zZoundsCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Great staff excellent in every capacity. I personally purchased two hetfield signature guitars no problems at all with shipping billing and finished product as well on a scale of one to ten I would score them at a twelve"

"Their Lowest Price Guarantee is a waste of time. Ive never had them beat a price from Guitar Center or Musicians Friend. Theyll just write back that Unfortunately this is one of those RARE situations blah, blah, blah.... When its every time, its not rare. Just buy elsewhere and save yourself some time."

modified review This review was modified by Heres_what_I_think on June 07 2014 12:45:48 PM

"Beware of this company. They have the Worst financing dept. I am on a 8 month payment plan and they they took 2 payments at once. I had to call my bank 7 times and this company at least 6 times to get the 2nd payment removed. They cost me $108 in overdraws and will not help me recoup the money by giving me a discount on anything after they told me they would because of their mistake. They will not even write me back when I write them in an email from the website or just in a re: from a previous mail we exchanged when this problem began. Very unhappy and would not recommend to anyone."

modified review This review was modified by dejavu27021 on June 03 2014 04:24:17 AM

"I ordered a guitar and case that were listed as in stock, in fact the case told me there were only two left and I should order quickly. The next day the guitar shipped but the case didn't. Days later I get an e-mail saying the case was on back-order. I replied and told them to cancel the back-ordered case. Three days later I got a message saying the case was shipped and I was charged $120. I am still trying to get my money back. I will never do business with these people again"

modified review This review was modified by Jcurl04063 on March 03 2014 08:59:51 AM

"After ordering a Takamine 128 at a great value(they beat the competitor price)I got sent the wrong model...just before Christmas. I called them right away, very pissed off. For my surprise, two days later I had the right one sitting on my lap.
Customer service was above all my expectations. All guys very polite and focused on fixing my problem.
I would recommend this store to anyone and will shop again if needed.

"Beware of zzounds. Have had a poor experience with this outfit. They sell used equipment as new, discounts on "blemished" equipment which one would think was new but with a surface "blemish." Turns out they mean used and then had their CSR claim to me in call that it was checked and new. The mftr of item was willing to work with me until I sent them the receipt, and then told me the item was used and therefore no warranty. Contacted the president of zZounds. Never heard a word back. In my opinion, there are better places out there...in fact, I'd recommend musicians buy local and not deal with nameless, faceless, uncaring. I'm stuck with a"

modified review This review was modified by irvcomstock on December 15 2013 05:43:20 PM

Zylcho's Avatar
Planet Earth

"This review is NOT about the product and pricing as they are right on. Its about the way they blatantly sell your email to anyone willing to purchase it. One in particular is dealshabibi.com. I have no clue if this is a parent company or what, but they sure as hell dont wait to spam you up. I am sure by using their "unsubscribe" link that I will have to ward off other camel jockeys peddling their goods. For this and this alone I am rating them the worst in all categories."

"This company is awful! They said they shipped it out and didn't then they said never processed my order. Meanwhile I own a company and needed them for a gig! Trust me do not waste you time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/1/13"

"The worst online music store. I bought a Martin acoustic guitar from them about 45 days ago. Clearly not stored in humidified warehouse. I was going to eat the cost of cleaning up frets. Brought it to a repair shop and they noticed a crack on side. Called zZounds. They said you are a few days past return policy. I said guitar has never been played and has been stored in humidified room. They said too bad. And they were rude on the phone. Would avoid store at all cost."

modified review This review was modified by coppianimal on May 27 2013 05:57:03 PM

"Disappointing customer service.
Purchased a set of headphones that failed after 45 minutes of use. This is of course not the fault of zZounds, but their customer support effectively ended with - "go speak with the manufacturer".

I can certainly understand zZounds not providing service or the option to return the item if this was months into usage, but not after just 13 days after the purchase and after 45 minutes of actual use.

I would recommend avoiding zZounds unless purchasing items that cannot fail due to mechanical/electronics.

modified review This review was modified by seanbrin on May 16 2013 08:32:19 AM

"I am usually very pleased with zZounds. I've ordered almost, if not all my drum hardware from them. They always shipped UPS, which I prefer. UPS delivers before 1pm in my residential area, I can count on Big Brown showing up just before 1pm, like clockwork. This last time, they shipped via FedEx.. and boy can I tell you I am hating every last second of it. FedEx delivers around 7-8pm in my area. Completely unacceptable. I do not like it when I have limited ability to chose which carrier they are going to ship my package with. If they cannot allow me to state whom I want to deliver my order, I'll have to take my business to a provider that allows me the choice. I spend well over 2k a month on various hardware, parts and musical equipment. You would think that I'd be a valued customer."

modified review This review was modified by Hoobascank on May 14 2013 02:07:25 PM

"I ordered a Traveler Guitar EG-2, which was the only one left on their stock. I could not wait to receive the guitar because of great reviews I watched on you tube. It was a complete bummer when I received the package and checked the guitar. The edges of the frets were all rough and sharp (I got a tiny cut), and you could tell it was unfinished because the fret guides were still visible. I was very sure they knew about this but sent the guitar anyway.

Here's the picture of the guitar and see for yourself: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45957657/misc/eg2.png

"They're greedy. They shipped me a damaged guitar, that was on sale (I suspect because they had damaged items to get rid of) after I had arranged the return I checked and they still had the one I wanted in stock, but did not hold one for me. When my return was shipped back to them they told me they had sold out and I could not get the guitar. Thats a lousy way of handling returns, and shipping damaged guitars as new is also corrupt.
Don

"I was previously very disappointed with zZounds because they would not even pay for the shipping for me to get a faulty guitar that I bought from them fixed. I was extremely negative towards the company on many websites because I was not expecting them to help me at all. Just today zZounds emailed me and told me that they are very sorry for the inconvenience and that they would be more than happy to pay for my shipping. They did this even though I was so extremely negative towards their company! I was very shocked by this and very grateful that they could help me out. I believe that this shows extraordinary customer service because I was so negative and they still helped me. I wi now continue my patronage at zZounds and I am very thankful for their help."

modified review This review was modified by henry_ on November 01 2012 01:23:48 PM

"I'd like to add my name to those that left praise for zzounds! I ordered the Yamaha EZ 200 Keyboard on Monday, much to my surprise it arrived to my home yesterday (Tuesday) I am extremely happy with their company. I got the item next day it was in new condition (I purchased the repackaged kit) and their prices were unbeatable! This is truly a trust worthy company! We will be back for more!!!"

zZounds is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!