Stores > zZounds

Product & services pricing Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

"I hate writing reviews but this time around I have to. First of all I am not a customer of zzounds, have never heard from them until today. Someone used my card to purchase from them as soon as I noticed the issue, I called them for my money back. They acknowledged that the account was in a different name but told me they will not return my money unless the person who bought from them pays them their money. In what world is this fair? please do not give this people your credit card because they do not have a safe system that can protect your card information. buyer beware."

This review was modified by adzovia on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I purchased a guitar pedal from Zzounds.com. The ordering process was easy, prices were the best I could find, and it shipped expeditiously. It was packed firmly and arrived undamaged. "

"I read a lot of reviews here, that I must say, gave me pause about doing business with Zzounds. I ordered 3 items with them, A drum machine, a mixer, and a guitar. I'm gone a lot, so it was a while before I could get home, and check everything out. Everything arrived o/t and was in perfect condition. All except the guitar, were on "play as you pay", and if you are credit challenged, this should be your first stop. Could not be more pleased with the company, or their service. They pick up the phone promptly, and will answer all questions, to your satisfaction. Update 11/3/15. Ordered a second drum machine, right on time, and they send payment reminders to let you know when they'll be drawing funds. Excellent service, prices, and financing. "

"This is my second guitar purchased from zzounds, both birthday presents one for my fiance one for my daughter. This past order was for my daughter, product wise she was thrilled and mommy wise I was super happy too! I was real wishy-washy about what to get her for her 21st BDAY and didn't decide until 3 days before. I paid extra for the 2day air (which I thought was reasonably priced) it was sent out the next day and arrived the morning of her birthday. I purchased the ('blemished'-these are a little less and honestly I have a hard time finding the blemishes) Vintage White Roadhouse Fender, it was gorgeous and plays beautifully. I did not have to call or complain about shipping or product so I did not speak to sustomer service, so I can't speak to that but I did get timely emails with shipping and product info. "

This review was modified by whtsupchknbutt on September 20 2015 06:14:33 AM

"Overall good experience. I was able to sign up for pay as you play over the phone with no issues. Customer service was great and my guitar arrived on time and brand new it the box. I will definitely be continue to do business with them."

This review was modified by Lex117 on August 13 2015 06:47:48 AM

"I purchased 2 x D'Angelico EX Style B earlier this year.
The first guitar had 3 x screws missing from the tailpiece. When I informed them I was informed I was outside the 45 day warranty and had to contact D'Angelico (still have not got 3 x screws)

The second guitar had a mark through the varnish on the front. I did not ask for a replacement but advice. I got none.

2 x guitars, 2 x problems say's a lot about their quality control.

"Better hope nothing about your order is wrong because if it is they don't care and won't do much if anything. I and a friend have both received damaged items. Had to pay for shipping on a return another time. Tried to order over the phone with them and had the worst experience. The guy told me a total and asked if he should process it. I said yes and assumed the order was made. Nope. Never sent in the order. So I call them to try to order again. When it shows up, turns out they sent me the wrong product! When I call them they said I could send it back for the correct one.. But that's it. No deal, no discount. Now I first tried to order the product and still don't have it 2 weeks later due to their incompetence and they offer me no discount. And I was a pretty frequent costomer. Never ordering from them again now because it has never been a good experience and they never do anything to make it up to you. "

"I am always a bit leery the first time I do business with an online store, but I could not have been happier with my experience with zZounds! I had been trying to decide on whether to purchase the Yamaha Stagepas 600i PA system or a wireless microphone system. During my research I came across the zZounds website, and due to their convenient 8 payment installment plan I was very excited to find I could buy both! I placed my order on Monday morning and received my purchases on Tuesday afternoon. I will definitely be doing business with zZounds again!"

This review was modified by cs0599 on April 08 2015 09:19:27 AM

"I've purchased several items for zZounds and have been a happy customer. The play as you pay is great. I decided to purchase an Arturia KeyLab 25 that is bundled with the Arturia Analog Lab software and Bitwig DAW software. When the keyboard arrived it was clearly not new. There were scratches all over it and the Middle-C key is not attached properly. It sticks up about half an inch. zZounds has a policy not to return items that contain items with a copyright. The only exception to that is "...only be returned for replacement if they are defective or damaged in transit,". Sadly, my run as a zZounds customer has come to an end. I would advise anyone considering a purchase of merchandise with a copyright to shop elsewhere. You can't know if something is defective until you open it. If you open it they will not do an exchange."

This review was modified by WhatIAmSam on April 02 2015 09:45:53 AM

"zzounds, just wanted to let your customers know,and the ones that are thinking about doing business with you.I have purchased drums items from cymbals to bass drum pedals, cymbals stands etc. Pay as you play is a awesome way to do business.I have never had any complaints always arrived on time. will continue to do business again in the near future thanks again, D. Albritton"

"Honestly, if you want a TRUE review. Read this.

Have never used this site until a friend told me about it. I ordered a drumset online (payment plan) the 2nd week in Feb. Saw that it was on backorder *BIG SURPRISE* ....so I patiently waited for the new date it would arrive, according to them Mar 5th. Today is Mar 9th and I just got off the phone with a supervisor and he says he has no clue when the kit will exactly arrive and that it could be coming sometime this week but asked ME to keep checking in. How ridiculous and organized is this place? Do you not know where the orders go? Is no one keeping track of late shipments?

Pretty much the point is, Why am I going to order something at the beginning of Feb to have it shipped almost 1 1/2 months later. Completely unacceptable. This will the first and LAST time I use this site. Good day :)

"I had an awful experience with Zzounds. Drew, the head of their customer service team was a real piece of work. They don't get the serial numbers for their merchandise and things are not insured. So why even buy something expensive on a payment plan if there is a chance you will not receive it.

I had a guitar that was delivered but did not end up at my door. I managed to get it back by doing some detective work and Zzounds is not liable. Nor is Fed Ex. Go to a local guitar store to buy your merchandise

This review was modified by Sadlymad on February 18 2015 04:22:16 PM

"had a terrible experience with them. got a guitar from them, it started delaming after only 30 days. they refused to make it right and forced me to deal with the manufacturer... thank god for gibson but after the way zzounds treated me i didnt even want the guitar anymore. zzounds is the worst, there are better places to go where they actually care about there customers. think twice before they put the screws to you."

This review was modified by kckeown on February 06 2015 10:09:46 PM

"Ordered an overdrive pedal that normally runs about $300. Got almost $100 off because Zzounds had a "blemished" version. I was a little wary ordering it, sight unseen, but when it arrived I found the only flaw to be a pretty small scuff to the finish on the underside of the pedal. Definitely worth $100 to me! A great deal."

This review was modified by Jmeyerson on February 03 2015 06:46:05 AM

"Well, I order a Hofner HTC 5001 Bass. The site said the color bass I wanted was in stock. I ordered it, and got an email it was on backorder. Emailed customer service, they said it would be in on the 13th of December, the next day the site said the 15th of December. I was not real happy since it was a Christmas present for my son. 2 days later, the website said more were coming March 9th. Really not happy then. So, again I emailed customer service. I asked if they could just swap the color to the one that was in stock. They emailed back and said they could not without first canceling the order. I was ready just to cancel the order. I called customer service, spoke with someone who said he could switch the order, by canceling the other and we could do it right over the phone. The person I spoke with was very helpful. I tried to do the 8 payment plan that it sad was available on the website, it actually still says that. But their system would only let it go through as the for. This poor guy, tried everything to get it set up as 8 payment plan, but it just wouldn’t go through. He ordered, canceled, order and canceled, like 3 times, but it would not take it. So I said just do the four, so we did. Took about 15 minutes, the bass shipped that day, and was at my house in rural Appalachia in two days.

With that being said, the experience was painful at first, but once I spoke to a person, we worked it out, the bass is here, and is absolutely a beautiful instrument. I played it myself for about 2 hours, and hate to turn it over to my son. Over all, the experience was not that bad, and the customer service guy saved the day. I will deal with them again.

This review was modified by scottinGC on December 20 2014 11:08:30 AM

Share zZounds's store rating

zZounds is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!