Stores > zZounds

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.62/10 4.62/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.25/10 3.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review zZounds by clicking a star below.
2017-05-19

Idk what the complaints are about

"Received my product. Free 2 day shipping. Taylor Dlx 214ce Grand auditorium. No problems. Great product. No scratches, dents or any issues. Thanks zzounds will be using you again."

2017-05-13

Just Pefect!

"I have ordered three different speakers from this company with ZERO problems! Each came well packaged with super fast free shipping! Their payment option program makes purchases easy on the pocketbook with NO interest on extended payments. Couldn't be happier.!

2017-05-11

Does not care if you received what you paid for!!!

"Zzounds has absolutely no empathy for their customers. They shipped to the wrong address and cannot track the item when it was returned by the residents of that address who sent it back via fedex ground. They basically took my money and said they fulfilled the order and there's nothing they can do. Unbelievable!! One typo on your order can cost you hundreds of dollars... I am certain that if this was amazon, guitar center or any other supplier their would've been a plan of action to resolve the matter. They basically want me to walk away having paid for nothing, I'm not waiting on them to maybe see if it returns to the warehouse, will dispute with my bank immediately!"

2017-05-01

Sratched and dented

"Ordered 2016 Les Paul, thought I had a good deal at $2169.00 with $100 dollar discount the zzounds operator had offered me. Sweet (I thought) . Got the LP dropped off and received a sratched and dented up LP. The check off sheet inside the guitar case that is filled out at time of sale ,stated that this is a unmarked and perfect guitar. There quality control guy must be blind! The top cap is in good shape but for the sides and back. This has more rash than stewie **** on family guy... now I called them and they offer me it for scratch and dent price. $1944.00. I offer them $1744.00 $100.00 for the hundred they gave me when ordered, and hundred off for the inconvenience of sending me this dog bone. More sell it ,than take care of the customer attitude. I told there return department, that if they had called me prior to just shipping this out and explaining about the condition of the finish, I may have payed as a scratch and dent price. But when you take it upon yourself to make that decision for me ( it should cost you ,not ME) . They came back and said we will only sell it as a S&D and the price $1944.00 and no where not going to give you the $100.00 off that we gave you in the first-time deal. I must be a customer servant"

2017-04-27

Fantastic !!

"I placed my order on a Monday and had the gear on Wednesday afternoon.
I used the four month payment option and am thrilled with the level of service and how fats and easy it was.
As a working musician that is a lifesaver.
Didn't miss a beat.
I will definitely be using this site again!!!

Michael Rye.

2017-04-20

beyond pleased !

"ive spent a small fortune there and have zero regrets.every guitar from my Gibson Les Paul to my Washburn has came perfectly set up ,stringed and tuned. with no issues and all delivered within a week.as soon as my marshal amp is payed for i plan on using them again. i recommend zzounds to all my friends."

2017-04-19

Takes No Responsibility Past 45 Days

"I purchased a Taylor classic guitar from Zzsounds. Within several weeks, the tuning peg assembly started pulling away from the neck on one side. What does the company do in the face of this obvious defect: announce that I'm beyond is 45-day return policy so have no remedy. Avoid this seller. "

2017-04-04

returns

"i have spent thousands over the years with this company , never had a problem in the past .However in the last year it's gone down hill . I'm a professional musician . I HAVE OPENED for national acts over the years ! well i recently orderd a Zoom Q8n Zoom handi cam and they canceled my order and said they want TAKE any future orders in the future because of too many returns ! honestly my recent returns were done in good faith , tried the product but didn't fit my need! a few were dfective ! so now they cut me off -- unbelievable ! for the record i purchased a 16oo Martin 12 string in the past from them ! they shipped it from up north to down south twice so ultimately ended up with a warp bulge at the 12th fret ,after the 45 day return was up ! i called Marin they said - they NEVER SHIP BELOW A CERTAIN TEMPERATURE for just that reason ! so you all have been warned ! i stopped using zzsounds for a while . only reason i even tried again was because sweetwater was out of them ! "

2017-02-20

Excellent company for Instrument Financing

"Through using the financing service for Zzounds, I was able to provide my husband with an expensive guitar for his 50th birthday. This guitar was something he has wanted all his life and something I knew I could not pay for outright with cash. After 12 months, the guitar was paid off and my husband was totally surprised, happy and satisfied.

I would not have been able to provide this wonderful experience without the financing service of Zzounds. The transaction was incredibly smooth and I highly recommend this company.

2017-02-14

BEWARE!! ZERO QUALITY CONTROL!!

"I purchased a $400 Ibanez bass for my daughter for Christmas. Not having ever owned or played a bass before we were unaware the instrument arrived with a manufacturers defect and "frets out". She recently took a lesson, using the instrument for the first time, and learned there is a defect in the bass that should've been caught prior to shipping IF the shipper tuned and checked their merchandise prior to shipping. Upon contacting Zzounds I was informed we are "outside of their 45 day return policy" and to contact Ibanez directly. So now we have a $400 problem because they didn't bother to QC their merchandise. I should've read their reviews prior to purchasing from them. I'VE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH AMAZON STANDING BEHIND THEIR MERCHANDISE. Wish I'd've just stuck with a trusted and reputable company. "

2017-02-14

i started my new account and i said ima new customer guys

"under zzounds return it say We allow you to return almost any product for any reason. When returning a product, you can request an identical replacement item, exchange the product for another product, or request a refund. When procedures are followed, there are no restocking fees. For Canadian and US territories customers, please note that if you request an exchange, we require the original item to be received and processed in our warehouse before shipping a replacement. but when i return my item i told the customer service i wood like the exchange for in mixer i place in that oder thinking it was in mixer it was in mixer case so i got the ra# number to return the item my tracking say it been at thay offic since friday tracing number are 9505 5141 5632 7039 0342 51 so they say it will take a few to the return take that amount back i ask can i do exchange as it say like i wanted to do for in mixer they talking about it wood be in first down payment again come on bizzness is bizznees stop puting bull **** in the game i paid for these item your ship it it was rong i return it if i want some eles it should not be in payment i still have the account and i still o you,ll guy,s let make some money together **** makeing me ack kup the way people doing thay **** so i just want to leave that comment there ive been trying to keep up with my bills and everything bad eneff thats how paypal like to get over and ebay sometimes long there together thay will tell u something "

2017-02-04

If you don't get the item you ordered, they ban you?

"#1...I ordered an item. It showed "last one" on their site. The item was suppose to be with another item on the same order, but wasn't there when I received the package. I checked on line and it still said there was only one left, which told me they hadn't taken it off the shelf. I called and they acknowledged the error and shipped it. This time the item showed "sold out" on their site. They tried to charge me twice thinking I bought 2, so I called to fix that! I asked them to make sure they noted the account so I would stay in good standing with them. . . #2...A week later I ordered 2 different items. When the box arrived, it was mangled. They had so little tape securing the box that it opened up from the damage and one of the items must have fallen out. I took and sent them 6 pictures so they could claim it against FedEx. They were suppose to ship me another, but instead sent me an email the next day stating that because there were too many items that went missing (citing those 2 orders as the reason), they would just refund me and not send me the replacement they promised and would rather not do business with me! That's telling me they thought I was trying to scam them. I WAS NOT!!! What? How is that my fault? AND they also cancelled a back-ordered item I was waiting for. What am I suppose to do, pay for something that I didn't get, shut my mouth so I can continue to have the "privilege" of continuing to do business with them? No way! I plainly didn't get those items! So BEWARE!!! If you don't get what you ordered even if it's not in your control, they blame you and don't want to do business anymore!!! I still have 2 payment plans with them and have bought probably $5,000 +- from them in the past 4 years! Ridiculous!!! "

2017-01-31

Surprised

"I am surprised by the negative reviews here. I ordered a pair of XLS-215's and received them in two days (excluding the weekend). Thats pretty satisfying for free shipping. Unfortunately, when I opened them, one of the was damaged. This could have been anyone's fault. ZZounds, Cerwin Vega, Fedex, who knows, but obviously they have are accountable to me at this point. So I called them and the guy took my info and said I'd receive an email with instructions for a return from another department within 48 hours. I had the email the next day. I printed the label which covered shipping and dropped it of at UPS packed in the same box it came in that same day. As soon as UPS scanned it into their system, ZZounds sent out a replacement. 2 business days later again now and I'm vibrating out of my seat as I write this review. Honestly, I don't see a way it could have been handled better. I understand that's not everyone's experience, but there can always be issues. I'm judging them by how well they handled it and I will shop there again for sure."

2017-01-04

Sold broken guitar

"Bought a "blemished" item for a Christmas gift for someone. The pickups were not working properly, the neck was horribly bent and unfixable due to a stripped truss rod screw, the tuning pegs and bridge were pretty tarnished and the nut was not attached. Customer service would not help at all due to it being after 45 days. The definition of a blemished item states the item is guaranteed to work perfectly, they do not stand by this claim after 45 days mind you. Customer service was also very rude and saw this as my problem and I should have noticed as they said. I was also able to confirm that when zzounds goes to list a blemished item there are no notes taken by the employee who looks at the item, so it could be broken and it would still be listed as it was in my case. Never ordering from them again."

2017-01-03

Never Again

"Ordered a brand new Fender Blues Deluxe, item delivered not working, called Zzounds and told me to return it by dropping it off to UPS (December 28) and once I drop it off I would get a tracking number which UPS will also send them and that they would send me the replacement as soon as they received tracking number from UPS, I tracked the item and it moved to two cities already so I called Zzounds again to see if they had send out the replacement already and they keep telling me their working on it, called them again every day and until now it's January 3 and they haven't sent my replacement yet!!! I will never again give my business to this company ever again! I heard better things with AMS."

Share zZounds's store rating

zZounds is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!