Stores > zZounds

Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-09-24

Unsatisfied customer

"I have bought multiple items from zzounds I overlooked the first mistake I ordered a 5 string bass and they sent me a 4 string. This time is just annoying and their return policy must not apply to faulty product. We ordered new strings at 32.00 and put them on the large one unraveled on first tuning. Although I have made several purchases through them they are not willing to replace the string. Very poor business. Will buy no further products from them."

This review was modified by ConnieKeeley on September 24 2016 08:47:10 AM

2016-09-23

Man did they deliver.

"I decided to upgrade from a pioneer ddj sx 2 to a ddj rz. I previously did all my business through American music supply. They however would not finance me for eight months only five which made my payments extremely high. I found this out after I placed the order and was kind of in a bind as I sold my sx2 on eBay the day I ordered the rz. The goal was to be able to make the payments out of the money I made DJing on Saturday nights. I was going to go through with it but decided I would see if anyone else would offer a similar financing arrangement. I found Zzounds website and rather then go through all the crap I called them. I talked to a guy in sales who actually knocked another 100 bucks off the price before we even started to place the order. I told him my situation and he told me he couldn't promise that he could finance me for eight months but would process the order and let me know if it went through before he charged my card. I received an email that it was approved and would have it in two days ( before the weekend ). For free shipping. It came in two days later as promised free shipping in perfect condition. Not to mention my payments are cheaper then they would have been through AMS. I have seen a few bad reviews online but you won't get one from me. They handled my situation professionally. Great job Zzounds."

This review was modified by Djaona on September 23 2016 09:18:37 PM

2016-09-22

zZounds reps are compulsive liars who say anything to make a sale.

"I purchased a left handed 8 string guitar for $650. Normally this model retails for $1100 so I got a pretty good deal. They listed it as "Blemished" which means used.

I called before the purchase and the phone rep assured me that it would be covered under the Schecter used warranty.

I made the purchase and my instrument was broken. The volume & tone nobs did nothing and the treble pickup was unmounted and falling into the strings.

I called zZounds back and the rep again assured me that Schecter would cover it in their warranty... SO I called Schecter.

I was promptly connected with their tech Jake. He noted to me that it is a used instrument and thus not covered by the warranty, which the warranty says in BOLD letters at the very top. He spent a good 6 hours of his time researching this issue for me.

He offered to send me all the parts I needed to do the repair or to call back zZounds for support so I decided to call zZounds.

The phone rep told me they acknowledged the problem and would be willing to fix the instrument for me. Great!

Two days later I got an email from zZounds saying that they are not going to honor the repair and will only take it back as for a refund.

zZounds blatantly lied to me on at least 3 occasions and refused to honor their word. I already repaired the instrument my self.

Thumbs up to Jake though, he was a superhero. I'd definitely buy Schecter for my next new guitar due to his support in this matter alone.

2016-09-21

Never had an issue until I had an issue but they did finally get back to me

"I had to update my original review from one star to three stars. They finally got back to me, and said they would allow me to return the defective merchandise. But read on because in this case "defective" is a bit of an understatement. I think the response should have been much quicker based on the severity of the issue, that is at least in 24 hours, not over 48. In any case I sent the unit back to the manufacturer for warrantee work as the customer service rep first stated.
Full story below. I would have hoped for more prompt service with this.
I had ordered new equipment from ZZOUNDS in the past without issue, but apparently I have been lucky.
I recently ordered a Tascam DP-24SD digital multitrack recorder from them, and noticed a problem that I first attributed to the grounding on a Fender Bassman head I was playing, that is, mild electrocution. When I was playing my guitar and recording I got a mild shock when I got too close to the dynamic mic when I went to sing. I have since found out through the use of a multimeter it was the recorder and found it was passing 50 volts off the case (I noticed the behavior with another amp, and realized the issue had to be the recorder). I contacted ZZOUNDS via the chat window, and since I was over the 45 day return period (by about 5 days or so) I was referred to the manufacturer for warrantee. I also requested a return via email because the unit is truly defective, but was never responded to. (I finally was 60 hours later)...
Now, I know that 45 days are what their policy states (it took me a little while to notice the issue was the recorder because it only happens if I happen to complete the circut to ground somehow, as when I'm playing and singing while recording), but I would think in the case of mild electrocution and an obvious manufacturer defect they would make an exception and give me a replacement or at least expedite the warrantee shipping for me. And quickly! Apparently not. So the question is, why buy from them they do not offer prompt customer service if you really need it? There are lots of other online music retailers and local mom and pop music shops that offer sales support, prompt support, and a credible return policy if needed.

This review was modified by JamesPMoranIII on September 22 2016 01:39:22 PM

2016-07-03

Stay away from Zzounds

"I bought a guitar from Zzounds in July 2015 because they offer a full refund if you don't like the instrument and return it within 45 days. I returned the Martin I bought in less than a week, fully inspected and carefully packed, but when they received it they claimed it had cosmetic damage and refused to refund my downpayment of $163.71. I replied via email that I had inspected the guitar before shipping and saw no damage and that it was unfair to refuse the refund, the full refund that they advertise on their website. They never responded and kept my money. Now a year later, July 2016, with no contact between us whatsoever in the past year, Zzounds is sending me emails asking for more money (actually tried to charge my credit card). Unbelievable! If you play guitar and Zzounds was the last place on earth to buy a guitar from, i would recommend you change to a different instrument."

This review was modified by AllenJohns on July 03 2016 11:59:22 AM

2016-06-18

Amazing customer service

"Because of zZounds I was able to purchase 3 amazing guitars and I will continue to be a lifetime customer to them because of there awesome customer service and great products. Thank you zZounds "

This review was modified by cowboyloos14 on June 18 2016 10:26:27 AM

2016-02-23

Banned From zZounds

"I have been a long time customer with zZounds. I have ordered many items and have had lots of problems. Almost every other order arrived with an issue. Guitars that were damaged from lack of humidity in their warehouse, amps that were broken straight out of the resealed box that states "Inspected by zZounds", pedals and audio interfaces that were missing paperwork or other contents. The most recent order I placed was for a GoPro Hero 4 Camera. I had them do a price match to Musician's Friend. They honor the price match and I place the order. The next morning, I receive an email saying the order was canceled. They didn't say why in the email so I called them to find out why. They tell me that I have had too many issues in the past with orders and they are no longer serving me as a customer. No problem. Between zZounds and American Musical Supply, I have the most issues. When I shop at Musician's Friend, Samash, Sweetwater, Amazon, or eBay, my orders show up with little to no issues. "

This review was modified by stratmansblues on February 23 2016 05:25:59 AM

2016-01-29

Teletastic

"I bought a Squire classic vibe 50`s Telecaster from zzounds on their play as you pay deal. Small deposit, pay off over a few months interest free. What a great deal!
I received my Tele 2 days after i ordered it. Fantastic guitar! made in China & worth probably double what they charge, $379 shipped to my door, what more can you ask for?
These guys are great & i will definitely buy from them again, awesome! AAAAA++++++

This review was modified by Englishaussie on January 29 2016 10:32:55 PM

2015-11-12

"I hate writing reviews but this time around I have to. First of all I am not a customer of zzounds, have never heard from them until today. Someone used my card to purchase from them as soon as I noticed the issue, I called them for my money back. They acknowledged that the account was in a different name but told me they will not return my money unless the person who bought from them pays them their money. In what world is this fair? please do not give this people your credit card because they do not have a safe system that can protect your card information. buyer beware."

This review was modified by adzovia on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-10-23

"I purchased a guitar pedal from Zzounds.com. The ordering process was easy, prices were the best I could find, and it shipped expeditiously. It was packed firmly and arrived undamaged. "

2015-10-16

"I read a lot of reviews here, that I must say, gave me pause about doing business with Zzounds. I ordered 3 items with them, A drum machine, a mixer, and a guitar. I'm gone a lot, so it was a while before I could get home, and check everything out. Everything arrived o/t and was in perfect condition. All except the guitar, were on "play as you pay", and if you are credit challenged, this should be your first stop. Could not be more pleased with the company, or their service. They pick up the phone promptly, and will answer all questions, to your satisfaction. Update 11/3/15. Ordered a second drum machine, right on time, and they send payment reminders to let you know when they'll be drawing funds. Excellent service, prices, and financing. "

2015-09-20

"This is my second guitar purchased from zzounds, both birthday presents one for my fiance one for my daughter. This past order was for my daughter, product wise she was thrilled and mommy wise I was super happy too! I was real wishy-washy about what to get her for her 21st BDAY and didn't decide until 3 days before. I paid extra for the 2day air (which I thought was reasonably priced) it was sent out the next day and arrived the morning of her birthday. I purchased the ('blemished'-these are a little less and honestly I have a hard time finding the blemishes) Vintage White Roadhouse Fender, it was gorgeous and plays beautifully. I did not have to call or complain about shipping or product so I did not speak to sustomer service, so I can't speak to that but I did get timely emails with shipping and product info. "

This review was modified by whtsupchknbutt on September 20 2015 06:14:33 AM

2015-08-12

"Overall good experience. I was able to sign up for pay as you play over the phone with no issues. Customer service was great and my guitar arrived on time and brand new it the box. I will definitely be continue to do business with them."

This review was modified by Lex117 on August 13 2015 06:47:48 AM

2015-07-29

"I purchased 2 x D'Angelico EX Style B earlier this year.
The first guitar had 3 x screws missing from the tailpiece. When I informed them I was informed I was outside the 45 day warranty and had to contact D'Angelico (still have not got 3 x screws)

The second guitar had a mark through the varnish on the front. I did not ask for a replacement but advice. I got none.

2 x guitars, 2 x problems say's a lot about their quality control.

2015-05-29

"Better hope nothing about your order is wrong because if it is they don't care and won't do much if anything. I and a friend have both received damaged items. Had to pay for shipping on a return another time. Tried to order over the phone with them and had the worst experience. The guy told me a total and asked if he should process it. I said yes and assumed the order was made. Nope. Never sent in the order. So I call them to try to order again. When it shows up, turns out they sent me the wrong product! When I call them they said I could send it back for the correct one.. But that's it. No deal, no discount. Now I first tried to order the product and still don't have it 2 weeks later due to their incompetence and they offer me no discount. And I was a pretty frequent costomer. Never ordering from them again now because it has never been a good experience and they never do anything to make it up to you. "

Share zZounds's store rating

zZounds is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!