Stores > zZounds

Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-07-03

Stay away from Zzounds

"I bought a guitar from Zzounds in July 2015 because they offer a full refund if you don't like the instrument and return it within 45 days. I returned the Martin I bought in less than a week, fully inspected and carefully packed, but when they received it they claimed it had cosmetic damage and refused to refund my downpayment of $163.71. I replied via email that I had inspected the guitar before shipping and saw no damage and that it was unfair to refuse the refund, the full refund that they advertise on their website. They never responded and kept my money. Now a year later, July 2016, with no contact between us whatsoever in the past year, Zzounds is sending me emails asking for more money (actually tried to charge my credit card). Unbelievable! If you play guitar and Zzounds was the last place on earth to buy a guitar from, i would recommend you change to a different instrument."

This review was modified by AllenJohns on July 03 2016 11:59:22 AM

2016-06-18

Amazing customer service

"Because of zZounds I was able to purchase 3 amazing guitars and I will continue to be a lifetime customer to them because of there awesome customer service and great products. Thank you zZounds "

This review was modified by cowboyloos14 on June 18 2016 10:26:27 AM

2016-02-23

Banned From zZounds

"I have been a long time customer with zZounds. I have ordered many items and have had lots of problems. Almost every other order arrived with an issue. Guitars that were damaged from lack of humidity in their warehouse, amps that were broken straight out of the resealed box that states "Inspected by zZounds", pedals and audio interfaces that were missing paperwork or other contents. The most recent order I placed was for a GoPro Hero 4 Camera. I had them do a price match to Musician's Friend. They honor the price match and I place the order. The next morning, I receive an email saying the order was canceled. They didn't say why in the email so I called them to find out why. They tell me that I have had too many issues in the past with orders and they are no longer serving me as a customer. No problem. Between zZounds and American Musical Supply, I have the most issues. When I shop at Musician's Friend, Samash, Sweetwater, Amazon, or eBay, my orders show up with little to no issues. "

This review was modified by stratmansblues on February 23 2016 05:25:59 AM

2016-01-29

Teletastic

"I bought a Squire classic vibe 50`s Telecaster from zzounds on their play as you pay deal. Small deposit, pay off over a few months interest free. What a great deal!
I received my Tele 2 days after i ordered it. Fantastic guitar! made in China & worth probably double what they charge, $379 shipped to my door, what more can you ask for?
These guys are great & i will definitely buy from them again, awesome! AAAAA++++++

This review was modified by Englishaussie on January 29 2016 10:32:55 PM

2015-11-12

"I hate writing reviews but this time around I have to. First of all I am not a customer of zzounds, have never heard from them until today. Someone used my card to purchase from them as soon as I noticed the issue, I called them for my money back. They acknowledged that the account was in a different name but told me they will not return my money unless the person who bought from them pays them their money. In what world is this fair? please do not give this people your credit card because they do not have a safe system that can protect your card information. buyer beware."

This review was modified by adzovia on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-10-23

"I purchased a guitar pedal from Zzounds.com. The ordering process was easy, prices were the best I could find, and it shipped expeditiously. It was packed firmly and arrived undamaged. "

2015-10-16

"I read a lot of reviews here, that I must say, gave me pause about doing business with Zzounds. I ordered 3 items with them, A drum machine, a mixer, and a guitar. I'm gone a lot, so it was a while before I could get home, and check everything out. Everything arrived o/t and was in perfect condition. All except the guitar, were on "play as you pay", and if you are credit challenged, this should be your first stop. Could not be more pleased with the company, or their service. They pick up the phone promptly, and will answer all questions, to your satisfaction. Update 11/3/15. Ordered a second drum machine, right on time, and they send payment reminders to let you know when they'll be drawing funds. Excellent service, prices, and financing. "

2015-09-20

"This is my second guitar purchased from zzounds, both birthday presents one for my fiance one for my daughter. This past order was for my daughter, product wise she was thrilled and mommy wise I was super happy too! I was real wishy-washy about what to get her for her 21st BDAY and didn't decide until 3 days before. I paid extra for the 2day air (which I thought was reasonably priced) it was sent out the next day and arrived the morning of her birthday. I purchased the ('blemished'-these are a little less and honestly I have a hard time finding the blemishes) Vintage White Roadhouse Fender, it was gorgeous and plays beautifully. I did not have to call or complain about shipping or product so I did not speak to sustomer service, so I can't speak to that but I did get timely emails with shipping and product info. "

This review was modified by whtsupchknbutt on September 20 2015 06:14:33 AM

2015-08-12

"Overall good experience. I was able to sign up for pay as you play over the phone with no issues. Customer service was great and my guitar arrived on time and brand new it the box. I will definitely be continue to do business with them."

This review was modified by Lex117 on August 13 2015 06:47:48 AM

2015-07-29

"I purchased 2 x D'Angelico EX Style B earlier this year.
The first guitar had 3 x screws missing from the tailpiece. When I informed them I was informed I was outside the 45 day warranty and had to contact D'Angelico (still have not got 3 x screws)

The second guitar had a mark through the varnish on the front. I did not ask for a replacement but advice. I got none.

2 x guitars, 2 x problems say's a lot about their quality control.

2015-05-29

"Better hope nothing about your order is wrong because if it is they don't care and won't do much if anything. I and a friend have both received damaged items. Had to pay for shipping on a return another time. Tried to order over the phone with them and had the worst experience. The guy told me a total and asked if he should process it. I said yes and assumed the order was made. Nope. Never sent in the order. So I call them to try to order again. When it shows up, turns out they sent me the wrong product! When I call them they said I could send it back for the correct one.. But that's it. No deal, no discount. Now I first tried to order the product and still don't have it 2 weeks later due to their incompetence and they offer me no discount. And I was a pretty frequent costomer. Never ordering from them again now because it has never been a good experience and they never do anything to make it up to you. "

2015-04-08

"I am always a bit leery the first time I do business with an online store, but I could not have been happier with my experience with zZounds! I had been trying to decide on whether to purchase the Yamaha Stagepas 600i PA system or a wireless microphone system. During my research I came across the zZounds website, and due to their convenient 8 payment installment plan I was very excited to find I could buy both! I placed my order on Monday morning and received my purchases on Tuesday afternoon. I will definitely be doing business with zZounds again!"

This review was modified by cs0599 on April 08 2015 09:19:27 AM

2015-04-02

"I've purchased several items for zZounds and have been a happy customer. The play as you pay is great. I decided to purchase an Arturia KeyLab 25 that is bundled with the Arturia Analog Lab software and Bitwig DAW software. When the keyboard arrived it was clearly not new. There were scratches all over it and the Middle-C key is not attached properly. It sticks up about half an inch. zZounds has a policy not to return items that contain items with a copyright. The only exception to that is "...only be returned for replacement if they are defective or damaged in transit,". Sadly, my run as a zZounds customer has come to an end. I would advise anyone considering a purchase of merchandise with a copyright to shop elsewhere. You can't know if something is defective until you open it. If you open it they will not do an exchange."

This review was modified by WhatIAmSam on April 02 2015 09:45:53 AM

2015-03-27

"zzounds, just wanted to let your customers know,and the ones that are thinking about doing business with you.I have purchased drums items from cymbals to bass drum pedals, cymbals stands etc. Pay as you play is a awesome way to do business.I have never had any complaints always arrived on time. will continue to do business again in the near future thanks again, D. Albritton"

2015-03-09

"Honestly, if you want a TRUE review. Read this.

Have never used this site until a friend told me about it. I ordered a drumset online (payment plan) the 2nd week in Feb. Saw that it was on backorder *BIG SURPRISE* ....so I patiently waited for the new date it would arrive, according to them Mar 5th. Today is Mar 9th and I just got off the phone with a supervisor and he says he has no clue when the kit will exactly arrive and that it could be coming sometime this week but asked ME to keep checking in. How ridiculous and organized is this place? Do you not know where the orders go? Is no one keeping track of late shipments?

Pretty much the point is, Why am I going to order something at the beginning of Feb to have it shipped almost 1 1/2 months later. Completely unacceptable. This will the first and LAST time I use this site. Good day :)

Share zZounds's store rating

zZounds is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!