zZounds Reviews - zzounds.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.33/10 268 reviews

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered a guitar and case that were listed as in stock, in fact the case told me there were only two left and I should order quickly. The next day the guitar shipped but the case didn't. Days later I get an e-mail saying the case was on back-order. I replied and told them to cancel the back-ordered case. Three days later I got a message saying the case was shipped and I was charged $120. I am still trying to get my money back. I will never do business with these people again"

modified review This review was modified by Jcurl04063 on March 03 2014 08:59:51 AM

"After ordering a Takamine 128 at a great value(they beat the competitor price)I got sent the wrong model...just before Christmas. I called them right away, very pissed off. For my surprise, two days later I had the right one sitting on my lap.
Customer service was above all my expectations. All guys very polite and focused on fixing my problem.
I would recommend this store to anyone and will shop again if needed.

"Beware of zzounds. Have had a poor experience with this outfit. They sell used equipment as new, discounts on "blemished" equipment which one would think was new but with a surface "blemish." Turns out they mean used and then had their CSR claim to me in call that it was checked and new. The mftr of item was willing to work with me until I sent them the receipt, and then told me the item was used and therefore no warranty. Contacted the president of zZounds. Never heard a word back. In my opinion, there are better places out there...in fact, I'd recommend musicians buy local and not deal with nameless, faceless, uncaring. I'm stuck with a"

modified review This review was modified by irvcomstock on December 15 2013 05:43:20 PM

"The worst online music store. I bought a Martin acoustic guitar from them about 45 days ago. Clearly not stored in humidified warehouse. I was going to eat the cost of cleaning up frets. Brought it to a repair shop and they noticed a crack on side. Called zZounds. They said you are a few days past return policy. I said guitar has never been played and has been stored in humidified room. They said too bad. And they were rude on the phone. Would avoid store at all cost."

modified review This review was modified by coppianimal on May 27 2013 05:57:03 PM

"Disappointing customer service.
Purchased a set of headphones that failed after 45 minutes of use. This is of course not the fault of zZounds, but their customer support effectively ended with - "go speak with the manufacturer".

I can certainly understand zZounds not providing service or the option to return the item if this was months into usage, but not after just 13 days after the purchase and after 45 minutes of actual use.

I would recommend avoiding zZounds unless purchasing items that cannot fail due to mechanical/electronics.

modified review This review was modified by seanbrin on May 16 2013 08:32:19 AM
Rating 6/103/5

"I am usually very pleased with zZounds. I've ordered almost, if not all my drum hardware from them. They always shipped UPS, which I prefer. UPS delivers before 1pm in my residential area, I can count on Big Brown showing up just before 1pm, like clockwork. This last time, they shipped via FedEx.. and boy can I tell you I am hating every last second of it. FedEx delivers around 7-8pm in my area. Completely unacceptable. I do not like it when I have limited ability to chose which carrier they are going to ship my package with. If they cannot allow me to state whom I want to deliver my order, I'll have to take my business to a provider that allows me the choice. I spend well over 2k a month on various hardware, parts and musical equipment. You would think that I'd be a valued customer."

modified review This review was modified by Hoobascank on May 14 2013 02:07:25 PM

"I ordered a Traveler Guitar EG-2, which was the only one left on their stock. I could not wait to receive the guitar because of great reviews I watched on you tube. It was a complete bummer when I received the package and checked the guitar. The edges of the frets were all rough and sharp (I got a tiny cut), and you could tell it was unfinished because the fret guides were still visible. I was very sure they knew about this but sent the guitar anyway.

Here's the picture of the guitar and see for yourself: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45957657/misc/eg2.png

"They're greedy. They shipped me a damaged guitar, that was on sale (I suspect because they had damaged items to get rid of) after I had arranged the return I checked and they still had the one I wanted in stock, but did not hold one for me. When my return was shipped back to them they told me they had sold out and I could not get the guitar. Thats a lousy way of handling returns, and shipping damaged guitars as new is also corrupt.
Don

"I was previously very disappointed with zZounds because they would not even pay for the shipping for me to get a faulty guitar that I bought from them fixed. I was extremely negative towards the company on many websites because I was not expecting them to help me at all. Just today zZounds emailed me and told me that they are very sorry for the inconvenience and that they would be more than happy to pay for my shipping. They did this even though I was so extremely negative towards their company! I was very shocked by this and very grateful that they could help me out. I believe that this shows extraordinary customer service because I was so negative and they still helped me. I wi now continue my patronage at zZounds and I am very thankful for their help."

modified review This review was modified by henry_ on November 01 2012 01:23:48 PM

"I'd like to add my name to those that left praise for zzounds! I ordered the Yamaha EZ 200 Keyboard on Monday, much to my surprise it arrived to my home yesterday (Tuesday) I am extremely happy with their company. I got the item next day it was in new condition (I purchased the repackaged kit) and their prices were unbeatable! This is truly a trust worthy company! We will be back for more!!!"

"Great music hardware merchant. I emailed them a lower competing price on a Novation Launchpad and they beat it (after 2 back-and-forth emails because the 1st time they didn't recognize the competing site's price), and shipped immediately. I purchased a Novation synth from them last year and also had a great experience, but neglected to review them at the time.

Edit: Just made another purchase 2/2/2014 - saw a low price at a NYC dealer, filled out the online form at ZZounds, and later in the day they beat the price by $5. I was told that the free shipping would take 7-9 days, I think, but it came in 3 days. I'm very pleased again with this retailer.

modified review This review was modified by bucklebelt on February 07 2014 08:12:31 AM

"Id heard of Zzounds but had never purchased anything from them. Id checked reviews and saw that overall most people has good shopping experiences with them. Recently I was in the market for a new guitar. Every site I checked listed it at the same price, $1149. I opted to try Zzounds and use their 4 pay as you play plan. That in itself is worth a positive review, that a company will allow you to break your payments into installments.

After I purchased my guitar I was looking around online and came across another site (a site Id never heard of at that) that listed the same guitar at $150 off, $999. I was pretty upset with myself and assumed I was stuck paying the higher price. The order Id placed had already processed and was sent to shipment. So short of refusing delivery when it got here I just made a $150 mistake.

Figuring I had nothing to lose by calling and seeing about a price adjustment, I called Zzounds to see if they would price match. It was a nice surprise to hear a CSR that actually spoke English and that I could understand. Kudos to Zzounds for keeping their order/call center in the USA. The gentleman I spoke with went to the other site where I told him I saw the same guitar for $150 less. He said Zzounds would absolutely price match, even though Id already placed the order, and with a 5 minute phone call I just saved myself $150.

Zzounds is definitely doing it right. Ill shop Zzounds for all my music needs in the future.

"Price matching and order processing were done in a timely fashion and product arrived on the promised date.
After installing the software for the purchased USB guitar input I found out that it requires purchasing dedicated speakers to get any sound output. The ones already connected to PC won't do. The request to return the product since it's unusuable as-is was rejected by zzounds.com because the box had been opened. Of course there is no mention of the product's limitations on their website so opening the box is the only way to find out about it. Now I am stuck with a $200 device that I can't use unless I buy more gear for it. zzounds- never again.

"Very pleased with their service. I purchased a Behringer K3000fx amp. They delivered on their promise to beat the lowest price I could find, and emailed me back with a counter-offer the same day I contacted them. The purchase went off flawlessly and the amp arrived 2 days after I ordered, free shipping via FedEx."

"I ordered a Nady duel wireless microphone headset which was listed as "Factory Repackaged." When it arrived the packaging had been previously opend and the antenna broken off. The screw on the lift up antenna was extremely tight so it was understandable how a previous owner had attempted to right it and accidently broken it and probably returned it. This is not what I consider Factory Repackaged" but broken, returned and simply sent out broken to a new customer to deal with. Not at all a proper way to do business. I would never trust them with my business again!"