zZoundsCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.18/10 8.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"Well, I order a Hofner HTC 5001 Bass. The site said the color bass I wanted was in stock. I ordered it, and got an email it was on backorder. Emailed customer service, they said it would be in on the 13th of December, the next day the site said the 15th of December. I was not real happy since it was a Christmas present for my son. 2 days later, the website said more were coming March 9th. Really not happy then. So, again I emailed customer service. I asked if they could just swap the color to the one that was in stock. They emailed back and said they could not without first canceling the order. I was ready just to cancel the order. I called customer service, spoke with someone who said he could switch the order, by canceling the other and we could do it right over the phone. The person I spoke with was very helpful. I tried to do the 8 payment plan that it sad was available on the website, it actually still says that. But their system would only let it go through as the for. This poor guy, tried everything to get it set up as 8 payment plan, but it just wouldn’t go through. He ordered, canceled, order and canceled, like 3 times, but it would not take it. So I said just do the four, so we did. Took about 15 minutes, the bass shipped that day, and was at my house in rural Appalachia in two days.

With that being said, the experience was painful at first, but once I spoke to a person, we worked it out, the bass is here, and is absolutely a beautiful instrument. I played it myself for about 2 hours, and hate to turn it over to my son. Over all, the experience was not that bad, and the customer service guy saved the day. I will deal with them again.

modified review This review was modified by scottinGC on December 20 2014 11:08:30 AM

"Limited online selection but they had a great set of drums and a fantastic 4 payment installment plan which enabled me to start playing sooner.

Shipping was very fast. Ordered Monday night (after close of business) and received my brand new drum set on Thursday. That's as good as FREE shipping gets.

The one issue I had was with their customer service. I emailed to ask if the drums I ordered were the satin finish or not since both are available from the mfg. The customer service rep replied pretty quickly and wrote that Satin is in the product description so these were satin finished. But they aren't. The drums I received (-DCB, not -SDCB) are very much NOT satin finished. The lack of product knowledge and poor attempt to resolve my question (they never even responded to my follow-up email) cost them a star.

Know what you want and pay attention to mfg model/item numbers so you know exactly what you're buying. Also note they sell open-box items as well as new, so pay attention to which you'd prefer.

For now, I'd consider them average. The shipping was excitingly fast and the payment plan was very helpful to get me practicing sooner, but their limited inventory and poor product knowledge prevent them from receiving a higher rating from me.

The pricing was good on my shell pack and I would recommend this seller with the aforementioned caveats.

My rating is 3/5 but this thing won't let me click 3 for some reason, only 2 and 4. Weird. Anyway they're okay but do your own homework and know what you're buying! Pay attention to mfg item number in your invoice.

modified review This review was modified by Goatstroker on December 05 2014 09:15:04 AM

"Hats off to zZsound. Years ago I fell on hard times and had to sell my guitar and amp for way, way less than I paid for it. I told myself when things get better I would start over. But I dint want to start over with anything less than what I had. I held off for way to long and the itch was overwhelming. Thanks to zZounds “Play As You Play” made it easy and affordable to start over. Thou I kept it conservative I got exactly what I wanted and I can’t be happier. I ordered on a Sat. and received my order that Tue. and everything in perfect condition. A week later I can truly recommend to anyone the Fender Modern Player Stratocaster HSS and my Vox VT20 to any beginner guitar enthusiast. I already have my next purchase planed. Thanks zZound. "

"I don't know whats going on with their rating here. I am extremely happy with the latest purchases from Zzsounds.
I've bought several items in this year, and planned to do more. First item in this year, Ibanez AR420 came flawless. Few month later I have ordered Fender Deluxe Reissue amp. It came in 2 days. I have to admit though I i didn't have a occasion to talk to any rep nor service department.
Both products I purchased taking advantage of using installments. No complaints so far. Recommended.

"After seeing the low rating for zZounds here I almost didn't buy from them -- but I'm very glad I did. I want to share this because I know people are much more likely to write a review if there were problems. I checked everywhere and they had the best price on a studio accessory I needed. The free FedEx shipment arrived from 3 states away 2 days later - on a Saturday -- an excellent experience that will have me first checking with them next time."

modified review This review was modified by Davideopro on November 08 2014 09:12:13 PM

"I ordered a mim fender strat plus top and I couldn't be happier with my experience. My guitar came brand new, sealed in the fender factory box and it was in perfect condition. It was even setup pretty well (by fender) This is one sweet guitar!! This shipped from NJ to MD and I received it within 24 hours of ordering. Thank you zzounds!!! I look forward to buying from you in the future."

"Be aware. The Korg SV-1 88 with serial number 105298 is still out there waiting to be sold to the unknowing consumer. I ordered this unit from zzounds.com and upon arrival found it to be a faulty keyboard. There is 'noise' coming from all outputs and there is a lingering noise after key let-off (not sustain). I contacted them in regards to getting a refund. However, when I paid $200 to send it back I was told to send it to another address; an address where they couldn't evaluate the unit and find a problem. Therefore, and with accordance with their policy, I was NOT reimbursed for my shipping. I did get my refund. But my problem is with their customer service and their willingness to relinquish themselves of any liability by sending this particular keyboard back on the 'shelves' for other middleman entities to sell. Keep in mind that these warehouses store equipment to be sold by all other musical venues and entities. If you purchase the SV1-88 look for the mfg. sticker on the back, under the power cord input and look for Serial No. 105298. That particular model is broken and needs to be taken out of inventory. Also, be wary of anything associated with 8 Thornton Rd., Oakland, NJ 07436; as this was the shipping address they furnished me for the return address. This is the Warehouse. This situation has left me disgusted in zzounds, and unfortunately in Korg SV1-88."

modified review This review was modified by mbalansay on September 13 2014 08:38:18 AM

"I've purchased three $2,000+ guitars and numerous other QUALITY pieces of equipment from zZounds and have been quite happy with each and every purchase. The common theme I've noticed with the folks writing negative reviews for this company is that they've ordered blemished/factory repackaged or refurbished items and cannot understand why they've received something that is ......blemished or repacked/refurbished..... one fellow hates them because fedex delivers late in the day to his neighborhood.... trouble price matching items that one would assume were probably found on a blowout or clearance sale somewhere else or have spent money on a cheap product expecting something of a much higher quality. If you are buying high quality equipment, have done your homework on that equipment and have some vague idea about how the world works outside your front door, this company is a great convenient way to get what you need"

"Ordered a Fender American Special Jazz Bass in Black. I'm using the Play As You Pay payment plan and so far nothing bad has happen. Got the bass on the estimated ship date, found it perfectly packaged and the bass had no scratches or wear on it and it plays great. Reading all these negative reviews made me skeptical at first, but I was willing to take the risk because I needed a bass. Zzounds passed with flying colors in my book which concludes my experience with them so far, but the question is would I come back to purchase something else from them? Sure, but I'll still be cautious."

"Worst company in the world. Sent payment for refurbished powered speaker before 4 business day deadline.Sent payment within 3 business days but my order was cancelled and money refunded 2 weeks later."

"Great staff excellent in every capacity. I personally purchased two hetfield signature guitars no problems at all with shipping billing and finished product as well on a scale of one to ten I would score them at a twelve"

"Their Lowest Price Guarantee is a waste of time. Ive never had them beat a price from Guitar Center or Musicians Friend. Theyll just write back that Unfortunately this is one of those RARE situations blah, blah, blah.... When its every time, its not rare. Just buy elsewhere and save yourself some time."

modified review This review was modified by Heres_what_I_think on June 07 2014 12:45:48 PM

"Beware of this company. They have the Worst financing dept. I am on a 8 month payment plan and they they took 2 payments at once. I had to call my bank 7 times and this company at least 6 times to get the 2nd payment removed. They cost me $108 in overdraws and will not help me recoup the money by giving me a discount on anything after they told me they would because of their mistake. They will not even write me back when I write them in an email from the website or just in a re: from a previous mail we exchanged when this problem began. Very unhappy and would not recommend to anyone."

modified review This review was modified by dejavu27021 on June 03 2014 04:24:17 AM

"I ordered a guitar and case that were listed as in stock, in fact the case told me there were only two left and I should order quickly. The next day the guitar shipped but the case didn't. Days later I get an e-mail saying the case was on back-order. I replied and told them to cancel the back-ordered case. Three days later I got a message saying the case was shipped and I was charged $120. I am still trying to get my money back. I will never do business with these people again"

modified review This review was modified by Jcurl04063 on March 03 2014 08:59:51 AM

"After ordering a Takamine 128 at a great value(they beat the competitor price)I got sent the wrong model...just before Christmas. I called them right away, very pissed off. For my surprise, two days later I had the right one sitting on my lap.
Customer service was above all my expectations. All guys very polite and focused on fixing my problem.
I would recommend this store to anyone and will shop again if needed.

zZounds is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

zZounds is not a merchant member
zZounds does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!