"I waited about two months for the order. When I finally contacted their email support, they got back to me saying that ALL the items were out of stock and would not be in stock anymore. 2 months to tell me that? Seriously? Do you think you could have told me when you knew they were out of stock?

I have suspicion that this place is a scam.

modified review This review was modified by nicklenickle on March 18 2010 09:42:11 AM

"I ordered a childrens' book as a Christmas gift. Tower.com said they had it in stock. After I ordered it with "standard" shipping (and paid), my receipt (web page) said that it would ship in 8 to 15 days. Too long! I used their "contact us" form to ask if I could change to a faster shipping option. I received no response, so I followed their order cancellation procedure. By December 22nd, my order still showed (on the website) as pending. I tried canceling it again, and it said the order was already canceled. I again used "contact us" to request a cancellation and refund of my payment. Again, I got no response. I finally received the book in mid-January, about 30 days after I originally ordered."

"Worst shopping experience ever! Please avoid them. Ordered some DVDs, they sent out the wrong items and am still fighting for my refund"

"Wow this place is terrible, ordered 3 books, received 2 of them - have contacted them multiple times to find out where the other book is.

Going through paypal to try and get money back for third book. Stay away from these guys

"Items charged and sent 2 weeks after cancellation of order. Don't expect e-mail confirmation of orders or cancellations, don't expect cancellations to be honored."

"I should have read these reviews before I ordered from this seller. I ordered three items, two CDs and one DVD. I received the CDs but not the DVD. I have emailed numerous times to find out the status of the DVD and they have not replied. Their customer service is terrible. It has now been about six weeks since I made the order and I have had to put in a dispute with PayPal to get my money back."

"Pre ordered the Beatles stereo box set on aug 31.
Box set to be released sept9....they charges my card immediately, then on the 18th of Sept they canceled my order saying there was an error on the webpage............have tried to contact them,no response.......they have not credited my card yet........contacted my card co and am disputing the charge,..............never order fdrom tower.com

"The WORST online buying experience I've ever had! When you select priority shipping, doesn't that signal that you might want to receive your goods as, oh say, a priority?! They took over 24 hours to ship my product (site said it would ship within 12 hours) and the package arrived after 11 days (rather than the 2-4 I paid for).

Did they apologize and offer to reimburse me for the difference between priority and standard shipping? No, they pointed to the fine print that we've all been trained to ignore and said the problem lies with USPS.

I refused to accept their package, so hopefully my credit card company will get my full payment back.

Thanks Overtock.com for making my purchase come through in the end!

"I will never buy from them again. I ordered over 2 weeks ago and item has not even shipped even though it was listed as "in stock". One item shipped 10 days ago and has still not made it to me."

"Here is what I wrote to Tower. I have not received a response.

I've just cancelled a large order. Take a look at order # 4388838.

Also take a look at the number of orders I've placed in the last 2-3 years. Take a look at what I have spent. Think About what I may spend in the future.

I will not be spending it at Tower.com I am through with you.

Service has gone way down. It took me days to reach customer service. You do not answer emails. You have no one answering the phones. You do not provide a physical mail address.

You held my shipment to consolidate items. That is ok. What is not ok is that in the interim period, two of the items I ordered became unavailable from Tower – yet you were still holding my order to ship items that would never, ever ship. You could have held it for months. Again, to be clear, you held my shipment for items that you no longer sell. Its only because I checked that any action was taken? When I finally reached someone after being on hold for 1.5 hours they said they wanted another 20 days to ship the balance I have bought a lot music from tower in the past two years and that counted for nothing. You offered me nothing and give me lousy service. I am done with you. I can’t imagine business is so good that you can alienate good returning customers, but apparently my money and my loyalty count for nothing at Tower. I know there are other firms in music distribution and sales that would be happy to take my money and give me good service. I am done with you

Today after an hour and a half wait, I finally got a CSR. Her name was Lea. She was supposed to cancel the whole order and issue a refund as I am not waiting another month. She only cancelled one item; the one that you no longer stock. Please ensure you cancel the whole order and issue the refund. Do not ship. You have been instructed to cancel. You still have title per your terms of sale. Any shipment will be refused. All shipping will be at your cost. I have already lodged a complaint with my credit card company. You will be charged back if you do not issue the credit.

"Tower.com is a SCAM. Save yourself the hassle and time and don't buy from them. Unless you don't care IF you get your product. They charge you upon purchase not shipment then take weeks to even ship your product. Mine were listed as "in stock" but took 2 weeks to leave the warehouse. Then customer service won't help you per company policy. If you like the hassle, they're the company for you."

Alabama

"I got a separate confirmation message for each item that it has been shipped,but it does not mean that the items are shipped. Rather, the entire shipment is held until all items are confirmed and then everything is shipped together. Misleading! Also, I received one CD that had the correct inserts and label, but when I played it, the CD had an entirely different band on it. I couldn't believe it. I don't think Tower.com buys from reputable places if this can happen. It is just today, 3 months later, that I was able to get a complete refund on the fake CD I returned per their instructions & RMA back in December. This was the absolute worst online purchase I've ever had and I've purchased online thousands of times, literally.

"I ordered a CD box set that says it is in stock and ships in 12 hours, well instead of them doing that they waited 3 days to ship and lowered the price while I waited. I contacted their customer service and asked if I could get the difference since they hadn't shipped it, said they said nope you should have waited to buy it. I ordered the box set for a birthday party that was on Feb. 1, and because of their delay in shipping it got here Feb. 2. This is the worst experience I've had buying something online will never go to tower.com again."

"Packing quality: very poor
Shipping confirmations, e-mail communication: fair to poor, misleading.
Phone customer service hold wait time: 20-30 minutes.
Customer service quality: reasonable representatives appear to be willing to fix the problems. Caveat: long hold time.
Prices: very reasonable.

The first time the order was sent, the box fell apart while being in transit, - the USPS office had to tape it together. 3 of 4 CDs were lost, the remaining one - had the jewel box cracked.
The replacement order came in an almost unsealed box that was barely holding together.

Moreover, you receive a separate confirmation message for each item that it has been shipped. Some of those can be sent several days apart (2 in the most recent shipment), but it does not mean that the items is shipped. Rather, the entire shipment is held until all items are confirmed and then everything is shipped together.

When the CSR promised to send the replacement order, she made a mistake: the confirmation for the items being ordered I received indicated one wrong CDs. I had to call again to have it checked/corrected.

Result: Order placed on Dec.31 was finally received on Jan. 23.

So far, this was the worst CD-buying experience in my life. I would think twice before ordering again from tower.com .

modified review This review was modified by StR on January 26 2009 12:24:42 PM

"I wished that I checked the reviews before ordering. Item was "in stock", "On sale ships within 12 hours" and has free shipping. I was prepared for the shipping to take the standard 8-15 days and thought like other excellent companies they set this expectation and you receive the order sooner then expected, which would ensure positive reviews and repeat purchases. Not with this store. Ordered on 1/4 and got a confirmation on the 15th that the order was shipped that day. I guess when it ships in 12 hours they mean 12 non-consecutive hours, and it's counted as around 1 hour each day. To make it even worse it's 8-15 days to deliver from this date but regardless of this they state they allow up to 21 days for delivery. I too have been charged on my credit card the minute the order was submitted and have received the credit card statement well before the item. I would order any audio/video items from another site that offers "free super saver shipping" over the $5.00 or so I would have saved by ordering from tower.com "

modified review This review was modified by serv1ce1sd3ad on January 24 2009 11:15:33 PM

Tower.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Tower.com is not a merchant member
Tower.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!