• Rating 9.17/10 252 reviews

Specialtech is not a merchant member
    Specialtech does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Specialtech contact information

• Address: Unit 1 Ynys Dawel Solva, Haverfordwest
    • Contact: support@specialtech.co.uk
    • Phone: 0871-423-6871
    • Business Hours: 10:00am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri Closed Sat-Sun

• checkmark icon COD

"It is very easy to write a negative review, and i am sure most of us have if we have encountered problems whilst shopping online-but i have a rhetorical question: how many of us actually take the time out to post follow up comments, should the issue be resolved? i'd venture to say not many-especially those that have felt hard done by.
I am not one of those people-sure i will come down on someone like a ton of bricks if i feel that i have been incorrectly treated, but on the flip side, i strongly feel, that one MUST redress the balance if the problem is solved.
As an ex professional athlete, i am fully aware that its the 'long run' that counts-stamina, not a flash in the pan performance-also due to the nature of my current business, i also know that what really leaves a lasting impression and cultivates trust, is how customer problems & hard times are dealt with.

I would like to say that i have been very impressed with Specialtech and the way that they dealt with my problem-i will not go into details, they do not really matter, what does matter is the professional and caring manner in which Specialtech were able to take a six (6) and turn it into a nine (9)-think outside the box here folks!
They went far beyond the 'call of duty' for lack of a better phrase, they made sure that there were no doubts left as to their competence when dealing with customers issues.
Again, i stress-its easy to give some one 5 stars for good problem free service, but we all know that mistakes/problems may arise in ALL of our lives-to me the issue is whether a company can earn 5 stars for dealing with problems as well -Specialtech have earned themselves 5 stars many times over in my humble opinion.
I am extremely satisfied with the outcome, and i have no hesitation in endorsing them to anyone who cares to ask.
Many larger companies could take a leaf out of Specialtech's book of customer care service -exemplary! Add to that, a huge stock of items,great prices & lightning fast postage, and what one has is a total win win situation.
A special thank you must be directed to Adrian Mundy who proved that he actually cares about the customer first, a commendable and rare trait-thank you Specialtech for restoring my faith in small business-well done!
A well earned 5 stars without hesitation!

modified review This review was modified by Mariyn27 on December 18 2012 03:39:47 PM

"Simply put it would be best to avoid them.

Small orders are ok but large orders and they fall apart.

Placed an order for a modded TJ07, rads and many, many parts. Takes two weeks according to their website. Ordered 20th of Sept, arrived 13th of October. Taking over three weeks.

At no time did specialtech get in contact with me to let me know that the order was likely to be delayed. I had to chase them for updates. What was annoying is that they state that they try to keep you updated of any delays. This is just untrue.

In the end I informed specialtech that I needed the items by Friday the 12th of October. This they again failed to achieve. I emailed to inform them that I wanted to cancel the order as they had continuously failed to deliver. At that point they organised a Saturday delivery.

Normally it may not make much difference to people about the day of delivery. I had organised time off to work on the system. This was wasted. The delivery on the Saturday was not much use to me as I left the country on the following Monday. I am now contracted to work nearly continuously till next Feb, meaning that the items will most likely gather dust till then.

Specialtech cannot be relied upon. They do not keep customers informed. Simply put it would be best to avoid them.

Be warned.

Edit, Reply to Specialtech Rep.

Hi, I appreciate your need to reply to my rating and defend specialtech.

When choosing a watercooled case your site states "Please allow 10-15 days for delivery!"

Checking each of the cases on the above page now seems to give different delivery times. The case I chose now seems to have had the wording changed from "please allow 10 - 14 days lead time for delivery" to "please allow at least 14 days lead time for delivery".

On the 11th of Oct the site stated "please allow 10 - 14 days lead time for delivery". This has been changed. I am not accusing you personally, but this change occurred after I bought the item. Please see the image below for proof.

I am also extremely annoyed that you state that you kept me informed. You only kept me informed when I chased you for information. Please double check your emails and amend your previous post. I will assume that you have been misinformed rather than you are misinforming.

The dates of our emails after the order was finalised.
21st Sept You emailed me with your ETA.
5th Oct I emailed you asking for an update.
8th Oct you replied stating that the case should be with me by the end of the week.
11th Oct I again emailed for an update.
12th Oct you told me that the case had finally arrived with you.
As the 12 of October was a Friday and Saturday deliveries are not standard for you that would have meant the earliest I would have received the case would have been Monday 15th.

At no time did you offer any updates. I had to chase you at every step.

You "are disappointed that the customer felt that our service was less than satisfactory in this case".
I cancelled the order at one stage. This was not because I was happy with what was happening.

I am astonished at your effort to misrepresent what happened.

At no time did specialtech get in touch with me to update me with respect to the order without being asked first by me.
You have changed your website pages to defend your position.

These are not the actions of a respectable and or trustworthy company.

I again repeat.

Simply put it would be best to avoid them.

Be warned.

modified review This review was modified by TaintedShirt on November 21 2012 11:40:17 AM

"Excellent service and excellent support.

If you ever need to phone telephone support you will be greeted with friendly outgoing staff who will help you as much as they can and sometimes go beyond their normal call of duty. Their attitude towards consumer is exemplary.

There Delivery of goods is perfect with well-sealed and packed items and you are kept up to date via your email.

Perfect

modified review This review was modified by mayhems on November 12 2012 01:51:01 AM

"one word sums Special Tech up ! BRILLIANT !! one of the most helpful companies i have ever had to deal with..

i would recommend talking to Martyn he is extremely helpful and will do anything to make sure you receive your order the next day...

Thanks

Lee Taylor

"Very good service and i am very impressed on how quick it got to me.
Also i would like to give a shout out to TTL as his video told me about specialtech.

"Great service very helpful with deciding on what products best fit your budget. Would definitely recommend specialtech to anyone thinking of water cooling there build."

"I've shopped with SpecialTech.co.uk multiple times now and I've always been very impressed with their range, delivery rates and their customer service.

People seem to forget that mistakes are made with orders which happens to every company, big or small. What sets SpecialTech.co.uk apart from every other company is their outstanding customer service in dealing with a request or a problem. They're informative, polite and it really feels like they have their customers best interests at heart. Example: They never managed to get my order out next day but paid for it to be shipped out for a Saturday delivery which is considerably more expensive and I believe most companies would have just had it delivered for Monday.

I would 100% recommend shopping here for your water cooling and case modding parts, you won't be disappointed.

"Excellent customer service, packaging and delivery. Will buy again!"

"I recently had my first experince with Special Tech customer service. I was very impressed with the prompt response and swift manner the issue was resolved.

Quick delivery, good packaging and communication etc are all an essential part of good customer service/experience. SpecialTech excel in this department. Its when things don't go to plan, that some retailer fall short on customer service. Mistakes happen.... that's human nature. However the manner a retailer deals with an issue, I believe is the true measure of their customer service. The service I received from SpecialTech puts them amongst my top online retailers!

"Fantastic in every way - speedy delivery, packed well and worked as described. ST are known for their fantastic customer service too."

modified review This review was modified by MarkRobbo96 on October 26 2012 01:52:49 PM

"A 4th time returning customer to SpecialTech I ordered a few parts for a new watercooling loop I'm currently in the process of putting together. The parts arrived the very next day after purchase although I made the mistake of buying the wrong model of reservoir. I contacted the guys at SpecialTech and they arranged an RMA and replacement within the same afternoon. The model I originally wanted arrived 2 days later. Quite simply, the people at ST genuinely care about their customers and also deliver an A grade service, this is why I continue to shop with them, and highly recommend them to everyone else. Thanks, and keep up the excellent work ST. - Craig"

"I have used Specialtech several times and have always been very happy with the service, they are very helpful and efficient, and will certainly use them again. "

"Fantastic service from these guys! Always there to help and answer any queries, check compatibility of products they stock. Fast delivery and no problem with issuing refund for returns - they even provide a free delivery for this! Will shop again and recommend to my friends!"

"Great customer service, very helpful and knowledgeable team, really impressed. Was a pre-order, kept me fully updated on stock due dates and dispatch of my new Case :-)"

"I received completely the wrong knife. It was not as pictured, it was a cheaper flimsy version. So i spent more money than it's worth. The knife was in damaged open packaging and the blade doesn't retract properly. It feels like it will break off if i force it too much.
Poorly packaged! It's a KNIFE and it came wrapped in a thin plastic envelope!

The seller kept asking me to send back their mistake and get a refund but by this time it was already in the bin.
I have received an email from them asking for me to edit my feedback as they have actually started processing the refund which is good. But this whole issue should have been avoided and the amazon page i bought it from should be changed my now to display what you are actually selling.

EDIT: Yes! you said you would provide a free post envelope a while after asking me to send it back. So I thought no it's not worth it and threw your rubbish product away.

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING MY EMAIL WITH YOUR SOB STORIES ABOUT EMPLOYEES AND TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. YOU GOT BAD FEEDBACK BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SEND ME WHAT I BOUGHT!!!!!!! THAT WAS YOUR ERROR, PERHAPS NOW YOU WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION TO THE PURCHASE ORDER.

ALSO you should edit that page, to prevent the situation happening again! You should not display the wrong item on there! you should post orders that aren't in damaged packaging or state they are second hand, and do not send a knife through the post in a plastic envelope! [common sense] this is why you are a bad seller. hence the feedback.

modified review This review was modified by RachelSophia on September 19 2012 09:14:19 AM