• overstockdigita

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Update #2:

So a couple of days ago, this "establishment" went to the operator of this site claiming that I was violating the TOS for this site by posting about this company a negative review. They claimed that I wasn't entitled to put a review because I never purchased anything from them. The website contacted me by email to provide proof that I was a bonifide customer by showing a receipt or something. I did have the information they requested and some additional information in which this retailer inferred that in order to cancel the order I need to change my review. He also offered me some token gifts to change it. I told him that I didn't need anything. Buyer beware should be aware of this company's practice of bait and switch. Needless to say, but my review was not removed and received an email confirming that the review stands.

Update:

I received a telephone call from a sales person regarding this already canceled purchase. However, I was willing to deal if the offer was as good as it was advertised. However, after speaking with the salesman, he asked whether I have lenses, which I do and some of my lenses are the best crystal you could buy from Canon. Then he asked me if I had a battery and charger, I said that the camera should come with that. The sale person said not at that price point. In view of that I reconfirmed that I wanted to cancel the sale and ended the conversation right there and there.

Then, later on, Kevin, a partner at overstockdigital.com called indicating that I needed to call him to cancel the order. I did call him and explained the reasons why I was canceling the order. I wasn't going to buy the body and the accessories that should be included with the body in pieces, I knew what the body comes with and it comes with a charger, battery and accessories.

We have some discussions regarding the camera and tried to offer other more expensive solutions but, since this was a camera that I wanted to keep as a spare, I didn't want to spend all the money that I was being quoted ($3000.00) so no deal. Kevin was pleasant and appeared to be willing to deal with me but, unfortunately, I just wanted the body at the price point offered with all the accessories that come with it so no deal. His price point and mine were in different planets not withstanding the fact that original advertised price was $1999.99.

I am going to increase my rating one more star since Kevin was indeed pleasant but the advertisement was misleading and that's is in Kevin's control to honor the advertised price which is $1999.99. I also requested expedited shipping for which I was going to pay almost $100.00 but, unfortunately that was not to be the case.

If he would have come and said, you know sir, I am going to honor the price and provide with the body, the accessories that come with the body of the camera, including the charger, battery etc. However that was not the case so I cannot, in good conscience say that I am satisfied since I didn't get what I was looking for at the advertised price. In that respect I am dissatisfied with the transaction. Will I do business with them again? Well, I don't know because of my experience with this particular sale. Now if he would have said you know sir you got your body for the $1999.99 with all that comes with it, I would have given him a much better review and 5 big stars!

***Original Post**********

I was trying to buy a Canon Mark iii from this "establishment" and, once I placed the order I received the dreaded very generic email notice that order is being processed. I tried to retrieve the order to have a copy of what I ordered but, it wasn't available. Nonetheless, wrote to them this morning asking about the order since I requested overnight shipping so it should have been already processed so it would arrive by tomorrow. No response, I called the customer service number, on hold for a long time had to hang up. I then had to send them an email to cancel the order since I need it the camera by Saturday, March 1, 2014. I have seen these kind of internet sellers who do things only to come back to you saying that they need to verify the order or some kind of cock and bull story as to whether what you ordered was not right for you or whatever.

"Had an issue with an order, and Harold Evans took care of it for me. 5 Stars"

"Excellent customer service. Would do business with again in a heartbeat."

"I am very happy with the customer service. They are very fast and courteous."

"Great price and helpful customer service. Thanks!"

"great prices and customer service was quick to respond, would definitely use again in the future"

"These thieves are not to be trusted! I ordered two cameras from them and they sent me the wrong ones. After many calls and lots of frustration, they refused to send me the ones I ordered. The Better Business Bureau is worthless in helping, so the only thing I can do is warn other people that these con artists will not deliver what they promise. I have been in the video production business for more than 26 years and bought lots of equipment for my company. I thought I would save a few bucks, but the adage of if it is too good to be true, it is, holds for this rotten company. I only wish I had heeded the advice of other bad reviews on Yelp and other consumer sites before I got swindled by these liars."

"Great web site easy too use , the pricing on the camera's are very good , the customer service is very helpful and a great experience. "

greet customer service and great price.

"good prices.. faster delivery time.. deals then most ..

"overstockdigital was really great to deal with from the get go.
before i made my purchase through overstockdigital i did see some mixed reviews about the company which had me a bit hesitant.

i mulled it over for about a day or two but there price was really eye popping so i figured id give them a try.

After placing my order online my card had declined because it had a daily limit on my card so i was in a bit of a bind because the funds i had saved up to by my camera was all in that one account that was linked to my debit card that had the daily limit.

Not sure what to do i had asked Logan the nice young fellow at the company what other options i could do to so he told me the following
A. use another card (i didnt have another card)

B.send in a money order (that would have taken to long because they would have to wait for it to clear)

C. do a wire transfer (item would ship out same day)

Not very familiar with the 3rd option they offered i asked Logan to further explain it to me he was kind an courteous and walked me through the wire transfer.

Now that i got the payment taken care of i was eager to see the quickness of delivery because that was one of the complaints that i was seeing.

To my surprise i received a tracking number a couple of hours after the wire transfer was complete.

The package arrived within a couple of days every thing looked in tact just the way it was supposed to be except one thing which was the card reader it looked like it was damaged so i tried it out and it wasnt working properly not such an expensive item but hey it something i payed for so id give overstockdigtal
a call and tell them the issue with the card reader.

By the time i tried to call them it was already after the business hours that they have posted so i sent them an email explaining that i got a defective card reader.

The next morning i woke up to find a tracking number in my email from overstockdigital.com so i got a little nervous because i didnt order anything else from them so i called and spoke to reggie in customer service and asked him what this tracking number was for he told me it was for a brand new card reader at no charge because of the defective one that i had received.

Now thats what i call great customer service!!!

Because of the experience i had with overstockdigital i do recommend them to anyone who wants top notch service.

"Service was great. Price very competitive. Was even offered free rush shipping.
Overall - great!!!

"Great prices and awesome customer service and will order again :"

"Great personalized over the phone service. I ordered on line, and then I received an e-mail to call and confirm. Sales person provided me with current offers and sales and helped me upgrade to a superior package."

" as a first time buyer I found good prices and helpful costomerservice I will be buying again "

Share overstockdigital.com's store rating

overstockdigital.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

overstockdigital.com is not a merchant member
overstockdigital.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!