• MacMall

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.98/10 3.98/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.13/10 2.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10

What is this?

"As advertised. Quick delivery"

"More communication regarding order status and shipping status would have been nice."

"Delivered quickly and received all items ordered. Thanks"

"Great product, fast shipping, and loving it."

"Ordered it and got it 2 days later! i am on the opposite side of the coast as well. Quick service and loving the computer."

"Efficient and effective transaction, fast delivery, and superb product. No complaint is possible. Thank you Mac Mall!"

"free delivery, arrived on schedule"

"Fast order and address verification. Thank you for confirming the physical shipping address to the name on my credit card. Everything was received quickly and you saved me money from buying direct from apple!"

"My order was shipped out soon after the order was placed, and I received it within 4-5 days. One item was backordered, but everything else was received with no problems."

"FALSE & MISLEADIG RETURN POLICY I purchased a MacBook Pro 15 and wanted to exchange it for iMac 5k, when I reached out to customer service, I was advised that there is a 15% restocking fee = $270. Prior to placing my order, I researched their return policy on the website, it stated that if I am not satisfied with my purchase I can exchange or return the product if it is not damaged and contains packing materials, manuals and accessories and if a return authorization is obtained from Macmall within 14 days. At No time, said return policy mentions that if a product is opened a 15% restocking fee will be charged for returns or exchanges. I purchased a macbook pro 15 on 04/12/15, I received it on 04/16/15 and realized that I am not satisfied and would like to exchange it for iMac 5k. On 04/18/15, I contacted them via live chat and advised that I would like to exchange the MacBook Pro 15 for an imac 5k. The representative asked for my order number and his second question was: "is the package open?" To which I replied "yes." The representative informed me that I am responsible for the shipping charges and a restocking fee of 15% will be charged to return and exchange the MacBook Pro 15 for iMac 5k. I did not dispute the shipping charge and advised that I will be purchasing a more expensive product (imac 5k) and requested for a waiver of the 15% restocking fee, this request was denied. On April 21, 2015, I placed a call to macmall and advised that I would like to exchange the macbook pro 15 for an imac 5k,operators reply was: “may I have the order number, which I provided. The second question from the operator was: “is the box open?” to which I replied: “yes.” I was immediately informed that there is a 15% restocking fee to exchange this item. I informed the operator that I want to exchange for a more expensive product and requested for a waiver of the 15% restocking fee, this request was denied. Based on the above mentioned facts, specifically that the second question from customer service in both interactions was : “is the box open?” immediately followed by informing me of the 15% restocking fee, it appears that macmall’s policy is in fact: “if the box is open, there is a 15% restocking fee.” This is not clearly stated on macmalls return policy, on their website. I made an attempt to point out to the operator the return policy and that it does not specifficaly state that if the item is open there is a 15% restocking, the return policy mentions: “At MacMall’s discretion, a restocking fee may be charged if your product is opened or is not returned in its original condition, box or is missing packing material, manuals or any accessories." I interpit the word “may” as not automatic but if certain manuals or cords are missing, then at macmalls discretion the fee will be charged. The operators reply was: " you have been told that there is a restocking fee, the last time you contacted macmall via chat. I replied: I am aware of this but I would like to discuss your return policy,” Operators reply was: “you have alredy been informed of the restocking fee, the last time you contacted macmall via chat. The operator was rude, she did not want to discuss the return policy she simply replied: “you have already been told via chat, the answer is NO.” Again, since, the only question which I was asked during the chat and over the phone with Macmall representative, immediately after they obtained the order number was: "is the package open?" that is all, which based on both interactions appears to be the sole information needed to determine that a 15% restocking fee applies, then the return policy on their website should clearly state that: "if a macbook is open there is an automatic 15% restocking fee for returns and exchanges. Macmalls return policy as stated on the website is false and misleading, a consumer is not able to make an informed decision prior to purchasing their product based on their false and misleading return policy.

modified review Rep reply posted May-12-2015

MacMall, MacMall rep has responded

“Dear Value Customer,

Per our T&C,

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return most items within 14 days of the date of shipment. We will exchange items or give you a refund for the full amount of your order. All returned items must be in their original box and include packing material, manuals and all accessories.

However, our term and condition also states - " At MacMall’s discretion, a restocking fee may be charged if your product is opened or is not returned in its original condition, box or is missing packing material, manuals or any accessories. "

The item that you want to return was already opened and that explains the reason why we need to charge a restocking fee.

Unfortunately, right now , the return policy has already expired.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

MacMall Customer Care”

"Great service again. MacMall is the best. "

"A friend at work told me about MacMall. I found the best price and it was shipped for free. Arrived in perfect condition and I'm enjoying a flawless new tool. I feel good about the whole process!"

"Just as described and shipped promptly, same price (delivered) as at Sam's Club and I didn't have to drive anywhere. Three inkjet cartridges came in 2 separate packages from different suppliers, but shipping was included so it only cost the world a tiny bit more of a plastic tree. I'll order from them again."

"Item arrived exactly on time and as described. As always excellent service and exceptional deals!"

"The price was excellent, very pleased with my experience "

Share MacMall's store rating

MacMall is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MacMall is a merchant member
MacMall participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,838 merchant members.