• Address: 828 E. Market Street
    • Contact: support@ikeyless.com
    • Phone: 877-445-3953
    • Customer Support: 877-445-3953
    • Business Hours: Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm E.S.T.

Product & services pricing Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.50/10 9.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.74/10 9.74/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.79/10 9.79/10

"I ordered a key for a Toyota Venza which ended up not working correctly because Toyota couldn't program the key. Ikeyless gave me a refund promptly and with no headaches. That is how customer service should be handled. Will use them again."

"iKeyless was very accommodating with my need to return already cut keys that had been sent to me in error. The correct keys were immediately sent out, and I am receiving full credit for the first set."

"very easy and helpful. I needed a new key and they put it in the mail right then"

"WARNING: I do NOT recommend buying keys from this company. ResellerRatings.com seems to be only place this company has good reviews for some reason. Perhaps because they are a member, I don't know. I wish I had seen all the bad reviews on Google + and SiteJabber before I ordered from this company.

I ordered 2 keys for a VW Passat 2002, one remote flipkey and one Vallet Key. The uncut keys themselves were fine but the flip key had a wrong/defect chip in it that could not be programmed. The poor locksmith spent almost an hour trying to program it before he finally had to give up. The other key was missing a chip all together which I personally witnessed as he opened it up in front of me. The keys were already cut and after all the time he already spent on it, the only feasible choice at that point was to pay an extra $70 for 2 chips he had in store in order to get the process complete.

I sent and email to support@ikeyless.com explaining the situation and asking for a refund of the $70 I had to pay due to their defective product. I got no response to the email. I then called today about a week later. They refused to refund me the money claiming there was a 30 day return policy and that I should have called them when I had the problem and returned the faulty keys. That there was a time limit imposed on me is nowhere to be found in the paperwork they sent me. Regardless, if there is an obvious problem with a product any decent company would not "hide behind" some 30 day return policy.

I it is quite unreasonable to expect, me as the customer, to have to terminate the cutting and programming process I was in the middle of, send the keys back to iKeyless, wait another week or so (or who knows), and then go back to get the the locksmith to have him do the process all over again. I still would have had to pay for the time and cutting he had to do with the original keys.

My efforts to have them refund my $70 extra expense was futile. I am therefore writing this review to warn others.

------------------
UPDATE IN RESPONSE TO STEPHANIE'S REPLY BELOW:

I DID send them an email explaining clearly what had happened with with the contact information of the shop I went to have the work done so that they could verify things with them, as well as, contact information to me. Her claim that she did not receive it I believe is BS.

It became clear from the conversation that she had no intention of rectifying the situation with the defective keys she had sent me and was simply claiming this was not their fault.

I did not "threaten" her or use the wording she claims. I simply stated if this is the way she chooses to handle the situation by completely disregarding their customers like this I felt it was my obligation to warn other customers through reviews. She put the blame on me by referring to return policies and warranties etc. none of which was included in the paperwork which was sent with the keys, instead of owning up to the fact that they clearly sent me faulty products. And the fact that BOTH keys were faulty clearly indicates that there is something seriously wrong here. What are the odds of that happening.

I was present during the whole operation that lasted more than an hour so I know that the keys were defect. It's a reputable shop with very good reviews and the poor guy was indeed very frustrated trying to program the defective chip. I also watched him open the key with the missing chip so this shop was in no way trying to rip me off. With the new chips everything worked perfectly.

It is true that she offered me "in-store credit". What the heck am I supposed to do with that??? I don't need any more keys, and I certainly would not trust anything they send me anyway at this point. I needed my $70 of extra expenses back due to their faulty products and I'd be more than happy to send them the receipt showing the expense which I stated in the email I sent them. The claim that she also offered to pay 1/2 of my expenses is just a lie.

If they send you keys that don't work, don't expect them to own up to it and refund your extra expenses. They'll try to find some reason why you, the customer is to blame. So again, I would NOT recommend doing business with this company. You have been warned.

I paid $102 for the remote key and valet key with shipping etc. I could have gotten the chip-less version (which is essentially what they sold me) of the more expensive remote key for $6.50 on Amazon. Talk about "rip-off".

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-11-2013

ikeyless, iKeyless rep has responded

“I'm sorry that the customer is unhappy with us. The customer had never contacted us after his purchase in July until yesterday. The email that he says that he sent was never received. Our website states that we have a 30 day return policy, but we were more than willing to help him. If he was going to occur extra expense, he should have contacted us beforehand to give us a chance to fix the situation. We would have expressed the keys back here and if there was a problem, fixed it right away and sent it right back to him. We have no way of knowing if the keys were even defective (we never have any problems with those keys), and if the dealership was just trying to make extra money off of him. Even though he was outside of the return policy and we had no proof anything was wrong, I offered him a $70 in store credit, or to pay for half of it ($35). He warned me that if I didn't do exactly what he wanted that he would "blast us" online. We pride ourselves on customer service, but we will not succumb to threats. If anyone would like to discuss this review further, please email me directly at stephanied@ikeyless.com

Thanks,
Stephanie Davis
Customer Service Manager”

"BEWARE!!! Lying, deceitful cheats. Salesman told me I was getting a NEW IN THE BAG genuine OEM RKE remote......what I got...(almost three weeks later) was a used scratched up remote. I would not recommend these people to a dead fish. BEWARE!!! Added 10/16/13 This lady can not even tell the truth in her rebuttles..the salesman did indeed tell me we were getting a NEW remote, and even went into detail about how to program it through it's sealed bag. Their time spent apologizing and disputing their customers on here should speak for itself. BEWARE1"

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-16-2013

“Hello,

I'm sorry that the customer is so unhappy with our product. I listened to the call and our representative never said that the item would be new. As listed, we do sell a combination of new and refurbished items, so the customer must have received a refurbished one. We are in no way trying to deceit anyone. We have a 30 day money back guarantee. Customer never contacted us after he received the product, so he didn't give us a chance to make it right. If customer or anyone else has any questions or would like to discuss this review further, please contact me directly at stephanied@ikeyless.com. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Stephanie
iKeyless Customer Service Manager”

"On September 26, 2013 I PURCHASED A KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE FOR MY 2003 Subaru FORESTER......order #496055.(I was afraid it was too old and out of stock)...I received the item in 3 days instead of the week promised....A customer service Rep named Jamie was able to assist me quickly over the phone and resolved my problem by e-mail.....It seems your shipping people sent the wrong instructions and she immediately realized the problem (also the picture on the page did NOT look like my remote)...Having worked in shipping and receiving I can only imagine the problems you must have You are certainly lucky to have someone as knowledgeable and pleasant as Jamie on your staff.....In fact because of your great service I plan on purchasing another remote as a back up and one for my girlfriend (who is always loosing her key)
My local locksmith wanted 3 times what ikeyless charged and he told me it was "USED".....God help me I am so glad I found you people......Keep up the good work and I will sing your praises to my friends and neighbors......thanks again for your GREAT customer service.....That is the KEY to any business.....Sincerely./........David Prawlucki

"I ordered three chip keys and two remotes for my 2006 Nissan Xterra on 9/1. I was never notified that the keyless remotes were out of stock until I inquired about the lack of delivery a week and a half later and was told the products were on back-order.

Finally, when the remotes arrived three weeks after they were ordered, they were used and in bad shape...one had very sticky keys. There was no mention of these being used products when I placed the order. I immediately requested a refund and sent the remotes back.

I received an email noting the refund amount, but it was not what I paid for the remotes. I inquired as to the reason it was less and got no reply from iKelyess.

The communication was horrible and the product description was not accurate. I got penalized for returning a product that was not as advertised and nobody has replied to explain why my refund is not what I paid.

Would not recommend anyone deal with this merchant.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-08-2013

ikeyless, iKeyless rep has responded

“Tried to contact customer to resolve but was unsuccessful. I'm sorry that the customer was unhappy with the purchase. While we do have a combination of new and refurbished items, he should have never received a dirty or "sticky" remote. He returned the remotes and was issued a full refund of $80.91. The first remote was $44.95, and the second one was 20% off, which makes it $35.96. This equals his refund amount of $80.91. If anyone would like to discuss this, please call at 877-445-3953 or you can email me directly at stephanied@ikeyless.com.

Thanks,
iKeyless Customer Service”

"iKeyless is great! After ordering a replacement key for one I had lost, I found my original key. I called my iKeyless rep and left a message and she returned my call first thing Monday morning with an RMA - no problem! The dealerships tried to tell me I had to pay their exhorbitant prices because the online key companies were not legitimate and if the key didn't work you wouldn't be able to return it, etc. Well, iKeyless was first class! I would recommend them to anyone!"

"This transaction with iKeyless was a very easy company to deal with. Their customer service dept. is super. We had no problems at all and would recomend this company. "

"The website is easy to use and find just the key you need. I ordered without any problems and my key was sent and received quickly. I found my lost key so returning the key I ordered. Calling and getting information on returning key was also very easy. "

"iKeyless has a great selection of keys, fast service and very helpful service. I would purchase from them again."

"I was extremely pleased both with the ease of using the iKeyless website, found exactly what I needed and it arrived promptly. Meanwhile, I found the lost set of keys so returned the package. I was handled most graciouisly by the people I spoke with at the site and have already recommended the site to many of my friends. Thank you for a great experience. suedarm@aol.com"

"Warning: They are selling used key fobs. The one I received had dingy yellow buttons and was all scratched up. In hindsight, buried in their disclosures, it says some remotes may be used... (by the way the nasty used one they sent me was the same price). They also claim to send programming instructions with the remote. The instructions they provided me read: "Take the key fob to a dealer or locksmith to have it programmed". By the time I do that, I would have been cheaper to just buy a new remote at a dealer! I feel deceived and ripped off. I will have to eat the shipping fees coming and going in order to return this nasty useless remote."

"I recently lost my keys to my Camaro and when I called my local dealership learned to replace keys and transmitter would cost somewhere between $150-175. A little pricey. I found a local Ace Hardware store for the keys and the key man told me to check online. That led me to iKeyless.com. While I was a little disappointed to be sent the incorrect programming directions, Jamie K. corrected the situation immediately and I was able to program the two fobs in a matter of minutes. Both transmitters cost about the same as one from the dealer. I can totally recommend this company to anyone who needs a new transmitter."

"From placing my order to programing my remote the whole experience was simple and easy. I really thought I won't be able to program it, but the instructions were precise and simple. Thank you making the whole thing pleasurable."

iKeyless is a Merchant Member! Learn more

iKeyless is a merchant member
iKeyless participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.