iHerb.com Reviews - page 4 - iherb.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 2.83/10 168 reviews

iHerb.com is not a merchant member
iHerb.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I should have read these poor reviews before I chose to trust this company, they sent us moldy products, would not respond to our emails and then refused refund. They even suggested I contact the manufacturer. Utterly ridiculous!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!! "

"Terrible Lazy Loser Company with Horrible customer service. I recently needed some items and searched the internet for them. I decided to order from this company, not knowing that I had ordered from them three years ago through Amazon. I only realized it when my order tracking number revealed that my order was shipped to an old address 500 miles away. After 3 days of not responding to my emails I contacted them and they said I was out of luck that they delivered to the address I provided. Their products may be good and their prices may be low but their automation blows chunks and their customer service skills are non-existent. I didn't remember the name from the first order 3 years ago but I will remember it now as the assholes the sell herbal remedies and that I will not do business with again."

"These guys are fucking choir boys! I ordered 3 months ago in Portugal and my order never came and they won't refund me. It was by international airmail. Customer service said they can't help. But they told me if I had ordered many times before they would refund me."

"Company has NO customer service and does not return calls or emails. Stay away!"

Rating 6/103/5

"I've called multiple times and been put on hold for a VERY very long time. They finally took care of my problem but it took a lot of phone calls and hanging up after waiting because I was put on hold for so long. They are really just an on-line company not an over the phone one. "

modified review This review was modified by BirdK on May 13 2012 12:38:42 AM

"I Live in the UK and buy most of my supplements from iherb.com because they work out to be much cheaper than getting them from the UK and they have products what are not available here. I have made over 8 separate orders from Iherb.com and not once have I had a problem receiving the items i've purchased. Their products are great, in date and are cheap. I always make sure My purchase works out to be under £15 sterling to avoid vat charges at customs. I usually get my order within 7 days and the best thing about there website is that you can also choose a "free gift" with your order, these range from books to supplements samples. I highly recommend Iherb I don't know why people are reporting a negative experience but I don't think this is dew to Iherbs fault, but rather the person ordering is not checking if the product is allowed in there country, or they are not picking the best shipping method etc... I always use international airmail and my order comes quickly."

Rating 8/104/5

"Overall I like ordering from iherb they offer good prices on natural products, cheap and fast shipping. But sometimes they send opened or damaged products. But if you contact their customer service they either send you a new product or refund your money right away."

"I am from Estonia. It's in Europe. Ordered on iherb.com four months ago. My package is still missing. I called to Estonian customs. They told that no package received for my name. I wrote to Iherbs support two times about that issue, but they didn't answer to me. I wasted 40 euros. Dont't want to call to America to waste more money."

"One of the best companies I have ever bought! The logistics of delivery is fabulous! IHerb has many products from different brands. What I call the iHerb are the reviews of customers, it is very important to me because we always know whether we can trust these products! I recommend iHerb for all customers!

Mango45's Avatar
Alberta, Canada

"For any Canadians that want to shop at iHerb, there are two shipping methods you can use: DHL and International Airmail. DHL is very fast (2-3 business days) but you have to pay tax plus a $10 brokerage fee.

If you want to avoid the $10 brokerage fee and tax and you live near a CBSA office, contact DHL the moment you can track the package online and tell them you want to "self clear" the package and that they should send you the manifest as soon as they have it. What is supposed to happen is that you take the manifest to your local CBSA office, pay your tax, get your papers, provide them to DHL, and the package will be delivered to you, sans $10 fee. What actually happens a lot of the time is the package gets cleared anyway, and gets delivered to you, with no fees, and no work on your part.

International Airmail is a great option for lightweight shipments. It's not trackable, but in my experience is reliable. It took six business days from the day it shipped, to arrive to me in Canada. I have never had to pay anything upon arrival.

-- original review --

Now I know why iHerb only has a mediocre rating on this site.

iHerb has a referral program. If someone else uses your code when they sign up, you'll get commissions on what they order. However, ResellerRatings wants reviews to be genuine. So, anyone who gets a commission for a review they post here gets their review removed. Sorry about that guys. I had a temporary lapse of TOS.

As for me, I had a great experience. I placed an order on a Monday, received an email on Tuesday that it had cleared customs, saw the DHL driver drive by my house without stopping on Wednesday, and had the order in my hands in rural Canada on Thursday. Expiry dates were 2013 on one item and 2017 on the other; i.e. about two and five years from the date I placed the order. Even after shipping and brokerage, I saved about $10 on one product, and as a bonus, I didn't have to drive an hour to the city to get it. The other product I ordered isn't available in Canada at all.

For anyone else that shops at iHerb, a company providing service as excellent as this deserves a better rating here. Please consider posting a review, without your referral code.

modified review This review was modified by Mango45 on March 24 2013 01:42:22 PM

"WARNING TO CANADIANS BUYING FROM IHERBS

I WAS NOT AWARE THAT THE PRODUCT I BOUGHT IS PROHIBITED IN CANADA AND HAS BEEN SEIZED AT THE CANADIAN CUSTOMS AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED SO I AM OUT THE MONEY.

I BOUGHT MORE THEN ONE AND NOW OUT THE MONEY I PAID OF OVER 120.00.

I SPOKE WITH A REPRESENTATIVE AND SAID THEY HAVE A DISCLAIMER TO CANADIAN CUSTOMERS, I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THIS DISCLAIMER ON THERE SITE.

THE PERSON I TALKED TO WAS ROBERT HE WAS NOT HELPFUL, HE KEPT SAYING WE HAVE A DISCLAIMER TO CANADIANS.

I WAS TOLD BY CUSTOMS THAT IHERBS DOES THIS ALOT TO CANADIANS AND THE PRODUCT IS SEIZED AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.

Robert the supervisor told me they ship the 7 keto to canada with a precription. After talking to Customs they said that Robert is lying
that this product is a controlled substance and not even a precription can get it through the Customs. I was also told by
Customs that this is not the first time I HERB has done this too Canadians who buy through them.

IHERBS DOES NOT CARE WHO THEY SELL TO AS LONG AS THEY GET YOUR CREDIT CARD AND THEY ARE VERY AWARE OF
PRODUCTS OF BEING BAND IN OTHER COUNTRIES BUT THEY STILL SEND THEM OUT AS LONG AS THEY GET THERE MONEY.

THIS IS FRAUD

I AM DISAPPOINTED THAT IHERB DOES NOT HAVE A SYSTEM SET UP STOPPING PURCHASES THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER FROM CANADA

Rating 4/102/5

"I expected a little more. It was a huge disappointment for me. I was excited to get my parcel so soon and I did. I didn't have any problems with DHL or shipping. But when I opened my parcel, I found out that one of the products I ordered, was missing. And I did find something else in the parcel I didn't order . So I think iherb sent me a shampoo in compensation for something I ordered, but wasn't really there? So if I order something that's not in stock( but the website says it is) do I get shampoo everytime?"

"After my first order they have asked for some authorization code from a card-producing organization.. So I called the Iherb and the call operator has asked for scanned card. I had to tell him that it may lead to robbery, but he continued to his way. So, just cancelled this one and made a new order - AND THEY DIDN'T ask for anything this time. After they finally submitted the tracking number it became obvious that tracking number is for 2 SHIPMENTS!!!
As a result a product that was supposed to arrive on Wednesday will arrive next Monday (+5 days difference) and has costed me lots of time, extra-money(call charges), and dissatisfaction just because of horrible SERVICE OF THE IHERB EMPLOYERS - WHO ACTUALLY WAS DIRECTLY TRYING TO GET A SCANNED VERSION OF MY CARD?????!!!

"I bet they don't ship out some parcels at all. Nobody can check have they ship out or not? Cause our parcels are not trackable.
I have a question: Is it legal that they don't refund money?
Who has control over them? Or they just steal our money with impunity

"I Love IHerb. They have the best Customer Svc. They ship out your order the same day if you place your order by 3pm PT. When I am back living in my home in CA I get the package the next day. Just standard shipping. While I'm back here in CT caring for my Mom I get the package 3, or 4 days the latest. Again just standard shipping. They have spoiled me with their great srv. I ordered products from a company in NY thinking I might get it super fast. No, here it is 2 wks later & I still don't have that package. So all my shopping will be done @ IHerb. Great prices too. Only thing I hope they will concern is taking Paypal for payment."