Stores > iHerb.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.74/10 7.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.94/10 7.94/10

2015-08-10

"I ordered a large box of organic olives and found out (on my own) it was lost in transit. iHerb didn't inform me, but after two phone calls, i was able to get my order successfully delivered.

The one star comes when my box arrived. The glass olive jars were wrapped in bubble wrap, but just thrown in the box with nothing to secure them in transit. The entire box was leaking olive juice everywhere and all of the jars were open or broken. I sent pictures to iHerb and then threw out the mess. A few days later, they said they could not refund me unless I sent yet MORE photos to prove that each box was broken. Who would keep damaged, leaking, open food for two or more days later? No one ever acknowledged that their packing job caused this messy delivery. This is not a good company!

This review was modified by Nmb15 on August 10 2015 02:25:24 PM

2015-08-08

"cancelled items on my order without giving me the opportunity to choose an alternative. I did not realise iHerbs terrible reputation when dealing with international orders. My item is due in three days time, here's hoping I actually receive it. I also had to pay an additional £15 on my order when it was still showing as in an LA Aiport. I thought the fees came after it arrived in the UK.

The cancelled item was heavy, I'd already paid shipping costs that were based on the order weight. but iHerb didn't care about that. When I expressed this in a kind and professional manner and asked if the fees to my card would be adjusted and requested that if I ordered an alternative brand of the same item I'd get the shipping fees waived, iHerb customer service responded but didn't address most of my query.

I asked again why the pending payment on my account was for £41 and not £37 and it took 3 emails before I received an answer that addressed this simple question. By this time I'd gotten quite frustrated and stated if the agent couldn't help me could he escalate to another member of staff. His response finally addressed and answered my question, however, he also responded with this;

"Thank you so much for the kind words. It really does brighten our day when a customer takes the time out of their day to contact us." - my words were far from kind.

I deal with high level customer complaints all day and I would never respond to a customers dissatisfaction by thanking them for their kind words. I'm British so maybe I took the response as sarcasm because that's really some classic "Brit Humour", but I think people from most cultures would take the response as extremely facetious.

Have requested for another member of staff to address why their customer service is so terrible and formally apologise for wasting my time.

I'd like to add that a lot of the positive reviews seem to have been done by iHerb staff.

2015-07-26

"Scammer! I'm tired of companies like Iherb.com writing fake reviews all positive. My friend in China said they are even worse for fake reviews on Baidu forum and saying 95% off - why doesn't someone bust them for false advertising? Everything I read was different than my experience. Long wait time and I will not buy again. Tired of companies lying about service and then no way to contact them when they don't deliver. Shame on you iHerb.com !"

2015-07-08

"FYI -

The folks posting so called "coupon codes" here in the reviews are spamming every review and code website. They keep creating new user IDs with the same old spam.

The "codes" they are posting are personal rewards codes issued by iHerb when an account is created. These people get shopping credits when you use their codes to make a purchase. You are funding their orders, without knowing it. And, they can only be used for a first-time purchase.

iHerb issues actual discount codes from the company, which do not fund individual spammers. These are: IHB500 and BUY123

The alo--5 person (and the others posting their codes) has been relentlessly spamming a very popular codes site for years and has probably been able to place a lot of free orders due to people naively using this person's personal rewards code. There are others doing this as well. They may all be one person using multiple email addresses to create different personal rewards codes.

This review was modified by Bob81isAFraud on July 11 2015 09:22:46 AM

2015-07-06

"Order "was" shipped on 22nd of April, it's July 6th and my package is still not here. I'm an international customer. Customer Service is terrible, they don't give any information apart from "it has left our warehouse". NEVER EVER buying from them again, lost my 25 bucks for nothing. SHAME SHAME SHAME. "

This review was modified by baniuke1 on July 06 2015 07:51:57 AM

2015-06-12

"Additional fees accumulated to double the original product price alone and I'm forced to pay it because they won't refund me. Worst online shopping experience ever"

This review was modified by quinnfortier on June 12 2015 03:29:21 PM

2015-06-11

"Love the healthy selection available on iHerb. Many items we can't get in Japan, some we're not allowed to bring into the country, but I'm still able to make a large saving on ordering through them. Very happy. Moving to Australia next January and the first thing I'll be checking on is if I can still use iHerb."

2015-06-11

"I PLACED AN ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY BACK IN NOVEMBER 2014, I HAVE NO RECEIVED THE PRODUCT UP TO NOW 11/JUNE/2015. AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY REFUSING TO REFUND OR ACKNOWLEDGE ITEM HAS NOT ARRIVED. STAY CLEAR FROM THIS COMPANY AS THE TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT SUPPLY YOUR ORDER. IM NOW CONTACTING MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO SEEK LEGAL ADVICE."

2015-05-16

"Been ordering from them for 3 years and never had a problem."

2015-05-11

"iHerb= 40% Additional costs at customs
The price was $59.36 for several vitamins (D and calcium). Just before delivering the package DNL notified by text that I have to pay $25 in addition for tax and duties (40% extra ...)
Iherb told me that, if I refuse the package, they will refund 80% of price minus the shipping. Either I lose $20 and I have not received the package or I pay 40% extra to receive the package... A beautiful scam.

They defend themselves by saying that they specified that "taxes may apply" but they are carfull not to say thta it is be a 40% increase.

I order a lot of things from the US, I have never had this problem (but I always buy via ebay and not with DHL).

So buying by Ebay, voiding DHL seems to be the only way to avoid being ripped off

This review was modified by logizk on May 11 2015 03:23:56 AM

2015-05-09

"I have bought several items from iHerb over the past year, and was about to choose them as my regular supplier of certain high quality, uncommon (in Canada) supplements. All of my shipments were delivered by Canada Post quickly, without any additional taxes or fees.(although their site indicated it would be by DHL, an unreliable choice for my area of Ontario)
However, for my most recent order, after paying over $170 for a few supplements and expecting them to be delivered in the same fashion, I received an email from a"broker" in Canada demanding I complete some forms and billing me for extra taxes and "brokerage fees". I refused, told him to either deliver the goods at no further cost, or return them to iHerb. I notified iHerb, complaining about what had happened, and informing them that the goods were being returned.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE the rude reply I received fro iHerb's so-called "Customer Service", worded like some sort of insurance small print, and told them so. I am still waiting for a reasonable settlement, although there is no sign that will happen. I recommend that anyone from Canada go somewhere else, for the same products, and much better service, from a company that appreciates its customers, and inytednds to stay in business.

This review was modified by arjatim12 on May 09 2015 11:46:44 AM

2015-04-30

"First off, let me state that I am not affiliated with iHerb.com in any way.

I ordered some baking supplies from iHerb.com to be sent to Japan. My main reason was that the items I ordered are rarely available here and quite a bit more expensive even when they are.

I see there are quite a few negative reviews about iHerb when it comes to international orders, but my experience was perfect.

- Shipping to Japan was through Sagawa Mail (one of Japan's most reliable shipping companies) at a very inexpensive rate.

- A tracking number for the shipment was provided.

- The package arrived in five days in perfect condition.

This may not be a typical experience for other countries, but iHerb shipments to Japan should be just fine as long as you aren't ordering more than one month's supply of pharmaceuticals.

2015-04-29

"DO NOT USE IF YOU REALLY NEED TO GET YOUR HERBS OR VITAMINS. I ordered herbs that I severely need for chronic health issues, and I even selected one day delivery (again, these are herbs I need for health issues). I got an email hours later saying that my order had been cancelled. Apparently there was a promotion code (which I did not enter), which had already been used. Somehow the promotion code must've been automatically populated on the order because I did not enter it. When I clicked complete purchase, the order seemed to be going through, and they even took the money off of my card. Not only am I not going to have the herbs I ordered, but I have to wait for days to have my money refunded. Ridiculous. I will never use them again. The worse part is that I really needed the herbs for severe health issues."

This review was modified by LynnP. on April 29 2015 03:32:43 PM

2015-04-15

"I don't write a lot of reviews but felt compelled to do so after ordering from iHerb.

I almost didn't order because of the negative reviews. I'm glad I took a moment to read them and realized all the negative reviews were from international customers, not domestic. In fact, almost every domestic review was positive.

My experience....
Great selection of products!
Incredible prices!
I really like the fact they put the expiration date of the product you will receive on their site. I can't tell you how many time I've received orders from other sites and the product is expired or really close; this is a HUGE plus!
The expiration dates posted on the site matched what I got!
I ordered late a night, or early morning, depending on how you look at it. My product shipped the same day!
My products arrived on the day quoted! That's the day quoted before I had to pay...really like this!

I will be coming back to IHerb!

Also, changed my mind on a product I ordered and cancelled the entire order and just reordered. It just took a couple of clicks, no hassel!

I highly recommend this site!

2015-04-09

"I have read nothing but horrible reviews with a few scattered great ones. I will say hands down this is a great company to order from! I got free 2 day air shipping for only purchasing $20 worth of product. That's a steal in comparison to what any other online site I know! All my product's arrived in the same box, none damaged and just as they were described on their website. I would recommend this site to any one. I will say though if you live outside of the US and are buying products internationally maybe that's why you are having issues? Just an idea? I know that I got great, fast, reliable shipping with my order and it was my first time ordering from iHerb.com "

This review was modified by Kaydeh23 on April 09 2015 04:26:57 PM

Share iHerb.com's store rating

iHerb.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

iHerb.com is not a merchant member
iHerb.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!