• Address: 5012 4th Street Irwindale, CA
    • Business Hours: Internet 24/7/365

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"Really Bad customer Service. No phone calling accepted even if they have phone number. Bad respond not cooperative and they are not clear enough that cause you loosing a lot of money."

"Great prices and service. They do consistently pack certain items poorly (soymilk is often leaking by the time it arrives) but they always promptly replace it. We've asked them to change the way they pack the soymilk and they have listened! Great store."

"Almost 8 weeks passed since my order and I still haven't received anything. Their customer support refuses to be helpful. Parcels from iHerb are being lost ALL OVER Europe. Someone must be stealing them in the warehouse or something, because it's unbelievable – just check iHerb facebook page and read customer comments.

Also, the company doesn’t inform you during the ordering process that it is not going to refund the money if the package has been lost.

I'll never do business with them again.

"Their "Rewards Program" is a scam, even worse than MLM!!!
My boyfriend, who is a first time customer, wanted to order products for me. I passed him my referral code to use. Since the products are for me, he filled in my information for the recipient and shipping address, but he is the one paying, with the billing address and credit card information as his own.
However, we were later informed that 'one household can only have one referral code', and hence they cancelled our order and his account. On their website it blatantly says that the referral code can be passed on to friends and family! Besides, the billing address is different, and the products are for me, so obviously the shipping address would be mine!
Emailed them numerous times, but they had an inflexible and arrogant attitude towards this issue.
Used to buy all my organic stuffs from there, but never again. Found some other website that, even with twice the shipping price, still totals up to be cheaper than iHerb scammers.
NEVER buy from here!!! And the refund was still not back for the cancelled orders, still worried if they are going to return it, about 50bucks, and has been more than a week!!!
Worst customer service EVER, their replies were the same time and again, no matter how I explained. Seems that they don't care or listen at all.
NEVER going to buy from here again.

"FWIW, I live in the U.S. I was really pleased with iHerb. I was ordering a probiotic that's supposed to be kept refrigerated. Every previous place I've ordered from shipped in a regular padded envelope sent USPS, so I'd typically stock up during cool weather to minimize exposure to warmth while in transit. Ordering the same probiotics from iHerb ended up being literally only a couple of dollars more in total (about 2-3% more expensive), but that included overnight shipping in an insulated container with ice packs (that were still 90% frozen on arrival). I certainly plan on using them again when my latest supply runs low - this was basically perfect."

"Be aware that customs duty is charged if you are ordering from UK and this is not included in the price.

Having ordered from the UK, had to shell out extra £10 on customs duty when DHL delivered. Overall the product would have been cheaper on other websites based in the UK. When I inquired about it with Customer services, they haven't even replied so far!

"iHerb just get them self a loyal customer :) Fast shipping, reasonable shipping cost, great choice of items."

"Customer service is not good!

[Just for comparison: shopped with iherb for a few years, shopped with soap.com just twice.
As a new customer, I had a few issues with soap.com (half you can say was my fault) and they jumped right in, no blame and offered an above an beyond service from the very beginning.]

With iherb, however, after being a loyal customer for years and many packages later. I encountered one issue that they say is my fault and they won't budge to make my upsetting experience any better. I really expected better solution to my last order. So this is what happened. I decided to shop more than usual (knowing that they have a free shipping option after $20, I thought for sure I will qualify and more!), I loaded my cart, I worked hard to earn rewards to apply to my order as well. I told family and friends about my previous happy shopping at iherb. Somehow I expected to be rewarded more than punished for ordering more than usual this time. Well, somehow, I understand now that this could have been my fault for clicking on the wrong shipping option (it really is still surprising to me that I did not click on the first option which is free! just odd, I don't know how that happened). Anyhow, same day I realize that I was charged a hefty shipping charge! I immediately contact them. Their response after going back and forth, in summary, was: well it's too late to fix anything as we shipped the package already and went on in a condescending tone about how I got a good deal and pretty much I should feel guilty to ask for anything more since they had a sale and I took advantage of it! Seriously unprofessional! I felt like I had to argue with a teenager with issues.

On top of that their prices have been going up. I started shopping with them when they were just starting out and had really good prices. Now they are about the same as local stores - which have more expenses mind you! - and often times prices at iherb are higher than those of local stores! I could not believe some products being close to twice the cost of local store on a regular sale! And here they are trying to send me on a guilt trip because I found a decent price on their site. Shame, internet companies can afford to offer bigger discounts and instead they keep raising them. I was contemplating whether it's worth shopping with them and after the recent experience....

"I have made 108 orders on iHerb. Average price per order around $50. I cringe when I think about how much I've spent on this website.. However, of all the orders, 100% have come through to Finland. Zero (= 0) Airmail orders have gotten stuck in customs, zero have been lost. Several times I've had to wait for quite some time, maybe a month+. But I can't be bothered to complain.

Then I read reviews here. Which makes me wonder -- .. Either there's something wrong with the postal service in these other countries, the few cases problems do occur people complain but never praise when things go right, or these are written by competitors.

Just check youtube with authentic people doing the reviews. Most are positive. At the moment of writing they offer free world wide shipping again for reasonable sized orders, so full thumbs up!

"Be careful!! You might change your address, place your order, and then find it has shipped to your old address! And when you contact "Customer Service" be prepared to have then tell you to go pick it up at your old address or wait until it returns and then get a credit minus -20% "restocking-fee". Don't expect them to be anything but disdainful and unhelpful, and "Sorry you feel that way" smarmy. Sure, you might save a buck, but Heaven Help you if you even run into a snag and need a real human to speak to!!"

"Yeah I felt a little nervous...I hope everything's gonna be not too bad!
Updating...
I received my parcel! Everything's great (packaging, quality of items, shipping delivery...)
Perhaps I'll shop on iHerb again (I forgot jojoba oil)!

modified review This review was modified by coastalwind on October 04 2012 09:52:54 PM

"Wow! I received my order in 5 days sent to New Zealand. That's very impressive. I'm a very happy customer, good product, great price, excellent delivery."

"Living in Tokyo, Japan I've been a regular customer of iHerb for several years as they readily ship overseas. I hit a snafu with a recent order and think there's a problem with their website. First, I tried to 'remove' an unwanted item before I placed the order--and although it was x'd off, it still showed up in the final placed order. I then saw there was an option to 'modify' my order after placing it. So I removed the item again and re-ordered. But iHerb sent DUAL shipments rather than re-configuring the first order. I didn't catch this as the order #s were identical (with identical items) and I naturally assumed this was ONE shipment. Since this was clearly a problem with the website and not my oversight, I believed iHerb should pay for the return shipping OR at least give me credit that I can use towards a next purchase. However, none of their 'customer service' people seems sympathetic and said they could not cancel orders after they were shipped."

"This is the worst online experience for me! I ordered real techniques brushes paid via credit card. Its almost a moth and still I wasn't able to receive my package!
Customer service sucks bigtime! They are not trained and answers are not the same when I follow up my order.

They said that usmail is trusted shipping internationally yet they seem they dont have a clue where the hell is my package.

The worst thing is that their cs emailed me and said they havebt received my package yet so they cabt refund my paymet!

They made me wait for nothing now they wont refund my money because they still havent receive my package!

Totally unfair and unprofessional service!

People dont order on this site!!!

"one of the worst websites ever, very bad customer service like REALLY BAD, they have this stupid verification code that you have to give them after you place an order " you get that code from your Bank ", and when i talked to the customer service on the live chat i asked her ( can you cancel my order or i have to wait till my bank open after 2 days and get you the code ? ) and she just cancelled my order after that question,

iHerb.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

iHerb.com is not a merchant member
iHerb.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!