Stores > iHerb.com

Customer service: Rating 7.22/10 7.22/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2015-05-11

"iHerb= 40% Additional costs at customs
The price was $59.36 for several vitamins (D and calcium). Just before delivering the package DNL notified by text that I have to pay $25 in addition for tax and duties (40% extra ...)
Iherb told me that, if I refuse the package, they will refund 80% of price minus the shipping. Either I lose $20 and I have not received the package or I pay 40% extra to receive the package... A beautiful scam.

They defend themselves by saying that they specified that "taxes may apply" but they are carfull not to say thta it is be a 40% increase.

I order a lot of things from the US, I have never had this problem (but I always buy via ebay and not with DHL).

So buying by Ebay, voiding DHL seems to be the only way to avoid being ripped off

This review was modified by logizk on May 11 2015 03:23:56 AM

2015-05-09

"I have bought several items from iHerb over the past year, and was about to choose them as my regular supplier of certain high quality, uncommon (in Canada) supplements. All of my shipments were delivered by Canada Post quickly, without any additional taxes or fees.(although their site indicated it would be by DHL, an unreliable choice for my area of Ontario)
However, for my most recent order, after paying over $170 for a few supplements and expecting them to be delivered in the same fashion, I received an email from a"broker" in Canada demanding I complete some forms and billing me for extra taxes and "brokerage fees". I refused, told him to either deliver the goods at no further cost, or return them to iHerb. I notified iHerb, complaining about what had happened, and informing them that the goods were being returned.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE the rude reply I received fro iHerb's so-called "Customer Service", worded like some sort of insurance small print, and told them so. I am still waiting for a reasonable settlement, although there is no sign that will happen. I recommend that anyone from Canada go somewhere else, for the same products, and much better service, from a company that appreciates its customers, and inytednds to stay in business.

This review was modified by arjatim12 on May 09 2015 11:46:44 AM

2015-04-30

"First off, let me state that I am not affiliated with iHerb.com in any way.

I ordered some baking supplies from iHerb.com to be sent to Japan. My main reason was that the items I ordered are rarely available here and quite a bit more expensive even when they are.

I see there are quite a few negative reviews about iHerb when it comes to international orders, but my experience was perfect.

- Shipping to Japan was through Sagawa Mail (one of Japan's most reliable shipping companies) at a very inexpensive rate.

- A tracking number for the shipment was provided.

- The package arrived in five days in perfect condition.

This may not be a typical experience for other countries, but iHerb shipments to Japan should be just fine as long as you aren't ordering more than one month's supply of pharmaceuticals.

2015-04-29

"DO NOT USE IF YOU REALLY NEED TO GET YOUR HERBS OR VITAMINS. I ordered herbs that I severely need for chronic health issues, and I even selected one day delivery (again, these are herbs I need for health issues). I got an email hours later saying that my order had been cancelled. Apparently there was a promotion code (which I did not enter), which had already been used. Somehow the promotion code must've been automatically populated on the order because I did not enter it. When I clicked complete purchase, the order seemed to be going through, and they even took the money off of my card. Not only am I not going to have the herbs I ordered, but I have to wait for days to have my money refunded. Ridiculous. I will never use them again. The worse part is that I really needed the herbs for severe health issues."

This review was modified by LynnP. on April 29 2015 03:32:43 PM

2015-04-15

"I don't write a lot of reviews but felt compelled to do so after ordering from iHerb.

I almost didn't order because of the negative reviews. I'm glad I took a moment to read them and realized all the negative reviews were from international customers, not domestic. In fact, almost every domestic review was positive.

My experience....
Great selection of products!
Incredible prices!
I really like the fact they put the expiration date of the product you will receive on their site. I can't tell you how many time I've received orders from other sites and the product is expired or really close; this is a HUGE plus!
The expiration dates posted on the site matched what I got!
I ordered late a night, or early morning, depending on how you look at it. My product shipped the same day!
My products arrived on the day quoted! That's the day quoted before I had to pay...really like this!

I will be coming back to IHerb!

Also, changed my mind on a product I ordered and cancelled the entire order and just reordered. It just took a couple of clicks, no hassel!

I highly recommend this site!

2015-04-09

"I have read nothing but horrible reviews with a few scattered great ones. I will say hands down this is a great company to order from! I got free 2 day air shipping for only purchasing $20 worth of product. That's a steal in comparison to what any other online site I know! All my product's arrived in the same box, none damaged and just as they were described on their website. I would recommend this site to any one. I will say though if you live outside of the US and are buying products internationally maybe that's why you are having issues? Just an idea? I know that I got great, fast, reliable shipping with my order and it was my first time ordering from iHerb.com "

This review was modified by Kaydeh23 on April 09 2015 04:26:57 PM

2015-04-06

"DONT ORDER FROM THEM....I placed my order on canadian site, i recieved paper with additional charges like processing fee 10$ , hst 7$, cod fee 5$ .. when you are ordering they dont tell you or warn you about additional cost.. NEVER AGAIN.. "

This review was modified by kennn on April 06 2015 07:13:55 PM

2015-03-30

"I have ordered from Iherb to Canada. You will be surprise that DHL will ask you to pay $28 for the shipping as you already paid for it when you place an order. I tried to contact the IHerb but no luck they are not responding to the emails that I have sent. I can say the product that I have ordered worked really well for me but I will no longer this product through IHerb because you will pay twice for the shipping!!!!!! I can get the same product through amazon and it is really free shipping with no surprises and a great customer service. IHerb sucks!!!!!!1"

This review was modified by amazing_mom on March 30 2015 04:11:46 PM

2015-03-29

"I place an order with iHerb.com every 4-6 weeks, and have done so for a couple of years. I really like this company. Their prices are excellent, delivery is fast + free and liquids and scented products like incense are always packaged in a sealed bag, which I appreciate. "

2015-03-28

"Because Iherb has really terrible reviews I was scared to order at first, however one of my friends living in Singapore let me know she orders there all the time and has had no problems.. so I decided to make a smaller order than first intended to see how it would go.
I ordered express on 22th of march(Sunday), I was expecting it to be shipped the next day as thats what they told me on the chat that the order would be picked up in the afternoon on Monday.
It was not shipped the day they told me, which I find strange as express is always shipped the same day or day after.
I decided to contact them again and the guy made notes that it is quite urgent. I recieved it just in time, 5 a clock in the afternoon in Singapore. Had it arrived one hour later I would have left for the airport already.
I am curious if I did not contact them again to let them know I will only be 2 days in Singapore, if the packaged wouldn't have arrived in time? Of course I don't know how many staff they have or how many express orders they recieve, but considering that iherb works 24/7 I was expecting it to go faster than it actually did.
Any way besides this I did not have any problems with them and recieved my package just in time.
The only reason I chose DHL was because they offered half price off express shipping, however I would have never picked it otherwise as DHL is an extremely unprofessional delivery service.
I wonder if a few of the reviews here are meant for the shipping company rather than iherb itself because I have had so many problems with DHL in the past which is of course not the fault of the online store you ordered from.

This review was modified by Emilief on March 28 2015 11:08:24 PM

2015-03-27

"I recently started shopping with iHerb and i have absolutely zero complains. Like their prices compared to other retailers, such as amazon, are way more affordable and shipping isn't expensive crazy. Which is great for me since i am a single mom putting myself through college. i personally love shopping there for for organic producs to add to my all natural beauty regimen. Maybe the people writing the bad reviews aren't from the U.S? because all the bad reviews i see are usually from foreigners. AS for a customer who lives a few states away from california, Texas, i say there should be no issues whastoever and resonable shipping. i paid 4 bucks and then received my stuff 4 days later. way faster than anywhere else. just as fast as my two day prime membership with Amazon. If you are living in the u.s. then i believe you should totally give this place a try because all the negativity is coming from people who live elsewhere. Overall, i will continue to shop here. super happy :)"

DaughterOfLights's Avatar

California, USA
2015-03-25

"Seems like good luck is on my side. I live in California, and it only takes one single day for my package to arrive at my doorstep. Great prices,too !"

This review was modified by DaughterOfLights on May 31 2015 11:15:12 PM

2015-03-21

"Iherb is a scam!!! The most disgusting money hungry organization do not order from them or I promise you will get scammed!!! They write they're own review after every angry costumer to even out the ratings!!! Iherb is a scam!!!!! You have been warned!!! You'll get scammed and will pay trippled amount tax for your order!!!"

This review was modified by Fuckiherb on March 21 2015 10:43:52 PM

2015-03-11

"Buyers Beware

I ordered every month several times from iHerb but recently have been scammed. They do not put the cost of the goods on the outside of the box. Thereby customs have to contact herb to get the value of the goods. iHerb then give the total cost of the order including the costs of DHL. As a result your order is over the allowance leading to taxes and VAT. This is incorrect so I'm not sure why they can't be bothered to give the correct amount. Will now be shopping at vita cost

This review was modified by Jude19 on March 11 2015 12:16:02 PM

2015-03-11

"I like Iherb.com. They are great, but Korea kind of is a pain. Korea keeps slowing stuff through customs, and they charged me 75 bucks for a 16 dollar jar of honey. I expect some kind of free trade. It doesn't have to be free trade, but charging people a crazy amount just for importing honey is ridiculous.
When the customs was giving me trouble before, and I was waiting for a month, iherb gave me a refund. In the end, customs wanted to charge me $75 for a $16 jar of funny. Ludicrous, isn't it?

This review was modified by basilkeilani on March 11 2015 12:44:14 AM

Share iHerb.com's store rating

iHerb.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

iHerb.com is not a merchant member
iHerb.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!