• Address: 5012 4th Street Irwindale, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I ordered some superfood from iHerb.com to my address in Norway about one and a half months ago. For some reason unknown to me the package got stuck in the customs and returned back to iHerb.

iHerb refunded some of the amount I payed, but decided to keep 20% for them self in addition to the shipping fees. With goodwill I can understand the shipping fees, but the 20% of the order they did not refund is flat out bad customer relationship policy. What disturbs the most is their very impolite way of telling me this, and their total lack of wish to sort it out to end up with a satisfied customer. They even stopped replying me.

"I would recommend this seller. I live in South Korea and they ship to me super fast. The products are great and my wife loves the variety they offer. If your trying to be vegan overseas this is a great site for you."

Queen Nwannia's Avatar
Michigan

"Ordered some shampoos from iherb.com, it was the cheapest place online I found that had the shampoos that I wanted. Also received a 5.00 off coupon which pretty much paid for the shipping. Fast shipping! iherb.com gets a thumbs up from me!"

"Ordered for about 60$ at iHerb.com and never got the product
They keep saying wait!! and do not give my money back or resend
Never had such a lousy service
Do NOT order at them

modified review This review was modified by rjdb on February 23 2013 06:20:49 AM

"Returned $40 worth of products and got $3.06 back. Shipping alone cost me $5.25. Nice.

Customer service is HORRIBLE. Meaning, there is ZERO.

I was a loyal buyer to this company. Spending hundreds every few months. They obviously do not care about repeat customers. End the end I got my money back by filing a dispute with my CC company. Nice to lose a few customers over $40 right?

Looks like I will be going back to Amazon. Sure they charge taxes but their return policy and customer service is 100% better than iHerb.

I think their full name is "I is smoking some herbs" because I think everyone one of them are high while on the job.

modified review This review was modified by incognitoe on February 02 2013 11:22:14 PM

"Very good selection and service.

I've ordered from iherb for several years now without problems.
I've seen a few items cheaper on other sites like luckyvitamin.com. but I end up going with iherb mainly because I like how the expiration dates are displayed for their items. I don't want to risk getting something near its expiration date. I also like that they fully display all the supplement facts.

If you spend $40 you get free shipping as well, and I receive my orders in a couple of days. Eveything so far has arrived well packaged. No leaks or spills on the liquid products I have ordered.
I did have one occasion where a package did not arrive and I did a 'chat' with a rep online. She found that the pkg was lost and she promptly sent me another package with no problem.
I live in California, iherb is located in Moreno Valley, so I am obviously not going to run into any shipping problems as opposed to others in different countries.

modified review This review was modified by bebe07 on January 29 2013 11:18:36 AM

"I had noticed if there were any complaints about iherb, most of the time would be about the customer service. With my years of online shopping experience, iherb has by far the worst customer service I have ever encounter.

"Toni" the service personnel obviously doesn't enjoy his/her job or perhaps the company does not set a certain standard for the employees.

My experience in short: Wrote to customer service about my order which was being returned. Obviously anyone would like to find out why? So my reply from "Toni" was to be exact: "it does not said custom sent it back." and that was the explanation I get basically. So I wrote back to clarify and gave a piece of advise by telling "Toni" to do his/her job well or don't do it at all. Guess what?! He/she actually wrote back again and another lame response: "You had a question I answered it. I cannot predict why something was done in customs. Thank you".

Honestly, I am glad that there are other websites that providing the same products online.

modified review This review was modified by jengems on January 29 2013 08:54:31 AM

"Continually excellant service and prices. Customer Service friendly, polite, fast and knowledgeable. A pleasure to do business with. Shipping....just as good as their service and prices. Found the order in my sent folder and wanted to comment before I deleted the order. Something just take longer to get done than others. Now, back to my order to Iherb 8-P Ceecee"

"I have purchased many many vitamins and supplements from iHerb.com. I have always found the service to be FAST and the prices are the lowest I have found on a regular basis. I may find a cheaper price for an item here and there, but iHerb is very consistent. In December 2012 they emailed their customer base and gave away $20.00 of products for free--but you had to use the code within a week or two (dont remember exactly, but it was time sensitive). And I mean TOTALLY free. I went in and ordered 2 bottles of Vitamin D which came to $23.xx... At check out I entered the code and only had to pay the $3 plus change. If I remember correctly you will get 10% off your first order as well. I highly recommend iHerb!! "

"Really Bad customer Service. No phone calling accepted even if they have phone number. Bad respond not cooperative and they are not clear enough that cause you loosing a lot of money."

"Great prices and service. They do consistently pack certain items poorly (soymilk is often leaking by the time it arrives) but they always promptly replace it. We've asked them to change the way they pack the soymilk and they have listened! Great store."

"Almost 8 weeks passed since my order and I still haven't received anything. Their customer support refuses to be helpful. Parcels from iHerb are being lost ALL OVER Europe. Someone must be stealing them in the warehouse or something, because it's unbelievable – just check iHerb facebook page and read customer comments.

Also, the company doesn’t inform you during the ordering process that it is not going to refund the money if the package has been lost.

I'll never do business with them again.

"Their "Rewards Program" is a scam, even worse than MLM!!!
My boyfriend, who is a first time customer, wanted to order products for me. I passed him my referral code to use. Since the products are for me, he filled in my information for the recipient and shipping address, but he is the one paying, with the billing address and credit card information as his own.
However, we were later informed that 'one household can only have one referral code', and hence they cancelled our order and his account. On their website it blatantly says that the referral code can be passed on to friends and family! Besides, the billing address is different, and the products are for me, so obviously the shipping address would be mine!
Emailed them numerous times, but they had an inflexible and arrogant attitude towards this issue.
Used to buy all my organic stuffs from there, but never again. Found some other website that, even with twice the shipping price, still totals up to be cheaper than iHerb scammers.
NEVER buy from here!!! And the refund was still not back for the cancelled orders, still worried if they are going to return it, about 50bucks, and has been more than a week!!!
Worst customer service EVER, their replies were the same time and again, no matter how I explained. Seems that they don't care or listen at all.
NEVER going to buy from here again.

"FWIW, I live in the U.S. I was really pleased with iHerb. I was ordering a probiotic that's supposed to be kept refrigerated. Every previous place I've ordered from shipped in a regular padded envelope sent USPS, so I'd typically stock up during cool weather to minimize exposure to warmth while in transit. Ordering the same probiotics from iHerb ended up being literally only a couple of dollars more in total (about 2-3% more expensive), but that included overnight shipping in an insulated container with ice packs (that were still 90% frozen on arrival). I certainly plan on using them again when my latest supply runs low - this was basically perfect."

"Be aware that customs duty is charged if you are ordering from UK and this is not included in the price.

Having ordered from the UK, had to shell out extra £10 on customs duty when DHL delivered. Overall the product would have been cheaper on other websites based in the UK. When I inquired about it with Customer services, they haven't even replied so far!

iHerb.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

iHerb.com is not a merchant member
iHerb.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!