Stores > iBUYPOWER.COM

• Address: 529 N BALDWIN PARK BLVD. CITY OF INDUSTRY CA
    • Contact: comments@ibuypower.com
    • Phone: (888) 462-3899
    • Customer Support: (888) 462-3899
    • Business Hours: 7:30am~6:00pm PST Mon-Fri10am~3pm PST Sat.
    • Fax: (626) 269-5201

Product & services pricing Rating 8.09/10 8.09/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.93/10 8.93/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.63/10 8.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.97/10 8.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.56/10 8.56/10

2016-07-20

Revolt Review

"The computer I purchased worked very well, I had no issues with customer service (Lee), and it was under constant use. I would recommend purchasing from them in the future."

2016-07-12

Great tech support

"I recently contacted ibuypower's tech support for an issue I was having with my CPU cooler. One of the representatives, Lark Myers, was very helpful and responded quickly. He helped fixed my issue in a timely fashion. I was very impressed with the overall responsiveness of the technical support. Great job!"

This review was modified by sac_6 on July 12 2016 09:37:40 AM

2016-07-06

Wow

"Love ibuypower spoke to Lee"

This review was modified by Badcat55 on July 06 2016 10:02:25 AM

2016-07-05

Nice PC

"Spoke to Lee. Nice pc and im using it right now"

This review was modified by tiyu0613 on July 05 2016 02:09:53 PM

Prasad1337's Avatar

Chico CA
2016-06-29

Pathetic service -- made a joke of my time and money!!

"I placed an order for a computer costing around $1900. 11 days later, I get a call saying "THE GRAPHIC CARD WON'T FIT". My first reaction being why the **** it was on their website configuration software in the first place. Regardless of my patience, the customer service agent (Philip) seemed to not care about satisfying me or my needs. I was given an option to cancel (wherein now I wait another week to get my refund) or to upgrade to a GPU that would fit, namely shell out more money. I demanded that they either give me a comparable computer where the GPU would fit, at the same price point (and I was told I'd receive an email with such a price matched configuration) especially since that's what their website advertised and they already have my bloody money!! I proposed an alternative as well where they can compensate for my trouble by giving the free GPU upgrade because this is their **** up. In any case, neither did they budge even a bit nor did I get my price matched alternate configuration email. **** company... will never deal again and dissuade others from even approaching them.

I work for an e-commerce company myself and I'm horrified at how idiotic some players in the game really work. They still haven't removed the GPU that doesn't fit on the system configuration page. I'm now only hoping to receive my refund soon so I can take my business elsewhere.

UPDATE:
This company called me today to ask for an update to my review. The second rep that worked with me (Richard) was much better than the first, although it didn't resolve my situation. Eventually, he told me that they had a GTX 1080 that would fit in the case I chose, but by then they had already cancelled my order and expected me to wait for my refund before they would charge me again. The whole experience was distasteful in general and while I appreciate Richard's efforts, it wasn't enough for me to wait another week or so to get my refund AFTER waiting 2 weeks, just so they could charge my card again.

To summarize, a company and it's representatives must take ownership of problems faced by their direct consumers. While my isolated situation alone is NOT the reason for this rating, it is the overall attitude and approach which I noticed that justifies it. Two days after they told me 'x' does not fit in 'y', 'x' was still listed on their order pages as an upgrade available for 'y'. This is fundamentally a sign of a decentralized or poorly organized company. Either that, or they don't seem to care as much or don't understand what to prioritize. While I wouldn't particularly make any effort to divert potential customers away from this company, I'll leave this review as such for people to be aware of the extent to which this company will respect your time and money, and furthermore, the extent to which they care about issues faced and the lack of effort in pre-empting them for the future.

This review was modified by Prasad1337 on July 13 2016 04:25:33 PM

ibuypower great for gaming

"I bought a gaming rig in 2009 from ibuypower that's lasted 7 years. Ready for a new one, and Lee is helping me out. Looking forward to playing some up-to-date games again!"

This review was modified by throwaway7890 on June 28 2016 04:49:20 PM

Mike killed it!

"Was super hesitant about my purchase as it was quite expensive and done all online. Mike C. did everything he could to make me feel great about my purchase, giving me detailed information and answering every question with a professionalism above most places. Thanks again for the awesome experience, Mike!"

This review was modified by Gusted on June 28 2016 03:30:06 PM

2016-06-28

Bought years ago, still happy!

"I've bought from this company a few years back, and the machine I bought is still running strong. Sadly, it's nearing the end of its life and thanks to the positive vibe I got from my first machine, I ordered a new one and look forward to another decade of power! I even spoke to a representative of theirs, named Lee, who helped me out and I told him of my satisfaction with the company. I got what I ordered with no issues, and have been very happy!"

This review was modified by Shakar001 on June 28 2016 03:10:45 PM

2016-06-28

"Still using the same system and going strong!

Attn Lee

This review was modified by drz196 on June 28 2016 02:58:58 PM

Return purchaser

"Great options at a very good price. Worked with Richard Lee who was very helpful and specced out a system that was right for my home entertainment/gaming area.

Very happy to be a return purchaser.

This review was modified by returnpurchaser on June 28 2016 11:22:23 AM

2016-06-27

Amazing!!!

"IBuyPower has really outdone themselves. The product they sent me is amazing and not only that but they have great customer support. They keep you informed throughout the whole process, and they have great prices for the products they make. I highly recommend IBuyPower to anyone looking for a custom computer."

2016-06-24

Great buy!

"Attention Lee. Great products, always satisfied with the products!"

This review was modified by Azinity on June 24 2016 10:04:45 AM

2016-06-24

crappy sense I received it

"I picked this up and was really excited about this purchase. Spent $1500 on it and thought overall a great deal on the product. That being said, I've been rather disappointed with the service and the product sense I received it. The network card has been on the fritz sense I received it. I had to reinstall windows 10 as soon as I got it to get the Wi-Fi card to work a little. Now it goes in and out periodically throughout the day. If that wasn't bad enough, whenever I'm web-surfing the screen would occasionally go black for no reason. I could be reading the news and suddenly nothing. I also have the display constantly crashing and being recovered on the video card. I have updated all the drivers so not sure what they hell is going on. I was hoping I could have this checked out remotely as currently out of the country for another 3 months. When I called, they said I was pretty much **** out of luck till I could send it back to the US. I would figure in this day and age, they should be able to remote into a computer to confirm if its a hardware or just a software issue.
I went online to their website and can't see anywhere to write a review which is probably why its all 5 stars. As you might guess, a bit pissed off with this experience. I generally pride myself in being pretty easy to please but in this case I'm staying away from here in the future.

This review was modified by rflattum on June 24 2016 09:07:17 AM

2016-06-23

I'm pleased with my purchase and experience overall, but...

"... I have a few gripes.

1) I was flat out asked to write this review, but at the time it felt more like I was trading this review for 'superior customer service.' If you don't have a part or it's been discontinued, you're not really "doing me a favor" by charging me to replace it with something I don't particularly want. The fact that my credit card was charged for this "replacement part" without my knowledge irritates me to no end; I wasn't sent a confirmation email or anything, I just looked on my statement and there was the charge.

2) I never received any update emails during the entire process of building my PC. Instead, after the thing was shipped, I received -- and I'm not using hyperbole here -- 193 emails at once. No, really... 193 emails from iBuyPower. Most of the emails were duplicates of "YOUR PC IS BEING TESTED" or "YOUR PC IS IN THE BURN IN PHASE" etc. Why?

3) The packaging foam bag inside the tower had a hole in it, so the foam they used to secure everything during transit leaked all over the bottom of my tower and got all over an LED strip and vent. I'm glad none of the important components of my new computer were ruined, otherwise this review would be decidedly less nice. I wish I could add a picture of the foam so everyone could see what I had to clean up. It sucked.

My new computer is great, but the process of buying it and getting it set up was not so great. I guess I'd still recommend iBuyPower to my friends if they didn't want to fiddle with building a PC themselves. My customer service person seemed nice albeit a little off-putting.

This review was modified by hooliebug on June 23 2016 08:40:18 PM

2016-06-22

Long lasting and good performer

"I bought an iBuyPower system from Newegg.com in 2009. After five years, I added an SSD and upgraded the video card, but other than that it's run reliably and with solid performance for seven years. When it came time to buy a new computer, I went right to the iBuyPower website and configured a system that I hope will last me for the next seven years. Solid components and great build quality are how I would characterize iBuyPower."

This review was modified by mlautens on June 22 2016 05:06:56 PM

Share iBUYPOWER.COM's store rating

iBUYPOWER.COM is a Merchant Member! Learn more

iBUYPOWER.COM is a merchant member
iBUYPOWER.COM participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.