Buy.com Reviews - page 2 - buy.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.50/10 2,935 reviews

Buy.com is not a merchant member
Buy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

All Customer Reviews (2,963)

Dallas TX

"Excellent customer service. I recently bought an external disk drive. It took me 5 weeks before I got around to trying it. It was DOA. I thought I'd have to return it to the manufacturer, but Buy.com has a, generous, 45 day return. It was very easy to use, and they paid for shipping, both ways. I had a new, working drive, in a little more than a week.

I've bought a few things from Buy.com, and hadn't ever had any problems. It's times like this, when you find out how good their service is.

After reading some of the other reviews, I had to make sure we were talking about the same company. I clicked on the Buy.com link, and logged into my account. Yes, it was Buy.com

"Just like the other reviewers. I ordered a watch winder and was sent a curtain. The merchant,wayfair, verified that it was an error and they dont evenstock the item listed. They did agree to offer a full refund. Good on wayfairs part. Sad part is, because of waiting to get the order, I am have to pay expedited shipping to order the same from somewhere else. I would advise to stay away from buy.com."

"I placed an order from this website on December 2nd 2012, I bought this Cross Edge Pink pens for a Birthday present (the birthday was the 15th), so I received a totally wrong (and cheaper pens), I called the store Ivrs Luggage the next day, they admitted that they sent the wrong items but they said there was a mistake in the website pricing so they couldn't sent me the product I wanted if I didn't pay MORE MONEY, I told them that then they were lying but the representative told me that there was a Buy.com mistake, so I called them and they told me that even though when she went online she could see the same item in the same price, they told me they would contact the seller co fix the situation and everything would be solved by next Tuesday (the 11), I waited and nothing happened not even a phone call nor an email. So I called back on Saturday the 15th (the birthday date) and they again told me that they were going to call me back the same day. Today (the 17th) I had to call back and they finally told me that there was nothing that they can do, that the Pen I wanted was even out of stock (lie) and that I would have to wait some more days to get a refund...I won't ever buy from this liars site again, I have been buying from Ebay several years and I'VE NEVER HAD any issue with them. My biggest mistake trying "new options". Thanks for nothing Buy.com and Ivrs Luggage."

"Run from this company. I repeat, run from this company. Customer service is horrible and they do not take responsibility for their mistakes."

"My credit card was compromised when buying from this site. Purchases for thousands of dollars. My credit card company got them. Do not buy from BUY.COM you will be sorry."

"Ordered a portable harddisk from them. Price was good and shipping was fast. buy.com is my top 5 resellers for computer accessories."

modified review This review was modified by insprionME on December 07 2012 08:13:01 AM
apsasa's Avatar
Los Angeles

"Hello all, stay away from this lousy company, they have no stock for most of the items sold on their site. I would never come again anymore. It's safe for a woman like me to buy dress on the fashion store LonelyTrends.com. "

"lousy lousy, whish i had read all the negative reports, no service ,no products no help all negative and fight to get your dough back watch out . nenver tell you it is with a third party, very hard tp talk to anyone "

"After my purchase did not arrive, 5 months after the order was placed, I contacted buy.com on three separate occasions in all three emails the customer service department indicated I would receive a refund since the order/shipment could not be fulfilled. I should have known something was wrong when in several emails there were multiple grammatical and spelling errors...Still waiting on my refund six months after the purchase. I will never buy from this company again after this kind of experience."

"Buy.com used to be a good site to shop with. It's not the case anymore. They let random vendors selling at their site with some unreasonable return policy with very high restocking fee even on a refused package. Will never buy from them again."

"Will never purchase anything from or through Buy.com again. These people are simply interested in one thing taking money. They have no care or concern for the customer. I tried to buy something from one of their vendors CheckOutDigi aka CheckOutDigital. They listed an item below market value took my order took my money and then wouldn't ship the item. By their own admission they did this to 3 other people as well. They simply canceled my order and refunded my money. When I asked why they said they didn't have any stock because of the storm in NY. Keep in mind this was two weeks after the storm. If you don't have inventory why do you have the item listed I asked. They said Buy.com has to take down the listing because don't have control of the listings, which is a flat out lie. If you look at how to become a Buy.com seller it states right on their page that you state of art software to control your inventory and listings. Then I asked why there was a new listing for the same item at a higher price today I got the same response. However, while I was on the phone with them that listing was taken down. Pretty convenient if you ask me. They also maintain a website with thousands of items on it, there was no reference on there that would indicate that any item could be out of stock because of the storm or a delay in shipping for the same reason. They just simply didn't have the one item I ordered. I filed a complaint with the NY State Attorney Generals office, which amounted to nothing more than them lying to them as well. I am now in the process of filing a civil suit against them for bait and switch and they will have to travel from NY to my state when they are subpoenaed. Which in the end is going to cost them far more than what the item was worth. I called Buy.com several times to discuss the problem and they simply don't care what their sellers do or don't do. They say they will look into and call me back within one business day. I was told that lie twice never got a return call. Buy.com takes no responsibility for what their sellers do they just want the broker fee from the sellers for using their site to sell stuff. Well I'm done with Buy.com and as far as CheckOutDigi we'll see after I get the civil suit filed. "

"Ordered through Buy.com and PNP Games and something called Rakuten - four days later they sent a refund. If they don't have item in stock why are they still selling the item. Will never order anything from PNP Games or Buy.com. Waste of time!!"

"I ordered a DVD set from them and never received the item or an email 10 days later, although they said it would ship 1-2 days. When I went online to check my tracking, they said my order was cancelled. It would have been nice to receive an email. I just emailed them asking for a refund. Who knows how that is going to go. They said someone will get back to me within 24 hours. In the future, I am going to stay with the familiar sites that I know. "

"Got a memory card reader, on picture looks great, but when I got the product, it looked like somebody manufactured it in their chinese garage. It worked ok, but what made me mad was, when I wrote a review of the product (negative review because of manufacturing and quality), it never appeared on that product review, neither did I get any reply from buy.com stating why the review was not posted ( usually amazon does). Will never buy fron BUY.COM. Bye bye www.buy.com."

"WOW, F*CK THIS PLACE. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I NEEDED 3 BOOKS FOR MY MUSIC LESSONS, THEY SENT 2 OF THEM AND DIDN'T SAY A WORD ABOUT THE LAST BOOK WHICH I NEEDED THE MOST. I WAITED 6 WEEKS AND THEY COULDN'T EVEN SEND ME 1 F*CKING EMAIL SAYING IT WAS OUT OF STOCK. SERIOUSLY, F*CK THESE GUYS, I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT AND DIE THE MOST SLOW PAINFUL DEATHS POSSIBLE. I'M FAILING MY CLASS NOW BECAUSE OF THEM."