Stores > Bud's Gun Shop

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.90/10 7.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.81/10 7.81/10

Unmatched price and service

"Product was delivered on schedule as advertised. I saved $70 over my local gun shop. Only error they made was not giving the FFL my contact info but I called him so it was no problem."

This review was modified by stenorr5 on February 24 2017 08:15:02 AM

2017-02-22

Can't go wrong with buds

"I've ordered a few firearms from buds now and it's been trouble free each time. And their prices are so much better than in stores. Will definitely be ordering more in the future from them"

This review was modified by Nickwarner62 on February 24 2017 08:00:09 AM

I like buds

"Giving you guys 4 stars. You guys deserve 5 but my only complaint is the shipping is inconsistent. Sometimes it's fast other times its "where is my dang package." That's it though. Always have quality products and customer services is superb. Great job guys. Thanks for all that you do for customers. "

This review was modified by tonytwotoes6669 on February 24 2017 08:00:09 AM

2017-02-22

"Great overall experience, Buds had the best price and the shipping was very fast. Exceeded my expectations. The rifle was in perfect condition, zero complaints. Thank you, Buds."

This review was modified by Kandersen3 on February 24 2017 07:45:02 AM

contact to contact good.

"That said did not receive email when shipped with tracking #. Had to login to find tracking # good thing it came sooner than I thought."

This review was modified by haroldvan-18126 on February 24 2017 07:45:02 AM

Cva Optima V2

"Awesome muzzleloader at a very good price..received the item 4 days after I put in the order. Will shop here in the future for sure."

This review was modified by jarrod_alvey16 on February 24 2017 07:30:02 AM

"Shipping is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!
WAY OVERPRICED SHIPPING AND HANDLING!

This review was modified by vschons on February 24 2017 07:15:01 AM

Always a bargain at Bud's Gun Shop

"I have had several purchases through Bud's over the last few years and have never been disappointed. The shipping is always fast and free. There is a bit of a delay if you pay by debit/check/money order, but there is also a discount. I always try to buy through Bud's first."

This review was modified by will081 on February 24 2017 07:15:01 AM

2017-02-22

Lovin every minute of it!!!

"Always wanted a Beretta 92 and I am not disappointed. Feels perfect in the hands. Ordered on a Wednesday and was delivered to FFL on Friday. Great service. Will buy from again. "

This review was modified by jonathan_kellum on February 24 2017 07:15:01 AM

3rd gun purchase and counting

"After numerous orders with Bud's Gun Shop I am very happy with their service, delivery, and ease of ordering. The latest purchase was for a Ruger GP100 44 Special and the revolver is everything I thought it would be. Recoil is very manageable with a 3" barrel which which is just what I was looking for to fill the niche between snub and service size. I think the quality exceeds what I expected from a Ruger (better trigger/accuracy) and the support from Bud's is always exceptional. Will definitely be using Buds again for future purchases. "

This review was modified by kb2cyf on February 24 2017 06:30:02 AM

Shoot for the Stars!

"My first experience with a Bud's Gun Shop large purchase. I ordered my H&K and the process was seamless. Excellent online knowledgable personnel to answer my questions and assisted with the purchase. Definitely Bud's Gun Shop will be my first choice for all my rifle and handgun needs. Thank you for making my purchase a great experience!"

This review was modified by simpson161-73372 on February 24 2017 06:00:08 AM

Super fast delivery.

"Always wanted a little NAA revolver. I ordered one for my birthday on Saturday and it was at my gun shop by Wednesday ahead of schedule. Well done! I'm very happy with Bud's and my little revolver. Happy Birthday to me!"

This review was modified by Brian_greentheme on February 24 2017 05:30:02 AM

Great ammo, but I won't buy it from Buds again

"Eley Target is great ammo at a reasonable price. It's reliable and accurate. I've shot several thousand rounds of Eley Target in the last few years, mostly while practicing for precision pistol (Bullseye) competition. Buds had the lowest price, so I thought I'd take a chance and order from them. That's about where the positive aspects of ordering this ammo from Buds end.

First, Buds sends me an email saying that I need to call customer service. This isn't my first rodeo, so I figure they probably just need my FPID card info (required by New Jersey to purchase handgun ammo). Most websites just send an email, asking you to reply with a copy of your FPID card. But Buds wants me to call. So I call; 20 minute estimated wait time; no thanks. I call early the next day, estimated 5 min wait time. So, 9 minutes later, I get a customer service guy who... tells me that I need to write down an email address so that I can send them an email with a copy of my FPID card. Really? I had to call customer service and wait in line for you to tell me that? An email would have be more than sufficient and saved me (and the customer service guy) a lot of time and hassle, and ensured that I didn't mistype the email address. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

Then, worst of all, the ammo arrives damaged. Like most heavy boxes, it looks like it's been dropped a few times during shipment. Hardly a surprise to anyone who has ever sent or received a heavy box, but that's why most retailers ship ammo well-protected in a double box, padded on all sides. Well, Buds put the original Eley box into another box and then threw some bubble wrap on top. Of course, it got dropped on the bottom, where there were only 2 layers of cardboard and the plastic ammo box between the ground and the ammo. Only a handful of rounds were damaged (plus three of the plastic ammo boxes), so not worth sending 1500 rounds back, but still a pretty bad job by Buds. Sending me broken product is a deal-breaker, especially when so many of their competitors have figured it out how to do it right.

It's great ammo, but I won't be buying it from Buds again.

This review was modified by ysutter on February 24 2017 05:15:02 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-22-2017

A rep from Bud's Gun Shop, budsgunshop, has responded

“We apologize for any inconvenience posed to the customer. We have addressed the packaging issues with our warehouse team in an effort to reduce damage that can be avoided with proper packaging. The customer is being refunded the shipping costs for the inconvenience. Additionally, we are updating the e-mail that is sent to include the e-mail instructions for FPID/FOID card requests to customers.”

Terrible experience

"I live in Illinois and in dupage county. They insisted that I live in cook county and would not sell the gun to me. I think that I know what county I live in.
Taking business some were else.

This review was modified by Erohlfes on February 24 2017 06:45:01 AM

Wicked Happy!!

"I'm very pleased with BUDS , very professional and very easy do they make the gun purchasing experience, right from the comfort of your home. Thank you!"

This review was modified by desjardin_mark31 on February 24 2017 04:45:03 AM

Share Bud's Gun Shop's store rating

Bud's Gun Shop is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Bud's Gun Shop is a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,442 merchant members.