Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.96/10 8.96/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.55/10 9.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.23/10 9.23/10

What is this?

"I ordered a Sager NP9370-3D a few months ago, and I was hesitant at first because I had never ordered something so pricey online. But I was very pleasantly surprised, first, their customer service was very friendly and helpful with all my questions.
The machine was very much worth it, it is a monster, and the custom enhancements worked perfectly.
After purchase they were very quick to answer any doubts, and their live chat system was always extremely helpful. I'd definitely recommend this reseller.

"Xotic PC has very good Customer Service."

"First I just want to say.. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! From the very first phone call I made to guys just inquiring about a gaming laptop you guys have been nothing but helpful to me, answering every question I had and helping me with my indecisiveness between gaming laptops (lol).. and on top of that your customer care group for technical difficulties are amazing!!! I did have one issue with my PC due to windows 8 which was none of your guy’s fault but the fact that XOTIC PC customer care helped me at 12 oclock at night to help fix it was truly amazing, helpful, and out of the way to please me. I have already sent business to you guys and couldn’t be happier. I’d like to thank Josh Keller who sold me my PC and helped me pick my laptop and I would also like to thank once again the customer care unfortunately I don’t remember who helped me but they were all great. Thanks again.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Kind Regards,

Izzy Tommy

"Absolutely a wonderful experience! Xotic PC kept me updated on the status of my computer and it arrived exactly when it was expected. In addition, their follow up and friendly attitude when corresponding with this company was truly exceptional. I would highly recommend Xotic PC to anyone."

"I ordered an ASUS G75VX with a handful of customizations. Communication from when I was looking to purchase through after the item was in production was excellent. Every time I made an inquiry the staff at Xotic was quick to respond (within 24 hrs). Build time was good as I elected to pay for the rush option (after seeing other reviews it appeared to be worth it). From start to finish it took about two weeks. The laptop itself is excellent and the work performed by Xotic really stands out. I highly recommend this company and will do business with them again in the future."

"Excellent company. The laptop I received had a slight problem with the space bar on the keyboard. Instead of making me send the whole laptop in, they gave me the choice to do it myself with a new keyboard they sent me. This was VERY helpful. I didn't want to have to send in my laptop over such a minor issue. There staff are very helpful.

Utah Residents!!! ---> You've all seen the "PC Laptops" commercials and radio ads? Guess what?... Xotic PC sells the exact same laptops for less than HALF the price! PC Laptops’ only selling point is a lifetime service guarantee (but only 2 year parts) and they are local so you don’t have to ship it somewhere if something goes wrong. I guess they don’t realize that you can buy TWO laptops at their price from Xotic PC and, if something were to go wrong, I have an identical spare laptop to use when I ship the other one back to get it fixed! Plus, you'll still have money left over.

"The people at Xotic PC went far beyond what I have ever experienced from an internet company to guarantee my happiness. Elizabeth, in particular, made the experience even better than I ever expected. I had a major surgery just a few days before I decided on the laptop I wanted and she made what would ordinarily be a somewhat stressful, due to making sure I received everything I wanted and timing, the exact opposite. When I my laptop arrived it was 100% ready to go, which was extremely important because it came after I had my surgery and it was all thanks to her and the staff at Xotic PC. She is very knowledgeable and if she didn't know the answer to a particular question she asked someone who did and got back to me in short order. I will definitely be ordering from them in the future and be recommending them to my friends and family."

"Great service, order was tested quickly and shipped in excellent packaging. Order was shipped through their Nebraska warehouse to avoid CA taxes. Customer service is very friendly and will follow up with your order.

"I chose XoticPC because it was the best bang for the buck.They had plenty of options for a reasonable price.Laptop was delivered on time and queries (via email) were replied to on the very next business day. Response was quick and effective. Have had no problems with the system so far."

"This was my first experience dealing with Xotic PC and it was a pleasant one. The computer arrive just how I ordered it and worked flawlessly out of the box. I was very happy with my experience and I would definitely buy from them again or recommend a friend."

"Good service , good products , delivered in a timely manner"

"Everything went great. Addressed my questions & issues even after I received my laptop. Great price."

"Exotic PC customer service answered my questions about components, understanding and explaining the cost-benefit issues that allowed my decisions to be reasonable, not just affordable but excellent."

"First off, please note that this was my SECOND purchase from Xotic PC in 6 months...the short story...I should have learned my lesson the first time and NOT given them a SECOND chance. The products that Xotic PC sells are good, their service, follow-through, and quality control are some of the worst I've experienced.

The problems with my first order that I placed in 7/2013 centered around their 3% cash discount. Their explanation of the combination of the 3% discount and how it works with 'other discounts' (from Sager in that particular case) is a little 'sketchy'. My discount was reduced from 3% to 2% as I opted to take a $50 shipping discount. As I was informed after my order, their website faq pages do explain the discount, but it's buried in fine print and not right 'up front' as one would imagine it would be. The larger issue was when I attempted to secure the check payment that I sent with a credit card. It took several calls and I received some misinformation in attempting to give them my credit card number/provide clearance verification on the cashier's check that I sent.

Concerning this first order Xotic PC marginally redeemed themselves by contacting me immediately, within 30 minutes, of me posting my concerns via Reseller Ratings. I was quite impressed on how quickly they responded and how important it was to them to make things right with me. The General Manager addressed all of my concerns, explained the corrective action(s) that were being taken to minimize future problems and provided me with her contact information, as well as the service manager's contact information, such that if I had any problems in the future, or would like to work with them directly, they would handle my concerns/future business. WELL WAIT...let's see how that SECOND transaction went...(spoiler alert)...NOT WELL.

Upon ordering my second computer I contacted the General Manager both BEFORE and AFTER ordering the system to remind her of the previous problems, her commitment to taking care of my customer service needs, and ward off any potential problems with this order.

When we spoke directly, she had told me that she would "personally oversee" the build process/handling with the manufacturer to make sure that they weren't any problems on the manufacturer's side and that I would receive my system by my request date of "before Christmas". When I ordered it (on Cyber Monday) Xotic had 2 deals running that I 'seemed' to qualify for 1) a $9 carrying case, 2) a free t-shirt. I took the $9 carrying case. After about a day I got an email from customer service that stated as I didn't add a "Xotic PC Service" (cooling upgrade, white glove, etc.) I couldn't get the discounted case...ok, no problem, take it off and give me the t-shirt instead. Shortly after that conversation I got another email, I didn't qualify for the free t-shirt as I STILL didn't add a Xotic PC Service. I was a little shocked they had such tight regulations on free advertising [me wearing their shirt], but ok, whatever, take it off the order - no free tee for me. This is where the fun really started...all of a sudden, even though the General Manager was going to make sure that I received 'special treatment' and she was going to 'fast-track' or 'quick-process' my build with the manufacturer, "it's didn't look like my order was going to ship w/i the requested time"...their suggestion, add priority shipping for $50. Well, this WAS a Xmas present, so I HAD to HAVE it by 12/25, so whatever, add that. At this point I did ask about a cooling upgrade, but "No, no, no time for that"..."that would put the receive date well beyond 12/25". I did actually want this service after having a few days to think about it, but ok, no time, guess I'll just go with stock. So, that was the end of our primary communication...let's see what happens next:

Shockingly, the system was delivered on 12/12 (way early, 12 days before Xmas to be exact) [guess that BS about not being to get it in time without Rush Processing was just that...BS). HOWEVER, when I opened up the box to inspect the PC I encountered the following problems (Xotic PC, if you're listening, I HAVE PICTURES): 1) The back panel was askew (jammed, really) such that it did not close properly, 2) because of the jammed panel, a plastic tab broke off during shipping, 3) A screw was not secured properly and came out (completely) - luckily it didn't scratch the case...the 'protective film' did it's job, and saved me from having to return the computer for cosmetic reasons. Now the KICKER...I called the General Manager TWICE to speak with her about the problems, and WAIT FOR IT...NO RETURN CALL!

To sum all this up, I think that Xotic PC has a good product, they fill a niche in the custom PC market that someone really needs to. I think that Xotic PC WANTS to have good customer service, I just don't think they SUCCEED. The problems with my first order...sure...stuff happens, I get that. With my second order; not so much. After you PROMISE that it won't happen again and take exhaustive measures to make sure it doesn't, DON'T SCREW IT UP.

To Xotic PC - I gave you two chances, even went out of my way to 'help' you succeed with the 2nd try...but you FAILED...we WILL NOT do business again.

To Potential Xotic Customers reading this review - Good luck. I suggest looking elsewhere, if there is another custom PC option, I'm sure it's better than this one.

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-30-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are very sorry this customer feels this way. Our cash discount restrictions are transparent and detailed in several places on our website. All Sager machines are built, quality checked and shipped by Sager, in California. We coordinated with Sager to ensure prompt and detailed service to this customers order. We followed through ensuring that this customers computer was processed and shipped with the utmost urgency. Due to the rush of Christmas we recommended this customer to purchase Rush Production and we treated it with the utmost urgency and was ultimately shipped well ahead of several other customers. When the customer received the machine it had minor damage to a removable bottom panel (from Sager, or from shipping). We had our service manager call and try to resolve this matter and he had left a voice mail with no reply. We have also emailed this customer several time's to try and work with him to resolve this matter with no reply.

Ultimately we followed up on this order closely with Sager as we promised however there was a small issue with Sager/Shipping we were more than willing to help with but received no reply from this customer. This customer received very close attention & communications from our General Manager on several occasions that is unfortunately being overlooked.”

"Great site for after-market laptop customization. I initially had a problem with my computer due to a miscommunication, but Customer Service was quick to respond and provide a satisfactory solution. I recommend them."

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,838 merchant members.