Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.26/10 9.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.67/10 9.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.02/10 9.02/10

What is this?

"For mediocre discounts, expect non-competitive price matching, mediocre customer service and order processing. I would much rather pay more to get better communication from customer service. The cumbersome order processing system was also a big turnoff. There was a a lapse in communication when I already cancelled my order. Another person from the company contacts me to say my order was going to be delayed because I didn't fill out the extremely long field when placing my order. I had to follow up again and explain that I already cancelled my order via phone and website (which was requirement inorder to cancel). Don't expect the same feel you get from Amazon or basic online ordering systems nowadays."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-02-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry you feel our ordering process is not simple and cumbersome. Our checkout is a 4 page process and easy to fill out. We are sorry you had trouble with it.”

"Very good sales and technical customer service and support. The MSI Steel series laptop is excellent with respect to screen quality, processing power, sound, and size. The only deficiency is that the keyboard could be more responsive and sensitive. "

"I could not be happier with the product and service I have received from XoticPC! I will most definitely be purchasing from them when it is time for my next computer upgrade."

"Although asked to do this by a service rep, I have to say I do this honestly. Their customer service is by far the best I've ever seen from a reseller having gone through 4 different ones. It's not to say the others were bad, they were also very good but I've never felt like the reseller prided themselves in excellent customer service until Xotic. Their builds are really no different a standard from what you get at other quality resellers, which is to say it's good. My order was an international one and considering the problematic minefield ahead with taxing and shipping cost, everything went very smoothly without a hitch. I'd definitely recommend them and will most likely get my next system from them."

"Update,
Xoticpc has been very kind and awesome with me,they have done constant updates and helped me out with many factors of purchasing a laptop.
Loved the service!
And the shipping time is not long at all,just turned out my cpu had not arrived yet. other then having the cpu back ordered this was a awesome exp and i will be ordering again :)

modified review This review was modified by Alan.H on December 26 2012 04:10:49 PM

"*Last edit*Update 3: I received my laptop today, 1/3/2013, about three weeks after I ordered it. Their shipping is adequate, and the laptop quality - which is much more important - is amazing. Looks great, performs better. I was hesitant about ordering from Xotic for the first time, but given the quality of my current laptop I will definitely go to them again.

Update 2: Jason just called me from Xotic, and as many others have said, you know you're in good hands when you talk to him. We sorted out all the issues in about an hour and my laptop was able to enter production. In addition, he also threw in some game codes for me! Needless to say my experience with Xotic is becoming more pleasant by the day. Thanks Jason.

Update 1: Wow, Xotic saw this review about an hour after I posted it? Apparently they did and called me saying that they had just placed orders for more CPUs and that I was at the top of the waiting list. This was a very pleasant turn of events and as I said, I am very happy for the opportunity to compliment such nice people.

Original Review:

I ordered my laptop - a Force QAL51-HD with a 3610qm processor - on December 10, hoping that it would at least be BUILT before Christmas.

A few days later, Xotic emailed me saying that the 3610qm processor was now out of stock, which wasn't on the website when I placed my order. But being fairly patient, I decided to just pay $79 and upgrade to the 3630qm.

But no, a few more days pass and now Xotic emails me saying the 3630qm is now out of stock as well! What? You would think around Christmastime companies would increase their supply to meet demand.

To make things worse, my next email to them, asking about my options, was bounced back as undeliverable due to a "technical failure". Now I cannot contact them until January due to them being closed for Christmas. Overall the experience so far has been disappointing and I had really hoped for better support from such nice people.

Will be updated over time.

modified review This review was modified by ant11 on January 03 2013 05:25:33 PM

"Xotic has a very friendly staff, even when dealing with an impatient freak such as myself. That said, their process is NOT a quick one. Be prepared to pace a bit!

From Christmas-rush-period order to arrival was 20 days, not counting a back-ordered part - 15.

Laptop OS was re-loaded due to HW changes, and PC arrived missing driver software for keyboard back-lights and THX sound enhancement. To be fair, MSI had not included on their driver CD either.

Sickers on case appeared to have been roughly peeled off another case and re-applied to mine poorly. Xotic attributed defect to MSI, but they did still ship it.

All in all it was worth the agonizing wait. Some minor cosmetic and software issues aside, this PC tears up the stock version that Amazon would have delivered.

modified review This review was modified by sad_panda on December 23 2012 05:14:41 AM

"Xotic PC customer service was great. They price matched my computer base build with a competitor and provide reasonable upgrade costs. I have had the laptop for about 6 months and have had no issues. The customer service team periodically checks in to verify the computer is running smoothly. I would definitely shop with Xotic again."

modified review This review was modified by gattus35 on December 19 2012 01:03:18 PM

"A great Asus build with tons of memory....I love my new machine!"

"Update #1 Jason has contacted me about the issue of the SSD not being mounted/secured with the brackets, he apologized and said he would speak with his tech that was in charge of building it. Also said he would refund my XPC Services (about $65) which I'm happy with. That's good, also would try to get me a game key or two, that's pretty good. They obviously care about their customers and will work to rectify any issues you may have, I'm pretty happy with the end results... got refunded some money, overall a good experience. If the system was originally in stock I would have had it in days of ordering, still only about a weeks wait in general. I'm happy.

Below is the original review.

First part of review: My first order I placed was on an MSI GE60 laptop, I placed the order in the morning and called when they opened shop to make sure they were in stock, I had got rush production and overnight shipping on my order. I was told they were in stock, great news, my payment was processed and waited the up to 4 business days for rush production, on the 4th day I had called to ask if that would ship out, the girl on the phone told me she would CALL me back and let me know the status of the order, a bit later she EMAILS me and tells me that no production has even started and would be another WEEK for it to ship out because they had to order the system in because they were out of stock (but I was told they were in stock!).

Big problem with Xoticpc, especially if you're really impatient like me, after your payment is processed, this is the STANDARD email that is sent out to you:

"Your payment has been processed. You are now approved for production!

Expedited production has been authorized for your order (approx. 1-4 business days). Please note that production times are estimates."

As soon as your payment is done being processed it "goes" straight to production. So when I did my first order and was told it was in stock, then got THAT email saying it was approved for production, I assumed it was. You get no email saying it really PHYSICALLY is in production, the verification process in my eyes at least (someone who works in the customer service field) could be a little better and was a bit misleading.

Not only that, I had to contact them myself to even figure out how things were going, nobody contacted me to say hey we had to order your system in it may be a few more days, that would have been okay, but, no.. they didn't.

Second part of review: So instead of waiting for that machine to be ordered in (me being really impatient and don't want anymore nonsense) I ordered an MSI GT60 250US, assumed THAT was at least in stock and told it was not, (but didn't want to keep playing this low inventory/out of stock game) so I just stayed with that and they got their stock replenished rather quick, couple days.)

Hutsady was helpful and understood my frustration about the first order, and agreed to refund me my rush production, and keep it on this second order, which that eased the pain somewhat.

Now for problem with order 2. (GT60)

First things first I got that standard email again after that order was processed saying it was in production but this time I was quoted a different time (they realized that this system was out of stock this time!) But I expected that, so not that big of a deal.

When they got stock in they got the system done in production pretty fast, 3 days? Which I was happy about, I had got two day shipping on this order to try and save some cash going from overnight on my first order, it shipped Thursday night, got here Monday afternoon. (12/17/12)

Box looked okay UPS didn't slam it around too hard, didn't come broken, none of that, good. So after my unboxing, unwrapping ect, got the battery in... power button.... BIOS.

Okay... not that big of a deal, kinda take a look in the BIOS settings, nothing seems too out of wack, maybe change a couple things that didn't look right to me, powered it down, powered it back up.. straight back to the BIOS! At this point I'm pretty frustrated, there's no reason the system should be going to the BIOS...

After making a quick call to xotic, and talking to Hutsady, in the BIOS, it was only recognizing my 750gb HDD (I had ordered an Intel 520 SSD as the Primary Driver w/ OS installed) so, my first thought was the SSD failed (already)... Hutsady suggested I remove the back panel and see if it came loose, okay no big deal that's easy.. start to unscrew the back panel, there's one hole/screw slot that is a tiny bit smaller to remove then the rest, I didn't have a screw driver THAT small, so I had to go run to the hardware store (luckily down the street) to buy one, get home, got the back panel off... YEP.

The SSD is out of it's slot, you know why it's out of it's slot? Because there's no mounting hardware on it. They put the SSD in the laptop and didn't secure it with the mounting bracket. So my SSD was sliding around probably the whole time it was being shipped (that's really good!) And I told Hutsady this and he seemed shocked (would hope he would be).

Now LUCKILY, while I was unboxing I noticed a little metal like bracket with screws and thought nothing of it at the time and set them aside, sure enough, that is the bracket they did not install on the SSD to prevent it from sliding around.. really? To me, that's really bad. I don't understand why as soon as you put something in like that, you don't screw it down. It's like removing a heat sink, putting it back on, and not screwing it down, or not screwing a motherboard down. Wow.

But in general, the laptop is good, no issues really as of yet.

Just the whole SSD thing tipped me over and imo, is crap quality control, as a matter of fact, that's not quality control at all. At all.

modified review This review was modified by bdgt78 on December 19 2012 03:03:19 PM

"Very good sales process. Their sales staff helped me understand the process, and kept me informed of the status of my order.
This was a higher-end laptop purchase, and I appreciated the support we received from Xotic PC.

"My first review was poor due to having a hard time reaching customer serivce. I was worried my laptop was not in production due to an out of stock part and was unable to confirm that it was in fact being built. Shortly after posting my review I was able to speak with Jason at XoticPC and he addressed my concerns and was even able to tell me that my laptop is shipping today. I will update this review again once I receieve the laptop."

modified review This review was modified by SM301 on December 17 2012 04:13:26 PM

"Xotic PC customer service has been with me on every single step on the order. They have even secured the now discontinued Steelseries keyboard for me, which is over my expectations. I would buy from them again and again"

"I bought my PC back in May of this year.
Best choice I've ever made. The computer is blazing fast and there was nothing wrong with it. Only about one month ago did my keyboard start malfunctioning, I logged on the XoticPC website, and within 5 minutes I was talking to someone who helped me get my RMA request sheet on it's way. Best part about this: I don't even have to send my laptop away, they'll send me a new keyboard, I'll replace it, and send back the old one. All free of charge!
One of the best customer service I've ever dealt with.

As far as the shipping goes. It did take about three weeks, but considering I live in Canada, and the parcel was 15lbs, it's more than understandable. But the PC came in a box within a box, which was padded and re-padded. Very secure, and no damage to the PC whatsoever.

The price for what I received was next to none, although it was a little steep, it was totally worth it.

Overall, a great company and I would be happy to shop there again. No hesitation.

"I recently purchased a Sager NP9130 gaming laptop. I did a lot of research and found Xotic PC to have a great price and the ability to choose exactly what I needed in a laptop. The laptop arrived very well protected and has worked perfectly ever since. The quality of customer service there cannot be beat. They are always quick to respond to emails and can help you with any concerns regarding your purchase. I will definitely recommend this site to anyone buying a new PC or laptop."

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,857 merchant members.