Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.11/10 9.11/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.59/10 7.59/10

What is this?

2014-04-22

"ASUS G750JX-RB71 with RAM upgrade, WIN 7 PRO and Targus XL backpack. There was a special on RAM and a free T SHirt that i love!

The system arrived in perfect condition with no issues. It operates/benchmarks as good or better than expected and has been stable, reliable and works better than I anticipated.

From order to receipt of item was outstanding. There was always someone I could contact to answer my questions in a timely manner. The item was boxed and arrived with no damage or issues.

The ease of selecting customization was great. (wish I could have done more with my budget)

If your in the market for a Gaming system, this is the place to shop. Competive prices, services and great support

I highly recommend them and will purchase another through them in future.

2014-04-21

"I am quite picky and I have been burned by online computer retailers before. I was overall very happy with Xotic PC. Their service was good and the laptop is great,. The payment methods and the customization buttons were a little bit difficult to work with at first, but they made sure everything came out the way I wanted it. I would give five stars if they made the process a bit easier and clearer, and if my system had not taken an extra two weeks to arrive waiting for a manufacturer's part. I think they should have let me know that particular laptop would take longer. But I would use them again, and recommend them to others who are somewhat computer literate."

2014-04-21

"I've bought 3 laptops for myself and my family over the last 4 years from Xotic PC. The customer service and delivery time is excellent. I would highly recommend them to others. I never had any problems with the laptops I have gotten from them."

2014-04-19

"I had the extra copper plumbing installed to keep this high-powered laptop cooler. The staff at Xotic PC kept me in the loop at every step of the order process. I value this level of communication and commitment. Good company."

2014-04-18

"It was an amazing experience to buy a customized Laptop from XOTIC PC. At the beginning I was a bit skeptic if I will receive the correct product, but I could follow up step by step how my PC was built and shipped. Also I was surprised with the post delivery follow up of the company, they were following up if I received the correct product and quality. Good show XOTIC PC!"

2014-04-17

"I ordered a Lenovo y510p sli from Xotic pc some months back..the staff were very helpful in guiding me through my purchase, since I bought it internationally from UK I thought it was going to take some time to reach me in a week the laptop was put together and sent to me..till this day its been kicking well..i play very graphic tasking games..the system takes it all...i'd recommend Xotic pc to everyone out there who wants a better pc."

2014-04-16

"I have purchased two high end gaming laptops with xotic (this was my second purchase) and in both cases they were quick to respond and provided the laptop in perfect condition within the designated time frame and proactively followed up to make sure I was satisfied. Would shop there again."

2014-04-16

"Excellent experience with this company. They were able to expedite my order of a custom-built high-end laptop, communicating the progress constantly to keep me up to date. Will order any/all other computer laptops from them in the future."

2014-04-16

"My experience with them was okay. Could have been better and their website selection buttons, when choosing this and that needs work in one particular area. Shipping and Free Items, if any free stuff is advertised with the product you want to buy.

My laptop was advertised with a free game and free shipping. While the game had a button/selection list the free shipping didn't. To get both, they said you had to put it in the comment section of your order.

Okay, so I did that, for the game, I forgot to do it with the shipping. So I get charged $28 I believe. But hey at least I remembered to put the "Free game" in the comments section, so I should get that... right? Nope, no free game either. I had to email them for the free game, which I did get.

That leads me to wonder, if I even did the "Free Shipping" in comments section, would I have gotten it? I doubt it, so they disappoint me there.

Then their "certified technicians" didn't properly install everything on my laptop. One was drivers for the mouse-pad, the scrolling didn't work but since I'm a computer enthusiast, and fixed the issue, guess that makes me better than theirs? :)

Well, if I ever order another laptop, I doubt it'll be through them, since I can't trust how they do the free stuff.

Update:

Josh, the COO, contacted me shortly after the initial review went up, took me a few days to get back with them. They offered to refund me the shipping of $28. The process through them was quick but it did take 7 or 8 regular days for it to show up on my online statement. The time delay is more credit card company and not XoticPC. Process started on a Tuesday (April 22) and showed up the following Thursday (May 1) or Friday (May 2), forgot to check on Thursday.

They also offered other compensation too but I declined and and suggested they fix the system and he said they were in the process of updating/redoing the website, so it seems it'll get fixed.

As for the drivers for the mouse pad, as I explained via email and will here, the drivers were on the CD that came with the laptop.

Changed a couple of stars for the better.

Rep reply posted Apr-18-2014

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are sorry to hear about the frustration. We list on our website to select the promotions and put into the comments section to ensure that these promotions do not get missed. We apologize that we did miss a promotion and we would have gladly helped had we been contacted. As far as the driver issue, we have no control over when Microsoft releases updates to the OS and anytime these happen it can impact the drivers. We have a fully trained support staff that can be reached via email, phone or chat that can help out with any of these issues. We have tried to contact this customer several times via email and phone and have not heard anything back. We would gladly help at anytime.”

2014-04-15

"It took around one month for a custom built item of high quality with a carbon fiber wrapping. Reasonable, right?
Naturally, I'm going to appreciate such an item (being the most powerful piece of equipment I've owned yet), so I'm a bit biased. But regardless, bravo XoticPC, bravo!

2014-04-15

"Very happy with my ASUS laptop that XoticPC customized. There are so many options for upgrades/replacement components when building your own order. They replaced my CD rom with a SSD (as boot drive), which turned out to be a great decision... this thing flies! The only thing about the customization was that the cd-rom drawer looks like it is not closed all the way due to the custom SSD that was installed there (small gap of a few mm). XoticPC contacted me to confirm that this cosmetic flaw would not be an issue for me. Customer service was very good throughout, with email updates at each step of the order/build/ship process. The price was also reasonable, fair for what you get."

2014-04-15

"I was very pleased with my purchase. I was nervous in the beginning, but that quickly left as I received email updates as the build progressed. Everything was perfect! Xotic PC is first class! I will use again.

Michael LeCoq

2014-04-14

"I ordered a Sager laptop from XoticPC after researching several different options. The support and sales staff were amazing! They promptly answered all of my questions clearly, and made my decision much easier. Very easy to work with, and the service was prompt. I received my laptop in a short amount of time, and their tracking features are great as well. Overall it was a very nice experience, and I will definitely consider using them for future purchases. "

2014-04-14

"Could not have asked for a better site to get my laptop. Easy to use great deals and excellent customer service. Bought my GT70 for Christmas got there in around ten days. I will being using Xotic again for any future purchases. "

2014-04-14

"The short version is: It's awesome!

The longer story goes like this:

... Once upon a time, a customer purchased a laptop online and after several days of waiting he was informed that the company had run out of inventory and couldn't fulfill his order. Disappointed, the customer sadly carried on with his old laptop, barely able to play Battlefield 2 on the lowest graphics settings. Several months went by during which the customer slowly got over the pain of the disappointing experience with the company and when his old laptop began to sizzle and pop, he decided to give the company another chance. After all, their prices were so low and the machines they offered were so nice!

Bravely, the customer filled out another order form, checked his bank account to ensure he had the funds, and submitted his order. He waited on the edge of his seat for a response, hoping against hope that this time his order would get filled. For several days he was a nervous wreck, constantly refreshing his inbox, waiting anxiously for confirmation of shipment. It took a while, but finally, one day, he got what he so desperately wanted. Order confirmed and shipped!

Filled with glee, the customer copy/pasted the shipment code into Google and waited again for the carrier to update its records so he could see where his beloved laptop was at that very moment. As the days went on, the customer was torn between the agony of delayed information and the ecstasy of updated records as his Sager traveled across the country. Then, the joyous moment occurred. It arrived!

Screw the unboxing video! Screw the scissors! The customer ripped open the packaging with his teeth and left only the bubble wrap for his kids to play with. Once the beautiful machine was freed from it's cardboard prison, he lovingly plugged it in and gave it the 110V of power it so richly deserved. A Barry White CD played in the background. It was on.

Finally, the customer and his Sager were joined and they began a long and fulfilling journey through the many adventures of the internets. Not only could Skyrim be played at higher than 5 FPS, it could have the anti-aliasing turned on! Not only could ArmA 3 start, it could be modified. There was storage space to spare. There was dedicated video memory! It was beautiful.

Until one day. One day, the fan began to growl. It started as a slight groan and grumble and over the weeks grew into a persistent grind. At first the customer ignored it, but as it grew more and more incessant, he began having to tap the fan to reset the grinding. After a while, even the tapping wouldn't make the chainsaw-like abomination stop. The user was distraught. His beautiful and powerful machine had a flaw.

Desperate to restore his precious to it's former glory, the customer contacted the company again to see if by any chance the warranty would cover a replacement part. Anxiously, he emailed the support address and waited. It didn't take long for a response. Yes! And not only would the company replace the part, but they even offered to simply send it in the mail and let the customer replace it himself! What sort of black magic is this!? A hardware company that allows- nay, encourages its customers to open up and repair their own machines!?! It's so beautiful.

When the replacement fan arrived, the customer took his injured machine into his office and gently removed the panel covering the fan. Delicately, he unscrewed the heat sink and the fan and unplugged the wires connecting the fan to the motherboard. He lovingly removed the offending fan and set it aside, then turning his attention to the new, shiny fan, he tenderly placed it into the void left by it's predecessor. When all the wires were tucked away neatly, the customer closed up the panel and nervously turned on the power once again. The only sound he heard was the gentle hum and whir of his brand new fan quietly doing it's job and keeping his precious machine cool.

In the months since this surgery, the customer and his machine have pwned many noobs and have modded many maps. Skyrim is now free of the tyranny of the Empire and the Thalmor. Corporal Kerry has not only escaped Altis, he's helped others do so as well. So long as the customer and his machine have each other, there's nothing that can stop them.

The End.

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,594 merchant members.