Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.37/10 9.37/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.74/10 9.74/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10

What is this?

"Edit: Jason has recently contacted me and is working very diligently on getting my laptop working properly. I'm very please by the amount of effort he is going through to improve my satisfaction with xoticpc and I'm more than willing to recommend them to anyone!
----------------------------------------------------------------
So far this has been a nightmare I got my computer on the 23rd after ordering it on the 3rd once it arrived it would not connect to the net i did everything from updating drives trying restores uninstalls etc... but i would not connect. Finally i had to turn off my security and got it to connect however the connection only stays connected for 5 min to ~ an hour. No one else inside of my apartment is having this issue with the wifi and my older computer doesn't have a problem but my brand new one does? and i though that for me to upgrade from the standard Intel wifi card to the BigFoot kill n-1103 would be a good thing and improve my connection for any problem I might have. The wifi is the worst problem but i also have a dead pixel. However the most problematic thing is I have been trying to contact them from We 10/24 to up to today 10/30 I have e-mailed them once or twice, called and tried live chat several times with no help offered at all. This is just no acceptable behavior

modified review This review was modified by Draqo360 on November 01 2012 04:37:16 PM

"EDIT 2 (10/31/12): Literally 10 minutes after I edited this review, Jason gave me a call regarding my concerns with the customer service and helped me out with everything. He told me that Sager had gone through 40 different LCD replacements for my first RMA, and deemed my current LCD was the best one. Knowing that valuable information, I did not have to send it in again for an RMA. Jason also made sure my replacement keyboard was cross-shipped to be. I'm extremely glad XoticPC cares about customer feedback. I recommend them whole-heartedly!

EDIT (10/31/12): It's been two days since I've heard back from XoticPC's service regarding a second RMA. I'm somewhat disappointed in the fact that it takes them that long to even respond, let alone get issues resolved with Sager. I know they have limited hours and service staff, but I think two days without a response for setting up yet another RMA is somewhat disappointing.

I purchased a Sager NP9150 from XoticPC about two months ago. Everything went well, and it even arrived earlier than expected! Unfortunately, I had problems with the laptop right out of the box. First, the keyboard was defective and the LCD had screen bleed, so I swapped the keyboard and sent it in for an RMA for the LCD to be repaired. Customer service was great setting that up. However, I received the laptop back from that RMA a week ago, and the new LCD still has light bleed and the new keyboard is missing keystrokes. Again, XoticPC's customer service has been very helpful throughout these problems. My only gripe is that their customer service takes a while to respond and get issues resolved. I wish I could have gotten these issues resolved in a matter of a couple of days, instead of five days to a week. All-in-all, however, XoticPC is a great reseller offering great products at great prices. My issue really lies with Sager's quality control...

modified review This review was modified by jkel777 on October 31 2012 04:54:19 PM

"**************** UPDATE 10/29/12 ********************

This morning I finally was contacted by a manager by the name of "Jason" who was able to put this issue to bed. They are issuing a full refund and I can turn the page on this story. They even refunded the shipping cost which I certainly was not expecting! It seems that they do actually read these reviews and take action accordingly.

I really wish I had been able to speak to him earlier since it seems like he was quite capable of handling this situation in a swift and professional matter. If this review were on Jason alone then it would be 5 stars. Unfortunately the system is set up in such a way that it is difficult to get around initial service reps and actually talk to a manager. I'm still not happy with the overall experience of dealing with Xotic PC however I can say that I am very pleased that this did not have to any further than it did. Cheers to the managers at Xotic PC... perhaps a little bit more customer service training for the reps would save some headaches in the future.

********************************************************

INITIAL REVEW:

After ordering what I had expected to be the best possible laptop that money could build I am sorry to say that I am forced to walk away from this company with nothing. So nearly four weeks ago I placed my order for a highly customized, top or the line machine with many premium options such as copper cooling, rush build, ram, optical drive, wireless card, processor, etc... After paying for "rush" (advertised as 1-4 days) build it took them 4 days to even place the order and the then it took another 8 days for them to actually ship. The machine showed up on my birthday (YAY!) and would not even boot to the windows home page. After days of testing and back and forth with their service department they failed to return any phone calls and would take an average 8 hrs to return an e-mail. After several days of piss poor communication with "Eric" in the service dept. I finally realized that this was going no where, even if I kept doing all of the tests that he was suggesting it would have taken weeks to reach any sort of conclusion to this. After realising this I requested a return, only to be told that I would not be receiving a full refund on everything including the rush build charge. I find that to be particularly insulting considering that it took twice as long to build the machine as advertised. I have requested several times that an actual manager call me but either Eric is trying to save his own ass or the managers just don't care because so far no phone calls. I am still waiting for my refund and if it is not for the full amount that I paid I am going to be contacting the Better Business Bureau. This has been hands down the most frustrating shopping experience of my life and that is saying a lot.

modified review This review was modified by FavaChianti13 on October 29 2012 03:50:12 PM

"I purchased the new 16F3 with the GTX 675m. The Faq says most laptops ship from 4 to 9 days,I placed my order on 9/28/12 and it arrived yesterday, not exactly 9 business days.
The price changed on my select setup a few days into the build, I called they immediately offered me two options, add more upgrades or get reimbursed the difference. I decided on upgrades.
I requested for a second 500gb 7200rpm hard drive for raid 0 and upgraded the wifi card to my surprise however, they had replaced both my 500gb hard drives with 750gb models.

Overall the only 2 things that disappointed me was the build time and the Left arrow key had come undone from the keyboard, it was a pain getting it back in correctly.

"EDIT: So the legendary Jason that I've heard so much about on these reviews has contacted me like literally 8 minutes after I wrote this, and let me just say that if you get phoned in by him, you better be sure that he's gonna take care of you. In terms of their laptops, they are legit and well priced, but maybe there aren't enough support people to go around, and because of this things tend to take longer than they should. I'm just a bit saddened that it took a bad review to get things sorted out quickly...But it should say something about xotic in the fact that they actually care about what I have to say, so I'm quite happy about that.

Man I feel bad writing this but Xotic's support is pretty bad. So about 3 weeks ago my MSI laptop had a weird malfunction and it wont get past a certain screen. Now I have tried just about everything and that laptop had just been collecting dust this whole time! Now it might have been partially my fault for putting in the wrong serial to have it fixed under warranty but eventually they asked me to send them a photo of the laptop's sticker and I did...Its been about a week since that. There is no other way I could have screwed it up! I really need that laptop fixed and I haven't even sent it in yet!! Who knows how long its going to take after I send it in to get it fixed. My brother has a dell laptop and it literally takes them 2-3 days to send a technician over and get it working again. Now im not trying to compare dell and xotic because its obvious that dell has more manpower, but come on!...3 WEEKS!

jkahwaty's Avatar
Freehold, NJ

"My system is working better than expected, I use my MSI laptop for DJing and Karaoke hosting, I've had lots of compliments on my new laptop especially the keyboard and just as many inquiries about where to get one.
The computer came as expected and worked great right out of the box. The sales teams at Xotic PC lead me in the right direction and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

"*************** UPDATE ******************
Received a call from Jason immediately after the original post. He promised to air the part to me as soon as possible. It's evident that they care about customer's opinion/feedback.

*************** Original Post ******************
Think twice if you are purchasing computer from them for business use. Their customer service process is not streamlined for business users. To me, I want my problem solved on the spot when I call, not having the customer service rep directing customer to their web site to fill out a request. I don't blame the rep, simply bad process that value traceability of issues over satisfaction of customers.

modified review This review was modified by weilin8 on October 23 2012 12:01:21 PM

"Awesome service, very good ship and build times, and very helpful over the phone. They next time I need a new computer I won't hesitate to go to Xotic PC again."

"We have purchased two laptops from XoticPC over the last two years for members of our family. The selection is fantastic with the ability to take a specific laptop and customize it to suit your needs and wallet. If you have a sales related question, it will be answered promptly by knowledgeable and friendly staff with zero sales pressure. I am very restrictive with my praise for companies because, frankly, most are mediocre when it comes to customer service. XoticPC is one of the few exceptions. If you place an order with them, you are updated via emails every step of the way so you always know the exact current status of your order. You will not find a better group of people to do business with and more trustworthy."

"After much research Xotic had the best price for the laptop features I wanted. It was delivered within 10 days and is running great 4 months later. I would definitely order from them again. "

"I bought a Sager 9150 from Xotic about 4 months ago. I had never bought a fully custom "gaming" laptop before but since I am a power tech user for work and run many VMs, I convinced them to pay for "any machine I want". I choose Xotic largely on reviews I had read and decided to take the plunge. I ordered my machine with the AMD 7970m and there was an issue with AMD so that the card was delayed, but every time I asked Xotic for an update, they answered the phone, and actually checked for me. Not their fault that I bought a card right at its release and there was a delay, and their superior customer care made that grueling wait a lot less painful. When I received my machine I found that I had only 8G of 1600 MHz memory instead of 16G of 1333 memory., They immediately sent me 8G more of 1600 (so essentially gave me better memory for my trouble).

I just bought a 1440p monitor but before doing so, I needed to make sure that my PC could drive it, and they (for the 10th or so time) immediately gave me an answer with joyful disposition.

I personally prefer to buy emotionally important things like a car, pc, or contract work on my house from small and personal venues when fiscally possible and Xotic fits that bill. The bonus with Xotic is that their prices are as low as you can find. A++ for Xotic!

modified review This review was modified by McDaveM on October 14 2012 07:53:18 PM

"Ordered a laptop a few months ago from them and the whole process was simple and quick. I was updated regularly on the status of my order. When I received my computer everything worked right away and even 4 months later I have not had a single issue with it."

"The site needs a little bit more work (shopping process isn't completely without issue), but the service is great and well priced."

"Just wanted to update my original post. I received a call from their company tonight checking in with me and they double checked the order was shipped. I received a tracking number and they apologized for the problems I experienced. They also Discounted my overnight shipping to compensate for all the issues.

This shows me that they care about their customers and their reputation that they took the extra step to make things right. Next time I order I will have a more open time frame for a custom made system and use more of their in house services. Would definitely do business with them again.

modified review This review was modified by djcincy on October 11 2012 05:20:48 PM

"EDIT: Shortly after writing this review a supervisor followed up with me and provided a very reasonable explanation of where my order is in the production process and promised to ship it tomorrow. I will be satisfied if that happens, although I'm not sure why the customer service rep I've been going back and forth with for the past three days couldn't provide any of this information.

SECOND UPDATE: The supervisor who contacted me after I posted my original review was extremely helpful and apologetic. My laptop is finally on its way. I will reserve final judgment until it arrives, but for now I give Xotic's supervisors an A+ for customer service. There seems to be a fundamental problem, however, with their front line customer service reps' ability or willingness to provide information. In the end, my overall experience with Xotic feels like a wash at this point. I will probably give them another chance in the future, knowing not to waste time dealing with their frontline reps next time.

*********

I am shocked to see these guys have generally good reviews. I have had an absolutely horrible experience with them. I ordered a computer from Xoticpc on September 22 with the understanding that it would be shipped within a reasonable time. (Their web site boldly proclaims "MOST ORDERS SHIP IN 3-7 BUSINESS DAYS!") It has now been almost 3 weeks and after repeated e-mails they are unwilling to provide a ship date or to explain the delay. Worse, they have threatened to charge a 3% fee for cancelling my order. I will dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I'm sure I won't end up paying the fee, but this has been a huge inconvenience and waste of time. My current laptop has a faulty GPU which I have to reseat more and more frequently in order to get it to boot up. I have been in the lurch for three weeks now with no end in sight. I have asked them pointedly if they are waiting for a particular component but they refuse to give me any real answers ("testing," "building," etc.). Obviously it does not take 3 weeks to build or test a laptop, which leads me to believe they do NOT have it in stock (again) but were anxious to bill my credit card ASAP.

I should mention this is not my first bad experience with Xoticpc. I placed an order with them several months ago and they were similarly dishonest about when and if it would ever ship. At the time they attributed the delay to the model I ordered not being in stock, although that was not communicated until long after I had placed the order. Rather, they had sent several confirmations suggesting everything was on track. When I hadn't heard anything for several days I called to inquire and they told said, "Oh yeah, we don't have this in stock. We're not sure when it's going to come in." I asked why they advertised shipping within so-and-so number of days and they said, "Didn't you see the word 'pre-order' in 8-point font on the customization screen? That means there's no way to tell when it will ship." Great, thanks for letting me in on your hidden code after I've been waiting for a week already.

modified review This review was modified by burghblast on October 11 2012 09:11:19 AM

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,879 merchant members.