Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.89/10 8.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.47/10 9.47/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.72/10 8.72/10

What is this?

"Excellent company! I will be buying from this company again soon."

"First time ever buying a computer online, great experience with Xotic, and I will definitely buy from them again."

"Smooth order, quick delivery, love my sager np9370. I would definitely order again and recommend this company to friends and family."

"Fantastic quality and speed of service, have recommended to others already and will continue to do so in the future! The variety of services and products offered can't be beat."

"I've got nothing but good things to say about Xotic PC. Rigs by gamers for gamers done right. You won't go wrong choosing them for your next system."

"I purchased a stock ASUS G75VX-BHI7N09. It took over a week to receive and should not have taken that long due to xotic does not cover asus laptops under their warranty or support, "Xotic PC does not provide support or warranty for ASUS laptops, other than the upgrades we have installed." So there should have been no reason to open the laptop and test it yet they did. When I received the laptop it had been opened, screen was smudged, the usual LCD protector and keyboard protector were missing and one of the fan filter screens that come with the laptop had been damaged and is not usable now and of course xotic will not replace because it's not covered by them. Customer service is a joke, I spent three hours with their live chat open with no response and several emails with no response. This has been a bad experience and I nor anyone I know will ever buy from xotic again.

Update: I need to update my previous review. I have since been contacted by Xotic's customer service manager and the problems I had experienced with the product and services have been corrected. Downside is that they will keep harassing you until you change your review to their liking by offering you free stuff. They do not care about the customer they only car about their ratings. So I would still never purchase anything from them again.

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: 72858

Did you update the overall score? I still see a 1 out of 5?

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 1:44 PM
Subject: RE: 72858

Ok we receive auto updates as the merchant and it still shows as 1 star. Could you please log in and look at the overall star rating one more time for us? We would GREATLY appreciate it and I can send you another game code!

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 9:26 PM
Subject: RE: 72858

I still haven’t heard back from you on if you received the game code yet? I have been authorized to offer another game code for your time to log into resellerratings.com and change your overall rating of xotic PC to reflect the service that we have provided you. If you feel that we truly deserve the 1 out of 5 stars, please tell me what we can do for you to show you that we want to help you as a customer now and in the future if you have further issues?

I have also left a couple of messages and don’t want to bother you, just want to get your case resolved!

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 2:36 PM
Subject: RE: 72858

Ok, We are still showing it was changed to a 1 out of 5 today and not changed back to the 3. Did you change that today? I apologize for taking your time with this but it is very important to us as a company!

Best Regards,

In response to the Xotic post: You say I did not contact Xotic about the issues before writing my review and that your company tests all machines yet I was told by a member of your staff that stock machines do not get tested, so below are the email's to Xotic before I ever wrote a review. I do not write reviews until I first try to get issues resolved. I received my laptop on July 15th and I did not write the review until July 17th.

To: emily@xoticpc.com ;
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 12:30 PM

Order #: 72858

Hello,

I just received my laptop from Xotic and there is a damaged part that was caused by Xotic. I need a new part sent to me. The laptop had been opened and when your testing department put everything back in the box it was damaged. I have attached a picture of the damaged part.

Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 4:20 PM
Subject: 72858

Good afternoon, my name is Tanner and will be helping you with this issue. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your laptop. I looked you order and the testing done on your laptop would have been performed by ASUS as we do not typically open stock machines unless they are needed to be customized. Was there other indicators the laptop had been opened so I can go over with our production manager? With that being said, the speaker covers are made from very flexible metal and can be shaped very easy (I just went into the back and checked).

If you insist on a new part, I can ask the manufacturer if they will send one to you as we do not keep extra ASUS parts on hand.

To:Tanner - XOTIC PC Service Department ;
Sent: Tuesday July 16, 2013 7:01 AM

First off they are fan vent covers that work with the fan filter software, not speaker covers. The manufacturer tape seal on the asus box was open, the LCD screen protector that comes on all new laptop to protect the screen was gone along with the keyboard cover protector, and the antistatic bag that the battery comes in was also open, and the operating system had already been setup with a user account and logged in to. So yes your company opened the box and tested it. Since I paid for a new machine I expect a new machine free of defects and yet it came with a defective vent screen caused by your company, I will expect a new vent screen.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-23-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. We test all models and sorry a smudge was left on the screen. A spare fan filer was sent 2 Day Air to this customer at no charge. We were never notified of this concern prior to the review and are always here to help. Taking care of the customer is and always be our main objective.”

"All is well with my latest (of three) XOTICPC Sager laptop. There have been no problem issues and it is monstrously fast! My buying experience with XOTICPC was top notch as usual which is why I am a three time return customer. They answer questions quickly and knowledgeably. Their systems are more configurable than any other vendor I know of and I'm kept informed every step of the build process. When it's time for my next laptop, I'll buy from XOTICPC again."

"Great service.....quick delivery will order from them again soon"

"Ordering from Xotic PC, I got the sense that they really wanted my business. Immediately after ordering, I was contacted by a representative of the company who personally took me through the ordering process and kept me up to date on the status of my order.

Technical support at Xotic PC was a joy to work with, and that is no small feat. I appreciated not being asked the "idiot" checklist other companies put me through. In fact, the first suggestion from technical support was to open up my machine and remove the RAM sticks to see if one of them was bad (it was). Normally, I expect to have to go through the motions of answering questions like "Is it plugged in?". Xotic PC technical support cut straight to the meaningful questions and did not assume I was computer illiterate.

I shipped the bad RAM in question back to the manufacturer and received a replacement, but that's not Xotic PC so my rating does not reflect that. Xotic PC worked with me so that I knew the process for getting a replacement from the manufacturer.

"I purchased and Asus G55VW-DH71 for my son who has started production and recording school. Xotic customized the beast and optimized it for Windows 8. My son has been very pleased. I'm very pleased with the technical competence of the company, and they are VERY VERY good at communicating with the customer. I requested a configuration that just wasn't possible with Windows 8, and Xotic contacted me and clearly explained the issues. Had I tried to order all the extras, I would have had to return parts to wherever I ordered them. Xotic made this process almost painless!"

"Brief summary of previous review:

I purchased a MSI laptop with modifications through Xoticpc. After 6 months of ownership an unfortunate accident led to a liquid spill which was then followed by a yearlong series of nightmares trying to have the laptop properly fixed by MSI. Once the laptop was repaired and returned it continued to be possessed by many additional quirky problems which led to lengthy stays at MSI.

Xotic finally contacted me and I learned they had evidently tried a few times before to get in touch but due to the situation of being without a computer, as it was down almost a year, I unfortunately never received those emails. After talking with their representative at length they interceded with MSI on my behalf to have the gremlin infested evil machine replaced with a recertified upgraded model. They then took the additional step of working with me to help get the modifications I had made to the original laptop done on the newer one at a very reasonable cost so I wouldn't lose the items that made my laptop special.

Although my experience with Xoticpc did not seem to be in a good place for awhile they weathered the storm and my not so pleasant attitude, in order to help me find storm's end and another laptop that will hopefully be all I expected from the first one.

I would like to thank them for their diligence and persistence in dealing with me, the laptop and MSI.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-16-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. This customer had unfortunately spilled ice scream on their laptop and we helped the customer send it in for repair with MSI under their warranty (whom back the warranty of the laptop and the accidental protection). In addition to this we have helped this customer in every way we can and have went above their warranty to assist a valued customer.

We have been very polite and extremely timely with each and every one of the customers emails to us. This included paying for shipping expenses and replacing a hard drive when this customer was out of warranty. Additionally we also incurred additional expenses to double check MSI’s repair by bringing the machine to our facility to test it prior to shipping it to the customer, which it tested 100% successfully. It is unfortunate to see our efforts went unrecognized. This customer is now nearly 6 months outside of warranty & has chosen to bad mouth our Service Team that has was always bent over backwards to help and assist her on several occasions & with out of warranty items.

Unfortunately our willingness to help this customer not only are going unnoticed but are being criticized for concerns this customer ultimately has with the manufacturer of the laptop (MSI).”

"I have purchased two laptops from Xotic and I intend to continue! Their customer service is top notch and the products they provide are excellent. They are my vendor of choice for gaming computers."

"Exotic PC's product line is vast. I picked the Sager NP9130 for price point and good value. The web site should be more upfront about how the discounts apply or not apply when combined."

"Xotic PC was amazing. They were faster then their own predicted date. The Laptop I got from them is truely amazing; I haven't been this satisfied with a purchase in a long while. At each step of the order process a rep from Xotic would contact me to ensure that I was sure about a modification to the PC, and to let me know the computer was on it's way. After a few months they checked up on me, something I don't think I've ever had from a computer company. EXCELLENT! I will buy my next Laptop from Xotic; without doubt. "

"Xotic PC was with me every step of the way ordering my new laptop. They made sure that I received the most up to date equipment that would perform as I wanted. "

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,860 merchant members.