Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.47/10 9.47/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.78/10 9.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.34/10 9.34/10

What is this?

"I bought a Sager NP9170 from Xotic and I am very satisfied with the product and service, Alyson (the person in charge of my order) was always prompt to answer all my questions and requests (Except one time that they had some issues with their ISP), she always kept me up to date with all the status changes regarding my order. Regarding my product I'm completely satisfied, this is my second Sager computer (the first one was a NP8760 that I bought from PC Torque) and none of both has disappointed me (with the slight exception that I would like that big manufacturers would produce mobile video cards at more reasonable prices to upgrade laptops like these two). Regarding the skinning service provided from Xotic, it was really a good job, I was successfully able to make a custom diablo 3 laptop thanks to them, and they were very flexible when acceptin the custom design, I was able to create my custom design from scratch and send it with no problems or modifications to it. The final result was amazing. I'm totally satisfied :). Just as a recommendations, the only thing I would enhance is the international payment methods, I tried to use my international credit card and was declined, I tried to use my paypal account (international) and it was also declined, basically as international buyer the only option I have is to make a wire transfer, I would like to have more options when I'm paying :)"

"Update:
Immediately the next morning I was contacted by Jason, who was determined to fix the issues. He explained one of the supply problems (recalled by Samsung) and the delay in the shipment (failed mobo on the first system), then proceeded to offer upgraded shipping. After discussing it with his boss he was even able to throw in a free mouse. All in all, I have never experienced merchant responsiveness like this and am now very confident in the order and any future support I may need. With the speedier shipping the total time from order to receipt should fall right within the initially offered time frame.

Will update with further details as necessary after receipt.

Original Post:
I have heard great things both from my friends and online review sites (such as this one), so I decided to get my next performance laptop from Xotic. I ordered 3 weeks ago, and thus far have been disappointed. Initially, the websites lists an estimated 4-9 days to ship in the FAQ. Once they have your payment, this moves to 9-16 days. I am impatient, and that is annoying, but I can give them one for the first number being just an "estimate". However, 8 business days after I submit the order I am informed that both the ram and the SSD I chose were out of stock, and I was given some alternate choices. Apparently they had just looked at it, and I am confused as to why these components are still listed as choices for future customers. After exchanging six emails with three people telling them all the same thing (remove those components, I'll buy and install them myself which I obviously didn't want to do in the first place), the message seems to have been received and I was offered rush production (2-5 days) as compensation. Ok. That was now 8 business days ago, so I am beginning to question the integrity of a company that I sent a rather large sum of money to.

modified review This review was modified by gotcha201 on October 30 2012 03:09:25 PM

"I had a great experience with XoticPC, and customer service was great."

"Hello everyone,

I've been lurking these forums for several months in my search for a new laptop. This site has been an awesome learning tool for me, and I'm really grateful I found it. I was originally considering a budget gaming laptop from 800-1000 dollars when I heard about Clevo/Sager. I was immediately drawn to their simple, elegant styling and excellent hardware. I initally decided on an NP6165 with a few upgrades, and started looking at resellers here on NBR. I've read great things about several the resellers here: LPC, Mythlogic, among others, but I finally settled on Xoticpc.com after learning they were the largest Sager reseller in the country and seeing their great prices/discounts online. I placed my order for the NP6165 online, and within 9 days the laptop would be shipped to my door . The employees at Xotic were always gracious and helpful when I had questions or concerns, and I spoke with them often in the week leading up to me getting my 6165.

Well, like I said, my NP6165 arrived even sooner than I expected with regular ground shipping. The laptop was in perfect condition, with no fingerprints, dead pixels, or defects of any kind. It handled games well and ran cool and efficiently at idle and under load. I was very pleased with the product, so much so that I was beginning to regret not spending more money and getting a higher end model. After 3 or 4 great days with my new laptop, I called Xoticpc and spoke with Derek (awesome dude) about possibly returning my NP6165 for a refund and ordering something else. He advised me on the pros/cons of the other laptops in Sager's lineup, and helped me decide on a NP9150 with a 675M. The RMA process for sending back the first laptop was simple and painless, as was ordering the new laptop.

A few days after placing my new order, it entered phase 2 (sent to Sager for building.) That same day, I became aware that the new 675MX was available to preorder on Xoticpc's website. I really wanted to upgrade (again lol) but doubted I could because my laptop was already sent out to Sager. I called Derek just to ask and sure enough, he was able to contact Sager and change my order for me! I was really excited about the new laptop and gpu, but I would have to wait until the end of October for the 675MX to become available. As long as I had my old vaio to share with my girlfriend, I would be fine without the laptop for a month.

Well, in a cruel twist of fate, my vaio decided to overheat and die on me. Either I would be forced to buy a replacement for the broken vaio or change my gpu so my order could be completed quicker. I make a living by working off my computer, so I couldn't be without a laptop for a month.

Once again, I contacted Derek and he consulted me on options. I ended up changing my gpu to a 7970m, and Derek took care of working with Sager to change my order for the 3rd time lol. It takes some great customer service to be helpful, informative, and gracious, even when the same person has changed their order 3 times. Xoticpc.com has that customer service. They were willing to work with me through any problems that arose, and always courteous in doing doing so. In short, my experiences with them have been exemplary, and I wouldn't hesitate recomending them to anyone in the market for a Sager, Alienware, MSI, or any other custom laptop/pc.

tl;dr

The great guys at Xoticpc.com helped the most annoying customer in the world (me) get the perfect computer for my needs, and were extremely helpful even though I changed my order 30 times lol. Great prices, great customer service, and fast shipping. I couldn't be happier

"The matter has been resolved."

modified review This review was modified by AndrwC on October 06 2012 01:50:42 PM

"The laptop I ordered went into backorder, but with the help of Jason and Derek, one unit was scrounged up. I explained that I needed the unit urgently (would be relocating overseas soon) and Jason kindly offered to expedite the order (even covering the overnight shipping from the manufacturer), all at no cost to me.

The customer service is impeccable. Will update further when I receive the order, but by all indications so far, I highly recommend Xotic as the go-to place.

modified review This review was modified by Jayq85 on October 03 2012 09:59:47 AM

"Well it is been like 20+ business day since I ordered my laptop.And it is still not shipped.Customer service is keep saying we will ship it this time,that time.Last thing they said is it will go early this week.They also told me that I will have my computer before this weekend.Well seems like to get a decent service with shipping and building you have to add $49 to your order and buy rush build. Xoticpc may offer good prices but they're slow and they're not able to complete what they stated in their website.Also I got poor support from live chat all they were saying is we will ship it this time and they've never shipped it in the correct time.I will not going to buy from xoticpc again I will go to another website and will give $100 more for same system but at least I will get a decent service.

Edit: Jason emailed me after few minutes.Guess there was a misunderstanding.He was very patient and explained me the situation.There was a problem about the time that my wire arrived.He even offered me discounted shipping which I was the one 100% guilty in the situation.Excellent customer service.

modified review This review was modified by hdloader11 on October 02 2012 07:47:04 PM

"Update:

To their credit Jason from xotic got in touch with me within 15 minutes of me posting this review. It looks like at least in part, it was an MSI issue (xotic's primary rep at MSI was out sick, so the RMA requests they sent sat in his inbox). Jason said xotic would cover the shipping costs to MSI as well. Maybe I've been bought off, but I guess I'm ok with it. xotic is still a great company to work with for ordering machines; their sales reps are actually technically knowledgeable and informed about what is going on in the industry and at the company, and they have good prices, which makes for a great shopping experience. They just have some problems with transparency and prompt communication after the sale. I'd recommend them again, and will consider them when shopping in the future, but with reservations.

Original post:

I really wish I wasn't writing this review, because I used to recommend xotic to anyone looking for a notebook, but after the service experience during the build process and now not even 3 months later with a hardware fault, I just can't do that any more.

I pre-ordered 2 systems (waiting on the Kepler release from NVidia), a Sager NP9150 and MSI GE60. xotic did a reasonable job keeping me up to date on the status of the Kepler release and setting expectations for when I could reasonably expect my system. Unfortunately, once the machines were in production, things went south. The machines shipped separately, with the Sager shipping weeks after the MSI, but their order management system only allows for 1 status per order, so my Sager showed as 'shipped' (and the reps, even though they tried to get solid information, provided me incorrect or confusing information when asked) until it flipped to 'final customization and testing' when they got it in house from Sager. In which status it stayed for nearly 2 weeks, with no communications to me or status changes on the site, until I emailed the sales rep again, at which point all of the sudden it was finished and shipped. Maybe they had lost track of it on a shelf somewhere...

The machines showed up though, and I forgave the production mess. Until the MSI AC jack failed within 3 months of getting the machine.

First, I'll say I understand that the machine is warrantied through MSI, so there's some lag time when going through xotic for repairs. However, it doesn't excuse the sloth-like service I've been getting. I first reported the issue to the 24 hour support rep on 9/22. He said he couldn't do anything, but would leave a message with the support group and I should expect a message Monday morning. Monday afternoon rolled around, no message, so I contacted support again. They told me to fill in the RMA form on their site, so I did. 24 hours later, I got an email saying I filled the form in wrong (their documentation on what to provide as the S/N isn't exactly clear), so I replied with the updated information.

24 hours later, I got another email, and we had a bit of a back and forth about whether there was any way to get the RMA without sending the entire machine to MSI (with 3 weeks turn around time between shipping and repairs and me fully responsible for all shipping costs), but with 24 hours between each reply, came to the conclusion that I would have to round trip the whole machine to MSI. I got a response from xotic Friday morning saying that the rep was filing the RMA with MSI and I should expect some automated emails from MSI soon. Come Monday afternoon, no emails, so I email xotic again. No response by Tuesday 10/2 afternoon, so I call MSI directly, where the rep tells me that they don't even have an RMA record for my name or email registered. So over a week and a half of dragging their feet, xotic appears to have managed to drop the ball at least 2 or 3 separate times for a relatively simple situation, meaning that week and a half after I initially reported the hardware failure, I still have a bricked machine sitting in my living room, no RMA number, and the joy of looking forward to spending over $100 and waiting 3+ weeks to get a mobo replaced. This is the second time I've bought machines through xotic, and sad to say, probably the last.

modified review This review was modified by SRay24 on October 02 2012 11:44:29 AM

"Just to keep it simple. I received my laptop and after spending 4 hours on the phone with tech support it was determined that it was broken. I told xotic pc that I wanted to return the unit and they made me pay to ship it back. DO NOT buy a computer from them.

Ok, I have an update. Amazingly, Jason from customer service, emailed me within minutes of my posting the review and he was extremely interested in working out a resolution. I think it was unfortunate that it took my negative feedback to get their attention but once I did, Jason was very helpful. After offering me several options, he refunded the normally nonrefundable charges and even though I still had to pay to ship the unit back, they did meet me more than half way and they seemed eager to resolve the situation. I just wish that I didn't have to right the review to accomplish this. Bottom line, they are clearly a reputable company but make sure you know what the charges will be if you have to return your computer for any reason. Also, if you do have a problem, I would recommend talking to Jason directly as he is very helpful.

modified review This review was modified by Ccc1 on October 14 2012 11:39:12 AM
modified review Rep reply posted Oct-01-2012

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are speaking with the customer regarding his concern and both parties will be updating.”

"I really needed a new laptop for college/gaming, and went on the hunt... searched every website, newegg, tigerdirect etc... but Xotic PC had the best product for the price. I was thrilled with my order, and will defiantly do business with them again. Customer service is amazing. Thanks again Xotic PC!"

"Update (next day): The start of the business day after I posted this review, I got a call from Jason with Xotic. He has provided me a prepaid UPS label to get the system back to Xotic to fix the keyboard backlight, & they're upgrading the memory to compensate for all of the problems.

I find their resolution adequate.

Original review below.

---

The true measure of a computer company is not the sales experience, but the warranty experience after the sale. In this case, Xotic PC has failed miserably. I would certainly recommend against purchasing from them if you intend to customize an ASUS system.

I purchased a high-end ASUS laptop from Xotic in January, 2012, customized with upgraded CPU, upgraded WiFi, extra memory, and Xotic overclocking the GPU.

As time passed I had intermittent problems with an erratic touchpad. This rendered the system unusable by June. (External mouse is not an option for me.)

Xotic never made it clear until AFTER something had failed that I would have to pay shipping to them, so they could decustomize the system & send it on to ASUS for repairs; if I didn't do this, ASUS would pay for shipping both ways but would strip out all modifications I had paid for. After the first year, I'd have to pay shipping BOTH WAYS to & from Xotic in order to retain upgraded hardware. (I have emails from Xotic documenting that changes to their website to clarify this were not made until AFTER I'd complained.)

Once I decided to go ahead & pay for shipping to Xotic, I was told I'd have an RMA number within 24 hours. It took a week.

The system was out of my hands for 69 days; of that, at least 6 days were spent in shipping (no tracking for the system going from Xotic to ASUS). The system sat for 24 days at Xotic before being sent to ASUS. This is patently rediculous, as it took only 1 day to recustomize the system once they finally got it back from ASUS.

I had been promised before I purchased the system that if I had Xotic customize it, Xotic would go to bat for me to make sure there weren't problems with the system once it was returned. This statement appeared patently false, as there were problems when it came back that Xotic has failed to address. (Edit: This has now been resolved.)

The day I got the system back, I notified Xotic PC of 2 different problems that were not present when I shipped it to them. The second problem I figured out was software related & easily fixed, but when I told them that I'd fixed the 2nd problem, I also stated that the 1st (a hardware problem that wasn't broken before) remained.

I called about the 1st problem, & emailed later about the second. After sending them another email that I'd fixed the 2nd problem, I got a response timestamped before my resolution message with instructions that did not match the hardware on my system. (Edit: Matched a different system I'd purchased from them a year prior.)

When I called Xotic's "24/7 Service" line about the hardware broken during servicing, after it was established that the problem was hardware, not software, I was told I'd get a call back the next day.

That was Thursday evening. I have attempted to contact Xotic 3 more times since then, both by phone & email. It is now the following Wednesday as I write this and Xotic has failed to respond, or even acknowledge the problem in that time.

Beyond the issues with getting my system restored to full functionality, there are problems with the terms of the warranty that Xotic offers on customized components. Specifically, the terms are not defined other that a statement on their website stating that Xotic provides a 1-year warranty. I have learned since making this purchase that the Magnuson-Moss Federal Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2301 et seq.) requires that a fully detailed warranty including a clear definition of what is required for warranty support be avaiable both before the sale & included with the product. This has not been done.

Although Xotic has finally cleaned up their warranty pages to make it easier to understand the warranties provided by the manufacturers of the various systems that they resell & that the customer must pay shipping to Xotic for warranty work on customized ASUS systems, there is no place on their website that clearly indicates full terms applied to customized parts installed by Xotic into ASUS systems, & no such documentation was included with my system when it initially arrived.

The sales process itself it wonderful, with the most technically knowledgeable sales staff I've encountered in eighteen years of using notebooks. With my background in desktop PC tech support, this was a very pleasant change of pace.

The post-sales support, however, has been is a different beast. I stopped purchasing from one of the biggest names in the PC universe due to a history of their service department returning systems from factory service with newly broken components. I expected better from a boutique vendor as highly rated as Xotic PC, especially when they act as a middleman in the RMA process.

modified review This review was modified by Skarn on September 27 2012 04:35:11 PM

"I have left my previous review because I think that Jason over at XoticPC really took the initiative in solving my problem. I left the review at 9:30PM PST and received a phone call from Jason from Xoticpc 10 hours later. I can't thank him enough for solving my problem. He let me know that Sager was located close to me and he arranged for them to fix everything for me. I took my laptop to Sager, they fixed it within 2 hours, and I was on my way. The service tech seemed surprised when I told him that Jason at Xoticpc told me they would repair the system within a few hours, but once he looked it up in his system, he sent it back to service and requested his technicians to repair the system before they went to lunch. Jason really took care of me, and I can't thank him enough. I am currently installing the OS on my system and everything is working great. Don't hesitate to purchase from Xoticpc. The problem I had with my system is not common, and Sager assured me that they are always open to helping me with any additional issues I may have. Xoticpc was not at fault for this, and I am happy to have purchased from such a supportive company. I hope to do business with Xoticpc again in the near future. Thanks for everything. I have never been treated this well by a company, and I can't thank Jason enough.

Previous Review:
Xoticpc's customer service is great! Roland has been very helpful! I received my laptop today. It took just over 2 weeks, which is great. The complete experience has been great up until I opened the box. I noticed that the laptop was not branded, which made me a bit concerned that the laptop may not have the correct specifications. This, from what I can tell, is not the case as the BIOS states that the components are accurate. I contacted Roland immediately, and he suggested that I take a picture and send it over to support@xoticpc.com. I did so, but then realized that the A/C adapter stopped functioning after about 3 minutes. Luckily, the laptop had a slight charge, which allowed me to verify that it would properly power up. At this point, I called Roland and he suggested that I e-mail support with the updated information. I did so, but have not received a reply. This is likely due to the fact that I e-mailed them only 20 minutes before they closed for the day. I attempted to contact support over the telephone in order to find out whether these issues involved me mailing the entire laptop back or not. I found out that there is not way to contact Xoticpc's support over the phone. At this point, I am frustrated. I understand that the A/C adapter issue is nobody's fault, although I noticed that the system was not tested by XoticPC. The box was shipped from sager to Xoticpc, and then to myself. The box was not opened by Xoticpc which means that they never tested the system. Again, this is not Roland's fault, but likely a quality control issue. The laptop has some marks on the finish near the mouse pad, which may have been caught if the laptop were checked by Xoticpc. Either way, I'm sure this will all be taken care of, but at this point, I am frustrated. I'm sure Xoticpc will take care of the issues, and I will update this review as things progress.

modified review This review was modified by blyss on September 27 2012 07:26:19 PM

"First time buyer with Xotic PC. Everything went great. Xotic staff was fantastic in answering questions. I got a great gaming laptop for a reasonable price with fast on time delivery.
I will look to Xotic for future pc / laptop needs.

"Exceeded expectations - XoticPC went above and beyond to make this customer happy.

Prior to ordering with them, I decided to buy a laptop prior to a trip I was going on in about a month. I had cancelled orders from 2 of their competitors due to poor customer service, opaque visibility on order statuses, and ultimately their inability to ship it to me by the date I needed it by.

With much skepticism, I began chatting with Josh K, and I laid out my expectations that needed to be met in order for me to commit to them. Josh K spent over 1.5 hours on chat with me answering all my questions, checking their local inventory to ensure there would be no delays,and ultimately assuring me I could get the laptop within the time frame I wanted (if I paid extra for rush build). His hard work and research convinced me to commit to a purchase.

Despite this great experience, I was still concerned I would get my laptop in the time frame I asked for - I had wasted a week trying their competitors, and now only had a 1.5 week window to get my laptop. Thankfully, Josh M did a great job of being transparent with the process, and was always willing to answer my calls and correspond through email.

The only hiccup in the whole process was that my SSD was, in fact, out of stock, but after a quick phone call from Josh K (Josh M brought him back into the order), we were able to substitute another fairly similar SSD, and despite this, amazingly, I got my computer a full day ahead of when I expected.

Total time from order to having a fully functional custom laptop: 9 days, or 7 business days - including shipping (which was free).

Very satisfied customer, and will not only be shopping here again, but will be recommending it to friends and colleagues.

"I am immensely impressed by XoticPC.com. They are an extraordinary company and anytime I am in the market for a computer, I will go to them first. Everyone I have worked with at XoticPC has been knowledge, responsive, and friendly.

When I bought my computer, they answered every question I had and offered relevant suggestions and sage advice. A few months later they followed up with an inquiry to ask if I was satisfied. And when I had a minor warranty related issue, they responded to me late at night on a Friday and provided me an immediate solution.

I wish every company was as pleasurable to work with. XoticPC really stands out, plus their prices were reasonable and competitive.

If their office was not so far away from my, I'd probably visit just to give them a big hug!

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.