Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.15/10 9.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.59/10 9.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.84/10 8.84/10

What is this?

"One of the worst customer service experiences of my life. Leading to a complete mistrust on on-line shopping, a loss of faith in traditional customer service values, a computer without an operating system, and not to mention nearly 600 dollars in hidden fees. If shopping, please learn from me, and take your business elsewhere.

Update: Being called a bad customer (indirectly) and attempted to be bought off with a video game code....

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-21-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of your frustration. On all Canada orders our processing team sends personal updates explaining that customs/duties/taxes will need to be paid on Canada shipment at the time of delivery to their local government. These fees are not charged by our company, however we do everything we can to inform our customers and be 100% transparent of this to set the proper expectation on outside of United States shipments. Additionally when a operating system is not selected our processing team sends a courtesy email that it was not selected, in case that was not intended by the customer. In this case the customer received both updates via email immediately after the order was processed and the customers did not reply to either update.”

"I ordered my new laptop through Xotic PC, I had a few minor customizations done to the standard build of the computer. I was kept informed of the status of my order through email and quite pleased with how easily the process and dealing with them was.

Would purchase with them again.

"I was referred to XoticPC in 2010 by a fellow gamer. After dealing with other gaming PC companies, I was skeptical. The service I received was exceptional. Speedy service and the representatives were quick to answer my questions. The first laptop I received was in great condition and still runs like a champ after 4 years. My second laptop is of the same brand (Sager), again I received outstanding service. When I asked for a service manual to upgrade my hard drive, I got it the next day. I highly recommend XoticPC over the competition. Prices are fair and they have many PC's to choose from. I can't say nothing about their desktops though as I have only bought laptops. But I can bet you that the customer service and product will be just as great. "

"XOTIC pc staff are the friendliest i have ever met. They take the time to get to know you, and really try to make things work for you. Even after chatting for an hour or more, my representative never got impatient. It was the excellent staff that makes me want to keep shopping there and why i recommend all my friends to them. "

"I am very happy with my computer from Xotic PC. The ordering was simple and informative. The delivery was as promised. "

"Very pleased with my gaming MSI GT70 DominatorPro-890 solid state HD. Very satisfied and well spent money on this sleek laptop. Future proof as well is a plus!

Great customer service and very attentative any issues or concerns over the order. Highly recommend and will look forward for future purchases!

Thanks XOTICPC

"XoticPC staff were helpful and communicative during the ordering, building, shipping, and post sale time frames.

I received exactly what I ordered. My laptops arrived safe and sound. The extra cooling upgrades keep my laptops nice and cool. I was also pleasantly surprised when the company wrote to me many months after the transaction to ensure i was still happy with my product.

All in all i plan to do business with them again in the future once its time for yet another upgrade.

"Wonderful. I got my PC quickly after many changes, they were friendly and professional. I have had my new laptop for almost a year now and it is still working like it was the day I got it. The quality is top notch and the service is top notch. They even checked up on me 6 months later just to make sure I was still happy with them.
I have since referred all my friends who are looking for new computers to them! and I will go to them again for sure in the future

"Great website, smooth buying process, well packed, and delivered as expected. Would not hesitate to recommend this vendor to my friends."

"OK, so I am not the happy customer I see others have been, though amazingly there are a number of not so happy customers until they pitch a fit on this site... Maybe it is just me, but I think the whole experience was frustrating at best.

Lets start with purchase. March 21, 2014 of an "Executioner" desktop gaming box.

OK, selected desired items and submit order. Followed by wiring payment AND "Rush Production" which merely means 200 bucks more and they ship it when they ship it. "Phase 1" began 3/26 with the statement "For RUSH Production it may take up to an estimated 2-5 business days before your system ships. Inventory (parts) allocation is NOT included in this estimate (Rush Production will ensure your order goes through production much faster." Of course then there is: "on 3/31 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-4 business days for shipment" Phase 2 And on 4/1 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-3 business days for shipment"Phase 4 And on 4/4 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-2 business days for shipment" Phase 5
also on 4/4 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-2 business days for shipment" Phase 6"

Anyone else as bad with math as ME??? Then I get the following explanation for further delays for shipping - "It is finished and ready to go, but the means of packing it for secure shipment isn’t working right at the moment and we didn’t want to ship the ship the machine and risk damage to the components inside. We’re trying to get it fixed ASAP but the chemicals that mix to form the foam aren’t mixing right and not forming correctly. Trying to get an ETA as to when the white glove packing machine is to be fixed, but we’re waiting on response from our vendor as to when they’re going to be able to come in to do so."

So eventually the computer (desktop) arrives. April 15, BTW.
Un-crate the thing and already there is an issue, absolutely nothing happens... Call for their assistance, putter around a while, and discover their wonderful over packing managed to unseat the motherboard. OK, fine, get the thing working.

Couple weeks later, it is not working. After discussions with help, it is presumed the cooling system is the issue. Fine, now we have the choice of shipping the WHOLE thing back for about 100 bucks, MY expense, or shipping the part back so they can "test" it and if necessary replace it. So I ship the part back and hear NOTHING until it appears weeks later without a BTW from Xotic. Fine, replace cooling system. And.... Nothing.

I am absolutely frustrated at this point, as my son is taking his computer related courses that the computer was SUPPOSED to be used for. Needless to say, he is now using a new ASUS laptop we bought to temporarily replace the malfunctioning box. After long discussions with Xotic, the whole desktop box was shipped back. Yup, more cost to the consumer, hundred bucks flushed... lovely.

Again, time passes (August 15 now folks) and I am just now (after harassing emails) told they are sending another RMA, costing ME yet another hundred bucks to ship the box back.

Honestly I am so frustrated with it I dont even think I want the box back! I will say, I can assure everyone that I will most definitely not be giving positive reviews to the gamers, students or coworkers. Instead I will tell people to run to an alternate. There are way too many choices out there to put up with these issues.

Rain in WV

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-20-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We humbly apologize for any frustration incurred. We have reached out to this customer and are working with them towards a solution.”

"Fantastic people to work with, excellent customer service. I will be ordering from them again for sure"

"Usually when I'm shopping online or in a store for most anything, I don't expect great customer service. I started my laptop shopping with some research that lead me to Xotic PC. I then proceeded to post on the forums where I got some great help from the community, but also a direct response from an Xotic PC employee on the forum and direct email communication helping me out. I had many back and forth emails with their customer service rep helping me get all the details I wanted and needed in my new machine. THe ordering process went smooth, and the update emails as my computer went through the phases was oustanding! I can't say enough about the quality product and customer service that Xotic PC delivers to their customers."

"The service was excellent, I can honestly say that if you buy here you will not be disappointed. The prices and upgrade options make it, at least for me, the best site where you can buy a computer.
Very satisfied costumer

"Bought a Sager laptop from them. i forgot to check a box at checkout about free shipping and free game. no problem. emailed their customer rep and she offered to retroactively take off the amount for shipping and gave me a steam key for another game.
this is AFTER they already had my money. that, folks, is how you get loyal customers who enjoy the experience of shopping with them. oh and their customer reps are super friendly.

it's hard to overstate satisfaction. what a triumph! huge success!

"I have to say the service through Xotic PC has been spectacular to me! The customization allowed for me to get the exact laptop I wanted with every feature i could desire. My laptop truly is top of the line and I couldn't be more satisfied with its overall performance, along with the looks to match."

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,849 merchant members.