Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.08/10 9.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.57/10 9.57/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.32/10 8.32/10

What is this?

"I ordered a Sager NP9377 (Clevo P377SM-A) from Xotic PC several months ago fro my college and gaming needs. I couldn't be more pleased with both their product, quality control/assurance, and their customer service. They kept me posted throughout the ordering process, and continued to check up on me for a long term assessment of their product. The guys at Xotic PC are great! You can easily reach them by email (expect a quick reply)."

"Customer service was excellent. The laptop arrived with one major and some minor problems and all were resolved in a very satisfactory way through Xotic.

Very likely that my next computer will be from them.

"I have nothing but praise for Xotic PC -- from the customer service and timeliness to the functionality of the product itself. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for gaming PCs/laptop options."

"They were very friendly and helpful, the purchase process did have a few snags- they ran out of one part I ordered in between the order and some payment troubles. However, the people were always helpful and we eventually got it all solved."

"The service I received from Xotic PC was fantastic. At every point of the process I knew where my laptop and its components where, and I knew the name of the person working on it. I wish all of my custom laptop purchasing experiences went as well as my purchase from Xotic PC"

"When I called there wasn't any long wait time and they were helpful and answered all my questions to the point. I bought a sager laptop and I am very pleased with it as well. Their prices are hard to beat for what you get to pick and choose. You don't see that with the big names like dell,hp ect. That's the main reason I went with them. They did a good job with shipping considering they make ur item from scratch only took a couple weeks and the direct payment option is nice. Definitely will come here when i save up for a PC "

"Service from Xotic PC was exceptionally good. Frequent updates were provided during the assembly process. Any questions were addressed within 24 hours, responses were clear and helpful. They followed up after a few months, on the performance of the laptop i purchased, to make sure there were no issues. All-in-all I've been hugely impressed at the service and high-standard of care displayed by Xotic PC!"

"My Sager Laptop came within 2 weeks and I've been using it since. No problems so far."

"After many hours of researching the best value for my new gaming laptop I decided to go with a Sager from Xoticpc. Their site/service is top notch, Their online support was always quick to answer questions. They processed my order very quickly and before I knew it there was a beast of a machine on the delivery truck. It came in perfect condition and has performed flawlessly. Will definitely use XoticPc in the future."

"I have bought several machines from this vendor and always have great service and support. The machine I'm referencing in this order was chosen so that I could customize at minimal upcharge to improve a few components that would not have been available from the OEM seller. Xotic was also able to recommend changes to the configuration based on their repair/complaint experience. However, there was not a hard upsell and the recommended component was only around $20."

"I received an Alienware 17 that did not work. The screen was completely black. After an extensive run-around I was referred to Alienware for repairs. When I returned the computer to Alienware (Dell) via an RMA, I was then told it was 3rd party equipment and not under warranty. They refused to repair the system. I still have not heard back from Xotic PC.

Update: In response to this review I have now heard from an executive at Xotic PC who says he will take care of this situation. I will leave the numerical ratings as they are until he has a chance to make good on that promise.

Update: I've now cancelled the order. If you feel you must work with this company, don't take the bait and use the 3% discount for cash payment. My credit card company's dispute resolution process was the only leverage I had. That and sharing the truth about Xotic PC through this type of forum.

Also, if you must buy from Xotic PC, please be aware that their warranty isn't really THEIR warranty. The COO of Xotic PC told me (via e-mail, so I have documentation) that they don't sell warranties, those are just the warranties of the original manufacturer. That means that if the manufacturer even agrees to work on the "3rd party" system, the only components they will replace/repair are the original manufacturer's parts. That is, Xotic PC doesn't warrant the very components you are going to them to get -- all the "upgrades".

Be very careful if you order from Xotic PC. And document EVERYTHING. Hopefully you'll get lucky.

btw: I really don't understand the 9.77/10 ratings of Xotic PC on this site. Given my experience, those superlatives have to have been "massaged".

/////
In response to the recent comment by Xotic PC, I feel it necessary to add a couple of comments.

(1) Their representative told me the problem was the screen (a 3rd party component) and that there was a recently developing problem ("3 cases this past weekend"). That explanation was later reversed by their Service Manager who said there were no such cases of a "compatibility problem". He went on to say that the previous technician had apparently been "trying to steer" me back to the stock (Dell) screen (which I didn't want).

(2) As a reseller, Xotic PC shouldn't force their customers to deal with Xotic PC's suppliers. If a hard drive failed would I have to contact their supplier of hard drives? If the [fill in the 3rd party component] failed would I have to contact their supplier of that component? Why should I have to deal with Alienware when I bought the system from Xotic PC. What they should have done (in my opinion) is (a) have the system sent back to them (not Dell); (b) verify the severity of the defect (there is no evidence that it was due to shipping, btw); (c) build me a new system by placing components from the old system into the new system and verifying that it/they worked properly; (d) sent me the new/working system ASAP; and (e) dealt with Alienware to remedy the problems discovered with that first system.

In other words, the defect(s) were between Xotic PC and Alienware. instead, they threw me down the rabbit hole so that I had to listen to the "it's the other guys' fault".

It's good that Xotic PC can feel like they did everything this could in this case. I strongly disagree. You as a potential customer of this organization will draw your own conclusions.

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-10-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We sincerely apologize for the issues this customer experienced in result of a unfortunate shipping damage. We were more than happy to resolve the issue urgently and had it overnighted to Dell to fix the issue. We understand the frustration involved in such a situation and treated it with the utmost urgency and executed service in under 48 hours. Unfortunately we are being graded more on the inability to provide a free of charge $300 3 Year Warranty to the customer because of this shipping damage. We tried to work with the customer and offered an extended warranty on XOTIC PC components or a discounted Dell warranty. The particular warranties for Alienware machines are specifically Dell warranties. We purchase these directly from Dell to cover their components and as listed on our website, custom components are covered by XOTIC PC. Ultimately we proceeded with giving this customer a 100% refund, no restocking fee's or anything as the customer would have been subject to.”

"In May of 2014 I ordered a Sager NP6658 (Clevo W650SJ) laptop from XoticPC. I was very happy to have the ability to customize the laptop to suit my needs (in particular, to have higher quality thermal paste used on the CPU and selecting Windows 7 for the OS). The customized laptop arrived when promised and in great shape. A minor issue with updating Blu-Ray player software was handled promptly and enthusiastically by the Xotic PC staff. Overall I have been impressed with Xotic PC's competent and prompt customer service (outstanding and very personable, IMO). I was very happy with Xotic PC's customer service and will undoubtedly purchase from them again."

"Xotic was brought to my attention by a friend who was also looking to order a custom laptop. I was wary at first since many custom built systems are more expensive. However, after looking around they truly had the best deal for what I got. My specs include an i7-4700MQ, GTX 860M, 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive, 128GB ssd to put windows and a few games on, 16GB ram. All this plus a few smaller features only came to $1200 for me which was an excellent deal. Throughout the order and build process, they emailed me and chatted with me to make sure all my questions were answered. They even followed up monthes later seeing how my system was now and if I needed anything! Hands down the best service I have ever recieved from a company."

"I was very impressed by how easy it was to navigate the interface to customize my laptop. The options to learn more about the individual customizations were also quite nice."

"I didn't have much trouble with the ordering or shipping process. The process was slightly delayed because they don't accept Capital One credit cards, and the discount for a cash (check) purchase was a bit confusing. But the correspondence I had with customer service was positive and helpful. Everything arrived as expected. I was nervous about spending $2000 on an internet purchase, so I wanted to be confident that I was buying from a trustworthy source, and after my experience with XOTIC PC I think it is a safe place to buy a laptop with good customer support."

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,909 merchant members.