Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.16/10 9.16/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.59/10 9.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.84/10 8.84/10

What is this?

"Earlier this year I found that my older computer was having too many issues to continue dealing it. So i started shopping around and remembered that my roommate had purchased a computer from a reseller that did custom laptop builds. After a large amount of research I ended up choosing Xotic PC to purchase my current computer. Once my purchase was made it took less than two weeks before I received it. So given the choose to do it all over again, I would definitely chose Xotic PC again."

"I bought one laptop 4 months before, and now everything goes very well. The customer service is also great."

"Great Service, machine met my expectations. Great help in deciding on how to lay out the machine. Will be my first choice in buying a new machine. "

"I just wanted to share my experience with anyone who might be interested in using this company in the future, and stop them before they deal with the nightmare that I have had.

With my boyfriend’s birthday approaching, I saw he had saved a computer he was looking into in the cart for XOTICPC. I thought I’d be a good girlfriend and get him this super expensive 2300 laptop for his birthday. This wasn’t a small purchase; it’s an expensive custom item.

I placed the order on Sunday afternoon and didn’t get the usual “we have received your order type” of deal. I was a little nervous, but it’s Sunday so maybe it’ll come tomorrow. Monday- my boyfriend gets an email from an employee Kat stating he didn’t select some option. A) All components are atomically defaulted as stock with an option to update, so how ANYTHING COULD BE MISSING? That makes me unsure if what I actually wanted changed came across. I immediately called and emailed Kat and requested no further contact with him as it was a surprise.

20 minutes later he received another email asking for his credit card info, for the order I PLACED. Again he was contacted for his surprise. I called Kat again and asked if I could provide the info over the phone to prevent any further emails from reaching my boyfriend. She stated I needed to place a false order online to provide the information. Inconvenient, but I did it.

The next morning, Tuesday, I called to make sure that my “false order” was deleted, that CC information was received and to make sure everything was set. Because Kat was unavailable I spoke with a gentleman named Derek and he assured me that my order was fine and that it would be shipped in 9-16 days. I was at ease. THEN at 3:36, I received a phone message from Kat stating she needed my email address regarding my credit card, which she already had, in order to communicate with me further. At 3:39 my boyfriend receives an email stating that my order was cancelled?! WTF?! How many people do I need to speak with via phone to complete an ONLINE order?!
It was clearly no longer a surprise, so when he received the email he was concerned and forwarded it to me immediately. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY DON’T CALL/EMAIL HIM? I was furious, and attempted to call Kat, but the office was closed 1.5 hrs head of schedule. I left a voicemail demanding an explanation, but received to call back. I was later told by Kat that she called me after hours, which I don’t see possible, as she was closed early. BUT WHY WOULD YOU CONTACT SOMEONE REGARDING THEIR ORDER AFTER HOURS WHEN YOU KNOW THERE IS NO WAY OF COMING TO A RESOUTION.
Kat called back the following day stating she didn’t cancel my order and she sent him that email to try and keep it a surprise. WHAT?! I SAID NO MORE COMMUNICATION! She also stated she needed my email address so I could send a copy of my credit card for verification. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO THAT WITH AN ONLINE ORDER! And if she knew she would need a copy why was it necessary that I place a false order online for verification that I actually held the card? Why couldn’t I just send a copy originally? This flew up a red flag for me so I immediately cancelled my credit card.

I don’t know what type of operation they are trying to run, but I am not going to get scammed. Also, no my boyfriend will have no gift, and I’ve had to go through the hassle of cancelling all info associated with this company, as I feel my identify and security might be in danger.

Seriously the amount of stress regarding this order is astonishing. I have no idea how they are still in business. They didn’t get my order requests or credit card, cancelled my computer order instead of my false order, CONTINUOUSLY contacted the receiver of my gift after I explicitly request otherwise, and in the end, I still have no computer. I would rather buy a stock dell, then use this stupid company again.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-25-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. We are currently working with this customer on her order. This customer placed an order under her boyfriend’s name and didn't want any communications sent to him to keep it a surprise. Unfortunately we were unaware of this until afterword’s and communicated with the email address as supplied when she placed the order. We tried to help the customer by sending a update to the boyfriend the order was “cancelled” so this customer could still surprise her boyfriend. Unfortunately this customer didn't realize we were doing this to help her out with the surprise. We are presently working with her on the order. We anticipate an update soon.”

"I recently ordered an MSI gs60 ghost pro-052 from Xotic PC with a couple customizations. During the choosing process, Derek was extremely helpful, responding to all my questions quickly. I actually took quite a while (A month or two) to make up my decision on the configuration, and Derek was patient and helpful throughout the process. Xotic PC also let me price match the computer to get me free IC Diamond, although the other company was still a bit cheaper, they charged tax to California residents. I ordered my laptop on the 18th (I think) and it is currently (8/20/14) in the process of gathering inventory for the upgrade. I need the computer by the 25th, and since there is a weekend between now and the time I need it by, I am a bit worried that it won't arrive in time. However, this is not Xotic PC's fault, since I ordered a bit late and the process takes a long time. I hope it will arrive on time, and will not cancel the order, because I have faith in Xotic PC's amazing customer service. FYI, I did order a rush build.
Still waiting on an estimated ship date...

Update #1: Derek replied, saying that it would probably arrive on the 27th or 28th, which is past when I need it, may have to change the shipping or use a different laptop while this one ships. Dang it, UPS! I guess there's nothing I can do besides pay $119 just for 1 day shipping. I could buy a phone with that kind of money!

Update #2: Well, I decided to not upgrade shipping and let it arrive whenever it did. It is still in phase 2 as of 8/21/14.

Update #3: Wow, it was on phase 2 yesterday, and I woke up this morning with about 7 emails from Xotic PC. The status went from 2 all the way to 7 in just one morning. And now I see where rushed build comes in. The package has been shipped, and UPS is sending it! Thanks, Xotic PC!

"One of the worst customer service experiences of my life. Leading to a complete mistrust on on-line shopping, a loss of faith in traditional customer service values, a computer without an operating system, and not to mention nearly 600 dollars in hidden fees. If shopping, please learn from me, and take your business elsewhere.

Update: Being called a bad customer (indirectly) and attempted to be bought off with a video game code....

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-21-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of your frustration. On all Canada orders our processing team sends personal updates explaining that customs/duties/taxes will need to be paid on Canada shipment at the time of delivery to their local government. These fees are not charged by our company, however we do everything we can to inform our customers and be 100% transparent of this to set the proper expectation on outside of United States shipments. Additionally when a operating system is not selected our processing team sends a courtesy email that it was not selected, in case that was not intended by the customer. In this case the customer received both updates via email immediately after the order was processed and the customers did not reply to either update.”

"I ordered my new laptop through Xotic PC, I had a few minor customizations done to the standard build of the computer. I was kept informed of the status of my order through email and quite pleased with how easily the process and dealing with them was.

Would purchase with them again.

"I was referred to XoticPC in 2010 by a fellow gamer. After dealing with other gaming PC companies, I was skeptical. The service I received was exceptional. Speedy service and the representatives were quick to answer my questions. The first laptop I received was in great condition and still runs like a champ after 4 years. My second laptop is of the same brand (Sager), again I received outstanding service. When I asked for a service manual to upgrade my hard drive, I got it the next day. I highly recommend XoticPC over the competition. Prices are fair and they have many PC's to choose from. I can't say nothing about their desktops though as I have only bought laptops. But I can bet you that the customer service and product will be just as great. "

"XOTIC pc staff are the friendliest i have ever met. They take the time to get to know you, and really try to make things work for you. Even after chatting for an hour or more, my representative never got impatient. It was the excellent staff that makes me want to keep shopping there and why i recommend all my friends to them. "

"I am very happy with my computer from Xotic PC. The ordering was simple and informative. The delivery was as promised. "

"Very pleased with my gaming MSI GT70 DominatorPro-890 solid state HD. Very satisfied and well spent money on this sleek laptop. Future proof as well is a plus!

Great customer service and very attentative any issues or concerns over the order. Highly recommend and will look forward for future purchases!

Thanks XOTICPC

"XoticPC staff were helpful and communicative during the ordering, building, shipping, and post sale time frames.

I received exactly what I ordered. My laptops arrived safe and sound. The extra cooling upgrades keep my laptops nice and cool. I was also pleasantly surprised when the company wrote to me many months after the transaction to ensure i was still happy with my product.

All in all i plan to do business with them again in the future once its time for yet another upgrade.

"Wonderful. I got my PC quickly after many changes, they were friendly and professional. I have had my new laptop for almost a year now and it is still working like it was the day I got it. The quality is top notch and the service is top notch. They even checked up on me 6 months later just to make sure I was still happy with them.
I have since referred all my friends who are looking for new computers to them! and I will go to them again for sure in the future

"Great website, smooth buying process, well packed, and delivered as expected. Would not hesitate to recommend this vendor to my friends."

"OK, so I am not the happy customer I see others have been, though amazingly there are a number of not so happy customers until they pitch a fit on this site... Maybe it is just me, but I think the whole experience was frustrating at best.

Lets start with purchase. March 21, 2014 of an "Executioner" desktop gaming box.

OK, selected desired items and submit order. Followed by wiring payment AND "Rush Production" which merely means 200 bucks more and they ship it when they ship it. "Phase 1" began 3/26 with the statement "For RUSH Production it may take up to an estimated 2-5 business days before your system ships. Inventory (parts) allocation is NOT included in this estimate (Rush Production will ensure your order goes through production much faster." Of course then there is: "on 3/31 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-4 business days for shipment" Phase 2 And on 4/1 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-3 business days for shipment"Phase 4 And on 4/4 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-2 business days for shipment" Phase 5
also on 4/4 "If you have purchased Rush Production please allow 1-2 business days for shipment" Phase 6"

Anyone else as bad with math as ME??? Then I get the following explanation for further delays for shipping - "It is finished and ready to go, but the means of packing it for secure shipment isn’t working right at the moment and we didn’t want to ship the ship the machine and risk damage to the components inside. We’re trying to get it fixed ASAP but the chemicals that mix to form the foam aren’t mixing right and not forming correctly. Trying to get an ETA as to when the white glove packing machine is to be fixed, but we’re waiting on response from our vendor as to when they’re going to be able to come in to do so."

So eventually the computer (desktop) arrives. April 15, BTW.
Un-crate the thing and already there is an issue, absolutely nothing happens... Call for their assistance, putter around a while, and discover their wonderful over packing managed to unseat the motherboard. OK, fine, get the thing working.

Couple weeks later, it is not working. After discussions with help, it is presumed the cooling system is the issue. Fine, now we have the choice of shipping the WHOLE thing back for about 100 bucks, MY expense, or shipping the part back so they can "test" it and if necessary replace it. So I ship the part back and hear NOTHING until it appears weeks later without a BTW from Xotic. Fine, replace cooling system. And.... Nothing.

I am absolutely frustrated at this point, as my son is taking his computer related courses that the computer was SUPPOSED to be used for. Needless to say, he is now using a new ASUS laptop we bought to temporarily replace the malfunctioning box. After long discussions with Xotic, the whole desktop box was shipped back. Yup, more cost to the consumer, hundred bucks flushed... lovely.

Again, time passes (August 15 now folks) and I am just now (after harassing emails) told they are sending another RMA, costing ME yet another hundred bucks to ship the box back.

Honestly I am so frustrated with it I dont even think I want the box back! I will say, I can assure everyone that I will most definitely not be giving positive reviews to the gamers, students or coworkers. Instead I will tell people to run to an alternate. There are way too many choices out there to put up with these issues.

Rain in WV

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-20-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We humbly apologize for any frustration incurred. We have reached out to this customer and are working with them towards a solution.”

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,851 merchant members.