Xotic PC Reviews - page 62 - xoticpc.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.39/10 1,692 reviews

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.

What is this?

All Customer Reviews (1,694)

"It's been over two weeks since I received my SAGER NP9170/CLEVO P170EM. First off, this thing is a beast. Granted that I spent a little more than I wanted but that is because I wanted the SSD. It was totally worth it because it only takes 10 seconds to boot up and about that to shut down. With the AMD ATI RADEON 7970M it can handle just about any game at full 1080p in near max settings and runs fairly cool for being such a beast. When playing graphics intensive games the fans start spinning pretty loud but the sound on the system is decent (plus I usually use headphones so I barely notice it). If I had one gripe it would be that it switches to integrated graphics to save power unless you specifically switch that particular game to use high performance as opposed to power saving mode. If you want to save a little money I recommend skipping the SSD (if you don't mind waiting a little longer for boot times). Doing so you can buy this at around 1500 (which isn't bad for a desktop replacement). Xoticpc definitely earns a 5 star rating across the board."

Rating 8/104/5

"I had a fairly good experience with Xotic PC. I had a small hiccup with the ordering process and after a few quick emails everything was squared away quickly and professionally. The only issue I had was it took 6 weeks from the day they received my payment for my laptop to arrive at my door. Granted I didn't use the the quickest means of payment and I wasn't in a hurry, but I expected something more along the lines of 3-4 weeks for my laptop to arrive not 6 for a minimally customized laptop. They also completed each of their ordering steps on they last possible day of the range of days they gave me with their email updates. I can't be mad at them for that because it was in the range of what they gave me but still it was a little irritating. However, my laptop arrived in good condition once it got here and I am very satisfied with my machine."

"Would buy from again best costumer support I've had to deal with!
__________________________*update 2*___________________________
Just got the laptop and after talking to Jason they gave me a discount on the shipping witch is fantastic and some of the best costumer support from any company despite slight wait well worth it and would highly recommend them.

A side note I ordered the steel series keyboard and after receiving the laptop the edges of the keyboard (the rim of it)is damaged sligthly probably coused to installation and looks extremely rushed but isn't noticabled on a glance but still types well just a minor nit pick.
__________________________*update*_____________________________
So after contacting them it was finely ready to ship and being shipped. I had to upgrade to overnight shipping(119$ USD) tho do to School witch was a hit to the pocket but its finely on its way.So after all said and done I would buy again but keep in mind plan way ahead of when you need it(3-4 weeks.
_______________________________________________________________

--I have yet to get my laptop after ordering 07/26/2012 and now mid day on 8/20/2012 (25 days) have had to contact them quite often over this period and was told to do so again today(will so after classes).They have had a few mix ups with the order and after getting them straighten out around 07/31/2012 the order was finely ready to go threw shipping at witch then got mixed up again by a very rushed employ(spoke to on the fun and was going 90 to nothing)I thought it would all be set and would see the laptop soon.

Sadly not the case called them on the 08/16/2012 and if was ready but had just been siting around after talking to sell rep we got it settle out and was to be shipped that friday 17th,and hasn't been(contacting later today to see where and why it hasn't yet)now the 20th and in class without a laptop I'm a little disappointing with the order but so far my sells rep has been very friendly and helpful and again hoping to have the laptop be for the 25th(08/25/2012) this week.--

So overall it's been decent but the order/shipping is awful but backed by a very great customer support.

modified review This review was modified by gtmadcow on August 21 2012 01:41:54 PM

"i've ordered my last 2 gaming laptops from xotic. both of them were "hot off the presses" and i expected it to take some time to receive them. they will continue to be my "go to" company for any future purchases."

"Order process was straightforward, and the people were super helpful. There was a problem with the billing step, due to an error on my bank's part, but Xotic PC staff were helpful in identifying and solving the issue."

Rating 8/104/5

"I placed my order on July 20, and while it took a touch longer than I was expecting (apparently the first unit they were going to send me failed their tests, so I can't complain too much) they threw in a free upgrade to overnight shipping to compensate. Overall satisfactory support. Would buy from again."

modified review This review was modified by samtravis on August 20 2012 11:17:02 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"I recently ordered a Sager 9170 from xotic PC, and contacted them a few times throughout the sales process. When my payment was delayed due to debit card maximum limits, they quickly provided me a way to switch my payment time on the order, and moved the process along.

Email based customer service always responded within 24 hours, even on the weekend. Phone based sales support was also great, and very helpful. Currently I am in the process of returning my Sager 9170 laptop, and so far they have been very cooperative with the 30 day no questions asked return.

As a reseller for high end gaming laptops, I would rate their customer service as a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

As far as their pricing and extra features, they offer a nice amount of add-ons that can't be found elsewhere like carbon-fiber shells for sager and alienware laptops, or the ability to get the laptop for 200 bucks cheaper than the competition by excluding an OS.

Overall I would rate XoticPC's value at around 4.5 out of 5. The only thing keeping it from 5 star is that they do not offer four year warranties .

"I have been waiting for a nice lightweight laptop for gaming that wasn't made by Dell. After doing some research, I found a nice 11.3 in custom laptop made by Sager that fit my needs. Further research led me to Xotic PC as a potential reseller. There were numerous positive reviews on their level of service and quality of laptops. As a result, I placed my order with them and withing 2 weeks, received my custom built laptop. There were constant communications on the build status and any questions I had concerning the configuration were quickly and professionally answered. I highly recommend this company for customized PCs."

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a ASUS N56VZ-DS71 with a downgrade on the optical drive and upgrade on the hard drive with a clean wipe as well. This was on 7/24/12. I paid immediately with my credit card and the order was confirmed the same day. My laptop went into Stage 2 on 7/27/12. Today is 8/16/12, almost 3 weeks since the beginning of Stage 2 and I have not gotten any email confirmation for shipping. I did email on 8/8/12 and was also told that because of school starting soon, things were busy and it would take up to 16 days to reach ready to deliver status. I am a bit disappointed as to the extended wait time, and I think it would have been faster and cheaper for me to have ordered somewhere else and done the upgrades/config changes myself. I thought it would have saved me time to have them do the hard drive swap and clean install, but in retrospect, if you can do it yourself, do it yourself. The delay basically negated any time benefit of having them do the upgrades in my opinion. I have college classes starting next week, 8/22/12, for a required 3D modeling class (SolidWorks), and it looks like after ordering this laptop a month ago, it won't arrive on time.

Edit: Talking to Jason from xoticpc he was helpful in speeding up the process a little and, hopefully, getting this shipped before the weekend and in time for school. I will update fully when I receive and test the laptop.

Edit 2: So Jason was able to have my laptop shipped overnight from Fri to Sat through air UPS. I'm happy with the prompt delivery although I still do think 3 weeks is a bit long for a minimally customized laptop. Credit to Jason though who was courteous and persistent with updating me on the status.

modified review This review was modified by lac29 on August 18 2012 09:55:53 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"I placed a laptop, Sager NP6110, order a couple weeks ago. Before I bought, I wanted to reuse my Window 7 key so I touched base with Xoticpc sales dept and sales rep assured me that I can reuse my key, which helped me decide to purchase since that's a saving of 80 or so.

After I purchased the laptop, I followed with a concern note, saying if there's an issue with reusing the key, since it's an upgrade to Window Vista, contact me ASAP and I'll consider purchasing a new Window 7. Also, before it was shipped, I asked again if Window 7 was installed and the same sales rep assured me that they Window 7 key was used.

I received my laptop two days ago and upon turning the power on, there was no Window OS. It booted as though nothing was there. I checked xoticpc tech page and it was unclear which # I should call since Sager was listed as having 2 support #s.

First # went direct to Sager and they advised me to contact Xoticpc. I guess either Xoticpc or Sager is the middle man. The guy who answered from Xoticpc was not helpful to say the least. He basically said I need to check with the sales rep and there's nothing he can do. As far as order shows, I didn't choose to install Window 7 he said, even though I explained that it should've been. There was no use in explaining to him what had occurred before. He just stated Window 7 wasn't part of the order to be installed.

I was very unhappy since my main issue, which I wanted to avoid so badly, was stated 3 times and yet I got the same outcome I didn't want. I checked with the sales rep that I had contact with and this issue was escalated to the management the same day and management contacted me 2 or 3 times by e-mails. The same day, I was able to install my laptop using a thumb drive. It took me a long while but I was able to do it. In case you are wondering, NP6110 model doesn't come with internal laptop as it is an 11" gaming laptop. So installing Window 7 isn't possible unless you have external optical drive, which I don't.

Management offered me an item but I ended declining that item. After declining, they still offered a game for troubles I had to go through. I accepted the game and outcome wasn't as bad as it had seem two days ago when laptop seemed just broken.

All in all, I would buy from this store again.

Impressed:
- It seems they like to take care of their customers until they're reasonably satisfied to try to resolve when there's an issue, which cannot be said the same about a lot of other companies.
- Great laptop for a great price. It was 100 bucks or so cheaper than competitors, avadirect, powernotebooks, etc...
- After declining the first offer, they still made another offer. I think that speaks volume.
- Free shipping and no tax to Cali.

Not so impressed:
- Where was the testing, checking of sort? I don't know if Sager or Xoticpc sent directly to me. If Xoticpc did, they should've checked whether OS was there or not. If Sager shipped my PC, then they were the one who dropped the ball by not installing.
- Sales rep assured me of something that was false. I don't know if there was a miscommunication.

modified review This review was modified by burmesedude on August 16 2012 07:31:01 PM

"Very satisfied. Wish I hadn't pre-ordered a laptop that the manufacturer took quite a while to actually ship out, but Xotic PC did a great job on their end."

"UPDATE: 8/18 --

After 5 minutes of posting this, the mystical and all powerful Jason called and handled my situation with ease. He sent me a new hard drive with very few questions asked and it was at my doorstep in less than 24 hours. It also had a free game inside. My opinions of this company were hitting rock bottom, and he basically just saved them a horrible referral. That fact that he called me about 6 times in the span of 3 hours to give me a play by play of what was going on, and then 2 emails to just touch base and see how things were spanning out. I am now much more confident about my purchase.

ORIGINAL --

I decided to use Xotic PC after spending quite a few weeks searching for the best price, the best rig, and the best reviews. Xotic PC seemed to be the winner in this market. They offered everything I needed in terms of cost and power.

It was not until I placed the order that everything went down hill. The process from ordering to receiving was very slow, and poorly communicated. I paid the extra 50 dollar Rush production option to ensure my PC would arrive before I went on vacation. It did not. It arrived 1 week after I returned from vacation. 19 days after placing the order. I don't even want to think about how long it would have taken without the 50 dollars, but I don't feel it was worth it.

The customer service was spotty, sometimes being quick and responsive and other times being quite robotic and soulless. Do not ever click the Live Chat button. It stays on the connecting screen for at least 15 minutes every time. And once it finally does connect, its just some scripted response directing you to call or email.

Now, on to the actual product. It looked very clean, booted up nicely and worked flawlessly. I began the 3 day process of transferring my games photos videos and applications to the computer. Once completed I went on about my business until yesterday, 8/15/12. 26 days after placing the order and only 7 after receiving it, the computer just shuts off. On reboot it tells me no hard drive is found. All that time, patience, effort. Erased because of a faulty hard drive.

At this point Im going through the repair process with Xotic PC, which is proving a little aggravating. The speed and ease of this repair process will determine whether I will do business with Xotic PC again, but right now its looking like I will not be.

modified review This review was modified by Joeyc710 on August 18 2012 11:23:12 AM

"we order a $2200 laptop beginning of June 2012. received it middle of June only to have to immediately turn around and return it due to a defect part. it is now the middle of August and we still do not have a laptop. we have been given the excuses of kids are going back to school and being back logged. Due to those responses, I feel that I need to call weekly to check on the status. Cedric S provided a url in hopes that I wouldn’t call again. When checking the url , a message displays that cant locate item. After calling and leaving a message in which no response was received. And then followed up with an email in which no response was received, I felt as though I had to call to verify status. Cedric S latest response to me show poor customer service. At this point we want our money back or that they start building another laptop immediately. How long do they expect a customer to have to wait? 3 months is too long. We could have purchased another laptop from somewhere else and received it by now.

New laptop was received. Working as expected. Jason provided excellent customer service to us and we THANK him.

modified review This review was modified by MichelleKrehbiel on August 30 2012 11:45:52 AM

"Yes, I'm in one of those 1% that xotic customer service is way below sub par. I was promised 10-14 days build period with a GTX 680M. I ordered on the 07/06/12 and went in phrase 3 on 07/19/12 and still in that phrase. The only customization i ordered was matte screen and Cooper Cooling. E-mailed them twice no response. Thinking of cancelling and order from Origin. The reason I ordered here because I'm local and I thought I would support local business but ended up screwed by local business. Lesson learned.
UPDATED: Got a call from Jason, he took care of the situations and promts me of what the hold up was. Jason was very professional and curtious. Will be picking up my laptop this afternoon (finger crossed). Thank you Jason!!!!

modified review This review was modified by HR_E46 on August 16 2012 07:51:50 AM

"The big box stores (best buy, walmart, target, etc) didn't have anything comparable to the laptop that I got from xotic, not matter how much money I had to spend. They built me a gaming laptop for a VERY reasonable price. I've recommended friends to check them out and they're blown away by the specs and the prices. 10/10 would buy again."