Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.97/10 8.97/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.42/10 9.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.38/10 8.38/10

What is this?

"The Laptop Rocks! Excellent Quality, Large Screen and Performs.

ASUS under the Hood!

"Okay I have to say that XOTICPC really cares about their customers!!! I was misinformed about the time frame in which I would receive my laptop. After writing a review expressing my displeasure I received a call from an XOTICPC employee who gave me the correct time frame in which I would receive my laptop, and said that she would personally see to my laptop getting shipped to me by the date I requested. I never expected a company to read a review and respond within minutes to correct the problem. I would totally recommend this company to a friend and will continue doing further business with them. :P"

"I ordered a new Sager NP1970 from Xotic PC earlier this year. At the time, most places had this model on backorder, so it took a little bit longer than usual to receive my order. However, I was very pleased with the responsiveness and professional courtesy I received from Xotic PC. I have worked with 3 different representatives of the company from start to finish, and will definitely order my next laptop from them. Also, it didn't hurt that Xotic had the best price on this model at the time."

"They were a to do business with. Fair pricing, on time delivery, and true pleasure to do business with. Everything was configured as I asked. Great follow up and customer service."

"If you're looking to spend top dollar on a laptop, use XOTIC PC.

My order came in exactly as I expected and my laptop has exceeded what I hoped for. It is extremely powerful and was customized exactly how I wished it to be. I also appreciate the fact that there was very little in the way of bloatware installed. There was a secure file safe which I removed, but that was about all that I can remember. I had the machine up and running how I wanted in just a few hours.

When I placed my order, I called for a follow-up. The salesman who helped me was very courteous and helpful and made some recommendations which I took, that I do not regret. Your shipping was relatively timely considering what was being ordered and how it was tested and built. Additionally, whenever I had a question about the status of my order I was informed about what my order was doing and where my order was in queue.

Bottom line: I can't speak for lower-end users, but for someone who spent over $2,000 on a laptop XOTIC PC gives great care to their customers and sold me a great product. Be sure to speak to their salesmen/women. They're knowledgeable and will walk you through what you need and don't. They're not trying to sell you a bunch of junk you don't need. Tell them what you're looking to do, and they'll steer you in the right direction if you're not sure what the latest trends are.

"Xotic PC does a very good job with keeping in touch with their customers. I ordered two gaming laptops from them and Xotic kept me updated the entire time with every step. They also contacted me by email to ensure that I really wanted a certain customization option for one of my laptops, since it would have conflicted with something else. They contacted me four months later, as well, to see how the laptops were doing. I will most certainly consider choosing Xotic PC again if I need another laptop or desktop built."

"I ordered my first ever laptop from Xotic PC and they made the process extremely easy. Their website is so intuitive that I didn't even need to contact any of their people to get exactly what I needed. The service was reasonably speedy and I received my customized laptop soon after ordering it. They care a lot about their customer's experience as I was contacted by them to ensure everything went smoothly on my side. Great company and will absolutely recommend to friends and use again."

"I purchased a Sager NP8130 laptop to fulfill both work and gaming needs. The laptop has performed amazingly well. The GTX560M handles recent-ish games at mid-high settings (EVE, WOW, Diablo, Starcraft 2, etc) even over a year after purchase. I am able to perform a good bit of bioinformatics work locally (MACS, Sicer, Bedtools, Samtools, R Bioconductor, etc), which comes in handy when server time queues are long. I did have some intermittent overheating issues early on, but these were promptly resolved and have not reoccurred in the last 12 months. At 7 pounds plus a 2-3 pound power brick, the computer is comparatively heavy, but this is a trade I happily make in exchange for good computational power and excellent pricing. Overall a very solid machine, sold by a responsive company. "

"Pros:
Lots of options and customizability
Relatively inexpensive compared to Dell or Lenovo
Cons:
Extremely long lead times (it took 5 weeks to get my laptop after ordering it)
Long lead times on warranty ( I tried warrantying my laptop's custom screen after it showed severe backlight bleeding, but the overall conversation with the representative took two weeks.)

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-09-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. We apologize back when you ordered almost a year ago that lead times were longer. If it takes longer to communicate with our Service Department via Email you are more then welcome to call us instead and we would be happy to help you in anyway we can.”

"I have read a lot of good things about XoticPC so I decided to give it a try. I ordered a sager laptop for ~USD1300 and I decided to pay for a rush build since I needed my laptop as soon as possible.

I had just changed my address, so, paranoid as I am, I called my credit card company to verify that they had the right information on file and ordered the laptop. It was June 26th.

Still, it took them 6 business days to confirm my payment (damn credit card companies). Unfortunately due to this delay and the 4th of July my rush order at that point was going to be 10+ days late.

I had to complain a few times, since the order was going to be delayed so much at no fault on my side, so I finally got to talk to Jason.

I got an call from Jason on July 4th. He promised to do everything he can to get the laptop to me by July 11th (the date I asked). He shipped it Saturday July 6th, somewhat managing to get my laptop produced during the weekend/holiday of July 4th and keeping me updated throughout the process. During an holiday.

While I wasn't the happiest customer at the beginning of this process, the company clearly cares about customer service and will make up for problems even if not directly caused by them. I do not know any other company that will do that. They deserve solid 5 stars for customer service.

"I ordered a Sager NP9130 from Xotic PC, after friends recommended I check out Xotic as a reputable reseller. I am happy with my purchase, but even happier with the service I've received from Xotic. Unlike other resellers, Xotic had one of their sales people follow up with me to update me on my order process. When the order was slightly delayed (all Sager/Clevo systems are custom systems), I was able to speak with a real person, who explained the situation to me. Xotic followed up via email. Furthermore, Xotic has solicited feedback on my experience with the system even months after I purchased it.

I am very happy with Xotic PC, and would recommend them to anyone who wishes to buy a mobile gaming platform.

"Really loved shopping with these guys. They helped me out so much, between purchase, changing my purchase, payment issues, and even a follow up I was never once annoyed or put off by any of the reps. Reccomended for anyone looking for a good quality computer."

"I didn't have any experience ordering a computer from an online source. I'm much more used to your regular brick and mortar store. I DO NOT regret my decision to go with Xotic PC, which was referred to me by a good friend and computer enthusiast. The online ordering process was hassle-free and paying a little extra for the expedited shipping was well worth it! I did have a few questions for Xotic PC's support staff after receiving my computer due to my inexperience with Windows 8. Again, the service team was polite, patient, and answered my questions promptly. You won't regret looking for your next awesome new rig from these guys."

"My experience with XOTIC PC was very good. All communication was prompt and pleasant, everything was as advertised, and my new Sager laptop arrived well packaged and works just fine. They offered the best price and I would certainly use them again."

"I stumbled across Xotic PC when searching for reviews of some laptops I was comparing. I've heard all the rave reviews and hype about a lot of custom shops (Xotic PC included), but that's all standard fan-fare to me. I wanted to know if they could actually walk the walk.

So, I took a leap of faith (and a damn big one), and I wasn't disappointed. Quite the opposite, in fact. The machines I ordered were a customized Sager NP9170 and NP9130 (both of which have since been superseded by new models now). They both arrived within a few days of each other, and the standard shipping was free. Both laptops arrived intact and in perfect working order, and were very carefully packaged, as I would expect for a high-dollar item. All of the manuals, drivers, recovery media, and warranties were there (and a free carrying case), too, and all in the same place. They even sent me a follow-up email a few months later to ask how they did and how the systems performed. You'd never get that from a big-box store, especially not for a garden-variety PC.

These guys n' gals are the real deal for sure.

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,890 merchant members.