Store Information Store Info
Xotic PC Coupons
  • Rating 9.38/10 1,698 reviews

Xotic PC is a merchant member
    Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • Xotic PC contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.41/10 9.41/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.73/10 9.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.74/10 9.74/10

All 1,700 Customer Reviews

"I ordered an Asus N56VZ on August 16 and I'm not sure yet what my final review will be like. On the one hand, Cresta and Amy have been relatively helpful when I've contacted them about my order. The responses come lightning fast. On the other hand, it seems like I need to initiate contact in order to find anything out, and I feel like a pest. My account gets updated, perhaps by coincidence, only when I email a question.

Some of this may be my fault if I misunderstood the secure payment option. I thought the point of authorizing the order on my card was to get production started and that it would ship pending receipt of my check. I mean, if my check never comes, then they can just capture payment on the card. Once I asked about it I was notified that production wouldn't start until my check was received, seemingly defeating the purpose of providing card info. It took USPS 8 working days to deliver my check via First Class Mail (no wonder USPS is failing).

I added Rush production to my order before mailing the check, and the order moved to Phase 2 today (8/28). Hopefully that means it will be finished in the next day or two and be shipped out (didn't do much modifying). It sucks that I'm sitting in class and at home without a computer, but $119 for faster shipping isn't really in the cards for me.

Thoughts as of today: Sales people are nice and respond quickly, although I feel like it's necessary to stay on top of them to keep things moving and get the info I need. Secure payment option should perhaps be described better since I'm a law student and was still sort of confused about it (I'm basically trained to read and understand confusing stuff. Lol). I feel like I've wasted a bunch of time for the sake of a cash discount that was all but canceled out by adding rush production in order to get the comp in a reasonable time.

Will update as order progresses and I receive the laptop.

Update: My first email from them telling me that my order went to production was a little confusing since it seemed like estimated production time would be 9-16 days. However, I got another email this morning saying that it was in rush production like I thought. So far, so good.

modified review This review was modified by blehman on August 29 2012 06:29:00 AM

"I had my Dell laptop for 5 years. I got it as a freshman in college and it has been long outdated in terms of performance. My friends and I are trying to start a few competitive gaming teams, and in order to participate, I decided to upgrade. I still wanted a laptop, cause Ill still be in school for a while, but I wanted it to keep up with and maybe even compete with my cohorts desktop systems. I picked out an MSI model within my budget and upgraded some of the internal hardware so that it would be more to my custom specifications. I rushed the order, and received it within the rush time ready to go out of the box. The staff at Xotic PC was very helpful with all the questions I had during the order process, and were very prompt in responding to my emails regarding my new purchase. Everything has been perfect since I received it, and I can't recommend using their custom PC services enough. They are happy to help with anything and are quick to respond to emails and phone calls regarding their service. If you need a new PC, and want more than what is on the shelves at Best Buy, Xotic PC is the way to go. I will definitely give them my business in the future when the time comes to purchase a desktop system. In regards to their prices, they offer top of the line parts and systems from the best companies available, at prices that are reasonable. PCs aren't cheap and I won't ever consider them low priced, but Xotic PC does a good job of pricing their products fairly."

modified review This review was modified by Altheki773r on December 06 2012 04:41:23 PM

"This is my second Sager laptop from Xotic PC and both have been great. I've also dealt with their support and been pleased. Overall, I think they are a great source for gaming laptops and if I need another I'd probably get it from them."

modified review This review was modified by nhorvath on August 28 2012 09:34:58 AM

"Ordered a laptop but canceled order. A full 100% refund was given. They even waived the cancel fee."

modified review This review was modified by Codybp91 on August 29 2012 07:58:27 AM

"I recently purchased the ASUS K53E-DH91 and the ASUS G74SX-DH73-3D. K53E-DH91 was a gift. The G74SX-DH73-3D, I purchased for myself. The K53E-DH91 works perfectly. I had minor issues with G74SX-DH73-3D due to my customizations. Xotic PC worked dilligently to get these issues corrected. Even with my customizations, my G74SX-DH73-3D computer is working fine now. The Xotic PC personnel were very professional. I always received updates on the status of my computer, while being repaired. This was reassuring. Though is took some time dealing with Asus, the results were worth the wait. With full confidence, I will purchase again another computer from Xotic PC. Also I will recommend them to my peers."

"It's been over two weeks since I received my SAGER NP9170/CLEVO P170EM. First off, this thing is a beast. Granted that I spent a little more than I wanted but that is because I wanted the SSD. It was totally worth it because it only takes 10 seconds to boot up and about that to shut down. With the AMD ATI RADEON 7970M it can handle just about any game at full 1080p in near max settings and runs fairly cool for being such a beast. When playing graphics intensive games the fans start spinning pretty loud but the sound on the system is decent (plus I usually use headphones so I barely notice it). If I had one gripe it would be that it switches to integrated graphics to save power unless you specifically switch that particular game to use high performance as opposed to power saving mode. If you want to save a little money I recommend skipping the SSD (if you don't mind waiting a little longer for boot times). Doing so you can buy this at around 1500 (which isn't bad for a desktop replacement). Xoticpc definitely earns a 5 star rating across the board."

"I had a fairly good experience with Xotic PC. I had a small hiccup with the ordering process and after a few quick emails everything was squared away quickly and professionally. The only issue I had was it took 6 weeks from the day they received my payment for my laptop to arrive at my door. Granted I didn't use the the quickest means of payment and I wasn't in a hurry, but I expected something more along the lines of 3-4 weeks for my laptop to arrive not 6 for a minimally customized laptop. They also completed each of their ordering steps on they last possible day of the range of days they gave me with their email updates. I can't be mad at them for that because it was in the range of what they gave me but still it was a little irritating. However, my laptop arrived in good condition once it got here and I am very satisfied with my machine."

"Would buy from again best costumer support I've had to deal with!
__________________________*update 2*___________________________
Just got the laptop and after talking to Jason they gave me a discount on the shipping witch is fantastic and some of the best costumer support from any company despite slight wait well worth it and would highly recommend them.

A side note I ordered the steel series keyboard and after receiving the laptop the edges of the keyboard (the rim of it)is damaged sligthly probably coused to installation and looks extremely rushed but isn't noticabled on a glance but still types well just a minor nit pick.
__________________________*update*_____________________________
So after contacting them it was finely ready to ship and being shipped. I had to upgrade to overnight shipping(119$ USD) tho do to School witch was a hit to the pocket but its finely on its way.So after all said and done I would buy again but keep in mind plan way ahead of when you need it(3-4 weeks.
_______________________________________________________________

--I have yet to get my laptop after ordering 07/26/2012 and now mid day on 8/20/2012 (25 days) have had to contact them quite often over this period and was told to do so again today(will so after classes).They have had a few mix ups with the order and after getting them straighten out around 07/31/2012 the order was finely ready to go threw shipping at witch then got mixed up again by a very rushed employ(spoke to on the fun and was going 90 to nothing)I thought it would all be set and would see the laptop soon.

Sadly not the case called them on the 08/16/2012 and if was ready but had just been siting around after talking to sell rep we got it settle out and was to be shipped that friday 17th,and hasn't been(contacting later today to see where and why it hasn't yet)now the 20th and in class without a laptop I'm a little disappointing with the order but so far my sells rep has been very friendly and helpful and again hoping to have the laptop be for the 25th(08/25/2012) this week.--

So overall it's been decent but the order/shipping is awful but backed by a very great customer support.

modified review This review was modified by gtmadcow on August 21 2012 01:41:54 PM

"i've ordered my last 2 gaming laptops from xotic. both of them were "hot off the presses" and i expected it to take some time to receive them. they will continue to be my "go to" company for any future purchases."

"Order process was straightforward, and the people were super helpful. There was a problem with the billing step, due to an error on my bank's part, but Xotic PC staff were helpful in identifying and solving the issue."

"I placed my order on July 20, and while it took a touch longer than I was expecting (apparently the first unit they were going to send me failed their tests, so I can't complain too much) they threw in a free upgrade to overnight shipping to compensate. Overall satisfactory support. Would buy from again."

modified review This review was modified by samtravis on August 20 2012 11:17:02 PM

"I recently ordered a Sager 9170 from xotic PC, and contacted them a few times throughout the sales process. When my payment was delayed due to debit card maximum limits, they quickly provided me a way to switch my payment time on the order, and moved the process along.

Email based customer service always responded within 24 hours, even on the weekend. Phone based sales support was also great, and very helpful. Currently I am in the process of returning my Sager 9170 laptop, and so far they have been very cooperative with the 30 day no questions asked return.

As a reseller for high end gaming laptops, I would rate their customer service as a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

As far as their pricing and extra features, they offer a nice amount of add-ons that can't be found elsewhere like carbon-fiber shells for sager and alienware laptops, or the ability to get the laptop for 200 bucks cheaper than the competition by excluding an OS.

Overall I would rate XoticPC's value at around 4.5 out of 5. The only thing keeping it from 5 star is that they do not offer four year warranties .

"I have been waiting for a nice lightweight laptop for gaming that wasn't made by Dell. After doing some research, I found a nice 11.3 in custom laptop made by Sager that fit my needs. Further research led me to Xotic PC as a potential reseller. There were numerous positive reviews on their level of service and quality of laptops. As a result, I placed my order with them and withing 2 weeks, received my custom built laptop. There were constant communications on the build status and any questions I had concerning the configuration were quickly and professionally answered. I highly recommend this company for customized PCs."

"I ordered a ASUS N56VZ-DS71 with a downgrade on the optical drive and upgrade on the hard drive with a clean wipe as well. This was on 7/24/12. I paid immediately with my credit card and the order was confirmed the same day. My laptop went into Stage 2 on 7/27/12. Today is 8/16/12, almost 3 weeks since the beginning of Stage 2 and I have not gotten any email confirmation for shipping. I did email on 8/8/12 and was also told that because of school starting soon, things were busy and it would take up to 16 days to reach ready to deliver status. I am a bit disappointed as to the extended wait time, and I think it would have been faster and cheaper for me to have ordered somewhere else and done the upgrades/config changes myself. I thought it would have saved me time to have them do the hard drive swap and clean install, but in retrospect, if you can do it yourself, do it yourself. The delay basically negated any time benefit of having them do the upgrades in my opinion. I have college classes starting next week, 8/22/12, for a required 3D modeling class (SolidWorks), and it looks like after ordering this laptop a month ago, it won't arrive on time.

Edit: Talking to Jason from xoticpc he was helpful in speeding up the process a little and, hopefully, getting this shipped before the weekend and in time for school. I will update fully when I receive and test the laptop.

Edit 2: So Jason was able to have my laptop shipped overnight from Fri to Sat through air UPS. I'm happy with the prompt delivery although I still do think 3 weeks is a bit long for a minimally customized laptop. Credit to Jason though who was courteous and persistent with updating me on the status.

modified review This review was modified by lac29 on August 18 2012 09:55:53 AM

"I placed a laptop, Sager NP6110, order a couple weeks ago. Before I bought, I wanted to reuse my Window 7 key so I touched base with Xoticpc sales dept and sales rep assured me that I can reuse my key, which helped me decide to purchase since that's a saving of 80 or so.

After I purchased the laptop, I followed with a concern note, saying if there's an issue with reusing the key, since it's an upgrade to Window Vista, contact me ASAP and I'll consider purchasing a new Window 7. Also, before it was shipped, I asked again if Window 7 was installed and the same sales rep assured me that they Window 7 key was used.

I received my laptop two days ago and upon turning the power on, there was no Window OS. It booted as though nothing was there. I checked xoticpc tech page and it was unclear which # I should call since Sager was listed as having 2 support #s.

First # went direct to Sager and they advised me to contact Xoticpc. I guess either Xoticpc or Sager is the middle man. The guy who answered from Xoticpc was not helpful to say the least. He basically said I need to check with the sales rep and there's nothing he can do. As far as order shows, I didn't choose to install Window 7 he said, even though I explained that it should've been. There was no use in explaining to him what had occurred before. He just stated Window 7 wasn't part of the order to be installed.

I was very unhappy since my main issue, which I wanted to avoid so badly, was stated 3 times and yet I got the same outcome I didn't want. I checked with the sales rep that I had contact with and this issue was escalated to the management the same day and management contacted me 2 or 3 times by e-mails. The same day, I was able to install my laptop using a thumb drive. It took me a long while but I was able to do it. In case you are wondering, NP6110 model doesn't come with internal laptop as it is an 11" gaming laptop. So installing Window 7 isn't possible unless you have external optical drive, which I don't.

Management offered me an item but I ended declining that item. After declining, they still offered a game for troubles I had to go through. I accepted the game and outcome wasn't as bad as it had seem two days ago when laptop seemed just broken.

All in all, I would buy from this store again.

Impressed:
- It seems they like to take care of their customers until they're reasonably satisfied to try to resolve when there's an issue, which cannot be said the same about a lot of other companies.
- Great laptop for a great price. It was 100 bucks or so cheaper than competitors, avadirect, powernotebooks, etc...
- After declining the first offer, they still made another offer. I think that speaks volume.
- Free shipping and no tax to Cali.

Not so impressed:
- Where was the testing, checking of sort? I don't know if Sager or Xoticpc sent directly to me. If Xoticpc did, they should've checked whether OS was there or not. If Sager shipped my PC, then they were the one who dropped the ball by not installing.
- Sales rep assured me of something that was false. I don't know if there was a miscommunication.

modified review This review was modified by burmesedude on August 16 2012 07:31:01 PM