Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.94/10 8.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.40/10 9.40/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.38/10 8.38/10

What is this?

"Further Update: She did acknowledge the voicemail issue and provided free video games as a token of reconciliation. I changed the rating, however as that should not have happened in the first place I will not give a 5/5.

UPDATE: Lindsey called me back concerning the issue. She informed me that she will look into the voicemail issue. The rating I left shall remain until I'm further updated.
My initial experience with them was rather good, with the notable exception of their policy regarding credit card address verification. I scheduled delivery to my home address, foolishly thinking that I would be receiving the laptop there before my return to college. After innumerable delays on their part they finally handed it over to UPS for delivery. Of course the free shipping option took 7 business days to get there and when it did so I had to leave due to classes starting again. I call Xotic to change delivery address and they told me that it would not only be a $25 fee but I would also have to have yet another three-way call to my credit card to add the new address. Not to mention that I left a message the Friday beforehand with no response, then when I called on a Monday I had to call back 50 minutes later because they forgot about me. Horrendous customer service, will not use them again.

"I ordered a MSI GT60 barebones laptop from them. I really appreciated the ability to customize my order. They were very quick to answer questions prior to ordering and my laptop has been working great since it arrived in July. "

"I recently Purchased a Laptop from Xotic PC I was very happy with the Treatment I received with my Order. They kept me updated on what was being done to my Custom Laptop. I Would (And already have!) recommend Xotic PC to anyone looking for a Quality and Dependable Machine!"

"I was very satisfied with the service. This laptop was bought to be my laptop for the 4 years that I am at college, so I knew that I wanted a laptop with some durability as well as power to make it still run games in 4 years. So I had plenty of questions for the sales reps. I had called twice, for about 30 minutes each time, and all of my questions were answered very knowledgeably and to my satisfaction."

Duy Anh ( Andy )'s Avatar
Viet Nam

"My first experience buying xoticpc laptop is turn out to be great . They do care about customer , their customer service is absolutely fantastic special thanks to Josh . There was few minor issue to my order but i do know that their truly care about customer they offer free games such as Watch Dogs or free services to me. That is awesome . If anybody want to buy a good laptop with reasonable price , they are your best choice . They will not ship out a laptop with bad standard even it will delay ship time and you had to wait for a while .
Update :
I think Josh K deserve a promotion because he care about customer and image of Xoticpc . Without Josh K help , i don't think i will buy more laptop in the future from Xoticpc .

"They had amazing customer service when I had problems with settung up my computer and they have very high quality merchandise. I would gladdly buy from them in the future "

"My experience has been amazing! Customer support was quick, polite, and all around easy to work with! I have yet to call technical support because the computer is so amazing that I don't have to fix anything and have not had an issue with it. Though I'm sure the experience would greatly reflect that of customer support. Their products are well worth buying and once I need a new computer I will definitly be buying from them again! Thanks Xoticpc for the awesome work yall do! "

"Edit: At first I wrote a long wall of text displaying my dissatisfaction of Xoticpc (despite receiving a quality laptop). Photoshop was not shipped with my order and I thought their anti theft software was misleading (as Prey is not listed on their order page/anti theft page). Since then, they have reached out to me and offered a refund for the anti theft software and sent me another copy of photoshop (despite their records showing it was already sent out to me).They claim to have talked to Prey and worked everything out, although Prey is still not listed overtly on their website.. Although I've had problems, the XoticPC customer rep (Tanner) addressed the issues I was having and valued my concerns/resolved them. I will come back to them for my future computing needs. I'm changing my review to 5/5 to reflect the awesome customer service I was shown. Again, awesome customer support (and price) :].

"At first I was very stoked about my new laptop (NP7358). After looking around, it was the best deal for the money, and I am still very happy with it. The reason I gave two stars is for two reasons:
1. We paid for "XoticPC Global Anti-Theft Protection" which was $50. Turns out its the free and open sourced program "Prey" who, did not give them permission to sell their product, especially without giving them credit for their software. They told me this was the second complaint they have received about XoticPC and that they would look into it. Thankfully, Prey has been very kind to me and upgraded me to Prey Pro for a full year free of charge. One of things that bothered me the most is that I inquired about this program with support staff before making the purchase and they did not give me this information.

2. My second problem stems from yet another piece of software from XoticPC. I purchased Photoshop Elements 12 and did not receive it when I opened my box. After contacting customer support and showing them my receipt, they agree it should have been shipped. Later, they "verified" that it was sent out using a shipping number and asked me if I still had all of my original package. I do, and I can "verify" that out of the 3 disks I received, Photoshop was not one of them. Unfortunately they do not keep the serial code number and told me they cannot help me further because it is verified as going out so I am SOL.

All in all, I'm out for around $85 on a total of $1654. It's not even the loss of money that irritates me, but how they take advantage of an open source program (even labeling it as their own) and their apparent problems with order verification in their shipping department.The reason I decided to write this review now is because I've just checked their website and they still are selling Prey for $50 with no mention of their service on the entire site. The product was great, but I kind of feel like I got taken advantage of. I would highly recommend checking the companies website whom makes the product you are thinking about buying (e.g. Sager) for a similar price but more quality assurance.

Edit: I am uploading screenshots from the Xotipc site (12/30/2014). One is from the order page and the other is the information on their "Xoticpc anti-theft service" page. As you can see, Ctrl+F does not find any mention of Prey on either of these pages, and there is only one option of anti-theft service available. This is the program that I purchased (which was Prey). It is even labeled as an "Xoticpc service"

"Xoticpc Global anti-theft" page: http://i.imgur.com/OflBAwY.png

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-30-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear of this concern. We sell two services that incorporate the Anti-Theft, one is where we install and set up the prey program and the second is the full version. We make this very clear on our site when ordering. Regarding the manner with the Photoshop we are currently working with the customer to resolve this issue, all of our records indicate this was sent out with the machine however we want to ensure this is resolved. We are currently trying to contact the customer to assist with his concerns.”

"Exotic PC did a wonderful job handling my order. I am fully satisfied with the service I received. The shipping did not take long; in fact, it was more speedy than I had expected. The order tracking made the wait even easier. I am also very pleased with the friendly representatives that keep in touch through the process and even after to make sure you receive exactly what you need and expect. I will be going back for more in the future."

"My experience with Xotic PC has been nothing short of excellent. The sales team helped me take advantage of various discounts and specials to build a beast of a machine (Sager NP8278-S) at a reasonable cost. The customer service was superb, and the staff provided prompt and thorough answers to my questions throughout the process. I needed to receive my machine somewhat quickly, and Xotic PC ensured that my order was processed, filled, and shipped withing my required time frame. They eased my anxieties with consistent, transparent updates regarding the status of my machine from day one until arrival at my doorstep. Tech support has been on point and resolved the few minor issues I've had. Simply put, I'm more than satisfied with the whole experience and will be returning for future purchases. If high levels of customer service, communication, and personal attention are exotic, then Xotic PC certainly lives up to the name."

"I bought an ASUS N550JK from them back in July. I had chosen this vendor due to their reputation and the ability to customize various aspects of the PC. I was extremely satisfied with the finished product, As I write this review I continue to enjoy the laptop I bought from them. It has worked perfectly and every time that I had a question, their customer service staff promptly replied and helped me. I would definitely recommend them and will buying from them again in the near future. "

"My SAGER NP9377-S (Clevo P377SM-A) is an absolute beast. The thing cost over $5k but thankfully it will be relevant for a while. The overclocked dual GTX 880M graphics cards coupled with the overclocked 4th Gen Haswell Core i7-4910MQ boasting upgraded thermal compound and heatsinks/pipes dominates all of the new modern game titles and programs I can throw at it. I couldn't be happier with the performance of this laptop. I chose x2 1TB Samsung 840 EVO Series mSATA SSD with one of them preconfigured as an OS drive (C: Drive). I left the second HDD (storage expansion) bay empty because I was able to get the third 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD on Amazon for $100 cheaper. I retained the optical drive and I left the first storage drive as a 7200 rpm HDD (Total of 4TB internal drive space RAID-None). My experience with Xotic PC was pleasant. If you know you're going to drop several grand on some premium performance hardware I recommend Xotic PC as one of your top retailers to browse. Of course they can accommodate any budget with a huge selection rigs and every upgrade in the book. "

"This is the second Sager I've purchased through Xotic, and both times their customer service has been fantastic. From sales support to any technical support or questions I've had with both this and my previous system, their quick response times, personalized service and highly knowledgeable staff have provided an exceptional experience. I've not dealt with any company online that has provided the same level of customer service as Xotic, and I will absolutely be buying from them again when the need arises. "

"I bought a gaming laptop from Xotic PC in July of this year. I really liked buying from Xotic PC, because I was able to customize everything. They built the laptop to my specifications and got it to me quickly. I've been using it ever since and it's been working great. There customer service was really helpful as well. If you are looking to buy a customized laptop, Xotic PC is a great choice!"

"I really like my new Sager NP7378. It's fast, powerful, and a workaholic. It supports all my applications without a glitch or a hiccup. This is my second Sager from Xotic PC. This first one died an honorable death due to extreme "old age" (in computer life). It worked like a charm, and my new one is showing signs of doing the same. I love the choices that Xotic gives you to customize your computer, and I'm extremely happy with the choices I made."

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,891 merchant members.