Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.11/10 9.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.61/10 9.61/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.77/10 8.77/10

What is this?

"Xotic PC had provided me with great customer service. I was able to get information on promotions and services provided in a detailed and very timely manner. I needed this information to make a decision about the best choices for my computer and to determine how long before the computer would ship as I am going to school very soon. I definitely recommend xoticpc to any one who is looking for great customer service. "

"My name is Matt. I ordered a Sager NP8268 to play Elder Scrolls Online. The laptop handles the game on max settings without any problems. Watchdogs, Crysis, Skyrim... max settings, wonderful gaming. I ordered most of the higher end hardware and managed to stay under 1800$. That wouldn't have been possible without talking to Xotic customer service and having them keep a few of the parts that I already had. The notebook frame/structure was easy to work with when I decided to tweak a few things and the machine, thought pretty bulky, is solid.
You wont get the same quality from some walmart laptop or hp machine. I can program the lights in the keyboard to damn near give me a seizure too. I'm lovin' it.

"Well let's face it, gaming laptops or high-end consumer tech is not cheap. So with that being said, I feel like I got what I paid for in purchasing the Sager NP8268-S. I had originally purchased the MSI GX60 Destroyer after selling a custom desktop that I built and sold. But with the GX60, I didn't feel like it replaced my desktop well enough. The APU's while they are strong, performance wise they are still lagging behind Intel's I7's. Also I was not as thrilled as it was being advertised at the time, as being like a "game changer," with AMD's Mantle. From day one I could not get that feature to work with that laptop, and it's something that is still in its infancy and it is really hard to troubleshoot, what you can do to make it work. So I was disappointed on that, also with discrete graphics (meaning not an actual, separate GPU). I noticed their was always some hesitation when switching between gaming and normal computing tasks and you could not select which one to use between the onboard graphics of the APU or the discrete R9 M290X. So like some games that I played I did not feel like I was getting the best performance because the computer would want to rely on the graphics of the APU, first. So this was all very frustrating from a product that I had high expectations of. So I sent that one back, which wasn't any hassle with Xotic PC within their allowed time frame. And I purchased the Sager gaming laptop with the I7-4810MQ and Nvidia GTX 870M and this gave me the performance similar to my desktop that I had. I've done video editing on this, playing games from Crysis 3, Titanfall to Grid Autosport @1080p and it does it wonderfully. I love the 2 slots for mSATA hardrives, the CPU will overclock to just under 4Ghz with a click, it is slimmer than MSI's model. It's pretty quite, the only thing that I have upgraded on it myself since owning it has been the RAM. I put 24GB's in it, for the extra overhead. It is more expensive but it's been a valuable investment, taking it with me to college. Doing homework and looking up information and word processing and in general "multi-tasking." And this laptop never skips a beat, it's just a solid machine that keeps churning along. And I still got it at Xotic PC because I like the time they take on building/working on your order. Like removing bloatware, over-clocking it, testing your system and customizing it. That's the biggest thing that stands out, that I think makes Xotic PC a cut above your normal retailer is the customization that they can do. If their is another computer down the line that piques my interest and I seen Xotic PC has it, I would definitely consider purchasing from them again. "

"I've bought 2 custom Laptops from XoticPC to date. each time I have dealt with them, their customer service is bar none the best I've ever had. They were extremely responses to my needs, even initiating contact with me to offer a better option without mine even having to ask. On top of that all, the quality of workmanship on their systems is superb. I got the exact system that I wanted, and I have doubt it will last years to come. I really cant say enough good things about these guys!"

"Xotic PC is a great company and they offer great products at reasonable prices. I could not be happier that I went with Xotic PC instead of any other retailer. My Sager 7358 is a beast and I can't believe how cheap it was and how many customization options I had."

"I bought the ASUS N550JV-DB72T at Xotic PC. They had the lowest prices available online and they also provided the most customization. "

"So far, it is an unbelievable machine. The SSD definitely helps. It boots up within seconds. The GeForce card can handle all the games I play in ultra spec with no problem, but of course it will have to be plugged in to the power socket for maximum performance. Also with the ginormous RAM, I can have so many programs running at the same time and it doesn't deteriorate in performance at all.

In addition, there were no dead pixels. This was actually one of my main concerns since I have read some reviews where this was an issue. I'm glad it wasn't the case for me.

Customer service with XOTICPC is also very pleasant and helpful. I am definitely a very satisfied customer.

"I purchased two exactly same computers in two separate orders. Xotic PC canceled one of the order without even sending an email or offering refund through my paypal. I reached them through online chat and its a almost 1 hour wait at the beginning of August. They re-activated the canceled order and now that I checked online I am getting message in my account saying that the order is not paid for and is still pending payment. Double checking with my paypal account, they did not refund me my money, and they didn't update their account information on a regular basis. Several days has passed since the re-activation. I tried to reach the online chat line again and 1 hour wait = no response what so ever.

Worst customer service ever. Strongly disappointed.

*edit: after spoken with josh by email 15mins after posting the review. the business is quickly taken care of.

**edit 2: Xotic PC customer service did a follow up on me and is extremely helpful. I would recommend Josh to my friends in the future if they are purchasing new awesome systems.

"I ordered the Sager NP8278-S from them. Not only was the computer an absolute monster but it runs without a hitch and it does more than I wanted. The customer service was amazing and I was kept in the loop at all times. If you want a PC this is the place to go."

"A really good place.

Notebooks are not exactly cheap, but they still cost less than in my vicinity. An ability to configure notebook to customers wishes is nice too. Broad variety of modifications like texturing, wrapping or just making some inscription.

Customer service is fantastic. Advisors (Josh in my case) are helpful and respond quickly. All problematic situations were resolved without much effort.

They have discounts for returning customers, but they are somewhat lacking in value. I am not sure that 1% discount is big enough - but at least they have it.

Packaging is good, though their `white glove` box is tad pricy.

"I have nothing bad to say, the delivery was smooth and speedy, they were all a big help in the ordering process and the fact that they contacted me after a while to see how i was liking my new laptop was awesome.
i will definitely be ordering from them again.

"I ordered a laptop from this company knowing full well that they were on the slow side to ship out, especially as I requested a small upgrade (16 gb of ram instead of 8gb, not really a huge deal). When my laptop arrived it worked for five hours before shutting off without any warning and has done nothing since. I immediately contacted their customer service and spent the next 7 days trying to get something done about this computer. I never did manage to get them on the phone until the last day despite multiple attempts (West coast people be warned, they close very early) At one point I was told I would receive an RMA for the unit which I agreed to, but then made my point clear that I was very disappointed that a computer that was supposedly tested had broken pretty much right out of the box, so much for their so-called "Stress Testing" and "Quality Assurance" phases.
Apparantly at this point, my complaint was seen as my not wanting the RMA, despite never saying anything like that at all, and the RMA was delayed without my knowledge. I was told that Xotic Pc would be more than happy RMA the laptop themselves, but as I explained to them that would be nearly 14 days in shipping time plus the time it took to fix the laptop itself. Their response was to say that shipping time is only 3-4 business days (they don't include weekends, but guess what, I do seeing as how I acutally have to wait through the weekend as well. Not really their fault, but the fact that they wouldn't even acknoweldge that having to wait that long just for shipping is an issue for someone whose computer should have been working from day one is unacceptable.)

When I finally manage to speak with someone I was fed up with the entire situation. It was seven days since my computer had arrived and failed and I still had no RMA or solution in sight. I told them I wanted a refund. I was informed (with no real attempt at even sounding concerned) that I would be issued an RMA to have it sent back an a refund would be issued.

I was then informed by their oh-so-friendly RMA supervisor that I should make sure to ship it out quickly because I was nearing the deadline for returns. When I laughed and replied that I have been working on this for a week with their company, he replied that I had been UNHELPFUL. That despite being issued an RMA the first time (remember that one I mentioned I had never seen because it had apparently been delayed without my knowledge, that's the RMA) I persisted in complaining about my experience.

I'm not sure how expressing my dissatisfaction was seen as my not wanting to get my computer fixed, but apparently the people at Xotic PC can only handle one thing at a time, and if you manage to get an RMA out of them don't complain about anything until the computer is safely away in the mail. Not only that, but their attitude was one of blaming me for the delay in getting any sort of solution to the issue.

I do not recommend Xotic PC to anyone ever. Just find what you want somewhere else and if you really need the upgrades pay someone local to do it.

Update: Not twenty minutes after posting this review, I was contacted by Josh from customer service. Josh actually seems to be familiar with the term "customer service" as he was kind and concerned on the phone, even though I was admittedly less than happy at that point. Had more of my issues been dealt with in a manner similar to how Josh handled that call, I'm sure I would have had a much better experience. +1 star for proving that not everyone at Xotic PC is rude.

Update 2: Shortly after speaking with Josh, I was called by Xotic PC once again. This time the caller was Lindsey, the General Manager, who assured me that they had looked into my issue with the previous supervisor and that they agreed that his handling of my situation was inappropriate and they would be taking care of that specific aspect of the issue. As for me, Lindsey was very kind and sympathetic, offering me several options I might try rather than simply returning the machine as well as a few perks if I agreed to try again. I decided to try again, being very pleased with the prompt responses from both Josh and Lindsey. So far, Lindsey has been very on top of things and willing to work with me. She gave me her contact information so that I could directly through her which has saved me much time and headaches.

At this point my experience with Xotic PC has taken a much brighter turn. My only dark point in all this at the moment is that I had to post a negative review to receive good (actually amazing) customer service, something I don't really like doing. I'm wondering if I just got unlucky or if I caught that particular supervisor on a very bad day, because since then, everyone I've spoken to has been exceptional.

I will update this further once the whole situation has been resolved.

Update 3: I received my new laptop in the mail yesterday an immediately pulled it out and started using it. I haven't had any issues with it, and am very happy with it at this point. As promised, my laptop was shipped very quickly, and I am very pleased with how much effort the staff at Xoticpc took to make things right for me.

Lindsey really stepped up and took responsibility for the issue, and Josh as well was impressive for being willing to pursue the issue even after I told him I was done an just wanted a refund.

I am very please with my recent dealings with this company, and given what I have seen they are capable of, I would gladly buy from them again. Thank you Lindsey and Josh for taking the time to help me out.

"Full disclosure: I was asked to rate Xotic PC by their representative.

Having said that, I was extremely pleased with their customer service. I ordered a new gaming laptop (an ASUS) and had them install several custom options -- the most important of which were added solid state drives, copper cooling sinks and a bloatware-free clean install of Windows 7 Professional. Everything was done perfectly and I have had zero issues with the laptop. Shipping was fast and reasonable and they always kept me informed of my order's progress.

How often do you find yourself looking online at a laptop only to say "I wish it had this particular feature -- then it would be perfect?" Xotic PC took a very powerful gaming laptop and made it exactly what I wanted -- at a price far less than boutique manufacturers in the same class.

"Purchasing from Xotic PC was a wonderful experience. Everyone we spoke with was helpful and friendly, and the computer I got from them is excellent. I would definitely recommend purchasing from them!"

" ASUS Laptop ROG G750JW-DB71. Ordered on 2/18/2014. I had many problems with it from the outset: Asus had to replace the motherboard after I ued it for a week and then the battery and power block replaced (after having been sent back to me) and I used it for 2+ week. Through it all, Tanner Maddux (primarily) and others stood by me and helped me all the way. I finally received the ASUS back today (7/28/2104) for the second time. I just ordered a UPS for it (at Tanner's recommendation) to ensure any power spikes or surges do not prevent further operation.Tanner is a superior asset (10+++ Stars or 5/5): He was patient, very kind and very responsive to my e-mails and one or two phone calls. Ed Corack, guardfish@verizon.net, 703-400-8023 (cell)"

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.