Stores > Xotic PC

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.11/10 9.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.65/10 9.65/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.99/10 8.99/10

What is this?

"I've used two on-line PC stores, XOTIC PC and Cyberpower. XOTIC PC is a slam dunk! I give it Five Stars. They had laptops I never heard before, ASUS, Sager, MSI, Lenovo, Phantom, even a few Alienwares if you dare! I was afraid of trying another soul-less online store after Cyberpower who gave me an okay machine but were really lack luster after they had your money. XOTIC PC kept in contact with me through every step of the creation of my Custom Laptop by Email. I was never left wondering "What are they doing now?" email updates each week on the phase the machine was in. This was very comforting. The Quality checked and stress tested everything!

When I got it home I was worried how long the good machine would last but it's been Hakunna Matata the whole way. This Laptop was made with a heaping helping of Awesome-sauce. I got a Sager NP9377-S Customized with Graphics on the back and lots of POWER. She runs smooth, absolutely COOL (temperature) silent, light and sleek. I use it for photography and it is light-years away from DELL and HP. They gave me only what I asked for, no extra software clogging up my harddrive. They GAVE ME MY WINDOWS DISK!!!

I will be back to EXOTIC PC

"Everything I ordered arrived in a timely manner and was exactly what I had ordered, their support staff was also very quick to respond to any questions I had, very pleased with the service."

"Was the first time dealing with Xotic PC and everything went very well, they were very helpful in answering all my questions and their custom options you can get when ordering helped tailor my order to my laptop needs for my work. I would definitely use them again and also recommend Xotic PC to anyone looking for a new PC.

"The item arrived in a timely manner and in good condition as described. The seller responded to all communication (chat/email/phone) promptly and clearly. I'm satisfied with the price I paid for this high quality product."

"After 104 days of dealing with Xotic PC, I received 2 checks. The first had a restocking fee deducted from it. I contacted Xotic PC and complained. The last order was cancelled because Xotic PC stated in an email it would take 3 to 8 days to get one out of the warehouse to ship it to me. There was no restocking done. They refunded the rest in the second check.

Before I left the US, I placed an order from EXcaliberPC. I ordered on Sunday, Monday I had a tracking number, and Friday I had the computer. It did not take weeks for them to get a stock computer out the door to me!!

I would still advise anyone to buy their computer from another company than Xotic PC. They may put components in great computers, but the wait and potential nightmares in dealing with them is not worth it, at least in my opinion.

If you search different forums that Xotic PC does not have moderators on, you will see that waiting more than a few months for a refund is not uncommon.

@Gamer2008. Did you see it was 104 days? I have multiple emails, chats and recorded phone calls with Xotic PC. I wonder how this newbie error prevented 4 other employees from finding this error over a 3 month period? I wonder how this newbie error stopped any action until I started posting about it? I wonder how this newbie error made the finance officer take out a restocking fee? I wonder how Xotic PC tells me a check went out on Friday, and was postmarked at 2PM Monday? It is obvious you will pay one way or the other if you deal with Xotic PC.

Rep reply posted Sep-14-2015

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are deeply sorry for this error with your order. At the time you placed your order the machine was back ordered from the manufacturer, and nobody had the model, so by placing an order weeks later with another company when they model was available by the manufacturer it was able to ship out immediately. Also we agree that a staff member made an error with processing your check on your order. Once this issue was brought to management's attention, we worked very hard to fix the issue even offering a machine at our cost with some promo items included free of charge. We also ensured that the refunds were sent out immediately. This was an isolated issue and corrective actions/preventative measures were executed immediately with the staff member that made this mistake. Every business is not perfect but we make up for any issues that may arise as we genuinely care for each and every customer. We are glad that you received the machine you were wanting and hope you enjoy.”

"Process of ordering fromm Xoticpc it is always a smooth and enjoyable experience. The fact that the process is constantly updated, and how helpful and knowledgeable the employees are is what made me decide to come back and purchase this system from Xoticpc again. The shipping was fast and was received before a trip i had planned as they promised me. The product itself was just as ordered. I recommend Xoticpc to my friends and would do so for anybody seeking a system. "

"I was looking for a new laptop that was comparable to my custom built desktop before heading out to graduate school, and was recommended this retailer site by my brother. Xotic PC has a wide selection of pc to accommodate a majority of people looking for gaming computers, from enthusiast such as myself to budget gamers. They have a variety of different brands and customization options including both desktop and laptops. Their in house alteration, custom designs, add on, and other superfluous materials are extensive and appreciated. The aspect that was most exemplary regarding this retailer was the diverse options that they offer. I was able to find exactly the system I wanted with the specs that I wanted, in short I was not force into the position of buying something worse than my desire pc or something more expensive. Preinstalled software had no issue and hardware is fully functional so far, warranty options are also available for skeptics and from my keen observation their customer service team seems very well competent if something did go awry.

Closing statements, payment was painless and convenient, service was good, production and delivery was faster than anticipated. They follow up with my purchase and gave me the perception that they care about their customer satisfaction. I would recommend buying PC here if looking to avoid the hassle of building one or looking for a nice gaming laptop.

"Several years ago I was scouring the internet on where to buy my first new laptop. After some time I decided to try out Xotic PC. The first time was easy peasy no hassle transaction.

2 years after that I needed to replace the G53sw keyboard because of over use, and all it took was a quick chat and a few emails with some instructions, and I was able to replace them myself. This greatly added my confidence with Xotic.

Several months after that I bought my first prebuilt desktop (no time to buy and build on my own and for consolidated warranty purposes) and the process was the same, a few chats, a few emails and several weeks later a new desktop. Most of the parts I requested wherein even on the option list.

Now to this year, I needed a thinner laptop and decided to buy the Sager 8651. Since I was going on a vacation, I did the rush shipping and after the payment has been placed, it took less than 7 days for me to get the laptop.

Can't emphasize enough on the service. It is always good to know that the people I talk to knows what they are doing or what I am talking about.

All of these purchases are still working:
2011 - asus g53sw laptop
2013 - custom desktop
2015 - sager 8651 laptop

"Very friendly and helpful."

"I have purchased two systems from Xotic, a laptop last year and a desktop this year. The sales rep was able to customize both systems to my specific needs, and the units were delivered on time and as configured. Neither has required any service. I will purchase a third unit from them next year and have recommended them to my gaming clan mates."

"Great website. Multiple customizable options with every laptop to help control price, and great products. My order took a few weeks to process and ship, but considering that they build and stressed test to computer themselves that's understandable. Overall I was very impressed with both xotic pc and my purchase."

"Great service. They talked to me all the way through the process once the order was placed and outlined in great detail every step of the assembly to shipping process"

"Everything went great with my order. I had multiple questions before ordering which were answered quickly and professionally. I also made a slight change after I placed my order, which was quickly accommodated. Shipping was fast and I am happy with the custom work they did. Would definitely use again."

"The overall service was excellent! The process and the communicaton were smooth; they keep you updated with every process your machine went trough, letting you realign your command if needed (which was not the case for me, i got everything as expected) also making sure every relate to the payment is fine as well."

" This laptop needs no introduction. It wont take long before you google this model and discover that this laptop, nicknamed: "The Batman" (By online users) is an incredible piece of technology.

This laptop is one of the first to fit a DESKTOP CPU (i7-4790 Desktop z97 Chip Set) among the 15inch sized laptops. Its solid rugged, and designed practically so its sheer amount of power is also backed up by hardware that can handle it! It has a great cooling system, with a total of 7 BLACK copper heat sink tubes, and is where it earned its nickname of "The Batman" There are a crap ton of ports all over the place idk what to do with myself.

The underside is MADE for serious PC users who want to modify and upgrade the internals furthermore, so everything is accessible. This beast has 4 hard drive port:
2 normal hard drives
and 2 micro ssd chip ports.
The CPU and GPU are user upgrade-able(socketed), so you can switch out the current CPU and GPU to any new chip within its generation and type for the next few years. I wont deny it, I don't often use it like a normal laptop, Its VHF TAPE SIZED power adapter make it less mobile, so you will be wanting to set this rig up on solid surfaces like a personal office.
As far as performance... you will have to visit this link (Notebook review) http://tinyurl.com/ogyrm9r
Lets just say that I booted up ARMA 3, I went to the graphics and saw everything was on HIGH as expected, to double check I clicked on "AUTO DETECT" ...AND ALL THE SETTINGS SWITCHED TO ULTRA!
I chose the bare bones stock option, and this leads me into my advice when working with xotic PC:
There may be some harsh reviews on their CS, but do not forget that these guys are working hard dealing with multiple corporations and relying on them to ship in all these parts to create your build for you and make sure everything works right while offering the most EXTENSIVE customization options witch complicates things even more.

Please consider scrolling further down their laptop listings before adding upgrades because every PC Model has its own "Upgraded Version" further down labeled as a "-S" or "-A" version already stocked, and usually its priced 100$ cheaper than if you where to make the custom upgrades yourself on the cheaper version. Buying a stock option without upgrades guarantees you the FASTEST order process, so make sure to look for a upgraded stock version that might have all the upgrades you alredy wanted instead of adding them on your own.

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,677 merchant members.