Stores > Xotic PC

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.26/10 8.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.83/10 8.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.76/10 6.76/10

2016-04-08

Exotic pc ..more like greatest ppl ever!!!

"Service is 11 of 10
Products and custom work 11 of 10
Any other fathomable category 11 of 10...greatest company I've ever dealt with...will Def purchase from exotic pc again and every one reading this should as well...disappointment is never in stock

This review was modified by Nero909 on April 08 2016 03:36:17 PM

2016-04-08

Excellent customer service! Exceeded my expectations

"I bought a customized MSI gaming laptop from XoticPC last Fall. The entire experience exceeded my expectations. Before ordering the laptop, I exchanged countless emails with their sales folks over a two month period while I was saving up money and making my final selection. They always responded promptly with good information. After placing the order, they kept me informed of the status. When I received the laptop, it was almost perfect. I say "almost" because there was an MSI program missing which I wanted installed. Apparently, that program isn't installed by default, and I hadn't told them I wanted it. So, that wasn't a mistake on their part. In any case, their customer service people told me exactly what I needed to do, and after that the PC truly was perfect. I have been using it for many months now, and I'm completely satisfied. I will definitely use them again for all my future PC needs."

This review was modified by jimsweetjim on April 08 2016 01:27:39 PM

Quick Shipping and Great Service

"Xotic PC did not disappoint me with their services. My laptop arrived on time and without any hassle. Xotic regulared updated me with the progress of my computer and was at ready any time to answer any questions I had."

This review was modified by Turbanator on April 08 2016 01:13:26 PM

2016-04-08

Good customer service, satisfied with the laptop

"I bought a MSI PE60-6QE laptop from Xotic pc. The laptop is working well without any problem. I am fully satisfied with it. I will definitely suggest Xotic pc to my friends."

This review was modified by tamo-86 on April 08 2016 12:18:37 PM

2016-04-06

"If your looking for a company that you can get a good quality gaming laptop from at a great price I have to recommend Xotic. I've ordered two laptops from them and both times the customer service was stellar. I only had one problem when I ordered the second laptop from them, due to it being put of stock and it was quickly resolved. They found me an even better computer for a hundred dollars less and rush ordered it free of charge. Both computers made it to my door on time and in perfect shape. Heck they even contacted me to make sure they where still going strong after 6 months. "

This review was modified by Drackae on April 06 2016 03:12:35 PM

2016-04-05

First Time Customer of Xotic PC

"Had problems but was fixed."

This review was modified by JakeCr8Guru on April 30 2016 12:10:15 PM

2016-03-25

Xotic PC Delivers as Promised

"I usually build my own PCs because I like to learn about the individual components. I was considering doing the same thing for a new laptop, but decided against it. Xotic PC has by far the best website for allowing me to custom configure the options. Their pricing was competitive, mainly due to the fact I didn't have to buy any features I didn't want. If you want to order and get delivery in a few days, then Amazon is probably your best choice. But if you want to tweak your options, then Xotic PC is definitely your best choice. They emailed me every few days with updates on the assembly process and delivered in the time frame exactly as promised.

I purchased a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219. It is a modern marvel. I haven't bought a new computer in 8 years, so I felt like I went to sleep and woke up in a far distant future to advanced technology that looks like magic. It does everything as advertised. It runs all modern games at max settings without any slowdowns. What really amazes me is the power consumption maxes out at 160 watts and the power supply is rated at 250 watts. This blows my mind because my 8 year old gaming mid-upper level desktop has an 850W power supply, which wasn't considered very large at the time. The advances in CPU and GPU power consumption has allowed desktop performance in a laptop. Amazing. Solid state hard drives have also significantly pushed the state of the art of modern computing performance to power consumption ratio up. The only problem I've seen is the LCD screen has significant white aberrations along the bottom. I've fixed it somewhat with careful adjustment of the bezel, but it's still a problem in dark game scenes. A $2,000+ computer should not have this kind of problem. MSI needs to fix this. At full power, the GPU & CPU produces a lot of heat, but the GT72S easily rejects this heat via two very effective vents in the back. The keyboard & mouse pad only warm up a little and the bottom stays very cool because most of bottom is a grille for air intake. Don't put anything susceptible to heat behind the laptop because the air output is very hot and concentrated. You can also upgrade the GPU, but I doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon.

I noticed that some reviewers are disappointed with Xotic PC because they bungled some stupid free gift like a $10 dollar backpack or free game. Really!? If this cheap, gimmicky crap that many manufacturers use as tools to get people to buy their products is governing your decision, then either you’re a spoiled 13 year old or an out of work loafer on food stamps that doesn't know anything about life. My advice to you is focus on the important stuff in life because it's full of disappointments. Ok, I had to say that. Sorry if I offended you.

2016-03-24

Good place for high end laptops - but DON'T PAY CASH!

"I decided to give Xotic a try after the gaming laptop vendor I used for 10 years went out of business. (I highly recommend finding an independent ... the big boys are a ripoff in the gaming laptop department.)

Xotic offers the basic services I really look for. They burn in the machine for you, make sure there are no dead pixels, and do a nice clean O/S install. No bloatware, no garbage utilities... just the O/S and drivers for a nice fast boot. And they allow a high degree of customization in terms of CPU, memory, hard drives, etc.

My only complaint (and why I am giving them 4 stars) is that I tried to save a little money by paying cash instead of credit card. Big mistake. It took 2-3 weeks for the order to actually be placed, and during that time I kept jumping through hoops (send a photo of your drivers license. Now send an image of the cleared check. Now send a list of all the 4 digit prime numbers. OK, I made that last one up.)

If you want the discount, do a wire transfer (which is a pain too in my experience.) My advice? Skip the discount and use a credit card.

I will say to their credit that when I complained about all the hassle they were very polite and responsive. My sincere advice to them is to stop offering checks as a payment option.

Bottom line, I would definitely buy here again. And I'll bump them up to 5 stars next time if I pay by credit card and everything goes smoothly.

This review was modified by overcam on March 24 2016 05:54:58 PM

2016-03-24

Superb Customer Service

"I was given misleading information from Pay Pal concerning large purchases. When I contacted XOTIC they tried to get the payments from Pay Pal, but it was just not happening. I was working with Joseph and over a period of couple of weeks and creative workarounds I was able to send my payment. Joseph was incredibly patient and understanding. He exemplifies customer service.

Hollis

This review was modified by Cartman1701 on March 24 2016 09:14:55 AM

2016-03-23

Great site, great customer service, one minor shipping issue

"I ordered a new system and selected my work address as the shipping address since there would be no one at home to receive the package. Due to some security considerations with my credit card company (so I was told), the shipping address was changed to my home address (which matches my billing address).

I chatted online with one of their representatives who was very polite and professional. He told me that the only way to change the shipping address was to cancel the order and replace it, which would have resulted in an additional delay. I opted to leave the order as it is.

I am disappointed that changing something as simple as a shipping address should be so difficult. I had ordered two prior systems with XoticPC in the past and both were shipped to my work address (which is still the same) without any issues.

2016-03-02

Why I am the unlucky one!!! Then, Tanner M. make it right.

"I am not sure why when there are many customers having 5 stars experience while mine is the opposite. I just want to share my experience here.

Below is my communication with the company regarding my order with XoticPC. After 2 months, I finally gotten my laptop, but I am only getting a so-so MSI backpack instead of the MSI gamepack. The MSI gamepack was a special offer at the time when I purchased the MSI gaming laptop, the item is listed in my order, but it ended up XotocPC had run out of the game pack when they shipped my order. When hearing nothing from the company, I contacted the company to request for the gamepack. After two weeks of communication and finally contacted the sale manager, I provided a compromise to request just the MSI back pack. But instead of the nice Hecate backpack, I was sent a low grade MSI Dragon backpack. Even after offering a compromise, I felt like the company did not provide enough effort to resolve the issue.

Overall it was a unsatisfied experience I had. The MSI gamepack, particularly the Hecate backpack , was the reason I went with the MSI laptop, but my excitement in getting the MSI laptop turned into frustration with the shipping delay and the missing gamepack.

< >

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration with xoticpc.

When I placed an order for the MSI laptop back in December. My selection of the MSI over other brand is partly because of the FREE game pack offer during the month of December. I was so excited to have a gaming laptop along with the matching back pack. After I placed the order, I was looking forwarded to receive everything for the Christmas time.

After several sporadic email from xoticpc on the status of the laptop, and waited for a long 44 days, the laptop finally arrived end of January. It was a big surprise for me that it would take that long for the computer. Also, there were a period of time that I have not received any update on the progress, I had to contact your company to find out that there are more delay. It was already a disappointment as I was planning to set up the laptop during the Christmas holiday, and it did not arrive at a reasonable time frame.

After the laptop arrived, I opened the box to discover that there were no game pack inside. I was expecting the game pack might be sent in separate shipment. But after two days of waiting, and noting show up. And there is on communication from Xoticpc about the missing game pack. Only when I contact Xoticpc two days later then I heard that the game pack is no longer available, and I was offered some game code as a consolation compensation.

In my order that I placed on December 15, 2105. the game pack is clearly listed in the order as part of the delivery. And there were no mentioning about that the item "may not be delivered when we are no longer have it". What kind of store policy is that? I would expect a company of your size with many good review should treat its customer in the utmost respect, and not to cheat them in the way that you cheated me. My excitement in receiving my first high end laptop quickly turn into anger and frustration. I had spent many hours contacting your sale department to inquire about the missing game pack. The answer I got was that it is not log available, you are out of luck. How would that be possible? This is the first time I dealt with a company who does not honor its deal. I was really looking forward to receive the matching MSI backpack to go along with the MSI laptop, I spent so much time to search for the alternative, and see if there is any available for purchase on line. I did find a few site that still offer the laptop back pack. If I have to purchase the gamepack online, it might cost up to $150.00.

The reasoning I was given why the gamepack is no longer available is because Xoticpc is not reserving the gamepack for any MSI laptop order upfront when the order is placed. It is kind of ridiculous for this kind of business practice.

My ultimate goal is to receive the game back which I was legitimate warrant when I placed my order with Xoticpc. It ....... < deleted> ...else.

Update after I posted my review. I got a call from the service manager-Tanner, he understand my issue, and he tried to fix the situation right away. At the end, he was able to found the game pack for me, and have it shipped out right away. I just received the package, and I am very happy about it. I really appreciated the extra effort and attention in resolving the issue for me. I changed my rating to 5 for the great length that Tanner has done in fixing the problem.

This review was modified by weelaro on March 08 2016 12:02:43 PM

2016-02-26

Order slow to verify, but came thru in the end

"I placed an order on February 16th due to verification problems my order stayed in limbo for a few weeks. I was concerned that they wouldn't be able to make my delivery date and was frustrated that my order was stuck in the "manager review" phase.

But Josh Triplett, the company COO, got involved and he helped me get the order approved. The moral of the story: If you are ordering from outside the US, for delivery in the US, the best way to pay is with a US Paypal account.

Once approved, my laptop went through the production process at lightning speed and delivery was much earlier than my target date. Many thanks to Josh and XoticPC for coming through for me. Really appreciated.

This review was modified by brando39 on March 03 2016 06:43:00 AM

2016-02-24

Awesome Service with Xotic PC

"I recently bought a laptop from Xotic PC through amazon. After purchasing the laptop, I came to the realization that many of the other laptops I saw came with a free game code for buying a laptop with a 970m inside. Seeing that mine didnt have that info on the product page I decided to message amazon customer service about it. They had informed me that not all laptops were eligible for the codes and even though my laptop did come with the 970m there was no guarantee that mine would come with a code for The Division.

I had excepted defeat and was fine with it, but then remembering that the laptop was actually coming from Xotic PC and just being shipped by amazon, I decided to check their site out. After finding my product i saw that there was nothing about a free game code and was about to leave when I saw they had a live chat available. Clicking on it, I was unable to reach anyone but was asked to leave an email for them to respond to. Having already pretty much given up on the code, I decided why not leave a message that maybe a few days or week down the line might get answered.

This was the best choice I had made, because to my surprise within hours of my email message, I had received an e-mail back from their customer service team. Reading it I was surprised because having such a fast response I assumed it was just an automated response, but instead was greeted by a message from Joseph L, who wanted to see my amazon order number so he could investigate.

After giving him my order number, within hours he was able to verify my purchase and that my laptop did indeed come with a free game code eligible 970m. Asked me to give him a little time so he could procure the code for me. This was no problem, and I was then given a code to my free game The Division. This was all within the first 24 hours of sending my first e-mail. In todays age, with auto responses and sorrys, it was nice to have a personal interaction with someone and having felt like someone was there to actually help. I hope for many purchases in Xotic PCs future. Shout out to Joseph L!

TL:DR Xotic PC came through with the excellent customer care, and was able to get everything gravy faster then most phone conversations.

This review was modified by hugothegrand on February 24 2016 10:03:28 AM

2016-02-22

3 months waiting but...

"So after I wrote a review explaining my situation. (3 months waiting for a laptop) I was contacted by Tanner from Xotic PC. He actually explained that they had a problem of compatibility with the hard drive (costumer service never cared to write me about it). And explained he was working on it, they upgraded de drive to a better one for free and gave me a code for a free game.
As today the laptop is in final phase and hopefully will arrive next week.
I have to say that costumer service should learn from service management, particularly in the communication part.
I'm completely pleased by Tanner's prompt response to the issue.It's a matter of how you treat your costumers.

This review was modified by Eldred3169 on February 24 2016 12:57:50 PM

2016-02-20

A long write-up of my XoticPC experience

"UPDATE: XoticPC reached out to me to deal with the situation. According to their rep at notebookreview.com they have reworked their online ordering process and hired more sales reps to prevent the unresponsiveness I experienced, so hopefully new customers will not have to go through the same frustrations as I did. Tanner suggested to expedite a second RMA for me which I will have to leave for later due to my current workload and offered to send me an external fingerprint reader, resolving most of my current problems.
With the most recent interactions in mind, I think XoticPC do care about their customers even despite some potential frustrations and slip-ups.

To start it off, my situation was a bit complicated by the fact that I was not the one paying for the laptop. I was fortunate enough to be a part of a program within a fairly large organisation that agreed to purchase it for me, which however created a surprising amount of hold-ups during the whole process. My initial order was a Sager NP8672-S, placed 8/24/2015. When I checked the website 2 days after placing the order, Sager NP8672-S was nowhere to be found. After some searching online I found out that the model got discontinued, and in a phone call with an Xotic rep I was told that they likely won't be able to fulfill any order placed after 8/22. Instead of a notice about this however, I got an order confirmation and my order was updated to processing on 8/25. It took them a week to actually email me that the order cannot be fulfilled.

So I had explain the whole situation to our coordinator, and place a new order for the 15.6" version of the laptop. This time, paid by card. Big mistake. We found out that xoticPC require a phone verification of the order. With the cardholder. Which in our case was the vice president of the organisation, who does not deal with direct purchases at all. So yeah, Susan S. sent me a confusing email (a WEEK after placing the order) that she started processing the order and needs a phone call from me to verify it, after which she proceeded to ignore all my phone calls and emails for the next day. I was calling them about every hour during your opening time and NOBODY was picking up. When I finally reached Susan, she told me the only way to proceed with the order is to bother the vice president to call her directly. Given the chance of Susan picking up being about 1 in 50, and the fact that this has already taken another WEEK and meanwhile the model I ordered was again discontinued I was getting pretty frustrated.

Fortunately though, the situation got resolved and the actual build time by Sager was suprisingly fast.

I got the PC roughly 3 weeks after I placed the order and loved it ever since I first turned it on.

About a month and a half of use later, the fingerprint reader started to act up. This progressively got worse until it stopped working altogether. Later I installed Office2016 and started experiencing BSODs that are documented online. The fix that was suggested was updating BIOS, which I couldn't find on xoticPC's website so I decided to contact the tech support.

After some back and forth (with some delays in communication) I was told that a new BIOS does not exist; and to try to reinstall Windows. In the meanwhile the laptop started crashing upon waking from hibernation to which Eric F. responded with opening a RMA with Sager, without me asking him to or even indicating that it's what I'd like to do. Windows reinstallation fixed the hibernation problem but not the Office2016 or the fingerprint reader (which after some ups and downs and different driver tests became reverted back to 1-in-20 chance). I finally decided that when I wanted a laptop with a fingerprint reader, it may be worth the wait for the reader to actually work and sent the laptop - my only home PC on which I do majority of work - for RMA.

To cut the long story short, I went 2 weeks without a PC and nothing changed. FP reader was not fixed, BIOS suddenly existed and got updated.

In general and short my whole experience with XoticPC was a huge disappointment. The payment process was incredibly convoluted and delayed my order by at least a week and a half, the sales staff was completely unresponsive during main opening hours, tech staff were not really helpful, and the RMA at Sager did not fix the major problem.

When deciding which company to pick I read a bunch of similar negative experiences, but stupidly enough I thought they were an exception and wouldn't happen to me. Unfortunately either I was another of those exceptions, or these experiences are fairly common. Since I don't really see anything left for me to do I think I can at least try to prevent others from making the same mistake.

PS: All this was sent 18 days ago to Tanner M. as a response to his system follow-up email where he asked me about my experiences with the PC and xoticPC on the whole. Try and guess what kind of response I got. None.

This review was modified by lotusmonk on March 01 2016 08:41:01 AM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,517 merchant members.