Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.22/10 7.22/10

2016-02-24

Awesome Service with Xotic PC

"I recently bought a laptop from Xotic PC through amazon. After purchasing the laptop, I came to the realization that many of the other laptops I saw came with a free game code for buying a laptop with a 970m inside. Seeing that mine didnt have that info on the product page I decided to message amazon customer service about it. They had informed me that not all laptops were eligible for the codes and even though my laptop did come with the 970m there was no guarantee that mine would come with a code for The Division.

I had excepted defeat and was fine with it, but then remembering that the laptop was actually coming from Xotic PC and just being shipped by amazon, I decided to check their site out. After finding my product i saw that there was nothing about a free game code and was about to leave when I saw they had a live chat available. Clicking on it, I was unable to reach anyone but was asked to leave an email for them to respond to. Having already pretty much given up on the code, I decided why not leave a message that maybe a few days or week down the line might get answered.

This was the best choice I had made, because to my surprise within hours of my email message, I had received an e-mail back from their customer service team. Reading it I was surprised because having such a fast response I assumed it was just an automated response, but instead was greeted by a message from Joseph L, who wanted to see my amazon order number so he could investigate.

After giving him my order number, within hours he was able to verify my purchase and that my laptop did indeed come with a free game code eligible 970m. Asked me to give him a little time so he could procure the code for me. This was no problem, and I was then given a code to my free game The Division. This was all within the first 24 hours of sending my first e-mail. In todays age, with auto responses and sorrys, it was nice to have a personal interaction with someone and having felt like someone was there to actually help. I hope for many purchases in Xotic PCs future. Shout out to Joseph L!

TL:DR Xotic PC came through with the excellent customer care, and was able to get everything gravy faster then most phone conversations.

This review was modified by hugothegrand on February 24 2016 10:03:28 AM

2016-02-22

3 months waiting but...

"So after I wrote a review explaining my situation. (3 months waiting for a laptop) I was contacted by Tanner from Xotic PC. He actually explained that they had a problem of compatibility with the hard drive (costumer service never cared to write me about it). And explained he was working on it, they upgraded de drive to a better one for free and gave me a code for a free game.
As today the laptop is in final phase and hopefully will arrive next week.
I have to say that costumer service should learn from service management, particularly in the communication part.
I'm completely pleased by Tanner's prompt response to the issue.It's a matter of how you treat your costumers.

This review was modified by Eldred3169 on February 24 2016 12:57:50 PM

2016-02-20

A long write-up of my XoticPC experience

"UPDATE: XoticPC reached out to me to deal with the situation. According to their rep at notebookreview.com they have reworked their online ordering process and hired more sales reps to prevent the unresponsiveness I experienced, so hopefully new customers will not have to go through the same frustrations as I did. Tanner suggested to expedite a second RMA for me which I will have to leave for later due to my current workload and offered to send me an external fingerprint reader, resolving most of my current problems.
With the most recent interactions in mind, I think XoticPC do care about their customers even despite some potential frustrations and slip-ups.

To start it off, my situation was a bit complicated by the fact that I was not the one paying for the laptop. I was fortunate enough to be a part of a program within a fairly large organisation that agreed to purchase it for me, which however created a surprising amount of hold-ups during the whole process. My initial order was a Sager NP8672-S, placed 8/24/2015. When I checked the website 2 days after placing the order, Sager NP8672-S was nowhere to be found. After some searching online I found out that the model got discontinued, and in a phone call with an Xotic rep I was told that they likely won't be able to fulfill any order placed after 8/22. Instead of a notice about this however, I got an order confirmation and my order was updated to processing on 8/25. It took them a week to actually email me that the order cannot be fulfilled.

So I had explain the whole situation to our coordinator, and place a new order for the 15.6" version of the laptop. This time, paid by card. Big mistake. We found out that xoticPC require a phone verification of the order. With the cardholder. Which in our case was the vice president of the organisation, who does not deal with direct purchases at all. So yeah, Susan S. sent me a confusing email (a WEEK after placing the order) that she started processing the order and needs a phone call from me to verify it, after which she proceeded to ignore all my phone calls and emails for the next day. I was calling them about every hour during your opening time and NOBODY was picking up. When I finally reached Susan, she told me the only way to proceed with the order is to bother the vice president to call her directly. Given the chance of Susan picking up being about 1 in 50, and the fact that this has already taken another WEEK and meanwhile the model I ordered was again discontinued I was getting pretty frustrated.

Fortunately though, the situation got resolved and the actual build time by Sager was suprisingly fast.

I got the PC roughly 3 weeks after I placed the order and loved it ever since I first turned it on.

About a month and a half of use later, the fingerprint reader started to act up. This progressively got worse until it stopped working altogether. Later I installed Office2016 and started experiencing BSODs that are documented online. The fix that was suggested was updating BIOS, which I couldn't find on xoticPC's website so I decided to contact the tech support.

After some back and forth (with some delays in communication) I was told that a new BIOS does not exist; and to try to reinstall Windows. In the meanwhile the laptop started crashing upon waking from hibernation to which Eric F. responded with opening a RMA with Sager, without me asking him to or even indicating that it's what I'd like to do. Windows reinstallation fixed the hibernation problem but not the Office2016 or the fingerprint reader (which after some ups and downs and different driver tests became reverted back to 1-in-20 chance). I finally decided that when I wanted a laptop with a fingerprint reader, it may be worth the wait for the reader to actually work and sent the laptop - my only home PC on which I do majority of work - for RMA.

To cut the long story short, I went 2 weeks without a PC and nothing changed. FP reader was not fixed, BIOS suddenly existed and got updated.

In general and short my whole experience with XoticPC was a huge disappointment. The payment process was incredibly convoluted and delayed my order by at least a week and a half, the sales staff was completely unresponsive during main opening hours, tech staff were not really helpful, and the RMA at Sager did not fix the major problem.

When deciding which company to pick I read a bunch of similar negative experiences, but stupidly enough I thought they were an exception and wouldn't happen to me. Unfortunately either I was another of those exceptions, or these experiences are fairly common. Since I don't really see anything left for me to do I think I can at least try to prevent others from making the same mistake.

PS: All this was sent 18 days ago to Tanner M. as a response to his system follow-up email where he asked me about my experiences with the PC and xoticPC on the whole. Try and guess what kind of response I got. None.

This review was modified by lotusmonk on March 01 2016 08:41:01 AM

2016-02-18

XoticPC is the Best!

"just got my new Sager Laptop from XoticPC today! it is a beast! i love it and the whole support team is amazing and does great work! From Megan helping me on the phone and conforming my order, to Alex emailing me and making sure everything turned out good after i recieved it, their service is fast and super helpful. They do all they can to ensure that you are satified with their product. Definitely happy with my buy and am definitly going to buy from them again in the future!"

This review was modified by thehood62 on February 18 2016 02:49:41 PM

2016-02-18

Paying for them because they cant keep their promise

"place my order on 2/7, on 2/8 i got email said its in phase 1, and itll enter phase 2 in 3-8 business days, after 8 business days ? the stuff told me i have to wait at least another week, how great is that, so i decide to cancel the order, now they say u have to pay us 3% (180$) because we lie to u, and we cant keep our promise.
Update: after talk to their sales manger they able to rush my order, and make it fit into the total estimate time range 13 business days, and probably ship out next week, im glad they call me and let me keep this order.

This review was modified by FidericZ on February 19 2016 07:27:45 AM

2016-02-17

Absolutely fantastic custom computer and laptop builder

"Xotic PC is the best custom PC and laptop builder I've ever used the customer service is above and beyond in every way. I ordered a laptop and i couldn't be happier."

This review was modified by JBlatt25 on February 17 2016 06:36:03 AM

2016-02-15

Love the Customer Service, Love the Computer

"Hey, I love it! This computer is truly awesome! I’ve been playing Fallout 4 at full resolution without any hiccups. I had to turn down some of the settings in Assassins Creed Syndicate, but it still looks amazing! Everything about this pc is awesome. Oh! During gaming, the GPU and CPU both stay at around 65 C. From what I know, this is amazingly cool for being under those kinds of loads. One thing I can’t find any info about on line is that the place where my left palm rests, which is where the 1TB mechanical drive is located, gets hot during gaming. I have the game loaded onto the SSD, which is closer to the middle of the pc, and so I don’t understand why the mechanical drive heats up during my gameplay. One other minor thing is that I have noticed two pixels that are either dead or stuck, if there is a difference. One of them is in the center of my screen and only can be noticed when that part of the screen is black because it sticks out being the color green that it is. The other one is towards the lower left-hand side of the screen and can only be noticed when that part of the screen is white because it is stuck to the color black. I usually notice that particular pixel while I’m using Microsoft Word. Those are really the only two issues that I can think of. I love the backpack and the keyboard cover that came with the purchase. The backpack is of high quality and I use it whenever I need to transport my machine. The keyboard cover is great and I leave it on pretty much all the time unless I’m typing a paper. This is the first computer that I’ve used that uses Windows 10 and I love it! Windows 10 is, I feel, a perfect upgrade from windows 7. I’m very glad that I got to skip the hassle of Windows 8 and 8.1. I just love how the pc is an all metal frame besides the bottom. The cold-to-the-touch feeling it has when you first start it up makes it feel so premium. I forgot to mention that the startup time from fully shut down to home screen is 15 seconds! This is all thanks to the 128 GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIE NVME drive. I have already looked into upgrading to a higher storage capacity because this drive is amazing! I’m going to wait until they come out with at least a 1TB option though. That brings me to how easy it is to upgrade the storage on this machine. Any 2.5” drive can fit into the now mechanical drive space if I ever need to upgrade and that also goes for the M.2 slot as well as the RAM! That’s all that I can think of for now, but there is so much I love about this machine, I’m sure I’ve missed a lot. Thank you for reaching out to me to check up on how my purchase has been. I look forward to doing business with your company again in the future!"

2016-02-15

Xotic Service!

"The team at Xotic PC did a phenomenal job of helping me build the gaming machine that I wanted. After I placed my initial I was promptly contacted by their customer service department to go over the details of my build and finalize everything. I was in constant contact with someone throughout the entire building an testing phase of my machine.

Additionally, I missed out on a free game offer when I purchased my machine and their customer service followed up with me to make sure that my machine was running as best as I had expected and they gave me the option to pick a game from their current promotions.

I will definitely be using them again when I upgrade again!

This review was modified by JakeC. on February 15 2016 08:27:41 PM

2016-02-12

Awesome company!

"Bought my sager from this comoany back in 2012. These dudes are really great when it comes to customer service. Needed to replace cd drive coz it wasnt working. Got the parrs 2 days later.

Bought gaming msi in oct of 2015.

Will buy from them again. 10/10

This review was modified by Seven309 on February 12 2016 06:38:35 AM

2016-02-11

Xotic PC will have my business forever.

"I don't normally write reviews unless I have had a negative experience, but in this case I MUST make an exception. I ordered a custom laptop from them at the end of October. They made sure I was getting everything I wanted during each step of the order including confirming that I intentionally ordered it without an operating system. I will never order a new laptop from anyplace other than Xotic PC. They have earned my business forever. Anytime someone is talking about getting a new computer I try to steer them towards xoticpc.com."

This review was modified by cymage on February 11 2016 07:42:53 AM

2016-02-04

You're almost there........

"This is my first experience with a reseller. I am not a gamer, but I found myself in the market for a gaming laptop as they are built to handle resource hungry media editing software.
I researched all the major resellers, and Xotic won my business, in no small part because of the reviews that I read on this site. Not to mention after visiting all of the reseller's sites and "building" the machine I wanted to check out the final price, I discovered that Xotic provided more options than the competition. I received delivery of my machine 2 days ago, and I absolutely could not be happier.
I purchased the MSI GT72s Dominator Pro G-219. I upped the memory to 32GB, an added an additional SSD drive to the already ample power this thing is equipped with. I have thrown an editing project that consisted of 4K video, and lots of transitions, color correction, and other things that I have seen other machines bog down on and it spit it out like it was nothing! I feel really good about my purchase with Xotic.
So why only the 4 stars, you ask? Communication.

Another thing that convinced me to go with these guys was in their FAQ section, they specifically state that Laptop builds ship 4 to 9 business days after the order is processed. But when you receive your confirmation that the order is processed successfully (meaning that they have your money in hand), there is a contradictory remark that the build will take 9 to 16 days to ship after the order has made it to Phase 2 of their building process. Order Processing is Phase 1. This is a direct contradiction, and leaves you wondering when exactly you might receive your order. There is no guarantee when your order will make it to Phase 2. They do add, however if you pay an extra $49 'Rush fee" that your build will be shipped 1 to 4 days after Phase 2. To me this added insult to the already minor injury I was experiencing, and left me wondering how $49 could magically get my order out faster when they claim they painstakingly work to get your order out as fast as possible anyway. This left me a pretty anxious because lack of inventory, back orders, or Godzilla attacking Lincoln, NE could greatly affect how long my build would take, and I wouldn't have known it until AFTER I paid for the service. For the record, and referencing the statement I had originally read of 4 to 9 days after order processing in the FAQ section, my order shipped 13 business days after it was processed.

So with that, and though I was slightly aggravated with the vagueness in which Xotic PC states that you can expect your order, my overall experience with them has been great. Alex with Xotic is always quick to respond to any email that you send him, and he seems very eager to keep his customers happy. My new machine came very well packaged, and it is by far, SO FAR the best PC I have ever owned. I do wish that MSI would design a Laptop with the GT72's specific hardware design, that was a little less gamer oriented in the way it looks, as in a little more professional looking and less resembling a UFO at night but that is for an MSI specific review and not Xotic.

So Xotic, have your system of estimating build times revamped by the time I am ready to buy another machine, and you'll get that extra star! And yes, I will be doing business with you guys again. Except the next time I will know not to have any expectations of getting my machine at any particular time, but when it does arrive I'll know it was worth the wait because I am getting a Class A build when it arrives.

This review was modified by Scottbg1 on February 05 2016 12:54:58 PM

2016-01-21

Great computer at a great price

"Love the quality of the screen and the ability to get a 2 TB system at an affordable price. Customer service has been good to deal with when I have questions."

This review was modified by azdavid on January 21 2016 11:02:25 AM

Superior Build.

"I had been searching for a while for a laptop to replace my aging Asus. I stumbled across Xotic PC while researching the MSI machines. After much research I ordered a MSI GSS70 Stealth Pro 6.
I added way more options then I'll probably ever need but I only buy once ever 7-8 years.
Pat J at Xotic was great to deal with and communication prior and after the sale has been great. Shipping was pretty quick considering I ordered around the holidays. Unit came in beautifully packaged and I received 2 days after ship notification. One minor free item was left out of my box but Xotic is remedying that issue now.
I would highly recommend Xotic PC and I am extremely happy with my new MSI laptop

XoticPC Best Laptop Reseller Online

"My order was delivered fast and as advertised at a cheaper price than the competition. The customer service was great. I was updated several times on the status of my order by email and phone. The payment options are what you would expect from any big online retailer. They offer a discount if you pay in cash. I also received a military discount without asking for it. XoticPC informed me of the military discount when I shipped to a military post office and applied it to my order. I cannot complain about anything XoticPC had to offer. I recommend buying a laptop from XoticPC, especially a Sager laptop. You won't find a better laptop reseller anywhere else online."

This review was modified by nthnp on January 19 2016 04:31:10 AM

Great Custom Laptop

"My old computer was something that couldn't handle gaming or my computer science homework. Constantly overheating and crashing. So one of my friends recommended Xotic PC. I picked out the MSI GT72 Dominator -019 and customized it to reflect the specifications that my professors recommended as well as made sure it had the best cooling I could get. When I had questions they were really great about answering and answered quickly. It did take a a week to get started on the build but I was informed of every step and if parts were being ordered. When my computer arrived it was beautiful. It came in the premium packaging and was really safe. I got a custom image on it. Also it works wonderfully. I have had no trouble. I was also impressed with the letter that came with the computer and the follow up. Not only did I receive a great laptop which will be my partner for the rest of my school, but I was given excellent customer service. I plan to buy my next computer here. "

This review was modified by nekozuki on January 19 2016 12:12:40 AM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,533 merchant members.