Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.15/10 8.15/10

What is this?

2016-01-08

"Customer service was excellent throughout every step of the process. Response was good and follow-up as well. will recommend to many others."

This review was modified by wages on January 08 2016 02:30:34 PM

2016-01-08

"I'm overall satisfied by Xotic Pc. They answered all my questions before ordering. It took a little longer than I've expected to ship my products, but I've chose to personalize the laptop so I can't blame them as I haven't choose any rush option.
Prices were good and after reading lots and lots of reviews I've placed the order.
I'm a happy customer and most probably my next laptop will be ordered from XoticPc.
PS. For international users: I've ordered and received my laptop in Romania and all was well. You must know that you can pay by wire transfer so be sure you select to pay all the fees by yourself or just transfer a little more money so there will be no delay for your order processing.

2016-01-08

"Very great service! Friendly people!"

This review was modified by thedeadpoet000 on January 08 2016 07:56:08 AM

2016-01-07

"The customer service at Xotic PC is second to none. I was so impressed with all of the facets from ordering to answer questions to problem resolution that Xotic PC will be my go to place for all of my computer purchases. They also continue to care about you as a customer long after your purchase has been shipped. They really are a one of a kind merchant."

This review was modified by starxfighter on January 07 2016 02:36:55 PM

2016-01-06

"Very satisfied with the company. They respond fast and are very helpful with any concerns one may have. Their products are quality as well."

2016-01-05

"Smooth order process. Quick support, expert staff, and nice discounts. Top-notch computers for gamers and definitely my first option and recommendation whenever asked."

This review was modified by TiagoMartines on January 05 2016 11:35:07 AM

2016-01-05

"Amazing service and Excellent build quality . Definitely one of the best Custom PC/Laptop makers in the market. Product was also delivered on time. Overall a wonderful experience. 10/10 ."

This review was modified by nit1805 on January 05 2016 10:38:19 AM

2016-01-05

"Incredible customer service. Did extensive research for the perfect laptop (both high end GPU and battery life when needed). Found the perfect laptop in my Sager P650SG, read many reviews of the great quality of service given by XoticPC and decided to go with their service. I was not disappointed. They do not have a single point of service once your order is place, despite that though, they gave amazing service, constantly keeping in touch with me through email, offering very affordable options for expediting service if I wished. Service was so good that I will be purchasing a Sager through XoticPC for my wife, and all future laptops."

2015-12-29

"This Is a great company! Xotic PC delivered my computer fast, and got some sweet deals as well. Hands down I recommend Xotic PC to anyone looking for any type of computer! You will not be disappointed! "

This review was modified by Sythe1500 on December 29 2015 12:54:44 PM

2015-12-29

"I've been waiting to buy a laptop for years and I finally decided now was the time so I wanted to find the perfect laptop. I had ordered one, and after doing more research on it decided it wasn't for me. It was very easy and fast to cancel my order with a customer service rep and order a new one. However, the next one I ordered was a Sager and soon after I ordered it I was contacted by XOTIC PC and told that Sager had notified them after I placed the order that they weren't making that particular laptop anymore. I talked to the same customer service rep and he helped me pick out an MSI that was similar to the Sager. It cost a little more, but it was overall a better laptop. I've had it for a few months now and I love it! The customer service rep was very kind and patient through the whole process of getting me the best laptop for me. Even thought it was a little bit of a frustrating experience, XOTIC PC made it a good experience overall. "

2015-12-29

"I realize most of the rave reviews on here are about what great PCs and laptops they sell but this review is about after the sale and their RMA and tech support which to me is the most important part of the relationship. I purchased a Sager NP8652 (Clevo P650SG) Jan 2015 and supposedly it comes with a year parts warranty and lifetime 24x7 technical support. Several weeks ago the laptop's display began distorting depending on how far the display was opened. It has gotten progressively worse to the point there's only about one or two angles I can open and view the display making the $2,400 laptop all but unusable. I've had $600 laptops that were more reliable and lasted longer. I've also restored the laptop to its shipped state to ensure it wasn't a software issue. Since the display is viewable at only a couple of angles, about 45 and 140 degrees, I'm confident it's a hardware issue. I sent a RMA Request email 12/24/15 informing them of the problem and asking them to send it back for repair or replacement. I realize they were closed the 24th and 25th for the holidays but it is now 12/29 and they have not responded to my RMA Request. Are they ignoring my request until the year expires in a month? Who knows. If they finally respond and resolve my issue I may update this review as others have done but I'm not optimistic. Update #1 12/29/15: Within 8 minutes of this review I was contacted by Josh at XoticPC asking for information to complete the RMA Request. Of course the online RMA Request is inoperable at the moment but I emailed him the information he requested. I will continue to update this review. Update #2 12/29/15: Tanner from XoticPC emailed me and suggested I take the cover off and try some of the cables which I did. Although none of them appeared loose obviously one was because after I replaced the cover the display seems to be working more normally. It still has issues when I open and close it but at least I can use it in its normal viewing position. Update #3 12/29/15: Found a video online for swapping out the display. Tanner also sent me the same youtube link. Took the LCD apart and made sure all the cables were tightly secured and that seemed to be the cure. At least for now. Warranty runs out in a month so here's keeping fingers crossed. Many thanks to Josh and Tanner for their quick response and assistance. For now, XoticPC is worthy of a 5 star rating. Update #4. My laptop is 15 months old and after sending it to Sager they claim it needs a $965 motherboard in addition to the LCD cable. Of course the laptop was working fine when I sent it to them except for the bad LCD cable. Now my $2,400 laptop is a $3,600 gorilla. Don't waste your time or money with a Sager laptop. They're junk as far as I'm concerned. I've had $500 laptops that lasted years. I also won't be buying anything from Xotic PC any more since they sell Sager junk."

This review was modified by bigdawginva on April 27 2016 05:11:42 PM

2015-12-28

"Great customer service! The product I ordered was out of stock and I waited for a bit longer than they told me so they gave me a free upgrade. Also, they let me know what was going on the entire way."

This review was modified by BenjaminChen32 on December 28 2015 11:49:17 AM

2015-12-28

"My first order with Xotic was great, and I even referred a friend who ended up buying his laptop there, too. Unfortunately, service has gone downhill in a major way since then.

On the Xotic website, their FAQ indicates that desktops take roughly 8-16 days after processing (which takes roughly 24 hours). They also indicate that when the order is processed, you'll receive a firm build time.

I placed an order on November 13th, and although they said my order was processed (and I was charged), I never received a firm build time. In early December, I emailed Mary (my listed account rep) to get a timeline, but she never replied. On December 17th, I contacted live chat support and they told me that not only had my order not entered the build phase, but that I could expect at least another 8-16 business days before my order would ship.

My order had no special cosmetic enhancements - we're talking about a very basic desktop PC. This timeframe was totally unacceptable and not in accordance with the website's stated timeframe, so I told them I would like to cancel. The rep told me I would have to pay 15% to cancel (on a PC they hadn't even built yet)!

When I said this was unacceptable because they were the ones not sticking to the original time estimates, the employee said he would talk to a manager and follow up the next morning. He did not. I put in another ticket the next afternoon, and after 9 days, I still had no reply. I finally filed a CC chargeback and posted about my experience on their FB page. At that point, they emailed me and offered a 3% cancellation fee instead of 15%. Yes, they want ME to pay 3% for their inability to deliver on time (which left me without a desktop for more than a month and a half).

All of this could have been avoided if they had just told me right away that it would be significantly longer than the stated time. I would have canceled before it entered the "inventory allocation" stage and no fee would have been charged. The fact that they're still trying to charge the fee even though they also admit they're the ones at fault is just mind blowing.

EDIT: After a bit of back and forth, they finally agreed to do a full refund. I wouldn't have pushed so hard if they had been at all close to the time estimates, but in this case I really felt like I wasn't getting what was promised on the site. If I had just changed my mind with no fault on their end, I would have happily paid the fee because it would have been my problem.

I don't think they're actively trying to screw people over, but be aware that if they fail to deliver in a timely fashion, you might have to really push for a full refund on cancellation.

This review was modified by sehutson on December 28 2015 11:38:15 AM

2015-12-24

"I knew I was in need of a laptop that I would use mainly for school and research, but also wanted something that I could game with on the go. I spent a month or so trying to figure out exactly what model I wanted to go with.

XoticPC's website and forums were extremely helpful in this. I am having a few issues with the laptop, but nothing major and this isn't a review for the product.

XoticPC's staff is very friendly and helpful. Every staff member I spoke with provided up to date and accurate information that guided me through the purchase and all the way to shipment. With XoticPC specializing in customizing your PC, I ended up making changes to my original submission. They were able to handle this, not through cancellation and re-order, but I was able to call them and have them make the changes over the phone.

I received several follow up emails to ensure that I was satisfied with my final selection and was notified each time my customized purchased moved from one phase to the next.

I would purchase from them again.

I typically build my desktop computers, so this acted as a "sufficient" replacement for that inner builder in me.

The main thing I would like control over is the shipping providers. This may not be a preference in all areas, but it is in my location. I prefer USPS and their priority mail over using the equivalent FedEx. This is due to reliability and time of day delivery each provide my neighborhood.

Jeremy

2015-12-24

"Great service, responses or dialogue started during almost every step of the way and even after I got my product.

The pricing and depth of their products is also quite large. Offering what I would say is probably the largest selection of customization notebooks at or near the lowest price for most of them. Upgrades are also much more customizable and are a bit cheaper than most companies who do similar business offer in my experience. [b]offering the ability to remove branding is also a HUGE plus. Even if I forgot to do it.[/b]

Next time I or someone I know needs a gaming laptop Xotic PC is the first place I am checking or sending them. And I believe likely where they would buy it from.

A bit of discosure, Xotic PC did ask me to write a review. They did not shape my opinion except by their excellent support and pricing.

This review was modified by NoOne-ButMe on December 24 2015 05:20:23 AM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,609 merchant members.