Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.24/10 9.24/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10

What is this?

2014-08-10

"This was the first time I have ever used XoticPC. I want to start by saying that. With that in mind I also want to mention that I have worked retail focused and centered around tech as well as I build desktops and work in tech for the Marine Corps. With that in mind I don't do a lot with Laptops. But for a deployment I had I needed something more portable than a desktop.
A lot of online research and reading of reviews led me to XoticPC. Once I was there the first that that struck me was the prices. I did some comparing online and found theirs to be comparable, but mostly better than other vendors. The next thing that hit me was the selection. Not on'y did they have brands well known and trusted, but many more that I had never herd of. Some more reasurch showed these to be just as good and even better than the ones I knew.
This finally got me to start working on picking a unit. But like I said I am not as good with Laptops. So I contacted the customer service and spoke to one of their reps. Not only was this person the most patient and friendly rep, but the knowledge about the products they had was unbelievable. I have not had a customer service experience like this ever. It showed just how much they enjoyed their work.
After a hour of being on the phone they helped me pick a Laptop was perfect for everything I needed. After that they made sure to look into every possible discount to make sure they got me the absolute best price they could. Once again way above and beyond what I had hoped for or expected. After that they then processed it. The way they handle orders is outstanding. They send the customer an email whenever the computer is passing from one phase to the next. From start to finish, when they start to build it when it is getting stress tested and when it is shipped. They hide nothing from you.
The day came when it arrived and I felt like a kid at Christmas. I fired it up and it worked like a dream. I had only had the computer a day or two before I had another email from them asking how the unit was doing and making sure I was satisfied. Of course I was so I made sure to let them know. I know what you are thinking. Auto email, wrong. It was from the same rep who had helped me through the whole process and an hour later I got a response telling me how happy they were I liked my computer. This type of knowledge and customer service is beyond belief. I can't wait till I need another laptop just so I can go through them again. I love how they make you feel like you are the most important person on the planet and make sure they cover everything you need and want.

2014-08-08

"Xotic PC has excellent customer service all the way through the process. Will definitely recommend them."

2014-08-08

"My experience with XOTIC PC was nothing but positive. Customer service kept me updated at every step of the building process and was very attentive to any needs or concerns. I definitely plan to purchase my next laptop from XOTIC PC. "

2014-08-08

"Xotic PC built me a upgraded laptop that has blown my expectations away. Customer service was top notch and kept me informed thru the entire process. I would highly recommend using them to anyone looking for a customized PC. They will receive all my future computer business. "

2014-08-06

"Ordered the MSI GT70 Dominator Pro-888 and have had for about 4 months now. Extremely satisfied with the laptop and customer service. Would and have recommended Xotic PC to friends and familty."

2014-08-06

"(Original Review - 1 Star), I just ordered a sager np7338 to use as my laptop for college. Im running on a tight schedule because I have to go to school out of state in less than a month. Its been five days(three week days) and my order hasn't even gotten through the billing phase. My parents have called multiple times to figure out the billing issues, but every call has gone to voicemail and they haven't gotten any calls back. I'm very nervous that I'll either have to pay more for rushed production and rushed shipping, or have to pay for my computer to get shipped to my school. (Update - Day after the original review) With the combination of my emails and this review, I have gotten called from xoticpc and everything has been worked out. They do genuinely care about their customs and want to ensure there are no fraudulent/incorrect orders. I'm much happier now that I know what the issue was. I'm changing my rating to 4 stars for now, but if things continue as they are now, I will definitely give them 5 stars"

2014-08-06

"I bought a laptop from Xotic PC back in March and I will do it again whenever I need a new laptop! Throughout the process of my PC being built, I had some questions that popped up after purchasing and I received quick and accurate responses every time. I worked with one agent in particular, but I even called in and used their chat system with other agents and received amazing service. Any time I mention Xotic PC to friends, they've never heard of the company, but now they have. I'd recommend them to anyone that wants great service and a great product! No problems so far!"

2014-08-05

"Xotic PC had provided me with great customer service. I was able to get information on promotions and services provided in a detailed and very timely manner. I needed this information to make a decision about the best choices for my computer and to determine how long before the computer would ship as I am going to school very soon. I definitely recommend xoticpc to any one who is looking for great customer service. "

2014-08-05

"My name is Matt. I ordered a Sager NP8268 to play Elder Scrolls Online. The laptop handles the game on max settings without any problems. Watchdogs, Crysis, Skyrim... max settings, wonderful gaming. I ordered most of the higher end hardware and managed to stay under 1800$. That wouldn't have been possible without talking to Xotic customer service and having them keep a few of the parts that I already had. The notebook frame/structure was easy to work with when I decided to tweak a few things and the machine, thought pretty bulky, is solid.
You wont get the same quality from some walmart laptop or hp machine. I can program the lights in the keyboard to damn near give me a seizure too. I'm lovin' it.

2014-08-05

"Well let's face it, gaming laptops or high-end consumer tech is not cheap. So with that being said, I feel like I got what I paid for in purchasing the Sager NP8268-S. I had originally purchased the MSI GX60 Destroyer after selling a custom desktop that I built and sold. But with the GX60, I didn't feel like it replaced my desktop well enough. The APU's while they are strong, performance wise they are still lagging behind Intel's I7's. Also I was not as thrilled as it was being advertised at the time, as being like a "game changer," with AMD's Mantle. From day one I could not get that feature to work with that laptop, and it's something that is still in its infancy and it is really hard to troubleshoot, what you can do to make it work. So I was disappointed on that, also with discrete graphics (meaning not an actual, separate GPU). I noticed their was always some hesitation when switching between gaming and normal computing tasks and you could not select which one to use between the onboard graphics of the APU or the discrete R9 M290X. So like some games that I played I did not feel like I was getting the best performance because the computer would want to rely on the graphics of the APU, first. So this was all very frustrating from a product that I had high expectations of. So I sent that one back, which wasn't any hassle with Xotic PC within their allowed time frame. And I purchased the Sager gaming laptop with the I7-4810MQ and Nvidia GTX 870M and this gave me the performance similar to my desktop that I had. I've done video editing on this, playing games from Crysis 3, Titanfall to Grid Autosport @1080p and it does it wonderfully. I love the 2 slots for mSATA hardrives, the CPU will overclock to just under 4Ghz with a click, it is slimmer than MSI's model. It's pretty quite, the only thing that I have upgraded on it myself since owning it has been the RAM. I put 24GB's in it, for the extra overhead. It is more expensive but it's been a valuable investment, taking it with me to college. Doing homework and looking up information and word processing and in general "multi-tasking." And this laptop never skips a beat, it's just a solid machine that keeps churning along. And I still got it at Xotic PC because I like the time they take on building/working on your order. Like removing bloatware, over-clocking it, testing your system and customizing it. That's the biggest thing that stands out, that I think makes Xotic PC a cut above your normal retailer is the customization that they can do. If their is another computer down the line that piques my interest and I seen Xotic PC has it, I would definitely consider purchasing from them again. "

2014-08-05

"I've bought 2 custom Laptops from XoticPC to date. each time I have dealt with them, their customer service is bar none the best I've ever had. They were extremely responses to my needs, even initiating contact with me to offer a better option without mine even having to ask. On top of that all, the quality of workmanship on their systems is superb. I got the exact system that I wanted, and I have doubt it will last years to come. I really cant say enough good things about these guys!"

2014-08-05

"Xotic PC is a great company and they offer great products at reasonable prices. I could not be happier that I went with Xotic PC instead of any other retailer. My Sager 7358 is a beast and I can't believe how cheap it was and how many customization options I had."

2014-08-04

"I bought the ASUS N550JV-DB72T at Xotic PC. They had the lowest prices available online and they also provided the most customization. "

2014-08-04

"So far, it is an unbelievable machine. The SSD definitely helps. It boots up within seconds. The GeForce card can handle all the games I play in ultra spec with no problem, but of course it will have to be plugged in to the power socket for maximum performance. Also with the ginormous RAM, I can have so many programs running at the same time and it doesn't deteriorate in performance at all.

In addition, there were no dead pixels. This was actually one of my main concerns since I have read some reviews where this was an issue. I'm glad it wasn't the case for me.

Customer service with XOTICPC is also very pleasant and helpful. I am definitely a very satisfied customer.

2014-08-04

"I purchased two exactly same computers in two separate orders. Xotic PC canceled one of the order without even sending an email or offering refund through my paypal. I reached them through online chat and its a almost 1 hour wait at the beginning of August. They re-activated the canceled order and now that I checked online I am getting message in my account saying that the order is not paid for and is still pending payment. Double checking with my paypal account, they did not refund me my money, and they didn't update their account information on a regular basis. Several days has passed since the re-activation. I tried to reach the online chat line again and 1 hour wait = no response what so ever.

Worst customer service ever. Strongly disappointed.

*edit: after spoken with josh by email 15mins after posting the review. the business is quickly taken care of.

**edit 2: Xotic PC customer service did a follow up on me and is extremely helpful. I would recommend Josh to my friends in the future if they are purchasing new awesome systems.

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,609 merchant members.