Stores > Xotic PC

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.18/10 8.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.73/10 8.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.39/10 6.39/10

2014-09-03

"going to wait a while and see how future tech support goes before I post a review because during business hours they have been great; hopefully, the next time I need after hours support all goes well. "

Rep reply posted Oct-03-2014

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“Below provides some context (profanity blocked) of just one of the correspondences received from this customer. We have tried to consistently help and received nothing but profanity and threats in return. Unfortunately we had to put our foot down and advise we would not be treated in this fashion any further and he needed to speak to us without vulgarity & threats, to which upset the customer further.

Just one of the emails:

WTF? WHERE THE F*** IS THE SUPPORT HUH???? HUH???? HUH???? I F***ING BOUGHT FROM YOU. HUH A**HOLE HUH REALLY HUH JOSH SO WHAT THE F*** IS UP I going f***in ruin I'm going to be making so many f****ing complaints online it's going to make your f****ing head spin YOU ARE AF***ING RIPPOFF you do not offer tech support I akm going too f***ing ruin you. every f***ing I can Find to TRASH YOU I am not going to put up with YOUR F***ING BS Tech Support F***ING *SSHOLES F*** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEAR to f***ing this is it EVERY F***ING TIME I want tech support I have to email you F*** THIS I WANT A REFUND take this PC shove it up your f***ing *ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

2014-09-02

"I was refered to xotic pc by a close friend. When i got on Xotic PCs website i was excitied to see the ammount of customization for the laptop i was ordering (sager np8268). I used the online chat on their site several times to double check things i had questions about and the answered my questions very quickly. Overall i was thrilled by the entire process. The build time was quick and i had my laptop pretty quickly. I felt the value that you got for your money through Xotic PC was immense. After having my sager laptop for 4 months now i wouldnt have changed a single thing. Overall Xotic PCs service was great i thought they really went above and beyond to get my questions answered. I recommend people to them any chance i get."

2014-09-02

"When it came time to upgrade my laptop, I spent countless hours not just researching laptops and specs, but also vendors. I did not have a bad experience with my Toshiba Satellite laptop, I just wanted something faster. I decided on a Sager laptop, and the options that Xoticpc.com offered in customizing it, sold me. I went to the website, customized my laptop to my heart's content (it boots faster than my desktop) and away it went. There was a little snag with with my business address and how my financial institution have it listed, but I received personal contact and great service to get it resolved. Once I received it, I could not have been happier. I have owned the laptop for seven months now, and I love it. I now recommend Xoticpc.com to anyone that asks my advice on hardware."

2014-09-02

"I bought Sager NP8295 over a year ago. Started getting BSOD's after about 8 months. I tried to resolve it myself but all efforts failed. I contacted Xotic PC and have been mailing with Eric F. back and forth for about 2 months trying to resolve my issue trough software adjustments. Our last decision was to do vanilla install of Win 7. BSOD persisted and Eric suggested RMA. I was reluctant to sent it for a RMA as I needed the laptop for work and didn't hear good reviews on behalf of Sagers RMA process.

I decided to ship the laptop (Toronto to LA) on August 13th and it took just over a week for my machine to arrive to Sager. They have received it on 22nd Friday. i called on Monday just to see if they have it and I was told the problem has been identified as a faulty CPU. It has been replaced and will be shipping to me the next day. WOW

I have received Tracking number as promised from Sager and Xotic PC followed up on it as well sending me tracking just in case. My Laptop arrived today (Tuesday 2nd of September - damn you Labor Day). All is as promised and my CPU has been replaced with higher model (I7 4700MQ to 4710MQ). Thanks

Just to sum it up It took them under 3 weeks to get it - find the problem - fix it - get it back. I am very impressed, Xotic was helpful and professional and made the whole experience as painless and smooth as I could have wished for. Good job Sager as well I will think of these two companies next time I am shopping for a new gaming rig.

2014-09-02

"Purchased a Sager NP9377-S and couldn't be happier. The ordering and processing on the site was clean and simple and dealing was their customer support was a pleasure. I'd recommend Xotic to anyone looking for a gaming rig at a reasonable price."

2014-09-02

"The team at Xotic PC is the most professional and knowledgeable that I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. My machine, which is a BEAST, was delivered ahead of schedule and is exactly what I ordered. All of my PC and laptop needs will be in the hands of the excellent people at Xotic PC from now on. "

2014-09-02

"Every one that I talked to, over the phone, was kind, concise when to the point with any questions I had, and gave off a general concern of giving the best experience and service that they could possibly strive for. I will be checking them first if I ever need anything again and I know I will not be disappointed. "

2014-09-01

"I'm happy with the service I got through Xotic, the company was recommended by my brother who had good experiences.

My cust service person was responsive and helped me resolve minor issues with my laptop. I'm very happy with my purchase.

2014-09-01

"Bought my gaming laptop from XoticPC and I couldn't be happier. The best part of XoticPC is the selection: they carry every brand and let you customize so you can have your perfect laptop. Customer service has been great as well. I will definitely buy my next laptop from them!"

2014-08-30

"I have purchased two customized gaming laptops from Xotic PC in the last few years. Both machines performed flawlessly, which indicates to me that their technical staff is highly skilled and knowledgeable. They have an excellent product selection and their customer service is truly outstanding. You can't go wrong with a company like Xotic PC where the employees genuinely care about customer satisfaction and product quality. I will definitely be doing business with them in the future and recommending them to others."

2014-08-30

"I received my laptop in very good condition. I have been using the laptop I ordered for almost 4 months now, and everything works great, except for a minor problem that appeared a few weeks ago. It was a buzzing sound coming from the fan.But after I got my laptop checked at a local tech, i found out that it was just some small foreign object that got inside the laptop and got stuck in the fan. One of Xotic PC workers helped me with this problem, which leads me to one of the best parts of buying anything from that company: the customer service. I was surprised by the amount of help I could get both before I ordered my laptop and after I received it. I got amazing support from every person involved in my purchase. The individual approach for each customer is great as well, it helped me a lot throughout the purchase process. Overall, I am very satisfied by the high quality of the product and the service I received. I would recommend Xotic PC to my friends and would buy from them again if I needed anything."

2014-08-29

"When looking for a gaming development laptop that I was looking to spend $2000 on, I did a lot of research to make sure that the money would be spent on sufficient quality in comparison to the price paid. I can say it is one of the best machines I have ever used! This is the first laptop I have ever purchased let alone gaming/graphics development and I am more than impressed. I will definitely be returning in the future when I need to upgrade! XOTIC was fast and answered all my questions in a timely fashion. I am happy that I chose XOTIC to purchase my laptop from."

2014-08-29

"My experience with Xotic PC was positivve from start to finish. Their techs answered all my questions before I made a purchase which greatly helped in my research to determine what I wanted. While placing my order I had a few more questions, which were also answered quickly. After placing my order, Xotic PC kept me in formed every step of the way as my laptop (a customized P34 Gigabyte) was being built and tested. My laptop arrived within the expected time frame and in perfect condition. I had a few questions about how things worked and once again their techs did a great job answering all my questions. I have been using my laptop for a few months now and love it. It has all the power I need and is light weight enough for me to carry it around. Yes I paid more than I would for an off shelf model, but I could not meet the power and size requirements with a ready made model. Xotic PC is price competive with other companies who customize pcs. And on top of all this a service manager just emailed to make sure that my PC was preforming as excepted and that I was happy with the product and service. I would recommend Xotic PC to any one looking for a quaity product with great service at a competitive price."

2014-08-29

"I have to say that, when I spoke with their customer service representatives by phone, they were very courteous and helpful. It is noted on the website, but be aware that if your shipping address differs from your billing address, you will have to add that shipping address with your credit card company.

The problem is contacting them via email was abysmal. It took several business days for a response and I got a couple emails in error — one with a different customer's name, email, telephone and order number (!!!).

In the end, the item I had ordered turned out to be out of stock and discontinued by the manufacturer. My complaint is that it took them 13 days for them to determine this after my date of order. I would expect better inventory management than this... I was issued a refund, which I don't doubt will go through, but they wasted two weeks of my time.

They had a great deal on the laptop, but, as I worried when I first ordered, it turned out to be too good to be true. Now, two business weeks later, I have placed my order with Newegg, something I regretted not doing when my order hadn't shipped after the first full business week.

EDIT: Note that my case may be unusual because the laptop I ordered was one of the Back To School specials and highly discounted as a result, so this issue may not occur frequently. However, the fact that such an issue did arise for at least one customer (and it's hard to imagine I was the only one), will hopefully lead to more careful planning on their part the next time they offer such a heavy discount.

I do want to say their customer service is very good, especially when speaking to them by phone (not so much for email).

Rep reply posted Sep-02-2014

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear of this concern. We are currently trying to contact the customer to work through any shortfalls. Unfortunately the customer placed an order for an end of life machine we were running a sale on. We did not have enough to fulfill all of the orders and tried to procure more from the manufacturer with no luck. We are currently trying to contact this customer to offer discounts on similar models. We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.”

2014-08-29

"First off, I am in the military and the discount they offer service members is much appreciated. That being said, the circumstances of my shipment were complicated because I was traveling around because of my job and their sales representatives were able to accommodate my needs and expedite the shipping process. Finally the PC is great, exactly what I wanted and I have had no issues with it. I will most definitely use their company again for my computer needs in the future and recommend it to my friends when they ask me about new computers."

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,513 merchant members.