Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.10/10 9.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.60/10 9.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.47/10 8.47/10

What is this?

"Exotic PC's product line is vast. I picked the Sager NP9130 for price point and good value. The web site should be more upfront about how the discounts apply or not apply when combined."

"Xotic PC was amazing. They were faster then their own predicted date. The Laptop I got from them is truely amazing; I haven't been this satisfied with a purchase in a long while. At each step of the order process a rep from Xotic would contact me to ensure that I was sure about a modification to the PC, and to let me know the computer was on it's way. After a few months they checked up on me, something I don't think I've ever had from a computer company. EXCELLENT! I will buy my next Laptop from Xotic; without doubt. "

"Xotic PC was with me every step of the way ordering my new laptop. They made sure that I received the most up to date equipment that would perform as I wanted. "

"My experience with xotic pc was great. I am not the most comptuer savvy and they found out my wants and needs and built the right machine for me. They did not try and upsell and in fact advised that I did not need some extras for what I wanted the computer to do. Would definitely recommend xotic pc."

"My first time ordering a custom laptop online, XoticPC made it seemed as if I built the system myself. I ordered a Sager NP9130 which had the Ivy Bridge architecture later replaced by Haswell. I regret not being able to wait a couple months more to go ahead and buy their new models. But nevertheless, I'm happy with my system and I've already upgraded it myself within the past 2 months. XoticPC has extremely smooth service with ordering your PC to delivering to your home, no problems, no hassle, and no calling up to complain about their services is the reason why I'm writing this review. :)"

"The Laptop Rocks! Excellent Quality, Large Screen and Performs.

ASUS under the Hood!

"Okay I have to say that XOTICPC really cares about their customers!!! I was misinformed about the time frame in which I would receive my laptop. After writing a review expressing my displeasure I received a call from an XOTICPC employee who gave me the correct time frame in which I would receive my laptop, and said that she would personally see to my laptop getting shipped to me by the date I requested. I never expected a company to read a review and respond within minutes to correct the problem. I would totally recommend this company to a friend and will continue doing further business with them. :P"

"I ordered a new Sager NP1970 from Xotic PC earlier this year. At the time, most places had this model on backorder, so it took a little bit longer than usual to receive my order. However, I was very pleased with the responsiveness and professional courtesy I received from Xotic PC. I have worked with 3 different representatives of the company from start to finish, and will definitely order my next laptop from them. Also, it didn't hurt that Xotic had the best price on this model at the time."

"They were a to do business with. Fair pricing, on time delivery, and true pleasure to do business with. Everything was configured as I asked. Great follow up and customer service."

"If you're looking to spend top dollar on a laptop, use XOTIC PC.

My order came in exactly as I expected and my laptop has exceeded what I hoped for. It is extremely powerful and was customized exactly how I wished it to be. I also appreciate the fact that there was very little in the way of bloatware installed. There was a secure file safe which I removed, but that was about all that I can remember. I had the machine up and running how I wanted in just a few hours.

When I placed my order, I called for a follow-up. The salesman who helped me was very courteous and helpful and made some recommendations which I took, that I do not regret. Your shipping was relatively timely considering what was being ordered and how it was tested and built. Additionally, whenever I had a question about the status of my order I was informed about what my order was doing and where my order was in queue.

Bottom line: I can't speak for lower-end users, but for someone who spent over $2,000 on a laptop XOTIC PC gives great care to their customers and sold me a great product. Be sure to speak to their salesmen/women. They're knowledgeable and will walk you through what you need and don't. They're not trying to sell you a bunch of junk you don't need. Tell them what you're looking to do, and they'll steer you in the right direction if you're not sure what the latest trends are.

"Xotic PC does a very good job with keeping in touch with their customers. I ordered two gaming laptops from them and Xotic kept me updated the entire time with every step. They also contacted me by email to ensure that I really wanted a certain customization option for one of my laptops, since it would have conflicted with something else. They contacted me four months later, as well, to see how the laptops were doing. I will most certainly consider choosing Xotic PC again if I need another laptop or desktop built."

"I ordered my first ever laptop from Xotic PC and they made the process extremely easy. Their website is so intuitive that I didn't even need to contact any of their people to get exactly what I needed. The service was reasonably speedy and I received my customized laptop soon after ordering it. They care a lot about their customer's experience as I was contacted by them to ensure everything went smoothly on my side. Great company and will absolutely recommend to friends and use again."

"I purchased a Sager NP8130 laptop to fulfill both work and gaming needs. The laptop has performed amazingly well. The GTX560M handles recent-ish games at mid-high settings (EVE, WOW, Diablo, Starcraft 2, etc) even over a year after purchase. I am able to perform a good bit of bioinformatics work locally (MACS, Sicer, Bedtools, Samtools, R Bioconductor, etc), which comes in handy when server time queues are long. I did have some intermittent overheating issues early on, but these were promptly resolved and have not reoccurred in the last 12 months. At 7 pounds plus a 2-3 pound power brick, the computer is comparatively heavy, but this is a trade I happily make in exchange for good computational power and excellent pricing. Overall a very solid machine, sold by a responsive company. "

"Pros:
Lots of options and customizability
Relatively inexpensive compared to Dell or Lenovo
Cons:
Extremely long lead times (it took 5 weeks to get my laptop after ordering it)
Long lead times on warranty ( I tried warrantying my laptop's custom screen after it showed severe backlight bleeding, but the overall conversation with the representative took two weeks.)

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-09-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. We apologize back when you ordered almost a year ago that lead times were longer. If it takes longer to communicate with our Service Department via Email you are more then welcome to call us instead and we would be happy to help you in anyway we can.”

"I have read a lot of good things about XoticPC so I decided to give it a try. I ordered a sager laptop for ~USD1300 and I decided to pay for a rush build since I needed my laptop as soon as possible.

I had just changed my address, so, paranoid as I am, I called my credit card company to verify that they had the right information on file and ordered the laptop. It was June 26th.

Still, it took them 6 business days to confirm my payment (damn credit card companies). Unfortunately due to this delay and the 4th of July my rush order at that point was going to be 10+ days late.

I had to complain a few times, since the order was going to be delayed so much at no fault on my side, so I finally got to talk to Jason.

I got an call from Jason on July 4th. He promised to do everything he can to get the laptop to me by July 11th (the date I asked). He shipped it Saturday July 6th, somewhat managing to get my laptop produced during the weekend/holiday of July 4th and keeping me updated throughout the process. During an holiday.

While I wasn't the happiest customer at the beginning of this process, the company clearly cares about customer service and will make up for problems even if not directly caused by them. I do not know any other company that will do that. They deserve solid 5 stars for customer service.

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,912 merchant members.