Stores > Xotic PC

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.87/10 8.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.41/10 9.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.80/10 8.80/10
2015-02-19

"When I first ordered my new laptop from Xotic PC there was a slight customer service issue, but they went out of their way to correct the issue and I will absolutely return to them the next time I need a new laptop. "

2015-02-18

"I found Xotic PC's customer service to be prompt, informative, and helpful. Their customization process was timely and they kept me updated at every step."

2015-02-18

"Before shopping for a PC, I was interested in having a personalized laptop that was just as powerful as a desktop computer. I read some scary reviews for various other retailers but a many people pointed to Xotic PC as being the best in quality and customer service for PC purchases.

Upon first ordering I was partnered up with a service representative who kept me updated and helped me sort out my payment method as smoothly as possible as well as retain as high quality product as possible.

Later in the order processing when it came to customization I was contacted by representative of the custom graphics department who helped me optimize the graphic to highest quality for the finished product.

I was confident once I played my order that I would receive the package without damage to the product and that it would be the highest quality product available. I was not disappointed and would highly recommend this reseller to anyone interested in the highest quality customer service and product available.

2015-02-18

"These guys have the best customer service of any computer company that I have dealt with. When my original choice of laptop sold out before it could be built they worked with me to find a better system at a comparable price. It was very refreshing to not have to wade through phone menus, long hold times and people who don't have command of the English language. I would recommend Xoticpc to anyone who wants a higher end laptop or gaming PC."

2015-02-18

"Xotic PC had great turn around time from my order and emails telling me about the progress of my laptop being built along the way. Excellent Service!!"

2015-02-18

"These guys are one of the best re-sellers out there. They provide excellent customer service and are very patient in helping others choose the right laptop for them. I'm very satisfied in my fairly recent purchase of my system. I also love the many different customization options you can have when purchasing your system. Overall, XOTIC PC is very reliable and I strongly recommend them if you're looking for a good gaming laptop."

2015-02-15

"If you want to be lied to, bullied and have your private financial situation aired out on a public forum by one of their employees, then Xotic PC is for you!

*Update*
Tanner finally responded to me, I guess they really don't like bad reviews. I will post the entire reply at the end of this update but the line that really sticks out to me is this:

"The only thing on your order that I can see about refunding is your rush payment of $49 but my hands are tied if our review stands as posted."-Tanner

I will NOT be bullied or threatened by a company I supported as a PAYING customer. They are saying they will only refund half of what they originally promised if I change my review first. Not happening.

In reply to the Xotic PC response below, I did have a payment issue in the beginning because I wasn't aware that my bank has daily spending limits online as party of their fraud protection. I rectified this immediately by getting it lifted for a day. The only reason I ended up changing my payment is because the employees at xotic pc apparently stopped working that day to have their office Olympics and could not process an $1800 plus payment. When they tried the payment again, it was declined as they waited to long and thus I had to change my payment to a method that didn't have a spending limit. Tanner also posted on a public forum that I was having "payment issues" but that " MY machine" was in stock and just waiting for my payment to go through.

The entire email I received from Tanner:
Good afternoon! I am sorry I did not reply sooner to this as it somehow was flagged as spam, but we received your feedback on Resellerratings.com and wanted to see if there is anything I can personally do to affect our rating? I do apologies that there were delays in the accounting department that led to your order being delayed awaiting product:)

First of all, do you have any correspondence from Derek regarding a $99 refund? The only thing on your order that I can see about refunding is your rush payment of $49 but my hands are tied if our review stands as posted.

Original review:
I would have to rate Xotic PC as the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Tanner emailed me after my purchase to get a followup and I replied with a full account of my experience. He never even bothered to reply to me. My email is below.

"I love my new rig, but that has nothing to do with Xotic Pc. I have never had a worse experience with a company than I had with xotic pc. Derek was a nightmare to work with, lied to me and posted on a public forum that the reason it was taking so long to get my computer was that I was having issues paying for it when in fact I called my bank to increase my online spending limit for the day and you guys were too busy having your office olympics rather than take an $1800+ payment. Derek told me that my machine was in stock (before my payment) and then later said it was not in stock (after my payment went through) and that no company had it in stock, which was also a lie as I called several companies who all had that particular machine in stock. I decided to stick with Xotic Pc as I didn't want to wait for the refund and then have to start the process all over again somewhere new. I paid for a rush order, which was a joke. I chose that particular form of payment plus rush order because I wanted my computer ASAP and didn't want to wait for the cash payment to go through. In retrospect, I should have done the cash payment to get the 3% discount as well. After going through several emails and phone calls, Derek said I would get a $99 refund, which I never got, yet another lie from Derek. I tend to replace my rig every 12-18 months, but I will not ever be going through you guys again, and, in fact, will never recommend you to anyone else I know. The one thing I do love that you guys did was to plaster your name all over the background of my desktop so when people ask me about it I can give them a full account of what I went through, including showing them all the screenshots I have of the forum posts, and recommend they go elsewhere and stay as far away from XoticPc as possible!"

Rep reply posted Feb-17-2015

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We have looked into the situation and found that there were issues with processing payment due to daily limits set by the customers bank. There were several communications to solve this issue and see that there were changes to the order 4 business days after the order was submitted regarding payment options. Unfortunately every time a change in payment options it does take longer to process the payment. The time it took to resolve this issue, unfortunately the laptop went out of stock with the manufacturer. As soon as it came back in stock we had this customer at the top of the list & had the machine built and shipped in 3 days. We apologize if this customer felt like this process was not quick enough. Depending on credit card companies and various other items this time can vary. Every order is worked on by one employee and not passed off to ensure these items are addressed immediately. If you have or had any concerns with the product itself please contact us and we will be sure to resolve.”

2015-02-15

"XOTIC PC had wonderful customer service. They were very patient while I tried to find the perfect machine. I love my new laptop, and the turn around time for getting it was great. "

2015-02-14

"Update 2/17/15: Tanner from Xotic contacted me 2/16/15 to help resolve things. He agreed to refund the 3%. I'll update this again once the money is in my account. I appreciate their help on this matter.

Update 2/27/15: I'm confirming the refund of the 3% charged.

Although I was asked by the company to change my review, I have to say that Tanner was helpful in making the refund possible.

I missed registration because of this confusion and lack of pc and won't be able to take a class until the fall because I work during the summer taping AA/NA speakers at their conventions. The the summer term is too short and I can't devote as much time to studies because of the gigs and working late so I usually register for fall and winter terms.

I'll leave the company with this caveat: try harder to work **with** your customers BEFORE it gets to the point of them venting their angst at sites like this. Also, make sure in the future that your reps, like Josh, communicates with your billing dept., like Ada. I didn't have to but worked with Tanner to resolve the refund issue. Someone else might not be so inclined.

I thank you Tanner for your assistance.

Rep reply posted Feb-17-2015

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are presently working with this customer to resolve this issue..”

2015-02-14

"I was thinking about buying from PowerNotebooks, another superb reseller, but this time I thought I'd give Xotic a shot. Their prices are competitive (read: pretty much equal) to the competition, but they had some special holiday promotion freebies (free IC Diamond thermal compound and free 30GB flash drive with minimum purchase) so that was that little bit extra that got me to go with them for my new laptop.

I called them first to ask for details on this new laptop (Sager 8671). The guy (sorry, forgot his name. Nate? Maybe?) was nice and courteous. He knew his technical details, was able to answer all my questions, and was very patient & nice when I fumbled a few facts. That phone call was the final factor in me getting the model that I did.

Their payment methods are like the competition as well, with cash discounts. I paid with credit, which gives you buyer protection services that you relinquish if you pay by cash. I'm paranoid about things going wrong, so I don't mind spending that extra, especially on a big purchase like this.

But I'm glad to say nothing went wrong. Since my particular laptop was a preorder (came out mid-December) and I did not spring for rush delivery, I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't get it before year's end, but I was okay with that.

Xotic kept me updated with constant e-mails about every stage in the manufacturing and shipping process. A bit excessive for me because I'm patient and know "it'll get here when it gets here". But for those who like to know what's going on, that's there.

With the cheapest shipping option, Xotic still has you sign for your package, but that's almost a given with a big purchase like a new laptop. I'm at work or commuting most of the day, but luckily UPS can hold your package at a shipping center for no extra charge, which is what I did.

When I got home with it, it was decently padded (double boxed) and everything was there and accounted for. I popped it open first thing to install a SSD that I had. The computer itself is sorta a pain to open for maintenance, but that's not Xotic's fault.

Still, they supposedly test all their computers and it shows. I think I accidentally touched the PCB a few times with no grounding, but everything still started up fine after I reassembled it.

So here I am a month later, writing this review on the very laptop I bought from them. My old Sager that I replaced with this has lasted me five years and is still going (fan and HDD is starting to act up), so I have high hopes that this new one can last just as long.

For those of you that were like me and saw that PowerNotebooks has that perfect rating on this site and were a bit leery about Xotic's 9.9, I'd say from my experience that you don't have much to worry about.

Edit: Originally said I bought from PowerNotebooks before, but that was wrong. It was five years ago and I forgot that I instead bought from PCTorque, who seems to not be around anymore! I realized this when I looked at my userpage just now and saw my old PCTorque review was still there.

2015-02-14

"I'm sure my laptop would have been great. Waited a month for it and it was missing some features. Their customer service was very responsive with the option of an exchange or a full refund. Definitely a sign of a good company. "

2015-02-09

"At the time I was looking for a mobile workstation type laptop to serve as my second development machine through my employer's Bring Your Own Computer program (I'm a software developer). Xotic PC offered the best combination of power, features/configurability and price. Not only that, the configuration I was looking for could not even be achieved on many other similar sites. I loved the ability to configure the laptop with 3 disks so I can keep personal and business information separate (there was even space for a fourth disk should I have needed it).

Beyond just the ordering process, I was extremely pleasantly surprised with the service I received during the assembly process. I received constant updates as to the status, their customer service proactively contacted me to clarify details, provide me with status updates and offered me options where I didn't know I have any. That's head and shoulders above the average order process from a bulk manufacturer like Dell or HP!

Furthermore, they even contacted me several months later to make sure I'm satisfied with my purchase. While they did suggest I write a review, they never pressured me into doing so. I'm really very pleased with the overall experience with them so far. It's very very likely that my next workstation 3 years later will also be ordered through Xotic PC.

2015-02-07

"I like one thing in people that is keeping there word and Xotic did this with excellent customer service. There customer support is more than satisfactory.
It is beyond my expectation

2015-02-06

"The laptop I ordered (A Sager) was everything I expected and more. I loved the price, and I love the level of customizability after the fact!

I can't complain about anything. Laptop is still in good shape, and it was worth the wait. And the cost was simply amazing. (I shopped around for a good month for dozens of customizable laptops, and this was definitely one of the best bang-for-your-buck shops)

2015-02-06

"Overall, the experience I had was quite good. Between the various models they had, and all the customization that was available, I managed to get a good laptop. With their back-to-school discounts, I was even able to get a custom skin on the laptop's lid. There was even an option to have them include some computer transfer software for a little more, which helped me move everything, including programs, to my new laptop in just a few hours."

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.