Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.08/10 9.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10

What is this?

"Great service.....quick delivery will order from them again soon"

"Ordering from Xotic PC, I got the sense that they really wanted my business. Immediately after ordering, I was contacted by a representative of the company who personally took me through the ordering process and kept me up to date on the status of my order.

Technical support at Xotic PC was a joy to work with, and that is no small feat. I appreciated not being asked the "idiot" checklist other companies put me through. In fact, the first suggestion from technical support was to open up my machine and remove the RAM sticks to see if one of them was bad (it was). Normally, I expect to have to go through the motions of answering questions like "Is it plugged in?". Xotic PC technical support cut straight to the meaningful questions and did not assume I was computer illiterate.

I shipped the bad RAM in question back to the manufacturer and received a replacement, but that's not Xotic PC so my rating does not reflect that. Xotic PC worked with me so that I knew the process for getting a replacement from the manufacturer.

"I purchased and Asus G55VW-DH71 for my son who has started production and recording school. Xotic customized the beast and optimized it for Windows 8. My son has been very pleased. I'm very pleased with the technical competence of the company, and they are VERY VERY good at communicating with the customer. I requested a configuration that just wasn't possible with Windows 8, and Xotic contacted me and clearly explained the issues. Had I tried to order all the extras, I would have had to return parts to wherever I ordered them. Xotic made this process almost painless!"

"Brief summary of previous review:

I purchased a MSI laptop with modifications through Xoticpc. After 6 months of ownership an unfortunate accident led to a liquid spill which was then followed by a yearlong series of nightmares trying to have the laptop properly fixed by MSI. Once the laptop was repaired and returned it continued to be possessed by many additional quirky problems which led to lengthy stays at MSI.

Xotic finally contacted me and I learned they had evidently tried a few times before to get in touch but due to the situation of being without a computer, as it was down almost a year, I unfortunately never received those emails. After talking with their representative at length they interceded with MSI on my behalf to have the gremlin infested evil machine replaced with a recertified upgraded model. They then took the additional step of working with me to help get the modifications I had made to the original laptop done on the newer one at a very reasonable cost so I wouldn't lose the items that made my laptop special.

Although my experience with Xoticpc did not seem to be in a good place for awhile they weathered the storm and my not so pleasant attitude, in order to help me find storm's end and another laptop that will hopefully be all I expected from the first one.

I would like to thank them for their diligence and persistence in dealing with me, the laptop and MSI.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-16-2013

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. This customer had unfortunately spilled ice scream on their laptop and we helped the customer send it in for repair with MSI under their warranty (whom back the warranty of the laptop and the accidental protection). In addition to this we have helped this customer in every way we can and have went above their warranty to assist a valued customer.

We have been very polite and extremely timely with each and every one of the customers emails to us. This included paying for shipping expenses and replacing a hard drive when this customer was out of warranty. Additionally we also incurred additional expenses to double check MSI’s repair by bringing the machine to our facility to test it prior to shipping it to the customer, which it tested 100% successfully. It is unfortunate to see our efforts went unrecognized. This customer is now nearly 6 months outside of warranty & has chosen to bad mouth our Service Team that has was always bent over backwards to help and assist her on several occasions & with out of warranty items.

Unfortunately our willingness to help this customer not only are going unnoticed but are being criticized for concerns this customer ultimately has with the manufacturer of the laptop (MSI).”

"I have purchased two laptops from Xotic and I intend to continue! Their customer service is top notch and the products they provide are excellent. They are my vendor of choice for gaming computers."

"Exotic PC's product line is vast. I picked the Sager NP9130 for price point and good value. The web site should be more upfront about how the discounts apply or not apply when combined."

"Xotic PC was amazing. They were faster then their own predicted date. The Laptop I got from them is truely amazing; I haven't been this satisfied with a purchase in a long while. At each step of the order process a rep from Xotic would contact me to ensure that I was sure about a modification to the PC, and to let me know the computer was on it's way. After a few months they checked up on me, something I don't think I've ever had from a computer company. EXCELLENT! I will buy my next Laptop from Xotic; without doubt. "

"Xotic PC was with me every step of the way ordering my new laptop. They made sure that I received the most up to date equipment that would perform as I wanted. "

"My experience with xotic pc was great. I am not the most comptuer savvy and they found out my wants and needs and built the right machine for me. They did not try and upsell and in fact advised that I did not need some extras for what I wanted the computer to do. Would definitely recommend xotic pc."

"My first time ordering a custom laptop online, XoticPC made it seemed as if I built the system myself. I ordered a Sager NP9130 which had the Ivy Bridge architecture later replaced by Haswell. I regret not being able to wait a couple months more to go ahead and buy their new models. But nevertheless, I'm happy with my system and I've already upgraded it myself within the past 2 months. XoticPC has extremely smooth service with ordering your PC to delivering to your home, no problems, no hassle, and no calling up to complain about their services is the reason why I'm writing this review. :)"

"The Laptop Rocks! Excellent Quality, Large Screen and Performs.

ASUS under the Hood!

"Okay I have to say that XOTICPC really cares about their customers!!! I was misinformed about the time frame in which I would receive my laptop. After writing a review expressing my displeasure I received a call from an XOTICPC employee who gave me the correct time frame in which I would receive my laptop, and said that she would personally see to my laptop getting shipped to me by the date I requested. I never expected a company to read a review and respond within minutes to correct the problem. I would totally recommend this company to a friend and will continue doing further business with them. :P"

"I ordered a new Sager NP1970 from Xotic PC earlier this year. At the time, most places had this model on backorder, so it took a little bit longer than usual to receive my order. However, I was very pleased with the responsiveness and professional courtesy I received from Xotic PC. I have worked with 3 different representatives of the company from start to finish, and will definitely order my next laptop from them. Also, it didn't hurt that Xotic had the best price on this model at the time."

"They were a to do business with. Fair pricing, on time delivery, and true pleasure to do business with. Everything was configured as I asked. Great follow up and customer service."

"If you're looking to spend top dollar on a laptop, use XOTIC PC.

My order came in exactly as I expected and my laptop has exceeded what I hoped for. It is extremely powerful and was customized exactly how I wished it to be. I also appreciate the fact that there was very little in the way of bloatware installed. There was a secure file safe which I removed, but that was about all that I can remember. I had the machine up and running how I wanted in just a few hours.

When I placed my order, I called for a follow-up. The salesman who helped me was very courteous and helpful and made some recommendations which I took, that I do not regret. Your shipping was relatively timely considering what was being ordered and how it was tested and built. Additionally, whenever I had a question about the status of my order I was informed about what my order was doing and where my order was in queue.

Bottom line: I can't speak for lower-end users, but for someone who spent over $2,000 on a laptop XOTIC PC gives great care to their customers and sold me a great product. Be sure to speak to their salesmen/women. They're knowledgeable and will walk you through what you need and don't. They're not trying to sell you a bunch of junk you don't need. Tell them what you're looking to do, and they'll steer you in the right direction if you're not sure what the latest trends are.

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,911 merchant members.