Stores > Xotic PC

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.33/10 9.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.94/10 8.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.41/10 9.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review Xotic PC by clicking a star below.
2015-05-19

"This was the first laptop (Sager NP8651) I got from XOTICPC and I am definitely buying again in the future.
The service was amazing, answering all my question quickly and to the point. I also loved the fact that they were constantly informing me about the status of my order.
Overall, I am very satisfied with XOTICPC and I highly recommend doing business with them.

2015-05-19

"While I did not have to actually speak to anyone in customer support, the company is very thorough with email communications about order & shipping details. After my laptop was delivered, they even sent a few follow-up notes ensuring my satisfaction with the product. I appreciate that they treat me like a valuable customer as opposed to just another anonymous source of revenue."

"UPDATED

The Xotic PC management personally reached out to me to help resolve this situation. It shouldn't have been necessary but they have done a good job to help rectify this unfortunate situation. I am so far pleased with the outcome and the response that I have had from the company.
-DG

Hello - I have tried numerous times to contact your company over the past week. Your customer service line goes to the sales department, who then says they cannot help me and refers me to an extension that I never get a answer from. After leaving numerous voicemails with several different people, I have yet to hear a response concerning my issue.
I order my Laptop on Monday, April 27th 2015.
On April 29th I received an email from Susan, who verified my payment and asked if I had a need-by date, since I had paid for rush processing. I informed her that my need-by date was Saturday May 9th. She said that this would not be an issue, and did not indicate that there would be any extra charges.
May 5th 2015 I sent an email to Susan checking on the laptop order and making sure I was still going to receive it by my need-by date. I was informed that I would get my tracking number the next day, Wednesday May 6th.
I did not receive any tracking number so I once again emailed on May 7th. No reply that day.
I received a reply from Susan on May 8th saying my laptop will ship today. However if I wanted it by my need-by date I would need to pay an extra $183 in shipping. Again, I was not given this information when I originally gave her my need-by date. I informed Susan that if I was refunded my Rush Processing, then I would pay the difference. She said that this was not possible, so I declined the $183 shipping charges. I would like to say that Susan was as polite and helpful as she could have been, and I believe that the issues I am having are not related to her and were out of her control.
I have tracking confirmation that the laptop arrived to your center at 11:08AM on May 8th. It was then turned around and shipped to me at 5:06PM that same day. Your website states that you test each laptop for 24-72 hours to ensure stability. Clearly, according to the email confirmations and tracking numbers I received that day, this was not done.
I decided I would wait until I received the laptop; if everything was as it was supposed to be, I would be happy.
I received the laptop on Wednesday May 13th, installed Windows and the drivers, and went about my business. After about one hour it BSOD, with unrecoverable hardware error 0x124, after such I was unable to boot back into Windows or even safe mode. I reinstalled Windows using a different image just to make sure, but again after an hour of operation, same BSOD and I was again unable to get back into Windows.
I removed and reseated the SSDs and it booted right back into Windows. At this point I took the time to contact your service department, on Friday May 15th. The first person I spoke to was completely unhelpful and was extremely rude to me; I disconnected.
After trying some different things with the laptop, I called back again that same day. The person I spoke to this time was extremely nice. His name was Eric, and besides Susan, he has been the only helpful person in your company. After discussing the issue, he informed me it sounds like the SSDs are coming out of RAID and one of the SSDs may be bad. He instructed me to remove the SSDs, install Windows on the HDD, and go from there.
Working in the Tech Industry myself, I had no issue doing this. I installed the OS onto the HDD RAID setup and removed the SSD. Due to limited time, I was not able to use the laptop much afterwards until Sunday the 17th. Yet again, after an hour of use, BSOD with the exact same error message. I removed and reseated the HDDs and was able to boot back into Windows.
With these issues going on I have tried to reach someone in your company who could help me. However I have been unsuccessful, and after looking into this matter more and more this seems to be something that is common. You say you pride yourself on customer service. However I have received nothing but the cold shoulder from your company and feel as if I am being screwed over.
I paid for Rush Processing, and was informed that my need-by date was no issue. My need-by date was then missed. I paid an extra $80 for copper cooling upgrade, which was available on your website at the time of my order, but is no longer offered on my model of laptop because it comes stock from Sager with copper cooling. Also not included, as it was supposed to be, was the 24-72 hour stress testing. There is no way that could have been completed, which is confirmed by both the tracking numbers I have as well as the constant BSOD from the laptop.
Overall I am thoroughly unimpressed with your service, and all I want is for this to be made right. However I cannot even reach anyone to discuss this issue.

2015-05-18

"XoticPc is probably one of the best places to buy or build your own PC. Xotic Pc was recommended to me by a friend and for good reason. Everything is easy to find and they help you with anything you need. The order process was simple and very detailed. I like how I could track each stage of the building process, so I knew/had an idea what was going on during each step. I had to contact customer service a few times because of questions I had, they answered quickly and very politely. They were very helpful with questions I had about my new laptop once I received it. "

2015-05-18

"Great service. Very helpful and transparent throughout the whole affair - quick to answer questions before placing my order, helped me choose an appropriate payment method, and shipped everything in a timely manner. Would certainly use the site again for other purchases in the future."

2015-05-18

"I bought a sager NP8278-S laptop through xotic for development and gaming and it's my favorite purchase compared to the Alienware, MBP, and a couple of Dells I've bought before based on customisability as well as what I paid vs the horsepower I'm getting. Spec highlights include i7-4710MQ processor with 24gb ddr3 memory, nvidia gtx 970m gpu, a 256gb crucial ssd + 1tb 5400rpm seagate hdd. The order for processed and delivered promptly with no hassle. I had some minor questions that were all answered quickly. I will definitely return to these guys for my next purchase and would recommend to my friends or coworkers. "

2015-05-18

"After deliberating over weeks on which vendor I should use to purchase a new laptop, I chose XoticPC based on their positive customer service reviews. Low and behold, I was not disappointed with my interaction - from the sales rep to the service follow up, XoticPC exceeded my expectations in providing excellent customer service and ensuring I was satisfied with their business. I would gladly recommend using them to purchase a PC!"

2015-05-18

"Xotic PC is amazing, they helped me finding the best computer for my needs, they frequently have very good promotions and there are a lot of options to customize your order, it was hard waiting for the shipping, but that's only because I was very excited, I actually received my system a couple days before it was supposed to arrive so I can't complain, my experience could not have been better, I totally recommend them."

2015-05-16

"This is my 2nd purchase from Xotic PC, and both times they have provided excellent customer service and very expedient shipping. I still have my previous purchase from 4 years prior in good working condition, which speaks to the quality of the products they provide. (At least with the brand I purchase - Sager.) However, I felt like it was time for an upgrade, and the new laptop has performed exactly like I expected it would - exceptionally.

There are some minor issues that aren't worth mentioning, and I honestly can't say if anyone but a power user would notice them. At any case, the ability to compress a power machine into the frame of a laptop while still having excellent cooling is impressive in and of itself.

2015-05-15

"The service was excellent, all my questions were answered very quickly and effectively, any changes to my order were processed very quickly and I am very satisfied with the end result. "

2015-05-14

"Although the first system I received had to be RMA'd, XoticPC took care of it without any hassle. They had the PC ready within the timeframe they posted. "

2015-05-14

"This was the best laptop buying experience i have ever had. Prior to purchase I could not decide between a couple computers and their customer service were very knowledgeable and responded very quickly to all of my questions. the laptop came very fast and has been perfect since receiving it 6 months ago"

2015-05-14

"I've ordered 3 laptops from Xotic PC now. Every time they have been competitively priced, and promptly shipped. If I've had any questions about my order or any options, they have been very quick to respond."

2015-05-13

"Super friendly and helpful, I needed my laptop asap because I am leaving town and customer service helped me so I get it in time! It is everything I asked for and more!"

2015-05-13

"Phenomenal shop, let me say this...after hours of researching I have found no other places that offer the amount of choices for customization than this place. Paint jobs, laminates, copper cooling, monitor calibration, sketch etching and art; I could not find a site that offered similar. I have so far built two machines through them and plan on returning in the near future.

Above all the features, discounts, systems, and specials they offer; it's really the customer support that has me coming back. Josh K. is my guy, helped me build in 2013 and again in 2014, always touching base with me regarding updates and process. The first year the Brian from graphics even went so far as to snap a photo of my build in mid configuration to show me how well it was coming along. They are friendly, courteous and are always in touch.

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,403 merchant members.