Stores > Xotic PC

Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.40/10 8.40/10

What is this?

2016-02-15

Xotic Service!

"The team at Xotic PC did a phenomenal job of helping me build the gaming machine that I wanted. After I placed my initial I was promptly contacted by their customer service department to go over the details of my build and finalize everything. I was in constant contact with someone throughout the entire building an testing phase of my machine.

Additionally, I missed out on a free game offer when I purchased my machine and their customer service followed up with me to make sure that my machine was running as best as I had expected and they gave me the option to pick a game from their current promotions.

I will definitely be using them again when I upgrade again!

This review was modified by JakeC. on February 15 2016 08:27:41 PM

2016-02-12

Awesome company!

"Bought my sager from this comoany back in 2012. These dudes are really great when it comes to customer service. Needed to replace cd drive coz it wasnt working. Got the parrs 2 days later.

Bought gaming msi in oct of 2015.

Will buy from them again. 10/10

This review was modified by Seven309 on February 12 2016 06:38:35 AM

2016-02-11

Xotic PC will have my business forever.

"I don't normally write reviews unless I have had a negative experience, but in this case I MUST make an exception. I ordered a custom laptop from them at the end of October. They made sure I was getting everything I wanted during each step of the order including confirming that I intentionally ordered it without an operating system. I will never order a new laptop from anyplace other than Xotic PC. They have earned my business forever. Anytime someone is talking about getting a new computer I try to steer them towards xoticpc.com."

This review was modified by cymage on February 11 2016 07:42:53 AM

2016-02-04

You're almost there........

"This is my first experience with a reseller. I am not a gamer, but I found myself in the market for a gaming laptop as they are built to handle resource hungry media editing software.
I researched all the major resellers, and Xotic won my business, in no small part because of the reviews that I read on this site. Not to mention after visiting all of the reseller's sites and "building" the machine I wanted to check out the final price, I discovered that Xotic provided more options than the competition. I received delivery of my machine 2 days ago, and I absolutely could not be happier.
I purchased the MSI GT72s Dominator Pro G-219. I upped the memory to 32GB, an added an additional SSD drive to the already ample power this thing is equipped with. I have thrown an editing project that consisted of 4K video, and lots of transitions, color correction, and other things that I have seen other machines bog down on and it spit it out like it was nothing! I feel really good about my purchase with Xotic.
So why only the 4 stars, you ask? Communication.

Another thing that convinced me to go with these guys was in their FAQ section, they specifically state that Laptop builds ship 4 to 9 business days after the order is processed. But when you receive your confirmation that the order is processed successfully (meaning that they have your money in hand), there is a contradictory remark that the build will take 9 to 16 days to ship after the order has made it to Phase 2 of their building process. Order Processing is Phase 1. This is a direct contradiction, and leaves you wondering when exactly you might receive your order. There is no guarantee when your order will make it to Phase 2. They do add, however if you pay an extra $49 'Rush fee" that your build will be shipped 1 to 4 days after Phase 2. To me this added insult to the already minor injury I was experiencing, and left me wondering how $49 could magically get my order out faster when they claim they painstakingly work to get your order out as fast as possible anyway. This left me a pretty anxious because lack of inventory, back orders, or Godzilla attacking Lincoln, NE could greatly affect how long my build would take, and I wouldn't have known it until AFTER I paid for the service. For the record, and referencing the statement I had originally read of 4 to 9 days after order processing in the FAQ section, my order shipped 13 business days after it was processed.

So with that, and though I was slightly aggravated with the vagueness in which Xotic PC states that you can expect your order, my overall experience with them has been great. Alex with Xotic is always quick to respond to any email that you send him, and he seems very eager to keep his customers happy. My new machine came very well packaged, and it is by far, SO FAR the best PC I have ever owned. I do wish that MSI would design a Laptop with the GT72's specific hardware design, that was a little less gamer oriented in the way it looks, as in a little more professional looking and less resembling a UFO at night but that is for an MSI specific review and not Xotic.

So Xotic, have your system of estimating build times revamped by the time I am ready to buy another machine, and you'll get that extra star! And yes, I will be doing business with you guys again. Except the next time I will know not to have any expectations of getting my machine at any particular time, but when it does arrive I'll know it was worth the wait because I am getting a Class A build when it arrives.

This review was modified by Scottbg1 on February 05 2016 12:54:58 PM

2016-01-21

Great computer at a great price

"Love the quality of the screen and the ability to get a 2 TB system at an affordable price. Customer service has been good to deal with when I have questions."

This review was modified by azdavid on January 21 2016 11:02:25 AM

Superior Build.

"I had been searching for a while for a laptop to replace my aging Asus. I stumbled across Xotic PC while researching the MSI machines. After much research I ordered a MSI GSS70 Stealth Pro 6.
I added way more options then I'll probably ever need but I only buy once ever 7-8 years.
Pat J at Xotic was great to deal with and communication prior and after the sale has been great. Shipping was pretty quick considering I ordered around the holidays. Unit came in beautifully packaged and I received 2 days after ship notification. One minor free item was left out of my box but Xotic is remedying that issue now.
I would highly recommend Xotic PC and I am extremely happy with my new MSI laptop

XoticPC Best Laptop Reseller Online

"My order was delivered fast and as advertised at a cheaper price than the competition. The customer service was great. I was updated several times on the status of my order by email and phone. The payment options are what you would expect from any big online retailer. They offer a discount if you pay in cash. I also received a military discount without asking for it. XoticPC informed me of the military discount when I shipped to a military post office and applied it to my order. I cannot complain about anything XoticPC had to offer. I recommend buying a laptop from XoticPC, especially a Sager laptop. You won't find a better laptop reseller anywhere else online."

This review was modified by nthnp on January 19 2016 04:31:10 AM

Great Custom Laptop

"My old computer was something that couldn't handle gaming or my computer science homework. Constantly overheating and crashing. So one of my friends recommended Xotic PC. I picked out the MSI GT72 Dominator -019 and customized it to reflect the specifications that my professors recommended as well as made sure it had the best cooling I could get. When I had questions they were really great about answering and answered quickly. It did take a a week to get started on the build but I was informed of every step and if parts were being ordered. When my computer arrived it was beautiful. It came in the premium packaging and was really safe. I got a custom image on it. Also it works wonderfully. I have had no trouble. I was also impressed with the letter that came with the computer and the follow up. Not only did I receive a great laptop which will be my partner for the rest of my school, but I was given excellent customer service. I plan to buy my next computer here. "

This review was modified by nekozuki on January 19 2016 12:12:40 AM

2016-01-17

Custom Laptop with Great Customer Service

"I wanted to customize my new laptop, and I wanted to make sure everything was done correctly. After researching I found Xotic PC. Their great reputation is well earned. They provided great service, and delivered an exceptional customized laptop very quickly.

I highly recommend Xotic PC and look forward to the opportunity to do business with them again.

This review was modified by hodunk on January 17 2016 12:20:11 PM

2016-01-17

Great Company

"Although weary of sending a couple grand through wire transfer to them, it couldn't have turned out better ! They kept me updated throughout the process and the only hiccup we had was due to Sager bringing in their new model line . So in the end I got a better laptop then originally ordered and I received it exceptionally fast! Runs great, and awesome customer service . Thanks XoticPC!"

This review was modified by sager12 on January 17 2016 06:22:33 AM

Great customer service!

"Xotic PC answered all my questions and concerns perfectly. They even did a follow-up to ensure that I was satisfied with my product! They were patient and understanding about my questions to my product and replied within the day or at most, 1 business day. Shipping was fast and it arrived with not a single damage. Thanks Xotic PC and I'd recommend this company any day! "

New company

"Update: Alex, from customer service at xotic contacted me promptly after issuing this review. He was helpful, courteous, and handled my issued swiftly. Would recommend despite the initial rocky start.

Xoticpc has misleading options for computer builds such as rush shipping and rush build. I ordered a stock laptop and choose both options. After not hearing anything after the payment was processed I contacting them and was given a few different timeframes and several different excuses and defections. Still in limbo about the laptop that was ordered

This review was modified by Sevenbeforeeight on January 26 2016 01:39:07 PM

2016-01-15

Best option for custom laptops

"At first, I was hesitating to buy a custom laptop simply because more people purchased the branded ones like Alienware. I decided to purchase a Sager NP8658-S after a lot of deliberation and I was extremely satisfied with the build quality. I had the option to customize the laptop to a great degree and so I had no complaints about the specifications of the laptop as well. The service provided by Xotic is unparalleled. The shipped product was packaged very well and I was also given the option to choose packaging methods. Because they are smaller than Dell or HP, they are able to take care of their individual customers. They follow-up on the purchase as they want to optimize your experience with your machine. "

This review was modified by captainsuperstar on January 15 2016 07:33:36 AM

2016-01-14

Xotic PC, The Best Place for Custom PCs

"I was referred to Xotic PC by a friend many years ago when I was looking for a new laptop. Since then, I have ordered 3 different laptops from Xotic and have referred them to other as well. Xotic's customer service is top of the line! They truly care about your experience and communicate with you on a personal basis. I ran into some problems with one of my order, but I called customer service and quickly solved the issue. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in a new pc. "

2016-01-14

"Very quick shipping, had the computer in my hands and ready to go about a week after I ordered it, good value on the customization, so I was able to make this laptop my own. They've earned a customer for life!"

This review was modified by Malyc on January 14 2016 01:37:51 PM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,611 merchant members.