Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.46/10 9.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.78/10 9.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.34/10 9.34/10

What is this?

"I chose a notebook for my granddaughter to take to college. I didn't choose it for gaming, I chose it for storage space. I opted for two SSD's, one replacing the boot drive with a SSD and another SSD for additional storage.
These were all options that were available. As soon as they got my order they took the money from my credit card and I moved the money from my savings account. I paid the credit company for the bill.
Several days later Xotic called me and said the notebook is not capable of a second SSD. (why offer it if it can't be done) Then they credit my card for almost $850 after the notebook ships. In so many words my credit card gets my money and I can't put it back into my savings account.
I have now received the notebook and talked with the representative and say that in my disappointment did get carried away.
The notebook is really great (although I would have liked more storage space). I got a large storage drive and it will work out.
The people at Xotic PC were easy to work with I would do more business with them in the future and recommend them to others.

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-16-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this customers concern. We post notebooks online according to the specifications provided to us by the manufacturers. Unfortunately sometimes these specs are incorrect. We validate them as soon as they get here however we cannot get to all of them before orders take place. We were in contact with you during the entire process and explained the situation and even offered free promotional items for the inconvenience. Per Credit Card terms we must refund any money back to the original way it was purchased. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do and we are always happy to help.”

"Xotic is a great company that strives towards excellent customer service. If you are a geek like me, and like "click once, it ships to my door" type service then at times it can be a little frustrating, however it really is excellent customer service and they make sure your order is right and that the configuration you picked is valid. They sell very nice machines at competitive prices and beat the rest through customer service. I have ordered my last 2 laptops through them and will order my next."

"Great customer sevice, and shipping was reliable without damaging any of the components of the computer! Will buy from there again in the near future."

"Xotic PC is an amazing company, and have no regrets buying from. I had issues (none at all related to Xotic, my personal issues) and requested the latest version of my bios. At first, they precautioned me with the dangers of flashing, but once I confirmed I knew the risks, and am rather knowledgeable on computers (computer science major), they quickly followed up with the new bios and proper instructions for updating!

They're also nice enough to check in on you periodically to make sure everything functions as it should, and remind you of their RMA in the unfortunate case that anything may have failed. 5/5 would recommend their services easily.

"I ordered my laptop from Xotic on 1/21/2014. Not only was the system delivered to me quickly and in perfect working order, but the customer service was second to none. I didnt have any issues come up where I needed to speak with customer service, but they continually checked in with me and updated me with the progress of my build. I love the customization options on Xotics website. It's hard to find a retailer that allows so much customization and doesnt take months to ship the product."

"After considerable browsing on custom laptops, my son selected an upgraded MSI GS70 laptop. During the testing phase they found a keyboard issue and got the replacement part installed. Rest of burn in and testing went as planned. Great service. No problems. Will order from them again when need arises!"

"I've ordered 2 Sager laptops from Xotic and both times have been satisfactory. I received both laptops in a little over a week in very protective packaging. Neither has caused me any problems and I am happy with my service. "

"I purchased the ASUS N550JV-DB71 as a replacement of my venerable Dell Studio 15. Unlike my Dell laptop, this ASUS does not overheat within 30 minutes of use, and the fan is very quiet. One of the upgrades that I got was the copper cooling and the diamond silicon for the CPU. Customer service was very friendly when following-up on my purchase from the website. When the laptop arrived to my home, it was neatly packaged and in mint condition. I would highly recommend shopping at Xotic PC, and look forward to my next purchase."

"Love the system. Able to customize it to meet my needs now and in the future. Very large selection available. Everything is pre-tested once built so no problems straight out of the box. . Service was great. Able to follow the process of a custom build every step of the way.Received the system earlier than expected. Keep up the good work. Xotic PC should be your first and last stop for your next system."

" I ordered a gaming laptop from XoticPC earlier this year and they gave me terrific service. Whenever you first talk to them, they give you an assigned knowledgeable member of their team to walk you through the process of choosing and purchasing a computer that meets/exceeds your needs.

After working on my computer and sending it to me, they were extremely open to helping me out with small issues I had. I am happy with their customer and reseller service.

"Overall, I was very satisfied with Xotic PC. There were some bumps along the way but things happen:o I was originally looking into a laptop that was regardless difficult to get even from Lenovo themselves, so I gave up on that and started looking into a different type of laptop. Right now, I have the MSI GE70. I was able to come to getting that one though since some of the reps that were helping me out gave me good info. The little bumps that came in were the issues with my original order. There were also a few issues with the first time I tried to process the order for my MSI GE70 but the person helping me along the way told me the issue, then ended up putting an express order for the laptop which was pretty awesome since I had been waiting a little and was going through weird uncommon issues. Overall, I'm glad I went with Xotic PC. A friend of mine had recommended it and I'd recommend Xotic PC to a friend if they asked where to order a laptop or desktop from.

"I bought an Asus laptop from XoticPC and received it in perfect working and cosmetic order. I've had it for 6 months now and nothing has broken or anything of the sort. Their customer service was top notch and would definitely buy another computer from them. "

"Once ordered a $3,000 MSI laptop from Xotic PC. To say the least I was very very pleased with the overall outcome of my investment. Definitely a solid company I will always use. I was immediately informed of my order details with very clear motives. The online chat is what swayed me into shopping at Xotic PC. I could totally understand everything, and I knew I was talking to a highly educated individual. Thank you."

West Palm Beach

"Bought from this company based on its good ratings. I would NOT buy from them again. The reasons are as follows:

1. I purchased a $2,750 laptop from them. I am new to laptops but have a lot of desktop experience. Product arrived intact, but the steps in the build/test process advertised on the website did not match the actual test process timeline as it was reported to me via email. For instance, the step for the burn-in and test for 72 hours took a day at most? Either the reporting process is not accurate or the tests did not take the allotted 72 hours.
2. After receiving the laptop, I could not get the built in webcam to work. Drivers were loaded, nothing looked amiss. Since I purchased a screen upgrade, I was worried the webcam was not plugged in or something similar. I called the 24/7 tech support line three times over an 8 hour period. All three times I got an answering machine. All three times a left a message. None of the messages were returned. (I did leave a call back number on each call). Phone support is...not available despite what the website says. You are on your own for tech support.
3. When I did not get a call back within a reasonable period of time (for a 24/7 operation like the website says), I sent an email request for assistance in, leaving my return email address and phone number. After three (3) days, I finally get a return email, telling me how to turn the webcam on. Fair enough, he got it right, but took three darn days to get back to me with the simple instructions. Shameful tech support. While waiting, I got a solution to the problem online, after trying several possible things recommended by others. Using online solutions on a brand new machine because the advertised 24/7 tech support could not respond in a timely manner is shameful. Guys, if you strictly sell machines and do not support them, SAY SO!! That way, your customers will not have expectations for a 24/7 tech support line.
3. They did not have the model laptop I wanted in stock (MSI GS70 Stealth Pro 212, 3 device Super Raid). Sales person assured me they could add a third ssd to the raid array of another model (GS70 Stealth Pro 210) and there would not be any difference between the two. Well, I got two different models of ssd (although the same size). According to ATTO, my data transfer rates are under 1000 mb/s, when I should be getting between 1000 and 1500 mb/s. Not sure why this is. I tried reloading the bios and drivers. But get the same results. I got screwed. I cannot return the laptop since the 10-day window for an unconditional return has expired (it starts when they ship, not when you receive it and test it). I am stuck with it. It works, just not like the MSI webpage says it should.

I have lost confidence in these guys, and will call them only as a last resort. Or perhaps I should call them first and get help elsewhere while I wait for a response. I will try to find a solution to the ssd super raid data rate problem.

If you are buying on price, go ahead and consider Xotic PC. If you want support after the sale, or even during the purchase, I suggest you look elsewhere. There are at least two other laptop boutiques that offer the same 24/7 service at the same price. They certainly cannot do any worse. My next laptop purchase for my daughter will be from someone else.

**Update #1**
About 10 minutes after posting this review, the General Manager for Xotic PC called me in an attempt to resolve my issues. She apologized for my issue with the tech support hotline and explained the hotline was shut down due to a family emergency on the part of the technician. Apparently, there was a message somewhere on the website, but I missed it. At this time, they now have 24/5 tech support. OK. Water under the bridge.

Of more importance is the issue of allegedly slow data transfer speed for the 3-way ssd RAID. The GM put me in contact with the Service Manager, who also apologized for the tech support problem. The Service Manager is looking into my data transfer speed complaint and said he would be back in touch with me once he looks into the problem. OK, this is a bit more complex than turning on the webcam LOL. I will update this review as the situation warrants. Check back soon!

**Update #2**
The Service Manager called back and verified I should be getting higher data transfer rates than what I was experiencing. After remotely running my benchmark test (ATTO), he updated the Intel RST software (I should have done it! DOH!). I had already updated the BIOS to the latest version. We re-ran the benchmark and observed a 30% minimum increase in the data transfer rate. However, the Service Manager pointed out the ATTO is not a realtime measurement, only one measurement in time. He recommended loading and running HDTune, which we did. HDTune confirmed data transfer rates close to 1,500 MB/sec, which is the speed boasted by MSI. Problem resolved. I am a happy camper and my new laptop appears to be performing as advertised.

In summary, after a bad tech support experience, the company went out of their way to resolve my issues to my satisfaction. I cannot reasonably ask for more. I have revised my rating of this store to "5 Stars", and will be using them for another laptop purchase in about 6 months, when my daughter goes to grad school. How I am going to pay for it remains to be seen :) Thank you Xotic PC for helping me and resolving my issues.

Sincerely,

Ed Rahrig

"I came across XOTIC PC while searching for a laptop build. It was nice to be able to pick and choose what options I wanted and didn't want. After placing my order, they contacted me within a day to inform me about some options I neglected to include. The service was timely, they kept me informed throughout and I'd definitely recommend these guys and use their service again."

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.