Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.41/10 8.41/10

What is this?

2015-12-17

"10/10 would buy from Xotic PC again. They have very high quality products and they have the best support team. I would 100% recommend buying from them again."

This review was modified by Dmarrero10 on December 17 2015 08:52:47 PM

2015-12-17

"I've had something of a mixed experience with Xotic PC's sales department. I was left dissatisfied by a contact with their sales department, but I was contacted by Tanner with their service team, and I found his interest in and dedication to my satisfaction as a customer very encouraging. "

This review was modified by JBG77 on December 17 2015 03:33:32 PM

2015-12-17

"I wanted to purchase a gaming laptop, and I decided to go with a reseller (instead of just buying from Amazon) because they offered additional accessories as well as additional quality assurance. I wanted both a large enough backpack (which was offered for free), and for someone to ensure the laptop I would receive would be completely functional.

I decided to go with Xotic PC based on their many positive reviews. I am unhappy and dissatisfied with the service provided by Xotic PC for the following reasons:

- Xotic PC did not meet the time estimates they set for themselves. Each time Xotic PC missed their maximum estimate for the next stage, I had to reach out to them to find out the status. There was no proactive communication from them at all. I found out 14 days after my order was placed that they didn't even have the laptop available, and that it was back-ordered with the manufacturer. There was no indication on the sales website, or in any subsequent communication that this laptop was unavailable. I would have canceled my order, if there wasn't a 3% fee for doing so. It took another 27 days from that point before I had the laptop in my hands.

- I did not receive the backpack and accessories that were offered. I was called by a sales person who offered this bundle to meet a competitor's offer. I was assured by a separate sales person that these would be included even if the order took a long time to fill. I was told that the accessories had actually shipped along with the laptop. When they did not arrive as promised, I was informed that the free accessories bundle promotion was for a limited time, and was now over. They did offer a free game code (which can't be used to carry a large laptop), and to cobble something else together. I needed what was originally offered and agreed on, and I expected them to follow-through on that, so I declined.

- The laptop I received was defective; the right side of the spacebar was not functional. I contacted the manufacturer to see if there was something I could to do fix this, and they indicated they would need to replace the keyboard. On this model of laptop, that requires a complete teardown, and up to a month in their repair depot. This is exactly the scenario I wanted to avoid by going with Xotic PC; they did not ensure the laptop was fully functional and free of defects.

Long after my order was placed, I was left with a defective laptop, nothing to carry it in, and no confidence in Xotic PC. They did offer to pay the shipping costs to send it back to them so they could repair it. I didn't want to deal with any further unexpected problems, delays, or broken promises with what should have been my awesome new laptop, so instead I decided to return it for a refund. This was with full knowledge that I would be losing approximately $250 to cover non-refundable services and shipping costs. I threw this money away just so that I could be done with dealing with Xotic PC.

I did receive a refund for the expected amount (original price less shipping and non-refundable service fees).

To be fair, their performance in the following areas was as expected: sales, packing and shipping, custom services, upgrades.

12/18/2015 - Update:

The Chief Operating Officer of Xotic PC contacted me within 15 minutes of posting this review, and spent time communicating with me to understand the issues. He was able to explain how this ended up happening. It was a confluence of difficult factors on their side (website migration, huge releases by multiple manufacturers, holiday shopping rush) as well as a bit of bad luck which wasn't anyone's fault.

Xotic PC took responsibility and proactively provided an additional refund to make me whole, I didn't have to ask for it. I adjusted the rating on this review accordingly. Even though I had a negative initial experience, the company went well out of their way to communicate, understand, and make it right. I would trust that in future dealings that this company would either get it right the first time, or make it right in the end.

I consider the matter resolved, and would consider Xotic PC when I need a laptop again.

This review was modified by AAH-RR on December 18 2015 09:51:39 AM

2015-12-17

"VERY VERY VERY SLOW SERVICE. It took 2 days for them to reply my message. After I placed order, I was expecting a confirmation email within 24hrs, ended up I have to email them again on the next day to "remind" them. Lastly i email them again for clarification on payment details, and i got reply after 2 emails and 6 days."

This review was modified by lemonz on December 17 2015 07:05:42 AM

2015-12-15

"I had been looking at laptops for a while when I was referred to Xotic PC on a message board. I previously looked at buying an obcscenely expensive Origin laptop and decided to jump over to Xotic's website to compare and was plesantly surprised with the breadth of options. Prices certainly weren't the lowest I've seen, but I found exactly what I was looking for. That said, heere was my experience:

Searching for a good computer was easy enough. My only complaint would probably be that I would've liked to be able to do a search for a base-level computer that met my criteria easier.

Once I found a suitable laptop platform, I customized my computer to my heart's content. My options seemed pretty endless. Being able to customize on that level was good to my wallet too.

Ordering went swimmingly. My card was not charged until it was ensured that I was the owner of the card (which was extremely comforting).

Xotic PC Customer Service kept me in the loop throughout the entire process, giving me regular status updates and information about my purchase. They even let me alter my order prior to assembly to increase the RAM option from 8gb to 16gb with no fuss.

My laptop arrived within a couple weeks from ordering in perfect condition. My wife and I love it. We will certainly be ordering our next laptop through Xotic PC.

This review was modified by Falcon509 on December 15 2015 05:03:08 PM

2015-12-15

"I bought the MSI GT80S SLI-002 (link: http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt80s-titan-sli002-p-8751.html) on Black Friday, and they send me the instruction of wire transfer on the following Monday. I finished the payment as quick as possible on the same day (11/30.) At first I was so worried because I will leave my current address for the Christmas break on 12/15, therefore I have to get my laptop before that day. However, they kept sending the emails that my order is being processed in different phases(inventory gathering, inventory allocation, etc.) but they just didn't send it. I didn't have any customized modification on my laptop so I assume they would ship it right after they processed my payment, but meh, it took a lot longer than I expected.

So I wrote an email about my concerns to their customer service manager Alex Peters. He replied me really fast (like in 10 minutes) and he said he will investigate what is going on to my order. Thankfully, after my inquiry they shipped the laptop on 12/8. The shipping was really fast though, I chose free FedEx shipping during the checkout and it only took 2 days from NE to TX. I just wish that they could send it earlier so I don't have to worry that much, lol.

After opening the package, I found everything was fine except the metal key caps replacement kit was missing, which they introduced on their production description page. I sent another email about this issue to Alex and he immediately started investigating. Finally, he told me that MSI stopped putting those key cap replacement kits in their new models. (they were included in GT80S' predecessor GT80) I was really disappointed when first heard this, but Alex told me that he contacted MSI to send me a set of the metal key caps and he also gave me a free game code for compensation. I was so happy with the outcome and therefore I'm leaving a 5-star review here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bottom Line: Xotic PC has exceptional customer service and provides great customizing services, go for it if you value those. However, if all you want is a regular, non-customized system and you need it to be delivered in a timely-manner, I would rather suggest Amazon or other online retailers for a faster processing and shipping.

This review was modified by DanielG.W. on December 15 2015 01:39:22 PM

2015-12-14

"The delivery and the service is top notch. The laptop is in excellent condition. Me and my brother would be definitely purchasing again at Xotic-Pc. The only thing missing really are the free game promotions, but that's minor since they give it you with no questions asked if you present you order number. All in all, great support and service staff. Awesome company and I'm very satisfied."

This review was modified by HazeB on December 14 2015 05:30:10 PM

2015-12-11

"I purchased a Sager laptop from Xotic PC on November 23, 2015 for both personal and business use. The sales team was incredibly helpful and responsive whenever I had questions. The laptop arrived sooner than expected, which was an amazing surprise!

On a specific note: I bought the laptop during Nvidia's Bullets or Blades promotion, where you get to choose a free game between Rainbow Six: Siege and the newest Assassin's Creed. I had not received any literature in regards to the promotion, so I contacted the sales support chat line and Pat J was as helpful as anyone could possibly be. He looked into my order, verified that my purchase was applicable to the promotion and then promptly provided me with a promo code to download my free game. ABSOLUTELY BEST CHAT SERVICE I'VE EVER USED! Due to Pat's service alone, I plan to be a life-long customer of Xotic as I am confident if I have any issues, service specialists like Pat will get me situated and ensure I receive all the great perks available.

Xotic PC ftw!

-Matt Rossi

This review was modified by xRossi1x on December 11 2015 08:09:26 AM

2015-12-10

"I Had an order in with Xotic PC for about a month and a half and had to cancle my order because of time constraints and their inability to build and ship my computer in a timely manner, despite the $49 rush build and customer service informing me that all the parts were on hand (and had been for 2-3 weeks prior to my cancellation. Their customer service reps were always respectful and professional when communicating with them via email or over the phone. However I had to contact them more than FIVE times to cancel my order which was extremely frustrating especially sense i had purchased the same computer from another vendor after the first time i was told my order had been canceled. Going with another Vendor took 2 days not 2 months and no extra 50 dollar rush fee to get my computer built, shipped, and in my hands. Maybe my case is not the norm, but i know that I will not be using Xotic PC for any future purchases nor will i recommend them to anyone.

Also there seems to be a disconnect between the live chat and phone support. Ie. speaking with the them over the phone and being assured something like shipping/build completion or order cancellation only to follow up a few days to a week later and it was as if i had never spoke with them. My recommendation if you chose to do business with them is to get all of your support through the live chat on their website because there will be a record/transcript sent to your email.

Update December 14th 2015
I was contacted by Xotic PCs Chief Operations Officer, Joshua Triplett shortly after writhing this review to try and smooth things over. Him contacting me was i think more of a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" and had i not written this review I would not have been contacted. However its not managements job to monitor every transaction/order. In any case once this was brought to his attention i believe that Xotic PC wanted do everything in their ability to make it right. After this was brought up to management and they found out what had happened with my order they apologized and explained what had happened with my order and why it was so delayed. A high order volume/backlog due to Christmas shopping and it had been pulled from production because i had added the rush build. The latter, as it was explained to me actually delayed production of my computer because of procedures they have in place. Josh assured me that the procedures and processes had been corrected so this will not happen in the future to other customers, which i believe. Being that I already had received my computer from another vendor there was not much they could do, but they did do the best thing they could possibly do for the customer with the current state of things and that was not charge me the 3% restocking fee and refund the entire amount. And sense I had payed with a wire transfer they also payed the $25 dollar wire fee (which amazed me, good show Xotic PC). Throughout the entire process Josh and the Xotic PC customer service team were nice, respectful, and more importantly helpful in resolving this entire situation. All in all this entire debacle cost me 2 months of waiting/time and $25 to initially wire out the payment. I will still not use their services, nor will i recommend them. I will say however that if there is legitimately an issue the will bend over backwards to fix it or make it as right as it can be. Thank you Xotic PC for doing right by me in the end.

This review was modified by EarlMidgett on December 14 2015 05:22:08 PM

2015-12-08

"Awaiting order ship date. "

This review was modified by Keebs107 on December 08 2015 01:00:51 PM

2015-12-01

"Ok where do I begin. Well when I first purchased my laptop here I was happy with what I was buying, before even receiving it, confident I was going to be happy with my purchase. Then this is how it went... They do their orders in phases each phase completing a different step in the entire process. My initial purchase took a while to actually process ( A couple weeks I belive). Then on phase 2 or 3 I was told multiple stories from reps as to why it was taking while to move to the next step. First it was we are waiting on the laptop cause of MSI, then its were waiting on a driver. Finally I stopped and decided to call one more time and get someone new and get a consistent answer. That's when I got Patrick J. he assured me they have the laptop they are just waiting on a drive then they can start. Then shortly after I get another call from Patrick saying they actually have it and are ready to start assembly. I thank Patrick and am happy he kept me from just canceling my order. After receiving the laptop I had an issue. For some reason my 1TB hard drive was not recognized and wasn't showing up. Intiially I felt that after all the issues I had that they just didn't put it in. That's when I called and got Alex P he is a manager there and heard me out about my current and past issue. Alex P When the Full 9 for me. He understood the last thing I wanted, after waiting soooooo long for my laptop, was to send it back and have them check it out. He reassured me I could definetly do this on my own as long as I felt comfortable with him showing me how. He links me a video I follow it step by step and the 1TB is in there but It isn't being recognized so he showed me exactly what to do and we got it going. And to top it all off he got my a copy of Rainbow 6 siege. I will Definetly return for Service, Accessories, hell even a new laptop or desktop if I have to (Hopefully not **cough cough**) To wrap it up Patrick J and Alex P TY For getting me through all the Call center run around people get and for actually treating me like not only a customer but as a human being, and not seeing the customer as a 9-5 grind. YOU 2 SCORED MY BUSINESS FOR LIFE!"

This review was modified by DASSCOOT89 on December 01 2015 05:34:07 PM

2015-11-27

"amazing sales service and questions answered promptly.
I will call again!

2015-11-25

"About the Seller :
unbelievable, one of the best sellers I have ever dealt with they response to everything, I even changed my Laptop configuration after I placed order and I was waiting for shipment and they did it without any extra cost or argue

If you are looking for customized laptop then go for this seller ,

About the product :
Normally I don't review products until it's been used heavy for a long time otherwise it will be useless because problems normally appear after one year of use

This review about Sager NP9370

Best Laptop I have ever purchased since my 1st one "this laptop number 9"
Best quality
Best performance
Best Build

In compare to , MSI, Asus
By today NP9370 is no longer available but the model NP9XXX is available in different models and specs with newer hardware

2015-11-24

"I didn't actually buy anything from them but I spoke to their support agent and it was the best experience I've had with the live chat on a company website. It wasn't just some person putting in a bunch of random presets that don't pertain to my issue. Instead it was a majestic man named Pat J, who was actually able to give an actual response to the absurd request I wanted. If you ever need to use their live chat support system, ask for Pat J 10/10 times. Make sure you tell him the Royal Serbian couple sent you. Also tell him that 5 USB hubs can fit on a lanyard if you use dental floss. Overall, 10/10 would be supported again. - Serbian Prince"

This review was modified by Serbian_Prince on November 24 2015 08:04:45 AM

2015-11-23

"Xotic PC is a wonderful service and provided amazing customer service ranging from my endless questions to quick replies to problems with my credit card. They helped me pick out a computer and parts much better than I would on my own for a MUCH lower price. 10/10 would buy again."

This review was modified by import-username on November 23 2015 08:14:41 AM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,635 merchant members.