Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.58/10 6.58/10

2016-06-30

Beastly Laptop at a fair price + great Customer Support

"I had ordered a MSI GT72 Dominator-019, needing a new laptop on June 16th 2016. I looked on XoticPC first with a friend of mine, with a budget of ~1700$ We spent time looking through the selection, with only the idea of a MSI in that budget with a 17.3" screen. The layout of the site is top notch, very easy to see what each laptop option has, and you can filter your search to only include certain options. (Such as something broad like a certain brand, down to something as narrow as a certain graphics card.) Customization is just as easy, with every option laid out, you have to research the parts, but the part names can easily be google searched, so research wont take too long. Same day I ordered the Laptop, took about 1 week for the order to be processed, which makes sense with this kind of purchase, and then 1 week to be assembled and shipped. Every day they sent an e-mail with a status update so I did not have any reason to contact them about the process. When it arrived, everything was pristine and well packaged, and worked right out of the box. I had ordered it with a clean install of windows 10 on it, and they shipped it with an install disc full of device drivers as well. Took a few hours to get everything set up, but now I can play most games on the market right now with maximum graphics at 60+ fps. XoticPC is a very reliable service, and I would go through them again when I need a new computer, and I would refer anyone looking for a computer designed for work, or play."

2016-06-25

Customer Service

"Customer Service was difficult to contact and very slow with a response."

Rep reply posted Jun-28-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

We appologize if you had any issues trying to contact us. In this situation we ourselves were trying to get updates from the manufacturer on your repair. We are sorry we did not respond as quickly as you would have liked. Please rest assured that we are actively working this issue with the manufacturer and will get all the issues resolved. If you have any issues or just need assistance please contact us at mangement@xoticpc.com”

2016-06-23

Perfect!

"Exactly how a reseller should be. I order a Sager 8658s with 4k screen and it was crafted perfectly. They followed all requests perfectly and answered all questions in customer service chats as soon as possible. "

2016-06-23

Could be worse!

"Didn't enjoy removing the gaudy XOTIC PC logo from the top of the LCD screen. Thought I was going to break the screen while trying to remove it.

Also, since day one, the intel display driver stops responding and then eventually recovers.

Haven't looked into the issue yet. Not sure if it's ASUS, intel, or XOTIC PC's fault. Assumed these types of issues should have been caught while testing the computer at XOTIC before shipping to the customer.

2016-06-22

Great Service and User friendly website

"I ordered Sager NP8678-S from them, they offer many cool options to personalize your computer and custom upgrades. I got a degree in IT, so I usually build my own gaming computer. But, they showed me they could do better job then me lol. Anyway, my only regret is, I should have purchased extra SSD and RAM from them because its cheaper than amazon and newegg. Oh well overall 5 star service"

2016-06-21

Unable to fix issues with order

"I placed an order for a laptop and selected a special that would get me a free headset worth $49. This was not included in the order, and I am now being told that the headset is out of stock and there is no ETA on when it will be available. I also was supposed to get free FedEx Ground shipping, and was charged $32 for it. After two weeks of back and forth emails (around two dozen), phone calls, and assurances that I would be refunded, I still have not been. That's $32 and a headset I'm owed, or just $81 if you prefer to think of it that way. The person from their customer service team I've been dealing with seems like a nice guy who is trying, but it's just not happening. I don't want to blame him, but Xotic PC is not a company I expect to deal with in the future if this is the kind of thing that I can expect. I'll edit this review just as soon as I get what they owe me. Shipping was pretty fast, though. I'll give them that.
Edit 6/27/2016: After posting this review, I was contacted by a customer loyalty specialist, and he was able to finally get my refund processed after a few days. By the time the refund was fully processed, the headsets had come back in stock, and one was sent to me. I was briefly offered another option, but then the headsets were back and I was sent one of those. So, I mean, that's what I originally wanted, so that's fine. Bottom line: it took a few weeks, but I eventually got everything that I ordered. Am I thrilled with how it worked out? No, not really. But it did eventually work out. I'm sure that four stars will disappoint the customer loyalty specialist, because he really seemed to want that five star review, but what can I say.

This review was modified by q59230 on June 27 2016 06:40:47 PM

2016-06-20

Everything you want!

"Customer service is top notch! I'm glad I found this company and had the pleasure of finding everything I needed for high tier computers. The custom ordering process is fun. Talk with the service team to make sure everything is compatible with your custom build because their custom catalog is so big I'm sure it's hard for them to keep it all completely accurate. The checkout was flawless and you can use Paypal. the team was very professional, friendly, and easy to get a hold of! They send you emails in every step of the process of your build, so you know how far along it is. Shipping through Fed-ex was good. You always have the option to pick it up from your nearest Fedex location if you won't be home when they deliver. My order came in a well packaged box with zero signs of damage."

2016-06-20

Definitely worth it!

"Just got my MSI GT72 Dominator from Xotic PC, and wow, what a laptop! This thing is just amazing, met all my expectations. It took a little long for me to receive this laptop but it was definitely worth the wait. The Xotic PC costumer service is really awesome, they contact you at every step of the purchase, since the beginning until the delivery, they really care about the costumer, and that is just amazing. The laptop came with a few tweaks done by them and also the results on benchmark tests they did too. In addition, the pre-installed windows 10 came with no bloatwares at all, which is really good. In all, a outstanding service done by Xotic PC, I am really happy with this purchase and would definitely buy from them again."

2016-06-17

Xotic PC first time order - very good results!

"I placed an order for a very high end Laptop (Sager 17.3" with i7-6700 4ghz / GTX 980 Notebook GPU, 32 GB ram, 256 GB SSD and 1TB hybrid mechanical drive). After 6 months of use, Xotic asked me to review their product and service on this sight, which I was happy to do.

Their prices were competitive and delivery times reasonable for a custom high end notebook.

I received the Notebook on time, and I placed two calls to Xotic PC to find out it's status, both of which were handled promptly and provided updates to the computers completion timeline.

The Sager Notebook is better than expected - without bloatware it is very fast, very stable and it is a pleasure to work and play with it. It's been 6 months since I received it and not a single problem so far. Even Windows 10 isn't as intrusive as I thought it might be.

Overall very pleased with the Laptop PC and with Xotic PC overall. I would use them again, possibly for a new desktop sometime soon!

This review was modified by JustSomeGuy17 on June 17 2016 11:50:30 AM

2016-06-15

RMA process needs to be fixed.

"Final Update at the bottom. Finally got my working device. In the rare event you get a DOA device...be ready
----------------------------------------------

I ordered my laptop on Sunday. It shipped Thursday. I think this is within normal parameters for the company. They're not a massive company, which can be a benefit. I received my computer on Monday.

Unfortunately, the computer would not boot past the BIOS. At the time I was trying to set it up, XoticPC support was closed for the day, but I was able to get in touch with MSI support and they quickly deduced the SSD was defective. They immediately suggested I return the laptop for an exchange. I went into my XoticPC account and started the RMA process.

I reached out to XoticPC via chat the following morning to get an idea how long my RMA request would take. They responded "typically about 12-24 hours". At this point, I was more than 12 hours into my request. I re-engaged with support Tuesday afternoon to get the latest status and was told there was no record of my RMA request, even though I could see it in my account as 'pending approval'. I submitted it again for good measure. Through chat that afternoon, I worked with XoticPC support to get the RMA request submitted to MSI.

I checked in the following morning on the RMA request via phone. No movement from MSI. Followed up in the afternoon via chat. Still no movement. I get that the issue was not squarely on XoticPC, but the inability to get movement on a seemingly simple exchange/refund/swap/whatever was beyond frustrating. Luckily, word of my frustration made it to the right powers-that-be at XoticPC and they reached out to me to get the exchange process going.

Update:
They got my laptop repaired and returned to me, fully working. Overall the process could have been much easier than it was, but they turned around the device in a reasonable time.

The RMA process is a convoluted mess, in my opinion. To this date, my account on their website still shows my RMA status as 'Pending Approval'. If that is not indicative of a broken website or internal process, I don't know what is. That I had to post a very negative review on here to get something going, customer service-wise, leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I have a feeling that if I had originally ordered a customized system with upgraded RAM or hard drive, I would not have had this experience, as the system would have been tested before first shipping out. It was an unfortunate run of luck to get a DOA device in the first place. I can acknowledge that.

I'm happy to finally have my laptop working and in my hands.

This review was modified by bryceb04 on June 25 2016 05:38:59 PM

2016-06-15

XOTIC GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, OK ACTUAL SERVICE

"The website could be a bit more informative as to when actual shipment/availability dates.
I unfortunately had to wait over 6 weeks to receive a laptop, due to backordered parts. This was not communicated to me at time of purchase, so I had to find out through contacting customer support. They were quick to respond with updates afterwards though, as well as switch my shipping option to one day(for a price).

2016-06-10

meme

"Met all expectations. Came on time and was reasonably priced."

2016-06-07

Got a Laptop My Way!

"I was frustrated by the time I came across Xotic PC. I had very particular laptop specifications when I was searching for a laptop. It was to be a gaming laptop. That meant I needed a high performance graphics card if I wanted the computer to last more than a year, realistically, but I also wanted to get a very large laptop (19 inches). All of the stock laptops I came across at that size were well over budget. Even the 'specialty sites' that specifically built gaming laptops were well over my budget.

When I came across Xotic PC, I was able to take a base model and upgrade it with what I could afford. The catch was not only could I upgrade the ram, they did the graphics card, drive slots (yes, I said SLOTS, as in you could get up to 4 depending on the model!), and the wifi card. Next thing I knew, I had to figure out how to maximize the performance based on the budget I had because my options suddenly opened up in ways I never expected! (I say that because the last time I tried 'upgrading' a laptop myself...lets just say that is the reason I had to buy a new laptop.)

Now I had the difficult task of trying to decide if I wanted to get a 250GB SSD drive to start up my operating system with a 1TB HDD for storage or sacrifice it all for a 500GB SSD. Do I go for a GTX 960 or a 980? I can afford to dual the 960, so is that better than a single 980?? What kind of cooling should I get, did I even need it? Building my laptop was almost half of the fun!

The worst part was the wait. After I built and budgeted my laptop I couldn't afford express shipping. It was terrible, like a little kid who woke up at 3AM on Christmas morning but had to wait for his parents to wake up at 7AM so we could go downstairs and open presents...The wait was terrible, but worth it!

I am definitely going to use Xotic PC the next time I build my computer.

2016-05-31

Amazing service with quality work!

"So I was in need of a new gaming laptop and did some searching and came upon this gem of a website xoticpc. The site was amazing with so many options to customize the PC and even more options to upgrade the PC. I love this because you can chose to build the PC and not just by something retail and get what comes in the box. This was by far the best part of the site. I will be needing a PC soon so I will come back to this place. "

2016-05-27

Incompetence bordering on theft

"I unfortunately needed to cancel an order with Xotic PC, and did so on May 9th. I was told that I would be refunded in 3 to 5 business days, but, 14 business days later, despite three emails and three calls (all resulting in a response indicating it would be taken care of), I still don't have my money back.

Don't expect them to do anything quickly. If their build process is anything resembling their customer service, don't expect anything until they're good and ready. Obviously don't care what happens once they get your money.

Horrible experience. Should I be in the market again, I'd choose a competitor.

This review was modified by gmayland15 on May 27 2016 07:56:22 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-01-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We apologize greatly for the delay in your refund. By no means was there any intent to withhold these funds. We are handling this issue internally so that this breakdown does not happen again. We have tried contacting you to try and compensate you for the delay. This was a mistake and we cannot apologize enough for it. We hope you can find the time to return our calls or emails. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may look at these processes to improve.”

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,631 merchant members.