Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.97/10 8.97/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.48/10 9.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.69/10 8.69/10

What is this?

"Ordered a GIGABYTE laptop from Xotic PC. They were great about keeping me up to date for the order. The processing/assembly time does take a little bit, so I opted for expedited process. After the fact I wanted to amend my order to remove some Windows software that I decided I did not need. They were great in refunding the amount and changing the order."

"Probably the best company to get custom work done on PCs, hands down! I ordered an MSI Stealth Pro 212 in September 2014 and couldn't be happier. I had countless options on upgrades, or downgrades if you are into that. Most PC manufacturers don't offer much in the way of customization anymore so a place like Xotic PC is essential to get a computer with the upgrades you want in it. I have had zero issues with their work and that is on a system with most of its components upgraded. I will refer anyone who will be getting a new computer to Xotic PC in the future, as well as continue to give them my business!"

"Everything was outstanding! Have referred a number of folks their way (especially after the Lenovo fiasco that's headline news lately, I think more people than ever want to avoid the poor service and bloatware/spyware that comes with the mass-market laptops, and prefer something high-performance and customizable from Xotic PC). "

"First purchase was really good.. timely and fast shippment, as for this last order.. I Ordered a ASUS G751JT-CH71 Gaming laptop with few upgrades on december 21 2014 and just cancelled the order today feb 23 2015 since they could not complete the order as i placed it and refused to supplument the part with something as good or better without an xtra charge.. Last time I place order with them... "

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-28-2015

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. We offered this customer several options to switch to (regarding an incompatible hard drive), however the customer wanted something that is not even on the market. Please let us know how we can help get this straightened out and we would be happy to oblige!”

"Did a lot of online shopping for a new laptop. Really liked the layout of the XoticPC website and the user friendly shopping tools. Ended up buying a customized laptop from them due to their shopping tools, pricing and customization abilities. I could not have purchased the unit I got by going to a retail store. Good return/exchange policy as well. I ended up exchanging my customized unit for another customized unit. There was a little down time in between but it all worked out well in the end. I doubt there are many other establishments that would even take back a customized computer. Sales and support staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I will definitely be buying from them again."

"My experience with Xotic PC was nothing short of great. We ordered two pcs from them and they both arrived in very short order despite the customizations made, the turnaround time was very impressive. Contacting Xotic PC on the telephone was very easy and their staff was helpful and friendly. Overall I will give my business to Xotic PC again should the opportunity arise."

"I am super satisfied with the laptop i bought through xotic pc. The customer service was top notch. There was a problem with the payment process, as i recently moved to the United States and didn't have a valid credit card, but the customer service reps were super helpful and helped me with other options of payment that wouldn't cost as much. They were bang on with their schedule and delivered the laptop on time. They kept me informed through all the stages of the build and shipping.
Another brilliant thing about xotic is that their customer service team stays with you after you buy the laptop, even though they are just a reseller. The constantly inquire if you are facing troubles with the product and are willing to help if you are. Also they will suggest upgrades too and will probably price it cheaper than the other resellers.
I would definitely recommended xotic to any person looking to purchase a brilliant laptop for the right price.

"When I first ordered my new laptop from Xotic PC there was a slight customer service issue, but they went out of their way to correct the issue and I will absolutely return to them the next time I need a new laptop. "

"I found Xotic PC's customer service to be prompt, informative, and helpful. Their customization process was timely and they kept me updated at every step."

"Before shopping for a PC, I was interested in having a personalized laptop that was just as powerful as a desktop computer. I read some scary reviews for various other retailers but a many people pointed to Xotic PC as being the best in quality and customer service for PC purchases.

Upon first ordering I was partnered up with a service representative who kept me updated and helped me sort out my payment method as smoothly as possible as well as retain as high quality product as possible.

Later in the order processing when it came to customization I was contacted by representative of the custom graphics department who helped me optimize the graphic to highest quality for the finished product.

I was confident once I played my order that I would receive the package without damage to the product and that it would be the highest quality product available. I was not disappointed and would highly recommend this reseller to anyone interested in the highest quality customer service and product available.

"These guys have the best customer service of any computer company that I have dealt with. When my original choice of laptop sold out before it could be built they worked with me to find a better system at a comparable price. It was very refreshing to not have to wade through phone menus, long hold times and people who don't have command of the English language. I would recommend Xoticpc to anyone who wants a higher end laptop or gaming PC."

"Xotic PC had great turn around time from my order and emails telling me about the progress of my laptop being built along the way. Excellent Service!!"

"These guys are one of the best re-sellers out there. They provide excellent customer service and are very patient in helping others choose the right laptop for them. I'm very satisfied in my fairly recent purchase of my system. I also love the many different customization options you can have when purchasing your system. Overall, XOTIC PC is very reliable and I strongly recommend them if you're looking for a good gaming laptop."

"If you want to be lied to, bullied and have your private financial situation aired out on a public forum by one of their employees, then Xotic PC is for you!

*Update*
Tanner finally responded to me, I guess they really don't like bad reviews. I will post the entire reply at the end of this update but the line that really sticks out to me is this:

"The only thing on your order that I can see about refunding is your rush payment of $49 but my hands are tied if our review stands as posted."-Tanner

I will NOT be bullied or threatened by a company I supported as a PAYING customer. They are saying they will only refund half of what they originally promised if I change my review first. Not happening.

In reply to the Xotic PC response below, I did have a payment issue in the beginning because I wasn't aware that my bank has daily spending limits online as party of their fraud protection. I rectified this immediately by getting it lifted for a day. The only reason I ended up changing my payment is because the employees at xotic pc apparently stopped working that day to have their office Olympics and could not process an $1800 plus payment. When they tried the payment again, it was declined as they waited to long and thus I had to change my payment to a method that didn't have a spending limit. Tanner also posted on a public forum that I was having "payment issues" but that " MY machine" was in stock and just waiting for my payment to go through.

The entire email I received from Tanner:
Good afternoon! I am sorry I did not reply sooner to this as it somehow was flagged as spam, but we received your feedback on Resellerratings.com and wanted to see if there is anything I can personally do to affect our rating? I do apologies that there were delays in the accounting department that led to your order being delayed awaiting product:)

First of all, do you have any correspondence from Derek regarding a $99 refund? The only thing on your order that I can see about refunding is your rush payment of $49 but my hands are tied if our review stands as posted.

Original review:
I would have to rate Xotic PC as the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Tanner emailed me after my purchase to get a followup and I replied with a full account of my experience. He never even bothered to reply to me. My email is below.

"I love my new rig, but that has nothing to do with Xotic Pc. I have never had a worse experience with a company than I had with xotic pc. Derek was a nightmare to work with, lied to me and posted on a public forum that the reason it was taking so long to get my computer was that I was having issues paying for it when in fact I called my bank to increase my online spending limit for the day and you guys were too busy having your office olympics rather than take an $1800+ payment. Derek told me that my machine was in stock (before my payment) and then later said it was not in stock (after my payment went through) and that no company had it in stock, which was also a lie as I called several companies who all had that particular machine in stock. I decided to stick with Xotic Pc as I didn't want to wait for the refund and then have to start the process all over again somewhere new. I paid for a rush order, which was a joke. I chose that particular form of payment plus rush order because I wanted my computer ASAP and didn't want to wait for the cash payment to go through. In retrospect, I should have done the cash payment to get the 3% discount as well. After going through several emails and phone calls, Derek said I would get a $99 refund, which I never got, yet another lie from Derek. I tend to replace my rig every 12-18 months, but I will not ever be going through you guys again, and, in fact, will never recommend you to anyone else I know. The one thing I do love that you guys did was to plaster your name all over the background of my desktop so when people ask me about it I can give them a full account of what I went through, including showing them all the screenshots I have of the forum posts, and recommend they go elsewhere and stay as far away from XoticPc as possible!"

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-17-2015

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We have looked into the situation and found that there were issues with processing payment due to daily limits set by the customers bank. There were several communications to solve this issue and see that there were changes to the order 4 business days after the order was submitted regarding payment options. Unfortunately every time a change in payment options it does take longer to process the payment. The time it took to resolve this issue, unfortunately the laptop went out of stock with the manufacturer. As soon as it came back in stock we had this customer at the top of the list & had the machine built and shipped in 3 days. We apologize if this customer felt like this process was not quick enough. Depending on credit card companies and various other items this time can vary. Every order is worked on by one employee and not passed off to ensure these items are addressed immediately. If you have or had any concerns with the product itself please contact us and we will be sure to resolve.”

"XOTIC PC had wonderful customer service. They were very patient while I tried to find the perfect machine. I love my new laptop, and the turn around time for getting it was great. "

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,837 merchant members.