Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.41/10 9.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.8/10 8.8/10
2016-12-06

Satisfaying overall

"I encountered some issue updating drives and windows but solved under assistance of xotic support. Thank you Landon."

This review was modified by Paulnotpao on December 06 2016 11:03:36 AM

2016-12-06

Awesome prices and service!

""More than I thought i was going to get!"

Decided to try out XOTIC PC and am amazed!

Emily M, kept me up to date on each stage of the process and went above and beyond answering questions and providing me keys to my purchase when I forgot to comment about them during my checkout process...

She rocks!!!

I am now a lifetime member!

2016-12-05

Supurbe!!!

"Built laptop for work doing mainly for programming and photoshop when needed with a hint of gaming. Called multiple times and chatted with them with questions on different makes and models to insure laptop was future proof escpecally with the new M.2 Nvm technology quick response and professional patience with when I asked multiple time to insure we where on the correct page. Had boss order laptop but he screwed the order up and when I called to speak to them about the free items theybwher offeringnwith the purchase they quickly made adjustments for me to receive the items with no fuss and even was willing to do a change order for parts that didn't get selected for upgrades during selection!! Fast workntobgather and out laptop together and getting it shipped out! Then I also got a nice follow up from customer service about my experience with them thanks Emily!

This review was modified by Mysticspry on December 05 2016 10:02:38 AM

2016-12-05

Great Laptop

"Latop came as expected and performs well too! Loving my new laptop."

This review was modified by mjohn1358 on December 05 2016 08:44:42 AM

2016-12-04

After 5 years , still very satisfied.

"I first purchased my laptop from Xotic PC back in 2012. Great laptop, still running with no problems and I do not plan on getting a new one any time soon.

Knowing their great service I decided to gift my younger brother with a new laptop as well. I had not doubts whom to buy it from. Bought at the Cyber Monday and got a great deal, in less than a week the computer was ready and is now in the way to my place! Great company, great products.

Their technical support was able to help me out with my questions and concerns along the way.
Shoutout to Emily M. and Travis B.

2016-12-03

EXCELLENT PRICE AND TRANSPARENCY IN THE PROCESS

"THE PRICE MORE THAN FAIR AND THE TOTAL TRANSPARENCY AT THE STAGES OF THE ORDER MAKE THE EXPERIENCE BE VERY RELIABLE.

TRAVIS UPDATE ME EVERY STAGE CHANGE !!

I BECOME A LIFETIME COSTUMER.

2016-12-03

[Sager NP8153-S] A brief rundown from start to finish.

"First off, a little background information about myself;

I'm currently a undergraduate junior pursuing a degree in Computer Science, and had previously never owned a 'gaming laptop', or any sort of high-end PC, for that matter (every machine I've owned in the past has been one with an integrated graphics card (Intel HD, I'm looking at you *nudge nudge*) ). So when I met with a Bloomberg recruiter at a coding competition (dubbed "hackathons" in my area) and talked about the possibility of developing VR applications with their company's API, I became set on buying a laptop with a "high-end" graphics card.

Fast forward again to around mid-October; while balancing work and school, I am currently delving deeper in the Computer Graphics part of CS...and becoming increasingly frustrated by my current laptop's lack of power (It was an Acer E5-471-52TW). I come to a decision to actually bother purchasing a device capable of matching my needs. Given my countless hours browsing the interwebs and various techie videos on YouTube, I ultimately came down to a decision to buy a Sager NP-8153S (the 'S' variant comes with an m.2 ssd), from XoticPC. The decision for the model ultimately came down to me making an investment of sorts, and wanting the best "bang for buck", so to speak. Leaving the laptop model aside, I chose XoticPC simply because I had heard that they were reputed to have some pretty excellent service for the niche field (at least, to me) of providing custom laptops to customers. (My main driving point came from a post on one of those 'horrible experience with XoticPC' reddit posts that paraphrased to 'if XoticPC’s services were consistently as the OP implied, then how could they have stayed in business for so long').

Luckily, my doubts were proven wrong. Mid-October, I made the decision to order my laptop close to the evening on Friday evening, leaving a note asking if I could use my Amazon Prime to decrease delivery time. They got back to me on Tuesday afternoon, via a phone call (I had since realized that ordering the laptop on a Friday evening was a rather stupid mistake if I was to expect a quick response time, so this caught me by surprise). Since I was in a crowded bus at the time, I was unable to answer the call, and received an email from said caller (whose name was Elizabeth) requesting that I contact her again when I would be available for a call. As soon as I got to my stop, I emailed her back. She responded, and called within the hour. After a brief introduction and verification of my identity, she explained the reason for the call was to explain the details forgoing my request to use Amazon Prime's 2 day shipping (which I ultimately declined, deciding that it wasn't really worth the hassle). Additionally, she explained that the call served to verify that my shipping address differed from my billing address (which to me, though unnecessary, was very touching). I explained my living conditions and she told me that she would let her superior know / approve the request. The total call took about 20-25 minutes, during which she was very polite and professional.

The very next day, I received an email confirming that my order has been processed. The day after that, I received notification that my order went to Stage 2. And then, for the next 10 days or so, I heard nothing back. I looked around on a few online forums, and learned that it would probably take anywhere between 9-16 business days for a Sager order to ship, in spite of the automated email telling me to wait 3-7 business days from order processing to shipment (I learned that this was ultimately due to Sager being the bottleneck, as it was their product)
---
Wow, I really rambled here. ...Anyways, I finally got an email on 11/1 explaining that my shipment was now out for delivery and that it should arrive in 2-4 business days (I chose standard, UPS Ground shipping). On November 4th, I was notified that the product had been delivered (my University processed it quickly enough for me to receive it the same day). It came in a giant, sturdy SAGER box, along with my GoW4 product key.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my product, and with XoticPC's services in general. I bought a 3 year warranty in the rare chance that the product may fail (I'm a careful person, but college life can be...unpredictable at times), so if I don't respond in three years detailing my experience with their customer service / warranty stuff, then assume that all went well.

Order summary:

10/14 – Ordered, paid with Debit card
10/18 – Verification call
10/19 – Payment processed
10/20 – Order in Stage 2
11/01 – Order out for delivery (I live in NJ, so it’s pretty much a cross country delivery).
11/04 – Package arrived.
12/03 – Writing this review before I forget.

...Actually, just one small thing. It's pretty trivial, but I also asked for one of their WAVEZ headsets, but that appeared to have been forgotten. @anyone at Xotic: Can I still get one :D?

Would buy again!

"Great support team (Thumbs up for Jake!).. Great prices (Couldn't find my laptop cheaper anywhere else).. Great customization options. They do take long but i would prefer to receive a fully functioned item than a rushed one. To be honest, i haven't received my item yet so i'm just reviewing my experience so far. "

Great Service As Always

"I've ordered from xoticpc several times and have always experienced great service. Recently I had to get some support and I received help from Landon. Very professional, polite, and quick with responses. I would highly recommend xoticpc for anyone looking for specialized gaming PCs."

This review was modified by nansenlin512 on December 02 2016 02:24:19 PM

2016-12-02

Gaming Laptop Of a Lifetime!

"Let me start off by saying before I bought from Xotic PC I have had a total of 3 laptops and 2 desktops. None of them cost more than $400 because I never saw a need for anything fancy. I no longer have time to sit and play games on console and I needed something portable. I did a lot of digging and searching and found tons of sites but Xotic PC was recommended to me by my best friend. I looked around their websites. Customized a few different PC's but couldn't bring myself to buy a laptop that cost so much. I knew it could do everything I needed, but the price was high. I started looking around and found out that the same thing I was gonna get from Xotic was about $200+ more on other websites I was considering. It took me two months before I finally said "F it, my laptop is BSOD every few hours and the charging cable is messed up." I pulled the trigger and my bank account threw it's middle finger up at me. I am now a proud owner of a MSI GE72 APACHE PRO-003
This was one of the best purchases I have made in a LONG time. The computer is fantastic and quiet. It runs like a beast but purrs like a cat. Customer service is the best I have EVER experienced and I would highly recommend everyone to check out the company. I had a issue with my order and laptop, so I contacted sales and someone by the name of "Danielle" helped me fix the issues within minutes! Kind and friendly just like everyone else I have dealt with at Xotic PC. If you have any questions before you buy a PC from them all you have to do is message them in their LIVE CHAT! I got my computer very quickly. They test everything before shipping it to you and this adds another level of trust in my opinion. All in all they are a fantastic company that I will be doing business with again.

Great Service

"They kept me informed throughout the process of building my computer, and it arrived on-time just as they promised. So far I like the product and am using it to game quite happily."

Great and friendly service

"Xotic PC was informative and helpful every step of the way, even when the order was unfortunately delayed (through no fault of their own!).
I had a grin plastered to my face when I opened the box to find they had nicely gift wrapped, complete with bow and a "Happy Holidays" card. They even put in a cookie at the bottom!
Definitely earned a repeat customer in me, and I highly recommend them to anybody looking to buy a computer.

MSI GE62VR

"Decided to spend some money on a new laptop after 7 years. I was referred by a friend who has dealt with them before and has had nothing but awesome service.
Prices are dent with great customization and great customer service. I received emails daily with updates regarding the builds progress.
Shipping is great as I received mine in only 1 week, but the more you customize it the more time it will take to build.

Thanks to Landon from XoticPC for reaching out to me to see if everything checked out fine.

2016-12-01

Exactly as advertised, did not expect drivers to come on CD

"This review was written for Emily from Xotic PC. I am being remunerated for this review.

I was really excited to get my laptop. I talked to the sales people. I was worried that being a custom built laptop their delivery estimate would be off, but they said all the parts were in place and it would take about two weeks. I picked my parts and indeed, it took two weeks. Previously I had issues with the speakers from ONKYO, there are no issues yet for these speakers.

They assured me that adding RAM wouldn't void my warrenty. I have not needed to upgrade my RAM.

I did not expect the device drivers to come on a CD. as the laptop does not have a CD/DVD drive. Thankfully I have an external one, and installed it without incident.

It took some googling to install my OS with UFEI enabled. I expected that though, as I installed my own OS copy.

I am very happy with my purchase. They were VERY easy to get ahold of and explained what was happening clearly.

Payment was easy, and verification was easy too. It would have been nice to know the call was coming, but it was also easy to authenticate them. It did not affect my shopping experience as it was a large purchase.

This review was modified by ScubaAndScba on December 01 2016 04:14:59 PM

Amazing service

"The staff were very professional and helpful. Patrick helped ensure that my order was received on the tight deadline that I had and it arrived exactly as expected. I'm still loving the laptop!"

This review was modified by Bweyer on December 01 2016 03:44:11 PM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.