Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.13/10 9.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.60/10 9.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.46/10 8.46/10

What is this?

"Had a great experience purchasing from Xotic PC. Plan to shop there again when I am in the market from my next PC and have already referred my friends there."

"I needed a high-end workstation type laptop for work and researched multiple vendors. I picked Xotic PC because I liked their selection. When I received the laptop there were some weird issues that I encountered. Xotic PC's support was fantastic and after some troubleshooting the issue was resolved (it was a bad peripheral cable). What I liked most was that they were so friendly and professional. I ended up buying another high end laptop from them 4 weeks later. And I couldn't find anyone else who could provide a lower price for the high end components I was looking for. They have my business for life!"

"Got exactly what I intended to pay for.

My ASUS had just come back broken from it's 3rd RMA. Money was wasted, nothing was getting fixed, and I was done with the whole ordeal.

After searching I heard about Xotic and their custom builds. I needed something powerful enough to support my work requirements, and their options all fit the bill.

I ended up with a great laptop that chews through anything I throw at it when doing work (graphics programming), AND it plays expensive games at top settings. Great.

I haven't had any issues, and Xotic has been in contact with me to check and see if I'm still enjoying my purchase (which I am).

I've got no complaints. My next laptop will almost certainly be another Xotic.

"It is within my pleasure to report that my experience with XoticPC has been one, if not the most, pleasurable purchase experiences I have ever made. The laptop I had received has performed amazingly and has exceed my expectations in preformance! Furthermore, the interactions I have had with the people of XoticPC, have been astounding! "

"Xotic were awesome! Great value, lots of customization options, incredible customer service, and they back their products. They kept me posted while waiting for Sager to ship more laptops and helped get my order shipped quickly before I moved. 10/10"

"Very much enjoying my laptop 4 months after receiving it. Everything was exactly as I ordered it, down to the smallest detail. From start to finish, this was by far my best custom order experience for any machine - desktop or laptop - since I got into PCs and PC gaming in 1998. I'm delighted to have discovered XOTICPC and hope to order a new machine from Xotic PC in the future. I also appreciated the extra attention - follow up emails etc, that were spaced out enough to never feel like I was being hounded. This is a rare company really trying to set themselves apart by giving their customers exactly what they want."

"I've nothing but praise for this company - especially their communication skills. If you want prompt service with accurate results, this is the place. But first let's mention the fact that they had exactly the product that I wanted, even when the manufacturer themselves stopped selling it. I even emailed them to verify, to which they responded with a picture of the laptop in question. From there, they handled payment in a way that made me feel secure. They checked in at every step of the process, with an email address I could respond to and get an actual person. They accommodated my requests along the way in an agile manner, and even sent another picture of the laptop. Honestly, it felt like a luxury experience. Even the check-in email six months after the purchase comes across as an honest company trying to improve their service."

"I ordered a Sager laptop from Xotic PC and I am pleased with the service and quality of the product. Since the laptop was custom, I was given an estimated arrival date upon ordering. Their website also allows you track the progress. My questions were answered quickly knowledgeably. Lastly, my laptop arrived early."

"Consumer BEWARE!
XOTIC PC is buying thier computers from Newegg and other public accessible vendors then selling them to you! Why buy from them? Take your chances. There are other reviews on other sites that explain Xotic PC's failed warranty services as well as failed shipping unless you buy their extra packaging!
This company is high-priced and has no integrity.
I had bought a computer that was not even available, but was posted as available. The seller opted to use their own bank and not Pay-pal causing my refund to be held up The Operations Manager lied and said he refunded my money through Pay-pal. There are two options he had one was using their pay-pal balance or using their pay-pal bank account they chose their bank "knowing" it takes longer to refund the money. Do your sell a favor choose another custom computer maker!! Also I chose 1 star and it gave them 4 stars...go figure " Participating Member" ???

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-15-2014

xoticpc, Xotic PC rep has responded

“We are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately certain models need to be advertised as “Limited Availability” (as listed on this customers order) because we get very little supply from the manufacturer. We are sorry this customer became upset because of this availability and ultimate delay that was advertised. This customer expressed his concern outside of business hours on a Saturday afternoon and by Saturday evening the Pay Pal refund was executed how all Pay Pal refunds are processed (which the buyer was fully aware of Pay Pal's processing time). We try to help in anyway we can, even if it is outside of business hours. We humbly apologize for the frustration of the item not being available.”

"Xotic PC is professional, thorough, and meticlious when it comes to building your dream machine. I have made 3 separate purchases with them and have been more than satisfied each and every time. They send you an update every step of the way. Every company sould take the time to conduct business as Xotic PC does. Xotic PC also ensures your method of payment is not used fraudulently by someone else, almost couldn't buy my first laptop from them until I verified more information for them. Xotic PC is by far the best custom PC company out there, I dare others to try and compare. "

"My system arrived in a very timely manner, and has gotten a great deal of use. I love everything about it, from it's overall design to how well it functions; it was money well spent. Also, the customer service we received while going through the purchasing process was excellent. We had to make a few modifications to the original order and the people we worked with helped us every step of the way. Shortly after I received it, my mother-in-law bought a similar system from XOTIC PC for herself, and she is also thrilled with her purchase. When it comes time to purchase a new computer, we will most definitely take XOTIC PC into consideration."

"**** UPDATE ****
After I posted here, Josh from XOTIC-PC contacted me with regards to the issue. XOTIC-PC is refunding me 1546.45 USD. This is the cost of the laptop. I am satisfied with this settlement, although it leaves me 100$ in the hole due to the wire transfer fees and the cost of shipping back the return.

Thanks Josh for stepping up and doing the right thing.
***************

I recently placed an order for a Sager/Clevo laptop from Sager NP8278-S (Clevo P170SM-A) from XOTIC-PC. I decided to take advantage of the cash discount they were offering on the site by deciding to do a wire transfer. The order placed on 08/04 and shipped on 08/15 I received it on 08/21. My grand total including all costs 1546.45 + 30$ (Wire transfer fee)
Out of the box the laptop had multiple issues. The touchpad was smooth in some places and scratchy in other places and was very unresponsive and flakey. This however was not the biggest problem, the laptop would randomly turn off while being used on battery power, despite being fully charged. After multiple attempts to reach XOTIC-PC support I managed to have email conversations and eventually a phone conversation with their customer support. They had me remove and connect back the battery pack and none of this seemed to fix the problem. They asked me to ship it in for a "repair". However I expressed interest in having a refund, as the problem with the touchpad and the battery issue on a new laptop did not inspire confidence in the product. This was the start of my nightmare experience.
XOTIC PC would not cover shipping of the laptop back to them. Despite buying my laptop from XOTIC-PC, they seem to defer to Sager policies for returns and or any questions. The cost of Shipping and Insurance which they insist on was (60 USD)
Since my laptop was shipped to XOTIC-PC location from Sager, to avoid California costs, they would not cover the cost of shipping from Sager to XOTIC-PC, Also other costs for any additional services such as Expedited Shipping was all dumped on me. Total loss here was ( 97 USD)
Cost of original wire transfer (30 USD)
They want to deduct a further 43 USD cost to wire transferring me money back to me. (43 USD)
A grand loss of 233 USD and no working laptop. I am loosing 200+ dollars for no fault of mine and for doing business with XOTIC-PC. Between the manufacturer and the reseller, they need to take responsibility when a product is faulty and the customer is not satisfied with the product. Not nickel and dime the customer for every thing. That is the cost of doing business.
XOTIC-PC does not take responsibility as a reseller and resorts to being a go-between Sager and the customer once a faulty product is encountered. They completely wash their hands of all responsibilities and pass on every cost down to the customer. Returns, Shipping, Wire transfers fees to send your refund back, Service fees etc etc..
I tried my best to work with them even offering to work on a repair if my warranty was extended, as there is further fine print stating that if the the laptop is not returned within 30 days of shipping I would be charged a further 15$ restocking fee. This considering the order took 5 days from shipping to arrive at my place.
If you really want to buy a Sager laptop, buy it directly from Sager they have a site and sell directly. I rather interact directly with the manufacturer rather than have an unhelpful middle man, who just extorts the customer for every penny when a transaction fails.
Avoid this nightmare, there are other legitimate sellers out there, who will take responsibility when a product is bad.

"Xotic PC is great! I had never bought a custom laptop before, and they made it extremely easy. Everything was labeled clearly and I could see how much it totaled up to as I was choosing. Extremely simple and easy to use.

Their customer service is A+ as well. I was constantly updated as progress was made to my order. They even contacted me to make sure I wanted to exclude certain parts that would mean the laptop wouldn't run like most prebought computers. For example I got Windows 7 through my university so I excluded it from my order.

Definitely recommended.

"Picked up an MSI GT70 "Dominator". I spent several months "researching" (coveting would be more accurate) a new laptop. I had a big ol' spreadsheet of price and config comparisons made up.. and for what I wanted, and what was being offered, It kept looking like Xotic was going to be the one.
Using the website to run through the config was easy peasy. I got a call back a day or so later from Kat (who is made of awesome!), to confirm my order details (and happily put up with me being that customer that couldn't remember 2 things in a conversation.. I had my derpy customer hat on that day)
The occasional canned email update to keep me in the know about status was nice. Build time took on the longer end of the quoted time, but was definitely within the timeline quoted (The splurge on "rush production was worth the cost. This was one toy I was very eager to get!!).

I'm happy with my order and was extremely satisfied with the customer service side of this deal. While I hope this laptop lasts a few years, I do look forward to dealing with them again in the future. (Look.. I hate writing reviews, and here I am). :-)

"Extremely satisfied with my purchase. The PC performed as well as expected and is monster fast! I primarily use it for (DAW) recording software and have had issues with previous computers because it uses an enormous amount of CPU. The PC I purchased with it's design barely clocks at all. Everyone I was originally talking to kept pushing toward MAC, but the cost was way out of my budget. The customer service folks at Xotic PC helped me design the system I needed within the budget I had and shows they really know what they are doing as a result. I feel like I got the best option available without breaking the bank and I am not pigeon holed into using MAC. I will back in a few years for the next generation."

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,864 merchant members.