• Address: 11321 White Rock Road Rancho Cordova, CA 95667
    • Contact: support@x-tremegeek.com
    • Phone: 800-480-4335
    • Customer Support: 916-631-9000
    • Business Hours: Open 24 hours a day.
    • Fax: 916-858-1009

• checkmark icon COD

"Just like many others placed an order for the LaCrosse BC-700 battery charger when it was on special. It was marked as in-stock and was so listed for hours after my order. The next day got an email that the order was canceled since the manufacturer discontinued the product. Funny, since Amazon seems to have plenty of them. Sounds to me like a bait-and-switch operation."

"Canceled my order without even emailing me or notifying me in ANY way. VERY unprofessional. Will never deal with them again. "

"I ordered a battery charger and got cancellation emails that the charger is discontinued. But it is a plain lie. The charger is a new model (BC-700) from La Crosse. If they don't want to sell it at their advertised price, just say it. Very disappointing and unsatisfactory experience with them."

"Bait and switch company.
Item was available when I placed the order, received email confirmation, but nothing after that.
Their Web site shows my order was canceled.

"Placed an order for 2 items, listed as "in stock" at the time of my order. Received e-mail confirmation of my order. Seller subsequently placed my order on "backorder," also drastically increasing the price of the item on the website, but then cancelled my order for the following reason:

"The manufacturer has also decided to discontinue production of this product making re-ordering unlikely. As a result, we will have to remove this item from your order."

That statement is false; the La Crosse BC-700 battery charger I ordered is that manufacturer's current model and has not been discontinued. In fact, the seller's website still lists this item for sale and only "temporarily sold out." The fact is, this seller lied instead of facing up to the fact that it picked a price point for this item that apparently was not profitable.

I probably would not have written this review if the seller had been truthful about what might have been a "misprice" -- but I cannot stand dishonest merchants.

I will never place another order with this seller and I urge any reader to carefully consider whether you want to -- there are plenty of *reputable* e-tailers available with competitive prices.

modified review This review was modified by Dah-Dee on December 04 2008 01:20:17 PM

"Placed order at 8AM CST, Dec 2nd 2008 for IN STOCK item. Got email confirmation from Customercare@x-tremegeek.com same day.
Got a backorder email from Customercare@efilliate.com same day and I quote, "While we continually strive to exceed the needs of our customers,
we did not anticipate the overwhelming demand of the item(s) listed
above; however, we expect the item in shortly and will ship it out
to you as soon as possible at no additional shipping charge. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We value your
business and want to thank you again for being a loyal customer."

Received cancellation email from customercare@x-tremegeek.com today Dec 4th stating the manufacturer has discontinued the product. This is not true. I would not trust this company. And will not order form them again.

modified review This review was modified by the1percent on December 04 2008 10:19:30 AM

Silicon Valley

"Ordered a battery charger early in the morning. Web site said IN STOCK. Got an e-mail confirmation.

Late that night got a backorder e-mail.

Next day got an out of stock and can't be reordered.

Guess it's a scheme to get e-mail addresses. Canceled my Virtual CC number used to order.

Recommend that you be very cautious dealing with this disorganized merchant!

"Avoid Avoid!
I ordered a LaCrosse BC-700 battery charger from the store, then...

1st day: Got an order confirmation on the first day.

2nd day: Got a backorder email (from another email address) stating it will be shipped later.

3rd day: Got this:
"Thank you for placing your order with Penny Saver (Deal of the Day) and X-tremegeek.com. Unfortunately, our inventory of the item below has completely sold out. The manufacturer has also decided to discontinue production of this product making re-ordering unlikely. As a result, we will have to remove this item from your order."

BC-700 is being discontinued by LaCrosse? You gotta be kidding.

Notice that I'm NOT the only customer who got the same experience.

modified review This review was modified by BB88 on December 04 2008 06:31:59 AM

"Does the order fulfillment through efilliate.com. Ordered an item on sale, only to be updated as Backordered later and then the price was reverted to original price without any confirmation from my side. Poor ordering system and inventory control. Pure bait n switch tactics. Will never shop again !!! Beware !!"

"Total bait and switch store. They advertised a La Crosse battery charger for a great price and then canceled just about everyone's orders. They gave various excuses to different people including, price mistake, out of stock, out of production. If you don't have enough stock and can't get any more then cut off the orders when your stock is exhausted. I'll never shop there again."

"I ordered Alpha Power Battery Charger,
2 days later got a email said order canceled due manufacture discontinue product (which isn't true). Instead of telling the truth

"Ordered Alpha Power Battery Charger, customer service said back order until mid December.
Price is too good to be truth $8 vs $32 on Amazon. most likely prize mistake.
2 days later got a email said order canceled due manufacture discontinue product. Instead of tell the true, price mistake. Offer a 10% off code valid only for 5 days. Earn a spot on my DO NOT BUY list.

"Awesome customer service! I ordered a few items and one of them came DOA. I contacted X-tremeGeek's Customer Service via e-mail to notify them of what I should do. I was suprised that someone actually replied to my message ASAP! I explained in detail the problem, and in a few days they shipped out a new item (which arrived in working order). Thanks X-tremeGeek!"

"The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies to this company. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to pick up some inexpensive adapters and add-on's for video game systems from this merchant to accompany Christmas gifts. Well, the items this company sells are of extremely poor quality and don't work properly or at all.

Examples: Xbox RF unit - cables are PAL (European) not NSTC
Gameboy Advance SP headphones - headphones work, but sound still comes from unit speaker. What's the point if everyone else can still hear it. I am too afraid to use the Gameboy car adapter for fear of frying the Gameboy.

Customer Service to provide a refund for the Xbox RF unit though.

Pay a little more somewhere else and get a working product!

"The website said that they did have the product in stock yet I got an email soon after ordering letting me know that they were out. I called and they told me that a shipment should be arriving last Friday which was fine. When I received the package it only had one of the 2 identical toys. This is a Christmas present for my nephews and I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to have something for each of them. I'll try to update this when I get a hold of somebody, which I havn't been able to do yet.

Update: They replied back to me later that night and appologized for the mix up and told me they were overnighting the missing item.

modified review This review was modified by BodhiSD on December 16 2005 07:22:55 AM

X-treme Geek is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

X-treme Geek is not a merchant member
X-treme Geek does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!