X10 / X10 Wireless Technology Reviews - page 8 - x10.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 369 reviews

X10 / X10 Wireless Technology is not a merchant member
X10 / X10 Wireless Technology does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I made a BIG mistake ordering the Robotic Camera Wireless Remote surveillance kit. They sent the wrong camera, then I talked to Claudia who said she would send me a RMA right away, didn't get one. Called again and talked to Mandy, got the RMA and a new link for the software because software doesn't load. Then called again and talked to Meia - she tried to help me get the software going, no such luck. Said a tech support person would call, no call. Called again and talked to Zack, he was very cold and did not respond to my complaints. Said he hears it all day long and couldn't care less. I wish I had known that prior to all this! Claudia had said the shipping label would be provided, but in the end, I had to pay to return their items that they sent in error. BIG headache, now let's see if they give me my $129.98 back! Doubt it!"

"29 Oct
Today I received my box from of X10 goodies and all is perfect. Although at first I thought X10 forgot my software, but I called and got Brett A. within 15 seconds of the phone ringing and he e-mailed me my link. Got into bed five minutes later with my laptop and whammo! The link is here for my downloadable software. Great job Brett A. and X10. Great service and product. After my initial set-up, I'll be buying more X10 for expansion.

"I have been a customer of X10 for many years and generally have experienced GOOD assistance with the numerous items purchased requiring help. Unfortunately, my most recent purchase the "Vanguard" remote security system has proven to be a disaster and assistance has been no existent. As of this moment, I have sent numerous E-Mail requests for comments etc. and have not receives so much as a single comment or reply. In addition, I have called for assistance with assurance a return call would follow but non has. I remain confused with this behavior since it has not been my experience in the past. Could it be that the "Vanguard" program is not reliable and the remote surveillance process is not dependable? Should that be the case, simply state that so I can move in an alternative direction for the surveillance protection I require.
Thanks Bob Morton

"Lola A/V Sender, software, and media remote, AND two other items as a part of this special deal were offered for $49.99. This was ordered from an X10 web page on Wednesday morning, October 1, at 8:53 a.m. Lola, software (by email), and media remote arrived Saturday, October 4. The two additional items included in the special web page deal did not arrive. Called customer service and was told by Natalie there were not additional items included in what I ordered. Of course the web page offer showing what was supposed to be included is no longer available. If I remember correctly, one of the free additional items was to be a plug in module with antenna to receive X10 commands. Cannot remember what the other item was. I do remember the web page offer page listed the total cost of the items included in the offer and it was about $219. It appears X10 entices customers to order something with promises of additional free items and fails to fulfill an order, denying additional items were ever offered, with no way for a customer to prove they were since the special deal web page is cyber-history. Of course we all know they could produce the original special deal web page but then they would have to admit someone lied! Goodbye X10."

modified review This review was modified by ed32404 on October 07 2008 07:59:44 AM

"Bad experience. Home Automation system came right away. First, I was not given the $15 credit I was to receive. Had to e-mail for that. Then I was not given the link for software. Had to call for that. Then I was not given registration code to make software work. Had to call for that. Product was to come with 2 year warranty but I only received one. When I called I was told not to worry because it was really 2 years. Still trying to figure that out.
Installed product with numerous problems. When you order, nowhere does it warn of line noise or phasing problems. I had a module that didn't work. I called and was told I needed to order a filter to eliminate line noise and that an electrician would have to install. I called back and asked to return and was asked if I wanted to troubleshoot. I explained that I didn't want to order filter and was told I didn't really need to but rather could be a transiever which would solve the problem. I then had one module installed and the switch hummed. No one knew what that was the case. Then I could turn lights off through the computer but could not get the computer timer to work. I recieved "hmmm..." over and over but no ideas as to what the problem was. I easily spent 15 hours on this if not more. I have officially given up and will return the system. Never again for me!

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered a three camera system (Low Light B/W, Color, & Wide Angle Color cameras) along with a four camera Ninja Pan & Tilt system. I already had a three B/W camera system that works fairly well when the mysterious interference that intermittantly plagues the system is quiet. (I wonder if the interference might be the X-10 wireless motion detectors on my security system, as I don't have a wireless router or cordless phone.) The Ninja bases came with a remote controller that had a glaring design flaw. That being the inability to turn off the active camera when changing from one "group" of four cameras to another "group". There is no "Off" button on the remote. The old camera remote had "On" and "Off" buttons for this very reason. Only one camera can be active(broadcasting) at a time.

Customer support seemed surprised by this and even tried to claim that the Ninja wasn't intended to control more than one "group" of cameras; however, the manual very clearly describes the procedure to change groups. The Tech support guy who later called about the problem seemed unconcerned that the remote won't work as stated in the manual and eventually suggested that I use both remotes. I don't know why the designers failed to include "Auto Off" in changing groups, as they did so when changing cameras within the group. I returned the cameras and the Ninja bases.

Regarding quality and failure rates, I could never get the low light B/W or the color camera to focus well enough to read numbers on a license plate at about twenty feet, although the wide angle color camera was better. All three cameras, including the "Low Light B/W", were useless in low light conditions, that is, at dusk and later with street and security lights on in the parking lot. Glare from the sun reflecting off any curved surface (windows, bumpers, or car roof) was problematic. One of the Ninja bases died the second day. It could braodcast the picture but could not Pan & Tilt.
I have quite a few X-10 products and they work well (under ideal conditions) considering that X-10 seems to be a marketing company, as evidenced by the lack of any real specifications for their products.

"I accedently mis spelled my email address Claudia at X10 made sure it was corrected! Cheers to Claudia and X10,Happy to help, easy to hear,and was not in any way shape of form rushing the call. I'm anxious to recieve my new camera system an exelant investment for anyone sick of being paranoid by wierd neighbors bent on stealing,or Huliguns that dance in flowerbeds!
I'll buy accesories thru Claudia any time!Stacey of Spokane Wa

Rating 8/104/5

"This is a review, not of an X10 product, but of the superb Tech Support I received from the folks at X10 who worked with me and tried their best to help me get an X10 Remote to work with my PC, whose video card was apparently incompatible with X10. I worked with four different Techs, each of whom responded very promptly to my e-mails and gave me a several ideas as to how I might resolve my problem. And they literally never gave up. I'm sure they would have continued replying to me with more suggestions as long as I kept writing them. It was only when I myself felt that nothing more could be done to resolve the issue that I decided to "throw in the towel". And as soon as I did, one of them readily agreed to facilitate the return of their product so I could obtain a refund. I can't speak too highly of the Technical Support I received from X10, for which the Techs I worked with earned and deserve the highest praise and grades of A+ or five stars out of five. I'm grateful to each of them for all their efforts."

"I ordered 2 video senders and they were shipped promptly there was no software in the packages but the instruction booklet mentioned I had to download from the x10 site something about being sent an e-mail after the order was processed which did not happen I tried by entering my e-mail address and invoice number as was required but the link didn't work apparently I called customer support and after a lot of elevator music i was finally talking with a lady I did not get a name but she assured me she would send me the e-mail I waited 2 hours and it never came although I did go into my e-mail server to check that it wasn't caught by their spam blocker I finally sent an e-mail to customer support and recieved software thanks to Claudia she is super in my book admittedly towards the end I was having difficulty with my ISP but all is well now I hope this thing works now but if not we'll figure it out I'm sure I have bought your products in the past such as electrical pass through outlets and controllers and a curtain or blind motor and radio controller and I am just happier than a bullfrog on a lilypad again thanks Claudia"

"Ordered online and received hardware as scheduled. Had some difficulty with the VA11A USB Video Capture unit but placed call to Customer Service and Amanda H. solved the problem within minutes of the call. A wonderful experience with Customer Service thanks to Amanda. Will continue setting up equipment. "

Rating 4/102/5

"MouseRemote works, the Media Remote Control Software does not. It acts as if it installs but then just gives one option: EXIT. I have Windows XP Svc Pk 3. Had to use a third party piece of software I found doing a search on the X10 website in order to configure the MouseRemote. The manual for the MouseRemote describes the setup for only using the Media Remote Control software. The Showtime software works great as I told the customer support person, but they sent me instructions on installing that again instead of what I asked for. "

You know the saying - if it is too good to be trus ... The system arrived quickly ( good) . The software would not down load. I had to call - they knew and sent via email new software. It installed but would not run. Called and found out it will not work with Vista.

Have been trying to return it ( bought it 4 ays ago) struggeling to get an RMA number. Keep getting the shuffel.

I strongly recommend you don't go near this product or company.

"I will have to say that trying to make contact Customer Support may sometimes take a bit of time but so far, all representatives I have dealt with have been very friendly, patient, and have not been "Rude" with me so far. They all handled themselves professionally and treated me with respect which to me it is of utmost important to me. Thank you Brett, Claudia and there is another gentleman I spoke with today and forgot to get his name, but you know who you are and so I just wanted to say Thank you for treating my in a courteous manner. For those who claims they were treated rudely, with all due respects, but people are treated based on how you treat others. If you treat Customer Support reps rudely, then expect to be treated rudely. Treat others the way you expect to be treated.
:-)

"Absolutely the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Why? Because of one Tech Representative named Eric Boyd. I Bought the Lola system which is a device to transmit movies and music from your PC to your TV. It Lola device consists of a transmitter, a receiver a remote control and software to make it all work. I got everything but the software. The instruction manual said to download the software and authorization key online from the X10 website. Eric Boyd would NOT let me download the software. I told Boyd that the manual said to install the software before plugging the transmitter into the PC. Boyd told me I didnt need the software. He said the Lola device would work fine without it. I told Boyd that the remote would not work without the software installed. Boyd agreed. He told me the remote would be useless to me. Boyd then told me that I did not buy the software and would not get the software. another X10 employee eventually sent me the software but the activation code would not work. It didn't work because the code had not been put into the X10 server. I asked Boyd to help me with activation. Boyd to ld me I would NEVER be able to activate the software. I placed several calls to the President of X10. He would not return my calls. I dout if he even got my messages. Eric Boyd is the worst customer Service and Technical Support person I have ever dealt with. IF HE WORKED FOR MY COMPANY I WOULD FIRE HIM ON THE SPOT! X10 has great products, everything else about the company is TERRIBLE. DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM X10. "

Rating 8/104/5

"Great service and fast delivery,very good packing and excellent customer service from Claudia D, thank you Claudia."