Stores > Woot!

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Woot! by clicking a star below.
2015-12-22

"If i could give Woot NO stars I would. I have been a long time Wooter and have had it up to here with their non existent customer service. I was livid after I bought a 10 Inch HP android Tablet 2 HP 14 inch Chromebooks for my kids for Christmas and I snapped up an HP 8 Inch WIndows Tablet last week. The Unit arrived non functioning whereas the touchscreen worked and the unit when trying to boot to Windows would not work properly. I then tried unsuccessfully via emails, nasty posts on their Facebook page on almost every post they did i posted the same reply, still no response. I did this about 10 times then I get a response to PM this guy from Woot and even after that he did not respond back today like he said he would. I then went on Data.com and got a whole bunch of names at Woot and emailed them the same email asking for help. Finally today I get a response we will refund your money..>Really?? I asked for a replacement unit. So they immediately refunded me and send me the return label I will say they wont get my return until it hits my charge card, if i return it at all still very angry it was a Christmas gift. I spent time calling the drop shipper company they wouldn't take responsibility for it nor would Amazon even though its their company. So no calls a lot of responsibility passed off on everyone. Will never deal with these guys again unless its something that is not electronics. Stay away...what a hassle!"

2015-12-10

"I have been purchasing from Woot since 2007, averaging a thousand dollars a year if not more. Since they were bought out by Amazon, their customer service has gone way down hill and their prices no longer competitive. Should I find something with a good price (compared to other stores), it usually means that the product is no good. Two days ago, I wrote to them to ask for an RMA for a defective item (Linksys router) and received an email to tell me to go get it exchanged with the manufacturer. I had specifically asked them to give me an RMA because the item is not working but the email that I received (from Swapna) ignored my request entirely. I will not be purchasing there again. I will also be reporting them to BBB and my credit card. "

2015-10-31

"This is an identical problem to another posting, and I have had the same problem. Over the past 5 years I have used Woot many times, and was pleased with the products, prices and delivery service. Over the past 4 months I have had orders denied five (5) times. In each instance i received an website notification that my order was accepted, and e-mail from Woot with an order confirmation AND an e-mail from MY credit card company that they approved the credit card transaction. Each time I was NOT notified at all and only learned that my order was denied when I went to the Woot website to check on my order. Truly a major disappointment since they were purchased by Amazon. Do not order from them if you need the product!"

2015-10-13

"I have been a Woot customer for years. I was happy with great prices and just recently needed to return a couple of jackets because they were much smaller than the sizing chart indicated. I was told that they don't accept returns. Now I mark all their email as spam because I don't want to be tempted to buy from them."

2015-09-23

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.........I purchased chair covers and after someone else told me how cheap they were I Sent mine back. Their instructions said they take returns only if unopened and return to sender written on the package..I did just that and...They told me they will not send me a refund or the merchandise back... don't waste your money on this unethical cheap company.. Never trust any company that refuses to issue refunds.

2015-09-17

"I used to get great deals from Woot and spent MANY thousands of dollars with them. Since they hooked up with Amazon prices have come up on many items and quality has gone down.

Customer service doesn't care if you don't receive an order from one of their drop shippers. Lucky to get an email or message back and it's NEVER handled properly. Not the way it used to be.

I use them gingerly now, very gingerly. Dyson product prices are excellent. Other than that search the item and check prices elsewhere.

2015-09-04

"I bought a lot of stuff in the past and felt it was better than amazon.com market place and ebay. Not anymore! This time, I bought a factory refurbished laptop for over $438 but received a seriously worn-out used, decolorized one along with a heavy aftermarket AC adapter. In no where in their description mentioned the condition. To return it, it was a headache; they will not refund if you do not keep on writing to them. Amazon's a-to-z guarantee was also not helpful; they said they could locate the order and asked me to call woot.com. So be prepared for all these mess if you use woot.com further. This store should be closed like 1sale, and the customer will be better off with individual sellers on eBay or marketplace."

2015-08-07

"Adirondack chairs actually just a pile of scrap wood

Recently, I ordered two Adirondack chairs from Woot. Total was about $130.00. Ad claimed they were made of cypress. Turns out they were sloppily stained soft pine. The hardware was very cheap. Screw heads disintegrated as they were turned. Chairs came partially assembled. Quality was so poor that the factory assembies pulled apart with ease. Screws pulled right out of the wood. I didn't get as far as actually sitting on them. Had I tried, I believe they would have collapsed into a pile of scrap. I complained to Woot in a detailed email. Twenty four hours later, they wrote back and asked for a detailed description of the problem. They said that once they received the email and some photos they would decide if they would help. I'm just going to charge back the order with the credit card company. I'm done with them for good.

2015-07-27

"I have repeatedly tried to purchase items on Woot, but all of my orders are denied, no reason given, just denied. I contact Customer Support, and am told that some of my information is not correct. They can't tell me what information, just that something is wrong with my information. I very carefully went over all of my personal and credit card info, and cannot for the life of me, figure out what is wrong. I have never had any issues with other e-tailers, and I purchase alot on the web. There customer support is worthless."

2015-06-26

"Woot's warranty is 21 days, period. Can you live with that?

We bought a "refurbished" Sony mirrorless camera. The lens (the expensive part) failed (camera won't recognize it) in 80 days during our European vacation. Camera wasn't in that good of condition when received anyway - not refurbished, just worn, with a dirty sensor.

Amazon owns Woot; I like Amazon, but now I think Woot is just how Amazon dumps their (easy) returns. I would have been better off buying new at retail locally, with a real warranty. Woot promotes itself as being cool, funny, and hip, but really it's just a ripoff. I recommend you stay away; I know I am.

2015-06-08

"I used to be a fan of Woot!, however, their customer service has gone downhill.

I ordered a cable modem by mistake and immediately cancelled my order, per their instructions. (04/23). The ordered showed as cancelled on their site. However, after two weeks of no refund, I attempted to contact customer service three separate times with zero response.

I resorted to posting on their comment boards to get their attention. It was suggested (by their admin) that I put in yet another request. This time I did receive a response (on 5/12) that I would be refunded.

On 06/02, after no refund, I contacted Pay Pal and put in a dispute. Today (06/08) I received notification from PayPay that the issue was resolved and they recovered my funds.

Customer service is severely lacking at Woot! these days.less

2015-05-30

"Woot is the Worst when it comes to customer service. I wish I would have read some reviews before buying my son's gaming computer form them. It took at least a week to get it, which was no big deal. I was then out of town for work the next week. My son plays on it and it has been shutting itself off and rebooting constantly. They have a hidden 21 day warranty and tell me we missed it by 3 days and we have to deal with the manufacturer. Nobody to talk to and they just email you a sorry that is policy. So if it takes 8 days to ship it you have 13 days for it to not work and get a hold of them or you are out of luck. We are paying to ship it to the manufacturer (ibuypower) and hopefully will get this resolved. But I will never buy another product from Woot. I can't believe Amazon is affiliated with Woot. The worst on line buying experience I've ever had. No pphone number to talk to anyone and terrible customer service. Buyer beware of this company."

2015-05-27

"I've bought stuff from woot before and shipping was always slow but I always got it within at least two weeks so I was ok with it. However with their tshirt business, I've placed two orders. The first one they never acknowledged and then once they did they sent it FAST but the second time they didn't ship it until after 2 emails to customer service and then finally 16 days after purchase, they send it with a 7-10 delivery day speed. Ridiculous. Also all the customer service emails seemed like canned responses. I keep buying from woot less and less and I think this is now the last time. I can't believe Amazon owns this company.. they must be totally disconnected.

Looks like the company went downhill after the Woot acquisition by Amazon. - http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/12/five-woot-execs-check-out-as-daily-deals-site-feels-the-strain-under-owner-amazon/. I buy from Amazon all the time, I don't know why they let Woot.com come to this.

2015-05-16

"I'm somewhat surprised that I am now a victim of Woot's non existent customer service.

After a few years of purchasing from Woot with relative success and decent value, they actually changed the price of an item I was ordering right before I could finalize my purchase, AFTER the item was already in my cart!!!

This is bait and switch at its worst. I've received three different robot style messages from customer service, each of which doesn't address my issue nor offers any possible way to achieve resolution.

Buyer beware!!!!!

Mitch C.

2015-05-16

"Terrible customer service! Total Ripoff!

I ordered 4 monitors and 2 dual monitor stands from these jokers for our business that were never delivered. They don't give a shit.

Woot forces the customer to contact Fedex to get the packages traced, force the customer to keep on the Fedex tracers, then when the package is considered lost by Fedex tells you to contact Woot to send a replacement shipment, then Woot tells you to file a claim with the local police department and then, and only then, will they consider what to do! Such bullshit!

I didn't know Fedex miss-deliveries is a crime! I can't wait to see the look on the cop's face when I ask to file a police report for the missing package.

So, if you order from them you are rolling the dice. They have terrible customer service, no care at all that you ever receive your purchases, and make you do all the work, which not only eliminates any cost savings you might have gotten but cost your company money for your labor. Here is an excerpt from their last email to me:

Email telling me to contact Fedex:

Hello,

Sorry you haven't received your order. Please contact FedEx to initiate a driver follow-up/trace. They will research the delivery and contact you with more information. We would ask that you be the one to make this call because they will ask specific questions about the delivery location. In the meantime, please check with your neighbors and/or complex office (if applicable) to ensure that they have not received the package in error.

1-800-463-3339

Please let us know what they say, so we will know what we need to do to resolve the problem.

Regards,
Nicholas
Woot Member Services

Email telling me to get the police report:

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that your package has not been located. Please contact your local law enforcement office and file a police report regarding your missing item(s). Please reply to this email with a copy of the completed report. Once we receive this information, we can investigate what action to take. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Nicholas
Woot Member Services

Share Woot!'s store rating

Woot! is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Woot! is not a merchant member
Woot! does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!