Product & services pricing Rating 4.24/10 4.24/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.49/10 1.49/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.22/10 1.22/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.85/10 0.85/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10

"So I am highly disappointed in the customer service I received yesterday...so I went to my local walmart store in Fairfield Ca yesterday and purchased a tablet for my mom who lives in the state of Missouri. After about 6 hours later my mom went to pick up from store #5150 she began calling me telling me problems she was having trying to pick up the order since I was the one that paid I called the store to see what was going on and recieved horrible CS The people that answered the phone were no where near professional they put me on hold but I heard there whole conversation then the phone hung up in my face so I called back and got no help they told me to call walmart. Com customer service.....so I called them and asked to speak to a manager to see y my mom couldn't get the order and he told me it was still being processed even though my receipt said it would take 4 hrs he told me 48 hours still feeling like I didn't get my problem Resolved we hung up two seconds later my mom told me they refunded my money thinking to my self ummmmmmm well how come the manager didn't say that I just got off the phone with him all he said was it wasn't processed now I was pissed not only did I go through no one with answers the stupid manger refunded me my money my mom caught to buses for nothing and now it take 3days for me to Receive my money back and my mom called before she went and they told her they had it.....wtbs I will never in life order from walmart.com and store #5150 need to be trained all over again yesterday made me realize that walmart truly does not care about there customers ugh the longest day ever one star is too many"

modified review This review was modified by luvjoy on February 20 2014 02:11:13 AM

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"I have placed many orders from Walmart directly (not the marketplace sellers) without any problems except for one where they delivered the wrong items based on the fact that they had the wrong UPC code associated with the products and they couldn't do anything since the item wasn't in stock anymore. So I returned it to the store. My orders have ranged from bathroom stuff to furniture.

Customer service emails respond within 24 hours which is a good time.

12/31/2013 Placed order

1/2/2014 Delivered to AZ

1/24/2014 Placed order
1/28/2014 Shipped from TX
1/30/2014 Delivered to AZ

"Walmart is an ok store, you just have to go in expecting less than you would at a higher end store. As a Texan, I prefer HEB but other grocery stores such as Safeway I would say Walmart has beat. The prices are incredibly low, they are usually understaffed and don't know how to help if you have a problem, but site to store is a nice feature especially since the shipping is free that way :)"

"Walmart Auto Centers advertises the full service synthetic oil change at 49.88. The signage and website clearly says it includes the oil filter. But they charged me extra for the oil filter because it was a cartridge type filter (most newer models are).

Then they tried to say the 5W20 weight oil was more expensive, so they charged extra for that. But on their shelves, the Mobil 1 5W20 which they used, is the same price for 5 gallon jug as the other weights of oil. My car uses 4 quarts, they charged for the 5 quart jug, and did not provide me the 1 quart left over.

modified review This review was modified by mikewalker789 on January 25 2014 09:04:17 PM

"Walmart.com is TERRIBLE! We ordered a playset for our kids in November so we could get it before Christmas. When we placed the order the playset was in stock and was supposed to be delivered by 12/13/14. We got an email saying it would be delayed and Walmart.com never followed up with us. We went to the store where it was supposed to be delivered and they said it wouldn't be delivered until 12/30 - after Christmas and a month after we placed the order. They suggested we call Walmart.com. After 2 hours of hold time and getting passed off to a couple people they said a manager would call back within 2 business days. 4 business days later we call back and get the run around again. They said the initial order must have been lost. How do you lose a playset?! Next, they said they would take $75 off our order after my husband argued with them for an hour. We were told the playset would arrive by 1/3. It doesn't arrive and today I got an email saying they had cancelled our order completely. I called back to say they should send us the playset and NOT cancel our order but they said they were cancelling it because it's out of stock. While on the phone with them I got to Walmart.com and tell them I see that it says "In Stock" and can be delivered by 1/13 to the store. They said say they can't do anything about our order and we should try again and send us to their one question survey about their service. I will never order from Walmart.com again and I do not recommend them to anyone else"

modified review This review was modified by ljaybird123 on January 06 2014 08:49:33 PM

"I made an order to get a TV before Christmas. The TV never came. Emailed the support. They ignored me and said looks like it got stolen. I have surveillance in my building I could see the package never got delivered. You would notice a giant TV box coming in. Emailed and ignored again. Called the 800 number (waited nearly 2hrs) told to call Fedex. Called Fedex, was told it has an invalid tracking number. Called Walmart (waited nearly 2hrs again) told that it seems something may have happened to it on their end and that their "back office" would reach out to me in 4 business days. 5 business days later, no call. Called them, spoke to a lady and told me that they could refund or re-ship. I chose refund. She told me i would receive an email that I would Need to e-sign before i could get a refund. I never received an email. Its now January 2nd. Walmart ruined Christmas. I will ever order from them again. They have stolen my money."

"We took our blazer to walmart for an oil change, after damaging our oil filter they told us they had to deny service because it was to tight. We drove down the road and our engine blew up, because the oil filter was damaged. We called and they basically told us off. That they didnt touch the filter. We still dont have a vehicle and this was a month and a half ago. They never called us back and theres nothing we can do. Never take your car to them!"

modified review This review was modified by hannaholson on December 30 2013 08:20:19 PM

"I ordered a PS4 from Walmart.com in October and they assured me I would receive it between 11/18 and 12/16/13 in time for Christmas for my son. Guess what? They billed me but never shipped it. No e-mails, phone calls or any type of communication from them, so that perhaps I could have purchased it else where. 12/26/13, they canceled my order. Long story short, my son had no gift for Christmas!! Nice job Walmart.com; keep fighting for highr wages!!!! "

modified review This review was modified by ChadSnaggler on December 26 2013 10:13:15 AM

"I have a very bad experience, I buy on cyber monday a tablet, it arrived on time but it doesn't work properly. I paid $31 of shipping because I live in Puerto Rico, now they said in Puerto Rico store that they didn't refund me the shipping and I write to the Customer service two times and they didn't answer me. Iam going to loose my money. That's very bad."

modified review This review was modified by Vilmarie on December 22 2013 02:49:19 PM

"AWFUL.... DO NOT EVEN BOTHER wasting your time or money. I ordered a present for my son and paid the extra shipping charge for a guarenteed delivery of 12/19. Today is 12/19 and I called as the tracking number states it hasnt even shipped yet. I waited 45 minutes on hold to get a girl who clearly was useless. She advises that not only did my order not ship but it is now out of stock because they waited so long to ship it that it was sent to another customer! I was advised they are out of stock, I can not get it by Christmas and if I want a refund I wont get it undetil AFTER Christmas to buy my son another gift. I told the girl that I needed to speak to a manager and she put me on hold for ANOTHER 30 minutes before hanging up on me. NEVER in mylife will I buy anything from Walmart in person or on line again. I would rather pay more money at target then dela with this piece of shit company. They only got one star because I can not give them zero."

modified review This review was modified by kalismomma on December 19 2013 12:26:15 PM

"ONLINE ORDERING IS THE WORST IN HOSTORY. I shop alot online and have never had any real issues until I ordered from Walmart online. They said my item would ship to the store and be ready within 3 days..2 weeks later I received my item. Thought maybe it was a fluke so I gave them one more shot. I ordered a hot toy item that was clearly in stock paid for the item and received notification of when it would arrive. That day came and went, I contacted Customer Service and they sorry it is on backorder..How could this happen? It was available when I ordered it and added it to my cart and why did I not receive any type of notification that it was backordered? I will NEVER shop from Walamrt online again. I would rather pay a higher price for an item then ever order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by daniszilli on December 19 2013 11:31:38 AM

"For those considering online ordering from walmart.com, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I ordered a dozen Hickory Farms gift baskets on December 10, 2013. On the website it CLEARLY stated free shipping on orders over $35. I went with the free shipping option since my order was over $235. Upon checkout it charged me for shipping. I emailed them and they stated the shipping charges would be cleared.
I then checked their website, the shipping charges were credited, AND THEN REENTERED!
I checked their tracking number and UPS said it was not in their system for delivery on Friday, December 13th. It never showed up. I emailed them with specific questions about my order and got back form letters having NOTHING to do with my question on where my order was.
I called and finally got through to one of their customer reps and was told that UPS never picked it up! However, minutes later I received an email from walmart.com stating UPS said it was damaged in transit. This is impossible because their tracking number would have indicated that the package was actually picked up.
THEN, I get an email stating my order is being re-shipped, and the quantity stated "1", NOT the 12 I ordered.
For those considering ordering online from walmart.com, please know they have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

modified review This review was modified by Fredrick93274 on December 16 2013 10:04:09 AM

"I have never written a review on a store before, however; after the way Walmart.com handled my order. I could not leave this stone unturned. After reserving a Playstaion 4 in August, i waited till the console came out which was mid november. when i ordered the console i was told that i will receive it close to launch or several weeks after. i was okay with that knowing that i could have placed the order much earlier to have an earlier date. However not knowing that when i put my credit card information in i had wrote the wrong EXP. date …. Yes i am aware this is my own mistake, but are we not all human? this must have happened to a lot of people or has happened in the past I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one … anyway, Walmart does nothing to get in contact with me for my item. instead they cancel it and I'm Sh*t out of luck. With such a high demand for this product now I'm out of a ps4 in the holidays for my son and Walmart could only apologize and not do anything about it … Billing never sent any e-mails or called me. They never made an attempt to get the correct information from me. WHY would they, they have plenty of other customers on line for the ps4. So They kicked me to the curve and did no care one bit if i got it or not… Is that costumer care? No type of procedure was in place to make sure the costumer item was ship to them. I would not advise anyone to reserve a highly demanded product with them. i would buy elsewhere. "

modified review This review was modified by less_ny on December 14 2013 01:02:17 PM

NoRefund's Avatar
Bay Area

"Not sure why the astoundingly low rating for Walmart. I see people complain about bad instruction manual for the product they got and rate Walmart 1 star and similar unrelated issues.
I base my rating on 2 orders I recently placed with WM. Shipping was very reasonable in both cases and the products got here by the promised time (one actually got here much faster) they also have a commitment to deliver by Christmas and they keep these delivery dates. I'm sure some of the many shipments from Walmart go awry and from calling them I can tell their CS is not as good as Amazon's or Zappos but rating them 1 star is not really fair.
Here is my detailed rating:
Site: 4/5 - Site is pretty good, on par with sites like HomeDepot, search is a bit lacking they do have customer reviews and good product description.
Checkout: 5/5 - Very clear, tax & shipping calculated before final confirmation.
Shipping: 4/5 - Regularly time, great progress email with tracking, most of the time shipping is free to home or store. The packaging is not perfect and there is some chance of damage to shipment if not handled well.
Prices: 5/5 - Both product I bought were almost 1/2 of the price from the next lower retailer.
Customer Service: 3/5 - This is a typical brick & mortar CS with no automated RMA, but you can get reprimanded if you have some patience.
Overall WM (4.5/5) will _not_ my 1st choice of purchase, however sometimes they just have great products and great deals that are hard to pass on. Use it if it's not on your critical path (like must get it right on 1st try) and you are not a person that will get really upset if they got something wrong.

"Awesome (from someone who almost never bothers to write a review.) I was talked into switching our iphones from ATT to Solavei It was a nightmare from the start 45 days of "try this, try that" I finally did a speed test and discovered my download speed was 0.015mb Nothing was going to work. it was literally no better than a can on a string. I read the horror stories about ST customer service and setup difficulties. Yes the CS is off shore, but they are most patient and helpful If you have difficulty understanding, they will repeat until you get it. We ported two numbers, happened fast. regarding legibility difficulties revealing the se # on the service card, i had that the first time too. then i realized it was b/c I tried to remove the scratch line. Just gently scratch off the gray, no problem. I set up auto renew so my phone behaves like it did on post paid ATT at truely half the cost. In my area, I chose to run on the ST ATT network, and it was worth the 45 days of heck elsewhere to discover ST. BTW, once you get your phone set up, you never have to call CS anyway, so this seems like the best choice out there."

Walmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!