Stores > Vulcan Tire Sales

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

2010-10-15

"VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!

I ordered a set of tire chains for my snow thrower. The chains that I received indicated that they were for tire size 13x4.00-6, which is exactly what I have. The chains were so loose fitting that they would slide around & never provide any help. I provided clear photos to vulcantire showing the problem. Their response was that the tires were too 'aggressive' for the chains. I don't think I've ever seen a two-stage snowthrower that didn't have aggressive tires. Also, I've seen web images of similar tires utilizing perfectly fitting chains. Anyhow, their suggestion was to buy connecting links (at my expense) & connect rows of the chain together. This didn't work as the overall diameter of the chain is just too large for the tire.

When I ordered, I specified the exact brand, year, & model# of the snowthrower. There was NOTHING in the product description (nor in the FAQ) warning that aggressive tires would not work. If I return the chains, I would receive a refund of less than $10.00 (after both shipping fees). Original cost was $30.00

I was also told that they would forward my complaint to the manufacturer. I haven't heard anything at all from them.

Really disappointed here! The reason I bought from them, and not Amazon or somewhere, is that they receive such glowing reviews. I really thought I would have no problem, and they would send my the exact product for my needs. I also cannot believe that NO OTHER CUSTOMER has had this problem. This is a TORO sold at LOWES. An extremely well-known brand name sold at one of the largest hardware stores. Do you mean to tell me that I am the only owner of this model in the world to order from vulcantire?

---------------------------

Thank you for the reply. I did not ask to return the chains because it is now way past the 30-day return period. Also, the return policy clearly states the following:

Original shipping charges are not refundable, replacement items will be shipped free of charge under the following conditions:

* Wrong merchandise is received, except if customer is at fault.
* Merchandise is damaged in shipping.
* Merchandise is defective on delivery.

---
After reading that, I just decided to cut my losses & throw the chains in the junk pile. I did pick up some of the snap links & TRIED to do as suggested. I spent a half-hour trying to get one tire fitted securely, and just decided to give up. It sort-of works, but there is always too much slack. There is just no way to make the chains you guys sent work with my tires. I have been using cable chains on my cars for years, and can get them securely installed in a few minutes.

The product you sent is of good quality. My beef with you guys is you are making the customer (ME) feel as if it's my fault for ordering the wrong product. If there was ANY hint that these chains were wrong for my application, I would never have ordered them.

Your original reply/solution should have been something like this:
Looks like we need to provide some extra info on our website concerning chain usage/sizing for aggressive snow tires. We will be shipping you a set of smaller chains which should fit your application. We will include a postpaid label to return the original chains to us.
-----
While something like this may seem like a loss of $ on your side, it's a CHEAP INVESTMENT in customer loyalty.

This review was modified by mrpapaya on October 17 2010 09:28:57 PM

2010-10-07

"This is the second time we have ordered tires from Vulcan Tire Sales. The service has been excellent and very fast on delivery of the tires. The tires are excellent and we will order from this company in the future. Your web site is very easy to use and find what you are looking for. Chuck & Joyce McGahan "

2010-09-13

"Great value, they had this Hard-To-Get tire in stock, and shipped promptly.
The tire arrived on time, and in excellent condition.

2010-09-01

"I searched the web over several days before finding Vulcan Tire Sales. I have previously used Tires Easy and Tire Rack but found the selection and prices at Vulcan to be superior for the tires I bought. My wife says "the car drives like a new car" after adding installing the new tires. Because of the low profile of the tires I had to pay over $30 to have Les Schwab mount and balance them. I think they were punishing me because I bought from Vulcan. The tires are great. Thanks Vulcan, I may keep my car for a longer period now that it drives so well."

2010-08-31

"The service is awesome. Vulcan Tire has real good price!! You should compare with the other competitos!! I have had the three sets of tire from Vulcan Tire so far and I am really satisfied with the service and the quality of the product. I would buy the products again in the future."

2010-08-24

"very fast service.shipping. good price. fair shipping cost. thank you"

2010-08-09

"Excellent prices, prompt shipping when tires are in stock at the nearest wharehouse. Will definitely do business again."

2010-08-07

"second order for me, I will shop your prices again, and I do shop. the falcken tires have served me very well. the FK452 on the southern CA. roads work great. I drive a MB CLK500. Mountain roads or desert, going to vegas. The car and tires are fun to drive."

2010-08-07

"Problem-free through all the steps - the way it should be. We did a have a problem with the product we ordered so I sent an email to the Vulcan Tire sales staff asking for some help and guidance - and they provided it with very detailed instructions which indicates to me they know their products and are not just resellers. Thank you for great service."

2010-07-16

"First the product was exactly as order and shipping was quick. Customer service was excellent and can answer all questions with quick response. Would reconmend this to all existing and new customers and I guarantee that all including myself would be a returning customer. Thanks Vulcan and will be back! A++++++++++++++++"

This review was modified by bgdanvp05 on July 16 2010 03:22:14 PM

2010-07-09

"This transaction was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had lately. The site is well laid out and informative which made my decision easier. Placing the order was without error and ease and my items were shipped the very next day. The shippment was fast (4 days) and correct. It is very nice to know that there are still honest, hard working people in this world.
Thank you very much.
Randy

2010-07-03

"As ordered, great communication, lightning quick delivery. Can't be beat on value."

2010-06-28

"I like the way I got the tires quicky, what was wierd and it wasn't your fault, I recieved the tire in two diffrent days. I would order again from this company, also another thing was it was in stock."

2010-06-26

"Not pleased with customer service. Ordered tires and tried to cancel the order with no luck and very inaccurate information was given to me by customer service rep about shipping. They should not even offer a cancel order request cause they do not work. Net loss to me for returning the unused product was 130 dollars and I got nothing. Very dissatisfied and will never order tires from vulcan again."

2010-06-24

"GREAT SERVICE JOB WELL DONE"

Share Vulcan Tire Sales's store rating

Vulcan Tire Sales is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Vulcan Tire Sales is not a merchant member
Vulcan Tire Sales does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!