Product & services pricing Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10

"HORRIBLE! The catalog has some extremely cute bathing suits and clothes, but DO NOT be fooled. I ordered two dresses (1 @ $139 and 1 @$39) both of which were HUGE! I am 5'9", size 8, average build. The picture shows the $39 dress to be form fitting and mid thigh length - in relaity it was like a MooMoo and mid shin length (and I am 5'9" - imagine a shorter girl buying this? No way!) WOW! The more expensive dress was too long as well but the fit was better. They put details on the length in the catalog, however, the details are not correct - I measured. Completely off! I blame it on cheap overseas labor and poor management (by Venus). I will NOT be ordering from Venus again."

modified review This review was modified by JustMe77 on July 17 2012 05:08:29 AM

"Just to add my 100$ to the mix, shipping was so slow, quality was so low, sizes were so off!
I cannot possibly suggest anyone shop here.
final thought...Im sending it all back.
With A POST OFFICE SHIPPING LABEL! ($2.95)

"Long wait on my order of a white 2 piece chiffon blouse and flared pant. I was hoping to wear it for my wedding, however, once it FINALLY arrived, it so wasn't what I expected; it was more off-white than in the catalogue. Wasn't happy with it and after reading reviews on returning it, why waste my time. I'm out $60+...oh well."

"Have fun returning items to Venus. Not only do they bill you the shipping charge they also charge you $6.95 for a return label fee. Our $54 return less $6.95 and less $7.95 shipping = a refund from them of $39.00. The items are poorly constructed and definitely oversized. I would have maybe tried something else but their shipping and return policy is ridiculous. Go to Victoria Secret..free shipping both ways!!!!!!! Will Never shop here ever again. Catalogs go right into the trash!"

"VERRY VERY UNHAPPY about how my order was shipped. I got a UPS confirmation # to my house but the order was shipped to my local post office then it goes by mail to the house. Well....i don't get mail at my house! It was a pain! No one tells you this up front at the time you order. Customer service could have carried less about it.

I ordered a cute camo bikini. I'm super tinny and the fit was ok however the lace around the edges began coming apart the first time I pulled them up. Also the pic online showed a scrunch butt but when I received them it was only 2 inches at the very top of the bottoms. I called and asked why the pic is different than the actual bottoms and she did not have an answer.

I do not recommend Venus at all. Save your money and go to Walmart. You will be much happier.

modified review This review was modified by Texas-girl on June 24 2012 08:53:38 PM

"I'm 5'8", 140-pounds, lean and athletic. Most people think I weigh much less :) I wear a size 2 or 4 Calvin Klein dresses or size Small dresses (a medium if junior sizing). I wear size 26 Rock-n-Roll Cowgirl jeans and 26/27 Silver jeans depending on style/cut. I wear a 32D and 32DD in bras from Dillard's but since they are hard to find I can make do with some 34D's. I mostly wear 32DD Body by Victoria's Secret Full Coverage bra. I have found a couple VS bra's in 34D not offered in 32DD that fit. At Target I can wear a medium bandeau top and the small bottoms of their mix-n-match styles. If I go with what they consider their junior's swimsuits, I need a large top that ties in the back and medium bottoms.

I placed my order for Venus Swimwear through their Web site. I ordered two swimsuits, one in the jewel green and the other in turquoise, but I ordered several size/style options. Going by their size chart, I chose to order a D-cup and a DD-cup tops; and size 4 and size 6 bottoms—I wasn't going to be able to exchange before our vacation. Bust 38 ; Waist 27-1/2 ; hips 37-1/2).

I ordered the turquoise Goddess Top and the Goddess bottom. First of all the turquoise is pretty close to what is pictured, maybe a tiny bit darker, but beautiful! The D-cup top fit the best, the DD-cup was huge! I'm kinda thinking a C-cup would fit more like the model in the picture, but I'm not complaining. I had to adjust the back as small as it would go. I'd love it to fit more snug so it would provide more band support for a boob lifting effect, but I'm not going to be running and playing volleyball in it. I do not fear a wardrobe malfunction. I could not tell the difference between the size 4 and size 6 bottoms in the Goddess. I haven't got it wet yet, but the rear of the suit is not lined, so I am concerned what will happen when I have a wet butt, however I'm a people-watcher at the beach, not a swimmer so I'm not too worried.

I also ordered the triangle top, enhancing triangle top, Goddess top and the tie-side bottom in jewel green. The color again was amazing! Gorgeous actually! The triangle top made it out of the pouch, but not on, it was extremely flimsy, no padding (hello nipples!) and there is no way it was a D-cup triangle top. The enhancing triangle top in the D-cup fit great. Again I think the C-cup would fit more like what is pictured in the catalog, but I'm not returning. I had to adjust the band as small as it would go, but remember I am 32-band size. The tie-side bottoms in 4 were small with minimal front coverage. The size 6 allowed me to have the right amount of front and rear coverage for me. The tie-side bottom looks great with the enhancing triangle top. Personally, the Goddess top with these bottoms looked awkward on me. Plus I didn't want two suits that were all matchy-matchy. The fabric of the jewel green felt a tiny bit thicker than the turquoise.

I am returning the leftovers of my order, so I can't comment on the "returning" experience. As far as receiving my order, I was able to get free shipping and paid $15 extra to get in the next day (I was in a hurry). I had my order in less than 24-hours. I will order again, next time I will try a C-cup as well as the D-cup since I know they fit. And I will stick to the size 6 bottoms, too.

Comparing to other brands of swimwear, I have an L*Space bandeau in size large (ties in back) with bottoms in size medium in blue iris. Their fabric feels sturdier and silkier. Can't compare too much since it was totally different style suits... I like the option of no-tan lines but my husband prefers halter tops. If anything, I can say they remind me of Body Glove's fit and feel.

Hope this helps!

"LOVE TO LOVE TO LOVE YA!!!! "

"HORRIBLE SITE! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! My daughter ordered a white sequined bikini in size A on venus for the pool. We waited and when her bikini finally arrived, we opened up the box to find a huge, brown bikni in size D! I called their number and it turns out not only were they out of stock with the bikini we ordered (It said it was in stock online) but it had also been discontinued months ago! why were they still selling it online!! The person who puts the items in the bags must have realized they discontinued the swimsuit she wanted, so they just threw in some bikini and shipped it to us. DO NOT GET SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE!!"

"First time im ordering from Venus, ( excuse my english im french canadian ). What you see is what you get for color and style, comfortable too but the size is AWFUL !!! To me the size is the most important thing because if not, you're not gonna wear it AT ALL. And when I say AWFUL I say im generally wearing a small size, and I ordered one x-small and 2 small shirts, and I literally received 2 large and 1 medium ! Even my mother would not wear the small ones and because I come from Canada, it would cost me a lot to ship and receive I don't know what size again. Im really disapointed, how can it be so out of the track with 3 different items ? If it was only one article on 3, I would not have bother to have spent 100 $ for 2 good articles at the end, but 3 on 3??? come on ! Like, Is there so many fat people in the USA that the small size is like a Large one in Canada ?? It Cant be ??!! OH and, I almost forgot, It took more than a MONTH to receive these.. So, If you live not in the USA, I dont think it's a good idea to command there, except if you really have a great talent in dressmaker. Unfortunately that's not my case. "

"All of these ratings (for the most part) look awful. I, however, love this store. I am 29 years old, from CT. I have been ordering from them, online, for YEARS. They are one of my "go-to" stores when I need a new top or dress. I have never had bad service. They always are prompt with my orders and returns. And the costumer service reps have always been responsive, when I needed to them be (which has not been often.)

Sorry everyone has had a bad experience. More for me, I guess! I love Venus!

modified review This review was modified by MSWInCT on April 29 2012 02:02:23 PM

"First time ordering and it was awful. I ordered almost 200 dollars worth of stuff and NONE of it looked like how I expected it to look. I returned back one dress so far in the mail which costed 39.99 and just saw I only got back 19.99. They took 6.95 off for a return label.. and 12.95 for shipping costs. Never will order from there again!!"

"First time ordering from Venus, knew this would be a risk. Low quality and poor fit. I ordered top and bottom. The top looks and fits 2 sizes smaller than it should, it is an off-the-shoulder style however it is constantly popping up and onto my shoulders. As a Canadian shopper it will cost me more to send it back than it is worth. I'll caulk this up to experience and never order again. I would caution other Canadian's as the hidden shipping and handling fees are not worth it."

"I have ordered many things from venus in the past year from sweaters to tops, lots of bikinis, dresses. My proportions are not the average so I have ordered and returned many times and I've had no problem. I always read all the fine print which helps reducing shipping costs. for ex. exchanging on order slip instead of return and order again cuz the order slip exchange shipping is free. All the bikinis were really cute and fit well once I got the right size. One of the bikinis (my favorite one) is white and ever since I went to the beach there's sand that's made its way into the fabric and i can't get it out! Other than that and a few clothes not fitting my figure right...had pretty good experience with them. service pretty good as well as quality compared to pricing."

"Horrible experience with a return! I wanted to exchange, but the agent said to return the original bathing suit and re buy the new one to save time. I bought the new bathing suit and recieved an email confirming my return of $63.00, minus $12.95 for shipping costs! Bogus charges!! I was shocked. The agent I spoke with was very unwilling to assist me. I have always bought Victoria's Secret Bathing suuits and this was my first experience with VENUS and my last."

"Year ago for christmas I ordered scirt. It was 10 days before christmas (shipping takes 5-8 days) During 4 days my order wasn't send to me. I talk to them in live chat, and they told me, that they out of stock. Well, i talk to them about 15-20 minutes about why they charge me if they out of stock, why no body tell me before i order it, so they send me this skirt next day for overnight shipping without extra charge. Scirt was so beautiful and good quality.
This year I orderd dress, it's looks amazing on picture, nice color everything looks nice. I'm wearing size 6-8, therefore I ordered size Medium. When I received this dress I was just like "Watta hell is that!?" This dres was horrible,size M was real size XXL,color on picture was purple but real color is dirty gray-purple. I was so dissapointed.
Also I ordered there nice shoes it's really awesome and good quality

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!