• Venus Swimwear

Product & services pricing Rating 3.89/10 3.89/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

"BUYER BEWARE!!! Not only did I not receive my summer suit (backordered) they gave me a $25 gift card but charged my credit card $10.70 to ship the card. They refused to refund me, so I contacted my bank. CREDIT CARD FRAUD!"

"Horrible, awful, bad experience. There were no pictures of the back view, but I assumed seeing the fronts, and backs views of other outfits, that it would be like how it looked from the front -cute, classic, stylish. It was on sale and I thought I was getting a good deal. I guess you get what you pay for, and Im sure glad I didnt pay full price. A zipper piece was sewn on the back in such a horrible fashion with was is almost a two in patch going along the entire length of zipper. They didnt even try to hide the zipper. And the huge patchwork was a different color than the piece i bought. It looked like it was inside out. When i realized it wasnt, that this was the part that was out when id wear it, I realized it was not wearable. When i showed my hisband he said "you cant wear that, why would they do that?". As a man who knows nothing about fashion, he knew this was not ok. I will NEVER buy from Venus again. Plus, it took forever to ship. Almost 2 full weeks. So my build up made it worse. I was excited when it finally came, only to find this horrible product."

"This company is HORRIBLE!!! First off, they are very rude on the phone and they are never willing to help you. I have called MULTIPLE of times and yet to hear a correct response. They always say, they are right. Make a long story short. I placed 2 orders with them, hated all the articles of clothing and returned them. Remind you, they were 2 DIFFERENT returns. Well, I only received one refund for my return and yet to have the other order refunded. Everytime I call, they have said that they refunded my card and that my bank is wrong. Well I have called my bank and they looked into too and the 2nd return wasn't even refunded to my card. So now I have to file a dispute with my bank so they can get MY money refunded back to my card.

Venus steals people money and they don't even care. I have yelled at them multiple times and even told them they steal people's money. Not to mention, they have horrible customer service, horrible clothing, horrible retuns shipping fee's. I will NEVER order from this company again and I will make sure that everybody that I knows will order from them too.

"Being a 19-year-old large-chested girl has almost made me give up hope on finding an adequately fitting and supporting swimsuit. After countless trips to Target and other decently priced stores and hours of online searching, it seems that if you're busty, you're forced into wearing horrendous floral and black swimdresses and tankinis. I don't understand why more retailers can't make bra-sized swimwear as I wear a 36DD. Luckily I found venus.com and what do you know, I found beautiful underwire bikini tops. I ordered the "Marylin" bra in the DD size and it fits wonderfully. A lot of the reviews are saying that the sizes run big. I am a size 10-12 on top and a size 14 on bottom, and this top is a perfect fit. Thank you venus.com for letting me feel confident and pretty on my upcoming cruise!"

modified review This review was modified by nessalto on July 26 2012 08:11:19 PM

"Right now I am having a poor experience with venus. I ordered some items and considering the cost, I was surprised that it took almost 2 weeks for my items to arrive. 3 out of 4 items did not look like the catalog and sizes were off. So I decided to exchange 2 and my exchanges still haven't been processed, plus being charged and exchange/return shipping fee is ridiculous. Customer service say it can take up to 10 business days! Then venus pls don't advertise that returns/exchanges are fast and easy! Basically, I ordered items 7/3 and will probably not get to use them till August, over a month later, because of how slow and inefficient this company is. Pls avoid them...will never Venus from here again."

"So I'm not sure why all the bad reviews... I had no issues with them. I ordered a bikini set, which by the way the goddess bikini and ruched bottoms are perfect for someone with a few mommy marks : ) and not trying to show everything but still be sexy; sizing was as said and fits well. I also ordered a dress which was a size too big, if your ordering a dress order a size smaller, they are a little big. No biggie though, they were quick to send out another in a smaller size while the other is on its' way back. The shipping does take longer than some other places, it took a week to get here exactly. I think that is because they use UPS rather than USPS. I constantly have slower service through UPS rather than the postal office; which are typically very quick for my area."

"Horrible!!!!!! Never order from this website! I placed and order for my birthday and received and email stating it was being processed but, order was never placed by them!!!! So, I was waiting for my dress and expected it to be here before birthday party and NEVER got a tracking number or email saying the order was on its way. Got worried and called Venus and they said order was never placed by me!!! Which wasn't true because I got the order number! I was sooo upset I decided to delete them from my website address book! Beware of Venus and their horrible business!"

modified review This review was modified by Donasiana on July 19 2012 11:30:33 AM

"HORRIBLE! The catalog has some extremely cute bathing suits and clothes, but DO NOT be fooled. I ordered two dresses (1 @ $139 and 1 @$39) both of which were HUGE! I am 5'9", size 8, average build. The picture shows the $39 dress to be form fitting and mid thigh length - in relaity it was like a MooMoo and mid shin length (and I am 5'9" - imagine a shorter girl buying this? No way!) WOW! The more expensive dress was too long as well but the fit was better. They put details on the length in the catalog, however, the details are not correct - I measured. Completely off! I blame it on cheap overseas labor and poor management (by Venus). I will NOT be ordering from Venus again."

modified review This review was modified by JustMe77 on July 17 2012 05:08:29 AM

"Just to add my 100$ to the mix, shipping was so slow, quality was so low, sizes were so off!
I cannot possibly suggest anyone shop here.
final thought...Im sending it all back.
With A POST OFFICE SHIPPING LABEL! ($2.95)

"Long wait on my order of a white 2 piece chiffon blouse and flared pant. I was hoping to wear it for my wedding, however, once it FINALLY arrived, it so wasn't what I expected; it was more off-white than in the catalogue. Wasn't happy with it and after reading reviews on returning it, why waste my time. I'm out $60+...oh well."

"Have fun returning items to Venus. Not only do they bill you the shipping charge they also charge you $6.95 for a return label fee. Our $54 return less $6.95 and less $7.95 shipping = a refund from them of $39.00. The items are poorly constructed and definitely oversized. I would have maybe tried something else but their shipping and return policy is ridiculous. Go to Victoria Secret..free shipping both ways!!!!!!! Will Never shop here ever again. Catalogs go right into the trash!"

"VERRY VERY UNHAPPY about how my order was shipped. I got a UPS confirmation # to my house but the order was shipped to my local post office then it goes by mail to the house. Well....i don't get mail at my house! It was a pain! No one tells you this up front at the time you order. Customer service could have carried less about it.

I ordered a cute camo bikini. I'm super tinny and the fit was ok however the lace around the edges began coming apart the first time I pulled them up. Also the pic online showed a scrunch butt but when I received them it was only 2 inches at the very top of the bottoms. I called and asked why the pic is different than the actual bottoms and she did not have an answer.

I do not recommend Venus at all. Save your money and go to Walmart. You will be much happier.

modified review This review was modified by Texas-girl on June 24 2012 08:53:38 PM

"I'm 5'8", 140-pounds, lean and athletic. Most people think I weigh much less :) I wear a size 2 or 4 Calvin Klein dresses or size Small dresses (a medium if junior sizing). I wear size 26 Rock-n-Roll Cowgirl jeans and 26/27 Silver jeans depending on style/cut. I wear a 32D and 32DD in bras from Dillard's but since they are hard to find I can make do with some 34D's. I mostly wear 32DD Body by Victoria's Secret Full Coverage bra. I have found a couple VS bra's in 34D not offered in 32DD that fit. At Target I can wear a medium bandeau top and the small bottoms of their mix-n-match styles. If I go with what they consider their junior's swimsuits, I need a large top that ties in the back and medium bottoms.

I placed my order for Venus Swimwear through their Web site. I ordered two swimsuits, one in the jewel green and the other in turquoise, but I ordered several size/style options. Going by their size chart, I chose to order a D-cup and a DD-cup tops; and size 4 and size 6 bottoms—I wasn't going to be able to exchange before our vacation. Bust 38 ; Waist 27-1/2 ; hips 37-1/2).

I ordered the turquoise Goddess Top and the Goddess bottom. First of all the turquoise is pretty close to what is pictured, maybe a tiny bit darker, but beautiful! The D-cup top fit the best, the DD-cup was huge! I'm kinda thinking a C-cup would fit more like the model in the picture, but I'm not complaining. I had to adjust the back as small as it would go. I'd love it to fit more snug so it would provide more band support for a boob lifting effect, but I'm not going to be running and playing volleyball in it. I do not fear a wardrobe malfunction. I could not tell the difference between the size 4 and size 6 bottoms in the Goddess. I haven't got it wet yet, but the rear of the suit is not lined, so I am concerned what will happen when I have a wet butt, however I'm a people-watcher at the beach, not a swimmer so I'm not too worried.

I also ordered the triangle top, enhancing triangle top, Goddess top and the tie-side bottom in jewel green. The color again was amazing! Gorgeous actually! The triangle top made it out of the pouch, but not on, it was extremely flimsy, no padding (hello nipples!) and there is no way it was a D-cup triangle top. The enhancing triangle top in the D-cup fit great. Again I think the C-cup would fit more like what is pictured in the catalog, but I'm not returning. I had to adjust the band as small as it would go, but remember I am 32-band size. The tie-side bottoms in 4 were small with minimal front coverage. The size 6 allowed me to have the right amount of front and rear coverage for me. The tie-side bottom looks great with the enhancing triangle top. Personally, the Goddess top with these bottoms looked awkward on me. Plus I didn't want two suits that were all matchy-matchy. The fabric of the jewel green felt a tiny bit thicker than the turquoise.

I am returning the leftovers of my order, so I can't comment on the "returning" experience. As far as receiving my order, I was able to get free shipping and paid $15 extra to get in the next day (I was in a hurry). I had my order in less than 24-hours. I will order again, next time I will try a C-cup as well as the D-cup since I know they fit. And I will stick to the size 6 bottoms, too.

Comparing to other brands of swimwear, I have an L*Space bandeau in size large (ties in back) with bottoms in size medium in blue iris. Their fabric feels sturdier and silkier. Can't compare too much since it was totally different style suits... I like the option of no-tan lines but my husband prefers halter tops. If anything, I can say they remind me of Body Glove's fit and feel.

Hope this helps!

"LOVE TO LOVE TO LOVE YA!!!! "

"HORRIBLE SITE! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! My daughter ordered a white sequined bikini in size A on venus for the pool. We waited and when her bikini finally arrived, we opened up the box to find a huge, brown bikni in size D! I called their number and it turns out not only were they out of stock with the bikini we ordered (It said it was in stock online) but it had also been discontinued months ago! why were they still selling it online!! The person who puts the items in the bags must have realized they discontinued the swimsuit she wanted, so they just threw in some bikini and shipped it to us. DO NOT GET SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE!!"

Share Venus Swimwear's store rating

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!