Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"HORRIBLE SITE! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! My daughter ordered a white sequined bikini in size A on venus for the pool. We waited and when her bikini finally arrived, we opened up the box to find a huge, brown bikni in size D! I called their number and it turns out not only were they out of stock with the bikini we ordered (It said it was in stock online) but it had also been discontinued months ago! why were they still selling it online!! The person who puts the items in the bags must have realized they discontinued the swimsuit she wanted, so they just threw in some bikini and shipped it to us. DO NOT GET SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE!!"

"First time im ordering from Venus, ( excuse my english im french canadian ). What you see is what you get for color and style, comfortable too but the size is AWFUL !!! To me the size is the most important thing because if not, you're not gonna wear it AT ALL. And when I say AWFUL I say im generally wearing a small size, and I ordered one x-small and 2 small shirts, and I literally received 2 large and 1 medium ! Even my mother would not wear the small ones and because I come from Canada, it would cost me a lot to ship and receive I don't know what size again. Im really disapointed, how can it be so out of the track with 3 different items ? If it was only one article on 3, I would not have bother to have spent 100 $ for 2 good articles at the end, but 3 on 3??? come on ! Like, Is there so many fat people in the USA that the small size is like a Large one in Canada ?? It Cant be ??!! OH and, I almost forgot, It took more than a MONTH to receive these.. So, If you live not in the USA, I dont think it's a good idea to command there, except if you really have a great talent in dressmaker. Unfortunately that's not my case. "

"All of these ratings (for the most part) look awful. I, however, love this store. I am 29 years old, from CT. I have been ordering from them, online, for YEARS. They are one of my "go-to" stores when I need a new top or dress. I have never had bad service. They always are prompt with my orders and returns. And the costumer service reps have always been responsive, when I needed to them be (which has not been often.)

Sorry everyone has had a bad experience. More for me, I guess! I love Venus!

modified review This review was modified by MSWInCT on April 29 2012 02:02:23 PM

"First time ordering and it was awful. I ordered almost 200 dollars worth of stuff and NONE of it looked like how I expected it to look. I returned back one dress so far in the mail which costed 39.99 and just saw I only got back 19.99. They took 6.95 off for a return label.. and 12.95 for shipping costs. Never will order from there again!!"

"First time ordering from Venus, knew this would be a risk. Low quality and poor fit. I ordered top and bottom. The top looks and fits 2 sizes smaller than it should, it is an off-the-shoulder style however it is constantly popping up and onto my shoulders. As a Canadian shopper it will cost me more to send it back than it is worth. I'll caulk this up to experience and never order again. I would caution other Canadian's as the hidden shipping and handling fees are not worth it."

"I have ordered many things from venus in the past year from sweaters to tops, lots of bikinis, dresses. My proportions are not the average so I have ordered and returned many times and I've had no problem. I always read all the fine print which helps reducing shipping costs. for ex. exchanging on order slip instead of return and order again cuz the order slip exchange shipping is free. All the bikinis were really cute and fit well once I got the right size. One of the bikinis (my favorite one) is white and ever since I went to the beach there's sand that's made its way into the fabric and i can't get it out! Other than that and a few clothes not fitting my figure right...had pretty good experience with them. service pretty good as well as quality compared to pricing."

"Horrible experience with a return! I wanted to exchange, but the agent said to return the original bathing suit and re buy the new one to save time. I bought the new bathing suit and recieved an email confirming my return of $63.00, minus $12.95 for shipping costs! Bogus charges!! I was shocked. The agent I spoke with was very unwilling to assist me. I have always bought Victoria's Secret Bathing suuits and this was my first experience with VENUS and my last."

"Year ago for christmas I ordered scirt. It was 10 days before christmas (shipping takes 5-8 days) During 4 days my order wasn't send to me. I talk to them in live chat, and they told me, that they out of stock. Well, i talk to them about 15-20 minutes about why they charge me if they out of stock, why no body tell me before i order it, so they send me this skirt next day for overnight shipping without extra charge. Scirt was so beautiful and good quality.
This year I orderd dress, it's looks amazing on picture, nice color everything looks nice. I'm wearing size 6-8, therefore I ordered size Medium. When I received this dress I was just like "Watta hell is that!?" This dres was horrible,size M was real size XXL,color on picture was purple but real color is dirty gray-purple. I was so dissapointed.
Also I ordered there nice shoes it's really awesome and good quality

"i have ordered 4 times from venus swimwear. 3 items per order.
i live in canada and shipping has been prompt every time.
live chat is very helpful. love venus!

"I needed some winter clothes for my vacation to home so my mother ordered some outfit from Venus for me and never got anything!
First, I used live chat to ask what's going on and they said "billing address and shipping address is not same so they haven't shipped yet." What kind of crap is that!? So nobody can buy clothes from Venus as a gift and send those to different address?

Second, it was getting close for me to leave this country for vacation so I called them if my stuff is not shipped yet. And they said "credit card information is wrong so we haven't supped yet" that's lie! My mother ordered from two different stores same day and those stuff got here long time ago!
So I told them all information is correct and and I need my stuff ASAP! They said they need to charge my mother for shipping overnight. Even though it wasn't our fault that they are taking so long!
Anyways, I needed those outfit soon so my mother paid EXTRA for overnight shipping.
I was told that it will be here on MONDAY so I couldn't finish packing for my vacation without my cstuff and waited till MONDAY(today!) guess what? MY STUFF IS NOT HERE YET! and I'm leaving tomorrow morning..... I SHOULD READ THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I ORDER FROM VENUS!

Of course I talked to them again.... On live chat. They said it's still in process for virfile my mothers credit card. Like I said, I got other stuff from the other two stores that I ordered same day.
They are not good for online store business.

I am so sad that I'm going home without witer clothes that I supposed to have by now.

"I ordered a pair of boots and a swimsuit top from Venus. The top wasn't great quality and didn't fit at all (way too small), but it was on clearance, so I just gave it to a friend. The boots were cute but very cheaply made. Within 3-4 times wearing them, in a carpeted office environment only, the heel had fallen off one and the material was scuffed and tearing. I used the customer service chat feature and was told that I'd have to pay another $10 to return them - and the representative was not particularly polite. I then sent an e-mail explaining and finally convinced the 2nd rep to send me a paid return shipping label. Two+ weeks after that, I finally received confirmation and was told that they had shipped a Store Credit voucher my way - even though I had requested a REFUND with all representatives. I again used the chat function and was told that I had selected the "store credit" option on my return label (false, I have a photocopy!) and there was no way to take it back. Finally, after explaining that I really didn't want to have to buy $44 worth of low-quality merchandise and just wanted to be done with this, the representative rudely agreed to cancel the store credit and issue a refund, mentioning that it may take up to 60 days (!). Still have not received my money. Stay away from Venus!"

"I placed an order on June 28th that according to the website was back ordered until June 30th. I received an email stating the order would be shipped on the 30th, two weeks later still hadn't received the order for a dress that I needed for an event. When I called the customer service number, they said it hadn't passed through customs and was still on back order. I ordered this dress over three weeks ago with more then enough time for shipping and they basically said "sorry its still on back order and we don't know when you'll get it.

Horrible customer service and THE worst back order "system" from any online store.

You are much better off buying somewhere else. Will never order anything from Venus again

"ORDERED MY SUIT. IT WAS ON BACK ORDER. THATS FINE. SO NOW ITS BACK IN STOCK. THEY HAVE AUTHORZED MY FUNDS, YET STILL NOW SHIPPING CONFIRMATION. I HAVE ASKED THEM TO GIVE ME MORE DETAILED INFO AS TO WHEN THEY WILL BE SENDING MY ITEM. ALL I GET IS THIS AUTO REPLY THAT THEY WILL BE SHIPPED IN 48 HOURS. I EMAIL THEM AGAIN...HUH GET THE SAME MESSAGE...ANOTHER 48 HOURS. SO I TRY THE CHAT. APPARENTLY NO ONE IS HOME IN THE LIVE HELP CHAT, NO ON HAS BEEN THER FOR DAYS. THE BUSINESS HOURS SAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE... BUT THEY ARE NOT. I GUESS NOW I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CALL THEM TOO. ITS BEEN A REAL HASSLE, I HOPE I GET MY SUIT BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER. I WILL NOT BE ORDERING FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE WAY TOO SLOW AT PROCESSING ORDERS, MY SUIT BECAME AVAILABLE A WEEK AGO AND STILL NO SHIPMENT. SORRY SERVICE.

"Will not purchase from this store again. I was excited about this website due to the large variety of bathing suits they have, but I didn't have good luck with the items I purchased. I bought 3 items, bikini top, bottom, and beach coverup. The beach coverup was shipped later and separately.

Tried on the bikini bottom and it did not look good. It was not that I changed my mind, but the design was the bottom was so unflattering on the body. It caused bulges between the hoops on the side. If I exchanged it for a bigger one, there'd be no bulge but the bottom would be too loose.

Second, the beach coverup was way too big for me, I ordered a small. I would have exchanged it for a smaller size, but they didn't have it.

Because those items were shipped to me at different times, separately, I had to return them separately, using 2 return labels in stead of 1. :( Rip off. That was a total of $14. Second, they added an additional shipping fee because my order no longer total $100. And these fees would be applied separately.

Once again, I did not change my mind on these items. If they had the right sizes that I could have exchanged them for, I wouldn't have taken on such a loss of money.

So I ended up with 1 bikini top, price $33. Total cost in the end with all those return charges and shipping fees = $64.

Rip Off.

"they are slow to prepare the orders, online help chat was rude, they blame the slow shipment on UPS but it's their warehouse' fault because they don't prepare it and give it to UPS quickly. I order several times now and twice they came late. the first few times were fine, but after that timing was horrible, the clothes and swimwear are nice but they need to work on their order preparation faster especially for customers who pay for timed shipment."

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!