Product & services pricing Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.70/10 4.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10

"Would definitely use again"

"Very easy to use, and quick, efficient service!"

"All went well. Easy to use, love the extra cash!"

"Easy and fast transaction

"I was very satisfied with usell!!! It was fast and very easy plus I got a great quote for my phone!!!"

"Quick, efficient, and trustworthy!"

"Great service and better than throwing my old phone."

"my experience was great selling a old phone for money I wish it was working I would have got more money"

"I will definitely use uSell again "

"Very please overall with my experience with Usell nothing complicated pretty straight forward and the service is fast had my check back to me in a timely manner. Will do business with you again and will highly recommend your site to others. Thank you. "

"Went extremely smooth. Very satisfied. "

"Great service, process was quick and painless, exactly what was promised was delivered! I would use them again without a doubt. I have already recommended them to a friend."

"Be Wary of Reduced Offers.

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6, so after comparison pricing, I agreed to sell my iPhone 5 (16gb/black/Verizon) to uSell (Sell Atlas) for $204.85. From the moment I purchased my iPhone 5, it was always in a protective case and with a screen protector. In fact, my phone’s condition was so pristine that I considered rating it Flawless, but because of some minor debris build-up, I settled on Good. Once I received the shipping packet, I mailed the phone to uSell. A little over a week later, to my surprise, I received an email that stated:

“You indicated that the condition of your device was Good but you actually sent the device in Damaged condition. Your buyer also noted that: Your device has a purple LCD problem on the front screen. The good news is that you can still get some value for your trade-in. The revised price from your buyer, Sell Atlas, is $144.50, rather than the original quote of $204.85.”

I want to be clear—my phone absolutely did not have a “purple LCD problem.” This was a complete fabrication to purchase it at a reduced price. Although I was annoyed, the lazy part of me almost accepted the reduced offer. However, the it’s-the-principle-of-the-matter part wouldn’t let me do it, and I clicked decline. The instantly generated reply email advised that my Buyer (Sell Atlas) would contact me regarding my phone’s return shipment.

Here’s where it gets interesting. A few days after I declined, I received a new email stating that a check for the full offer, $204.85, was on the way. Today, indeed, I opened my mailbox to find a check for the full amount. Out of curiosity, I did a little googling, and it seems that my story isn’t completely out of the ordinary. To be fair, there were also plenty of good reviews (most of which were on uSell’s website). In relation to the bad reviews, I noticed that uSell frequently responds, often just to spin the story. For instance, in response to my review, uSell may write something like: “Dear Seller, we value your business so much that despite the damaged-condition, we decided to purchase the phone for the full amount. We hope you appreciate our excellent customer service.” Just spin.

uSell offered a lot more for my phone than its competitors, and, from my research, higher offers appear to be the norm. The bait-and-switch may explain how they do it. How many other sellers simply accept the reduced offer?

In conclusion, I received the original offer but not without some hassle. If you decide to sell with uSell, before you mail your phone, please document its condition (take pictures, video, etc.) and be wary of a reduced offer.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-17-2014

usell.com, uSell rep has responded

“Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of your experience selling your iPhone 5 to SellAtlas. I truly am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the process, and can assure you that's not spin. We monitor all of our buyers very closely and we do not tolerate or allow any bait and switch tactics. We pride ourselves on an honest, reputable marketplace. Revised offers are only made when a buyer receives a device that does not match the quoted description. We also have strict measures in place to ensure that this process is seamless.
It's important to also note that any time a customer disagrees with a revised offer, they can ask the buyer to reinspect their device. I reached out to SellAtlas on your behalf to find out why they decided to pay the full quoted amount after noting your device had a damaged LCD. In this case, they reinspected your device and determined that it was worth the full value.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I truly hope you'll give uSell another try the next time you're ready to sell. If you have any other questions about our service, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Best,
Heather
Customer Experience Manager
uSell”

"it's was a great experience. I was scared at first but it was quick n efficient I live it "

"USell made the whole process from start to finish very easy and very fast."

uSell is a Merchant Member! Learn more

uSell is a merchant member
uSell participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,864 merchant members.