Toshiba Coupons
  • Rating 0.67/10 33 reviews

Toshiba is not a merchant member
    Toshiba does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Toshiba contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Purchased a M30x laptop off the toshiba website and had great contact with the customer service. When I first got the laptop it had a bad charging circuit, but technical support wait was almost non-existent for me. I would call and about 20-40 seconds later I had a service rep. They were friendly with me and gave me a few options on fixing the problem. One was having me swap the power adapter, and another was sending it in for depot express service. I had the new ac adapter shipped along with the laptop repair box jsut incase it didn't fix the problem.

It turned out that while this happened I changed my whole mindset on which laptop I wanted, and explained to the rep I wanted to return the laptop and get a refund. They set up the free shipping on the repair, and stayed in contact through the whole ordeal. I found the customer service to be one of the best I have ever dealt with.

I recently placed a new order for a Tecra M2 laptop, and awaiting arrival of that as it was just shipped today. Hopefully this one works 100% and I don't have to deal with repairs for a long time.

Great Experience, and would buy from again. You can't ask for a better customer service.

"I don't know why this company is still in business. Here is what happened with Toshiba and laptop.
I purchased the laptop from bestbuy on 2002 December. The laptop worked quite nicely except for a mouse problem ( solved after sending it back to them twice, but service time was short). I purchased additional warranty and right after 8 months of original warranty expiration the CDRW/DVD drive failed. As I am covered by additional warranty, called up Toshiba and sent the laptop back to their depot. Here comes the horror story.
Everytime I call them they used to lie about the servicing status and the expected shipping date. Usually it is always next week by thursday. So that they would not be bothered for another week. Turned out that they somehow ruined the motherboard and harddrive and was waiting for the parts. Funny thing is they have no clue when they are going to expect the delivery of the parts although these parts are readily availble from other laptop servicing companies around US. Well, this pain of calling them over and over again and listenning to theri lies came to an end on October, 27th. I opened the laptop and just after using it couple of times, it broke down, now showing no hard drive in the computer. I called the toshiba again and ask their explanation of holding my laptop for over a long time and for the faulty repair. The lady at customer service gave me $50 credit for all my hassel and I decided to sent the laptop to a premeir service center in Kansas and thats another story. Anyway, after receiving the $50 credit I decided to order some stuff from toshiba and alas! they have no idea about the store credit. Turned out it takes a week to get the store credit.Well after one week I called again, and still no credit is showing up in my account.After two weeks I finally managed to place my order in phone and though wow!finally. In th enext day got another email that my item will be shipped very soon. Another week passed and I call them again. This time the CSR told me they will ship it tomorrow. Another 4 days passed and finally I got an email from Toshiba that I have to call them for credit approval! Finally, I think my order pass through their system as of today. What I learned from my experience is that Toshiba is not meant to run an online business. I believe most of the CSRs are paid for lying to the customers whenever they have no clue about the things going on. Final note, avoide Toshiba in all respect.

"I've had this laptop the Satellite P25-S670

It's been working great since I bought it, although I wish I bought it later, since it's had some price drops.

Other than that, it works great, runs games fine, dvd picture is great on the 17 inch screen, and the tv tuner is awesome, I record all my favorite shows.

There is only one complaint that I have, when I start up UT2k4, it takes forever to load up maps and such, but I doubt this is a problem due to the computer, as many of my other friends also have this problem, and they use a wide range of computers (dell, Hp, etc.) Battery life isn't that great, around an hour to an hour and a half, but I bought this mainly as a desktop replacement, so I rarely have to rely on battery power.

The buying process was quite simple, went to comp usa, ordered one (since they were out of stock) came back a few days later to pick it up.

I immediately took it to a lan party not more that 3 days later (didn't feel like lugging my pc with me) and it ran great. Ran all the games I wanted to play, and ran them fast (even faster than my desktop.) I would most definitely buy another Toshiba Laptop in the future.

modified review This review was modified by MarginalMeaning on July 19 2004 09:54:30 AM

"and ANOTHER: (im getting quite sick of this)
Anyway.
7/29/04
Got the computer back, after having the computer worked on.. keyboard, mouse, dvd, the works. comes back nothing happened.
Same day.. ANOTHER dvd device i/o error.. (same day all of my computers died (and iPod.)

Send it in again. now 8/04 toshiba calls and says its 700 dollars AGAIN to fix the damn laptop (did i mention they had it longer than I DID?) plus now im tied for the purchase price for the laptop. ummm howbout you fix my dvd drive and send it back to me.. they said theres a spill in the keyboard.. NOT. Dropped. mabye by ups but not by me. so I tell them to fix my dvd.. everything else is FINE! (people dont have your mother write a nasty note to them in the box. then you get screwed like me) so im gunna have it sit there for a few months, see if they return it. if not. claims court here I come.

another Update:
7-20-04
Called Heather, Legal rep of toshiba.. free replacement of the whole computer.. hehe good because DVD Hard Drive, Mouse, Keyboard and LCD are all messed up. nothing fixed.

Where to start with the Toshiba P25-S607..
I bought this in january, few minor problems, slow dvd player and cd burner, (a 2X burns faster than this thing does), sucky battery life (hour to hour and a half). The proc is not a 2.8 gig p4, it is slower than a 4 yr old p3 dell at 2X as slow. This is not a laptop. this is a rip off for 1800 back in january.
Problems:
Several errors that result in no boot. Solution restore from cd.
Purple screen, Solution: re-install video drivers.
And my most recient and severe problem:
The Dc-in pin came off. I tried to get a replacement number. no luck. Sent it in. Toshiba said no charge.
Four days later they call up and say.. umm sorry but its gunna be $728 to replace the system board, wifi antenna, Harddrive EMI shield, and about 300 screws. This was on May 24th. It is now June 11th. No laptop, I keep getting Lied to about ship dates. My latest date is June 24th. One month without a diecent computer. Toshiba sucks in general. I should have gone with dell. The drive crashed in my desktop, and they replaced and got all the data transfered from old to new in a day. Much better. and dell speaks better english than toshiba does **UPDATE** Got the Laptop on June 14th. Next day i get it back, i go to play halo (well try) and the dvd doesnt work. call em up.. send it back in.. idiot who repaired it dropped the hard drive (broken) and the dvd drive.. quoted wednesday the 30th to get all the parts.. call wed to check.. ooh sorry but its been delayed to next wed.. Thursday.. came in and repaired.. should have back monday (hello its a holiday.. duh) so.. im gunna return it to circuit city.. or sell it brand new.. all of it sept the base has been replaced. bye bye piece o shit

modified review This review was modified by Cluffer on August 04 2004 09:18:45 AM