ToshibaCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I purchased a $1K laptop from them. It was poorly constructed; one of the end pieces was attached crooked and you could see the inside of the computer through the gap! Unbelievably shoddy workmanship.
When I contacted customer service, they were quite rude. Apparently, my options are 1) I can return it and 2) I can return it and buy another one (And that will take ANOTHER 3-6 weeks). Wow - thanks for the help! [Don't bother asking for a supervisor, the same lady got back on the phone with me claiming she was a supervisor. I guess they think only idiots would buy their product in the first place.] NEVER AGAIN

"I have had nothing but trouble with my Toshiba Laptop that I bought at Costco. The hard drive has gone out on me three times. I've spent hours and hours on the phone trying to troubleshoot because they then make me pay to send it back to the factory for theoretical repairs. This 3rd time the hard drive went out I spent hours trying to get them to waive the shipping fee just out of respect for the hours and computer time I have lost and for having purchased a lemon. They wouldn't budge on their policy. I will NEVER purchase a Toshiba again. EVER."

"this is my last toshiba..shift keys are sticky, making capitalization difficult. And nnow the cooling fan is taking breaks. It's under warranty, but it has to be sent in...and gone for approximately 2 weeks!!! And i have to pay for shipping. I think the shipping is more than the cost of the repair. For a fan! There is no local place authorized to do the repair."

"i bought a recovery disk from them for $29.99. they didn't mention that the sale is final.
after one hour from the time i bought it, i called to cancel, they refused.
i even offer to pay penalty, and they didn't listen.
i am going to put stop payment on my credit card for it,
i don't have other choice.

"Toshiba had to replace my hardrive within 3 months of purchase then within 40 days of getting it back the hard drive went again. They reopened the first repair order due to the error code I was providing but when they recieved the laptop they stated that the sensor under the cap lock key changed color indicating water MAY have hit the key. Could not determine if it was damaged but wanted $175.00 to replace keyboard before ANY warranty work would be done. Key worked before it left my home because I spent 3 days on the phone with tech support running recovery scans.. in my opinion they are simply trying to get back some of the costs for all the warranty work they have to do because they are making defective products. Funny how they were able to find the one key on the keyboard that the sensor went off on... and seems funny to me since the keyboard worked perfect before leaving my home."

"Bought a Satellite C650 just over 2 months ago. It worked fine for 6 weeks and now needs to go for repairs. I was just informed that I have to pay not only the shipping to the depot but also the return shipping and that there is no one who can waive the shipping fee. Seriously???? I just paid hundreds for a piece of junk lemon and I have to pay shipping to make it right???? Obviously this company cares nothing for its customers or providing decent products or making it right when they sell something that doesn't function."

"I purchased a Toshiba 32" IHD LCD television model 32A500U in 2008. In July, 2011, the picture feature failed completely although the audio was functional. I took the unit to a factory authorized repair shop; paid $50 for an evaluation of the problem, and was informed a week later that it would cost $300 to make the repairs. As this is almost the cost of a new tv, I declined. I then called and wrote Toshiba requesting some financial assistance in repairing the unit. Their response in all requests was that since the unit was outside their one-year warranty, there was nothing that could be done.

I am now faced with a $300 repair bill or placing the tv out for garbage (which is what it is). It seems completely irresponsible for a manufacturer to produce a product that has a lifetime of three years given the cost of that product.

Being totally disgusted with Toshiba's attitude, I will never purchase another Toshiba product again.

"Toshiba themselves does not care about their customers. I am quite irate about being so ripped off. Their laptop is unreadable due to such a small screen at such a high resolution. Money back guaranty. Right! only 5 days after my purchase, they would not take this piece of junk back. Phone calls get left on hold, emails get ignored, and posts get deleted. They may or may not fix a defective part, but a defective design, their attitude is ha ha we got you."

"I bought a Toshiba SATELLITE C655-S5060 for my son in Dec 2010. Within 4 months, the Hard drive crashed and now they want us to pay shipping fee to send it in for repairs UNDER WARRANTY. Don't buy a Toshiba as my other Toshiba has been sent in for warranty repair for the keyboard. Talking to my friends who have had Toshiba laptops, they all tell me that they had problems with their Toshiba's. So much for Japanese technology...I think they are all made in China with crappy worksmanship."

"I brought the Toshiba C655-S5193 laptop recently. In a months laptop hard drive failed and I have to spend another $30 bucks to ship the laptop to Toshiba even though the laptop is covered under warranty and the support website clearly say i don't have to.

I called customer service multiple time and no one could answer why is this and there is no escalation process either.

I small piece of advice for anyone looking to buy a neither buy this Laptop nor buy Toshibha unless you have a lot of money.

I have posted this review on Toshibha and they removed it.

Check HP/DELL or LENOVO Laptops.

Thanks
AJ

"Poor business ethics, poor customer support service.

I placed an online order last Thursday (April 21st) on a Satellite C650D-ST2N03 Laptop
AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P360, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), 3GB DDR3 memory, 320GB HDD (5400rpm), ATI® Integrated Graphics PSC16U-069036. It's a pre-built laptop which means, according to their web site (http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebtext.to?page=laptops-netbooks), that it ships within 1-2 business days. This was very important to me as I had to leave to Europe in 9 days. When I called them on Monday their Customer Service representative told me that Friday did not count as a business days (Good Friday) and it normally takes a-2 business days to process the order. She, however, told me that it is too late to cancel my order and that it will ship by the end of the day (Monday) but it did not. When I called them on Tuesday their Customer Service representative told me that it will ship on Wednesday, April 27th. By the end of the day on Tuesday, however, I received a shipping confirmation email. This email confirmation had missing (blank) tracking number. On Wednesday I tried calling their Customer Service again to request the tracking number but gave up after waiting for ~30 minutes. Then I decided to check the order status online and found out that the package was indeed shipped on Tuesday, 26th. After reading all the negative reviews about Toshiba business practices on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/Toshiba/page/1 not sure what to expect next... Very disappointed.

"Toshiba had the worst customer service ever. I needed to fix my laptop and called for customer service. I paid $35. to have them tell me I needed to send it in for repair costing anywhere from $299-$600. After being promised a refund they hung up on me. When I called back they said they would not refund my money even though their represenitive promised me they would before I paid. Im am a broke college student and they are liars who manipulate people and STEAL money. They were horrible and I will NEVER buy any of their products again."

"Toshiba is JUNK!!!

20 days after I bought this L675D-S7103 laptop a message popped up warning me of a cooling issue, instructing me to shutdown immediately and to return for service. Over 2 weeks later it came back from warranty service with the cooling issue fixed but it now had a new issue! They did bad job putting the laptop back together and now the mouse pad left click doesn't work properly. Toshiba wouldn't let me return the laptop after the first problem and still wont let me return it after the problem they created. They wont let me get it serviced at a local shop either. They claimed it would be sent to a "better" repair facility but would still take another 2 weeks to fix and get it back to me. This is not what I expected from Toshiba; what a waste of money. I should have bought a Hewlett Packard for hundreds less, but now I'm stuck with this junk! BUYER BEWARE! It looks like Toshiba is starting to use cheap internals in their products to save a buck; hoping they'll last till the 1 year warranty expires. Toshiba is NOT what they used to be!

"I ordered two Toshiba Tecra A-11 laptops last year and have had problems ever since!! The customer service is horrible, I now only deal with the local provider in our city since they luckily are under warranty. Otherwise, I would've gone crazy!! Both laptops hard drives have crashed unexpectedly, one within the first 3 months and the second a week ago. The first time we started having problems I called the service department and they were unhelpful and told us we would have to send it in since our warranty wouldn't cover a local provider. After calling several times and talking with different people I finally got someone that actually looked at our account and said we could take it in to our local provider without a problem! Good thing I didn't listen to the first couple of useless customer service/technician people.
We just ordered replacement feet for the bottom of our laptops as they have come off and it took two months to arrive and instead of shipping the 4 tiny feet in a padded envelope they mailed each foot in a padded BOX and then shipped all four boxes in a medium sized box. They charged $12 to ship the 4 feet that weighed less than a 1lb!! The feet didn't even cost that much!! Toshiba is useless with customer service and so far am not impressed with thier products. We will be going back to Dell!

"Save yourself ALOT (and I mean a ridiculous lot) of trouble and DO NOT call their main tech support line. If you do, you will have to spell your name 3 times (if you are lucky) and don't even mention trying to spell your address or email. Then you will wait anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. If they can't help you, you will be placed on hold again where the whole process repeats.

I'd recommend going this route:
1) Call this number: Tel: (949) 461-4321
2) If that doesn't work, open a BB report here:

Toshiba is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toshiba is not a merchant member
Toshiba does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!