Toshiba Coupons
  • Rating 0.67/10 33 reviews

Toshiba is not a merchant member
    Toshiba does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Toshiba contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Toshiba is JUNK!!!

20 days after I bought this L675D-S7103 laptop a message popped up warning me of a cooling issue, instructing me to shutdown immediately and to return for service. Over 2 weeks later it came back from warranty service with the cooling issue fixed but it now had a new issue! They did bad job putting the laptop back together and now the mouse pad left click doesn't work properly. Toshiba wouldn't let me return the laptop after the first problem and still wont let me return it after the problem they created. They wont let me get it serviced at a local shop either. They claimed it would be sent to a "better" repair facility but would still take another 2 weeks to fix and get it back to me. This is not what I expected from Toshiba; what a waste of money. I should have bought a Hewlett Packard for hundreds less, but now I'm stuck with this junk! BUYER BEWARE! It looks like Toshiba is starting to use cheap internals in their products to save a buck; hoping they'll last till the 1 year warranty expires. Toshiba is NOT what they used to be!

"I ordered two Toshiba Tecra A-11 laptops last year and have had problems ever since!! The customer service is horrible, I now only deal with the local provider in our city since they luckily are under warranty. Otherwise, I would've gone crazy!! Both laptops hard drives have crashed unexpectedly, one within the first 3 months and the second a week ago. The first time we started having problems I called the service department and they were unhelpful and told us we would have to send it in since our warranty wouldn't cover a local provider. After calling several times and talking with different people I finally got someone that actually looked at our account and said we could take it in to our local provider without a problem! Good thing I didn't listen to the first couple of useless customer service/technician people.
We just ordered replacement feet for the bottom of our laptops as they have come off and it took two months to arrive and instead of shipping the 4 tiny feet in a padded envelope they mailed each foot in a padded BOX and then shipped all four boxes in a medium sized box. They charged $12 to ship the 4 feet that weighed less than a 1lb!! The feet didn't even cost that much!! Toshiba is useless with customer service and so far am not impressed with thier products. We will be going back to Dell!

"Save yourself ALOT (and I mean a ridiculous lot) of trouble and DO NOT call their main tech support line. If you do, you will have to spell your name 3 times (if you are lucky) and don't even mention trying to spell your address or email. Then you will wait anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. If they can't help you, you will be placed on hold again where the whole process repeats.

I'd recommend going this route:
1) Call this number: Tel: (949) 461-4321
2) If that doesn't work, open a BB report here:

"Let me start off by saying that the owners of Toshiba are a bunch of PIGS! All they're in it for is to make money just like every company. Never have I experienced such horrible customer service in my life! I received my Toshiba L455D laptop as a Christmas gift from my parents, I had the computer for 48 hours before it was "completely destroyed" as put by one of Toshiba's support team members. And the reason for the complete destruction of said laptop is due to an update from the “Toshiba service center” named ”BIOS”. I figured what harm would it do to update my laptop with an update from Toshiba, after all,a it is the maker so there should be no worries correct? Well I was sadly mistaken. From what I could understand from their technical service support team member I had wrecked the motherboard. Simply by installing an update that was sent to me from Toshiba. Now I remind you I only had the laptop for less than 48 hours. So I was completely speechless when he told me that it was wrecked beyond repair. And of no surprise to me it was not covered under the 1 year warranty that comes with all of their laptops, but that’s how it always is with warranties nobody wants to pay up. What is really frustrating about this whole situation is the lack of compassion, knowledge, and general tone of their customer support team member. Basically he showed me no mercy; their support team “threw me to the dogs” so to speak. The demeanor that I received from him was “Oh well your problem now, you screwed it up now deal with it.” Never have I experienced such horrible customer service. Not to mention that the gentleman’s accent was so thick I could barley understand what he was saying. However I would expect this kind of treatment from a large corporation. That is how most company’s run these days once you, purchase their products they don’t want to “see your lights” again. That is unless you’re back to purchase more. What I fail to understand is “Why would Toshiba make updates like that available to people who are completely unaware of what substantial damage it could do to their computers?” I’m not quite sure if they are unaware but not all of the customers that purchase their products are computer savvy, they know the basics like everybody else would. From what I was reading about this update, it was a fairly complex one in which an intermediate computer user should have installed. As for that “completely destroyed” laptop I was able to take it back to the retail shop from which it was purchased, luckily it had not exceeded the 15 day grace period for returns on “lemon products” as the store calls them. Needless to say I will never purchase another Toshiba product on gods green earth, and DEFINITELY will not recommend them to any of my colleagues unless I want to look like a complete embarrassment that is. I've noticed all the reviews on here have the same tone "Toshiba sucks" and for those who are considering purchasing anything Toshiba related YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

modified review This review was modified by andremoreno214 on December 29 2010 04:33:46 PM

"Steer clear of Toshiba Direct and Paypal. Just another horror story on Toshiba… I wish I would have read these before I placed an order with Toshiba Direct. They book your order and sit on it until you call only to find out they can't fill it. Cute. Worse part is my money is tied up with Paypal who refuses to release it until Toshiba officially acknowledges that the order is really cancelled. Get this - Paypal refused to believe me and release the funds - interesting, oh yeah real safe way to transact folks - guess who they're really protecting. Ouch, my back-side hurts… "

modified review This review was modified by Cartrax on December 07 2010 06:12:30 PM

"I placed my order for a laptop on November 29, 2010. At the time of my order, the website showed that the laptop is in stock and would be shipped out within 1 to 2 days. I called and talked to the customer rep on the 3rd day and was confirmed that my laptop will be shipped out the next day. However, when I checked the website on December 3, the estimate ship date has changed to December 9. An almost 2 weeks delay! I tried the online chat support, the rep was very ruded and impatient. When I talked to the phone support, the rep is not willing to help either. When I explained the situation to him, all he offer was "Do you want me to cancel your order?" without actually trying to resolve the problem. Overall, a customer service nightmare. I would never purchase from the the vendor again,and I would not recommand the website to anyone."

"I ordered a Toshiba Laptop, in January, and it malfunctioned 3 weeks and 1 day later. They would not replace the computer, and now it is August, and I am sending it in for the 3rd time for repair. They replaced the malfunctioning system board and now I have no wireless access. Each repair means I am without my computer, which I use for work, for 2 weeks. I also have to re-install everything since they wipe the drive clean each visit. I will NEVER buy another Toshiba and will do my best to spread that message to others. Buyer Beware!!! "

"If you are about to make a mistake and buy a Toshiba laptop please understand that you will not receive any decent Warranty Service. Toshiba does not have a service center. They farm their work out to UPS Supply Chain Services. Upon receipt UPS aka Toshiba Notebook Depot will put your laptop on a parts "HOLD". while I cannot state that this is in all cases, if you Google "Toshiba laptop Complaints", it seems everyone's repair winds up on "HOLD". They can not be reached by phone either. You can leave a number at the Depot but they won't call you back. If you're lucky you can get your laptop back so you can repair it yourself or pay someone else. I didn't write this to badmouth Toshiba. As most businesses, they want to make money without providing after sales service.
So avoid this company's products if you can, unless you have money to burn. I didn't.

modified review This review was modified by IAMANIDIOT on December 12 2009 03:38:25 PM

"As with almost every other person here who's ordered a custom notebook from Toshiba, I've had major issues with my order. I initially placed the order on June 3, 2008 using my debit card online. I was not aware that my bank has a daily limit on debit purchases, which kicked back the charge. I just happened to check the status of my order a week or so later only to find that it had been canceled by Toshiba. I realize that my bank's policies have nothing to do with Toshiba, but at a very minimum, they should have contacted me as soon as they realized the charge didn't go thru. I have ordered 2 notebooks from Toshiba Direct in the past year and this has happened both times. It is inexcusable for any company doing business online to have such poor customer communication, especially since it's as simple as an email. I won't likely do business with them again."

"Last year I purchased a Toshiba 42HL196 FULL 1080p LCD TV through Amazon, or at least I thought so. My issue is not with Amazon, they are great, rather with Toshiba! Toshiba advertises this TV as a full 1080p TV, when in reality it is not! What it does do is up convert a TV 1080i signal to a 1080p, supposedly. But when I hooked up my newly purchased PS3, which gives a native 1080p signal through HDMI cables, NOTHING! In short, it is not a FULL 1080p TV as Toshiba advertises. I called Toshiba, and got many apologies from customer service reps! You should hear the nervousness in their voices, because they know it's a sham. SHAME ON TOSHIBA! I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!"

"I have been a long time HP user but for who knows what reason, I recently ordered a Toshiba laptop. In this day of credit card fraud, the better banks will sometimes put a hold on an account when they see suspicious charges. That happened to me. They saw charges from two very different locations in close time proximity. They placed a hold on it until they could contact me and verify the charges. During that time Toshiba tried to run the credit card for the computer I had ordered from them. When the approval was not obtained, they canceled the order and never so much as dropped me an email to notify me of such. Three or four days later, I checked my Toshiba account to see the status of my laptop, hoping it was almost finished being built. I saw that it had been canceled. If they had not had my email address and telephone number I could understand them not contacting me, but they had both. They just didn't care enough to contact me. I can only imagine the lack of support I could expect if I already had the computer and had tech issues. Since that time I have done some research and found that I am by far, not the only person that this has happened to. They may have great computers. I will probably never know. If you order one I hope you don't need customer care...because they don't care."

"Well, I have actually dealt with Several Toshibas at work, doing tech support, and they are nice, but not having a purchase order to actually rate them myself (and they weren't my machines), I did not.

But I rated them with my wallet, and my most recent notebook is a Toshiba. Ultra-high quality, beutiful screen, and lightning fast for only modest specs, as long as you aren't doing 3D graphics (Satellite A105-4001).

Anyway, after a bit of carelessness on my part (doing some long-term CPU intensive stuff in a warm room), the graphics chip went. Given this was the first time out of dozens I've dealt with, I can hardly complain about quality, it should have happened sooner, if anything.

Still, I went through the diagnostics myself, and I verified it was the graphics chip. I called the tech support, expecting to go through the whole thing again, including answering idiotic questions. I never actually dealt with their support before, and I was wrong. No idiotic questions, the agent had a brain /and/ used it. He asked me to do one thing I hadn't done, and replied with "Yes, your guess was right, it's the graphics, here are some service tech shops..." The whole thing took less than 8 minutes, and 4 of that was wait time (oh, and no phone system maze!)

Still waiting to get the notebook back, but given the quality I've had so far with dealing with them, and their prodcuts, I'm not worried. I will update when I get it back, if I remember, if I forget, it was a good run.

"Can't say enough good things about Toshiba--especially their tech support. I purchased a Tecra M3 laptop, and have been VERY happy with it! I've had a few problems with internet configurations (I travel a lot, so always in a different hotel/office, etc.) They have always been there for me and have always got me up an running again! Also, their tech support is NOT outsourced--I always get very pleasant and cooperative plain english-speaking tech reps. I only wish they made desktop systems--I'd buy one in a heartbeat!!"

modified review This review was modified by webtopia on January 30 2006 07:26:32 PM

"I don't know how Toshiba's tech support is, but if it's anything like their after-sale support/shipping system, I fear to send my laptop back. I ordered a new notebook on Sept 24 because my old one was rapidly flaking out (motherboard/ps issues). The online ordering system said 8-10 days build time; I paid an extra $30 for FedEx overnight shipping.

On October 11, much more than 8-10 days after ordering, I called customer support and was told that the notebook was shipping out either that day, or the next. The system finally showed as shipped on October 15 (a saturday, strangely enough).

With great relief, I went to check my invoice for the tracking information, only to find that the system is being shipped "UPS GROUND" from Shanghai China. Furious, I called up customer support and was told that "all our build-to-order notebooks ship 2-3 days out of China" -- then why does the website allow you to choose FedEx overnight as a shipping option? The support person offered to refund my shipping, as she should. Now the problem becomes how do I get my notebook? The closest UPS distribution center is over an hour away, and I can't make it there between the end of work and closing time. Adding to the problem, I live on a busy street and can't have them leave a $1500 notebook out for anyone to take. There's a reason I chose FedEx -- I can't say that I'm very happy that things have taken so long, or that I seem to get thrown a lie and an attitude every time I call Toshiba either. Here's to hoping the machine is better than this first step in the ownership process.

"I've had nothing but bad luck with toshiba. I bought a A35-s209 laptop from circuit city with a 2 year extended warranty. I sent the laptop to them the first time for overheating problems. Took a week and I had the laptop back. About 2 weeks later, my modem died. Called them up, they dident beleive me so I had to do some b/s test and it failed. Sent it in and a tech called saying nothing was wrong. Bull crap. I even had to tell him my dial up account to prove it'd disconnect. Well, the paper I got back stated the mother board was replaced, keyboard and I think the hard drive. Great! Its fixed, or so I thought. About a month later, it started overheating again. I called and asked for a replacement since it's a peice of crap anyways. I was transfered to their "replacement department". I talked to this woman who was some indinishian THING that couldent talk worth a crap. I explained my situation, and she said they'll just repair it even though I've had problems with the stupid laptop for the whole time I've owned it. I tell her NO, I wanted a replacement and that was final. She said that if it burnt my house down (cause it was running so hot), that it was MY problem and they wouldent do anything but "fix" the laptop thats BURN TO A CRISP! She said "I'm sending a box to repair it", so I just hung up on her. The next day I had a box on my porch. I just burnt the box and said screw toshiba.

Moral is: Buy a dell. They'll replace it if you have alot of trouble. Now the laptop just SITS in the corner because I can't use it or it will overheat. I bought a dell desktop for $855 when I paid $1500 for this PEICE OF CRAP. Thanks toshiba! You just cost me $800 because I can't use your laptop.

I'll never buy from toshiba again and I hope that toshiba is reading this.