ToshibaCoupons
  • Toshiba

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Bought a 42 " LED TV approximately 4 yrs ago for ;1,200.00 and hardly even used it. Now the TV won't work and I was told by the repair shop it needs a motherboard costing about $800.00, almost what the TV cost. Called customer service and they could care less. Seems this is a major problem with these TVs as I found by searching on the Internet. My other smaller Toshiba just did the same thing. i have a Sony that's twice the age and is on 24/7 and never had a problem. Bottom line, never buy a Toshiba TV!!! Piece of crap! Go with Samsung or Sony."

modified review This review was modified by Chancetika12 on December 24 2013 01:57:33 PM

"I just tried their support line and went in circles.
I decided after being on the phone for a half hour and they kept giving me another number it always ended up being the same recordings.
I was going to purchase one of their portable hard drives but after trying to talk with someone I decided not to by any of their products.
Horrible customer service.

modified review This review was modified by lalmeda on August 12 2013 09:19:04 AM

dianeaakin's Avatar
Pomona, CA

"I owned a Toshiba laptop for 10 years and it always was reliable. Never got sluggish like some of the other manufacturers models did. Also, my mother is the president of a fairly large computer club and has been for many years so when I decided to purchase a new laptop I asked her advise. She hears all he complaints. She recommended Toshiba because from her experience and the experience of her users they have had very little trouble with them and it is a much more open ended system then HP or Dell. She told me to NOT to buy HP because her users have had nothing but problems with them and having to send them back to the manufacturer to get them fixed and they come back not fixed. Many of users own HP's because of their price point. The Toshiba laptop I was looking at to purchase was exactly what I needed with the CPU power, hard drive space and memory. It was a line that they were discontinuing which was information I received from her husband after he researched it further for me and the price point was very good for the specifications. They stated that I would receive it in about 3 to 5 days and I received the laptop in 4 days. Here's the best part ~ I have had it for a few months and it is performing beautifully. I could not be happier. "

"I bought a Toshiba Satellite L875 and it crashed completely. It never worked properly. They refused to replace it and instead charged me $25 to ship it back to them for "possible" repair. Their customer service department is unprofessional and rude. They care nothing about quality. I will never buy another thing from them. "

"I am disapointed. A compter lasted 2 1/2 years before the motherboard burned. I am very careful with computers. It was never too hot. I use an extra fan to cool it. The fixing was more expensive than a new computer! what the... I wrote to Toshiba Japan. Never got an answer. They dont care about their customers. i will NEVER but Toshiba again and wil make bad advertising to it"

modified review This review was modified by artcor on December 15 2012 10:02:33 AM

"Bought a Toshiba satellite 550 laptop just over 2 years ago and the motherboard completely failed. Even after having it replaced it still did not work! Toshiba would do nothing...hid behind the fact that the warranty had expired. After owning many computers and brands over the years ....Toshiba is junk!! Their attitude is arrogance!! Buy a Gateway or Dell or anything but a Toshiba. Even filed a complaint with the BBB and they will still do nothing. Every other company has tried to work with me if there was an issue with their product...not Toshiba. What a sad commentary on this company."

"What I purchased - I was one that pre-ordered the Thrive 10 inch tablet.

Good - I have really found the full sized port useful from time to time. Specifically the USB and HDMI.

Bad - I am however unhappy with Toshiba's commitment to Android. They don't communicate with consumers about updates even if the hardware is capable of running it & the updates they have done always have issues. There are also some design issues of the hardware as well. The placement of the SD card makes it so if you bump it wrong you can loose the SD card. I have lost one. The AC adapter has issues. The plug easily breaks off leaving a piece in the tablet & requires you to purchase a new adapter. All of this makes me question Toshiba's ability to produce quality product & shows me they aren't committed to the products they produce.

"I purchased a $1K laptop from them. It was poorly constructed; one of the end pieces was attached crooked and you could see the inside of the computer through the gap! Unbelievably shoddy workmanship.
When I contacted customer service, they were quite rude. Apparently, my options are 1) I can return it and 2) I can return it and buy another one (And that will take ANOTHER 3-6 weeks). Wow - thanks for the help! [Don't bother asking for a supervisor, the same lady got back on the phone with me claiming she was a supervisor. I guess they think only idiots would buy their product in the first place.] NEVER AGAIN

"I have had nothing but trouble with my Toshiba Laptop that I bought at Costco. The hard drive has gone out on me three times. I've spent hours and hours on the phone trying to troubleshoot because they then make me pay to send it back to the factory for theoretical repairs. This 3rd time the hard drive went out I spent hours trying to get them to waive the shipping fee just out of respect for the hours and computer time I have lost and for having purchased a lemon. They wouldn't budge on their policy. I will NEVER purchase a Toshiba again. EVER."

"this is my last toshiba..shift keys are sticky, making capitalization difficult. And nnow the cooling fan is taking breaks. It's under warranty, but it has to be sent in...and gone for approximately 2 weeks!!! And i have to pay for shipping. I think the shipping is more than the cost of the repair. For a fan! There is no local place authorized to do the repair."

"i bought a recovery disk from them for $29.99. they didn't mention that the sale is final.
after one hour from the time i bought it, i called to cancel, they refused.
i even offer to pay penalty, and they didn't listen.
i am going to put stop payment on my credit card for it,
i don't have other choice.

"Toshiba had to replace my hardrive within 3 months of purchase then within 40 days of getting it back the hard drive went again. They reopened the first repair order due to the error code I was providing but when they recieved the laptop they stated that the sensor under the cap lock key changed color indicating water MAY have hit the key. Could not determine if it was damaged but wanted $175.00 to replace keyboard before ANY warranty work would be done. Key worked before it left my home because I spent 3 days on the phone with tech support running recovery scans.. in my opinion they are simply trying to get back some of the costs for all the warranty work they have to do because they are making defective products. Funny how they were able to find the one key on the keyboard that the sensor went off on... and seems funny to me since the keyboard worked perfect before leaving my home."

"Bought a Satellite C650 just over 2 months ago. It worked fine for 6 weeks and now needs to go for repairs. I was just informed that I have to pay not only the shipping to the depot but also the return shipping and that there is no one who can waive the shipping fee. Seriously???? I just paid hundreds for a piece of junk lemon and I have to pay shipping to make it right???? Obviously this company cares nothing for its customers or providing decent products or making it right when they sell something that doesn't function."

"I purchased a Toshiba 32" IHD LCD television model 32A500U in 2008. In July, 2011, the picture feature failed completely although the audio was functional. I took the unit to a factory authorized repair shop; paid $50 for an evaluation of the problem, and was informed a week later that it would cost $300 to make the repairs. As this is almost the cost of a new tv, I declined. I then called and wrote Toshiba requesting some financial assistance in repairing the unit. Their response in all requests was that since the unit was outside their one-year warranty, there was nothing that could be done.

I am now faced with a $300 repair bill or placing the tv out for garbage (which is what it is). It seems completely irresponsible for a manufacturer to produce a product that has a lifetime of three years given the cost of that product.

Being totally disgusted with Toshiba's attitude, I will never purchase another Toshiba product again.

"Toshiba themselves does not care about their customers. I am quite irate about being so ripped off. Their laptop is unreadable due to such a small screen at such a high resolution. Money back guaranty. Right! only 5 days after my purchase, they would not take this piece of junk back. Phone calls get left on hold, emails get ignored, and posts get deleted. They may or may not fix a defective part, but a defective design, their attitude is ha ha we got you."

Share Toshiba's store rating

Toshiba is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toshiba is not a merchant member
Toshiba does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!