ToshibaCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I am disapointed. A compter lasted 2 1/2 years before the motherboard burned. I am very careful with computers. It was never too hot. I use an extra fan to cool it. The fixing was more expensive than a new computer! what the... I wrote to Toshiba Japan. Never got an answer. They dont care about their customers. i will NEVER but Toshiba again and wil make bad advertising to it"

modified review This review was modified by artcor on December 15 2012 10:02:33 AM

"Bought a Toshiba satellite 550 laptop just over 2 years ago and the motherboard completely failed. Even after having it replaced it still did not work! Toshiba would do nothing...hid behind the fact that the warranty had expired. After owning many computers and brands over the years ....Toshiba is junk!! Their attitude is arrogance!! Buy a Gateway or Dell or anything but a Toshiba. Even filed a complaint with the BBB and they will still do nothing. Every other company has tried to work with me if there was an issue with their product...not Toshiba. What a sad commentary on this company."

"What I purchased - I was one that pre-ordered the Thrive 10 inch tablet.

Good - I have really found the full sized port useful from time to time. Specifically the USB and HDMI.

Bad - I am however unhappy with Toshiba's commitment to Android. They don't communicate with consumers about updates even if the hardware is capable of running it & the updates they have done always have issues. There are also some design issues of the hardware as well. The placement of the SD card makes it so if you bump it wrong you can loose the SD card. I have lost one. The AC adapter has issues. The plug easily breaks off leaving a piece in the tablet & requires you to purchase a new adapter. All of this makes me question Toshiba's ability to produce quality product & shows me they aren't committed to the products they produce.

"I purchased a $1K laptop from them. It was poorly constructed; one of the end pieces was attached crooked and you could see the inside of the computer through the gap! Unbelievably shoddy workmanship.
When I contacted customer service, they were quite rude. Apparently, my options are 1) I can return it and 2) I can return it and buy another one (And that will take ANOTHER 3-6 weeks). Wow - thanks for the help! [Don't bother asking for a supervisor, the same lady got back on the phone with me claiming she was a supervisor. I guess they think only idiots would buy their product in the first place.] NEVER AGAIN

"I have had nothing but trouble with my Toshiba Laptop that I bought at Costco. The hard drive has gone out on me three times. I've spent hours and hours on the phone trying to troubleshoot because they then make me pay to send it back to the factory for theoretical repairs. This 3rd time the hard drive went out I spent hours trying to get them to waive the shipping fee just out of respect for the hours and computer time I have lost and for having purchased a lemon. They wouldn't budge on their policy. I will NEVER purchase a Toshiba again. EVER."

"this is my last toshiba..shift keys are sticky, making capitalization difficult. And nnow the cooling fan is taking breaks. It's under warranty, but it has to be sent in...and gone for approximately 2 weeks!!! And i have to pay for shipping. I think the shipping is more than the cost of the repair. For a fan! There is no local place authorized to do the repair."

"i bought a recovery disk from them for $29.99. they didn't mention that the sale is final.
after one hour from the time i bought it, i called to cancel, they refused.
i even offer to pay penalty, and they didn't listen.
i am going to put stop payment on my credit card for it,
i don't have other choice.

"Toshiba had to replace my hardrive within 3 months of purchase then within 40 days of getting it back the hard drive went again. They reopened the first repair order due to the error code I was providing but when they recieved the laptop they stated that the sensor under the cap lock key changed color indicating water MAY have hit the key. Could not determine if it was damaged but wanted $175.00 to replace keyboard before ANY warranty work would be done. Key worked before it left my home because I spent 3 days on the phone with tech support running recovery scans.. in my opinion they are simply trying to get back some of the costs for all the warranty work they have to do because they are making defective products. Funny how they were able to find the one key on the keyboard that the sensor went off on... and seems funny to me since the keyboard worked perfect before leaving my home."

"Bought a Satellite C650 just over 2 months ago. It worked fine for 6 weeks and now needs to go for repairs. I was just informed that I have to pay not only the shipping to the depot but also the return shipping and that there is no one who can waive the shipping fee. Seriously???? I just paid hundreds for a piece of junk lemon and I have to pay shipping to make it right???? Obviously this company cares nothing for its customers or providing decent products or making it right when they sell something that doesn't function."

"I purchased a Toshiba 32" IHD LCD television model 32A500U in 2008. In July, 2011, the picture feature failed completely although the audio was functional. I took the unit to a factory authorized repair shop; paid $50 for an evaluation of the problem, and was informed a week later that it would cost $300 to make the repairs. As this is almost the cost of a new tv, I declined. I then called and wrote Toshiba requesting some financial assistance in repairing the unit. Their response in all requests was that since the unit was outside their one-year warranty, there was nothing that could be done.

I am now faced with a $300 repair bill or placing the tv out for garbage (which is what it is). It seems completely irresponsible for a manufacturer to produce a product that has a lifetime of three years given the cost of that product.

Being totally disgusted with Toshiba's attitude, I will never purchase another Toshiba product again.

"Toshiba themselves does not care about their customers. I am quite irate about being so ripped off. Their laptop is unreadable due to such a small screen at such a high resolution. Money back guaranty. Right! only 5 days after my purchase, they would not take this piece of junk back. Phone calls get left on hold, emails get ignored, and posts get deleted. They may or may not fix a defective part, but a defective design, their attitude is ha ha we got you."

"I bought a Toshiba SATELLITE C655-S5060 for my son in Dec 2010. Within 4 months, the Hard drive crashed and now they want us to pay shipping fee to send it in for repairs UNDER WARRANTY. Don't buy a Toshiba as my other Toshiba has been sent in for warranty repair for the keyboard. Talking to my friends who have had Toshiba laptops, they all tell me that they had problems with their Toshiba's. So much for Japanese technology...I think they are all made in China with crappy worksmanship."

"I brought the Toshiba C655-S5193 laptop recently. In a months laptop hard drive failed and I have to spend another $30 bucks to ship the laptop to Toshiba even though the laptop is covered under warranty and the support website clearly say i don't have to.

I called customer service multiple time and no one could answer why is this and there is no escalation process either.

I small piece of advice for anyone looking to buy a neither buy this Laptop nor buy Toshibha unless you have a lot of money.

I have posted this review on Toshibha and they removed it.

Check HP/DELL or LENOVO Laptops.

Thanks
AJ

"Poor business ethics, poor customer support service.

I placed an online order last Thursday (April 21st) on a Satellite C650D-ST2N03 Laptop
AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P360, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), 3GB DDR3 memory, 320GB HDD (5400rpm), ATI® Integrated Graphics PSC16U-069036. It's a pre-built laptop which means, according to their web site (http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebtext.to?page=laptops-netbooks), that it ships within 1-2 business days. This was very important to me as I had to leave to Europe in 9 days. When I called them on Monday their Customer Service representative told me that Friday did not count as a business days (Good Friday) and it normally takes a-2 business days to process the order. She, however, told me that it is too late to cancel my order and that it will ship by the end of the day (Monday) but it did not. When I called them on Tuesday their Customer Service representative told me that it will ship on Wednesday, April 27th. By the end of the day on Tuesday, however, I received a shipping confirmation email. This email confirmation had missing (blank) tracking number. On Wednesday I tried calling their Customer Service again to request the tracking number but gave up after waiting for ~30 minutes. Then I decided to check the order status online and found out that the package was indeed shipped on Tuesday, 26th. After reading all the negative reviews about Toshiba business practices on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/Toshiba/page/1 not sure what to expect next... Very disappointed.

"Toshiba had the worst customer service ever. I needed to fix my laptop and called for customer service. I paid $35. to have them tell me I needed to send it in for repair costing anywhere from $299-$600. After being promised a refund they hung up on me. When I called back they said they would not refund my money even though their represenitive promised me they would before I paid. Im am a broke college student and they are liars who manipulate people and STEAL money. They were horrible and I will NEVER buy any of their products again."

Share Toshiba's store rating

Toshiba is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toshiba is not a merchant member
Toshiba does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!