Write a review »
  • Rating 1.67/10 8,793 reviews

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
    TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • TigerDirect / Systemax contact information

• Business Hours: 7am - 1am EST M-F / 8am - 12 midnight EST SAT-SUN
    • Fax: 305-415-2149

All 13,519 Customer Reviews

"Hi,

Some time back, I ordered a 30 pack of blank Verbatim CDs, but the next day, I found a great USB stick I wanted instead.

I called your service desk and asked to cancel my order for the CDs and ordered the USB stick.

A few days later, not only did I receive my USB stick, but I also received a 10 pack of generic blank CDs.

I just wanted to say thanks. That was totally unexpected and really appreciated.

Tiger's the best!

WB

"Be careful dealing with Tiger Direct. On Monday, 4/29 there was a deal offering a 1 TB WD external hard drive and a copy of this Total Defense for $15 after rebate. This morning I went to look at the link and it was sold out, so no way to print out the rebate forms (software rebate was for $70, hard drive was for $20). I then opened an online chat session to ask that these forms be emailed to me, and the conversation went as follows...

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
You have been connected to Felben corod.

Felben corod: Thank you for contacting us today. One moment while I check your order.
Felben corod: Thank you for patiently waiting. Please refer to the link provided below for the rebate form. may I ask also your e-mail address so I can send to you the soft copy of the form.

Me: email address removed for privacy

The agent is sending you to http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/Rebates/TDI-10199.PDF.

Felben corod: I have already sent the copy of the rebate form to your e-mail. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.
Felben corod: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: Got it - thanks. But there was also a $20 rebate?

Felben corod: Unfortunately, there was no $20 rebate offered to this item.
Felben corod: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Me: There absolutely was. The $20 rebate was for the WD hard drive itself, while the $70 rebate was for the software.

Felben corod: Okay. Let me check that for you.

Me: Thank you.

Felben corod: Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, the $20 rebate promo for the hard drive was only for orders from 4/27/13 through 4/29/2013. Please refer to the link below.
The agent is sending you to http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/rebates/index.asp?Tab=0.

Felben corod: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Me: Since I ordered on 4/29, I should be eligible, right?

Felben corod: Unfortunately, our record indicates that you placed your order on 4/30/2013

Me: I'm looking at a confirmation email right now dated 4/29. I would be happy to forward it to you.
Me: Also, on the website, the order date clearly says 4/29/2013 10:43:53 AM

Felben corod: Unfortunately, on our record your order was placed on 4/30/2013 at around 11:59 AM

Joy: This is ridiculous. I don't care what your record says, I'm offering you proof. Can you help me or not? Otherwise I'm calling and speaking to a manager.

Felben corod: I apologize but I just relying on our record.

Me: I understand that, but like I said I would be happy to forward you my confirmation email with the order date. Will that work? If you can't help me, I will speak with someone who can.

Felben corod: Unfortunately, that would not work ma'am. Like I have also said, I am just relying on our record. If you need to talk to my manager, you may contact our hotline number at 1.800.800.8300 for assistance.

Me: I'll do that, thanks. And I'm never buying from this website again.
/End

But wait, it gets better. So then I give the 800 number a call and the representative tells me they sold out of the hard drives and that portion of the order has been cancelled. There was no indication of this before I contacted customer service – no email, not in my account information, nothing. To be fair, I have ordered from Tiger Direct once before, and everything was fine; but based on this, I’m never ordering from them again.

modified review This review was modified by susanne_joy on May 03 2013 08:33:35 AM

"Always quick, courteous, suggestive, and reliable...Tiger Direct is the first place we shop. "

modified review This review was modified by AnnSenerchia on April 30 2013 06:52:30 AM

"Tigerdirect has the following problems:
1. IT issue. Once you submit an order, you cannot made any change to the shipping address.
2. Unprofessional customer service agents. I asked on of the online agents (Mikelson Clemat) to change the address right after the order is submitted, the agents confirms the change of address, but the package is still shipped to the wrong adress.
3. Unhelpful customer service agents. When I called tigerdirect the next day to follow up, most customer service agents are not helpful. There is one or two supervisor who are relative helpful, but waiting time is very long.

Overall, I will only buy from newegg/amazon in the future.

modified review This review was modified by davidlee1245 on April 26 2013 10:43:03 AM

"I had a problem with the item I ordered from Tiger Direct. My emails were answered promptly and courteously and the problem was resolved to my complete satisfaction. A company worth dealing with."

"The site is hard to navigate esecialy when it comes to the checkout process. I had a hard time changing my address and payment method. "

"I will never use tiger direct again. I purchased a Razer Nostromo Gaming Keypad. 4 days later I checked and it was on back order so I contacted customer service and was told that they would have more that monday and would ship then. tuesday I see that its still on back order and stayed that way for 3 more weeks. when they finally got one in they sent it. 2 days later I check my tracking number and it had been sent back "undeliverable" even though Ive had many things shipped to that address some even from tiger direct so here it was 5 weeks after my order and I called and canceled my order it took another 2 weeks to get my money back in my account and then I notice that they charged me for the shipping! I mean seriously I got charged 12$ for parts I never even got so after 2 days threatening lawsuit and angry calls to TD they said they would refund the shipping ... another 2 weeks later... if you can buy from anywhere and i me ANYWHERE else do it"

"I truly believe Tiger Direct makes things difficult for you. I had bought a USB flash drive and a free cable for the TV, which Tigerdirect cancelled without notifying me. They had claimed that the free cheap USB cable was a coupon value error. But here's what made things worse: my wife had done the same thing in getting a free cable and $10 off a $25 item. Not only did they cancel the cable without any notification, but they had the gall to "correct" the error and ship the item at the full $25 price without any consent. This can't be legal. Extremely shady practices from Tigerdirect."

"If I am looking for something, I check them first. In the rare cases when I had to return something because the product arrived damaged or I simply did not like it, there were no problems in communicating with them and getting refunds or replacements."

"Not impressed at all with TigerDirect's business model at all. Ordered a game that was advertised as a great buy only to find a day later that the game sold faster than they anticipated and they cancelled my order. There was no attempt to reconcile the inconvenience they caused me and not even an attempt to back order the game for me. If they sold out of the game I should not have been allowed to complete the order. Every other retailer can set up their sites that way, why not TigerDirect?"

"I have been using TigerDirect.com for over 8 years , and have had nothing but great prices and customer service. Ordering is easy and fast , and if a unit was not as advertised, they made returning products easy and quick. They have a large assortment of computer and electronic parts and components. Great prices and fast delivery. I have no complaints and have always found this company reputable and honest."

"The product arrived a day earlier than promised and was reasonably well packaged. As it turns out, I returned the product for a refund because the video card actually made my display worse to look at (this was not the fault of TigerDirect).

The refund process was very straightforward and easy to complete. I was able to print out a return label and complete everything online without a hassle.

My only complaint with the entire ordering process is their pushing of the extended warranty option - once when ordering and twice while checking out is too many times to ask AND put a click-through graphic on the ordering page is all too much.

"I bought the PC Tuneup disc after pressure from the salesman. I used it, and didn't think it added any value to my laptop. I originally called to order additional memory for my computer - I did not like the pressure from the salesman to by an additional product. I have since sent in a form to have my money returned for the PC tuneup."

"TigerDirect has terrible service. The merchandise itself is fine. But the ordering process was terrible. When I asked for a simple price match, the wait was long. After they granted me a price match, they mistakenly sent me a gift card of $5. As of today, the issue still not resolved. It is only $5 but I am glad it is only $5.

By the way this is my first time and probably will be the last time (except to use the dumb $5 gift card refund)

modified review This review was modified by taiL on April 06 2013 09:42:56 AM

"Can't return item, only exchange which is wrong! Don't like the service, item, or return policies. I would not reccomend Tiger Direct for any thing!"