Write a review »

"TigerDirect shipped me a package with a wrong UPC barcode which doesn't match the UPC code requested on the rebate form. The rebate could be denied. I called them and was told that I need to take risk to apply for the rebate. Only after the rebate was denied, I could request them to refund."

"I went into the showroom nearby my home, looking to replace a television that had finally died. I saw a 46" Westinghouse LCD television in the showroom that I thought would be an acceptable replacement, and went to make the purchase. The showroom had no more of that television in stock. Instead, the service agent in the store directed me to the register, and had me order it online so that the television could be delivered to my door the next day. I received the television, opened the box and set up the television to find several of the pixels blown or malfunctioning. I thought I could live with it, but almost before my eyes, the bad pixels began to spread. After a day or so, I called Tiger Direct's customer service number, and told them of the problem. They gave me a Return Authorization number, and a UPS shipping label to return the defective television. UPS would come the next day to pick up the defective television, and drop off a new Westinghouse 46" LCD. Once UPS dropped off the new television, and picked up the defective one, I opened the box to find the LCD screen shattered. I immediately called Tiger Direct customer service again. They dutifully issued yet another RA number, and UPS shipping label to have the return process repeated. the next day I received the new TV, when UPS came to retrieve the broken television. I opened the new one, and guess what... it was broken too! Again I called TigerDirect, and asked if I could simply return the television and pick one up from the showroom. They told me that they could not because the systems are different, and they didn't know what the inventory was in the store. Because of that I repeated the return process one last time in the hopes that I would actually get a television that was not broken and free of defects. Alas, that didn't happen. I received yet another broken LCD screen. I then called Tiger Direct back to get a refund. I told the agent everything that happened, how I had to return 4 televisions in 7 days and that I wanted a refund. He gave me another RA, UPS label, and said that as soon as the broken television was received, they would process my refund, and I should see it on my credit card in 3-5 days. I tracked the package, saw that it was received in the warehouse the next day, and I waited for my refund to appear on my debit card. On day 8, I called customer service when I still had not seen my refund. The agent there told me that he was going to check on the status of the refund, and send me an email letting me know when I should expect the refund. No email was received. I called again the next day, and spoke with a customer service rep named Alex. He told me the refund was indeed issued, and since I hadn't received it it must have "gotten stuck in the system" and would perform a manual expedited refund, and I should see the refund the next business day (which would have been on a Friday). No refund was applied on that Friday or Saturday. I called again this morning (Monday) only to be told that the INITIAL refund was issued as a store credit, the "expedited manual refund" was initiated on Friday, and I would again have to wait 24 hours before the funds would appear on my debit card account.
Because of the lack of honesty, and miscommunication I will NEVER do business with TigerDirect again. All they had to do was to tell me that a store credit was issued in the first place and I could have/would have gone into the store and made the purchase. No harm no foul. Instead they kept that part from me and had me looking for a refund on my debit card that was not going to appear.

modified review This review was modified by BDG-Dissatisfied on May 20 2013 09:21:07 AM

"I bought a Samsung Solid State Hard drive from Tiger Direct last week. I was advised by the Tiger Direct sales rep that the Samsung was one of the best and should not have any problem instating it in my MacPro. The Tiger Direct dude also sold me the sled to attach the SSD into the HD bay.

First problem was the "sled" Tiger Direct sold me. It was way was too short. There was no way to use this in the sled.

So I installed it without it. Installation was not a problem. Within the 2 days I had several kernel attacks. Reading up on the reviews of the Samsung I soon found there was an issue with the Mac's. A firmware update seems to help some so I went to the Samsung site for the Firmware Update.

After the Samsung update I hoped I would be smooth sailing. I loved the speed and response it gave me. Only I was a little miffed the stupid Tiger Direct sales dude sold me the one SSD that everyone in the Mac world was staying away from.

The irony came when I tried to return the SSD to Tiger Direct. On a Saturday morning I visited the Tiger Direct store in Fort LAuderdale to return the SSD. I did not have the sales slip but made the purchase on my credit card so I felt I was safe. I had kept the SSD 2 weeks to give it a fair try and surely did not feel like making the return in the first place.

The sales clerk girl at the Tiger Direct told me I needed the original store receipt or Tiger Direct would not take back the return. I had the original bag and the packaging had been ripped but was still intact. A week later I found the original Receipt and went back to the Tiger Direct to finalize the return. Now, same girl, she tells my the original packing AND the receipt and required, and if I read the receipt I would have known that. Then she called the manager and all he did was reinforce the girls story. He suggested I try and sell it on Craigs List and promptly threw me out of the store.

I will never set foot into a Tiger Direct nor will I ever make an online purchase from you ever again. I am now stuck with a defective non-usable SSD and a bitter attitude from your dear store people. I will also continue to tell people about the abuse as well as posting my feelings in reviews. If I can stave off even 100 dollars from going to Tiger Direct my job is done.

"Hemm I hadn't ordered in a while from Tiger Direct. Now I remember why. I placed an order on a Monday for a Backpack that was Daily Deal SLasher and could not check the status of my order till Wednesday. By then the backpack I had ordered was back ordered. Fine I was thinking since I had placed my order very early the morning it would be shipped? Nope Still mind you I didn't have any email stating that the item was Backordered. I found out on my own. Kind of irritated by the situation I called to cancel my order. I was on hold for over 10 mins. That should tell you what kind of company they are. When Al picked up I explained my story and I asked to cancel the entire order. Since the items hadn't been shipped yet I felt that everything would be resolved. With Al confirming my Canceled order I thought I was done. Nope! Today Friday I have half of my order that I canceled with Al's blessing. Still being charged for Tax and Processing and Handling for two items that were suppose to have free shipping. I go to Tiger Direct and it still shows my order pending because of the back order. Never again will I deal with kind of incompetence. Lesson Learned. "

"Please contact us at customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com with your order details so that we may review and address your issue. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Tiger Direct

modified review This review was modified by CSatTiger on May 10 2013 12:08:21 PM

"Hi,

Some time back, I ordered a 30 pack of blank Verbatim CDs, but the next day, I found a great USB stick I wanted instead.

I called your service desk and asked to cancel my order for the CDs and ordered the USB stick.

A few days later, not only did I receive my USB stick, but I also received a 10 pack of generic blank CDs.

I just wanted to say thanks. That was totally unexpected and really appreciated.

Tiger's the best!

WB

"Be careful dealing with Tiger Direct. On Monday, 4/29 there was a deal offering a 1 TB WD external hard drive and a copy of this Total Defense for $15 after rebate. This morning I went to look at the link and it was sold out, so no way to print out the rebate forms (software rebate was for $70, hard drive was for $20). I then opened an online chat session to ask that these forms be emailed to me, and the conversation went as follows...

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
You have been connected to Felben corod.

Felben corod: Thank you for contacting us today. One moment while I check your order.
Felben corod: Thank you for patiently waiting. Please refer to the link provided below for the rebate form. may I ask also your e-mail address so I can send to you the soft copy of the form.

Me: email address removed for privacy

The agent is sending you to http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/Rebates/TDI-10199.PDF.

Felben corod: I have already sent the copy of the rebate form to your e-mail. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.
Felben corod: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: Got it - thanks. But there was also a $20 rebate?

Felben corod: Unfortunately, there was no $20 rebate offered to this item.
Felben corod: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Me: There absolutely was. The $20 rebate was for the WD hard drive itself, while the $70 rebate was for the software.

Felben corod: Okay. Let me check that for you.

Me: Thank you.

Felben corod: Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, the $20 rebate promo for the hard drive was only for orders from 4/27/13 through 4/29/2013. Please refer to the link below.
The agent is sending you to http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/rebates/index.asp?Tab=0.

Felben corod: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Me: Since I ordered on 4/29, I should be eligible, right?

Felben corod: Unfortunately, our record indicates that you placed your order on 4/30/2013

Me: I'm looking at a confirmation email right now dated 4/29. I would be happy to forward it to you.
Me: Also, on the website, the order date clearly says 4/29/2013 10:43:53 AM

Felben corod: Unfortunately, on our record your order was placed on 4/30/2013 at around 11:59 AM

Joy: This is ridiculous. I don't care what your record says, I'm offering you proof. Can you help me or not? Otherwise I'm calling and speaking to a manager.

Felben corod: I apologize but I just relying on our record.

Me: I understand that, but like I said I would be happy to forward you my confirmation email with the order date. Will that work? If you can't help me, I will speak with someone who can.

Felben corod: Unfortunately, that would not work ma'am. Like I have also said, I am just relying on our record. If you need to talk to my manager, you may contact our hotline number at 1.800.800.8300 for assistance.

Me: I'll do that, thanks. And I'm never buying from this website again.
/End

But wait, it gets better. So then I give the 800 number a call and the representative tells me they sold out of the hard drives and that portion of the order has been cancelled. There was no indication of this before I contacted customer service – no email, not in my account information, nothing. To be fair, I have ordered from Tiger Direct once before, and everything was fine; but based on this, I’m never ordering from them again.

modified review This review was modified by susanne_joy on May 03 2013 08:33:35 AM

"Always quick, courteous, suggestive, and reliable...Tiger Direct is the first place we shop. "

modified review This review was modified by AnnSenerchia on April 30 2013 06:52:30 AM

"Tigerdirect has the following problems:
1. IT issue. Once you submit an order, you cannot made any change to the shipping address.
2. Unprofessional customer service agents. I asked on of the online agents (Mikelson Clemat) to change the address right after the order is submitted, the agents confirms the change of address, but the package is still shipped to the wrong adress.
3. Unhelpful customer service agents. When I called tigerdirect the next day to follow up, most customer service agents are not helpful. There is one or two supervisor who are relative helpful, but waiting time is very long.

Overall, I will only buy from newegg/amazon in the future.

modified review This review was modified by davidlee1245 on April 26 2013 10:43:03 AM

"I had a problem with the item I ordered from Tiger Direct. My emails were answered promptly and courteously and the problem was resolved to my complete satisfaction. A company worth dealing with."

"The site is hard to navigate esecialy when it comes to the checkout process. I had a hard time changing my address and payment method. "

"I will never use tiger direct again. I purchased a Razer Nostromo Gaming Keypad. 4 days later I checked and it was on back order so I contacted customer service and was told that they would have more that monday and would ship then. tuesday I see that its still on back order and stayed that way for 3 more weeks. when they finally got one in they sent it. 2 days later I check my tracking number and it had been sent back "undeliverable" even though Ive had many things shipped to that address some even from tiger direct so here it was 5 weeks after my order and I called and canceled my order it took another 2 weeks to get my money back in my account and then I notice that they charged me for the shipping! I mean seriously I got charged 12$ for parts I never even got so after 2 days threatening lawsuit and angry calls to TD they said they would refund the shipping ... another 2 weeks later... if you can buy from anywhere and i me ANYWHERE else do it"

"I truly believe Tiger Direct makes things difficult for you. I had bought a USB flash drive and a free cable for the TV, which Tigerdirect cancelled without notifying me. They had claimed that the free cheap USB cable was a coupon value error. But here's what made things worse: my wife had done the same thing in getting a free cable and $10 off a $25 item. Not only did they cancel the cable without any notification, but they had the gall to "correct" the error and ship the item at the full $25 price without any consent. This can't be legal. Extremely shady practices from Tigerdirect."

"If I am looking for something, I check them first. In the rare cases when I had to return something because the product arrived damaged or I simply did not like it, there were no problems in communicating with them and getting refunds or replacements."

"As ordered. Delivered on time."

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!