• TigerDirect / S

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.71/10 3.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.26/10 4.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.83/10 3.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.56/10 3.56/10

"HORRIBLE SERVICE or more accurately NO SERVICE My company is moving to a new location, and I am switching to work at home, I have specific requirements for the system that I need. I found a computer on tigerdirect.com, ordered it and a webcam for meetings. the next day I get the message that my order has shipped, the following Monday I get my webcam, I log into tiger direct and find that the computer had been "Backordered" even though it was "In stock" on the site when I placed my order, called and spent 30 minutes on the phone ordered another computer (I finally had to give the agent on the phone a comparable Item numbers as he couldn't find one, I had the computer shipped overnight to be delivered today. It was but it was short on RAM was supposed to have 4 gig of RAM, it has 2, and will not pass the WinAudit to allow me to work from home. I called and got someone in the Phillipines on the phone, they said that I would have to contact the shipper, and that there was nothing they could do for me, and that there were no supervisors available. I am about to either lose my job or have to drive 200 miles a day round trip while I get this straightened out, which based off of the shippers pamphlet included with the computer will likely take weeks. This has been the single worst experience I have had dealing with ANY company online. And should anyone from Tiger Direct read this, don't advertise customer service if you don't offer it, and I am sick of calling you guys and hearing ""Thank you for patiently waiting"" everytime I am put on hold by one of your ""offshore"" agents. "

modified review This review was modified by JeffereyWatson on January 27 2015 08:39:34 PM

"this is the third time an order was canceled and the last time I will waste my time placing an order with tiger direct.com. I contacted customer service and chatted /w a rep who basically said sorry nothing we can do . I will stick to great companies like amazon who make customers happy for any inconvenience or even companies who apologize and try and compensate with a token gift card to use in the future anyhow this will be it for buying anything from this company ever again !!!"

modified review This review was modified by ceb3960 on January 27 2015 02:42:45 AM

"My only beef with Tiger Direct is their preventing you from knowing what the shipping charges are UNTIL the very last moment. That means you must first give them all your personal credit card payment info. I never let it get to that last step because I guess I don't trust them. I just dump their site and go somewhere else. Everyone else seems to show a large, prominent shipping calculator the moment you add the item to the cart. I know I'm very much not alone regarding this complaint."

"I had a problem with a monitor that arrived damaged and inoperable.
I spoke to 6 different people on the phone after waiting beyond the promised time for an RMA and a shipping label.
After speaking with the fifth person who promised me an RMA and a label within the usual promise of 48 hrs, I received an e-mail from noreply@tigerdirect.ca saying that the manufacturer would not approve a refund since it was out of their 25 day window from date of purchase and I was to call them. My first call to Tiger direct was 2 days after receipt of the unit with 4 subsequent calls within the 25 days. ASUS (the manufacturer was very cordial and helpful unlike the TigerDirect staff up to that point, other than the last person I spoke to,and advised me to ship the monitor back for warranty repair. I drove 50 kms and shipped it out. When I arrived back home I found I had received another e-mail (outside the promised 48 hours) with an RMA and shipping label attached. I have never dealt with such a painful endless loop of incompetence as this experience in my entire life. e-mails regarding this issue to Diana Francisco at Tiger Direct were more than helpful and she assured me that they would still honour my RMA if I wished to send it back after the repair. No doubt Tiger DIrect would just ship it to someone else scratched screen at all. Tiger Direct will not get a penny more of my money. They equate to quite simply thieves.
To reiterate however
Diana Francisco is simply the very best and dealt with my case personally and got to the bottom of it. She deserves to have her salary doubled. If only even half the Tiger Direct Staff were half as good as her, Tiger Direct would have kept my business which has amounted to literally thousands over the years. There is always another fish in the pond. Often the manufacturer's themselves sell the parts cheaper. Tiger direct has taken a downward spiral over the years. Clean up your act.

modified review This review was modified by deepdrummer on January 24 2015 05:54:02 AM

"I bought a power suppy at Tigerdirect.ca and had problem with it. Found out on the internet that this part was known as being frequently defective. I wanted to return it so I contacted Tigerdirect customer service to do so. In no time, I got a RA (returned authorization number), a UPS label and a refund on my credit card. TigerDirect is a great on-line store to do business with. I appreciate their customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by muguette123 on January 23 2015 05:07:02 PM

"Purchased computer for my business and bought the warranty from Square Trade as a precaution. Contacted them for repair December 2014. Two months later my unit has not been repaired. Promising parts on a certain date never arrived. Parts installed didn't work including motherboard, hard drive. Now ordering another hard drive with delayed delivery. I need my unit for my business now. When I contacted Tiger Direct they said it will be looked into but never called me back. Now they won't even talk to me. So sad to trust a business and get such low class customer service. I need someone that will look into my situation and get me a computer that will work. This is almost like a scam.
Vince Ducker

modified review This review was modified by VinceDucker on January 16 2015 07:39:04 PM

"Ordered two drives, one arrived DOA - not good.

However, contacted customer service, they shipped replacement drive immediately and provided UPS label to return DOA drive. No fuss, polite and efficient. Nicely done - turned an negative engagement into a positive one. 5 stars!

modified review This review was modified by happycustomer352 on January 16 2015 03:44:06 PM

"TigerDirect turned out to be a pretty good supplier. I was actually expecting it to be below par, but Google recommended it. So, I gave it a shot and found that it has many very good deals (particularly on electronics) and good customer service with a quick response time.
It is true that TD asked me to write a review, but only because I had already thanked them for good service. I would certainly, and in fact have already, recommended them to my colleagues.

"Terrible customer service. Never shipped a motherboard, refuse to refund even after I purchased a replacement from them. sent about 20 emails back and forth but they just keep asking for the same information (which I supply every time). Completely worthless customer service."

modified review This review was modified by arnolds_co on January 15 2015 02:44:54 PM

"I ordered economy bookends that in the write up in parentheses it said "set of 3" for the price. When I received package it only had 1 set. I called Tiger Direct and spoke to Rod at ext. 5873 about not receiving the other two sets of bookends. He told me it was a misprint on vendors website but checked with manager and got authorized to send other two sets of bookends to me. Thank you Tiger Direct for treating your customers right. Awesome customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by danerota on January 12 2015 02:16:13 PM

"When I saw the shipping charge, I called tigerdirect.com customer service to cancel. They gave me cancellation of order reference number. Now, they won't give me a refund even though I did not receive item."

modified review This review was modified by catallen on January 12 2015 06:49:48 AM

"Quick answers to my questions regarding game codes that came with my purchase, and the video card was a great deal. I buy from them often and have no trouble."

modified review This review was modified by mdolsen1976 on January 11 2015 04:38:31 AM

"Bad customer service. Emailed them like 20 times over a period of month and a half and still no solution to my problem. Every customer rep answers my question differently! They don't pay their rebate out if you pay with paypal! Don't buy from them! They banned me to comment on their facebook page also. They ripped me off $20 and no one cares there. Paying with paypal doesn't create an invoice on their site so you cannot send in rebate. I sent in Paypal checkout receipt to TigerDirect, but they said its not valid."

"Virtually all items include a REBATE which takes forever to receive and usually includes very complicated procedures to complete correctly (e.g. register with a credit card for an extended service).
Pricing is NO lower than AMAZON or NEWEGG which usually include FREE SHIPPING and NO REBATE HASSLES.
Trying to return or replace a defective item is virtually impossible. Whenever possible, TIGER DIRECT will turn you over to the manufacturer for warranty issues rather than replace items. TIGER DIRECT does NOT stand behind the items they sell!

"They can not follow delivery address on a purchase order. Even after we received their confirmation and we let them know what was wrong, they still shipped the product to the wrong address."

modified review This review was modified by JMACK13 on January 07 2015 04:56:11 AM

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!