Stores > TigerDirect

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2015-12-15

"I placed an order on 12/7 for a number of components for a new desktop PC; a week later, the only item that had been delivered was the one that had been on back-order. The rest were all marked "in the warehouse" or "at drop shipper".

Here's my most recent email to TigerDirect:

"It seems to me customers can reasonably expect certain things from an online retailer:

1. if an item is listed as "in stock" when ordered, it should ship right away;

2. if something changes such that the item is not available, the customer should be notified right away and given the option of cancelling the order without delay or fuss;

3. if the customer cancels an order, it should be cancelled without delay or fuss - there's just no good reason for the standard 2-3 day wait;

4. a customer service phone line should be staffed during business hours.

So far, none of these basic expectations have been met with the order referenced here.

I tried to arrange to have the as-yet-unshipped parts of the order cancelled when I finally got hold of someone by chat . . . but have had the standard 2-3 day delay imposed on me.

This is simply unacceptable.

I will continue to call and use chat until I am certain the order has been canceled and any charges for undelivered merchandise refunded to my card."

This review was modified by r-j-k on December 15 2015 02:04:59 AM

2015-12-11

"Worst experience. No customer service. Go somewhere else."

This review was modified by Joecrez on December 11 2015 03:01:38 PM

2015-12-08

"I placed an order for a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced which said 'In Stock'. I chose 2-day shipping which states it will go out same business day if ordered before 5pm. I called several times and sat on hold for over an hour each time just to get hung up on! When I finally reach a live person, I was told that this item is not available and not in stock. WTH! This will be the LAST time that I ever place an order on Tigerdirect.com. This company will not be in business much longer..."

This review was modified by tonyt76 on December 08 2015 04:50:20 AM

2015-12-04

"Putrid. I got an in stock alert and I'm on the east coast so I got sure am one of the first to place an order at 7am. The cpu remained "in stock" until 11am. I was back ordered.

They ask for your dob, ssn, street names you've lived on, your first born. Stay clear from here. I used to order off them before newegg existed.

2015-12-04

"I just saw some disturbing and bad ratings for TigerDirect, but my story is a good one. I purchased 2 monitors just before Thanksgiving. I noticed they had gone on sale. I contacted TigerDirect prepared to return the 2 monitors and purchase the on sale units from another vendor. I sent Customer Service (priceprotection@help.tigerdirect.com) and email about the situation, they sent me a refund to my credit card for the difference.
I'm very happy with TigerDirect for quick customer service with my issue. Thank you TigerDirect.com I hope to continue to have great experiences with my purchases from you!

This review was modified by ncnoah on December 04 2015 02:52:28 AM

2015-12-03

"I am only given them one star because there is not the option with Zero stars!! It's the worst company I ever dealt with in my entire life!! I order a dell (refurbished) computer with supposedly 500gb for $227.00. I thought it was to good to be true well it was instead I got a computer with 89gb of memory. I called as soon as I discovered the issue. First of all their call center is in the Philippines. These people fallow a script and God forbid you go off script. Well, short story long ....I told them the issue. They said they have nothing to do with the product that it was shipped from a third party vendor. The third party vendor sent the wrong item....Well ok I said I need a credit and a new computer sent. They told me they have to put in for a return label from the "third party" and to given 24 to 48 hours for that to happen. I did no response from them. So, I called back and after telling them I put a dispute charge with my credit card company they sent me the return label, but no credit as of yet. They told me they will send the replacement computer with the right memory free of charge and 2 day shipping. The two day shipping took 5 days. Once, I got the replacement it was the wrong computer again with the wrong memory. Again, they blame it on the third party vendor......How does this company stay in business? Do they care they are dealing with a third party vendor that doesn't give a damn and places the wrong the description?? Please don't do any business with this company....They never really resolved my problem to this date!! "

This review was modified by fx12 on December 03 2015 01:37:51 PM

2015-11-30

"I just spend 20 minutes typing this out to their social media pages. So, I'm not going to rewrite the same thing a different way:

TigerDirect has got to work on how they manage their business, or you guys are going to be looking for a new job in the next couple of years.

I placed an order Friday with 2-day shipping, which your site guarantees will go out the same day. Sunday, I email to inquire why my order hasn't shipped yet. She informs me that my item is on backorder, and unavailable, even though there was no mention of inventory issues when I ordered, and my Order Status page says "Status: In the Warehouse".

Tiger Direct should not be telling their customers that they have a product when they do not. But, I know that it was busy being Black Friday, and maybe your ordering systems and your inventory systems aren't perfectly linked up in real time.

That's fine. Stuff happens. In that case, you all should be contacting customers to let them know that you can't ship them their products because you literally don't have them. You should be asking them if they want to proceed or cancel. You should be offering full refunds on shipping in these cases. Even a robo-call or a form letter email would suffice. But, no nothing, like I'm just going to forget I ordered something with expedited shipping. So I went through the trouble of finding email support on your webpage.

I email back to ask how to cancel. She never emails back. This was around noon yesterday. Maybe she was working a half day and went home right after emailing me the first time. Again, benefit of the doubt. I know the world doesn't revolve around me.

Fine. This morning, Monday, I call the customer service line at 800-800-8300. I wait on hold for 20 minutes and 34 seconds. Finally, I get ahold of a CSR. I ask a perfectly simple request. Cancel my order that hasn't shipped out yet. I can't wait around for some indeterminate number of weeks for a product I needed early this week.

After about 8 minutes, he proceeds to put me on hold again for the next 22 MINUTES to figure out how to cancel my order. Finally, he comes back and says he can't do it personally, but he can send it the "cancellation department" and they will take care of it in the next 24-48 hours. Really? What year is this?

I'm really disappointed. This is my first time ordering through TigerDirect and it is looking like it is going to be my last. Prices are good, but saving $20 here and there isn't worth the indeterminate wait nor the hassle.

In contrast, I placed an order a very similar product on Amazon.com yesterday (Sunday). It was already in the mail at 1:17AM today. And, I know it'll get here, and I won't have to deal with any hassle. I should have just ordered through them in the first place.

At this point, I'm sure you can understand why my trust in your company has been broken. I will be keeping a close eye on my credit card statements, and will not hesitate to use the consumer protection measures afforded to me.

Thank you for your time.

This review was modified by TheScogg on November 30 2015 07:25:45 AM

2015-11-26

"Tigerdirect has by far the worse rebate programs. It is as if they go out of their way to assure that you don't get them. This just happened again, on a 64GB ADATA USB. $31.33 less a $15 rebate. Sent the required info, and got an email stating:

" Your Rebate was not approved for the following reason(s):
- Required Documentation missing-Copy of Clear or Legible Receipt/Invoice or Packing List".

Well, I sent what TD sent me, and I'm not going to fight for $15. I will just take my business elsewhere. And, if you shop around, it is evident that TD is no longer the low price leader.

Was a customer for over 10 years, and from the ratings they have on this site, many more feel the same way.

2015-11-23

"The current big promotion on the site is $25 discount using Visa Checkout. I started my order but at one point the site prompted me whether I wanted to apply a $10 discount to my order, Yes or No. Who would say No, so I clicked Yes. I was worried about Visa Checkout discount, but it said it was going to be applied automatically at checkout, so I checked out. I was disappointed to see that I only got the $10 discount the site itself.

I immediately emailed customer service. They responded back late next day saying they were canceling my order. Wait a second, I replied, I just wanted you to apply the correct discount! No response.

I called the next business day, spent 30+ min on the phone. They were no help on the price adjustment, saying it was my fault that I applied the lower discount, and now it was too late. Even though I emailed immediately after order placement. They also incorrectly said it was my fault for not using a Visa card, which is not the case (it says any major credit or debit card can be used with Visa Checkout). This mistake of blaming me was never corrected or apologized for.

Towards the end of the call, after about 25 min, the person mentioned my order was still in the process of getting cancelled. After all that time on hold! The rep was quite rude, openly snickering at some point, it was unreal.

I have a pretty short memory, but I'm going to try hard never to order from these guys again, and I suggest you do the same. 30+ mins on phone wasted, blood pressure raised, and these guys have no interest in keeping you as a customer. I may or may not get my order, I guess it will be a surprise!

This review was modified by AlexPasternak on November 23 2015 12:10:28 PM

2015-11-12

"I find it interesting how insanely negative the reviews for TigerDirect are. I've purchased about 100 or more items in the last year, most of which were free after rebate, and had only had TWO minor issues. Once, I received the wrong color computer fan, and was fully refunded. The second time, I just received an item that had the wrong model number and dealing with support has been fairly irritating.

The customer support is likely based in a foreign country, and must not have been trained to speak English very well. I felt that the representative and I weren't on the same page on whether or not the item I actually received would qualify for the rebate, so I had to ask the same question 3 times. After the third time, I was just told that I'd have to send the item back for a refund, without any acknowledgement of my actual questions.

I guess I also purchased an item once which was delayed a couple weeks due to back-order.

The point being, that I have no issues or worries whatsoever with purchasing further products through TigerDirect. The customer support may suck (it also does at most places), but at worst, I end up at base-0. I shop constantly for the cheapest deals I can find, and a couple quick emails every now and then isn't going to stop me from saving lots of money.

This review was modified by jjbhaveagoodtime on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-10

"I ordered a bundle with cpu, motherboard and memory which was not actually a bundle since the motherboard was backordered... The status on their website said it is in stock and I only found out after I placed the order. I paid for express shipping which they did for the items that they had in stock, but that did not matter since I could not used them anyway. I was able to cancel the mb after waiting for a while but they did not want to refund the extra I paid for fast shipping, which they should have. Save yourself money and a headache and do not make any deals with this website "

This review was modified by radugafencu on November 12 2015 09:11:01 PM

2015-11-10

"TigerDirect can suck a big one, back in July I ordered a motherboard their site showed as "In Stock", when in reality I payed for it and waited over a week despite paying for 2day shipping to call and find out that it is being drop-shipped (upon further investigation of people in similar cases, they have waited a month or longer for the item), so I immediately called and cancelled the order asking for a refund. They DID refund me, but now, 4months later, they are sending me an "Invoice" for something I cancelled.... I ended up ordering from NewEgg due to the b.s., and now TD wants to send me a bill in the mail for something I don't even physically have, yea... F' you TigerDirect.

This bill shows the invoice date of 9/29... The purchase before cancel was made July 6... Half-tempted to get in contact with someone to seek damages for wasting my time.

*EDIT*
After contact with TigerDirect, a customer service rep, Sylvester, has helped push this to management to get it cleared from my account. I will update this accordingly when that process is completed (I was given an est. 5days to completion).

This review was modified by sobewebmaster on November 12 2015 01:11:01 PM

2015-11-05

"TigerDirect is horrible!! If you place an order it's like a lottery whether it will get shipped or not. sometimes I've received a wrong item!!! their entire warehouse shipping process needs reconfiguration!!! I wish I could give them 0 stars for shipping process. "

2015-11-03

"They suck big time.
They always fuck up on shipping and give you the run around when you try to track shipments.
Ship incomplete items.
Never have a track record of previous calls, so you always have to explain yourself over and over.
I am never ordering from you assholes again.
They gave us some tracking numbers and they don't even show up yet on the USPS website.
they said within one day it should be visible it has been three days and nothin yet.

2015-10-30

"Have been a customer of TigerDirect for 15+ years and have never had a complaint until now. Placed an order for several pc components on October 22. On October 30 I contacted TigerDirect to inquire as to status of two items as yet not received. I was informed that the FX-8300 cpu was unilaterally cancelled without notice because the item would not be available until November 10. On October 30, typed FX-8300 into their search function and 62 hits appear with the FX-8300 item "In stock." And still have not received the T4 heatsink either. The customer service has severely deteriorated from previous levels. Tough to say it but avoid TigerDirect for now unless willing to accept delays and no communication.

BTW: Placed an order with Newegg on same day as TigerDirect and received all components the next day. No comparison between the two companies at the present time. Go with Newegg.

Share TigerDirect's store rating

TigerDirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect is not a merchant member
TigerDirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!