• Thrift Books

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.54/10 5.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.72/10 4.72/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10

"Terrible. After 8 business days, I emailed them to see where my book was. They emailed back it was delivered, and i should "check the tracking for myself". I most certainly did, and it was stuck in ILLINOIS, when I live in WISCONSIN! When I emailed back to confront them on this, and demand a replacement, then I get an email saying "oops our fault it's stuck in Illinois please be patient". Are you kidding me?? I will NEVER AGAIN use this terrible company. "

This review was modified by BrewsterHope53511 on March 24 2015 10:03:12 PM

"Oh my gosh, this is one of the best websites for buying books that I have ever used. There are multiple books I have recieved in very good condition. Those that have come in "eh" condition are still very worth the price. On top of a good deal, Thriftbooks is constantly having sales and coupons. I've also had a great shipping experience. The packages have always made it to me very quickly. However, I do live within a state of one of their warehouses, but a slow shipping time still seems completely worth the kind of a deal the website has. Seriously, I've bought a lot from Thriftbooks and I reccomend it. The only downside is the fact that their stickers occasionally leave residue on the spine, but they'll come off."

This review was modified by dominoes on February 28 2015 03:53:06 PM

"Quick yes! Good condition? No way in the world. For a company that boasts "millions of satisfied customers" I would hope that knew how to rate the condition of a book"

This review was modified by ZorrosBrother on February 28 2015 03:18:24 PM

"First off, Thriftbooks did not pay me to write this whatsoever. I saw a bunch of reviews on this website and was very terrified to try it out, but decided in the end to give it a shot.

Well, this site is amazing! I bought hardcover all 7 books of the Harry Potter series for around $28 with free shipping. The books came in 3 separate packages a week later. They were nicely packaged and I ordered the "good" ones but they looked as if they weren't even used! The prices were jaw-dropping and made me all excited because I am a book-maniac. I am very, very satified with this website and will definitely shop there again :)

This review was modified by BookLoverForever on February 25 2015 10:16:19 AM

"Amazing service. Books exactly as described on their site."

This review was modified by mitul_45 on February 19 2015 11:55:06 AM

"Greedy corporate, unethical, thieves.
Starts charging handling fees, cut and paste customer service replies, and you can never talk to a human. They are just pushing out crappy, worn books for Amazon.

This review was modified by Drainwater031 on February 19 2015 08:29:06 AM

"Always perfect.
Always a Great Value.
My GoTo First Choice EVERY time.

"I ordered a book and I am satisfied with the result. the shipping was free, I place my order 02/12 and received my book on 2/17 there was a holiday that week. The book is in perfect condition. It looks like new. I had no problems at all. I will use this service again and highly recommended it. that same book would have cost me $20.00 at Amazon I paid $5.57"

"Thrift Books Hello Leroy. I truly apologize that you have not received a response to your email about your incorrect item. If you could please send an email directly to sales@thriftbooks.com one of our customer service representatives will handle this right away. Again, I truly apologize".
Update: the above was their reply on facebook but have not answered 3 of my emails over 2 weeks time. I believe they are associated with Atlanta book co. and Blue Cloud books.

Like · Reply · January 27 at 2:02pm

This review was modified by Budsea on January 31 2015 06:19:57 PM

"I've purchased 27 books from Thrift Books over the past three years. All the books were as described and delivered promptly. "

"I ordered a book in paperback and they sent me an arc, which was fine, but I thought arc's weren't allowed for resale?? And the same thing happened again when I ordered another book in hardcover, and I got a paperback arc instead...I don't mind, but sometimes I'd like to get the book in the format I was expecting. "

"Very rude customer service. I took advantage of their Buy 4 Get 1 Free promotion. I received all four books fast in stated condition while one of them did not make it on time.

I contacted the customer service and a lady named Stephanie said that "something happened to the package " but never explain what that 'something' is. Then she claimed that a replacement order was created and shipped.

Few days passed, I contacted her again for the replacement updates. She said that something was wrong with my address.

Now it sounds funny. I personally work at an online retailer and I shop online more than I go to physical store. Never had I have any issue with my address, and now it happens twice with this single order?

I replied and asked what she could do to solve the problem and she said a refund was issued.

Many hours later I check my order detail in Thriftbook, as well as credit card statement and I found no refund from them.

I contacted her again, telling her how funny I feel and if she could provide a shipment proof of my second order.

She can never provide a proof of second shipment. While claiming that she has issued a refund.

Finally, she forwarded a refund notification of $2.39 which the time on the notification shows that it was just issued!

I asked her how did she get the amount of $2.39. Her response was "the lowest priced item in the purchase was ironically was the same item that went missing."

Oh wow, IRONICALLY the lowest amount was $2.99, not $2.39!!

It is not that I want to bug their customer service for that small amount. It is that as a consumer, I feel cheated, lured and wasn't respected. They run the promotion, but never ship the free book as promised. The customer service was horrible, and they should get rid of that Stephanie lady.

I was thrilled when I found this site. Lots of selection at good prices. After this? I am considering to spend my money else where.

Updates - the fifth book finally arrived. All these could have been avoided had Stephanie could provide a shipment tracking number. They seriously need to improve their customer service.

This review was modified by puihan1204 on December 25 2014 07:08:58 AM

"Ordered a book from Thrift Books on 12 Nov, they state delivery takes 15-20 days. On 10 December I file a contact form to ask where my book is. No reply in 5 days. Will keep away from them in the future. "

"I'm so glad I found thrift books.com!!! I am a collector of Stephen King books. There were several that I was having trouble finding and when I did find them they were too expensive. I purchased seven books from the site, all of which came in the condition they were listed in. I only paid $26 for all of them and got free shipping. On top of that I got 50 cent off for each additional book after the first. That saved me another $3. Thank you so much for making me a happy happy lady!!!"

"good service so far I will order again"

Share Thrift Books's store rating

Thrift Books is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Thrift Books is not a merchant member
Thrift Books does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!