Stores > Thrift Books

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

2016-02-03

Free delivery means shipping will take the sloooooooow boat or sit in dist center for 3 weeks

"I was looking for a older book and I found what I needed (plus several others) on Thriftbooks.com at a very reasonable price. Since I ordered oner $10.00 worth of books, I got free shipping..Be careful what "free" means, because you may be waiting for a very long time to receive your books. I ordered the books on January 22nd and as of today (Feb 3rd) I still have not received the books. I contacted the company via email and received a "form response" stating it can take from 4 to 15 business days to receive order. Since this is not what I was requesting (I was trying to find out why the tracking numbers wouldn't give me any information on where the package was), I sent another email and finally received a "person response" and he did give me more of an update. I could not understand why the package took 5 days once it left Thriftbooks to get to the DHL shipping area which is in the same city (and I stated on email that I understand there was a big snow storm happening) but 5 days to go across town? Then it took another 3 days to actually ship from the dist center. Then another 4 days to get to the a USPS "dist. center" about 300 miles away from us and still no update on our order. Do not try to use the "tracking numbers" given to you (DHL or USPS) because they are not valid according to the DHL and USPS websites. I would have gladly paid the shipping charges to get my package sooner than 14 working days (which is actually 19 t0 20 days total) if we actually receive in that time. It should not take 3 weeks to receive something shipped from MD to WI, not in this day and age. The prices are very good but the shipping is terrible. When I order books, I get excited and want to read them as soon as possible. "

This review was modified by georgie123 on February 03 2016 08:06:19 AM

2016-01-29

Pretty Disappointed

"Although I'm quite satisfied on the shipping and how it arrived here so quickly, I'm pretty disappointed in the condition that the book came in. I ordered a paperback that was described to be in 'Very Good condition' but it's bent and warped. I don't know if the book was already like that before I ordered it, or if there was careless people involved in shipping it here. The pages themselves look old. I've brought books from Thriftbooks before and my past experiences have all been great, I've even brought paperbacks from them and they were all in excellent shape, even better than they were described. So yes, I'm quite disappointed."

This review was modified by avidreader1111 on February 01 2016 09:43:49 AM

2016-01-02

"It was a good, easy to navigate experience."

2015-12-26

"Horrid customer service - no way to speak to an actual human being. Paid for 2 day shipping and it took 5 days to arrive.

They also do not guarantee that the book that you ordered is the one you will receive - what?! How does that make any sense?!

Horrid company - avoid at all costs. Go to Amazon for your orders (and make sure it's not coming from them, as they also sell on Amazon!)

This review was modified by Bella3478 on December 26 2015 03:02:08 PM

2015-12-17

"Love Thriftbooks!!! Great books, great prices an Awesome customer service!!!"

2015-12-15

"They are a sham, they charged 5 times the shipping rate to send a book. There customer service is rude, I will never use nor recommend them to anyone for anything. "

This review was modified by jasonsloan5 on December 16 2015 07:48:47 AM

2015-12-02

"I L-O-V-E your Thrift Books website.
Great selections, great service and best yet GREAT prices.

2015-11-25

"Thrift Books is an amazing site. Quality books for a great price and fast shipping"

2015-11-25

"I am in love with this website. "

2015-11-13

"My books arrived in a timely manner and were in very good condition. "

This review was modified by jess0krebs on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-12

"The site was easy to order from. The books that were ordered came in the shortest amount of time possible. The books ordered were in the condition described."

This review was modified by stmarekierstead on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-12

"Quick delivery and product as described."

This review was modified by kathywgeorge on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-11

"I've ordered many books and been very pleased with price and conditions. My only problem, which very probably started with me in in the loss of ordered books, due to incorrect address. Did I enter my address incorrectly, probably? However the first time the issue was resolved and I ordered again. Somehow when I ordered after the correct address was defaulted by the incorrect address and here I am waiting for a response from customer service, several weeks later. I must admit, I've only sent 1 email informing of the lost books. I did contact the carriers and was told they were shipped back, however 1 of 3 books did make it to my home. So my shopping has stopped on this site, Thriftbooks.com for now.

This review was modified by martinajhill on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-11

"I purhcase books on a regualr basis from Thrift and really enjoy the ease of doing so."

This review was modified by stacy_cash on November 13 2015 07:44:01 AM

2015-11-11

"Thrift Books provided absolutely excellent service!"

This review was modified by jakee1103 on November 13 2015 06:22:01 AM

Share Thrift Books's store rating

Thrift Books is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Thrift Books is not a merchant member
Thrift Books does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!