Product & services pricing Rating 7.28/10 7.28/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.94/10 5.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.76/10 6.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.23/10 6.23/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.84/10 4.84/10

"The Star Rating is misleading. Should be one out of five, but can seem to change it. I had to change my opinion BACK to my original feedback. But first, my complaint (the second one.) After I posted a rather scathing feedback, I was called and bribed to change my feedback and in return get a twenty dollar refund (the cost of what I had to pay extra for the two batteries I ordered after a bait and switch email/call.) To date, that refund never came so as far as I concerned, this edit of an edited review will be worth the twenty dollars and hope it saves some poor soul their hard earned money. Had I read the on-line comments I would have saved over $100! Don't bother calling me again, I won't be duped a second time."

"This is the second order I Placed and today they call and told me it was back order and try to sell me a different product. I didn't accept so they could not charge me. Be careful this is a common practice for this company."

modified review Rep reply posted May-01-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

““““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

"I had a great experience. The item I wanted was back ordered so they suggested a substitution and had it express-shipped at their cost."

"Customer service was great. Shippment was fast. Got what I needed at a great price. Would order from here again. "

"I ordered a Canon brand 4-battery charger. They tried calling me about an issue with my order the next day, but I was offshore and told them to e-mail me about the issue. They never did, and a few days later I receive a 2-battery off brand charger in the mail. While the charger sent is on Amazon for roughly the same price I was charged, I had my reasons for ordering a Canon charger. I have e-mailed a request for a return authorization and will post the outcome here.

Customer service contacted me promptly and said I received someone else's order, and I could return it or keep it and they would credit $10 back. That is a satisfactory solution to me.

"Bait and switch operation. Price looked too good to be true. Sales rep called right after placing an order, said the item was on "national 3 week back-order", confusing Canon and Sony in the process, tried to sell me a generic kit.
Avoid.

modified review Rep reply posted May-01-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

““““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

"I WOULD ORDER FROM THIS STORE AGAIN, I WAS HAPPY WITH THE WAY THEY HANDLED MY ORDER FOR A CANON BATTERY. MY BATTERY WAS NOT INSTOCK SO THEY OFFERED ME SIMILAR BATTERY AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE. THE BATTERY WORKS FINE.

"TL;DR: I got my item, well packed, and as advertized. It took more work than the price was worth. They are not a nikon authorized dealer, so stated nikon warranties are invalid. (here's the list from nikon:http://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf)

Thoughts:
* The bait and swap thing is real. If it seems too good to be true, it is. Maybe that's ok for you, there are plenty of generic products that are great.
* My product came without a warranty card, likely because they aren't a nikon authorized dealer, so there is no warranty.
* The 2 folks that I talked to seemed to drowning in lies required to feign legitimacy. I felt bad for the late night caller, he really embarrassed himself.
* I saved $30 over a trusted, well reviewed retailer, I'll stick with them in the future.
* I don't really care about the shipping delay or the missing batteries, and if any of the stories had matched up I'd have been 100% fine. (I also happen to know that the initially expressed delay is BS, but that's more to point #1)

Full story:
I bought a nikon sb-700.
Having read about the baiting and swapping going on here, I emailed sales@ to inquire if the item I wanted was in stock and able to ship in the 1-2 days quoted. I received back "yes".
I ordered the product about an hour later(12:00 EST) and all seemed well.

At 9pm EST (local time for me and the shop) I received a call regarding my order, seems there was suddenly a nation delay from nikon. I asked to cancel the order, cited these reviews, the email I received earlier, and my general need for an online retailer to be honest. After several minutes of attempting to convince me that "if you wanted it quickly, you shouldn't have selected three dollar and ninety nine cent shipping"(verbatim). When that failed he became belligerent and offensive. Finally I told him "cancel the ***king order, I don't do buisness with liars". He slammed the phone down and a cancellation notice was emailed.

Having gotten a whiff of thug, I called my bank and re-issued the card I used, then I posted here.

The next morning I got a call from the laconic gentleman I first emailed. He apologized, and told me he had the part "in hand" and that if I'd give them another chance he'd ship it out "today", he'd also throw in a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger for my trouble. He also asked to change the scathing review (which was fair).

After some shenanigans on my side I was able to provide him another credit card number(this time a throwaway just in case). That was Fri (before Easter).

The shipping order was created on monday after I emailed, and the unit was finally shipped on wed and received on friday in good working order but lacking the promised batteries and charger.

"OK, It is clear, like many of the reviewers have indicated, this is a classic "bait and switch" operations and the consumers must not get sucked into this. I was, and will never, ever, do business with them again.

My case is almost identical to all the other negative reviews with an added twist. I, too, ordered the Canon 430 ex II advertised as "In Stock" on the website, only to get a phone call the next day indicating it was on 4 week backorder. They convinced me to buy the Sigma 610 super for a great deal of $249.00. I later discovered that I could get the same flash on Amazon for $225.00. I wrote a terrible review of the company indicating bait and switch, only to get a phone call a few days later from their rep apologizing and indicating that they try hard to fulfill all orders and that if I would remove the negative review they would refund $30.00 that would make my Sigma less than Amazon's price. I asked when I would get my refund. He said immediately after I remove the review.

Well I removed the review that same day and here it is over a week later and I still have not received the refund. I called the company the next day to inquire about the status of my refund, but got a recording saying the company would be closed for two days. I called again several days later on a Monday, and again the recording indicated that they will be closed until Wednesday.

I am therefore re-writing my review. After reading all the reviews, it is obvious this company is comfortable scamming their customers and then try to buy them off to keep the negative reviews down. And then, talking about arrogance, after each negative review they post a pathetic disclaimer about trying to fulfill all orders. (If this is the case, why do they consistently claim items are "In-Stock" when it is obvious that they are not).

I don't understand how this company is allowed to continue these deceptive practices. Everyone who have had this experience, and it seems that there are many, should file a complaint with the BBB, and find as many ways as we can to get the word out. Do not patronize this company, instead stick with companies like Amazon, who will stand behind the product, give you what you want without all the BS.

modified review Rep reply posted May-04-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“““““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

A customer care specialist will be in touch with you soon. Kindly check your email/voicemail””

"In March 2014 I ordered 2 Genuine Nikon EN-el3 batteries because the price was so much lower than other vendors. Shortly after placing my order I received a phone call from a sales rep who said that the batteries were backordered for several weeks, but that he could sell me 2 Bower batteries that were just like the Nikon batteries because Bower manufactures the batteries for Nikon. When I stated that I've had bad luck with third party batteries he said: don't worry, these batteries will perform exactly as the Nikon batteries do because they have the chip. And if you are not satisfied, you can return them for a full refund. I took a chance and let him sell me these batteries. When, I discovered that the Bower batteries didn't perform like the Nikon batteries and tried to return them, an extremely rude and belligerent customer service rep essentially told me tough s**T. You can't return batteries that had been opened. Well, how would I have known that the batteries didn't work as promised unless I opened the package? So, having no other recourse, I wrote a bad review.
The day after I wrote my original, bad review, I received another call from another customer service rep who told me that if I changed my bad review to a 5 star review I would receive a $40 refund and could keep the batteries. I did as he asked, changed the review from a poor rating to a 5 star rating, and a month later, I still haven't received my refund.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY PRACTICE BAIT AND SWITCH, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AND THEY WILL OUT AND OUT LIE TO GET YOU TO MAKE A PURCHASE. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: BUY FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER AND REMEMBER, IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS PROBABLY A SCAM.

"I ordered a Canon Speedlite in December, was on backed order, offered an alternative product. Declined. Decided to re-order in April. Thought I would check on line reviews. Almost all were orders were on back order and was offered an alternative product. I not sure if this is the true definition of bait and switch, but it seems to be their normal business practice. UPDATE 4/13/14 I just re-ordered the Canon 403EX11 Speedlite, Was told it was in stock and will shipped today and should arrived in about 7 days. When it arrives will change review to reflex new opinion.UPDATE 4/17/14 I received my order today, it was exactly what I ordered, was new with USA warranty. I'm changing review to 5 stars"

"As like all the other reviews I ordered a product, received a call that it was on back order but they would ship a comparable one which I agreed to. My mistake. Item is listed as new, but arrives in an unsealed box and has no instructions provided with it which tells me it's not new. The item is a flash for a camera and right out of the box it makes a rattling sound like a loose screw inside this signals cheap nock off. Run, run, run. If I would have read the reviews first I would have never ordered from them. Thanks for screwing up my wife's birthday The Estore Online RIP OFF company!!!! Since this review, I have been contacted from the store and at first they offered to send me another flash. I declined and asked to return it for a refund. They told me I could only get a refund if I changed my review which I refused to do and they got angry, cussed me out, told me to call back and talk to a manager about the return and hung up. I will try the manager route but my hopes are not very high. Again use this company at your own risk. You've been warned!!! I have now tried all avenues to get a refund with no luck. They hide behind there return policy which they don't tell you about while they switch your order. Again DANGER, DANGER if you use this company. It was a 213 dollar lesson for me but hopefully this review will save some of you. Preferably all of you!! You know the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true.......""

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-13-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

"Classic bait and switch operation. Price was too good to be true. Operator called me within minutes to say the Nikon Speedlight I ordered was backordered and they would send me a "better" Vivitar Speedlight instead. I asked if I could return it and they said "Yes if it is unopened within 14 days".

I decided to return it but they delayed the return process every way possible. Even after I returned it by Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation, I still had to call my credit card company and dispute the charge. 10 days after receiving the package they finally issued a refund.

They wouldn't tell me how to return the package until I changed my original review and accused me of "you vey [sic] not nice !!!". Well my review is back and better than ever. I'm very nice to people who don't do false advertising and provide good customer service.

AVOID THIS COMPANY

"Ordered an item and it was not in stock. They have since contacted me and have said they have processed a credit to my charge account. The credit so far has not showed on my account. Credit for account has been posted. Thank you for taking care of this."

"Wanted to express my compliments to Theestoreonline.com.
Via a personal phone call and also on email,Theestoreonline.com notified me that the product I ordered was on backorder for up to 4 weeks.
Due to my urgent need of the product, I immediately responded with a returned call.
Customer Service / Sales Representative explained the situation, details of my backordered product, made suggestions and offered the substitute product.
Initially, I was unwilling to purchase the substitute due to the increased price and noted other options on the internet.
However after our discussion, they were willing to be more competitive than the other internet websites.
Theestoreonline.com clearly takes care of their customers and reputation!
Amazing customer service and support! I am so impressed, I asked if I could write a review to share my positive experience with others!
Thank you Carter & Theestoreonline.com

Theestoreonline.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Theestoreonline.com is a merchant member
Theestoreonline.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.