Product & services pricing Rating 7.09/10 7.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.28/10 6.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.89/10 5.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.56/10 4.56/10

"I purchased a Nikon el-14 here's my review

If you have certain Nikon digital camera models, this Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery will be the one that you want, and putting it simply, don't accept any substitutes. There are some here on Amazon and other sites that that say "Compatible with Nikon EN-EL14 Li-Ion Battery" or "For Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery DSLR." Some come in kits with filters, camera bags and the like, but if you're not careful, you may have reason to be sorry, as will be explained further on.

The EN-EL14 fits and is made specifically for the following Nikon digital cameras:

? D3100
? D3200
? D5100
? COOLPIX P7000 (but see compatibility note below)
? COOLPIX P7100
? COOLPIX P7700

Functionality:

The EN-EL14 is a rechargeable Li-ion battery that powers select Nikon DSLR and P-series cameras as noted above, providing 7.4v and 1030 mAh of power. It only takes an hour and 30 minutes in order to have a fully charged battery, and once this is completed, the charge lamp on the Nikon MH-24 Quick Charger should stop blinking, and you'll see a solid light. In use, this battery will actually improve in performance after several charge cycles; having a spare never hurts.

In actual use, I'm getting between 320 and 350 shots per charge with the Nikon COOLPIX P7100 and with the COOLPIX P7700. When shooting videos, which I rarely do, using a fully charged EN-EL14 battery will give an approximate of two hours to 2 hours and 45 min, recording at HD 720.

Used together with the above Nikon models, the camera's battery gauge accurately displays the remaining charge, and some display number of shots since the last charging. The EN-EL14 even gives notice when calibration is necessary.

Compatibility:

The original Nikon EN-EL14 Li-Ion battery will work with all six of the above cameras as of this writing, and more may follow later. But note that there are cheaper 'clone' batteries that may or may not claim to work with these cameras, but they will not work with the Nikon D3100, D3200, D5100, COOLPIX P7100 or COOLPIX 7700. The 'clone' batteries may or may not work with the Nikon Coolpix P7000 depending on the firmware version, but you may need to check with Nikon on this.

There are some who have managed to find various work-arounds to this, namely with the use of various battery grips, but that is entirely up to the individual to try, and I offer no opinion of this method when it comes to the models that use this battery. That's your avenue to explore if you choose it. When a single clone battery is used with some of the above Nikon models, there may be a message that's displayed stating that the battery is not compatible and the camera will not function. If you're not sure as to whether your EN-EL14 Li-Ion battery is a Nikon original, check some of the images that have been posted with this product page.

Summary:

When this review was originally written, the Nikon EN-EL14 Li-Ion battery was in short supply, and placing an inquiry with Nikon, they confirmed this to be true. Most of the seemingly speculation seemed to point to the surprisingly strong popularity of the Nikon D3200, which frequently hit back-ordered status. Subjectively speaking, I can only say that it's worth having some patience, as quality-wise this battery has proven to be what I would expect from Nikon. It may be more expensive than some of the alternatives, but it works.

Please also see my Comments section here regarding how Japan's DENAN regulation (Electrical Appliance and Material Safety Law) is being extended to cover additional high-tech products, including Li-Ion batteries, as this not only deals with safety but supply as these new laws are being enacted.

This battery is the replacement for the Nikon COOLPIX P7700 which is the new flagship of Nikon's Performance series of compact digital cameras. For those who already own one of the Nikon models mentioned earlier in this review and may be sitting on the fence while considering an advanced compact digital camera, this is good news to know that there's some standardization between batteries, which results in a decent cost savings as well. Hope that this helps.

"I am satisfied with my experience at theestoreonline. Even though they were out of stock of my original purchase, they sent me the next best choice.
When I argued about the difference in price, they authorized a prompt refund, and a replacement to a defective item, at no extra charge.
I feel I got my money's worth, and the staff was very friendly, and professional.

"I was very bad need battery for school graduation. I have only 2 day for receive, and thank to them I have battery for graduation on time. Even day early. They help me when I have question. And I was very happy with This purchase. Thank you Im sorry I may not be easy understand but wanted to thank them for help. "

"BAIT AND SWITCH! BAIT AND SWITCH! SCAM SITE!
Called me after I ordered my charger said the right charger was on back order for 4-6 weeks, conned me into getting a cheap crap one at a higher price, after I got it and put my battery into it the battery actually fell out of it before it got in the wall! I returned it and had at least 2 people tell me they would send me my original charger within 4-6 weeks. over 3 months later I still haven't received my charger, the customer rep Carter Hayes said it's still on back order and he (she?) still doesn't know when it will be in stock. Denied being a scam site! DENIAL! There has to be a way to get this site offline as I am far from the only person is unappreciative of their bait and switch policy!

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-02-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

““““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

A customer care specialist will be in touch with you soon. Kindly check your email/voicemail ”

Still , we would like to apologize for any inconvenience. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you. We would appreciate if you will give us an update regarding your initial feedback once this is resolved .”””

"Hi,
Ordered a Nikon charger lost mine while on vacation
Needed it in 2 days called in a panic they shipped
It out and made sure I got it by the weekend!!
Thanks Tracy you saved my life !!!! Great store
Great service.

"My first time buying from here. 1...placed my order I wanted..2...company called me via phone to discuss shipping delay of order...3...couldn't contact me by phone so emailed me to contact them. 4....talked with sales about order delay. They suggested another item instead and worked with me on pricing for the upgrade..5....shipped item right away. It's such a pleasure to order and work with people who are concerned about making a complete sale. I would recommend this online company for anyone. Thanks for such a
great sales job and consideration for the customer. I rate this 5 Stars plus. By
the way, I have been in sales for 41 years and this was the way to do close the sale. I plan to put on my face page a job well done to threestoneonline.

"I too read the good the bad reviews and figured I would give them a shot
I placed in order for a canon 600ex rt they had the best price I ordered it On a Tuesday received it brand new factory fresh on Saturday , just in time for my
Cousins wedding thanks estore !!!

"There was a problem with my order the day after I made it and I needed to contact the company. I was able to work out a solution to the problem with their customer service department concerning a longer than normal delay in receiving these items. They agreed to send me the two Canon NB-10L batteries I ordered in a timely fashion and at a great price. All in all I am happy with the outcome and everything worked out on the order. The shipping cost was low and I expect to receive these items in about a week. "

"They suck!!!! As everyone else, I had the bait & switch too. Item was not in stock the next day after being ordered. Because item was needed by weekend, I ordered the more expensive product & paid for 2 day shipping, but didn't get item til after weekend and then to find out I was charged twice for product!!! 2 & 1/2 weeks later, I have yet to see the money that they stated I was getting refunded! Have called and emailed, several times, but with no luck. It's been one problem after another and now I can't get what is owed to me. Now it's time for legal action! Do not order from here, ever!!!!!!! Any positive reviews are probably family or friends of employees. Horrible business practices!!

Well, if you read their response to my review, it just shows the type of business you will be dealing with. As for me being a "world class liar & an ungrateful dishonest customer", I am a Marine Corps Veteran and I do not lie nor am I dishonest!! Shame on me you say...All I have been asking for is the money I am owed from you and to this day still do not have it credited back to my account after ordering the item 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. Really swiftly handling this situation? As for saving me $40.00, you may have the wrong order. The first charge was $295.97 & the second was $329.99. That doesn't seem like the same product or a discount. Shame on YOU for resulting to name calling when someone has given you a negative review that you deserve. Thanks for the added documentation for my attorneys. Now I may even add slander to my legal battle. Semper Fi

modified review Rep reply posted May-29-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

““““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

What this reviewer neglected to mention was that she is a world class LIAR and not only was she not switched, She received the flash that she ordered and was also given it at $40 cheaper than anywhere else online. She paid for 2 days shipping and our website CLEARLY states items takes 1-2 business days to be processed before shipping, and that her order took her over the weekend where there is NO delivery on Saturday or Sunday. She was incorrectly double billed yes, resulting in her bank account being over drawn. In an attempt to help her out we wrote a letter to her bank explaining the situation and the mishap as a gesture of our willingness to provide superior customer service and go above the call of duty. Most companies would not offer that kind of service. The entire amount she was over charged was refunded back within one week as it takes a few days for our fraud department to verify that she was incorrectly double billed. To show her gratitude this customer proceeds to write this glowing review of how "horrible" of an experience it was to shop with us. She need not harass us with constant emails and phone calls about her situation since it was being handled as swiftly as possible and with utmost importance. Shame on YOU!!!! The only part of your review I agree with is that you are not likely to shop with us again because we don't need ungrateful people such as yourself patronizing our company. You not only got a great product at the best price but you also received the care and time of our customer service reps working diligently on your behalf to help you with your issue and instead of a thank you we receive your hateful words and lies. Then to accuse us of writing fake reviews just shows your level of ignorance and the type of person you are to deal with. Those are written by unsolicited HAPPY customers who received the SAME great service given to you and ALL of our customers. They just were kind enough to take the time and do the right thing which most people don't do because most people are more motivated to write bad reviews than good ones. so to you ungrateful dishonest customer I say...... Shame On YOU”

"Hi, just received my order from theEstoreonline.com-- placed the order on the 13th of may and received it in 4 days with standard shipping. So far im very happy with my purchase. Here is my product review.

I sold all of my previous flashes and bought these. Previous flashes include Canon's 580exII, 580ex, and 430exII.

The Good:

First off, if you're a Strobist or an off-camera speedlighter, sell everything you own and get these. The RF signaling system and fully independent group controls right from your master device will change everything for you. Already using RadioPoppers or a PocketWizard FlexTT system? Welcome to a new world of reliability, simple setup, and battery life.

Going into "Gr" mode on the master flash, I can independently tell up to five different groups to operate in full eTTL mode (plus adjust each group's FEC) OR shift one, some, or all groups into M mode with full power controls on each group. I do this right from the flash itself, or from the screen on my 5d mark III.

Shooting a party with dancing? Want to have eTTL on-camera to bounce, and an off-camera light in the background on M for a little dramatic rim-lighting? No problem. All easily configured right from your camera.

Working outdoors at night with nothing to bounce off of? No problem. Tell the master unit on your camera not to flash, and it will simply operate as a master controller for the off-camera units. (If you often need a master controller with no flash, a Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter might save you a bit of money. )

If you get lost in the menus, use the configuration screen on your camera instead. I find this much easier to navigate, set modes, etc.

This is too expensive, you say? Consider that on Amazon (as of this writing) a 580exII costs $530 + a PocketWizard Flex TT5 transceiver costs $230 for a grand total of $760, and you still haven't invested in the transmitter to go on your camera. PLUS you have to do on-site assembly, AND you have to deal with the finicky unreliability of that system.

Canon claims a range of 100'. I've used these in huge reception venues, and never run out of range. I guess the lawyers were setting a target they could defend? Read around the blogosphere, and you'll find people testing them to over 1000' out in the countryside.

Other changes that I love over the previous units I owned:
-They now clearly indicate when they are overheating. Both the backlight on the screen changes from green to orange, and two little "heat wave" wiggly lines appear above the speedlight's icon. (This may not affect many users, but event photogs doing bounce-flash in high-ceiling venues will appreciate this. Keep another cooling in your bag, and cycle them out.)
-When controlling off-camera flashes, the units are now aware of each other's power states. The "ready" light on the master will not come on until ALL flashes have finished cycling. Yup, they really talk to each other that much. Pretty cool.

Yes, these work with your existing CP-E4 battery packs.

The Neutral:

If you do not do off-camera flash, then yes, this is probably a bit steep. You have to ask yourself how much the additional zoom range is worth (up to 200mm on this unit vs 105 on the 580 series.) You may not feel it's worth that much.

Be cautioned that if you do not own a 2012 generation camera or newer, you will not be able to use mixed-mode with these flashes. As of this writing this means you need a 1D-X or a 5d3. If you don't have one of these cameras, you're limited to setting all groups to M, or all groups to eTTL. I believe you can still control each group's power/FEC, but double check if this is important to you.

If you do a lot of studio work and are hoping to mix speedlights and studio strobes, be cautioned that this is a brand-new RF signaling system developed by Canon. It will not integrate with your existing PocketWizard (classic, flex, or otherwise,) RadioPopper, CyberSync, Profoto Air, etc etc system. I really hope that Canon will chose to release an inexpensive, "dumb" receiver with a generic miniphone plug that can be used to trigger studio strobes, but this is just my own pipe dream. That said, you may be able to use your studio strobes in optical slave mode and get basic integration that way.

The Bad:

If you're a gel-er, you'll hate the included gel holder. Initially I was excited. It's obviously designed to allow you to cut and use your own gels, which is a nice thought. Unfortunately, the way it holds the gel produces harsh, mixed light. The holder does not hold the gel flush against the speedlight head. Instead, it allows it to arch out in front of it. The frosted clear plastic of the holder along the edges not only allows, but encourages ungeled light out around the sides. What you end up with is a bit of an Omni-Bounce (Stofen Gold Color Omni Bounce Diffuser for Canon Speedlite 580EX Flash) look, but with CTO out the face, and daylight out the sides. It's a color correcting disaster. The provided gel holders now sit at home, and I'm back to my previous favorite combo: LumiQuest UltraStrap LQ-126 and HonlPhoto Color Correction Filter Kit

In Conclusion:

I love these for the kind of work that I do, and cannot recommend them highly enough. I'm on the fence as to whether I'll get two more, or one more and an ST-E3-RT. (I'm disappointed that Canon dropped the focus assist beam from the new ST-E3-RT. The previous ST-E2 had one, and is my only hesitation.)

"Just look at the rating.. it says it all. This place is a scam. They always seem to be out of stock (even though it said in stock when I ordered) and just like most the fine folks who took the time to review, they the.tried to sell me something I didn't want. Avoid at all cost."

modified review Rep reply posted May-23-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“This review is a fraud posted by a competitor”

"While my battery was on backorder for 4-6 weeks, I did appreciate them calling and letting me know. Yes, they suggested a higher priced battery, but that's my option to order it, contact someone else or wait for the original battery. I felt no pressure to go for the higher priced item and when I did, they gave it to me at a reduced price. All in all, I am pleased with the ordering system. I haven't received the item, but it shipped the same day as ordered, so I expect it soon."

"I ordered from this site being fully aware of their "bait and switch" reputation. Not being in any hurry for the Canon flash I wanted, I decided to give it a try anyway. They had the lowest advertised price anywhere. I was not surprised when I received a call the same day saying my flash was back ordered 5-7 weeks and they wanted to offer me a different flash. I said I prefer to keep my original order. I got another call the next day trying to convince me to change my mind. I gave it some consideration, but after reading reviews and pricing the flash they wanted to sell me, I again told them I wish to stay with my original order. Then I sat back and waited. 8 weeks later I had heard nothing from them. I emailed them asking about my order. They asked for my order number and I emailed that to them. Nothing for another week. I emailed again. They needed my order number again. I sent that, and several days later I got another email stating my order would ship in 1-2 days! I wasn't going to hold my breath. Five days later my flash arrived, along with a battery charger and extra batteries! Would I order from them again? Only if I'm willing to wait and stay in contact with them."

"A pleasant phone encounter with the customer service rep.Donald"

"I originally ordered 2 Canon LP-E6 batteries and Canon Charger, however they where on back order and rather than wait, I was given the option of getting a higher capacity compatible battery and charger. Since I had an important shoot scheduled, I availed myself of their offer and was pleased that the item arrived a couple of days later as promised. In the interim they will be shipping to me the original Canon batteries and charger as initially ordered
Follow up: I am pleased to say I received the two Canon batteries as promised, however, I am still waiting for the Canon charger, which is still on back order.
Once I receive the Canon charger, I will be giving them a 5 star rating for customer satisfaction and dealer accountability.

Theestoreonline.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Theestoreonline.com is a merchant member
Theestoreonline.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,866 merchant members.