• 1
  • 2

"Last week The thetechgeek.com has displyaed Canon EOS Digital SLR camera's price 1$. I have screenshot of it. So, i have ordered that camera. They also sent me confirmation email and deducted the amount from my card. I have chosen next day shipping, but still i have not received that camera. After followup they are saying that u have placed order incorrectly. if i have placed order incorrectly then how come they accepted my order and charged for the same. Even they are not replying my email in time."

"On 6/25/2006 I purchased a "Plug & Play MP3/WMA Player 4GB" from TG. It was delivered promptly, but i have had nothing but problems with it. The first time I tried to load it with >256MB of songs, it crashed and frozed. I managed to get the player booted back up and had to use the 'disk format' utility that came with it to reformat the flash drive. Since that time, it has always displayed as a 256MB drive. I have learned that this drive (made by Wilson in China) is only a 256MB drive and Tech Geek misrepresented it as a 4GB Drive. I have called them at least 50 times and written 12 emails, and they have not responded to anything. Additionally I filed a complaint with the BBB in California, and to date, TechGeek has not even responded to that. They refuse to return my calls, refuse to return my emails, and have not issued a credit, an RMA or replaced this player which was defective from the beginning. They are completely disreputable and NO ONE should buy from them."

"I ordered a memory card from their website around the first week of August. The delivery time was good and I did receive a package from them except that they shipped me the wrong product(and didn't even ship me the additional "free" stuff they were supposed to). So I emailed them to get an RMA which I did and promptly sent the wrong product back hoping they'll send me the original order(memory card) right away. I sent an email asking about the status and got a actual reply stating that its in Processing state and that they should be able to get to mine in a couple of days. By this time it was almost the middle of the month. Soon after, I sent them a couple of more emails and also left voice mails on their machines, however I am still waiting for "a" customer support to contact me. The emails I sent are not answered on time at all, and are pretty vague with no one giving a definate answer.The last email I received mentioned that TTG was still looking for the order, whilst another email before that told me that the product was already shipped out. Another one told me that TTG could not find the RMA product and were still checking? How is that possible? Which one is correct? On calling another of your numbers I was finally able to get through a "live" person and he mentioned that the correct product would be shipped out this week(Sept 11-15) and he would send me a tracking number too. Well nothing so far!! I am really frustrated at this point, since it's over a month that I had ordered this product, and about a month that I sent the wrong one back!! Please do something about it!

UPDATE: Finally after tons of complains via email and phone including on Paypal(which was escalated and denied, thus closed since they said they would ship the product) they shipped out the right product on 9/15/06 and I received it on 9/21/06. Whew, and it was the right product!!

modified review This review was modified by tommyone on September 28 2006 06:06:17 AM

"The order didn't ship out after 48 hrs, so I emailed them about it and was told to check for paypal payment but I already paid.

Asked for refund, didn't get a refund. Complained to paypal for non-receipt, they lied about shipping it then escalate it to paypal claim to end our conversation. So I have no chance to respond and are hoping it will be in their favor.

Update: The package did arrive but it took awhile for the tracking number show up/emailed say on the day it was delivered.

modified review This review was modified by ebayer on September 20 2006 03:06:51 PM

"Purchased and received a Karaoke machine for Christmas. Product went bad about 30 days after purchase. Got an RMA and returned the product. Two weeks go by and I receive an E-mail stating that they had issued me a store credit and are not replacing the Unit. I was expecting a replacement unit since they still had the item for sale on the website. Since I did not want to take my chances with another unit I did not order another.

About a month later I requested that they issue me a cash credit since there was nothing that I found in the last month that I wanted from their store. I was told since it has just gone over 60 days that their policy was not to issue cash credit.

Needless to say even though I returned my product almost 30 days after purchase they automatically issue store credit instead of A) Replacing Item, and B) Issuing cash credit back to the customer. I bet they did not ship a replacement to avoid paying shipping costs.

It's my fault for not following up with this company in a timely manner. I hope it's my fault that it causes this company to loose some sales because people know how they handle this kind of transaction.

"These people are a bunch of losers. DVD player was shipped not in double box but in retail box. They didn't ship my Christmas music cd or my 25 cdrs. I called them up and now they are gonna ship but after Christmas--oh yeah, yippee, I get a Christmas Music CD after Christmas. It'll straight in the trash if it arrives at all. Time to file complaint w/ BBB, FTC, and Attorney General if they don't ship my items ASAP. Don't buy from these losers."

NYC

"I placed an order, my coupon did not work, paid via paypal. EMail CSR, they fix the order, refunded the money. Super fast and great service."

"The price on the DVD+R media that I bought was spectacular. This shipping was free, and of average speed. I have used 3 of the 200 discs I bought, all three of them have worked correctly without error. "

"Ordered a spindle of 100 4x DVD-R. So far, the media performs fine. It will only burn at 2x on my Powerbook, but that is typical... even high end media will typically only burn at half its rated speed."

Brandon, MS

"Be very wary of dealing with these folks. They sent me known defective media and hoped I would simply let it go. I don't believe this company is reputable. The balance of the media they sent is destined for the trash, because it's useless.

Update: We had a slight breakdown in communication that we have since worked through. They are now replacing my disks. I found their customer service staff to be very courteous and professional. Shame it got so out of hand, but I think it's going to work out OK.

modified review This review was modified by Rmcky on April 15 2005 04:57:53 AM

The Tech Geek is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Tech Geek is not a merchant member
The Tech Geek does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!