• Rating 5.67/10 508 reviews

The Gourmet Depot / Appliance Sales and Service Company is not a merchant member
    The Gourmet Depot / Appliance Sales and Service Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • The Gourmet Depot / Appliance Sales and Service Company contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Excellent service will definitely shop here again"

"Ordered on line, simple, fast service. Thanks. 5 stars"

"Great price, fast shipping!"

"I ordered a Magimix vision toaster, which is either crazy or brilliant to spend that much on a toaster. Haven't decided which yet.

As far as Gourmet Depot is concerned: The first toaster that arrived had an issue with the toast lever not staying in the down position. I order a lot of stuff online, from various merchants, and it happens sometimes to the big guys as well as the smaller ones. What happens in those situations tells you more about retailers than situations where everything turns out perfectly.

After a quick phone call in which an actual, knowedgeable human being answered, a replacement was shipped to me which arrived 1 week later. A shipping label to return the faulty unit was also emailed to me.

The new toaster is reviewed below; the first one is in transit back to Gourmet Depot.

I'm extremely happy with Gourmet Depots efforts to provide customer satisfaction.

Now, I'm not sure if a product review is relevant here, or just the merchant review; but if so, here it is:

As I said, I ordered a Magimix vision toaster, which is either crazy or brilliant.

But I have decided that the vision makes incredible toast very, very fast. I thought that because it is a quartz element toaster; it would be slower than my previous 'hot wrapped wire' toaster, because our quartz element toaster OVEN is very slow, indeed.

But the Vision is much, much FASTER than our previous toaster, and the toast it produces is evenly toasted. The bagel setting actually works as intended, which is a first following a long line of previous cheap plastic-y throwaway toasters.

Now, this toaster had better last for a long time to justify the extra cost; that remains to be seen. But its build quality seems excellent and the quartz element toasting is excellent. Being able to watch the toast through the clear glass in front as it turns to just the right shade of brown is a game changer for me.

For now, I'm happy with both the product and the service I received from Gourmet Depot. That's all I can ask when shopping online.

modified review This review was modified by klutzak66 on March 28 2013 02:30:54 PM

"very helpful with very good service"

"I am very satisfied with what I ordered. It arrived in a very timely manner!I would order from them again and recommend them to my friends!"

"Excellent service. Excellent price. Excellent turn-around time!!"

"I recently ordered a part for my Fagor pressure cooker. The part was shipped promptly and arrived in great condition. It was properly packaged so that it would not be damaged. The shipping was substantially cheaper than ordering the same part from the manufacturer."

"I'm very satisfied with the service here. I expected to have difficuly finding the part I needed. Not only was all the information provided helpful, the part was delivered as expected and is just what I needed. Thank you."

"Very satisfied. Product was as described on the website, delivered on time as advertised. "

"I've purchased from Gourmet Depot before and I will again and again. They're a trustworthy company and very quick to boot. Excellent seller!"

"Great job! Just what I needed (thanks for the pictures on the site) and speedy delivery."

"Thank you for the timely delivery."

"Excellent. Thank you very much. "

"Correct part and shipped quickly - great service and reasonable price. ***Would recommend this company to others!***"