• Address: 245 30th Street

Product & services pricing Rating 8.95/10 8.95/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.87/10 9.87/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.67/10 9.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.50/10 9.50/10

"I ORDERED FOR THE 1ST TIME AND I PLAN TO ORDER AGAI. THE SITE IS VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE AND MY ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED QUICKLY. "

"Quick shipping, great products, great prices, wonderful website. Love shopping here!!"

"I love the smell of Jasmin Sambac. It's so sexy and seductive, just smells absolutely divine. Ananda Apothecary is the only company I have ordered from that sells this amazing essential oil at a fair price, while still providing a quality product. An honest company with honest prices, very much appreciated. "

"Wonderful experience with Ananda Apothecary! I was a YL distributor long ago and would rule out some oils because of their expense. After much comparison with the newer MLM company, I happily placed my first order with Ananda, which met or exceeded any expectations. Thank you for expanding access to health and well-being! I also appreciate the many options in terms of oil variety, extraction method, and volume. I look forward to ordering more and pointing others this direction."

"I was very impressed with both the product and the speed of the delivery. I will definitely be buying more. "

"The website is well set up with lots of good information. "

"I LOVE this store! I will be honest, I am a wholesale distributor for Young Living Essential Oils, but when I need a product that they don't carry, such as certain essential oils and blends, carrier oils (especially), hydrosols, accessories, etc. Ananda is my first choice for these alternatives. I like to make my own skincare products, and Ananda offers great carriers with simple ingredients. They have great promotions and a wealth of information in their blogs and forums. I think it is a great store and site for those wanting to learn about aromatherapy, and I feel that they help enhance my Young Living experience. 5 stars!!"

"I spent around $500 in oils because I was going off recommendations from this page and other reviews and I was very hopeful that my oils would be awesome. I was extremely disappointed in the oils I got. The mints and the citruses, even the lemongrass were cloying which is generally an indication of complete distillations, NOT desirable for therapeutic use. And the resin oils were extremely thin -- particularly the Frankincense. Some of the oils seemed fine like the Thyme and Oregano, but I spent a lot of money expecting ALL the oils to be high quality and was pretty disappointed. -- I also felt customer service was a bit slow and reluctant to answer my questions about oil testing. If you want a company that ships quickly, this is it, but if you're expecting all the oils to be high quality, please be discerning, because they def. fell short."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-08-2014

anandaapothecary, Ananda Apothecary rep has responded

“Hi - We'd love to assist you in any way we can...if you'd like to refund or exchange your oils. Oils can smell SO different from one moment to the next - even from different size bottles. To REALLY get a good idea of an aroma, the best thing to do is to remove the orifice reducer from any bottle and then inhale deeply - thus giving you the greatest 'surface area' of the oil to experience (these reducers can be easily removed and put back into the bottles).

I'm actually the owner of the company, and I - and discerning partners - have spent many years finding what we believe to be the very finest of each of the 120+ essential oil varieties we offer from around the world. We have many customers whom distribute for those 'other' companies who order from us for personal use because they find our quality as good (and often better).

The Frankincense - likely the Sacra - is a fairly thin oil, though this in no way affects it's quality. It is hydrodistilled, and will naturally contain a higher ratio of smaller molecules than the CO2 distillations of the Carteri and Seratta species. The Sacra has actually become the aromatic favorite of many in the store.

We apologize for any slow response from Customer Service personnel - they've been under a lot of pressure to meet delivery demands. We do keep on file all certificates of analysis - these, however, are currently being organized and reproduced in electronic format so all our customers can download them online.

If there's anything at all we can do to help with your experience, let us know...

All the Best,
Eric”

"I love this company. They are always fast, courteous, and professional. The quality of their oils are wonderful and I enjoy specials they run often. Highly recommend!"

"I'm new to essential oils and I've been very impressed by their willingness to help and explain. I've also found their website very informative. Detailed info of each oil is listed along with how it can be used. The forums are awesome as well.
Their shipping is great, taking the time to individually wrap each bottle and secure with a rubber band. Orders are processed and received very quickly.
The oils are amazing and you can smell the difference immediately.
So glad to have found a company that offers 100% pure oils at wholesale prices without having to join or become a distributor.

"This is my second order with Ananda and every time I'm more and more impressed!I've purchased from several other companies and never have I loved all my oils like with AA. Their quality is stunning and thanks to their in depth information on every oil I always know what I'm buying. No nasty surprises! I also have to mention their wild lavender is absolutely GORGEOUS! I just bought a 15ml bottle and am already considering a 30ml bottle. It's the most wonderful lavender I've ever found and I'm a bit of a lavender freak. I'm actually worried they'll run out before I can buy more. It's just that amazing! Thanks again AA, I seriously love you guys! "

"I LOVE ordering my oils through Ananda Apothecary! They have a huge selection, the quality is excellent, and I have the oils in my mailbox within 4 days of ordering! I highly recommend them for price, quality and its easy to use their website!"

"I was quite pleased with the order. The oils are certainly of good quality and the price was much better than some of the others I have purchased. I am also impressed with the wealth of information on their website. I will be a return customer."

"I am impressed with my first order with Ananda Apothecary. I ordered two oils and a hydrosol (love that they have hydrosols for reasonable prices) and got a free bergamot and free rose hydrosol because of their special. I was impressed with the packaging, the array of oils offered on their website, the information on their website about the oils, and the fact that they included a pipette and a dropper bulb top for use with the hydrosols and oils! Great experience and I will try them again!"

"The Ananda Apothecary has an excellent variety of essential oils and sizes. I am very happy with my purchase and really appreciate the written information and descriptions for each oil on their website"

Ananda Apothecary is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Ananda Apothecary is a merchant member
Ananda Apothecary participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,911 merchant members.