• Address: 245 30th Street

Product & services pricing Rating 8.71/10 8.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.85/10 9.85/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.55/10 9.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10

"I LOVE ordering my oils through Ananda Apothecary! They have a huge selection, the quality is excellent, and I have the oils in my mailbox within 4 days of ordering! I highly recommend them for price, quality and its easy to use their website!"

"I was quite pleased with the order. The oils are certainly of good quality and the price was much better than some of the others I have purchased. I am also impressed with the wealth of information on their website. I will be a return customer."

"I am impressed with my first order with Ananda Apothecary. I ordered two oils and a hydrosol (love that they have hydrosols for reasonable prices) and got a free bergamot and free rose hydrosol because of their special. I was impressed with the packaging, the array of oils offered on their website, the information on their website about the oils, and the fact that they included a pipette and a dropper bulb top for use with the hydrosols and oils! Great experience and I will try them again!"

"The Ananda Apothecary has an excellent variety of essential oils and sizes. I am very happy with my purchase and really appreciate the written information and descriptions for each oil on their website"

"WOW! Excellent Essential oils and fast shipping. I must say I was surprised. MLM's are not the only ones who carry Pure Essential oils as we've been told. Ananda Apothecary essential oils are pure excellent quality. You now have a long time customer. I love the oils I have ordered to date."

"First of all, Ananda Apothecary has great information on their website. They are a bit more loose about using oils neat, about possible ingestion, and about dilution ratios and so forth than I am, but the information is very good. In fact I've been referring to their site and two others regularly for over a year before placing my first order with them. My order arrived promptly and packaged quite beautifully in a minimalistic way. I have not ordered any of these particular essential oils from other stores previously, so I cannot really compare in that sense. But I have ordered from enough companies in general to say I am impressed with the quality. I like that they make .75ml sample oils available at a reasonable cost; that is wonderful for those of us who have a lot of allergies to essential oils and want to check for those. I would prefer that the samples came in miniature dropper bottles instead of bottles that are very easy to splurt when you pull them open. But such is life! I will be buying at least one of the oils I sampled from them in full size b/c I was so impressed by their distillation that I hesitate to save just a few bucks buying it elsewhere. I was also delighted to qualify for a Rose Hydrosol that they were giving away with a certain $ of order. I know I have been allergic to rose perfumes before, so I thought I might be giving the hydrosol away. However, I can breathe this pure hydrosol in just fine and so will be using it during that time of the month when it is known for helping women. I'm really glad I could discover that without paying for it. It makes up for having selected a few samples that I am allergic to. The only full size EO I purchased was Plai--an oil that is not readily available in most stores. I'm really looking forward to using it in pain blends. I did not find its antihistamine properties to be considerable though. On that Blue Tansy wins by a mile, and I will continue to search for another comparable oil to rotate that with. Oh, and I love how they are very specific about the scent and therapy differences between different distillations of the same oil. I recently bought Organic Lime elsewhere only to be surprised to find that it had more of the tart sour attributes. Ananda, on the other hand, tells you which EO smells tart and a little sour and which smells like lime candy."

"I ordered the little $2 samples of bergamot, clary sage, geranium, grapefruit, lavender oil, neroli petitgrain, and ylang ylang.

They arrived just two business days later; I was very impressed.

However, the petitgrain appeared to have shifted out of place during shipping and broken itself against another vial. It arrived empty, and when I removed the cap, a large shard of glass around the rim of the vial came with it. I can only assume that it was broken during shipping, and that the petitgrain leaked out into the package.

The package immediately filled my desk area with a lovely woodsy-orange musk upon arrival, so I still got a good enough idea of how the petitgrain smelled to know that I'm going to be ordering a big bottle of it in the future.

The oils from Ananda all smell much nicer than the ones at the local alternative market, and they seem more reasonably priced as well, so I'll be back for much more as soon as I can figure out which are my favorites.

"I love this store. Their essential oils are among the highest quality, and the prices are exceedingly reasonable. Service is excellent, and the selection is unparalleled."

"I have been a customer of Ananda for over a year, and have found their level of service and care to be uniformly excellent. Every one of my orders has been packaged lovingly, shipped quickly and arrived intact, often accompanied by a handwritten note of thanks on the packing list. I initially chose Ananda due to their good prices, high-quality products and the impression I received from their website that they genuinely care about their products and their clientele. I chose correctly. Ananda will continue to be my sole supplier of Bach flower remedies and dispenser bottles, and if I ever purchase essential oils it will be from them."

"I have purchased products from Ananda Apothecary and I have to give them a very high rating for going out of their way to resolve my issue of a replacement of a diffuser. Since then, I have spoken with several associates as well as the owner apologizing for the delay which was the postal aervice's error. It seems they sent my replacement back to Ananda, however they worked quickly to resolve this issue and I now have a new diffuser which is working great. I also received complimentary oils and purchased other products from them and I am very satisfied. I will buy from them again and their oils are the best quality I have purchased, which I have bought from other companies and there is no comparison--I really love their oils."

"Consistently reliable products. Great quality. I recommend this company."

"I ordered these oils because someone I've met through friends on facebook is trying to sell me on Young Livings essential oils. I was very interested, but not very interested in the price. First I received the order very quickly, I also was able to purchase 5 oils for the price of one bottle of Lavender from them (Yes Lavender was apart of my order). I have been diffusing oils and actually applied peppermint and eucalyptus to my nose and there was no oily residue feeling, no burning ( I had a bad experience with Now Foods pep oil). So far everthing is great! Oh and I forgot to mention, their customer service is awesome. After I placed my order I noticed that they gave first time customers free shipping but you have to add a code at check out. I just left a comment on the page saying I wish I would have seen that before I placed my order and someone contacted me about giving me a credit for the price of shipping! I haven't received it yet but the fact that they contacted me when I didn't even ask was awesome! I guess I just figured I snoozed I lose.. but that was not the case!"

"I consider myself somewhat of a Sandalwood connoisseur, having used it for many years and having lived and learned about its variations in India. The Sandalwood oil that I get from Ananda Apothecary is of the highest quality. It is not an inexpensive product anywhere. The value from AA is good."

"I love Ananda Apothecary! Oils are high quality & well priced. Everyone is helpful & knowledgeable. Orders are sent out in a timely manner. Any problems are taken care of immediately."

"I purchased a diffuser from them which stopped working shortly after I received it. I called as well as emailed them and received an email with shipping information for a replacement however that replacement never came. The problem was the information sent to me was a notice to ship but not a receipt of the actual shipment. Now since December 3 I have not received an actual response from them. When I call and leave a message there is no return call.
I will not buy anything else from this company.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-01-2014

anandaapothecary, Ananda Apothecary rep has responded

“Hi, my name is Eric, owner of the company. It is my understanding that you had received your diffuser just a couple of days later...I hope it's working as you hoped. Please let us know if there's anything we can do!

All the Best,
Eric
info@anandaapothecary.com”

Ananda Apothecary is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Ananda Apothecary is a merchant member
Ananda Apothecary participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.