"I odered a RCA dual monitor portable dvd player on Black Friday. Since my order was accepted I did not look for one anywhere else while I was shopping. The next day I get an email that my order was canceled due to not having a correct address. I have lived here for 5 years and have packages sent USPS, Fed EX and UPS. I called the customer support and they could not tell me why my order was cancelled, just excuses about maybe this or maybe that. I asked for a supervisor and I was told to have a nice day and he hung up on me. I then went to Best Buy online and bought a Dynex brand with a case and headphones for $5 more. Target lost my current bussiness and all of my future business as well. I will make sure I tell everyone I know what happened and not to trust Target"

"I recently purchased an air mattress from Target (it was their own branded air mattress). It popped within the two times using it. I tried to take it back, but because I didn't have a receipt (hello, I wasn't planning on it popping, so I threw the receipt out) they said I could get store credit for the lowest price the mattress had been offered at in the last six months and then use that to buy the exact same mattress. The only problem was that the mattress had been on sale for $20 less at some point. So, I had to pay $20 to buy back a faulty mattress."

"TARGET IS TRACKING YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITY.
If you want to block tracking you will not be able to use the Target website at all. Because of the way they have designed their systems you won't be able to even get onto their website. You will receive the ubiquitous ENABLE COOKIES popup.
Kohl's uses all of the same trackers as the others but if you want to block, with Ghostery or Ad Block Plus. you will not be stopped at any point in the buying process.
Do you want your credit card purchases to be tracked?
Amazon is another online retailer that allows blocking.

"Target.com was one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever experienced. I ordered 4 items and received free shipping and $10 off with a coupon I used. I paid for them with 2 gift cards and my credit card. I received shipping confirmations for a package with 3 items and a package with the 1 item I was using online ordering to get. The next day I received an email that my order was cancelled but it had no specifics so I had to call their 800 number. The person who answered, Jason, could barely be understood. He told me there was a problem with the credit card and to call my creditor. Thing is that the gift cards I paid with didn't cover the full amount of everything. So part of the shipment they said was shipped was either free or they did charge my credit card. Jason couldn't understand that logic and just kept repeating the same thing like numerous times would finally make it true. I asked if I could reorder the item with the same discounts as I received with my combined order. He told me I had to reorder the item and would have to pay full price and full shipping. I asked to speak with his supervisor to which he asked, "Why?" He wouldn't accept my answer and refused to put me through. After asking 4 more times, he said he’d transfer me. I waited on hold for nearly 10 minutes before I had to get off the phone resigned to call later. When I called later, I explained to the customer service woman why I was calling and that I was to be speaking with a supervisor. She would not transfer me but instead said, “I’m here to help.” I explained that someone had already attempted to help me and I needed to be transferred. She refused so I relayed everything that happened to which she was able to confirm that my credit card had been charged but only partially- $7 instead of the $30 originally needed. I had already called my creditor and they said nothing was wrong with my card or its limit so it had to be a problem with Target.com. She told me that I could not reorder the items with the same discounts as the original order my item was cancelled from. I again asked to speak with a supervisor to which she refused my request 4 times. I finally said, “Look, I’ve been very patient and don’t know why between two people, I’ve been denied 9 times to speak with someone above you?” She finally put me through to someone who answered after two rings. I explained everything to the supervisor to which he had to restate the entire debacle. I asked him to please reorder my item that had been cancelled with the discounts I originally was given before Target.com cancelled my order. He refused saying, “I’m sorry.” He said he appreciated my business but in the same breath said there was absolutely nothing he could do for me. You’ve got to be kidding me? A corporation like Target can’t honor what they had already granted me? It’s not like I was asking for additional discounts… they’d already honored them 2 days prior but because of their computer issue, they kept telling me it wasn’t their issue to resolve. I will never shop Target.com again."

"I placed an order with Target after much searching, reviewing etc. The order came in, wrong! It was a big package so it had to be sent back. After 4 attempts and 6 hours I finally get a packing slip. However, I have to take it to the UPS store myself. This means find a truck and a man to help me. Ok...I did it!
I was told by Target on two occasions the purchase would be refunded to my credit card. Nope! I get it and because I purchased by Pay Pal they won't do it. They give me a gift card! A 263.00 gift card!
This was not my fault, they sent the wrong order! I talked to two supervisors and nothing. They won't send me a check, or refund my money. Instead they are insisting I spend money in their store!
I'm done! They really do stink in the customer service department.

"Placed an order with Target.com. They sent the wrong item. They acknowledged that they sent the wrong item. Normal process: I return the item, they get it back, then send out the new one. It was time sensitive to me so I asked them to send a new one, which I would pay for, so it would be in transit ASAP, then give me a refund for the original when it got back to them. No risk to them, but got things going faster. The operator wouldn't do it. No deviation from the process, not even with no risk to them, was allowed. Finally the 'top level manager that you can speak with by phone' agreed to do it. They, however, would not pay to expedite it to arrive in time. Acknowledge their mistake, 'wished they could do it'. Couldn't expedite the processing time, wouldn't expedite ANYTHING. My choice: pay more than the item is worth to get it in time, or have it arrive very, very late and break a kids' heart. Then she got snippy because I was taking her time. Target just lost my business and that of any event/organization in which I have an influential voice. It may be a drop in the bucket to a company so large, but eventually they will realize that companies with good customer service grow, companies with poor customer service just hang on until the either change or alienate everyone. (FYI, Target: since your legal department has obviously written a script of the 5 statements a manager is allowed say to a customer during a resolution process, please not it isn't helping your case. It makes us angrier to have a line repeated at us rather than an honest conversation with your 'managers')."

"Pro: Excellent selection, clean stores

Cons: Perhaps the worst retailer in the marketplace in customer satisfaction.... Very much a take-it-ot-leave-it approach to customer issues. No price matching policy. Will not even match target.com pricing when lower than local store.

modified review This review was modified by cole-744 on October 14 2012 05:09:43 AM

"Nice clean store. Not many team members if you need help, guess it is help yourself. Nice,friendly cashier, good selection. No managers ever in sight, do they have any! I have never seen one."

"I ordered a futon for my new apt. Not only did it come over 5 days late! I NEVER received the full product I paid for. Target never sent me my futon frame! I called customer care and was give many stores from very rude customer services. I then had spoken to manger who told me my money would be refunded but I would have to order the futon again. Keeping in mind the futon was no longer available. after 3 days of no refund for the $200 I lost I called again to speak with a manger. The customer service rep I first spoke with told me to please hold and the she HUNG UP ON ME. Do not order anything form this company!!! they will steal your money and have the worst customer services. Save your self. believe me! I am out $200 and stuck with a crappy mattress."

modified review This review was modified by unhappyTarget on October 05 2012 12:09:52 PM

"I order a wedding gift off of a friends registry when I was at the target store. The item showed up at my door 6 days after the purchase date...funny story...it was the wrong item. I ordered a set a drinking glasses and got a hand held vacuum, meanwhile the wedding is in 3 days.

So I called the customer service line and the best they could do was return the item I had bought (once they receive the item they sent in error) and I could place a new order for the item I had originally purchased and select "express shipping" which is an additional $45 (more than the item costs itself) and they can give me 10% or $5 gift card (10% would've been $3.99 discount to an additional $45 shipping cost? This doesn't make sense) This is "Target.com policy" and I was asked by the Floor Supervisor "do you really expect to pay less for express shipping? are aware of how much it costs to ship a package?" Yes, sir I am aware but I am also aware that CUSTOMER'S SHOULD NOT PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR THE COMPANY'S ERROR.

To put it into perspective, the customer plan's ahead and purchases a gift and when the company/corporation sends wrong gift, the customer is expected to pay extra to have it fixed? Easily the worst "customer service" by a large corporation. I can only imagine how many innocent customers have lost so much money to this company. Definitely never buying anything from then again and I'll do my best to ensure that each person I know boycotts Target as well.

"Target's mentality in terms of processing debit/credit card payment twice on the same purchase is that Quote " a very common thing that happens all over the nation" Hard working people have to be out of their money for 3-5 business days before this is corrected and this seems to be alright with Target. Target's excuse about double charging customer transations is that their computer cashier systems are glitchy and that this is something that cannot be corrected or become fully accurate, so people will continously be double charged when making purchases and have to wait to get their money back from banks.

Each day thousands of EFT transactions are processed at Target stores across the nation. If the mentality is that Target will not fix their equipment and systems to be fully accurate when processing purchases its because they prefer it this way. They prefer the affect it has on their Capital and how it helps boost their Stock daily. So, the little people who go into a store to buy just what they need, get double charged if funds are available and this is a common thing Target says that should not make anyone angry, but that should be accepted by the general consumer population as something stores like Target cannot curtail.

Lets do the math: If you get double charged on a purchase of $143.77 today and another 5000 people a day across the nation get double charge as well for their puchases of a similar amount, this totals: $718,000.00 a day, almost a three quarters of a million dollars a day in boosted sales via double transactions, that will only be rectified in a week or so, if all consumers catch this on their bank statements on time. That's a scheme. Why would the mentality be that this is alright and why should people be robbed of their money this way? One solution is to pay cash. Because this sort of thing will not end. It is a scheme, to inflat their books obviously!!!

Note from a consumer that sees the big picture or shall I say the big scheme of things.

"Target.com is a joke. I ordered treadmill on 22nd August This is what my order screen shows even today ( 15 Sept)

estimated arrival: Thursday,08/23/2012-Thursday,08/30/2012

My card was promptly charged on 25th August.. After two weeks ..No news on the shipper information & how to track.. I called target.com customer service & to my surprise customer support was not able to locate the shipping information. Poor girl tried a lot to help for around 45 minutes, finally she said he has escalated it to specialist & I should expect a call with status update soon. Two days later I got the call from shipper that they can delivery only after a week.. I was furious and asked to return the package & issue a refund.. I was told that package is returned..
After two more weeks there is no news on the refund.. I call to target.com again today.. I was told nothing can be done unless package come to my apartment & I refuse to take the delivery.. and now tracking says delivery after one month.. So basically card was charged ..no delivery .. no updates on delivery on return.. and I had to followup for everything.. My money is locked for one and half month
Target.com suggested me to call the shipper myself and work something out..When I tried the number of shipper .. no one was reachable as they work only monday to friday..
I am never ordering anything from target.com

"I just had the worst experience with Target. After searching several stores for a Crib that was on sale, that Target Online claimed was in stock, we found out that it was not. I then went to order the crib online and found that shipping and handling was ridiculous (even though most of the other items said you could have free shipping). I was told by one of the stores that I could just apply for a REDcard Debit card and I would get free shipping plus 5% off. After spending time I didn't have applying for the card, they told me that I would not get the card before the sale price went off and you can't purchase items online without the physical card. I then spent more time on the phone with three different people before I got someone that said they would overnight the card to me so that I could buy the item online. I picked up my card today and tried to purchase the crib just to find out that I could not purchase anything over $200 with my new card. I wasted 3 days on this and was told in the end there was nothing I could do. At this point I am cancelling my registration with target and returning anything I have purchased with them in the last several weeks for my new baby because of this horrendous experience. I am telling everyone I know that Target is horrible and I will never go back."

"DO NOT BUY AN EGIFTCARD FROM TARGET!!!!! I purchased an e-giftcard on 08/30/12 Thursday, which according to the website should have arrived in 4 hrs. After no giftcard in 24hrs, I called target.com. The representative sent another giftcard and stated I would receive it in 48hrs. What happened to the 4hrs advertised? However, I am patient and I waited another 48hrs for the egiftcard not to arrive again. I called an spoke with a manager who informed me that if an egiftcard is ordered on a weekend, it is not sent until Monday. Again, what happened to the 4hrs advertised? Additionally, I informed him that nowhere on the website does it state that egiftcards ordered on weekends won't arrive until Monday. The manager stated they are working on getting this updated. Again, being patient I agreed to wait until Monday (today) as long as I didnt have to hear anything about it being a holiday.

I was reassured that the holiday wouldn't affect the arrival of the egiftcard. I received two egiftcards today. Both were blank. I called target.com again. The representative starts telling me that because of the holiday I would have to wait until tomorrow. After telling her about the convo b/t me and one of the managers lastnight stating that the holiday had nothing to do with it, she offered to cancel the order and reorder the egiftcard which should arrive in 24hrs. Again, what happened to the 4hrs advertised?

I informed her that at this point, I have waited 5 days for a giftcard that should have arrived in 4hrs. I then spoke with a manager about refunding the money to my credit card. He had an attitude, but told me he had processed it. I called back, because these people have done nothing but lie since Thursday, to find out that he hadn't processed my refund. Had I not called back, I would have waited 7-10 business days for a refund that would never arrive. The rep then lies and states that because of the holiday there are no managers available and that she wasnt authorized to refund my money. I hung up and called back. I then spoke with someone that stated she would just refund the money back to my card with no problem and I should receive a confirmation in the email. I have not received the confirmation yet. Please note I talked to at least 10 people about this issue between friday and today. However, I summarized to make this review less lengthy. I agree that the people working at target.com barely speak and understand english, are rude, and have no sense of customer service. Get it together Target!

"I am very disappointed with my registry experience at Target and will be moving my registry to a different store. I went into the Irvine/Tustin store to scan items for my baby registry. I was told that it would be available on-line within 5 minutes to 48 hours. I waited 48 hours and still my items had not been uploaded on-line. Three phone calls to the store and three phone calls to the 1-800 number, and all I was told is that either the associate failed to download the information/dock the scanner or there was a problem with the scanner. On my third call to the 1-800 number I was put on hold because the associate told me that the system/computer was running slowly. I was put on this type of hold three times. My experience with the 1-800 number was terrible. The associates on the other end of the line really had no idea what I was trying to retrieve or what issues I was having. They seemed to really be confused asking what item I was looking for, telling me that I was wrong, that the event date couldn't be on Jan. 1, 2013 that I must mean Jan. 1, 2012, etc. If I remembered all of the items that I had scanned up, than I could fix the incompetence with the scanner and why would I be registering for my baby if he was born last January? My registry experience at Target has been quite time consuming. It is so frustrating to spend the time to scan items only for the store to be incompetent and fail to store the scan. I was displeased with the MOD's attempts to keep the costumer happy and to retain my business. All the while, within 24 hours of registering at another business, I received a customer courtesy call asking if I needed any help or if I had any questions about my registry. Come on Target, if you want to compete in the registry department, you really need to step it up! "

Target is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Target is not a merchant member
Target does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!