"I ordered 2 Urns from Target Online on Dec 4th for a House Warming Party Dec 15th.. pleanty of time for me to receive my order and learn how to uses them before. On Dec 10th a big package shows up at my house..Yay! my order I thought. I open it up ONLY 1 Urn was inside, with the weight on the box being 12lbs (FYI the Urn only weights 4.25 lbs). So I call Target and they say that my order could be coming in 2 box's (however no where do I have the tracking for a second box or does it say there are 2 boxes shipped.) Target said I have to wait til Dec 13th to see if the other box comes. So guess what day it is Dec 13th and NO BOX delivered. I call Target up and the guy that answers has no idea what he is saying and keeps saying ummm and aaaa and has no explanation at all. So I ask for a manager. Then after a long wait a lady gets on she is no help either. I need then to send me my 2nd Urn for the party Saturday and the lady was like no we can not do that. That I have to wait 3 MORE DAYS before I can even get my money back. What the HECK! So they messed up with my order and now Im getting screwed over bc as the lady put it that is there policy. Okay I work for a online coffee company there is ways you help customers to make them happy when they get screwed over like this. If this is how Target customer service is I dont know if I want to shop there anymore. All I want them to do is send me my Urn I ordered Dec4th. But no they want me to reorder it and PAY THE RUSH CHARGE MYSELF. Why should I have to pay that, thats why I ordered it 10 days ago! Oh and one more thing the lady I was talking to was just a overseer and I told her I want to talk to a manager she said you cant talk to anyone else but me. That made me even madder. This experience was horrible and its not even over yet. I will never order anything from Target.com again. "

"I went to purchase the Elf on the Shelf box set with the book, and it was advertised in their weekly ad for $29.95. I arrived, and though they only had the girl version (I was disappointed because we wanted a boy, but it turned out okay), I got excited that the shelf had a gift card promotion I was unaware of - buy the Elf on the Shelf at $29.95 and receive a $5 gift card. I took my elf to checkout and didn't get a gift card. The cashier was unaware of the deal, and referred me to Customer Service. The CS clerk walked back to the display with me and informed me that the $5 gift card deal had ended a few days before. They honored the deal and took down the sign to avoid other guests having the same problem. It worked out in the end, but the lack of communication to the cashiers, the extremely skewed supply of the item, and posted misinformation make me weary of shopping for sale items there."

"Over the last 6 months I have put in 3 different orders and I've had no problems whatsoever. The first one was for multiple items, all kid clothing, I received everything in less than a week. The second one was for curtains and a 2' by 3' wall mirror. They came in separately in 5-8 days. The mirror was well packaged and in pristine condition. The last one was for a girl's snow suit. The whole thing was too big for my daughter, but that's not their fault, so I returned it to the store with the receipt included in the package, no questions asked and my credit card was refunded immediately."

"DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT EVER order online from Target! On December 1st I ordered a SodaStream Fountain Jet Black/Silver Soda Maker Starter Kit. After I entered the order the confirmation advised it would ship between DEC 12 - 14! Well, ok, still in time for Xmas. On December 8 at 12:45 a.m. I received an email advising "There's a delay on your order . . . " and it wouldn't ship until between December 21-26! Too late! So I drove up to the nearest Target store, bought one there off the shelf for the same price, then went online to cancel the online order. Surprise! You can't cancel online except within the first half hour of placing your order. So I called customer service, spoke with an obviously offshore customer service rep (with very heavily accented English) who advised I couldn't cancel because the order was "ready to ship." When I reminded him I had just received an e-mail saying it wouldn't ship until December 21-26, he then advised I couldn't cancel because the order had gone to the "Order Fulfillment Center." When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for a couple of minutes, then told "all of the supervisors are out and wouldn't be back for an hour." (!!) I asked if a supervisor could call me back, and I was told they don't make outbound calls!

I WILL call back in an hour, and I will continue to call back until this order is cancelled. This is the WORST online customer service I have EVER experienced. Order online from Target at your own peril! (In other words, DON'T!)

"I love going to Target! I shop at Target about once a month. But I will be cautious about ordering with them online again. I like others have experience customer service communication issues where you can not understand the people on the other end of the line. Plus, my order form states that 2 items will ship in one package. I have only received one item. They reassure me that another package is on the way. But the tracking number is the same as the first package. How does that work? I have called twice tonight to complain that they need better order confirmation systems in place. We will see if I get the second item!!!"

"DO NOT ORDER FROM TARGET.COM!!! After reading these reviews, I have concluded that Target.com has a major problem with their customer service. Many of these reviews relay situations very similar to what I have experienced, not once, but twice. The latest incident involves a toy I ordered on 11/22. Rather than fight the crowds on Black Friday, I ordered the toy from Target.com, along with several other items. I received my order in two separate shipments. The packing list in one of the boxes received on 11/26 listed the toy as being part of that shipment. However, the toy was not in the box. I immediately call Guest Services to report that I did not receive the toy I ordered even though it was listed on the packing slip. I spoke with a young man that hardly spoke English. He read his standard apology verbiage and told me he could help me. He stated that the item was still in stock and that it would be shipped to me. He said it should arrive around 12/3. He provided no other information. So I assumed that the item was on its way. By 12/6/2012, I started getting worried, so I called Guest Services again. It sounded like the same person I spoke with on 11/26. It was difficult to understand him. I explained what had happened and he looked up the order. He stated that there was no record of my previous call. He asked if I was given a reference number and I told him no. He said he could refund what I paid for the toy. I advised him that I did not want a refund. I wanted the toy. He checked the inventory and told me the toy was no longer available on line, but it is available in the store. I told him the toy is no longer on sale. It was on sale both in the store and on line when I placed the order. If I go to the store now to purchase the toy, I will have to pay full price. There was nothing in his book of "lines" to answer this. I requested to speak to a supervisor. After several minutes, Rachael came on the line. She advised that the only thing she could do was to refund my money. I reiterated to her, that I did not want a refund. I want the toy at the price I order it. It was obviously available when my order was placed. It is Target.com's error that it was not included in the shipment. I advised her that when I called previously, I was told that the item was in stock and would be sent to me. She advised that they had to wait until my ship date had passed in case the item was shipped in a separate box (even though the packing slip said it was supposed to be in the box I received). But now the item is no longer available so all she can do is refund my money. She said she reviewed the file and did locate where I had called previously. I asked her what was documented in regards to that call. She said the documentation said that I was told that the item would be shipped after my ship date if it was still available and if not, I would be refunded my money. THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD. Also, how was Target.com going to know if I received a later shipment if the item was supposed to be in the box I received? Rachael just kept repeating that all she could do was refund what I paid. I should have known better than to try and order from these people after going through a similar situation about a year ago. SAVE YOURSELF SOME GRIEF AND ORDER FROM SOMEONE ELSE!!! "

"Wow! What terrible customer service. On Black Friday I ordered a RCA Portable DVD player. It was suppose to ship to me by 11/30. So I checked the UPS tracking. It said that my item was ready for shipment but UPS had not received it for shipping yet. So I called Target customer service. I could barely understand the gentleman I was speaking with but after I explained everything to him, he said it was showing a request for return of the product. I told him, "How could i return something I have nver received?" He said that maybe I should check with my local postal office. Why would I do that when it is suppose to be shipped UPS not USPS! He did not understand and put me on hold for 15 mins after I asked to speak to his supervisor. 2nd man portrayed a supervisor, but was really not and after 17 more minutes a women came on and said she was the supervisor, and that she could not help but would send an e-mail to shipping investigators and would get a response for them in 3-5 business days. I asked for a direct number to that dept. but she would not give me one. I could reorder it at full price though!! After reading some of these other reviews, I realize Target has a real scam going on! I will NEVER order anything from them again!!"

"(December 3, 2012)Just a note to the consumer...please be aware that there is absolutely ZERO chance of returning something to Target after the 90 days has expired!!! This past summer I purchased several tech shirts for a race which my family and friends were participating in in honor of my daughter who suffers from multiple disabilities. Four of the shirts did not fit and were unfortunately tucked away in the back of the closet only to be recently discovered. The shirts were brand new, all tags still attached, receipts were in the bag…but the receipts had expired less than a month ago. In hopes of still being able to return the items and apply the money to a Sub for Santa project, I made an attempt to return them to the local Target store! I was informed that I could not be compensated in ANY way! Time had expired!!! They were not even willing to issue a gift card for the amount expended! I requested a phone number so that I could speak to someone in the corporate office. Once again, I was informed that there was NOTHING that could be done but that they would make note of my complaint!!!
Ironically, in speaking with my sister-in-law who happened to be in the store, she shared with me a story where her mother had also had a nightmare of a time returning an item that she had recently purchased from Target.com and her receipt had not even expired! With the Holiday Season upon us, and an economy that is shaky, a Return policy that you can have confidence in is a huge plus! So beware…
Moral of the story: Unless you are 100% confident that you will be satisfied with the product and there will not be any reason to have to return the item, I would consider purchasing the item elsewhere. There is peace in mind in knowing that your purchase is backed by a secure Return Policy. Many of Targets competitors (such as Wal-Mart, Shop- ko, K-mart, Kohl’s etc.) are willing to work with you even if it is merely in the form of an in-store credit (even after 90 days). At least with an in-store credit, in my opinion, both parties come out a winner—the company keeps the money within the store, and the consumer is not left holding a purchase which they cannot utilize!
I normally do not write negative reviews! I strive to look for the positive in a transaction, but today I am left with $40 worth of shirts that I will never be able to use. This was a huge chunk of change which could have gone a long way in purchasing needed items for someone less fortunate!

"I cannot go into stores due to health problems and asked Target to waive their shipping fee. Other companies have done this such as Best Buy and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Target said no, unless I spent more money or opened a charge card with them. I will never shop there again."

"I place an order for a kitchenaid mixer on cyber Monday. Now they send me an email that they are out of stock and I won't get it on time for xmas they wont let me pick it up in a store. But if I try to buy one now at regular price they have it for store pickup. The wanted me to cancel my order because" they don't know when they are going to have it" BS!!!! Will Never buy from them again! !!"

modified review This review was modified by edmundo on November 30 2012 02:38:35 PM

"I placed an order on target.com then looked up reviews online, only to see negative feedback. I was so worried I would have issues. But nope, everything was delivered on time and was the correct order. I am very pleased and releived that everything worked out. Would deffinitely shop at target.com again!!

"I went to Target and spent $213 and realized I did not have my debit card. No problem, I have my check book. Wrote a check and it was denied through their "Certegy" company. Never in my life have I bounced a check anywhere or been denied for anything. I know people have, but I have not. I have had a checking account for over 20 years. (Lucky I had a debit card for another account that I used due to embarrassment) When I called this company they could not offer any reason for the denial other than identity theft is high during this season??? Really! They don't trust their employees to verify my drivers license? And this was the Target I have used for years right up the street from me and a local bank (that I work at!). Never again! I have now purchased the same items at ToysRUs and Walmart, they take my checks/money no problem. I will now return these items and they have lost my business."

"I odered a RCA dual monitor portable dvd player on Black Friday. Since my order was accepted I did not look for one anywhere else while I was shopping. The next day I get an email that my order was canceled due to not having a correct address. I have lived here for 5 years and have packages sent USPS, Fed EX and UPS. I called the customer support and they could not tell me why my order was cancelled, just excuses about maybe this or maybe that. I asked for a supervisor and I was told to have a nice day and he hung up on me. I then went to Best Buy online and bought a Dynex brand with a case and headphones for $5 more. Target lost my current bussiness and all of my future business as well. I will make sure I tell everyone I know what happened and not to trust Target"

"I recently purchased an air mattress from Target (it was their own branded air mattress). It popped within the two times using it. I tried to take it back, but because I didn't have a receipt (hello, I wasn't planning on it popping, so I threw the receipt out) they said I could get store credit for the lowest price the mattress had been offered at in the last six months and then use that to buy the exact same mattress. The only problem was that the mattress had been on sale for $20 less at some point. So, I had to pay $20 to buy back a faulty mattress."

"TARGET IS TRACKING YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITY.
If you want to block tracking you will not be able to use the Target website at all. Because of the way they have designed their systems you won't be able to even get onto their website. You will receive the ubiquitous ENABLE COOKIES popup.
Kohl's uses all of the same trackers as the others but if you want to block, with Ghostery or Ad Block Plus. you will not be stopped at any point in the buying process.
Do you want your credit card purchases to be tracked?
Amazon is another online retailer that allows blocking.

Target is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Target is a merchant member
Target participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,860 merchant members.