Target Reviews - page 6 - target.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.67/10 290 reviews

Target is not a merchant member
Target does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Target.com has advertised its convenience of returning online purchases through local standing stores, and that is what I did, but I ended up with a frustrating, unpleasant experience.
First of all, the store system was not able to pull up the record of my order even though I had my invoice, my credit card, and even an e-mail record on my iphone to validate my purchase.
The store rep made a call to the service center, and after a long wait, some back & forth, and constant manipulation of the system, store rep was able to initiate the process of refund, but the prices were all wrong. I had to pull out order record through my iphone to validate purchase price of each item. And after 1/2 hour to 45 min struggle, just when I thought this was finally over, I realized that I was not refunded for the tax I paid. And for that, I need to call into the customer service center myself to obtain the tax refund.
I made the call the next day, but the service center told me that they had no record of what I actually kept from the purchase, hence she couldn't tell what needed to be refund, so we had to go through the list of items again for validation.
After all the business, I've requested to speak to a manager regarding of my unpleasant experience, and the answer I received was that Target.com is undergoing a system upgrade, therefore, the tool failed to function (with a underlying message: SORRY FOR YOUR BAD LUCK. YOU CAUGHT US AT THE WRONG TIME.)
It is a mystery to me as to how Target.com operates when its system failed on simple task as such. And how there is absolute no alternate back up when tool did not perform, and the major disconnection between store and online business, where one just pushes responsibility onto the other.

Rating 6/103/5

"I ordered an expensive electric toothbrush from Target.com that was on sale. Although they sent the UPS tracking link the next morning, they didn't actually hand the package to UPS until the week after (status was stuck on "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" for 5 days). Another glaring issue I have with them is that I tried contacting them twice through their contact form online -- not even an acknowledgement e-mail was sent. After no response, I did call them at 2 AM and did get someone to talk to (who wasn't rude). In the end, I did get the item without fuss within the stated delivery estimate 8 days later and shipping was even free, but they really need to work on their customer service and respond to customers. Don't lie to customers by saying a package was shipped when you only printed the shipping label. It's a shame no one from Target is actively monitoring these reviews and trying to make amends; they just don't care."

"Called customer service about shipping charges after numerous issues with the website. Checked, not the user or computer error. Had to speak to 3 diff. people, including 2 managers. There is absolutely no customer consideration what so ever.My experience was with the rudest people with no customer service skills.Issue still not resolved. I would not recommend shopping there especially online. Also, website is terrible to navigate, constantly locks up. What a disappointment !!!"

"If you order something from TARGET.COM and it arrives DAMAGED and is under 70 pounds, YOU are responsible for taking the damaged item to one of their stores to return it! I ordered this online because I have a small two-seater car, and the item is 50 pounds, tooo heavy for me to lift and carry. They will NOT pick it up. "

"Ordered a gift card and I keep getting emails almost every day saying my order has been delayed.

I am trying to cancel my order now and they say it may take 72 hours.

modified review This review was modified by pbhonl on July 10 2012 06:11:25 AM

"I am absolutely disgusted by the extremely poor and unsatisfactory "customer service" I have received through Target. After having no issues through our wedding registry, my husband and I have had a nightmare experience with our baby registry. After registering with Target, we were told that when any item was discontinued or was put on clearance, we would be notified via our registry or email. While doing some shopping in stores, we noticed that our pack 'n play, travel system, high chair and swing were all on clearance. Luckily, we had already received our travel system and swing, but the pack 'n play and high chair were no longer available in stores. I (8 months pregnant) then called my local store to ask why we were not notified. I was told that it is not protocol to notify customers if items on their registry become unavailable. I explained to her that the employees working to set up registries need to be better informed of their protocol. I then asked for the number to customer service so I could talk to them about the situation. After sitting on hold and being transferred to 2 different "customer service" reps, neither or which spoke understandable English, I was transferred to someone I could slightly understand. Just as a reminder, I am 8 months pregnant and extremely stressed at this point. I was told by a rep that the reason I did not receive any notification was because their registry system has had a glitch for over a month. The "glitch" did not allow for us to be notified. I responded by saying that because there been a "glitch" in your system, I, the customer, is being punished by having to pay higher prices to purchase the items online, where they were currently still available. I then mentioned that it would be extremely helpful and would help me view the company better, if they would ship the 2 items to the store so I can purchase them for the current clearance price, which was $30 cheaper for each item. I was told that this could not happen because Target stores and Target.com are two completely separate entities. I laughed at this and explained that it was absolutely ridiculous to even state that. I got angry after being told that I had to buy it online, and hung up the phone. This was Day #1 of dealing with them. On to Day #2. After finally finding a location nearby that carried the high chair, I purchased it for the discounted price. (Now, I had to contact the stores, because customer service at my local St. Peters, MO store told me that they had no way of checking stores and that I needed to look up phone numbers and call the stores. This was shocking to me, as I am used to stores bending over backwards to help.) Anyways, on to Day #2. After purchasing my highchair at the Chesterfield, MO store, I asked about when I would be receiving my 10% discount coupon for closing out my registry. No one at the store, at 6:00 pm could answer my question. I was told I could call and talk to customer service about it. Umm, no thank you. I left, after I had a worker ask if I needed help carrying the high chair out to my car. When I responded yes, as I'm 8 months pregnant and shouldn't be lifting large items, the worker then rolled his eyes at me because I needed help. RUDE!!! After leaving, I popped in to a Target on my way home, and after asking multiple people about the registry completion coupon, I finally convinced someone to call and talk to someone in the gift registry department. I was told that the coupon had been sent out on that day, and I would be receiving it in the mail shortly. I was happy to finally have an answer to this one question. Later on during Day #2, my husband called to talk to customer service about the pack 'n play and to try and come up with a resolution about us having to pay more for a pack 'n play that we were never notified was being discontinued and was unavailable in stores. After talking to multiple customer service reps, 2 managers, and then a senior manager, he was told that their registry system has not had a glitch (yep, we love being lied to) and that she was sorry for us not being notified of the items being discontinued in stores. After explaining to her that we would like to buy the pack 'n play for the current in store price, we were told that is not possible since Target and Target.com are not the same store (Seriously?!?!). After arguing that as a customer, it is not fair to be punished by paying a higher price because it is discontinued in stores and not online. She finally agreed to mailing us a $20 gift card to use toward the pack 'n play when we purchased it online. Story over, nope. This evening, which is 6 days after I was told we'd be receiving our completion code, I decided to look online to see if the pack 'n play is still available. Well, guess what?! It's not available online anymore. When my husband talked to them 6 days ago, there was no mention that this item would be unavailable online. If we had been told that it would soon be unavailable, we would have purchased it at that time. Anyways, my husband continued to talk to talk to customer service, and was told that the registry completion was processed on July 2nd, but that it takes 4 weeks for it to become active and for me to receive it. Mind you, our baby will be here in about 5 weeks. So my husband and I are supposed to close out our registry with the 10% coupon, the few days before the baby arrives. And this is if he doesn't come early. Many of the items left are large, important items, such as a pack 'n play, breast pump, bottles, etc. that would be great to have 10% off of. Now my poor husband has been on the phone with Target "customer service" for almost 2 hours. During this time, he has been lied to by multiple customer service reps. An example of lies were the customer service reps saying that customer service managers are off during the weekend and another one saying that all the managers were on their breaks at this time. After telling the customer service rep, Seth, that stating the managers were off or on break was a complete and utter lie, he was transferred to a senior manager named Michelle. After talking to Michelle, he was treated with even more disrespect. He was hung up on by Michelle after he asked to speak to another manager who could offer him a better resolution than a $25 gift card, and NO registry completion code that could be used in less than 4 weeks. He called back after being hung up on, and talked to another manager who also came up with no resolution. He is currently being told that a corporate manager will not be able to contact him because it is not company protocol. But I guess it is company protocol to hang up on customers, transfer them to representatives that don't speak English that can be easily understood, lie to customers, and not offer any kind of good resolution. Mind you, not one time was my husband hostile, or did he use any inappropriate language, but he was still treated with extreme disrespect. Target has the worst customer service we have ever experienced. After this experience, and after the thousands of dollars we have spent at Target on baby items, household items, and Christmas presents, we will not be shopping there anymore. My husband and I are deeply disgusted with the kind of "customer service" we received in stores and over the phone."

"I placed an order based on the delivery estimate they give me. 2 days later they emailed me about a shipping delay. The new delivery date wasn't good for me anymore as I would be in vacation and I needed this DVD player for in-car viewing. I called them to cancel the order and they said they couldn't cancel. Note that it was a week before the delivery estimate!! They said when it comes refuse it. I said I wouldn't be home. They said you can return it. After we came back from vacation, we saw the expensive package (over $270 value) outside our home. I called Target to return the package and they said return it to local store, then call us so we refund the shipping charges!! What the...!!
What kind of policy is this??? You put monetary burden on customer (who pays for my time and the gas wasted??) just to return the order and IT WAS YOUR FAULT??!!

Horrible order processing, horrible customer service, horrible shipping policy, horrible return processing...need say more??!

Never EVER buy from Target or Target.com; EVER!

"I ordered a back massager over a week ago and have yet to receive it. I needed it for a b-day gift yesterday (SUN)and was told it would arrive Wed-Fri. When Fri came and no package, I tracked the UPS # only to find out UPS delivered it to post office, which would continue it to me and was told I needed to contact supplier. WTF? Supplier? Target was the supplier. The delivery date was moved up on my notice to Fri or Sat. When I called Target, was told to call back after Sat if not arrived. UPS tracking list package was delivered to post office an hour away from me at 9:54am and no one was there to receive package. Target get said the date was moved up for the delivery of it to the post office, not me. So Sun I call and got some ignorant foreigner that kept me on hold hoping I would hang up. When she comes back, tells me she has a tracking # for the post office, which turned out to be no such thing and told me to call back today. Target SUCKS and I wished I had read these reviews and driven 2 hrs to the nearest Walmart and bought the product from them or Amazon. Problem still not resolved and ruined my b-day gift.
Since posting I have gotten to the bottom of this issue with my package. I am in a small town in MO for the summer. When I ordered this package, I put the address of the restaurant where I am working, as well as, the owners last name. Although TARGET failed at giving me the correct info all weekend, so I could track the package, the primary mistake comes from UPS. UPS shipped my package to the post office over an hour from here and that is where all info or tracking stopped. UPS printed a label cutting the correct address off and cutting off the owners last name, critical for proper delivery. So, local post office holding a package with a non exsisting address to someone they do not know. BTW, Target has offered me free shipping, BUT, BUT not in refunding me, but giving me a gift card for $7.13. I told them I will never order, nor shop in their overpriced store again, when I return to Atlanta.

modified review This review was modified by LNCarter on June 25 2012 10:38:05 AM

"First, I had bought 25 picture frames for a special event and needed it by a due date. I ordered 6/24/12 and by 6/15/12, I received an email saying it was on it's way. Great! Except that one picture frame was missing. 4-5 days later, I got an email saying that the item was on back order and may or may not be delivered 7/9-7/25/12. They said if it couldn't be delivered by then, they would cancel the order. They asked me to "approve the new delivery date." Since I needed it by a certain date, I wanted to cancel it. No matter what I did, I could not do it online so I contacted customer service. All they could say was that they couldn't cancel the order either because there is an estimated delivery date. The best option was to wait for it to arrive and return it. How can you not be able to cancel an order that you don't even have and hasn't shipped. RIDICULOUS!

Second, when the 24 frames arrived, the description online was incorrect. The frame did not fit 4x6" photos but 5x7".

Third, they were all missing the glass that covers the pictures!! The frames were still in their original packing from where they were manufactured in China and I suspect that they (Target or manufacturer) did not assemble and install the glass. When I contacted customer service, the only answer they could give me was either to return the frames to Target.com or to the stores and they would give me a refund. I cannot do this as I need the frames ASAP and it is difficult to find a large number of identical frames in stores. The second option was for me to contact the manufacturer myself directly and ask them to replace the glass. They just gave me their main line, did not give me a reference number, a person to contact, etc.

Target is taking NO responsibility for this error. Shouldn't you be responsible for the quality of the product that you sell and to make sure that it is complete without missing parts before you ship it to me? The customer service representative told me that they don't make the frames and so are not responsible and that I would have to contact the manufacturer myself. Shouldn't they apologize, offer to contact the manufacturer themselves, search their warehouse for the missing pieces, etc? How can you tell the customer to basically go find the missing pieces yourself?

Beyond the mistakes that have happened, the fact that there appears to be no effort on the part of Target to make reparations is inexcusable.

"Horrible. Ordered a gift for my Father for Father's Day. Small itme showed up no problem. The large item never showed but I recieved a delivery confirmation. So I called to ask what was going on and was told that the large item was returned becaused we had refused the order. That's funny because we work during the day and the order specifically said no signature was necessary. I'm an so digusted with Target. Their Customer Service sucked and I won't be shopping with them again."

"Target.com is appalling! I was warned not to create a wedding registry but went against the advice of friends...lesson learned. A gift was sent and was supposed to have 2 items, well 1 item was missing. I called and after two hours on the phone I learned the only solution is to re-order the item, re-pay for shipping and tax, oh and wait 5 days to receive my electronic refund. I was also hung up on and never called back after speaking with one phone rep for 30 minutes. I will NEVER shop or register with Target.com again. This experience was HORRID!"

"I found my Father's Day gift and I was so happy when I noticed that Target ship to Puerto Rico although they do not have stores here. Thank you so much!"

"This was my first time ordering from Target online and I am very impressed. My two items arrived 4 days later, as per the tracking. Both fit and were of better quality than I expected! "

Rating 6/103/5

"Very hard to return items. Checkout lanes are always very long. Great array of products though. a bit overpriced but one stop shopping usually is. Very neat and clean stores."

"Avoid Target.com like the plague! Worst of the worst in running an Internet business related to accuracy on their web site of in stock items and extremely poor customer service.

No way to cancel an order after its been placed on an in stock item that is actually out of stock. Almost two weeks later they ship the order and I refuse the UPS delivery. They never even acknowledge receipt of the returned item after 7 days, which their receiving dock person signed for. Now they say call back again next week after its been researched.

Simple solution is to file a claim with Credit Card Company.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST ... THEY SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED AS A FRAUD!