"Wow! What terrible customer service. On Black Friday I ordered a RCA Portable DVD player. It was suppose to ship to me by 11/30. So I checked the UPS tracking. It said that my item was ready for shipment but UPS had not received it for shipping yet. So I called Target customer service. I could barely understand the gentleman I was speaking with but after I explained everything to him, he said it was showing a request for return of the product. I told him, "How could i return something I have nver received?" He said that maybe I should check with my local postal office. Why would I do that when it is suppose to be shipped UPS not USPS! He did not understand and put me on hold for 15 mins after I asked to speak to his supervisor. 2nd man portrayed a supervisor, but was really not and after 17 more minutes a women came on and said she was the supervisor, and that she could not help but would send an e-mail to shipping investigators and would get a response for them in 3-5 business days. I asked for a direct number to that dept. but she would not give me one. I could reorder it at full price though!! After reading some of these other reviews, I realize Target has a real scam going on! I will NEVER order anything from them again!!"

"(December 3, 2012)Just a note to the consumer...please be aware that there is absolutely ZERO chance of returning something to Target after the 90 days has expired!!! This past summer I purchased several tech shirts for a race which my family and friends were participating in in honor of my daughter who suffers from multiple disabilities. Four of the shirts did not fit and were unfortunately tucked away in the back of the closet only to be recently discovered. The shirts were brand new, all tags still attached, receipts were in the bag…but the receipts had expired less than a month ago. In hopes of still being able to return the items and apply the money to a Sub for Santa project, I made an attempt to return them to the local Target store! I was informed that I could not be compensated in ANY way! Time had expired!!! They were not even willing to issue a gift card for the amount expended! I requested a phone number so that I could speak to someone in the corporate office. Once again, I was informed that there was NOTHING that could be done but that they would make note of my complaint!!!
Ironically, in speaking with my sister-in-law who happened to be in the store, she shared with me a story where her mother had also had a nightmare of a time returning an item that she had recently purchased from Target.com and her receipt had not even expired! With the Holiday Season upon us, and an economy that is shaky, a Return policy that you can have confidence in is a huge plus! So beware…
Moral of the story: Unless you are 100% confident that you will be satisfied with the product and there will not be any reason to have to return the item, I would consider purchasing the item elsewhere. There is peace in mind in knowing that your purchase is backed by a secure Return Policy. Many of Targets competitors (such as Wal-Mart, Shop- ko, K-mart, Kohl’s etc.) are willing to work with you even if it is merely in the form of an in-store credit (even after 90 days). At least with an in-store credit, in my opinion, both parties come out a winner—the company keeps the money within the store, and the consumer is not left holding a purchase which they cannot utilize!
I normally do not write negative reviews! I strive to look for the positive in a transaction, but today I am left with $40 worth of shirts that I will never be able to use. This was a huge chunk of change which could have gone a long way in purchasing needed items for someone less fortunate!

"I cannot go into stores due to health problems and asked Target to waive their shipping fee. Other companies have done this such as Best Buy and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Target said no, unless I spent more money or opened a charge card with them. I will never shop there again."

"I place an order for a kitchenaid mixer on cyber Monday. Now they send me an email that they are out of stock and I won't get it on time for xmas they wont let me pick it up in a store. But if I try to buy one now at regular price they have it for store pickup. The wanted me to cancel my order because" they don't know when they are going to have it" BS!!!! Will Never buy from them again! !!"

modified review This review was modified by edmundo on November 30 2012 02:38:35 PM

"I placed an order on target.com then looked up reviews online, only to see negative feedback. I was so worried I would have issues. But nope, everything was delivered on time and was the correct order. I am very pleased and releived that everything worked out. Would deffinitely shop at target.com again!!

"I went to Target and spent $213 and realized I did not have my debit card. No problem, I have my check book. Wrote a check and it was denied through their "Certegy" company. Never in my life have I bounced a check anywhere or been denied for anything. I know people have, but I have not. I have had a checking account for over 20 years. (Lucky I had a debit card for another account that I used due to embarrassment) When I called this company they could not offer any reason for the denial other than identity theft is high during this season??? Really! They don't trust their employees to verify my drivers license? And this was the Target I have used for years right up the street from me and a local bank (that I work at!). Never again! I have now purchased the same items at ToysRUs and Walmart, they take my checks/money no problem. I will now return these items and they have lost my business."

"I odered a RCA dual monitor portable dvd player on Black Friday. Since my order was accepted I did not look for one anywhere else while I was shopping. The next day I get an email that my order was canceled due to not having a correct address. I have lived here for 5 years and have packages sent USPS, Fed EX and UPS. I called the customer support and they could not tell me why my order was cancelled, just excuses about maybe this or maybe that. I asked for a supervisor and I was told to have a nice day and he hung up on me. I then went to Best Buy online and bought a Dynex brand with a case and headphones for $5 more. Target lost my current bussiness and all of my future business as well. I will make sure I tell everyone I know what happened and not to trust Target"

"I recently purchased an air mattress from Target (it was their own branded air mattress). It popped within the two times using it. I tried to take it back, but because I didn't have a receipt (hello, I wasn't planning on it popping, so I threw the receipt out) they said I could get store credit for the lowest price the mattress had been offered at in the last six months and then use that to buy the exact same mattress. The only problem was that the mattress had been on sale for $20 less at some point. So, I had to pay $20 to buy back a faulty mattress."

"TARGET IS TRACKING YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITY.
If you want to block tracking you will not be able to use the Target website at all. Because of the way they have designed their systems you won't be able to even get onto their website. You will receive the ubiquitous ENABLE COOKIES popup.
Kohl's uses all of the same trackers as the others but if you want to block, with Ghostery or Ad Block Plus. you will not be stopped at any point in the buying process.
Do you want your credit card purchases to be tracked?
Amazon is another online retailer that allows blocking.

"Target.com was one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever experienced. I ordered 4 items and received free shipping and $10 off with a coupon I used. I paid for them with 2 gift cards and my credit card. I received shipping confirmations for a package with 3 items and a package with the 1 item I was using online ordering to get. The next day I received an email that my order was cancelled but it had no specifics so I had to call their 800 number. The person who answered, Jason, could barely be understood. He told me there was a problem with the credit card and to call my creditor. Thing is that the gift cards I paid with didn't cover the full amount of everything. So part of the shipment they said was shipped was either free or they did charge my credit card. Jason couldn't understand that logic and just kept repeating the same thing like numerous times would finally make it true. I asked if I could reorder the item with the same discounts as I received with my combined order. He told me I had to reorder the item and would have to pay full price and full shipping. I asked to speak with his supervisor to which he asked, "Why?" He wouldn't accept my answer and refused to put me through. After asking 4 more times, he said he’d transfer me. I waited on hold for nearly 10 minutes before I had to get off the phone resigned to call later. When I called later, I explained to the customer service woman why I was calling and that I was to be speaking with a supervisor. She would not transfer me but instead said, “I’m here to help.” I explained that someone had already attempted to help me and I needed to be transferred. She refused so I relayed everything that happened to which she was able to confirm that my credit card had been charged but only partially- $7 instead of the $30 originally needed. I had already called my creditor and they said nothing was wrong with my card or its limit so it had to be a problem with Target.com. She told me that I could not reorder the items with the same discounts as the original order my item was cancelled from. I again asked to speak with a supervisor to which she refused my request 4 times. I finally said, “Look, I’ve been very patient and don’t know why between two people, I’ve been denied 9 times to speak with someone above you?” She finally put me through to someone who answered after two rings. I explained everything to the supervisor to which he had to restate the entire debacle. I asked him to please reorder my item that had been cancelled with the discounts I originally was given before Target.com cancelled my order. He refused saying, “I’m sorry.” He said he appreciated my business but in the same breath said there was absolutely nothing he could do for me. You’ve got to be kidding me? A corporation like Target can’t honor what they had already granted me? It’s not like I was asking for additional discounts… they’d already honored them 2 days prior but because of their computer issue, they kept telling me it wasn’t their issue to resolve. I will never shop Target.com again."

"I placed an order with Target after much searching, reviewing etc. The order came in, wrong! It was a big package so it had to be sent back. After 4 attempts and 6 hours I finally get a packing slip. However, I have to take it to the UPS store myself. This means find a truck and a man to help me. Ok...I did it!
I was told by Target on two occasions the purchase would be refunded to my credit card. Nope! I get it and because I purchased by Pay Pal they won't do it. They give me a gift card! A 263.00 gift card!
This was not my fault, they sent the wrong order! I talked to two supervisors and nothing. They won't send me a check, or refund my money. Instead they are insisting I spend money in their store!
I'm done! They really do stink in the customer service department.

"Placed an order with Target.com. They sent the wrong item. They acknowledged that they sent the wrong item. Normal process: I return the item, they get it back, then send out the new one. It was time sensitive to me so I asked them to send a new one, which I would pay for, so it would be in transit ASAP, then give me a refund for the original when it got back to them. No risk to them, but got things going faster. The operator wouldn't do it. No deviation from the process, not even with no risk to them, was allowed. Finally the 'top level manager that you can speak with by phone' agreed to do it. They, however, would not pay to expedite it to arrive in time. Acknowledge their mistake, 'wished they could do it'. Couldn't expedite the processing time, wouldn't expedite ANYTHING. My choice: pay more than the item is worth to get it in time, or have it arrive very, very late and break a kids' heart. Then she got snippy because I was taking her time. Target just lost my business and that of any event/organization in which I have an influential voice. It may be a drop in the bucket to a company so large, but eventually they will realize that companies with good customer service grow, companies with poor customer service just hang on until the either change or alienate everyone. (FYI, Target: since your legal department has obviously written a script of the 5 statements a manager is allowed say to a customer during a resolution process, please not it isn't helping your case. It makes us angrier to have a line repeated at us rather than an honest conversation with your 'managers')."

"Pro: Excellent selection, clean stores

Cons: Perhaps the worst retailer in the marketplace in customer satisfaction.... Very much a take-it-ot-leave-it approach to customer issues. No price matching policy. Will not even match target.com pricing when lower than local store.

modified review This review was modified by cole-744 on October 14 2012 05:09:43 AM

"Nice clean store. Not many team members if you need help, guess it is help yourself. Nice,friendly cashier, good selection. No managers ever in sight, do they have any! I have never seen one."

"I ordered a futon for my new apt. Not only did it come over 5 days late! I NEVER received the full product I paid for. Target never sent me my futon frame! I called customer care and was give many stores from very rude customer services. I then had spoken to manger who told me my money would be refunded but I would have to order the futon again. Keeping in mind the futon was no longer available. after 3 days of no refund for the $200 I lost I called again to speak with a manger. The customer service rep I first spoke with told me to please hold and the she HUNG UP ON ME. Do not order anything form this company!!! they will steal your money and have the worst customer services. Save your self. believe me! I am out $200 and stuck with a crappy mattress."

modified review This review was modified by unhappyTarget on October 05 2012 12:09:52 PM

Target is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Target is a merchant member
Target participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.