"Purchased my KDL-52XBR2 from TvsDepot.com, which got delievered within a week. The sales told me i
was entitled to receive a HD DVD player for free as advertised in the web site. I was told that the HD DVD player migh value at about $100 so that they charged me another $20 for this DVD shipment. In fact, after they shipped the LCD TV, they did not shipped the HD DVD player to me. I had to call them twice after 3 weeks. I was told that i needed to put a ratting for their store in the internet web stores ratting site in order to receive the shipment. After i did following their suggestion, they shipped the DVD player with UPS gorund, which took about 10 days to arrive. When i received the DVD player, i was so supprised that
the DVD player is not the $100-value HD DVD player item at all. It's a crap brand "COBY" DVD player, for which you can buy for $25 from anywhere. They charged me $20 for the UPS groud shipment, which may usually cost $5 for a 3 pounds item.

After i reviewed the whole process of my purchase from this store, i have a feeling that this
store is somewhat not honst. When i placed the order for the LCD TV, they also pushed me to buy the extra 3 years warrantee that costed me $200.

Although their basic price is a little bit competitive, and customer service is OK, i would like to deal with some other honest store later.

modified review This review was modified by sonylcd52 on August 26 2007 03:01:29 PM

"My experience dealing with them was great.
The product was delivered promptly and at a fabulous price. Rachel from Customer service was very helpful and nice. I would deal with them again.

"Found the site through comparison shopping, prices were competitive and offered free upgrade to 2nd day shipping. Placed order, was never notified that additional info would be needed to complete order. Came home the next day to a voicemail wanting to "confirm" my order, when I called back the CSR was *VERY* pushy about adding a warranty. Initially they wanted $120 for the warranty, after saying no several times he dropped the price to $99, and after saying no to that he lowered the price to $79 and upgraded me to a 2GB SD card for the camera I was purchasing. I agreed to this, he sent me a modified invoice for my approval.When the Modified invoice arrived, it listed the orginal price plus $99.98, so I called back and asked, he said a mistake had been made and promptly sent me out a new invoice which reflected the correct price. I'm not sure if this was an attempt to get me to pay the higher price, or an honest mistake, but it was resolved promptly.

I received an email with tracking information later that day, and received the product as advertised with all bells and whistles 2 days later. All in all a positive experience, but it would have been nice to know that they would be calling to "confirm" my order (an obvious attempt to upsell after you have placed your order). I also didn't appreciate the pushy CSR, but it wasn't a deal-breaker.

"This company is very dishonest. I purchased a camera last night online through their website. I called AM of 7/11 to change the color of the camera from red to silver. I was transferred to "Frank" who tried to hard sell me another battery and a charger (he said the battery that came with the Sony camera was a temporary battery that would only last 2-3 charges and would then have to be thrown away!). I refused about 10 times and he then told me "Ok, I will charge yuo the $49 for the other two items". I then threatened to report him to BBB and my credit card company for fraud and he backed down and said he would make the change in color and send me an email right away.

After a couple of hours I received no email, so I called back. I spoke to an even nastier customer service representative. He informed me that the model that I was receiving was not a USA model (he insisted that this was clearly posted on the website - actually the website said it DID have a USA warrany, so he lied) and that I would need to pay an extra $20 to receive the USA model or I would otherwise get a Japanese model with the menu being in Japanese. When I tried to cancel my order, he stated that I would be charged a 25% cancellation fee - even though the item had not yet been shipped out. When I protested he became confrontational and said I was interrupting him and he was trying to be reasonable when I was not. I told him I would call my credit card company and dispute any charge and terminated the phone call. He then called back and stated he was being entirely reasonable that they were recording my phone call and that I was not letting him speak. He again reiterated what he told me earlier, but this time he would only charge me $10 more for the USA model, which was a good deal. I again declined and while I was trying to tell him how upset I was at this whole situation, he started chanting " Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" so that he couldn't hear what I was saying. I told him I hoped that he was recording this part of the conversation as well, so that everyone could see how well their customer service representatives treated their customers and I then terminated the phone call.

"This company is sneaky and dishonest, using a number of techniques to try to charge you more than what you initially agreed to. I ordered a TV and my invoice says "shipping & insurance: $0". Nonetheless, they tried to trick me into verbally authorizing a new total that included a $100 shipping insurance charge, when they had me call to "confirm" my order. Luckily I caught it and said I wasn't paying a shipping insurance charge since my invoice said there was none. But then they tried to sneak it in again with a "credit verification" link they emailed to me saying I had to use it complete the order. Luckily, I caught again that the total was more than my invoice. After 2 weeks and several calls and emails (my emails were never replied to), the best they were willing to do was charge only $50 instead of $100 more than what my invoice said. Needless to say, I canceled my order, though they refuse to send me any confirmation of the cancellation. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!"

"Do NOT buy from this company. They say their product is factory new and it comes in a plain box and IS NOT new. They also sent me the wrong color digital camera and said I HAD to pay to send it back to them. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!"

"i thought this CO. was a honest company ,

I FOUND OUT DIFFERENT i spent 5700.00 on a projector for a customer of mine
it arived Damaged and not in the factory sealed box.. they state on there website that it was going to be brand new factory sealed .. well they lie it wasnt and it was so poorley packed in no box but the shipping plain box.... with very little packing around it This ITEM is a delacate piece THERE was NO indacation about FRAGLE on the box or anything to express the content of this item it weighs 61 pounds and should have been packed in the orginal SONY box with propper packing around it ... i filed a claim with U.P.S. the B.B.B. and my Credit Card CO. to get my money back . U.P.S. came out to inspect this damage and from what i learned from a U.P.S. person it was concittered poorley packegded .
since this company has not sent a shipping tag or refunded me for 3 weeks now . its been nothing but a BullS*** dealing with thease conmen.
i get no return emails and lies about contact me back. STAY AWAY FROM THEM THERE A BAD DEAL!!!!!@

"This company is sneaky and dishonest, using a number of techniques to try to charge you more than what you initially agreed to. I ordered a LCD TV and my invoice says "shipping & insurance: $0". Nonetheless, they tried to trick me into verbally authorizing a new total that included a $100 shipping charge, when they had me call to "confirm" my order. Luckily I caught it and said I wasn't paying any shipping insurance charge since my invoice said there was none. But then they tried to sneak it in again with a "credit verification" link they emailed to me saying I had to use it complete the order. Luckily, I caught again that the total was different than my invoice. After two weeks and several calls and emails (my emails were never replied to), the best they were willing to do was charge only $50 (instead of $100) more than what my invoice said. Needless to say, I canceled my order, though they refuse to send me any written/email confirmation of the cancellation. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!"

"DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! I ordered a digital camera and was sent the wrong one and was charged a shipping fee when it was advertised with free shipping. In order to return the item, I have to pay a return shipping charge as well as a %15 restocking fee for THEIR MISTAKE. I reported them to the BBB. Please research companies before you buy. I made the mistake of not doing my research! "

"They were pushy and inconsiderate... The order was not shipped on time and thier attitudes SUCK! They are not worth the hassle of the few dollars you save if you are lucky to actually get what you want from them. Dont waist your time and effort here."

"I order an Monster Cable Surge Suppressor from TVSDEPOT and waited a month and never received it. After numerous calls they told me they no longer could get the item. It is still on their website for the same price I ordered the item for. They eventually told me they would provide a step down model for 20 dollars less. The model they sent me was not even a compareable model. I have called to return the item and have been placed on hold at the back of the line 5 times, after speaking to the same guy 3 times and another individual twice. I am now going to report to the BBB."

"Order was cancled with no reason. Unable to get anyone at customer service to provide answer..."

"Bought a plamsa tv from them. Worse decision I ever made in my life. They took an extremely long time to get back to me to confirm my order, and that was only after I called them and got bounced around from one salesperson to the other for forty minutes and then when I realized their shipping was wayyyyy overpriced, I called to check it out and they refused to cancel my order. Terrible sales team-- do not buy anything of value from this company unless you have a lot of time and money to spare."

"I placed an order for two nikon d200. The website mentioned specifically that it comes with USA manufacturer's warranty. However, a guy named Joey called and told me to return his call for confirm the order. Once I called he said that the item isn't USA manufacturer's warranty although it clearly stated in their website. He wasn't that friendly either when talking with me. He tried to sell the USA mfg warranty for a lot more than what is listed on the site. I decided to cancel the order. This company also owns other website: www.fotoconnection.com. BEWARE of this company. They said different things in order to rip you off."

modified review This review was modified by rkresnadi on February 21 2007 03:50:30 PM

"Ordered a new in the factroy sealed box Denon 2807 avr receiver and received a defective opened box 2807 that would only power on! Half of the accessories were not in the box either.

I called RODNEY in customer no service and got no service... Put me on hold then hung up. I called back and repeated what I had received and my complaint and this one said to send it to Denon service center. I said no, you sent something other than what I ordered and I was returning it to them. He said good luck as we won't accept it.

I had to dispute the transaction with my credit card company and they charged it back... Went to a local store and bought one there... Great receiver

I have never received such crappy service from any retialer... If you want to be mistreated... SHOP HERE!!!

TVsDepot / GBShopping / Fotoconnection.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TVsDepot / GBShopping / Fotoconnection.com is not a merchant member
TVsDepot / GBShopping / Fotoconnection.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!