Stores > Sunnysports

• Fax: (347) 368-2240

Product & services pricing Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10

2016-01-26

Would give them SIX stars if possible!

"After about 12 years my old Timberland hiking boots had bit the dust (Think "sole" worn out and flapping kinda worn out, 2 of the 6 metal shoelace eyelets un-attached, etc). While I liked the look of leather, they just were not THAT warm so I started searching for a newer style boot that would hold up in WELL below freezing temperatures.

The Salomon Snowtrip TS WP Winter Hiking Boots fit the bill PERFECTLY and this site had them on sale for $40 less than any other seller (Paid $89.95 with FREE shipping) which was a SCREAMING BARGAIN. A day later, a SunnySports representative reached out to me to let me know that there was an issue with the original credit card processing. Of course, by then the boots had returned to 'regular' price and I thought... "Oh well, the CC was due to a hold on may part for another vendor so I missed my chance" now that they are no longer on sale. However, the SunnySports customer service rep said, "No problem keeping the same price, we can just apply a different credit card and complete the sale that way with the original price". We did just that & I got them quickly.
The boots themselves fared quite well in a recent ski trip where the temperatures never exceeded 10-degrees Fahrenheit for 4 days. My feet remained cozy the entire time. I have to admit that I had originally questioned the ability of the almost "tennis shoe" looking boots to retain heat and keep my feet dry. They performed VERY WELL in all respects. I even spent an hour and a half helping others dig out of the 40-inches of snow we had received in those few days. The boot's closure system did everything it is advertised to do and snow never got into my boot.

Fast Service and Great Communication

"I ordered two jackets and it arrived very fast (5 days, including a weekend).
Prior to this order, I had to call and cancel and spoke with Customer Service, they were very helpful and positive.

Once nice thing is that SunnySports seems to be on top of their game with your order, as I received a few emails from them stating my order had shipped, and one saying it's almost there, etc.

This review was modified by awcallis on January 26 2016 01:07:20 PM

Great!

"I received the jacket pretty quickly. It was a great price and I had been looking for a jacket. I wanted something warm, light, water proof. I got everything I wanted! It fits as expected. The bonus to this jacket is that it separates. When all together, it's very warm, wind proof, and water proof. When separated, the inside is very warm and light, not bulky. I love this jacket, especially the price I paid for I."

This review was modified by Tranelsmcbride on January 26 2016 10:32:53 AM

2016-01-26

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!

"My coat arrived in the nick of time for our Blizzard 2016......"

2016-01-16

Speedy delivery of quality merchandise.

"After searching EVERYWHERE for a Marmot down coat for my son, I came across Sunnysports, who not only had the size and color I needed, but at a significantly cheaper price than other sites. I checked the BBB who gave them an A+ rating. There were a few complaints about returns and exchanges that were ultimately resolved, so I took a chance and went ahead and purchased it. I ordered it on a Friday around noonish. I really needed it for the cold weather front coming for Monday, but with Monday being MLK holiday, I hesitated to pay the extra money for expedited shipping. I ultimately decided against it, and just went with the free standard shipping and to my surprise it was actually delivered to me the following afternoon. I was worried that the merchandise would be sketchy or fake, but it's definitely not. Very satisfied with the transaction!"

2016-01-01

"After a great deal of on-line research looking for a warm winter coat, I determined that a Columbia Barlow Pass 550 winter parka was what I needed. Luckily, I found Sunnysports because after plenty of on-line searching, they were the only store I found that had the color and size I needed in stock. Not even the Columbia home store had one in stock. Even though I ordered the coat a few days before Christmas, Sunnysports was able to process and ship the item the following business day. That's great service, especially during such a hectic part of the year. It was even on sale. The coat arrived on the anticipated delivery day, via standard shipping. The coat fits perfectly, and the quality is outstanding. I will definitely look at Sunnysports for future purchases. "

This review was modified by mlsward on January 01 2016 11:52:41 AM

2015-09-25

"I ordered a North Face backpacking sleeping bag which was listed online as weighing 2 pounds. When the package arrived the same day I was leaving on a backpacking trip, it was massive and weighed over 4 pounds. I had to use the bag for one night then went through their very slow customer service to try to return it. They are only willing to issue store credit and in order to use the store credit I have to call a sales rep, I can not just order online. The process of receiving the credit has taken a few weeks. I will order one more item to get my money back and will never use or recommend Sunny Sports again."

2015-08-14

"Outstanding customer service and very fast shipping"

2015-08-13

"I've made 2 order with sunnysports, it shipped promptly and received it with no issues. It has some of the best prices out there. Great outdoor equipment store. Would definitely do business with them again."

2015-07-13

"Seemed like a good company. Reviews seemed alright and the prices were great. However, after ordering we had the issue with our order never showing up and between trying to figure it out with UPS-(Apparently there was no sign-upon-delivery for a $60+ package???) we called them after 10 days of hearing nothing and then another 5 days of back and forth with them promising their driver would come by to attempt to retrieve the package. Of course this driver never showed up once.) Finally, UPS filed the claim (?) and I attempted to contact Sunny Sports to find out when I could expect it to be resolved (as I needed to know if I needed to reorder the items with only 2 weeks until our trip) and all I received was 'Let us contact UPS and we will get back to you. Thank you for your patience.' It's been another week and they have never gotten back to me. Getting just a bit frustrated.. Ordered these items a month ago on the 16th and now we were forced to re-order them through Amazon (which of course was more expensive to get them here in time before we leave Saturday.) Someday hopefully this will be figured out. UPS has no respect of mine and SunnySports has definitely lost a customer."

2015-07-05

"My order with Sunny Sports was the best transaction I've experienced in a long time. In filling out the online form, I made an error that needed to be corrected right away or the wrong person would have been billed. Everyone I had contact with was so kind, fixed my errors, answered my questions and always gave me a response within a few hours. I was very pleased with the whole transaction, and happy I chose this company to place my order.
Shop with confidence.

2015-06-26

"I did not have a good experience with this internet seller. I purchased an Eureka Grand Manan Tour Tent because the features stated that it was Bug Free and had a Screen Room. We live in the south where mosquitos are an issue. When we set up the tent, we were dismayed to discover that the screen room could not be Bug Free because the bottom of the door into the screen room doesn't mechanically close in any way, making it very unBug Free. When I contacted the seller, they wouldn't take it back because I had used it. They told me to take it up with Eureka. Eureka told me that they wouldn't take it back and refund my money because they are not the ones who received my money. They sent me back to Sunny Sports. Sunny Sports remained immovable on their line that they would not refund my money because I had used it. All the pictures and descriptions on their website indicated that I was getting a Bug Free tent. Sunny Sports maintained that it was not their fault that it was different from the info provided because Eureka had supplied them the info. I filed a Dispute of the charges with my credit card company and they agreed that it clearly qualified as a legitimate dispute based on the merchandise not being as described in the advertising. My account will be credited back the amount I was charged. Supposedly Sunny Sports is to email me a Return Merchandise form so that I can send them back this tent. Their lack of responsiveness and not taking responsibility was very frustrating!

Update: On 6-26-15 advised customer service that I had filed a Dispute with VISA due to merchandise not being as advertised and will be receiving my credit from VISA. Asked them to please send me an RMA and I would return the tent to them. Also advised them that I was leaving negative feedback about them online. On 7-1-15 customer service called me to say that they would issue me a full refund, emailed me the RMA. Received my refund to VISA card on 7-8-15. Certainly will make sure I always order online using my VISA card so they can help me apply leverage against unfair selling practices, should I ever need that in the future with any purchase from anyone.

2015-02-19

"horrible experience (in progress). I ordered 2 same item from the sunnysports.com. i got the 2 brand new boxed item. but one of them is wrong item (different size although box says correct size). what is even worse is it is very used item (maybe returned or something like that). sent an email to customer service, but they are being very slow.

if you get brand new, correct item from sunnysports, it might be okay. otherwise, don't waste time.

==================== update 2015-02-23
I got a phone call from customer service rep. she helped me to refund the item and sent a free shipping label. i'll update once the whole process this done.

==================== update 2015-03-13
I also posted on yelp, and CSR contacted me on yelp. he asked me to sent an email, but no respond. (this is before above update)

anyways,

I returned it, and it got there 3/3/15 according to the ups tracking. No refund yet as of 3/13/15. No contact from sunnysports (no email, no phone call, no nothing)
I contacted them 3/10/15, they said they are busy and ask me to be patient.

======= (hopefully) final update
after I post comment, i got an email right away that they will process refund. and, i got the refund as of 03/15/2015. purchase date is 1/31/2015.

2015-02-03

"This company is top notch. Great products + ecceptional customer service = customer for life. I could go on and on but simply put, One of the best. I will not hesitate to tell as many people possible how awesome Sunnysports is.
This is the way shopping should be !!!!!!!!

2015-02-02

"Fantastic turnaround! Could not ask for a better experience. Ease of ordering, excellent customer service and a product that was available in the right size and color! I did not have to compromise on what I wanted - a uniquely great experience. One I hope to replicate with Sunnysports many times in the future."

Share Sunnysports's store rating

Sunnysports is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Sunnysports is a merchant member
Sunnysports participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,537 merchant members.