StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net Reviews - page 8 - starmicroinc.net Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.33/10 217 reviews

StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net is a merchant member
StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,866 merchant members.

What is this?

"Always have had good luck only one return and that was no hassle. Free Shipping is very slow but they ship quickly. "

modified review This review was modified by wfkuhn on March 03 2010 02:59:23 PM

"Ordered a cpu and it was doa or was not compatible with my motherboard, even though the specs were right. The RMA process was easy and prompt. StarMicro refunded the full amount less the shipping. Transaction was timely and very satisfactory. Submitted another order for a different cpu. Shipping was prompt and cpu operated satisfactorily."

modified review This review was modified by canoehenge on January 09 2010 01:16:41 PM

"I have placed 2 orders with Starmicro and am happy with both of them. Fast shipping and I had no problems with what I purchased. I just hope they expand to include other products like motherboards, video cards etc. Another thing I liked was when I ordered I wasn't enrolled in a "coupon" scam where you pay $10 a month for coupons. I will happily buy needed items from Starmicro in the future."

Rating 8/104/5

"I have made several orders to STAR MICRO and each
order was received in a timely manner.

modified review This review was modified by aimhightoday on March 09 2010 03:48:28 PM

"Product ID: 1505
Product Name: Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz 400MHz 423 PIN CPU OEM
I have always been supremely satisfied with the operation of StarMicro in their online purchase process. This includes the website and its user-friendly organization, the use of any product/technical support,the purchase process, and the packaging/promptness/completeness/care of the final delivery. I have ordered a total of four instances, with these same results. This time, when my order arrived, their was a factor that was not to my satisfaction. I contacted StarMicro, provided them with a statement of my concern, followed by a list of my attempts at correction. They contacted me immediately back, stating their understanding and agreement to the problem. In a short time, which was approximately 4-5 days, the problem had been corrected, and my status as a fully satisfied customer had been restored. I don't purchase a lot of merchandise on line, but in reality it is a fair amount. I have never had a firm respond so quickly and completely to a customer service issue, with the possible exception of Microsoft [in their very early days],and LD Products [recently], when you could submit by email/phone with a tech support request at 4PM on one day, and have an answer back by the next [early], morning and in some cases immediately. In my opinion, StarMicro, even in today's busy business climate, has been able to effect a supreme level of customer service-satisfaction to problem resolution. Some other companies could do well to learn from them. StarMicro will continue to have me as a customer based on their competitive pricing, ease of website navigation, product/technical support, customer service, and final delivery. Thank you StarMicro, for the operation of a geat business model.

Sincerely

Sam Lyckholm
R&D Lab Engineer
Crestline CA 92325

"I've been a customer for years now...Good prices, fast delivery...No experience with customer service for ages...I know what I need, they deliver it."

"I've ordered CPUs and memory from StarMicro for years and have NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. They have great prices, great selection, fast shipping, and great customer service if you should need it. They are on my short-list."

"Great Product, Great Price, Very Fast Service. I have ordered several different times, many different items and always have very pleased"

Rating 6/103/5

"Ordered Celeron D 2.53Ghz Step SL7NU from StarMicro. As with others here, they didn't get it right the first shipment. Sent CPU with no pins. Called Returns line and spoke with them. Explained what I needed, and told them I would scan photos of one I am replacing to ensure they get the next shipment correct. Did that -sent to RMA email. Second CPU arrive faster than the first. This time - it was correct. So far, works fine in the system. For those who were frustrated by this service, I completely understand. However, you can't expect too much when you are dealing with a company that resells pulls from outdated machines, etc. Basically, you take your chances. Since the price I paid was very good, I am willing to deal with a bit of inconvenience. To their credit, they credited my account for the 1st CPU very quickly, but I did have to suck up on the shipping the first mistake back to them."

"Fast (actually, super fast) processing + delivery. Best price, fast accurate service ... what else could you ask for? Would most definitely buy from them again."

"I am a hobbyist who repairs and builds computers. I have been using StarMicro for my memory and CPU needs because of their reasonable prices and free (over $25) shipping. I have only had one issue in recent years and it was handled in a hassle-free and prompt manner. I plan to continue to do business with them."

modified review This review was modified by kybfore on August 27 2010 12:53:42 PM

"Ordered an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2 on Dec. 17th and received it on Dec. 21 (there was also a weekend in between those dates) swapped out my old 3000+ for the new 3800+ and wha-la! booted right up and all is sweet running dual core now! Thanks Starmicro for the fast order processing & shipping! Will most definitely come back."

modified review This review was modified by Echo2k5 on December 23 2009 01:04:06 PM
North Hills, CA
Rating 4/102/5

"Star Micro has provided generally poor service, including some business practices I consider unacceptable and deceptive.

I ordered an Intel QX6800 CPU, but they sent a different CPU instead - one incompatible with my current motherboard and chipset.

I returned the CPU they had sent via a prepaid RMA shipping label, but after receipt of my return they issued me a refund, without any prior notice or approval, rather than sending a correct replacement.

Upon contacting Star Micro to find out why, they informed me that they could not provide a replacement for the CPU I actually ordered, even though that part continues to be listed for purchase on their site. More troublingly, they indicated that the original shipment was not made in error, but that they *intentionally* sent the wrong CPU, again without any prior notice or approval, because the CPU I had actually ordered was determined to be out of stock and unavailable.

Not only was the CPU they sent incompatible with the one I ordered, but their sale price for the item they sent is half that of the CPU I actually ordered.

The only reason I am not rating this transaction an overall 1 is that they did provide a prepaid RMA label, and issued a proper refund without requiring the intervention of my credit card company. However, I will certainly never attempt to do business with them again, and would advise all others against it as well.

As a point of contrast, after completing this fiasco, I was able to purchase an identical CPU from a different, more reputable online seller (ZipZoomFly), which arrived quickly and exactly as described, in bulk (but not OEM) packaging with full 3-year warranty information, which is a major improvement over the 30-day warranteed OEM part offered by Star Micro. And I actually paid a price that was 1 cent cheaper!

modified review This review was modified by ESElrond on December 22 2009 10:01:54 AM

"You would think that a company that only sells CPU's and memory would know what they are doing. Well, you'd be wrong to think that. They can't even figure out ECC memory from Non-ECC. At first they admit their mistake and will pay for the return postage and then the next minute they are refusing to. I was suppose to get free shipping to begin with because my order was over $25. Did I get free shipping? No..I did not. They charged me for it. Did I bitch to them about it? No..I did not. So now I'm suppose to pay for return shipping, and then hope and pray I actually get refunded? As if. I should have just set the money on fire. This was my first and last purchase with these morons. This is what I get for straying from Newegg.

"I have made many purchases at "StarMicro" through Pricewatch. All my deliveries have been prompt, the Price and quality of merchandise has "Always been excellent" A very good company to do business with."