• Address: 817 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA

Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10

What is this?

randysvh's Avatar
Seattle, wa

"I have ordered from Star Micro numerous times with excellent results. I always get what i ordered within a few days without fail. The only blip i have this time is with the memory i ordered. i got two that were alike and the other two were dissimilar. It is usually best when you get pairs that are the same. Minor issue, otherwise i have no complaints. Good price and good dealer.

randy

=================================================
March 6, 2010 order
Unfortunately, this was not a pleasant experience for two reasons. The main one is that i lost a customer as a result of an order that took 13 days to receive. Sorry but no excuse. Second, is that i had no convenient way to get customer support since they close so early and email was not accessible when responding to the orders email i received. i have an unconventional schedule, which does not help time wise to make a call during normal business hours.

I am terribly disappointed. Not sure how i will recover from the customer loss and now i have product i do not need. Will i purchase again, possibly, but i will double check my resources before making the next purchase. I definitely will not make a purchase when a customer is waiting for results.

Sorry guys, you failed me this time and i am not sure what to say, other than customer service is foremost and number one on my list.

Think twice,
randy

modified review This review was modified by randysvh on March 20 2010 01:55:37 AM

"I ordered a 478 pin CPU to upgrade a PC. Star Micro had what I needed and shipped it quickly. I'll shop again and recommend the site to friends."

"Ordered PC2700 memory and expected it to take a week. It was shipped 1/8/10 and arrived in MA on 1/11/10. Outstanding. I told the person I bought it for that I would install it on or after 1/15 but installed it on 1/13. She was delighted at the speed up of her machine and with the price. STAR MICRO made two people happy. In another transaction about a year ago I needed a 3.2GHz P4 CPU but it had to be a Northwood with special codes for the fussy MB I bought. I called them and they sent the exact code CPU I needed. I always check with SM first before I go anywhere else."

"I ORDERED A HARD DRIVE THAT WAS SURPPOSED TO BE RECONDITIONED AND ALL ORDERS OVER $25 WERE TO BE FREE SHIPPING. WHAT I RECEIVED WAS A VERY DIRTY PART AND WAS CHARGED $4 FOR DELIVERY. THE ITEM WORKED SO I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY."

"Always have had good luck only one return and that was no hassle. Free Shipping is very slow but they ship quickly. "

modified review This review was modified by wfkuhn on March 03 2010 02:59:23 PM

"Ordered a cpu and it was doa or was not compatible with my motherboard, even though the specs were right. The RMA process was easy and prompt. StarMicro refunded the full amount less the shipping. Transaction was timely and very satisfactory. Submitted another order for a different cpu. Shipping was prompt and cpu operated satisfactorily."

modified review This review was modified by canoehenge on January 09 2010 01:16:41 PM

"I have placed 2 orders with Starmicro and am happy with both of them. Fast shipping and I had no problems with what I purchased. I just hope they expand to include other products like motherboards, video cards etc. Another thing I liked was when I ordered I wasn't enrolled in a "coupon" scam where you pay $10 a month for coupons. I will happily buy needed items from Starmicro in the future."

"I have made several orders to STAR MICRO and each
order was received in a timely manner.

modified review This review was modified by aimhightoday on March 09 2010 03:48:28 PM

"Product ID: 1505
Product Name: Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz 400MHz 423 PIN CPU OEM
I have always been supremely satisfied with the operation of StarMicro in their online purchase process. This includes the website and its user-friendly organization, the use of any product/technical support,the purchase process, and the packaging/promptness/completeness/care of the final delivery. I have ordered a total of four instances, with these same results. This time, when my order arrived, their was a factor that was not to my satisfaction. I contacted StarMicro, provided them with a statement of my concern, followed by a list of my attempts at correction. They contacted me immediately back, stating their understanding and agreement to the problem. In a short time, which was approximately 4-5 days, the problem had been corrected, and my status as a fully satisfied customer had been restored. I don't purchase a lot of merchandise on line, but in reality it is a fair amount. I have never had a firm respond so quickly and completely to a customer service issue, with the possible exception of Microsoft [in their very early days],and LD Products [recently], when you could submit by email/phone with a tech support request at 4PM on one day, and have an answer back by the next [early], morning and in some cases immediately. In my opinion, StarMicro, even in today's busy business climate, has been able to effect a supreme level of customer service-satisfaction to problem resolution. Some other companies could do well to learn from them. StarMicro will continue to have me as a customer based on their competitive pricing, ease of website navigation, product/technical support, customer service, and final delivery. Thank you StarMicro, for the operation of a geat business model.

Sincerely

Sam Lyckholm
R&D Lab Engineer
Crestline CA 92325

"I've been a customer for years now...Good prices, fast delivery...No experience with customer service for ages...I know what I need, they deliver it."

"I've ordered CPUs and memory from StarMicro for years and have NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. They have great prices, great selection, fast shipping, and great customer service if you should need it. They are on my short-list."

"Great Product, Great Price, Very Fast Service. I have ordered several different times, many different items and always have very pleased"

"Ordered Celeron D 2.53Ghz Step SL7NU from StarMicro. As with others here, they didn't get it right the first shipment. Sent CPU with no pins. Called Returns line and spoke with them. Explained what I needed, and told them I would scan photos of one I am replacing to ensure they get the next shipment correct. Did that -sent to RMA email. Second CPU arrive faster than the first. This time - it was correct. So far, works fine in the system. For those who were frustrated by this service, I completely understand. However, you can't expect too much when you are dealing with a company that resells pulls from outdated machines, etc. Basically, you take your chances. Since the price I paid was very good, I am willing to deal with a bit of inconvenience. To their credit, they credited my account for the 1st CPU very quickly, but I did have to suck up on the shipping the first mistake back to them."

"Fast (actually, super fast) processing + delivery. Best price, fast accurate service ... what else could you ask for? Would most definitely buy from them again."

"I am a hobbyist who repairs and builds computers. I have been using StarMicro for my memory and CPU needs because of their reasonable prices and free (over $25) shipping. I have only had one issue in recent years and it was handled in a hassle-free and prompt manner. I plan to continue to do business with them."

modified review This review was modified by kybfore on August 27 2010 12:53:42 PM

StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net is a Merchant Member! Learn more

StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net is a merchant member
StarMicro, Inc. / starmicroinc.net participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,860 merchant members.