Softwaremedia Reviews - page 3 - softwaremedia.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.80/10 330 reviews

Softwaremedia is a merchant member
Softwaremedia participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.

"I received what I order in a reasonable amount of time. The product installed properly without issue."

"This is the worst customer service I have ever received. I placed my order on a Saturday and still have not received my download link. (it's now Monday morning). I received a confirmation of my order and note saying it would take up to 2 hours to get my link. (something that is in no where easy to find on the site).

It's now Monday and I received an email saying that since I'm a first time download customer, I have to call them. While that makes sense, I should have been told that. I've tried calling all morning and left several message. I finally talked to someone named Matt. He says there a "big company" and he "apologized because they were in meetings all morning". So your entire "big" company was all in one giant meeting?! Doubtful! More so this is a one person shop who doesn't know how to run a reputable business. No one reached out to me. No one answers the phone. Live chat ... that's a joke. Live Chat takes you to a place to send an email. Chatting with someone implies you would have someone "chat" with you. Maybe that's because "everyone" was in meetings. It would make more sense to call this "Unlikely to Respond Chat".

Don't let the prices for the software fool you .. especially if you needed the software ... say at the time you purchase it? I just noticed they have a support line ... I'd hate to think about the poor soul who actually needed support and then gets prompted to leave a message.
As I write this, I finally received my link ... because Matt (the person I mentioned above) finally got out of his meeting to send me the link. Amazing that Matt has to do this .. being a "big company" and all.

Stay away from this joke of a software dealer.

modified review reply posted Feb-10-2014
SoftwareMedia's Avatar
SoftwareMedia, Softwaremedia rep has responded

“Corey,

I am very sorry to hear this. I have emailed you my direct contact information. I would like to speak with you and sooth the situation.”

"Fast delivery, great price"

"Extremely fast turnaround! Very easy ordering process..will definitely do business again!!"

"Everyone was extremely helpful and patient. Downloading the software was the easy part. Working with Windows 8 and trying to protect info before installation was the tricky part. Microsoft's programs are not all their touted to be."

"Everyone was really nice. I had a bit of trouble with MSN, but customer Service completely took care of it for me. Very accessible. "

"Item was delivered promptly, no issues with install."

"Ordered a Microsoft Project key, was e-mailed to me within an hour. "

"I'm very sorry to be writing this review because all things being equal, I prefer not to speak ill of others but I was very surprised by the unpleasant, shrill, and defensive customer service from softwaremedia.com.

Their reps were extremely eager to put the blame on either Adobe or me when frankly, their energy could have been spent on making a genuine effort to help. Moreover, they lose some credibility when the very first thing they do is assume the customer must have done something wrong without even knowing the facts.

As there weren't that many places still selling the DVD version of CS6 (Education Edition), I thought I was lucky to have found softwaremedia.com. The ordering process went smoothly, the shipping was as fast as expected. That was all fine.

But when I received the item, something seemed a little bit off. They sent me software without a product code which is needed in order to complete Adobe's student verification process. The package was not shrink-wrapped and the top of the box was open which I mentioned to customer service. I gave them the benefit of doubt...maybe the code fell out since the package was obviously not factory sealed.

At first they insisted that I must not be looking in the right place for the product code. But when they finally looked at a similar product in their warehouse, they noticed the same thing I did...no product code. Then they tried to make it seem like I was the problem because I'm supposed to get my credentials verified by Adobe. When I finally got through to them and managed to make them understand that's exactly what I was trying to do and Step 1 of Adobe's process is to enter a valid product code, they practically yelled at me "to take it up with Adobe!!!!!!!!!!" since they have nothing to do with anything.

They don't take responsibility for anything. One of the two reps I was trying to calmly discuss the situation with told me to hang on but instead on putting me on hold, he hung up on me. When I called back, he just said "oh, we were disconnected." There's no accountability with them. What a disappointment. What a waste of time.

modified review reply posted Feb-04-2014
SoftwareMedia's Avatar
SoftwareMedia, Softwaremedia rep has responded

“I regret to hear you had this type of experience with Softwaremedia.com. I have emailed you my contact information so you can contact me directly. We will come up with some resolution to the issue.

Softwaremedia.com”

"Answers online to my questions, buy without problems, fast delivery, installation without problems. "

"The process was simple and efficient."

"No problems with delivery."

Rating 8/104/5

"Could have stated the condition under which you qualify for scholastic software"

Rating 8/104/5

"I am very computer literate, but the directions for getting the code loaded were very vague for Office"

"Awesome service,awesome customercare and returns"