Snapfish Reviews - page 3 - snapfish.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.33/10 51 reviews

Snapfish is not a merchant member
Snapfish does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 6/103/5

"I placed my order for my pictures last Sunday and they arrived on Saturday. Shipping was free so I'm not really complaining about that. The prints however, could be better. The picture I uploaded to be printed was plenty large enough for a 12x18 print, which is what I ordered. I am a photographer and already had the image sized and ready to print.

The picture I got back wasn't quite what I was expecting. I uploaded an uncompressed, unsharpened image and what I got was something that looked resized, blown up, sharpened and then compressed. While it doesn't look too bad from a distance, it's a bit annoying that they decided to add sharpening and compression to the image.

Rating 6/103/5

"I ordered some pictures from my wedding last Thursday. Snapfish told me that they would have them here by Tuesday. Well, it's Thursday again and still no pictures. When I inquire with customer service they keep telling me to be patient and that they have shipped...The only reason why I don't get really mad at them is becasue I ordered a photo book a few weeks ago that was here on time...Anyway, I'd say Snapfish is so,so. I you don't mind waiting around for your stuff then I say go for it!"

"it takes a week to prepare the order and another week for shipping. by far, it is 10 days and I haven't got my prints.
Never ever use it again.

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered 8 copies of identical photobooks as Christmas gifts. The designing process is a little frustrating; their layouts and font choices are very limiting. I spent a couple hours designing my 8" x 11" photobook.
When I chose which kind of shipping to use, I made sure to select the necessary shipping speed to receive my order by Christmas. So on the 11th I placed the order, with every expectation that I would have the books on time.
Come December 28th I sent an email to Snapfish Customer Service to ask why my order didn't arrive by Christmas. Turns out, my order was one of several that were skipped. They refunded $30 for my shipping costs, and said they'd send out my order right away. I appreciated the honesty about the problem, and professional response to my complaint.
It is January 7th, and I just received my package (almost one month after placing the order).
While the shipping delay was very frustrating, I might have given them another chance, seeing that it was probably a fluke. However, after excitedly opening my photobook, and seeing the quality of it, I decided that I will never order from them again.
My pictures are high-quality, professional photos, so I know the file-sizes I sent them were fine. But the photo on the cover of my book was fuzzy. There were flecks of lint sealed into the cover (noticable on the plain white back of the book). The text down the spine was crooked and not centered well.
The inside photos were not fuzzy, but you could see the pixels. It looked like the photos were printed with a home-printer. The binding is unattractive- and the fact that they include that last, all-white page with the snapfish logo just ticked me off. (Especially because they don't mention it in the ordering process.)
I got these books at 50% off and with free shipping, and I still don't think they were worth the money. I would rather spend a bit more, and try out one of the many other companies that make these kinds of things.
My advice is to not use Snapfish - especially for photobooks.

Indiana

"i have used this service for years. last december, the site lost ALL my pics. when contacted numerous times, they couldn't correct it. i had credits, lots of prepaid credits, left, so i have tried several more times, the latest being today. my pics disappear right after uploading. i never even get a chance to print out. if you want reliable, don't come here!!!!!"

"I have been a customer of Snapfish for years, but no longer. Two orders in a row, for a total of over $80, the print quality is horrible. The photos are so pixelated that some color blocks are a millimeter or more across! Interestingly, this happens only when the background color variation is limited, not in the more detailed foreground which looks great in every print.

This perhaps might not be such an issue-they did deliver the prints quickly and I can't complain about the price. However, I can't seem to find anyone in customer service who will even acknowledge that I'm a customer, let alone that I'm due a refund, even with the order number! I have sent several emails where the response I receive is "we can't find your account" - that is, if I get any response at all.

I hate to resort to disputing the credit card charge, but it seems in this case I have no other choice.

modified review This review was modified by firefly037 on August 27 2010 05:41:53 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"We always use Snapfish.com for printing our photos. They have reasonable price and quality. Few days ago we decided to try their photobook - it came out awful! We ordered 5x7 soft custom cover 20page. I have semi-professional camera; I checked sizes and resolution and other parameters; I used full page outline. Making the book was easy but slow. It felt like their page is constantly overloaded. Book was shipped next day! It came unbelievably quick!
So, we received our book today:
- the package was soft so the book's spine came bended;
- printing quality is worse then the cheap magazine! you can clearly distinguish the dots without glasses;
- binding is worse than printing: on almost every page you may see the green spaces between the pages, and it looks scary, I simply afraid to open it it feels like they will fall out.
- cutting is oblique: the difference in the frame thickness on the inner side of the page more then 3 mm!!! we have clear white frame on the right end of the page and this frame goes to ZERO on the other end! and it is on all (!) 20 pics.
Plus we got an extra white page with the Snapfish.com logo on it ... but it's ok. The book was done SO bad, I just don't understand why they were so proud to put an extra label on it.

Conclusion: no more books from Snapfish.com for us. We wanted to make canvases from them, but now :( looking for other options.

Solution: I just had a conversation with one of their representatives via live.chat. They wanted me to reorder the same book one more time, but finally I got my refund.

I will definitely continue to use Snapfish.com for my photos - good quality, price, and fast shipping. But only for photos.

modified review This review was modified by madiaad on July 15 2010 10:17:55 PM

"I like Snapfish's services. Their photo print quality is very good, and their prices for 4"×6" prints and shipping are very reasonable. I've placed 3 orders in the past year, I think.

I appreciate being able to have my prints made at a local Walgreen's drug store and avoid shipping charges.

The one downside to Snapfish is that their larger prints are rather expensive. A 5×7 costs about 10 times more than a 4×6. Compare this with Winkflash.com, which has 5×7 prints for about 3× the price of 4×6... but on the other hand Winkflash's print quality disappoints me a bit.

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered many times from snapfish. Pictures turn out great, and are sent relatively quickly. Fast uploading via website with the optional add on tool is also helpful. Try to look for coupons or specials to make the order a better deal. "

"I ordered some prints and received them in a week. Very nice quality and fair shipping time (Compared to Shutterfly, Snapfish's shipping time is slower). Overall, it's quality is the top of the line along with Shutterfly. I will definitely order from them again."

"I have been using SnapFish exclusively for my photo development for a few years now and am very pleased with them. One time, the photo quality was not what I had come to expect. I returned the photos, they reprinted them and they reprints were excellent. Although shipping costs could be lower, I do highly recommend SnapFish."

modified review This review was modified by Spartiate on August 05 2008 01:47:44 PM

"Terrible experience.....I used Picasa for about 2 hours to choose which 300 pics I want for my Disney Trip memory album, clicked on order prints, and fullishly selected snapfish as the provider....My order went through, OK got an order number and everything.....few hours later, I realized I never received a confirmation E-mail, so I logged online, no history of my order....I called on Monday...after 30 mins on hold with a rep, the rep stated that it is in pre-confirmation stage and i will get an order number in less then 24 hours....come Tuesday morning, nothing....I call back and speak to a lesser knowledgeable rep who at least stated that a confirmation number should have been generated within seconds and there is an issue and I will be escalated to Sev 2 tech support........12 hours later I received an Email from Sev 2 hoping they would have fixed the issue but instead asking to reply to the E-mail because get this "Your issue is not clear from the note included with the escalation." Lets see...you sell pictures, if i have an issue, chances are it is because i have problem with pictures.....i'm not even getting into the incompetent rep who couldn't write a comprehensible note for tech support.......So now I'm waiting....I really do not want to spend another 2 hours in Picasa to print with another company, nor do I wish to be billed from snapfish if they do that.....I do want a clear answer....can you fix the problem and get me my pictures....snapfish proved one thing, they are not capable of good customer service. To anyone who uses Picasa to print pictures, learn from my mistake and order from PhotoWorks. Had no problem with them.....OK Update: Rep told me my order did not go through that I had to reupload. I told her make sure its cancelled, which she assured me it was. then a week later(after i developed with another company) they said they fixed the order and are shipping it to me....i replied under no circumstance....did they listen? ofcourse not....they shipped! Now i'm in the process of returning the pictures for a refund. What a headache."

modified review This review was modified by artieshay on May 25 2008 04:07:39 PM

"Snap fish is very good. Been using them for over 5 years."

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered from snapfish 9/8/07. Today is 9/19/07, and I still don't have any pictures. C'mon guys, a couple days processing and a few days for shipping is understandable, but it has been 11+ days since I ordered. On a previous order with lots of pictures, snapfish printed them all out of order. Normally, a standard photo-processing place would at least print them in the order received. When I contacted snapfish about it, they kind of shrugged it off, giving me a "well, that's just the way it is with us" response. Perhaps I should lower my standards?"

California

"I've ordered prints through Snapfish several times. I've always been happy with the speed and quality."