• Snapfish

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2013-12-22

"I have made a few books through snapfish.com. They have never came to me without an error. The purpose of my writing this review is as follows…. I made a Lay-flat book of my son’s wedding. The starting price was $90. There was a max of 100 pages. I had a 60% off coupon and paid additional money for 2 day shipping. I placed my order on 12/8/13. About 7-10 days later, I began contacting snapfish through email. The reply message was that someone would be in touch with me within 24 hours. I heard nothing. I wrote again and again. I finally received a reply that they credited my account for the cost of this book. I tried to explain, I didn’t want a refund, I just wanted the book!! I heard nothing, I tried the live chat…every time I tried to speak to someone, there was a 30 minute wait. Most times….I got busy with doing something else an missed when the live chat person became available and the chat was ended. Eventually, I waited 30 minutes and finally spoke to a live chat person and was told the book was out of stock! OK….that sure was frustrating…But at this point, if and when this book does become available. I won’t be getting my book….they already issued me a refund AND there is no more 60% offer available. It took me days and hours to complete this book timely by 12/8/13 to take advantage of the 60% off special….and I ordered the book in plenty of times before Christmas. I’m not in a hurry to start over again with another company. I can assure you, I will NEVER use snapfish again. When you have a problem….their customer service SUCKS!! They don’t get back to you!!"

This review was modified by judgingkaren on December 22 2013 08:36:30 AM

2013-12-20

"Snapfish has really disappointed me. They took longer than represented to ship the order which meant we were not going to be there when it gets there. I wanted to redirect the order through UPS but NO ONE IS HOME at Snapfish and no voice communication. They did not give UPS sufficient Billing Info for me to redirect from my end. THERFORE Christmas presents will not be delivered. Bummer. They have lost me as a customer."

2013-12-15

"The fact that Snapfish does not have voice-to-voice customer service has taken them out of the running for me. I had several problems with my recent order -- all of them Snapfish's fault -- and could not get any reasonable customer support to resolve the issues. I spent 3 hours using their online chat system to no avail. I'm not even sure if the people to whom I typed ever understood my questions due to the online interface and potential language barriers. Also, they did not have the authority to recify anything directly -- I got cut and pasted answers from the website to questions I wasn't even asking, and seemed to get magically disconnected whenever the conversation got to the level of requesting a refund. At one point, I was able to get one of the representatives to cancel one of my orders. But, he cancelled the wrong order even though I had included the correct order number in my message. When I wrote back about this I was assured that the issue had been rectified. But, ultimately I got the order I had cancelled and (after three hours of online chatting) am unclear as to whether I will receive the order I want. I will NEVER use Snapfish again. I see Shutterfly has a customer service phone number. Being able to talk to a real live person when you need to is invaluable!!!!"

This review was modified by disappointedbysnapfish on December 15 2013 05:05:01 PM

2013-08-20

"I spent a lot of time writing captions on each of my 376 pictures from an overseas trip only to have none printed on the back of my photos as indicated on the site. When I called to question why, I was not only spoken to rudely, but was told that Snapfish does not do that. Why then is it an option under edit? Needless to say, I will be looking for someone else to print my pictures."

This review was modified by coonsmj13 on August 20 2013 05:06:48 PM

2013-07-16

"I ordered a photo book from snapfish and the site said it would take 3-5 days to send it. Later I saw that it would take about 14 days for the whole process and sending. So they claimed July 2nd it would arrive. Never did. I emailed them and they said that the picture quality was not at a high enough resolution so they could not send the photo book. Never told me anything. Never showed that some pictured had a low resolution. I'm highly disappointed and don't recommend this site for anyone. If for some reason they can't send you your purchase they won't tell you!! Find another site to order pictures and photo books so you can actually be happy with the product."

This review was modified by jessica313 on July 16 2013 11:08:38 PM

2013-07-08

"The more people know what horrible customer service and quality assurance is available from SnapFish, the better.
I don't understand why they keep showing up in top-five lists -- the cheap prints? The design of their confusing website from 1995?
I had prints sent from their central plant in the past that were good but opted to try the local Walgreens option. NOT a good idea: SnapFish does not honor quality problems (even though Walgreens, Costco and Walmart are offered as options); SnapFish will take your credit card info and show you a price but the reseller is the one that charges you; the color differences between 4x6 and 5x7 are truly awful with huge shifts of color for the same photo.
Contacted SnapFish and got the runaround mentioned by others. They should not offer these reseller services if they cannot back the service or quality. The bait-and-switch approach is very misleading -- it feels like you might be placing a SnapFish order but you are not! Beware!!"

This review was modified by missing_link on July 08 2013 09:45:40 AM

2013-06-08

"I purchased a groupon with snapfish for a photo book. When I went to redeem it I couldn't figure it how to apply the $15 to the amount so I contacted snapfish and was told to contact groupon fora refund. I did not want a refund I wanted the order. Horrible customer service and does not honor their sales."

This review was modified by Janetogburn1 on June 08 2013 05:53:32 AM

2013-05-25

"Worst photo site ever. Software to add photos to books unnecessarily complicated if you just want to do something very simple, like put one photo on each page, centered and always the same size. The software makes you manually position each photo on each page, and you have to manually change the size to the size you want FOR EACH PAGE. Also prices are higher than the competition unless you get a special deal. Shipping uses UPS/USPS Mail Innovations, which is super-slow and doesn't generate a tracking number that is recognized by google, so you have to go through several steps to find tracking information.

On top of that, Snapfish ate up a credit voucher from Livingsocial before I could buy anything (apparently because I cleared my shopping cart to start over), then Snapfish refused to reapply the voucher or give me a credit for it. Customer service reps are in India and only do chat, and play dumb when you try to explain the problem."

2013-03-15

"I love snapfish and always have. I needed two canvas photos in time for my Dad's birthday, and realized I wouldn't get them in time. Instead of paying for expedited shipping, I called, they put a rush on finishing order, and I got them one day early (4 days earlier than they were scheduled) -- free! They're awesome. And you can always find coupon codes online!"

2013-01-23

"I absolutely love Snapfish! I have used their services for several years now and have always had great results. Their prices are fair, the quality is great, and their customer service is outstanding! I have ordered photobooks, calendars, notecards, photo prints of various sizes, mousepads, mugs, a large print framed by Snapfish and even a pencil box. They have all been wonderful products! One of the greatest things is if there is a problem with something, their customer service is prompt, friendly, and takes care of the problem right away. It just doesn't get better than that!"

2013-01-21

"I'm surprised at reading that the other reviewers faced poor quality. Mine were fantastic! Colours were sharp and accurate, and that's all I need. I got 70 free glossy 4x6's with free shipping for a promotion that I was extremely fortunate to snap up.

I had no need to contact customer service, as they arrived undamaged 6 days after being notified that they were shipped, which was 9 days from checkout to arrival. I have no complaints, so this has been a great experience for me. Unfortunately, others seem to have had quite the opposite.

By the way, FLYJAN13 is the coupon code I used at checkout for free shipping. Expires 31 January 2013 :)."

This review was modified by NJ123 on January 21 2013 05:16:36 AM

2012-12-20

"They are horrible and disrespectful. No one takes any responsibility for anything there. They are all india and give you fake names so you can not even file a complaint. They dont know how to make a photobook fit properly so they claimed it was escalated to the next level yet its been days and nothing... i contact them and still nothing. I can not order because they can not help me fix the issues to make th eorder."

2012-12-18

"Awful. Terrible. Maddening. The worst. Did I mention awful? I had a coupon for 50% off of a photo book. I put the book together on their site. I got an error when trying to save, although it seemed to save. Logged out and back in, and my book was gone. Not only was it gone, but in my list of projects was a book of Tokyo 2006 by Robert. I am not Robert and I've never been to Tokyo. Chatted through online support and was informed they'd contact tech team and send email when resolved (and I'd be given another coupon code, since my coupon was expiring). Never received an email, but checked a couple of days later and could see the book I created. Hooray! Navigated through a few pages and suddenly, my book was gone again and there was Tokyo 2006. Contacted support via chat again and they could not find the book. They suggested I start over and provided a coupon code for 50% off my order. Started book over. Completed, placed in cart, and go to checkout. Coupon code will not work. If I remove coupon code, still informs me that my information is incomplete and to correct the items marked with red. All information is completed and no items marked with red. Can not check out and can not order book. Will be contacting someone tomorrow about this. Will NEVER do business with this company again. Absolutely ridiculous. "

2012-12-17

"If you actually want what you order, don't use this site! I ordered photo books on Nov 20 for family members for Xmas presents. It's Dec 17 and they still aren't here. First order is stuck with USPS somewhere, re-ordered over a week ago and still haven't shipped. When I called and talked to a MANAGER, I received zero help - none! When I said I would never use them again the response was "I'll pass that feedback along." REALLY, that's all you have to say, really? Do yourself a favor and "pass" on Snapfish all together."

2012-12-15

"I ordered holiday cards at this site. Although reasonable and quick, I was not impressed with the quality. Also, I did not order enough and needed more but their site was down. The next night I attempted again with site issues, yet again and chatted with an employee in their online chat room. I asked them if A, they could reorder an extra 20 cards for me since their site was down and B, asked if they could honor the better percentage off from the night before due to my not being able to order because of their site. The person responding did not answer either question and told me how to enter a promo code for tonight's discount which was substantially less. I am very frustrated that my questions were just completely ignored and because of the unimpressive quality, I will not be shopping there again."

Share Snapfish's store rating

Snapfish is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Snapfish is not a merchant member
Snapfish does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!