"Incompetent and not service oriented. In August 2012, they had given me a year free membership for using them 3 times during a promo period. At 9 months they sent me a renewal notice. I emailed customer service to correct the mistake. After emailing them and getting a response that told me to call them, I made the phone call. After waiting on hold twice, the rep said I didn't really earn the free year so my membership was expiring in May instead of August unless I could wait some more to see if his supervisor wanted to make an exception. I asked if they could just email me back since I was tired of being put on hold. He said that he did not have the capability as a rep to email me and he didn't think his supervisor would email me back. I told him to just forget it and to cancel my account. He was happy to do that. What pathetic service!"

modified review This review was modified by mamareview on May 03 2013 01:58:52 PM

"Ditto what the others have said. I ordered a package from Newegg on Wednesday evening before 9pm. The order was processed on Thursday morning at 8am. I received a UPS tracking number at 830am. So this package should have been delivered at sometime on Friday evening, or at the latest on Saturday morning. Nope. Saturday morning has come and gone. I have contacted UPS. They cleared it all up for me by telling me exactly what Shopprunner did.

All they did was UPS ground shipping, not "two-day" as they advertised. And UPS ground does not deliver on weekends at all.

And I can't even get the package put on "will call" because it is locked in a container at a distribution facility which isn't even open on the weekends. So now my package won't arrive until sometime on Monday or Tuesday. What a waste of time (filling out the application.)

"Well, I 100% agree with other reviewer who says they did not received their package with in advertised 2 days. Not for once not for twice, every time I choose shoprunner 2 days for shipping it takes around 5 days after merchant send me tracking number for the package. Definitely a scam. But I am glad that my package at least arrive to my door after 5 days."

"I am going to begin my second year with Shoprunner and I could not be more pleased with my experience. I've had many items shipping within two days and sometimes an extra day. Some other reviewers are not putting in perspective the day they order it (end of the week) or processing time for the retailer (adds on a day). Each time my item is shipped I'm emailed, when it arrives I'm emailed without having to track it myself. I've been able to avoid Walmart, Target, and Walgreens because most essentials I've been able to order from Drugstore.com or Beauty.com. Not to mention the coupon codes made available to use on the retailer's site. I've saved about 300-400 dollars as a member and I'm very satisfied."

"Shoprunner took 5 days to actually ship my product to me from Newegg, definitely not the 2 days as advertised. On a positive note, I did save on shipping cost."

"It's Cyber Monday, biggest internet shopping day of the year, and Shoprunner will not allow me to sign in. When I go to reset the password, per the email they sent me, it says my account does not exist. To make a long story short, called them and they said it would take 2 to 3 DAYS to find out why I cannot log it. Meanwhile, I cannot utilize it for my christmas shopping! I should have read all of the reviews!!! THIS REALLY IS A SCAM ~ BEWARE!"

"ShopRunner claims that Wednesday before Thanksgiving is a holiday. According to the UPS website it is not. ShopRunner customer service couldn't even muster an apology as they were too busy arguing that the shipment was still technically arriving in two business days, despite it being a week after it left the warehouse and nine days after the order was placed. Two-day shipping is certainly not a guarantee and customer service is poor."

"I ordered an item on Monday with Shoprunner 2day shipping service,
but it's Thursday evening right now, and my item still doesn't arrive.
I tracked my package, and shipping status says "package left on a vehicle, shipping rescheduled."
That means I have to wait even more.
What a horrible service. 2 day shipping is a lie.

I won't renew my membership after trial is over.

modified review This review was modified by fl4421 on October 11 2012 04:11:05 PM

"terrible! shipping takes forever!!!! definitely not two days."

"I received a year of Shoprunner for free, and will definitely not be renewing it.

I purchased quite a few items using their free 2 day shipping, and not once has an item arrived at my house within two days. I expected it to be similar to Amazon prime's 2 day shipping, but it is not.

I think the earliest I received an item was 6 days. SIX days when it is supposed to be two. Unacceptable.

"Absolute waste of time. No customer service if you have questions and companies have only "selected" items through Shoprunner. So you pay $79 a year to get "free Shipping" on higher priced "selected" items."

modified review This review was modified by kerrimc on May 30 2012 05:41:19 PM

"Shoprunner is a company that actively scams their own customers. Their business model is set up to fail since they penalize customers who make many purchases. I made about 5 purchases from Newegg and a couple of purchases from drugstore.com. They called me a reseller and cancelled my account barely 2 months into my yearly plan without refunding me the $79 I paid for the year.

I had to resort to calling my credit card and requesting them to charge-back the amount. Luckily, my bank was on my side and refunded me the money.

"terrible service. got an email saying Free Trial Abuse. that was the first time i have ever signed up for their service. rude. going to amazon"

"I've been a ShopRunner member for a little more than a year. I absolutely LOVE them!

As my employer's in-house IT professional, I have to place orders at Newegg 1-2 times per week to complete projects or cover issues raised by the 60+ people I support.

There's also the occasional order from drugstore.com, shoes.com, mlb.com, babiesrus.com, autozone.com, and even free delivery from Dominos Pizza! There are many more of their partners that I haven't used yet.

Granted, sometimes an item at Newegg isn't eligible, but about 90% of the things I order have free 2-day shipping.

I'm surprised by the other comments here about people getting their accounts suspended due to ShopRunner assuming that the member is a reseller.

I've received free 2-day shipping on 63 orders so far. No problems yet. I love ShopRunner!

"I'm in college and I used my parents credit card for Shoprunner. When I wanted to cancel the trail membership, since my Dad's name was on the card, they wouldn't let me cancel it over the phone even though I had the confirmation number, phone number, billing address, date of birth, etc. because they said that they needed my Dad's approval to cancel even though he did not set the account up. I ended up canceling online hassle free, but was annoyed that the people on the phone made a big deal out of nothing. I would not recommend using this in the further! "

Shoprunner is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Shoprunner is not a merchant member
Shoprunner does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!