Shoebuy.com Reviews - page 3 - shoebuy.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 291 reviews

Shoebuy.com is not a merchant member
Shoebuy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Beware. They have attractive prices and free shipping but if you want to return shoes you are out of luck. I puchased a pair, tried them on at home and found they were too small, and immediately boxed them up and sent them back. Shoebuy.com claimed they had "creases" and refused the return. After I complained they sent me photos of my shoes (showing nothing I could see) and said their decision was "final". We'll see what the Massachusetts AG has to say about that.

In the meantime, if you know for sure you want the shoes I guess it's fine to buy from them. But if you need to try them on to see if they fit I would suggest zappos, because shoebuy.com will refuse to take them back.

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered 3 different pairs of Skechers from Shoebuy. Got all three in a big box, fast shipping. Good to great prices. All 3 shoes appear to have been seconds or culls. Kept 2 and sent one pair back that were just messed up looking. Not sure if Shoebuy only sells seconds and culls or just seconds and culls from Skechers. They do pay shipping both ways (well you do really in the selling price). Was difficult to get RMA to return on their dime. Could have been easier like a pre-printed return label like Cabelas and LLBean do. Buyer beware!"

Rating 4/102/5

"Ordered a pair of shoes from Shoebuy.com last week. They contacted me to call back to validate my address, sure, not problem. Call back today to see if it shipped since I didn't receive any updates. Customer service casually said the order was cancelled due to out of stock, no apologies or effort to ship the shoe this week as it's in stock on website (I got it on sale). Classic bait and switch, now they got my email to junk mail me 5 times a day. Stay away!
Update: Got my shoes today so the order was never cancelled. However, they sent the wrong color .

modified review This review was modified by Scholasticnyc on February 26 2013 06:04:28 PM

"In the beginning of December 2012 I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoebuy.com. I received them on 12/07/2012, tried them at my house, found them uncomfortable and shortly after that sent them back to Shoebuy.com for refund. However, on January 11th, 2013 I got them back from Shoebuy.com with a handwritten note saying that "shoes worn. creases. soles scuffed. unable to return". On January 13th I sent an e-mail to the customer service explaining that I have never worn the shoes and requesting a refund, but Shoebuy.com refused. I brought the issue to the Better Business Bureau, but with no success. I filed a charge dispute with my credit card and waiting for the results. I am very disappointed with the Shoebuy.com and will never purchase from them again."

modified review This review was modified by kirab on February 20 2013 02:46:33 PM

"Do NOT buy from shoebuy.com. I ordered a pair of shoes, cancelled the order in writing via email the same day because they put the wrong name on the shipping address after being given explicit instructions and agreeing to them, and also because I found things about the shoe I didn't want. I called the company at 8am the next morning,and cancelled by phone as well. They are refusing to cancel the order, saying it has already shipped, yet their own written information says it ships 1 to 3 days from the day of order, so the order had not shipped when I cancelled it. They are in Boston, I am in Oregon, they can trace the order and return it to themselves. All I got from them was a lot of meaningless fast talk. They are in it to extract money anyway they can, in my opinion. I should also add that I had every right to expect that I could cancel as it says you can right on their website as long as it is within 24 to 48 hours, which my cancellation was."

modified review This review was modified by carole15 on February 20 2013 11:32:07 AM

"I order a pair of shoe from shoebuy.com and there is rebate for megazine subscription. if you don't want megazine, you get back 10 dollars, so I send in the rebate, but never hear any thing about it for more than 3 months, after repeat contact with shoebuy customer service via email, however there is no response from them. it is a waste of my time, and I would not recommend to purchase anything from this company, especially if it involves magazine reabes"

"Shoebuy a Dismay!
bought a pair a skecher boots from shoebuy in Aug 2012 and was delivered in Sep 2012 after few emails (no update on status to customer on the order). worn the boots occasionally for 4 months (2-3 times/week) to the office before changing to my work shoes, found cracks and peeling recently on the upper soles of the left pair (soles are still good). i have worn many pairs of shoes and boots for many years and this is the first time encountering such a defective item (definitely is a quality problem). wrote in the shoebuy webpage and no response so far. photos to prove it.
Disappointed Singaporean!

"I bought boots from Shoebuy.com's private event sale webpage (events.shoebuy.com)6 days ago and paid via PayPal. While I received an email from PayPal re my charge, I received nothing from shoebuy. At no point did the webpage indicate that I would not be able to return or exchange the item. If it had, I would have never bought the boots since it's impossible to tell if they'll fit until you've tried them. They came today and did not fit and I called to get a label to send them back. Instead I was told they were a final sale and couldn't be returned. When I asked to see where it said that it was a final sale, I was referred NOT to the webpage where I bought them--which can't be found online anymore--but to their refund policy. The customer rep and the two supervisors I spoke to claimed there was a banner on the first page that I looked at when buying the shoes. I don't believe this--because then I would have gone no further--and they can't show me the page anymore. They suggested I donate the shoes to charity! This is over $40 down the drain. I am contesting the charge through my credit card company. "

modified review This review was modified by lasfloras on February 04 2013 06:19:11 PM

"I was surprised at the negative reviews...I've ordered several pairs of shoes and never had a problem with service. The last two orders had to be returned for different reasons and it was almost too easy. I printed up labels and took the box and label to UPS, and then tracked the return. The best way to buy is to have already bought the brand so that you know the right size. "

"I ordered shoes in November, which according to tracking records I was suppose to have been received on front porch by UPS. UPS referred me to the company who shipped the items for action. I called and reported this immediately when this was discovered. With no real concern on the girls part that spoke with me. I was told someone would research and get back in touch with me within 1 to 7 days. This was two weeks before Christmas. No reference number was offered. Still they have NOT BEEN RECEIVED. I have reported this several times and still have an outstanding issue that has not been resolve. However Shoe Buy saw the need to charge my account and never contact me on any findings. Even thou their non-professional staff said in early December I would be contacted within 7 days. I have called twice, and emailed them at least three times. If this is the kind of service ShoeBuy.com provides, then they need to be stopped. I have reported them to my credit card company and disputed their charge. I strongly suggest they offer some classes on “customer service."

"Horrible! Had to exchange a pair of shoes because I did not like them. It took a week and a half for them to process my exchange after they received them back from me. Then the shoes I exchanged them out for we're more than $40 more than the original pair, but they sent me the wrong color. I called customer service when I got a confirmation of exchange receipt to notify them that they had the color wrong but she said she could not do anything since the exchange was already in process. I even have the confirmation I printed that shows which color I chose. Simone there clearly just decided to pick any random color to send. I am upset because I am paying $100 for shoes that I am going to have to turn around and exchange again because they messed up. Their whole exchange process is a hassle and the time frame is ridiculous!"

"I recently purchased a pair of Minnetonka Classic Fringed boot softsoles in Black for my daughter. Although she liked the shoe they were not what she expected. We put them back in the original packaging and sent them back for a refund as the shoes were NEVER worn.They sent them back saying they were worn. I am extremely dissatisfied with Shoebuy as well as their customer service. I will never purchase another shoe from shoebuy.com I have always bought from Zappos.com and they are terrific. "

modified review This review was modified by MOMv on January 25 2013 09:31:02 PM

"Absolutely abysmal customer service and logistics. If there is a problem with your order, and you never received the shoes, they'll charge you anyway and keep telling you that the case is with "logistics" and will take 8 days."

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a pair of Ryka Desires not available in australia. I put the order through on January 5 and received them today, january 21. Shoebuy says they deliver internationally within 15 days which I felt was unlikely since it was still processing after 12 days, at this time I sent them a message asking what's happening. I did get a response after about 3 days repeating the 15 days blah. Patently not true since it was 15 days at that point. I checked the reviews (which I will do before clicking 'confirm' in future) and slightly panicked at the order didn't arrive/wrong size/different shoes altogether/shoe crap quality theme of reviews. If that is you take a deep breath and relax. While their processing and communication was below par, the shoes arrived in reasonable time, perfect condition, well packed and exactly what I ordered. They seem to be the real thing, delivered in Ryka's packaging (inside Shoebuy's packaging), extensively branded and with Ryka's usual excellent build quality. So far so good. It sounds like a bit of a lottery if you have to return them so I don't think I will use Shoebuy again, especially as an international buyer. However my experience with them this time was fine. Just be prepared to wait."

Rating 4/102/5

"Shipping will be fast and order process is smooth but pray that you don't need assistance because you'll be on your own... They have a Very Poor customer service. Email and phone support seem to be handled by distant people than contradict themselves and they deny everything that was previously told...

Edit: Upgraded to 2 stars because after two weeks they finally did right... Still the communication was frustrating.

modified review This review was modified by Gadgetx on January 18 2013 01:51:25 PM