Product & services pricing Rating 5.91/10 5.91/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.79/10 4.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.68/10 5.68/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10

"CAVEAT EMPTOR! Too bad there is no zero or minus zero star rating.

This company's policy STINKS!!!

I purchased a pair of shoes from Shoebuy.Com and after waiting for 10 days WITHOUT receiving a notification of shipping, I decided to call the company. I was informed that the shoes were delivered and signed for by a person called "Wong."

I informed the company that I do not know such a person and have definitely not received the shoes. I was informed sometimes people say they have not received something when they had actually done so, and therefore I had to wait on UPS to complete their investigation.

Now, I do all my shopping online, and in all that time, I have had a few things lost in the mail but each time the merchant has resent me the missing items while they conduct their own investigation.

When I spoke to Shoebuy.Com, I was told that they have a policy that states that they will not do anything until UPS has done their investigation and agreed to reimburse them.

As far as I am concerned, I gave the company my money for a pair of shoes which I am supposed to receive in 10 business days. I did not give the company my money to buy a lottery as to whether I would get a pair of shoes.

As an online only shopper, this is the first time I have ever encountered such an unreasonable policy.

Personally, I would not buy from this company again, even if they were the only online shoe merchant.

As I said at the beginning, too bad there is no zero or minus zero star rating.

modified review This review was modified by lostjuly on October 15 2013 10:24:18 AM

"This business cheats customers by listing items they no longer have in stock at a lower price. They will then send you wrong items, make you send those wrong items back for a refund that takes forever to process. I wonder how they are even in business with so many complaints with BBB and so many negative reviews? Don't trust them with anything.

modified review This review was modified by danielch on September 25 2013 10:27:58 PM

"Ordered a pair of shoes and 10 days later I emailed b/c I had heard nothing about my order. I didn't get a response so I called. The lady told me that they were waiting for UPS to pickup and I should get an email with tracking number that day. I did not, and the next day I got an email saying my order had been canceled b/c the shoes were out of stock. Will not use this website again. If I had ordered from Zappos I would have had my shoes within two days. Not worth saving $5."

modified review This review was modified by Rebeccalh on September 06 2013 06:55:18 AM

"Bought summer shoes for my husband at Christmas time, summer came and went, he didn't wear them, tried to return them nope they have a 60 day return policy, after that no refunds no exchanges (90 days if you buy before the Christmas Holiday but still). That policy is not clearly marked on their website, you have to dig for it. Of course 100% satisfaction guaranteed and free returns and exchanges is plastered all over the website. Buyer beware, better to shop on Amazon or at Zappos even if they cost a bit more."

modified review This review was modified by CherylBCT on September 05 2013 09:38:10 AM

"To bethgorden on here I had the same exact experience with shoebuy..The real problem is this..they sell irregular shoes so I have tried to tell them I have to order 4 pairs because they all fit different...but yes I placed an order and was sent and email and called to say that I can be sent one pair at a time and their shipping is NOT FAST! It takes at least 5 days up to 10 to get one pair from them...shop at zappos..they ship the next day and they dont complain how many pairs you order..trust me people shoebuy is a liar..they don't stand behind what they say on their site and the shoe quality is not there, they stink and to me they harass and judge me by what shoes I buy , really shoebuy? turning away business..hopefully soon they are out of business..You get NO STARS !"

modified review This review was modified by TREE1A on September 04 2013 09:15:21 AM

"Has anyone experienced a problem with shoebuy selling fake runners?"

modified review This review was modified by Goldy2802 on September 02 2013 11:49:37 PM

"I will NEVER order from Shoebuy.com again! I was originally so impressed at the selection and service. Ordered 4 pairs, returned 2. Did the same a couple months later - loved them. Then 2 months ago tried to place an order and was told I could only return 1 item. I said that is not what your website said and promptly canceled my order. Complained on this page and was assured that was not the policy, just a misinformed customer service agent. So I just tried them again. Ordered 3 pairs of shoes - intended to keep all 3 (2 sneaks for Disney & 1 sandal). 3 days later (thinking my order was well on its way) I was informed that it was held up. Due to previous order history I can only buy one shoe at a time. Seriously!

So much for service and customer care. I popped over to sketchers direct and turns out the offer free shipping & returns too! PLUS there shoes were cheaper!!! Save yourself a headache and DON"T BUY FROM THEM!

Sincerely, a VERY dissatisfied customer!

modified review This review was modified by bethgorden on August 20 2013 08:28:20 AM

"I bought a really nice Bosca wallet for my mother on this site (have never bought shoes though). It arrived promptly and I was even able to get it on sale because they usually have a certain % off any time you visit their site. The processes went smoothly and I had no problems with buying or shipping."

"PLEASE Do not even think about ordering from them! I attempted to place an order for 10+ pair of shoes and they kept telling me my card was declined. However, when I called the credit card company I was told that the orders were approved and were in fact on my pending charges. I called shoebuy, who again said my card was declined and would not ship my order. After 3 attempts to get them to clear the pending charges off my credit card, I finally asked my credit card company to clear it. They may have had good prices, but they have terrible service!"

modified review This review was modified by leandlu on July 10 2013 04:15:33 PM

"7/10/13 - REVISED to 5 *'s

I was first told the order would ship out 3-4 days after order date. I called back 3 days later and was told order would ship out 15 business after order date and ship ground. Needless to say, I was a little PO'ed, so I called back the next day and was told the order was shipping out tomorrow. I received the order 3 days after shipping out to me. Total time, 9 days from order date to my hands. I can live with 9 days and saving about $20. Not pleased with the CS Rep that told me 15 business after order date + ground shipping.

I'll buy here again, if I see a need.

modified review This review was modified by sandals on July 10 2013 04:44:24 PM

"i have ordered 4 pair of shoes from shoebuy.com and they have all arrived in excellent condition as well as very fast!"

modified review This review was modified by sssaurabh on June 30 2013 10:33:44 AM

"Took the chance of buying sneakers on a website i never heard of, spent 70 bucks, and it's been a week without hearing anything from them. They have not shipped them yet, and who knows when Ill receive my purchase."

modified review This review was modified by VLGager on June 24 2013 08:49:44 AM

"No idea what happened to this outfit, they used to send shoes reliably and timely. Now?!? Ordered on 6/4, still "in process" on 6/15. Awesome job, Shoebuy! You should be proud. HA! Why bother being in business if you're not, oh, actually DOING business?

Don't think I need to add this, but the days of doing any kind of business with Shoebuy.com have come and gone. Avoid like the plague.

modified review This review was modified by sarlo100 on June 15 2013 10:45:00 AM

"I ordered a pair of shoes based on mypoints email sent with a special offer. I was to receive a 10$ target gift card. it said to click link on confirmation page. after a lengthy period of reviewing that said page there was no link. I printed it for my records. now I am getting the run around while they blame their "affiliates" when the original offer email clearly said this was not affiliated with target. the price also jumped up at the end. judging by reviews here this company should be shut down. furthermore the shoes I received are 1.5 inches to large which is clearly ridiculous.
their affiliates are cozyboots, bagsbuys.com outletbuy.com and clothesbuy.com

modified review This review was modified by rmoniemony on June 13 2013 06:53:55 AM

"BEWARE!!! I wish I could give them a rating of a NEGATIVE 10 stars! They advertise free shipping and free returns, but if you ever return an item and try to order from them again - WATCH OUT! I ordered some shoes, but then received an email stating they could not process my order until I contacted them. I called them, and I was told that because I had returned previous orders, they would not process my order unless I agreed that anything I ordered could NOT be returned (not even if I paid the shipping fee)! So, I cancelled my order because I will NOT buy shoes unlwss I can return them if they don't fit! I recently got my credit card statement, and noticed that Shoebuy still charged my credit card for almost $300.00!!! It's been almost 1.5 months since the order was placed and cancelled, but the charge was never refunded. So, even though Shoebuy refused to process my order, I cancelled the order 1 day later, and no shoes were ever sent to me, but they still charged me! Basically, they stole $300.00 from me by charging my credit card fraudulently! (Good example of why you need to review all charges on a credit card)
I called them at 3:30 pm on a Friday, only to be told the billing department was closed and they will review it on Monday. After pushing to speak with a manager, I was eventually told that they would process a refund immediately (hopefully that will happen, but I'll see - it's been 8 hours but there's still no pending credit on my credit card).
My neighbor also placed an order with Shoebuy. She went out of town for a long weekend (4 days). When she got back, she had an email from them to call. She called them and was told they cancelled her order since they did not hear from her. Upon trying to place the order again, the shoes she wanted were no longer available!!!

modified review This review was modified by mickey5 on June 07 2013 09:39:50 PM

Shoebuy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Shoebuy.com is not a merchant member
Shoebuy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!