Sharper Image Reviews - page 2 - sharperimage.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.50/10 44 reviews

Sharper Image is not a merchant member
Sharper Image does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"4 mos. later...
'Customer Service' (a sad joke on customers) told me I had no recourse..'sorry 'bout that'- laughed & hung up!

backstory:
The item I ordered for a xmas present was defective. After Finally obtaining "authority" from supercilious person at the manufacturer; I followed their detailed instructions and sent back the pool thermometer that had failed after 10 days.

Over 2 months later, I contacted them to find out why it hadn't been returned. They told me they would have to send a new one because it couldn't be fixed - AND, they would not being doing anything further for me!!! (? this is my fault right??) Didn't argue, said, thank you. After only a few more weeks I actually received it.

Less than 2 weeks later, the 'new' one failed. (Same way, they take on water.)

THE WORST OF THE WORST!
THEY ARE RIDING ON THE ORIGINAL COMPANY'S REPUTATION AND LAUGHING IN THEIR CUSTOMER'S FACES IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR PURCHASE.

"I ordered two items from Shaper Image for Christmas. Only one of the items I ordered arrived which turned out to be defective. After waiting a couple of days, I called Sharper image and was told that other item was not in stock and there were no plans to order more. I was also told that I would recieve a refund which I never got. I contacted the company via their website and was finally issued a gift certificate for the defective item but still have not received credit or a refund of the other item. I don't understand why I can't seem to get a refund from the people. When I called the customer service line it sounded like they consisted of two teenages working from home. There was a lot of background noise and they had zero product knowledge. "

"I ordered some Christmas presents on 12-12-12, so I knew they would be here in time, and the 1st item I ordered I had no problem with, it got here in time and was in good condition. The second item however did not ship out with the 1st so I emailed customer service and they said there was a strike in the warehouse and it affected this item. I was not happy that I was not informed that I would not get it by Christmas before I placed the order. I understand that s**t happens, but they should have notified me before I paid so I could have chosen an item that was not affected by the strike. A week or so later I get an email that says they cancelled my second order and the next day I got another email saying it shipped. I finally get the Western movies I ordered and the box is smashed. The dvd's were not affected, but the box was not worth saving. I emailed customer service yet again and they asked me to ship it back so I can get a new one. I told them I would just keep it since the movies were ok and because it took so much effort just to get them in the 1st place. With as much money they make you would think they would use better packaging to make sure the items get to the customers in good condition. Overall, I was not happy about the service I received and would recommend you save yourself the headache and shop somewhere else."

modified review This review was modified by LizM04 on December 28 2012 09:27:30 AM

"can't stand by The Sharper Image quality. i received a sharper image led lamp as a present and when we went to use it for the hurricane it didn't work. it was missing a piece to hold the battery. i contacted sharper image and this is their reply: Unfortunately we cannot replace the lamp/lights if it was not purchased from sharperimage.com. We recommend you refer to your instruction booklet for the manufacturers name and number or ask the gift giver where they purchased it from so you can get a replacement or return.

BOO on them!

i attempted to contact the manufacturer and waited on hold for 20 minutes. i emailed them and have not yet heard back. it's been 4 days.

modified review This review was modified by surfingirl on November 02 2012 07:42:22 AM

"Terrible customer service! I ordered a white noise machine which started buzzing shortly after I got it. I returned it (I had to pay return freight) and asked for a replacement. A week or so went by and they gave me credit (minus the incoming freight). I emailed them and told them they owed me a credit for freight and a replacement. One month has gone by, I got credit for incoming freight and still NO REPLACEMENT. Apparently I am not going to get the replacement and am now out the return freight on a defect. They never even responded to my email. Do NOT do business with this company, they do not care about their customers!"

"I added an additional item and removed it during checkout in a separate window. Did not bother to refresh the original checkout page and placed the order and noticed that I was charged more for shipping. Sent an email to customer service within minutes. Got a slow reponse saying I upgraded shipping. Then said they are processing a return. Despite what I was told, the order was not canceled, and they refused to adjust the shipping cost."

"I had a similar experience to others here. I ordered a $20 product on sale for $10. Waited 3 weeks for it to arrive. It never showed up. My order had a status of "Processing" on it. I emailed customer service (I tried calling but their phone system was broken and wouldn't respond to my number presses). The following day they finally responded that the order had been cancelled because they ran out of stock. They had never contacted to let me know and instead just let me wait and wait, expecting it to arrive meanwhile they never had any intention of sending it, and forced me to contact them. I responded asking them to give me a nearly identical product they had for $20 at the sale price of $10 to resolve the matter after making me wait and handling the matter so poorly. They responded no, but would expedite the shipping of it if I wanted. No thank you. It's already 3 weeks late, and now they want me to pay double for the product, but are willing to try to ship it faster? I don't think so. Instead, they get a negative review. Smart Sharper Image...very smart. Fixing your online reputation will cost you way more than the $10 would have to resolve this matter and make me a happy customer.

Note: Staples once made a mistake with my order that caused them to ship it out 3 days later than normal. They contacted me to inform me it was going to be 3 days late and included a $10 coupon for anything in the store. Now that's customer service. That simple coupon kept me as a customer and has me singing their praises. Sharper Image on the other hand actually cancelled the order, didn't contact me to tell me they were cancelling it, didn't voluntarily offer any resolution, and finally responded 'no' when I asked them to honor the price on a nearly identical product. Baffling.

Funny part about it all, is one day they're going want to clean up their online reputation, and fixing the negative reputation from all these reviews is going to cost them way more than it would have to just handle the matters appropriately to begin with. Not to mention the loss of revenue from me and others that read the review. Their customer service department needs a serious overhaul.

"i purchased products off Sharper images website and was assured it would arrive for christmas. christmas is over i dont have the gifts, when i got a hold of customer service they were rude and the problem is not resolved. IF YOU READ THIS. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLES DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM"

"I totally agree with other reviewers about very poor customer service and bad products. I purchased an MP3 docking station for my husband's Christmas present. It arrived without the AC power cord. When I phoned the Sharper Image customer service center to see if I could get one, I waited for over an hour before I spoke with a representative. This representative told me that I should call the manufacturer of the product because they did not carry replacement parts. I called the manufacturer who said that the cord would be $18. Are you kidding me? Someone forget to package it and now you want to charge me! I called Sharper Image back and spoke with a different representative. This representative was extremely rude when I told her that I wanted to just return the product. I will never purchase from Sharper Image again. Be prepared for a very lengthy and aggravating process if you purchase products from this company!"

modified review This review was modified by online_shopper on December 27 2010 12:16:29 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Purchased an item online then received email 3 weeks later that the item was no longer in stock."

"I think Sharper Image has the absolute worse customer service on the planet. I've had a whole string of episodes which make wonder why I even patronize them. I no longer do by the way. My last incidence was a doozy. I went to sharper image to exchange a purchase. Nothing major, the item cost about $20. This was on a Sunday the sales manager left me in the front of the store for about 20 minutes. Upon his return he told me he was instructed not to do business with me. I couldn't understand the reason for this and long story short, after an argument with the manager I left the store. I called their customer service department who told me they could not understand why the manager would do such a thing. Not only do they not have any policies that would support that...Customer service was closed on Sunday. After complaining to everyone all the way up to the corporate level, I never even got so much as a return phone call.

Part Two:
I had problems with a GPS system I bought from Sharper image. They told me to return it to them and they would replace it. I returned it with their shipping label and never received anything from them. A couple of weeks later I called them to follow up. They told me they received an empty box and could not help me any further. Now I'm out another $300 for a Megellan navigation system. This store could burn for all I care. Bankruptcy is too good for them.
If you've got any sense at all you will never set foot on their property. They stink in every sense of the work.

"Horrible customer service and slow shipping. I placed an order for a compact fan on 8/06 and it arrived over a week later. The fan was defective so I called to get it replaced. The customer rep said they would send me out another and just to throw away the old one. Two weeks later, I still have not received my new fan. I called in again and a different customer rep said that the fan was on back order and they were sorry they never notified me (Sounded like a load of BS.) The rep said that the item JUST came back in stock (Yeah, ok) and they would send out another right away. Their site never had the item listed on back order. I will never purchase anything from Sharper Image again.

"I ordered a refurbished blue-night cd readio, it normally cost 99.99. I payed 14.99 on clearance,and it looks and sounds really great,couldn't be happer."

"My order was delayed without any communication. The order status was forever in a "Processing" state. I was unable to reach the company by phone. I sent two e-mails which went unanswered. I sent a third e-mail asking to cancel the order. That e-mail also went unanswered.

Five days after I placed the order I received an automated e-mail saying my order didn't pass address verification. Five days is way too long. AVS is instantaneous. Something is definitely amiss with this company's online retail system. And five days is shipping gold during the holidays.

I ordered through another company and had to boost shipping to next day because of this lousy service.

Rating 4/102/5

"Sharper Image and PayPal have a "free shipping" promotion. Unfortunately it isn't always free and you can't tell prior to sealing the deal and making the payment with PayPal. Upon my questions to customer service, I was offered about 1/2 of the shipping charges refunded. For various reasons, unknown before finalizing the order, some items do not qualify for this promotion. Customer service is slow and the order was sent, I was charged and I will have to refuse the order when it arrives to obtain a refund.

-- Thanks for nothing Sharper Image & PayPal -- A failed execution of a promotion that most companies know how to do.

modified review This review was modified by chrispatt on December 13 2006 11:23:31 PM