Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 8.00/10 1,069 reviews

RytherCamera is a merchant member
    RytherCamera participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • RytherCamera contact information

• Address: RYTHER CAMERA.426 N. WOOD AVELINDEN, NJ 07036
    • Contact: customerservice@rythercamera.com
    • Phone: 877-644-7593
    • Customer Support: 877-644-7593
    • Business Hours: Customer Service:MON - FRI11AM TO 5PM E.S.TSALES:SUN - MON10AM - 8PMFRIDAY10AM - 6
    • Fax: 908-933-0941

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.37/10 7.37/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.81/10 6.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.97/10 7.97/10

All 1,070 Customer Reviews

"I am very happy with my purchase experience with Steven Warren and RytherCamera? Steven was very happy to help me purchase the right camera and equipment for my needs. I was not sure what exactly I wanted when I called. I felt like he gave me good advice as he would his own family. The day after I made the purchase, I called Steven with a question and left a message. He called me back with answers that day. I am now looking forward to receiving and trying out my new equipment."

"I was very pleased to work with Steve warren at ryther camera when ordering my new 60 inch samsung smat tv...the knowledgable staff and personalized service was great....they were able to answer all my questions and beat any local pricing which also included an extended in home warranty. I would not hesitate to use this business again for my electronic needs....forgot to mention most people think us northerners are too friendly...wrong...Steve and company acted like we were old friends and couldn't have been more helpful."

"To whom it may concern, I placed an order today with your company. Steve Warren assisted me with my order. Just wanted to let know that Steve was very courteous with me helping me in placing my order. He treated me as if I was "family" and made me aware of what I was paying for and what I was getting. I felt that positive energy and the spirit Steven portrayed made me feel welcomed. He exemplified the "aloha" spirit in the East coast. Please keep up the good work and thanks for that awesome energetic customer service. Looking forward to my new camera and will order again from you guys soon. Aloha!"

"I really enjoyed doing business with Ryther Camera...especially with my sales representative, Steve Warren. He was very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. I know I will enjoy using my 70D Canon camera...and will return to Ryther Camera for future needs."

"This is my first time buying from RytherCamera and I must say I am impressed in the customer service I received. I will definitely be buying here again for my studio. I ended up buying the Canon 60D and got a great price for it so I'm happy!!"

"Recently bought a new 60" samsung smart tv from the people at ryther camera. Love the tv and Steve was very helpful with my purchase. Thanks again."

"Outstanding service from Ryther Camera. I had called to ask a few questions prior to ordering, which were promptly answered and confirmation of my order was immediate. Very pleased with them and would refer them to friends and associates."

"Do Not Buy From These People. A simple order has turned into a nightmare. Bought a Nikon D7000 w/18-105mm lens first week of Dec 2012. Called them because I did not want a grey market product, they assured me it wasn't so I purchased, When it arrived it was a grey market product. Called & they told me for a extra $160 I can get the USA version, so I went for the upgrade, sent back grey market then they sent me a USA Nikon D7000 body with a grey market lens. They also promised me at the time I could upgrade to 2 - 4hr batteries for a extra $60, so I said ok, only received 1 battery, went on Amazon and the battery cost only $16. They told me they would give me a 3 yr warranty with the lens through Mackcam & send me the extra battery that was originally promised so to put this to rest I said ok cause I am soooooooooooo... tired of dealing with these people. It is now Jan 2014 & still haven't resolved issues with my purchase. No warranty & no battery & they won't answer my emails anymore. I have not been mean or nasty on the phone dealing with these folks, that gets you nowhere. So read the previous reviews on Ryther, notice a pattern yet? They are not well liked, I wonder why???"

"This company is not worth the trouble to do business with.
Ordered a Nikon D7100 on Dec 4, 2013. Received 2 messages telling me my order had isuues. I contacted them and was told that I ordered an import model (which I already knew). They told me they had the US model in stock for hundreds of dollars more. I told them I wanted the camera I ordered.
It has been over a month now and I am still waiting for my camera.
Updated 1/8 - Tom contacted me, told me he wanted to personally make it right and I should receive my camera next week.

"My original complaint is below this one.

I moved my rating up to three stars because either the owner or one of the partners of the store contacted me by phone to discuss and try to fix the poor rating. And that's pretty rare to have happen.

He told me that James, the fellow who provided poor customer service, shouldn't have treated me the way he did and also provided non-competitive price information which led me to buy from another store.

I'm going to probably buy some accessories and a few other things from Ryther since the owner urged me to give them a second chance. I also felt it was only fair to amend my first rating since I got the call.

Kelly first wrote:

This is a problematic company. In my case, we placed the order and then they sent an email saying there was a problem. Once I talked to them -- which is a huge pain for a business owner -- they tried to upsell me on the same camera but a legal version of it. (The original one they claimed was an import model but nowhere did I see that information -- on two occasions of looking for it.)

Totally, totally bad players. I would not recommend anyone do business with these folks.

"Did not recieve my product on the day they said it would be delivered? I paid for 3 day FedX and got 4-6 day UPS and now it has been 8 days since purchase! Did not recieve a tracking number to be able to follow package? Will not purchase from them again! Called Ryther about my shipment and found there was a mix up? Steven was able to redo the order and ship overnight! I was pleased it showed up and everything was as expected! I would have given them 5 stars if I had recieved it by on time! Since Steve did the overnight I gave 4 stars."

"Prices are great but that is all from advantages. Although their webpage says it is in stock it is not. Although their system says shipping to Canada is free and it let you make the order then they tell you you have to pay additional 150 bucks for shipping + taxes for your province. Although it is not usually written on the product's webpage the product is imported thus has no warranty. Communication with the store is horrible. One of worst I have ever experienced.
Conclusion: Don't let them fool you with the low price and avoid buying anything in this store at all! I am very happy that I was finally at least able to cancel my order there. Ryther camera's marketing is as agressive as I do not think these practices are still legal. Customers should not be concerned about Ryther, police should.

"Stay far away from this seller - they were my worst online buying experience. I ordered a Denon AVR-X2000 receiver from them. After they ignored my three emails, I emailed them to cancel the order. After 5 days since I made the order, they finally replied to claim that I needed to call them for verification because the shipping address and the billing address were different for my order. I emailed them with an image of their own Website showing that the two addresses are identical, and requested to cancel my order. They called the next day, telling me that the $479 advertised at their Website is for a South-America model without warranty. That was fine with me if they were able to ship right away; but then they said this model did not come with a remote control although the spec. at their Website clearly says that it does come with a remote control. They advised me to buy a North-America model for $629 that would come with a remote control - $150 more than their advertised price. By this time, I had enough of their BS and once again told them to cancel the order. I hope they will as the order is still showing "new order" at their Website at this time. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-09-2014

rythercamera, RytherCamera rep has responded

““Thanks for feedback; For verification purposes, we review all orders to check for fraud, incorrect addresses and so forth. Only in some cases where our automated system flags orders for us to manually review. This customer furthermore wanted to cancel for this reason and I don't know why; but we also do not sell any electronics from South America - it just doesn't exist. We just couldn’t talk to this customer and ever afterwards we made a couple of calls to him and he did not pickup or responded to any of our communication efforts. We suspect he had a difficult time with some other vendors & was just frustrated. We do apologize and hopefully we can do more business in the future.

Thanks,
Victor
Managing Director
908-290-0242”

"Do NOT buy any from this company. Whatever on them web site price is NOT real
They will call you say the item you bought is NOT for US or NOT usa warranty. Do you wanna change to US model and you need pay a lot more money. DON'T waste your time whith this jokeeing company

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-18-2013

rythercamera, RytherCamera rep has responded

“Victor
908-290-0242”

"I am probably rambling, but I can not say enough about how nice Steve Warren was. You have no idea how much I despise working with sales people. (sorry) and I used to be one. But it took him about 15 seconds to chip away the ice. When I asked if your company was reputable, he immediately began explaining your business. I then found out that Steve and I had both grown up in the sort of same area. I was familiar with places he knew because of the horse circuit I used to travel. Kind of
like meeting an old friend. I had even gone to fair shows running barrels and poles in Calhoun County, Howell Holler, which is where Steve is from. I believe he said he was probably 5 years old then! So many coincidences. Anyway, just wanted you to know that you have a keeper with Steve. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Again...Stephanie Ewbank