Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 8.00/10 1,069 reviews

RytherCamera is a merchant member
    RytherCamera participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • RytherCamera contact information

• Address: RYTHER CAMERA.426 N. WOOD AVELINDEN, NJ 07036
    • Contact: customerservice@rythercamera.com
    • Phone: 877-644-7593
    • Customer Support: 877-644-7593
    • Business Hours: Customer Service:MON - FRI11AM TO 5PM E.S.TSALES:SUN - MON10AM - 8PMFRIDAY10AM - 6
    • Fax: 908-933-0941

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.37/10 7.37/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.81/10 6.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.97/10 7.97/10

All 1,070 Customer Reviews

"Beware, as these people misslead you. I bought a Nikon D800 and 24/70 lens because the price was very good (I should have suspected!) then they called to say that the merchandise was imported, of inferior quality and with no US warranty - so they convinced me to pay extra for the US official versions. They charged my card $3999 immediately, but three weeks later I have not received anything... only after repeated chasers they finally sent me a box with.... the imported versions! They did not return calls nor emails until I told them I was returning everything and instructing the credit card to reclaim it. Then just now the manager (Tom?) called me to explain the "misunderstanding" and he apologized though claimed it was still a very good deal and their warranty would cover any issues. That may or may not be true but I just lost confidence and I am returning everything - will post an update once I get fully refunded. Their prices are competitive but their commercial handling leaves a lot to be desired.

UPDATE March 18: I returned everything in their original package and they got it on March 10. However, they have not bothered to refund me yet! Legal actions are next, don't trust these people!

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-13-2014

rythercamera, RytherCamera rep has responded

“Thanks for the feedback; We apologize that we could not meet your exception this time around. The distributor shipped the incorrect package and we offered a discount and offered to exchange immediately.

Again,we do apologize. Any further question, please don't hesitate, call and speak to Tom 908-290-0242.”

"I found Ryther Camera to be very attentive to me as a customer. The people I've worked with there are very knowledgable and are able to suggest sensible options allowing a greater value to the customer in purchasing photographic equipment. RytherCamera is extremely competitive in their prices. Doug"

"Ryther Camera appeared to me on the Amazon site. For the Canon 70D and the 18-135mm STM lens and included parts the price was the best by far. What I was initially looking at was the non-US camera (without the associated warrantee.) I was made aware of the difference when I ordered the camera and the salesman was very courteous and helpful to point me in the right direction. The US version is more money and is also listed in Ryder’s pricelist. I ordered both the camera and lens with the US warrantee. The bundles that were offered to me made good sense and the price was still the best. I was not in a hurry to get the products so waiting for delivery and not using a faster delivery method was what I wanted to further keep my costs in check. I feel I was dealt with fairly and courteously and am pleased with Ryther Camera. As for my new Canon camera and lens, I am also very pleased. I have registered both camera and lens with Canon and will order from Ryder again."

"Victor saved the day! After a somewhat frustrating online experience Victor steered me to the right camera and made my buying experience excellent. My camera was delivered on time and as promised. I have since made additional purchases that went equally well and would encourage anyone to try Ryther Camera."

"The sales person that helped me was named Kevin. He not only wrote my order but also helped me to make the decision on some lens for my new SLR camera at a bargain price that I felt like I could afford. Kevin was prompt in returning my calls and answered all questions and concerns. All in all I am pleased with Ryther Camera and Kevin. "

"14 days of waiting was the only problem but, it was because of weather. But, Ryther customer service was quick to answer and nice. I love the price of my Nikon D5300 with 18-140 VR Lens compared to anywhere else. I think they are an awesome company to work with. :)"

"This company was excellent service by far the most superb I have dealt with when coming to buying video equipment. Although the trip from Brooklyn to Linden was a lengthy ride, it was worth the trip and investment. Great prices, great service and efficient information. I am a satisfied customer and will be returning multiple times."

"This is a BAIT and SWITCH company - they advertise the lowest price out there, then contact you to say you are ordering an imported model that does not necessarily match N.American standards - and you end up paying up to 20% more for what you thought you ordered. BE VERY WARY of them!"

"I ordered my camera on 2/14.Recieved a call on 2/17 needing to clarify my shipping address. Called on 2/18 and at that point was pressured to buy extended warranty and upgrade battery/charger. And was trying to be talked into buying additional item as well. As of 2/22 I still have no confirmation that it has shipped; and was told today that department is closed until Monday. Are you kidding me? Customer Service can't tell me the status of my order? I will not be doing business with these guys again, despite the lower prices. I called Monday and was told it would be delivered Mon or Tues. I called Tues 2/25, and now am told it is drop shipped and they don't have that information from the USPS who will then give it to FedEX. And don't expect it until March 5. What the?? I never would have ordered the blooming thing if it was going to be almost 3 weeks to get. Don't use these guys unless you have a lot of time to wait and a lot of faith."

"after waiting i got my camera and it was worth the wait i can't wait to use it!!! thanks guys"

"I ordered a Canon 70D package from them on Saturday, 2/8, and requested 3-day FedEx. On Monday following the order, I sent an email requesting a tracking number when it shipped. I didn't get a reply. I then called on Friday and Victor told me the weather was preventing shipping, which I understood. He said I'd get the camera on Wednesday (2/19) or Thursday (2/20) of this week. It's now Thursday night and no camera has shown up and no tracking number has been sent to me, which doesn't give me much confidence that I will see my camera before this weekend.

Until I get the camera or some sort of notification regarding the shipping, I can't recommend this company at all. It's the 21st century and there is absolutely NO excuse for poor communication and no tracking number when all it takes is a few key strokes to accomplish it.

I will update this when I get my camera or I cancel my order.

UPDATE: 2/21/14--Called this morning and talked to Kyle in customer service. He was surprised that I hadn't received my camera yet and promised to call me back "in an hour and a half." The day passed. No call from Kyle.

UPDATE: 2/24/14--After calling my bank and starting a stop payment claim, I received an email with a tracking number. Unfortunately, it's being sent regular FedEx and NOT 3-day like Victor assured me it would be two weeks ago. So here we are two weeks later and they are just now shipping. Very poor service and ZERO communication unless it was instigated by me. I will update again when I receive the camera, but for now my one-star rating remains.

UPDATE 2/28/14--I received the camera package today and it's a USA version of the Canon and not gray market. All in all, I'm pleased with the package and everything was included except for the "318 AF Digital Slave Flash," which is kind of a drag since it's listed on the invoice. Also, the Zeikos Remote Switch isn't the right one for this camera model, which means it's useless to me. Overall, I can't say that I'd do business with Ryther Camera in the future because of the SLLLOOOOOWWWWW shipping and the ground shipping instead of the 3-day I paid for and was promised. It's really not worth the headache of the hassle to save what ultimately was just a few dollars. I'd rather deal with other suppliers because you order it and they ship it. Period. No BS and no need to monitor your order to ensure it gets to you. I will raise my rating up to two stars because I finally got what I ordered with the two exceptions.

"UPDATE TO THE REVIEW AT THE BOTTOM. They have now asked me to edid this review at least nine times, so I am now honoring their request (again). I think they may regret that request.

I have NEVER RECEIVED SUCH TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE from any online buying experience as I have from Ryther Camera.

After a LOT of trouble with Steve, and no help from the representative on the 'live help' I am extremely unhappy. In fact if my order, placed two weeks ago, for which I purchased expedited shipping , does not arrive tomorrow I will be contacting my attorney.

I wrote a review a week ago noting the deception, bait-and-switch tactics, and terrible service from STEVE, HE (IN WRITING AND OVER THE PHONE) ASKED ME TO EDIT MY REVIEW OF HIM. It was only after writing the initial review that he returned my calls and emails that went unanswered for the several days prior. At this point, he made promises of rectifying the problems and providing better service. I foolishly did edit my review, only to continue to receive horrendous service. Hence this review one week later.

I have requested SEVERAL times to speak with a supervisor over the last week, and yesterday received a call from Victor who did not identify himself as Steve's supervisor. I specifically asked Steve to cc his boss on a reply to the email I sent, with all of the email conversation left intact, which he did not do...or even reply to the email.

I have repeatedly requested a tracking number for the shipment of the $2,500 in products that I ordered...and to this day, at least six requests later, have not received one. In emails I have listed out, numbered and bulleted, my questions. NONE of these have been addressed in any way. I have been told for two weeks that my shipment is delayed due to 'inclement weather'... however I have seen nothing in the news which reports bad weather in NJ (or anywhere else in the US)lasting close to two weeks. When I posed this question/comment to Steve, it of course went unanswered.

NOTE: STEVE, I WILL NOT EDIT THIS REVIEW AGAIN, SO DO NOT ASK ME TO AGAIN. I have posted this review on every online photography to which I belong, as well as on Facebook, and will continue to post it to any other review sites I can find.

UPDATE: MARCH 14, 2014

After much more back and forth with Kevin, who claims to be Steve's supervisor, I still do not have my full and correct order.

I have now been asked to edit my review at least nine times (I think it's more but don't want to exaggerate so am erring on the side of caution) since I wrote the first one. Finally, I am granting their wish.... and it is NOT a favorable edit. I expect that I will receive a call within an hour, asking me to edit it again.

Nearly a month later, yesterday I finally received what was supposed to have been my last item of the order. When I opened the box, I found that they had sent me the off-brand battery grip, rather than the Canon one I ordered. That is a large difference in price, and not covered under a Canon warranty.

I have spent $3500 on this order and it was one of the worst decisions that I have made in several years. Paying for three day shipping has left me without a complete order one month later.

My attorney is now working on this matter, so I expect some resolution soon. I'd recomend this action to others experiencing issues.

"Absolutely HORRIBLE reseller... Take my advice and spend the extra money elsewhere. I ordered this product and 15 days later they decide to ship! I had called them continuously requesting a status update and they had promised me it had been sent. However, it was clear they lied both time I had called. Finally, i recieved a notification that the package had shipped - once again 15 days later. This place is a joke. Oh ya, the day after i had plced my order, they emailed saying there was an issue. i called them back and it turns out there was no issue/. They tried to upsell me on an SD Card, battery pack and extended warranty. Last, to top it all off, I have just found out the camera does not include a warranty. PLEASE take my advice and stear clear of Ryther Camera. Ridiculous!"

"After initially being very dissatisfied with the way the company treated us, they have since contacted us and done a good job compensating for all of the previous issues that we had. It is clear that customer service does want to make the customer happy and will try and work with you if you have issues or are dissatisfied with anything during the process. "

"After reading reviews about Ryther Camera on Resseller Rating today, Feb. 13, 2014, I decided to start a review on a camera purchase I made online from Ryther Camera on Feb. 3, 2014. I purchased a Canon EOS 70D. As of the writing of this review, I did not get any kind of shipping confirmation or a tracking number from Ryther Camera. I should be getting the camera at the earliest, Friday, Feb. 14, and at the latest, Feb. 17, 2014. I will be following up on this post no later than Feb. 17, 2014.

STAY TUNED.......

Feb. 17, 2014 - 6:15 pm CST,

I called Ryther Camera on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 to inquire about my Canon 70D camera that I ordered on Feb. 3, 2014. I did talk to a customer service rep. and they told me that the camera did ship but due to the bad snow storms that they were getting that the shipping through FedEx would be slow. Today, Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:40 pm CST I received a email from Ryther Camera stating that my Canon 70D has been shipped and they also gave me the FedEx tracking number for this order. So far I have been lied to by Ryther Camera. I will leave the 3 star rating for now. I will follow up to this post once I receive my camera in my hands.

Feb. 20, 2014 - 6:44 pm CST,

I received my Canon 70D from Ryther Camera today. I was lied to by their customer service rep. about the camera shipping date. He also told me that I would receive a $30 refund due to the delayed shipping. I will drop my review down to a 2 star and if I receive the $30 refund he promised I will come back and up the review by one star. As far as me purchasing from Ryther Camera again, that will determine on if I do receive the $30 dollar refund or not. The shipping delays didn't bother me, what bother me was that they told me the camera had shipped almost 2 weeks before it actually did ship.

As of today, March 22, 2014 I have not received a refund for $30 like I was told I was so I am dropping my rating from a 2 star to a 1 star. If I could give them a 1/2 star I would. I "DO NOT" and "WILL NOT" recommend Ryther Camera to anyone and I will never do business with them again.