Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.15/10 3.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.66/10 3.66/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.79/10 2.79/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-04-04

Questionable parts integrity

"A large portion of ordering parts from companies like rock auto is trust, in that you are going to receive the correct parts for your vehicle. I have ordered from rock auto in the past and have been pleased but my most recent purchase has set me back quite a bit. A simple Brake and rotor replacement turned into a nearly complete overhaul of my steering system, suspension and yes, brakes all because of incorrect rotors. The torque created from the incorrect part caused caused unnecessary pressure on the pitman arm and bent that. Tie rod ends and ball joints needed replaced as well as the rotors and brake pads. End result, a huge bill and no way to recoupe the loss. If you are going to use a company like Rock Auto, know what you are doing. Understand that the opportunity is very present to receive the incorrect part and shipping times cannot be 100% guaranteed. My suggestion, use a reputable mechanic and realize the cost savings in time and unnecessary rework. "

2017-04-03

Great Prices Disappointing Customer Service

"We love to order from Rock Auto because they have great prices, however we have had shipping issues with the company on multiple occasions. As a business reliability is key to our scheduling and work flow. When we finally called the last time after paying $38 for two day shipping on a Monday and did not receive the part until Friday the company did the absolute bare minimum "to make it right." Consistency and customer service could use some serious improvement. "

2017-04-03

Very unsatisfied!

"I ordered two leaf springs and a drive shaft.I waited several days past the projected shipment date only to receive a drive shaft and one leaf spring. I continued to call and inquire about the other leaf spring which they assured me was in transit. After several weeks they informed me that the other leaf spring was lost in shipping and that I would have to wait several more days for them to file for a lost part with fedex instead of shipping me another part. After this was all resolved I waited two more weeks with the truck still in the shop for the new leaf spring. When it arrived one of the clips that holds the leaf spring together was broke off! I had to weld a new one on just to get the truck back on the road. I called customer service and was on hold forever! They said they would send me another one as long as the other one was in its original condition (not welded). I will never go through this headache again! Extreamly unhappy, they don't even deserve one star. I will never order a part from them again!"

2017-03-30

waited for parts 4 days to arrive then received 3/4 of partsright... they **** an thats it.

"argued with zachry over phone about shipping correct part an his bs story was refund or store credit... how about shipping correct part over night an quality control while your at it... nope forget customer service.wont be using rock auto anymore."

2017-03-30

Previously opened parts

"Not the first time I've gotten a shipment that had parts that had obviously been opened before. Really frustrating that they waste your time like that."

2017-03-29

Don't pay for over night.

"I paid for next business day shipping they shipped it 2 day shipping. Thief's!"

2017-03-27

Always get what we need at the best price!

" Order all the time from Rock Auto. We always feel good about dealing with them! "

2017-03-24

A happy customer for over 7 years.

"I have been buying about 3/4 of my auto parts ( I own 5 well-used cars!), and have had 100% positive experience. Their catalog is awesome, the quality of the parts fine ( you can pick from economy to premium, to OEM depending on your budget ) , I have spoken to customer support with good results, for example, I got a warranty replacement headlight with no problem. I can shop for parts at 10 pm, place an order, and have UPS or Fedex deliver them within a few days, most of the time. In my opinion, a really good way to go if you can plan ahead, and wait a few days. "

Rockauto is great

"Even I need quality parts at a better price than the parts stores in the area, I turn to Rockauto.com.
When I am given a shipping estimate, it always arrives early. Have not had any problems with compatability of replacement parts.
I do recommend them to my friends.

Terrible

"Tried to return the product that did not fit. Wasn't even close to the same part that was needed. I sent it back was told it was non-refundable because the box was damaged not the part the Box. I guess the box is worth more than the parts."

2017-03-22

cheated me out of my money and parts

"I order a ac compressor from rockauto. When it was sent to me it already looked used. It was the wrong part. When I sent it back they told me that the part was used and the will keep the part and not refund my money. This is a crappy way to treat customers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!"

2017-03-18

Do not buy from here AND THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT Them

"I order a part on Friday and they did not ship it till Monday and I asked if they can ship it that day.i would of took it personally to FedEx if my customers asked like I did I would go do it "

2017-03-16

Save your time and peace of mind, buy quality parts elsewhere!

"I wish I would have read the reviews on here before I ordered parts from them.

Out of two orders, both parts were defective. That leads to 100% DISSATISFACTION!!!!!!!

Now I have to take everything back apart, pay to ship it back, and HOPE the new ones will work or I get to repeat the vicious cycle all over again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not buy from them anymore. They need to learn a lesson and start leaning on the manufacturers that produce this garbage!

2017-03-14

WATCH OUT!!

"have dealt with them before, like using paypal, i keep my info mine, after opening paypal account and paying for recent order, then i am told i have to give them my address that my bank has for me, after i gave them shipping address an payed thru paypal, now i cannot log out of paypal, and they want my private info that i used paypal to keep to myself, after giving shipping address and PAYING for order, they then want more info, WHY, stealing info or what, i deleted my account and will watch paypal carefully, since they did not let me log out from it, i called and was told that is standard, i have ordered before, and if they needed that info it was already there, my shipping address's were there in my account, to many people getting ripped off by not watching where their info goes, i liked rock auto, because i could order and pay and keep my info mine, like EBAY"

2017-03-14

Parts ordered did not fit car. Rock Auto would not take back.

"I ordered a brake kit for my car. The rotors were fine but the pads would not fit. I contacted Rock Auto, they asked me numerous questions, decoded my VIN and said the parts I ordered were for the wrong car. They couldn't even decode the VIN right. I purchase another set of pads from a different brand from Amazon. They fit. The pads from Rock Auto look like the pads from Amazon but there must have been some dimensional discrepancies on the Rock Auto pads. Needless to say I ended up throwing out Rock Auto pads. Will never buy from them again. Their customer service should be called customer disservice. "

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!