Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.97/10 1.97/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.23/10 3.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.37/10 1.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-09-04

Parts junk on arrival no cross ship!

"Parts arrive damaged and they need the part back before shipping another replacement. How they could fix the problem. Verify the part is correct in the box, verify it is protected properly & if it is bad cross ship another. They have the payment information so charge the new part until it gets back. Having a car down for days is a problem with this business model **** ****. Not Auto. Not sure what I will do if the next one is bad. Been driving with 3 new struts and of course the one that was bad on the car was the one that arrived damaged. Figures."

2017-09-04

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

"RockAuto sells third rate third party crap. The exhaust fasteners they sold me for a simple fix were larger than stock and wrong for the application. The threads on the nuts were so badly stripped that they could not be used. TOTAL JUNK!!! Overcharged for "next busuness day shipping" on a Wednesday night - only to find that the parts did not ship until Friday, they arrived the following Monday. RockAuto refused to refund the extra shipping costs ($19.99) Total rip-off! Do not waste your time or money!"

2017-09-02

Everything Exactly as Advertised

"They had a huge selection for my 05' Toyota 4-Runner. They offered everything from very cheap to high performance and expensive. My parts came from two separate warehouses but they all arrived early and were brand new, clean and perfect. I am an ASE Certified Parts Specialist so even though I didn't require speaking to anyone it was nerve racking knowing I couldn't. Lastly, my experience with a core return was not simple or easy."

2017-08-29

Rock Auto Customer Service

"Rock Auto Customer service needs to be changed. No Help cannot talk to a real person until you go through endless steps on automation. Spend the extra Money and avoid the hassle. They do not stand behind their products or offer help. I have used Rock Auto many times but they have lost a customer for life today. I will discourage anyone from ordering from them. Got a call into a manager said they will call before the day is over bet they don't!!"

2017-08-27

Spammer!

"This company adds you to their spam list after the sale and will bother you with ads and unsolicited offers. God knows how many companies they sell your information to. You would be better off purchasing from a reputable company."

2017-08-27

poor product from RockAuto

"As explained in my email to the company...
You sent me what appears to be the exact same defective axle that I returned. You will not take it back since it is now more than 30 days past the purchase date. Yes, the original junk part that you sent delayed the project, and we rapidly ordered the rest of the parts elsewhere after you sent another/the same defective part. Now that the project is complete, it is too late to return your part. It was the first and only item I have ever ordered from you, though we have recently ordered 8 other parts, including replacement axles, from another store and had no problems with any of those parts. I am now happy to add to the MANY negative reviews that you have received, and I will notify AutoZone of the error they made when referring me to your site. By submitting my/another negative review and telling others, I hope to help other people avoiding wasting their time and money by ordering from you.

2017-08-25

They will send you used, greasy parts

"First time customer. I ordered left and right CV axles. The left one came wrapped in plastic in a box and was new in appearance. The right one was also in a box, which was soaked in oil. Upon opening the box, the part was not wrapped in plastic, it is dirty, rusty, and clearly quite used. Rock Auto requires me to send back their crappy used CV axle in the greasy original box before they will send a replacement. Also their website is having a problem and won't issue me a return label. So they are offering to give me a refund of what their cost would be to ship the item to me. Not sure that will cover my cost to ship back, and would prefer they refund my actual shipping cost.
This is a serious pain in the **** due to them sending me used parts and charging me the price of new parts.

2017-08-25

Don't pay for 2 day shipping, it is a rip off

"They offered 2 day shipping at an extra cost ($11.99) when I ordered a part, which I paid for. Then when the part didn't come in 2 days I emailed them and they said they would not refund me the amount I paid for 2 day shipping. "

2017-08-22

Www.Rockauto.com

" Hello everyone my name is Richard Cates several parts from this place and gotta say don't buy from them, all of parts are crap and defective......."

2017-08-12

No Problems

"We have ordered hundreds of parts for years. Never had a problem. AAA+++"

2017-08-12

Wrong Oil Filter

"Ordered new drain plug and oil filter for 2014 Jetta. Oil Filter did not fit. Drove to local NAPA, and picked one up. Disappointing. On top of that paid $9.83 for filter + $5.99 shipping (with drain plug and crush washer). Local NAPA had for $7.11. Live and learn."

2017-08-09

Fraudulent

"Sent me **** bearings and I ordered Timken!"

2017-08-08

Rockauto is the ****t!

"100,000+ satisfied customer's don't give the good ratings only the bad. Fantastic selection to choose from, try that at your local parts store. "

2017-08-07

Never again

"I got two wrong parts from them when I was able to eventually use the other I had to totally return and then I had to fight with them to get a refund"

2017-08-07

Customer service joke

"My 1st ever order from rock auto was beyond great. 2003 acura cl type s 6 speed clutch kit came in under 2 days. Wow i was impressed. My master clutch cylinder however was a nightmare on my street. They sent the wrong part. Description is right but part is absolutely wrong. Tried to call. No way Jose. Can't talk to human at all. Now i got to pay return shipping for wrong part sent? Really rock auto?
They changed what i put in drop down box from WRONG PART to DON'T WANT. Now i have to pay to send this garbage back. I've read the reviews and i can only imagine how long it will take to get my money back.never again. Will pay hire price and be better off. DO NOT TAKE THE CHANCE

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!