Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.30/10 5.30/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

"Do not buy from these people unless you are a mechanic! They will charge you to return parts! Ordered a wiper arm. First part did not have splines. Called customer service to arrange a return. explained problem. Rock Auto Rep said she would put note in system to verify splines before shipping. Second part, still no splines. Arranged return on-line and was told I would have to pay $6.31 for return shipping. Called customer service. Second rep says it is not supposed to have splines, it's soft metal and the splines are formed by compression. He knows this because he previously called the manufacturer. I already repaired with modified original part. Customer service rep says since part is not defective, shipping is on me not them. He is the customer service supervisor and it was my misfortune, by his admission, he answered my call and not one of his underlings. Don't bother to train your employees or put a note in your system or make your manufacturers include instructions - just charge the customer - that's easier for Rock Auto!"

This review was modified by Charlottesville on September 11 2015 06:49:55 AM

"Rock auto may seem legit but when it comes to returns they gyp People off you have to pay shipping to receive witch is almost more then the part it's self then you have to pay shipping to return it so do not expect a pre-paid shipping label I paid $2-300$ in parts and the shipping came out to $335 now to return it is $335 I'm paying 670 in shipping cost for my items of $-2-300$ use CARID.com they have legit return and prepaid shipping cost. "

"After I ordered my part for my truck I read reviews about rock auto. I was not impressed. However my part was as described and in good condition. The part was also the right part for my vehicle. The part was also about $75 chepar than anywhere else I could find in Green Bay, or on line. So far I would use them again."

This review was modified by Traviswallace on September 03 2015 10:05:12 PM

"Worst company ever I ordered a clutch cylinder which had to come with two pieces and it only came with one. There sad excuse was that it was a defective item that they still shipped because the other part was not in stock. So not only did I not get the item I needed, I got a defective item and had to reorder it else where. At first I was going to place another order with a different brand but they would not accommodate my order in any way. Worst customer service ever. They clearly don't understand the meaning of customer service. Do not order from here they suck."

This review was modified by Rocio14 on September 02 2015 01:47:23 PM

"I tried over and over again to get things resolved. Rock Auto continued to ship items to me that appeared to be returns to them. I was getting parts that had missing accessories, and damage on threaded pieces, missing grease boots and all seemed to be items that had been handled. I finally gave up after three round trip returns and tried another vendor who sent me the same item in perfect and new condition with all the pieces and a well packaged shipment."

"I have been a rock auto customer for years. Most of the time they ship the right part. I have received some bad parts from RA and get a exchange (takes about a week to get new part) delays my repair but what can i do? I usually get non emergency parts from RA anytime need to get a part ASAP to get car running will go to retail store. So don't mind the wait too much. BUT what gets my goat is when i post a mixed review on their facebook site good and bad about their service they just immediately delete the post. I thought it odd there is ONLY good posts on their facebook's site now i know why. All negative comments are deleted. There is no such thing as a perfect company or service. But, how a company deals with bad experience is just as important as the good ones. Deleting them off the Facebook site doesn't make them go away or give the company an opportunity to improve itself but present a false image. Each time they make a mistake they did stand behind their products. Never an issue in getting a replacement, I didn't like their customer service not really helpful. But I have had 4 bad shipments and I am thankfull I have yet to be treated as bad as others who have posted their experiences. Each one I Got an exchange with the right part no hassles. But because of the way the treat their customers including their loyal customers only getting 1 star. "

This review was modified by luv2uallday12 on August 13 2015 12:42:05 PM

"I bought a radiator from Rockauto. When I received it I saw it was too short and would not fit even though the description said it would fit my truck. I returned it but the customer service department would not refund my money saying it had been installed and their policy was to not refund if the part had been installed. I tried to explain it had not been installed (it would have been impossible to install it) but they were firm in not refunding. Thank goodness I had used Paypal. Paypal investigated, found in my favor and refunded my money. I am now on RockAuto's no order list which doesn't bother me a bit. DON'T ORDER FROM ROCKAUTO!!!! YEAH PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Bernie2 on August 11 2015 08:17:29 AM

wilcox1976's Avatar

East Coast

"The true test of a parts supplier is what happens when things go wrong. How do they respond? I had a control arm I installed and then found the part was miss-manufactured. After reading the reviews here at RR.com I thought well this is hopeless. I contacted the part manufacturer and they told me I would have to deal with Rock Auto. Sadly I called them up and explained the situation. Their policy says they want the original box and won't take it back if it installed. I hung my head in shame since I had thrown away the box and installed the part. BUT in explaining all this to Rock Auto I found them to be very friendly. They took care of the return shipping by providing a prepaid label and I had a credit (including part of the original shipping-I had bought two items). I had a credit to my credit card a day after they received the part!
John 20:29

"Will never order another part from this fucking crappy company again they suck charged me $30 for overnight shipping didn't get my package for 3 days they won't refund my money"

This review was modified by Jasonric on July 15 2015 05:50:07 AM

"I ordered a radiator cap from Rockauto.com and received it promptly. There was a problem with the part so I contacted Rockauto and they promptly provided me with a replacement part at no cost for the part or shipping. I'm quite happy with the service I received from Rockauto."

This review was modified by tmatvey on July 12 2015 01:33:41 PM

"I ordered a new AC Compressor that RockAuto stated "May Looks different but will work the same as OEM" Well I received the part and it does not fit or work the same. I called them and they were very condescending and unwilling to admit their foot notes that caused us to order were in-correct. They wanted us to pay shipping both ways for their mistake. Their customer service after the sale is the worst I have ever experienced. One may think you are getting a better deal but after you pay shipping both ways for their mistake...not a good deal at all just bad service from a bad company that does not stand behind their mistake and make it right. STAY AWAY!!!! "

"I loved rock auto until my last order. I purchased a new wiper pulse board for my truck and when I got it, it was used. It looks like someone took the new one out and put a used one back in the package. I called and told them what happened and was told to return the part. I e mailed customer service and told them about it and was told I could return the part and as soon as they verified fed ex had it in their possession they would ship me a new one at no cost. I ended up getting the new one but a few weeks later when I got my credit card statement I noticed they had charged me for it. I called to see what the problem was and they told me that I still had to pay for it, and the at no charge only meant I wouldn't be billed more for it. They refused to give me any type of discount for dealing with the issue. I will never use rock auto again and strongly recommend that no one else does either"

This review was modified by cac544 on July 01 2015 03:35:57 PM

"i have used rock auto several times and loved until my last order. i ordered a part which they sent but had defects, when i installed the part my fan belt would not fit when i called to return the part they said it could be returned but they would not reimburse me for my shipping costs, which was $80, so long story short i paid $80 and received nothing in return so i gave rock auto the benefit of the doubt and spoke with a customer representative and asked if they could atleast give me a in store credit so i could stay a customer and his reply was there is nothing i can do for you, I would not recommend anyone to use this site, it is very hard for any individual to justify spending $80 for their mistake. for insurance it is much wise to spend the extra 20-30 bucks and order your parts from a parts store, they will honor their mistake. "

"ordered coolant recovery tank for my 04 seville on 6/25, delivered on 6/27.Thanks Rockauto for amazing service and great price"

"I have been buying auto parts from Rockauto.com for several years, good parts good prices. I had been a happy customer until last week. I open the box which should contain a steering rack only to find someone else's piece of crap steering rack that I assume was returned to recoup the core charge. So I call rockauto to inform them of what I received - "oh sorry, return that one and we will send what you ordered" Yeah they will do that after I return this POS. So let me understand: You send me a useless piece of garbage and I can't get what I already paid for until I correct your mistake. I paid expedited shipping because my daughter was driving 400 miles (round trip) for me to fix her car so that was wasted and I am sure I will get no end of excuses from rockbottomauto about why they can't refund shipping charges. If they had owned up to their mistake and shipped me a new rack the same day I would have been fine but now I will NEVER buy anything from them no matter what the cost."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!