• RockAuto.com
    • Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.79/10 5.79/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.16/10 3.16/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10

"Poor customer service! Poorly listed part parameters! Unwilling to fix the situation in order to keep a customer.
Parts were poorly packaged causing damage

"I ordered 4 parts for my vehicle on 2/3/15.recieved 2 of the parts.customer service calls on 2/8/15 ,said they screwed up and never shipped the other 2 parts out. She then said warehouse would ship them out as soon as possible and i should get them in 5 days. I proceeded to ask if i would be getting faster shipping or a discount since they obviously screwed up and i needed the parts. All i got was attitude and rudeness and they said all i can do is cancel the order ,and they could care less. I said they were about to lose a customer,they said thats fine. Ive used this company before,but now that ive used there customer service ill never use them again!"

modified review This review was modified by sirhcmi on February 08 2015 01:33:01 PM

"I have to say, I am absolutely SHOCKED at some of the negative reviews on here for rockauto.com!!! Virtually all of my friends & family (and myself) have turned to rock auto for years!! I personally have ordered SEVERAL parts for multiple different vehicles from them, and I have NEVER had a single bad experience! The parts are ALWAYS a fraction of the cost of anywhere else. I will say that sometimes the shipping can be a little on the high side, but you WILL save hundreds on the bottom line! While the shipping may not always be the cheapest, it is very fast. I ordered a fuel pump this past Tuesday, and received it yesterday (Friday). Instead of paying OVER $300 at any of the local parts stores, I got the EXACT same pump (same brand, same warranty) for $67 plus $13 shipping! Over the years, I've definitely saved a couple grand, and I will continue to save for as long as they're site is open. I suspect some of the "haters" are people who simply did not know what they were doing & ordered the incorrect parts and just expected Rock Auto to eat any costs......"

modified review This review was modified by brokenrob78 on February 07 2015 09:52:42 PM

"I purchased BMW Beck and Arnley fuel injector. Good price and super fast shipping. I installed the item right away as it is my only car took about 2 hrs. After all installation was completed I noticed that the new injector was leaking. It was not from the seals but from the body itself. I contacted the service and it happened to be a defective unit so they shipped me a new one. Week later still without a vehicle I received the replacement part in. I was excited that I will be finally ready to drive out my car I installed the part and again it is leaking in the same specific location. I give up with this company I have decided to go with Bavauto whom I have dealt with and did not have as much problems as with Rock auto parts. "

"Low quality Products – leaves my wife and kids stranded on the freeway.

I purchased radiator hoses from Rock Auto. The top hose ruptured within a few months. I was on the road on a business trip when I received a call saying the vehicle was overheating. My wife had to go to the closest mechanic in the area she was at and get the hose replaced. Just fortunate this was able to get done without ruining the engine.

Rock Auto “customer service” did not care about the situation, never asked about how things went with my wife and kids, never apologized for having a problem.

Wanted me to purchase a new part and then return the defective one – this after I informed them that I had to get the part replaced already at a mechanic’s.

They provide low quality parts, no customer service, do not listen to the customer at all and can only operate within the confines of company protocol to make $$.

I will never order from them again. Better to pay a little more for a part at the local auto store so there is something and someone who cares standing behind your hard earned money.

Buyer beware for sure – don’t purchase products at Rock Auto and roll the dice of leaving your wife and kids stranded on the freeway. My family’s health, safety and peace of mind is far more important than saving a few bucks with Rock Auto.

modified review This review was modified by Mrf72 on February 03 2015 10:40:31 PM

"RIP OFFS AND JERKS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. ADAM G. IS PRACTICED AT BEING THE SMART ASS MULE. RETURN POLICY IS A POLICY THAT COSTS YOU THE CUSTOMER DOUBLE. NO HELP. WONT ANSWER LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS, PRACTICED JERKS
HEADLIGHTS HOLD MOISTURE A WEEK OLD.

modified review This review was modified by DSHAW9595 on February 03 2015 11:30:23 AM

"Ordered rear brake rotors for my BMW. Selected Bendix "premium" rotors as Bendix is a long-time respected name in brakes. The order was received very quickly.
Upon opening the box the words "Made in China" struck me. There's no way I'm gonna put Chinese-made "stuff" on my BMW.
Rock Auto's web site made no mention these were made in China. They accepted my request to return the rotors, but will charge me the return shipping as well as original shipping: total cost of over $20.
Disappointed in their web site labeling and their charges for return shipping. They could have at least split the shipping but made no effort to please this long-time customer. (10 years a customer)

modified review This review was modified by jar631 on January 29 2015 09:15:12 AM

"Absolutely the worst customer service ever, promised the part the next day, sent an email saying it would be here the next day, then it didnt show up. Paid $51 for it to be here. Refused to even think about giving me a refund, Matt was very belligerent, and insulted my intelligence, and was overall insulting. Will never again by a part from them."

modified review This review was modified by glemaire on January 29 2015 08:30:22 AM

"I bought the hood. They sent me it with defect and didn't return money."

"Rock Auto used to be a great company to order from. They went down hill.. I ordered 4 O2 sensors from them based upon their catalog. The 2 front would not fit, wrong fittings, 2 rear ones were defective. Went to local parts store picked up the replacements, sent the others back and of course i had to pay the $7 shipping, and still haven't received the refund"

modified review This review was modified by SouthernMale on January 25 2015 10:55:21 AM

"Every order has been correctly filled and shipped expediently."

modified review This review was modified by deere4840 on January 22 2015 02:06:42 PM

"I have been a loyal customer with RA for 6 years & thought they were the cat's meow and converted countless friends to purchasing from them as well. Recently I have had 3 separate errors out of my past 8 orders. Each time it's a small issue like an oil or air filter not fitting my car even though I order from the fit guide accordingly. RA customer service is friendly and will take it back but frankly, I am tired of paying for shipping to buy it only to hassle with returns (print shipping label and drop off at Fedex or UPS) to get $5 OR $10 refunded). They only pay the return shipping. It's not worth the time or effort. True customer service would just take care of it if the fault is theirs. Especially when a loyal customer (as could been seen in my account purchase history) emails and politely asks them what they can do for me after expressing my dissatisfaction after the 3rd error.

You will find the same parts at same or (sometimes better) prices on eBay where the seller is usually more concerned with the buyer's satisfaction as negative feedback risk carries some weight.

modified review This review was modified by Vancouverite on January 10 2015 02:35:58 PM

"The website might require some serious help, but the parts and service are awesome.

I have been ordering parts from rock auto for the past 5 years. The parts are better quality than anything I have gotten from the local retailers and the price is better too! Shipping is efficient and I love to collect the magnets they send on my toolbox.

"Bought an entire turn signal multifunction switch from Rock Auto for my Chrysler 300. The switch that I received looked very old and used. Took it to my mechanic, he opened my steering wheel. After about 2 hours of trying to make it work, we discovered that THE SWITCHED WAS NOT ONLY OLD, IT WAS ACTUALLY BROKEN. Of course, the mechanic charged me $100 (which is reasonable for a 2 hour labor). I contacted them and they said that they will issue a refund and will refund labor as well. They asked me to send all the invoices with the object being returned, which I did. A week after the item was sent, I called them to inquire about the refund process. They stated that they have received the item with invoices and it will take 4-6 weeks for the process to complete. I emailed them today (more than 8 weeks later) and the response was "we have not received your item or the invoices to date". I still have the tracking numbers. I will be suing them (my brother is a lawyer). I have all the emails to prove their lies.

THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE FRAUD. THEY SELL USED, BROKEN ITEMS AND WILL NOT ISSUE REFUNDS. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

"It's like walmart for auto parts, without the customer service, warranty, or return policy of walmart. In fact, getting these people to accept a return is like pulling teeth.

Very poor customer service. Rockauto does not stand behind anything they sell, they will refuse to refund shipping if a part does not match a vehicle, and most importantly, they insult their customers integrity and outright tell those with complaints to shop elsewhere. Unbelievable.

I would suggest people shop at amazon.com, advance auto, or a local parts store for parts unless you want rockauto to send you the wrong part, then hold your money hostage.

I will likely have send everything back at my own cost and dispute this charge with my bank. Just terrible service from these people.

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!