• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.09/10 5.09/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.68/10 2.68/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.74/10 1.74/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.58/10 1.58/10

"I purchased many items for my car and others from rockauto and I have received the wrong parts before, they weren't even for the right car. I also recently paid for a AC Compressor kit from them and within 4 months the compressor seized up and ended up snapping my serpentine belt. I had no choice but to pay the price of a new compressor at a local auto store because the car was not drivable anymore. Rockauto gave me a hard time about the compressor warranty but finally agreed to send me a new one but now the new one is worthless because I have already paid over $400 for one at a local store. I'd recommend partsgeek if you are going to buy auto parts."

modified review This review was modified by Jessemichael on July 12 2014 08:09:38 AM

"I had hard time finding a sensor for my Buick on there web site even called but had no luck. If you're looking for a online auto parts store that has real countermen answering questions over the phone with no waiting time check out
[ Sameday Auto Parts] . Just google it. The person on the phone even shipped it out to me for free.
www.sameday-autoparts.com

"Spend the extra money and go with a reputable company! RockAuto does not care about the customer nor do they stand behind their products. Their return policy is the worse I have ever dealt with shopping online. We will return to the local part store rather than take a chance of the big "rip off" of RockAuto - they are cheaper because they take no loss or guarantee no products - purchase at your own risk!"

modified review This review was modified by dmlip on July 02 2014 06:22:02 PM

"I read a lot of bad reviews online about RockAuto, but based on the fact that I really couldn't find anywhere else that could even begin to compete with their prices, I decided to take a gamble. I'm very pleased I did. I bought a set of 4 monroe shock absorbers for my 58 Buick, and I think even with shipping to the U.K it worked out cheaper for the whole lot, than just buying a pair of the same shocks in my own country. I saved around £100. I couldn't believe how fast they arrived either, less than a couple of weeks. Checked the parts, everything was there as I ordered it. I Will certainly be using them again in future."

modified review This review was modified by Jessbuick58 on June 28 2014 10:53:50 AM

"I live in Key West, Fl. There are two auto parts stores here and they have to order nearly everything and what they do have is way over priced. Rock auto ships faster and is cheaper. They have different quality parts which you can choose from and they all have fit and worked fine so far. I will continue to use rock auto in the future."

"Truly amazed by their service. WOW! I ordered a part for my 30 year old 911 porsche from them because the BOSCH part (made in Germany) is actually half as expensive as in Germany. I ordered the part on monday morning. Two hours later I realized that I might need two pieces, so I sent an email asking if they could extend the order. Shortly after I got a reply from customer service with another payment link and confirmation that the part was added. I used international priority shippment by fedex and prepaid the import duty. Believe it or not. Today (Wednesday) about 48h after ordering the parts from the west coast of the USA I hold the parts in my hands in Germany. Can only recommend RockAuto! They have good prices, friendly and fast customer service and are working in lightening speed. Perfect experience!"

modified review This review was modified by davidpowers84 on June 25 2014 02:54:51 AM

"Rockauto is just one more online retailer that does not care about their customers issues.
This customer in particular will go elsewhere for parts next time.
Rockauto, if you read these reviews, you may want to make some changes with your current policies, otherwise you will be in the same boat as Radioshack...
If I could give a negative rating, I would have.

modified review This review was modified by ibrauni on June 22 2014 02:38:02 AM

"I got 2 front wiper blades for a used 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country I just bought - about $15 (includes shipping) & was satified, but the other wiper blade for the rear window came repackaged & box taped - didn't fit with the plastic piece & couldn't make it fit (about $8 includes shipping) - can't see returning it for that price - will go to local stores to get right fit - the blade was correct, but plastic locking piece in separate small bag would work even after trying to file & cut - Roberk part #1012 for $1.22 - DO NOT PURCHASE for 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country"

"I used to think rockauto was great because my first order with them went off well and their prices are very competitive. Unfortunately my second order they sent me the wrong brake pads and rotors (I didnt realize it until I had the whole thing taken apart and the pads didnt fit.) Took an hour on the phone before they blamed the manufacturer and told me to return em.

I thought it was a fluke, so I ordered from them again. This time I ordered a very expensive headlight assembly and a splash guard. They didnt send the splash guard at all, and they sent me the economy version of the headlight. Supposedly theyre going to ship the splashguard now (after 3 days of complaining), but they completely ignored the headlamp issue- they just responded that I didnt order the economy one. I KNOW I didnt- thats why I asked for a refund of the price difference (I would have just returned it, but I dont have time to wait for that). I reopened my return on that and now will probably have to wait at least another 3 days while they keep their interest free loan on my money. Its ridiculous. If I could give them less than 1 star I would. The price isnt good if you dont get what you pay for.

modified review This review was modified by Flammino on June 17 2014 09:51:40 AM

"I can only reiterate what seems to be a common complaint. I ordered a reasonably priced cabin filter based on the make and model of my car, but when it arrived it did not fit. It was listed as the correct part. It had the number I selected, but it was obviously the wrong part. I had no way of knowing what was correct other than what they listed. This is their screw up. They will take it back, but will not cover the shipping costs. ROCKAUTO may have low prices, but beware, if you end up with the wrong part you are not going to get your money back. And on top of that, they shipped it in the stocking box, which was damaged during shipping. They told me if the stocking box is damaged, they might not accept the return. Do not take your chances with these guys. You are better off paying a little more at a local parts store, at least you can return the wrong part. I know I will never buy from ROCKAUTO again."

modified review This review was modified by plaintext on May 19 2014 02:15:35 PM

"I have used RockAuto as a source for parts twice now. First time went okay, part arrived in reasonable time, was as expected. Second time was not so good. I couldn't find the parts needed in their online catalog, so I called while on line. Spoke at length with a salesperson, gave VIN for the vehicle, even read service codes out of the glove box to him. While still on the phone with him, I added the parts he said would fit to the basket and checked out. Guess what, 2 out of 3 parts were wrong. When I tried to get refunded, a long argument ensued via email back and forth. I provided pics of old parts and pics of new parts. Final upshot was they agreed one part was wrong and refunded, the other part they insist is what I ordered, and I can only return it if I pay the shipping. It's an inexpensive part, costs less than the cost to return, so I will just eat it. Problem is, it is their fault, and they won't take responsibility. What if next time it's an expensive error? There are plenty of other online retailers for Auto parts. I think I'll try a different one next time. Think twice before you use these guys.

modified review This review was modified by normmaz on May 15 2014 02:58:32 PM

"Don't bother. Very unprofessional. I ordered the correct part from their website. Part number and description were correct in the cart. The part they shipped was not what I ordered. I called "customer service" and was basically called a liar. "

"Horrible is the only word that fits. i ordered an a/c line. photo & part# were correct but part shipped was different than shown. they shipped to different address than listed in my account profile and that ended up costing me almost $50 that i lost because i had to order twice to get the wrong part. pitiful. oh yeah, that all the parts your car will ever need is crap, ive got at least 30 they dont even show"

modified review This review was modified by pepe2112 on May 10 2014 08:32:23 PM

"Order a Stant 10241 radiator cap,got some chinese piece of junk that did not fit right.Customer service ranks among the worst.Automated program for returns basically tells you where to go.I will not be wasting my time or money with these clowns again."

"Stay away from them!!
RockAuto.com sold me a fan assembly for my wife's 2007 X3. Paid close to $400 + FedEx to Aruba + duties ($130). My mechanic here told me it was not new, had been installed before. He installed it though and yep, malfunctioned. Next day, he took it out again ($100 for the mechanic). RockAuto okay'd to return it ($110 Fedex back). They did not know why it was malfunctioning so then just threw it away. I spent $740 in total on a used malfunctioning fan assembly and ended up with a $400 store credit for the part only. My loss $340.
Then when I wanted to use the store credit for a part for my Jeep, it had expired (had not needed any car parts for a year) and RockAuto refuses to reactivate my store credit. So now total loss $740!!!
I will never by from RockAuto.com again.

modified review This review was modified by ArubaSun on August 13 2013 12:31:09 PM

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!