• RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.33/10 5.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.90/10 0.90/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10

"Beware buyers !!! Terrible customer service.
Bought 4 engine & tranny mounts for a kia spectra 2005.
2 of the mounts didn't fit although they were listed as spectra 2005 parts. I initiated the return and I specified the reason as "parts didn't fit" . Their website says they'll refund shipping if the reason for the return is their fault.
I got refunded the parts cost only not the shipping. I called CS and explained the situation to the lady over the phone. She told me there is nothing they could do because I had selected the wrong reason on the website (!?) (there is a drop down menu listing the reasons for the return) and that the right reason would've been "wrong parts" and that it was my fault. Well the parts were not wrong ! they were listed for the kia spectra 05 so "parts didn't fit" was a more accurate description.
I wasn't being unreasonable, it wasn't my fault that the parts dint fit so just asked them to honer their published return policy about the shipping cost. . If a company doesn't honor their own published policies then stay away!
If you don't have to deal with their customer service you'll be fine , otherwise good luck and don't expect get refunded for shipping even if it is not your fault.

This is the last time I buy anything from this company and I wont recommend anyone to buy anything from them.

Also the reviews in custumerlobby.com only show most the positive ones, they didn't even publish mine.
Glad to see that resellerratings publishes everything and it is trustworthy for people doing research about this company.

abuck2's Avatar

"The ignition cylinder on my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder broke, so at the advice of my dad (a regular customer of RA), I ordered the piece from Rock Auto. It came quickly, was exceptional quality, and along with the main piece there were many additions that were not expected (e.g. screws, retainer clip). Would absolutely order from them again! :) "

This review was modified by abuck2 on April 01 2015 05:59:17 PM

"We purchased a power steering pump from Rock Auto. We returned the core just like that asked. Now they won't give us our core return back. They stated the wire was cut however they have not been able to give us a clear picture of the wire cut. They also charged us to ship the core back to them. Never using this company again. Horrible."

"ordered on fri 3/27 and it showed items to be del on about 3/31 which was fine, but the confirmation also showed a fedx traking # which until today 3/30 returned "not found". Still no biggie then late in afternoon finally showed up on fedx tracking and guess what it shows coming from the town I live in, so what the heck a shipping charge I could of just w/c'd items $22. to ship a few blocks. I could of been really mad if ordered ndair that was well over a $100. I will give them great on item pricing though o'rileys was asking 170 for each item I got for 112. Maybe they could look into option of wc pickup for items if buying from same town as shipped from "

This review was modified by toushay on March 30 2015 07:43:25 PM

"been restoring my 76 ford courier. bought two tie rod ends. same brand and part number. get the package with parts from two different manufacturers (japan & mexico) obviously different... would not help and told me they dont have time to look before packaging it. secondly.. bought a wheel cylender that was leaking as i was bleeding the brakes. old crusty ass rusty parts. would not allow me to return since it was past the 30 day warrenty... wtf!?!"

This review was modified by urlaub on April 19 2015 08:06:40 AM

"At first i like rockauto and i would recommend it to friends until i started receiving phone calls from ups stating that rockauto didnt pay for the shipping. Ill never order from rock auto again."

"I've been dealing with RockAuto for more than 5 years now. The last 2 orders have contained parts that did not fit. The last order contained wiper blades that don't fit my 2012 Mini. No big deal, except they refuse to cover the cost of return shipping, which is about equal to the value of the blades. They asked for pictures, which I sent, but they still won't cover shipping. Their mistake, but my cost...Goodbye RockAuto"

This review was modified by KMac13 on March 10 2015 09:29:44 AM

"I have been doing business with RockAuto since before they were popular. I have probably spent $1000's of dollars with this company and have never had a problem with getting the wrong item or slow shipping... until my last order.

I ordered a set of rotors and pads to do the brakes on my wife's car January 31st. In the past, orders have arrived within 3 to 4 business days with the cheapest shipping (usps) so that is what i chose again. Order arrived February 5th but the warehouse sent me the wrong pads. The part number for the pads I ordered were very close to the pads I received so I figured it was just a simple mistake and didn't make a very big deal about it. I went online, filled out a complaint, and was able to print out a FedEx label, at RockAuto expense, so that I could return the pads. The online tools explained that as soon as RockAuto received confirmation that FedEx had the package, my replacement pads would be on their way.

The returned pads were picked up by FedEx February 10th or 11th (not sure because we had a major snow storm that week) and the replacement pads were not sent out till February 18th with an expected delivery date of February 21st..... Enter Snail Mail Hell.... On February 21st my order was sent to the wrong post office who in turn sent it back to the sorting facility where it was lost. I filed a complaint with the post office myself because RockAuto customer service refused to do anything for 7 business days. I finally received my replacement pads on March 3rd, a full month after my initial order date.

Moral of the story... spend the couple of extra dollars for ground shipping to avoid the post office, and, if you have a problem with the shipment be prepared to deal with it yourself. RockAuto customer service is a joke.

This review was modified by Blue88487 on March 09 2015 09:34:29 PM

"I per-purchased some front brake rotors for my car. I only use this car in the summertime and purchase parts for non-critical repairs do do over the winter when it is off the road. The new in the box rotors do not fit my car. The part number on the box is the correct one according to Rock Auto. They will not fit over the hub and the rotor thickness is less. Clearly not the correct ones. Email with customer service was no help. First response more or less I was accused of ordering the wrong part and I should try to resell it to someone and make a profit. When I proved that I did order what the catalog specified, support rep Dave S. said that I "may simply have a unique vehicle that the catalog specified part does not fit, it happens ALL the time in the automotive industry" and that since it had been more than 30 days no exchange or refund would be given.
Don't shop Rock Auto!!!

This review was modified by SummerCar on March 05 2015 01:17:32 PM

"I called and talked to a representative from Rock Auto and he told me the radiator I was about to purchase from them would fit my car. So I ordered part. When the mechanic was putting the radiator in the car he found that it was larger and the hose fittings where not i the same place as the OEM part. I was forced to go to the dealership and purchase the part full price costing me hundreds of dollars. When I called Rock Auto there representative hung up on me three times and was given grief about returning my part. They offered me no apology or explanation or discount on future parts. I will never purchase from Rock Auto and I recommend you do not either."

"Never, never buy a part from this company. They sent us a non functional motor which had been just thrown into the box. And they refuse to replace their piece of junk. Absolutely NO customer service at all. We will NEVER shop with them again, and you shouldnt either if you want a good quality part or a company who cares about you."

"Their ad stated that my timing belt kit included a water pump. It did not. their response was that it was not included. Their ad shows me to be correct. I want a water pump or a refund for the cost of a water pump."

This review was modified by G_Sutton on March 02 2015 08:30:20 PM

"Used to be an advocate for Rock auto....but over the past year or so I have had two experiences where I ordered the correct part and was shipped the incorrect one....after a fight on each issue, they took care of it. The third time, I bought a catalytic convertor/exhaust manifold for $340 and had it installed by a local shop for $150 in early June, then the car sat until November. After just 4 months of use, it turns out the part is defective after just 4 months of daily use...cracked welds (Eastern Catalytic brand). Rock auto will only exchange after I send back the part at my expense and after they examine it. Plus they will not reimburse me for the second set of gaskets or the labor to reinstall the part, some $170. They will not issue me a refund if I just return the part, either so I have the choice of gambling another $190 or so total on another rock auto part or I eat the original $500 I spent on their part and the install and start over with a local part. Saving big money on parts i nice but not when it ends up costing you even more that buying a local part would have. So the initial low cost of parts is actually very high in the end."

This review was modified by moparcruiser on March 01 2015 12:49:13 PM

"I wanted to add my $.02 to the mix. I ordered a tow hitch from Rockauto. It arrived wrapped in clear plastics with the coating and paint chipped off the outer edges as shipping tore through the plastics. I took photos the item an emailed to customer service. It was answered the next day. Gave me links to the website for processing return items. After I completed, to my surprise, I got a notification for a replacement the following day. The replacement arrived 2 days later in completely different packing. Congregated box, paper fillers, bubble wraps etc. I would consider this exceptional service.
I have ordered from Rockauto many times in the past and always had good experience with the correct parts as well.
I would recommend them as an online retailer.

"Terrible excuse for customer service. They actively choose to not answer/not respond to emails while I experience a large issue with my order and when I called them I spoke to a "manager" named Brian (no last name or employee number) about this who was the most rude and condescending "manager" that you probably wouldn't even have the chance of running into at a fast food joint. He tells me there is no complaint section so I cannot even file a complaint, he lambasted me that I am asking the same question multiple times yet failed to realize that is because I am not receiving any answer to it. He admitted it was his decision to actively ignore my email and upon asking several times to speak with someone higher up and Lodge a formal complaint, like any company out there has the means to do, he told me that I have no need to speak with anyone higher up and they will not answer my question and they actually hung up the phone on me. One of the largest auto parts online speak to customers like they are crap and deny information and ignore pretty much over $20. That shows you rock auto is all about "next please! How will you like to pay for that?" "

This review was modified by Steverating on February 26 2015 05:44:35 AM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!