Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.97/10 1.97/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.23/10 3.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.37/10 1.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-18

They are a bunch of **** clowns.

"The order contained the wrong parts but they will not ship out the correct ones. Very rude and combative."

2017-07-18

unable to contact to make a legit return of a part that was NOT correct

"purchased a windshield and gasket for it; windshield was correct gasket was for different car.
I am unable to contact them in ANY way, by phone or internet.

2017-07-16

Customer Service is a JOKE

"I ordered brake parts to do a front brake job on my car. I ordered the correct parts, the correct parts were on the packing slip. Received the parts, tore the front brakes apart and found that they had pulled and shipped the rotors for the rear. Since I need the car to go to work on Monday I was forced to buy the CORRECT parts at the local parts house. Had I wanted to use those parts I would have bought them there in the first place. Customer services response was "Oh sorry." So not only did I have to use parts that I didn't want to use I was on the hook for parts that weren't right to start with. That I was told well you can send them back. Like that wasn't an inconvenience for their screw up. Well they don't have to worry I won't be back."

2017-07-15

Rockauto is the best !

"I have used them for for more than 15 years and have purchased hundreds of parts from them. Only had two problems in those 15 years, one a part was damaged from shipping so they sent me another one and let me keep the damaged part, it was sent right away. The other was a Dorman fuel sending unit that had a defect, I sent Dorman many emails they never replied. Rockauto had no problem with me returning it and were paying return shipping. I phoned them with questions and they were very helpful. I have no idea where some of this negative feed back is coming from as all my friends use Rockauto and love them."

2017-07-14

Don't Use

"I placed an order and entered my zip code. It auto filled the City and State (Douglas Az.) The order was not received so i tracked it. Turns out it was shipped to Algeria. My information was changed and the place for state was blank, yet it was shipped.. I attempted to call Rock Auto but regardless of what you choose, it sends you to the web site. Why have a phone #? talk about a company laughing in your face. I tried to e-mail them to my "suprise" that what also a dead end since you need a special app to do this. This company is a joke and a ripoff to the consumer."

2017-07-13

Horrible

"They shiped the correct part but upon receiving the package i inspected the box and it appered to have been damaged so i opened the box to inspect my part and it was damaged. "

2017-07-13

Website doesn't give the information you need

"I ordered brakes form my 2013 Explorer. I carefully read the whole RockAuto.com web pages for the brakes. There were standard and heavy duty options. It appeared that I could install either. Since we are pulling a camper sometimes I picked heavy duty. Later when the brakes were delivered I watched a couple youtube sites on installing them to get torque settings etc. Turns out that there was 2 different models for 2013 and you actually had to call your Ford dealer and give them your VIN to figure out which ones you need.

I have seen note such as this on other rockauto parts, such as a power window motor I looked at recently, it told me exactly what to look for on the motor to know which one I need.

When I contacted RockAuto customer service they blew me off, told me it was my fault and sent an image of the page showing a different rotor diameter for heavy duty.

Now I am stuck with $70 in shipping charges (too and from) that I have to pay for because RockAuto didn't do their job by putting what I needed to know on their website. They are the professionals at car parts not me!

I also complained to them that a "professional" website would have a "click to chat" where you could ask a question like this.

I AM DONE WITH ROCKAUTO. It's not worth saving the few dollars in parts!!!

2017-07-12

Part arrived as promised

" I ordered a headlight assembly for my 2007 Lincoln Sunday. The part arrived today in perfect condition. It looks to be an exact fit. I am happy with my order experience with RockAuto. I plan to use them again. "

2017-07-11

Core return scam

"Incredible!! I receive a package with a caliper inside. I place box in recycle because it certainly will not hold the core, ship the core back in a box that I provided and Rockauto insists that I had to return core in the original damaged box it arrived in. So because of this I have to eat a $90 core charge for the sake of a damaged box that they had no chance of reusing. Their reasoning, they needed the original box for authenticity. WTF. I can return a core to Advanced Auto in a filet o fish wrapper and they are fine with that. I have been a customer for many years with Rockauto and this kind of treatment is an embarrassment. Their customer service is absolutely horrendous. They have received my last order and rest assured by use of social media, I will make this instance of glorified extortion public. "

TERRIBLE AND RUDE

"Use to use them several times, but now if they make a mistake the problem is your problem. They give you 30 days warranty on a part as well, doesn't matter what it says online. Sent me a bad fan clutch that actually cost more then the dodge fan clutch, all I wanted was to be sent another with a return label for the other one. They said I could keep it or buy another one. They said I had to go online and fill out paperwork, I said I'm in the middle of trying to fix a truck, not go play on the computer. That guy hung up on me. I talked to another lady and got her to send me a return shipping label. They said once the item
shipped I would get my money back. It's now been over a week with no refund and I'm going through PayPal now.

2017-07-08

Wrong part and poor customer service

"I made an order on Rockauto.com, with the standard 2-8 business day shipping, and they sent me the wrong part. Upon speaking to somebody, (after the online process didn't work) I started the process of getting a reshipment. It got complicated very quickly. I found out at I need to now drive to the DHL headquarters in the city (a 45 minute drive there, another 45 minutes back) borrowing a car, as mine is in the garage and not drivable. Even if I get a ride to DHL, I then have to wait for the reshipment, which is only sent after the return part is processed by DHL, and then another 2-8 business days. I'm quite frustrated, as it's now the weekend, so I have to wait until Monday to go to DHL, and then wait for my new part to arrive to finish my car. The least I thought Rockauto could do was upgrade my shipping so I can get my part sooner, but customer service was unwilling to upgrade my shipping as it "costs too much for the company". All in all, I'll have my car done at least 3 weeks later than I had originally planned, spending more time and gas money to get across the city to send back Rockauto's mistaken part, and then hopefully get the right part in another week or two. As a new customer to Rockauto, I am not impressed. "

Return Policy - Unsatisfied

"I ordered $423 worth of parts that ended up costing me another $123.97 because FedEx returned my parts because I wasn't home to receive them and rock auto did nothing financially to help me besides referring me to FedEx. Beware of shipping issues. The breakdown. I paid about $40 extra for 3-day shipping, charged me $9.56 per part they received back and $21.75 on top of that for the return shipping label, then I had to order the parts again and pay another $23.98 to have them shipped again. "

Purchased a Truck Carpet, Arrived Covered in Grease

"Purchased a Truck Carpet, Arrived Covered in Grease. Contacted RockAuto.com and sent them photos. Response was: "I can see some small grease marks, but only on what appears to be the bottom rubber/plastic portion of the carpet. If you can demonstrate that there are in fact grease stains covering the top of the carpet, we can move forward with a resolution, but as it stands, we would not be able to send you a replacement." I sent more photos showing that the entire carpet was in fact covered in grease - no reply. Their customer service is anti-customer and they find it acceptable to send BRAND NEW automotive carpets covered in grease. They are very slow to reply to me and I had to go so far as to open a paypal claim. Absolutely miserable shopping experience, and worst of all, their refusal to take the return and supply me with a clean carpet is delaying my project as my only free time is over the weekend. This was my first and last time EVER shopping at RockAuto.com. All the positive reviews I see here must have been paid for, because when you have a problem with a $200 carpet, they treat you like absolute garbage. That and I paid $55 in shipping for my order because this company decides it is going to ship from 3 separate warehouses. Absolute incompetence. "

2017-07-05

Absolutely Satisfied

"July 5, 2017 .
This is my first purchase from RockAuto, and have been 100% satisfied . I live in Canada, where we can't always purchase the brands of parts as everyone in America, and for whatever reasons, we pay double and triple the price routinely for various merchandise . The name brand engine air filter (AC Delco) I wanted is not available here, but was available at RockAuto in the USA , and at less than half or a third the cost compared to similar brands here . Also, the shipping cost was very surprisingly reasonable, and thankfully was sent by US Postal service which saved me big time on Courier company fees . The part was received in 7 days, even though they quoted 14 days delivery . I received the exact new part that I carefully ordered, and it was very well packed . Ordering online was easy, and of the various methods of payment, I was happy to use PayPal . Just my experience speaking here !

2017-07-05

Never use this company for parts, EVER

"I ordered tailgate cables and taillights for my 1995 Tacoma. I knew going in Rock Auto would somehow find a way to irritate me and disappoint, which is the only thing they seem to do correctly. They did not let me down. My order arrived in a large box, securely taped. The taillight assemblies were (somehow) correct and not broken. The tailgate cables however were both cut open, and missing hardware. The cables were there but neither the bolts or washers were. The manufacturer packaging was cut open, then resecured with packing tape. I placed a return/complaint and they sent out a replacement. 5 days later the replacement arrived. Again skeptical, I opened the box to yet again not be disappointed in their lack of attention to detail. AGAIN the cables were sent WITHOUT HARDWARE. Now I get to wait another 5 days to hopefully be disappointed enough to break down and buy the correct part from the dealership. I know I'll have to pay 3x as much, but won't have to deal with the headache and incompetence of Rock Auto screwing up my order for the THIRD TIME. To date I have NEVER received a complete order from them, there is a 100% chance my orders will arrive either broken or the wrong part numbers completely. Brake calipers for 2 different cars. Brake pads missing pads and reboxed used. STAY AWAY!

DO NOT ORDER PARTS FROM ROCK AUTO. Even with their 5% discount they're not worth it.

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!