Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.98/10 2.98/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.61/10 3.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.56/10 2.56/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-03-22

cheated me out of my money and parts

"I order a ac compressor from rockauto. When it was sent to me it already looked used. It was the wrong part. When I sent it back they told me that the part was used and the will keep the part and not refund my money. This is a crappy way to treat customers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!"

2017-03-18

Do not buy from here AND THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT Them

"I order a part on Friday and they did not ship it till Monday and I asked if they can ship it that day.i would of took it personally to FedEx if my customers asked like I did I would go do it "

2017-03-16

Save your time and peace of mind, buy quality parts elsewhere!

"I wish I would have read the reviews on here before I ordered parts from them.

Out of two orders, both parts were defective. That leads to 100% DISSATISFACTION!!!!!!!

Now I have to take everything back apart, pay to ship it back, and HOPE the new ones will work or I get to repeat the vicious cycle all over again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not buy from them anymore. They need to learn a lesson and start leaning on the manufacturers that produce this garbage!

2017-03-14

WATCH OUT!!

"have dealt with them before, like using paypal, i keep my info mine, after opening paypal account and paying for recent order, then i am told i have to give them my address that my bank has for me, after i gave them shipping address an payed thru paypal, now i cannot log out of paypal, and they want my private info that i used paypal to keep to myself, after giving shipping address and PAYING for order, they then want more info, WHY, stealing info or what, i deleted my account and will watch paypal carefully, since they did not let me log out from it, i called and was told that is standard, i have ordered before, and if they needed that info it was already there, my shipping address's were there in my account, to many people getting ripped off by not watching where their info goes, i liked rock auto, because i could order and pay and keep my info mine, like EBAY"

2017-03-14

Parts ordered did not fit car. Rock Auto would not take back.

"I ordered a brake kit for my car. The rotors were fine but the pads would not fit. I contacted Rock Auto, they asked me numerous questions, decoded my VIN and said the parts I ordered were for the wrong car. They couldn't even decode the VIN right. I purchase another set of pads from a different brand from Amazon. They fit. The pads from Rock Auto look like the pads from Amazon but there must have been some dimensional discrepancies on the Rock Auto pads. Needless to say I ended up throwing out Rock Auto pads. Will never buy from them again. Their customer service should be called customer disservice. "

2017-03-06

Poor quality control - beware of their return policy

"First the good - I love their web interface, and they often have parts that are hard to find other places.

The OK - their shipping service is slow by current standards, and their packing can be slipshod - one recent package was very poorly wrapped and literally falling apart on delivery.

But....

Beware of their return policy. Don't buy until you are absolutely ready to do the job now.

The story...
I recently bought parts to do a brake overhauil and to replace a power steering pump. Unfortunately, one of the brake calipers was defective - damaged threads in the port. Sent it back and was replaced with no hassle, but it set me back at least a week ... and then the holidays came. So I wasn't able to get to the PS pump until this past weekend.

When I attempted to install the drive gear onto the pump shaft, the threads failed long before I reached the required torque (I was using a torque wrench, clean dry threads). Just stripped out. This is pretty unbelievable - likely a metallurgical failure, and hard to believe it could be an isolated issue for the manufacturer (Cardone).

But because it was more then 30 days from my order - partly due to their initial quality control failure - they will only exchange for an identical part from the same manufacturer. A manufacturer which likely has a serious and systemic quality problem. I don't want another Cardone pump.

So my advice - don't order until you're ready to immediately do the install. I'm returning another large order preemptively because I don't think I'll get to it before the 30 days runs out (again, partially because of the delay due to Rock Auto's defective part).

2017-03-03

Has been incredible for what has to be a decade.

"I have been ordering from RockAuto since I first learned of their existence. They have always been incredible. Their prices are exceptionally hard to beat and what few problems I've had over the course of what is likely 100 orders, have been handled beyond my expectations.

I thought this reseller ratings website was some kind of fraud in and of itself seeing the horrible ratings for RockAuto. I still can't believe my eyes. I have nothing but high praise for this company.

Allow me to share the two times I had a problem with them. Once they sent me a lower grade part in a proper box that I bought at wholesale price thru their website. They had me take a picture of the part to show them. They then sent me the correct part and told me I may keep the lower quality part. Exceptional. The other time I bought an exhaust manifold that was clearly a store return. They sent me an immediate replacement while letting me take my time sending back the other part. Again exceptional.

This company probably deals with hundreds of independent suppliers with no control over when someone at those places gets lazy or corrupt, but it has been my experience that they will correct any problems immediately.

I will now and will always go to RockAuto first over any other company.

2017-03-02

Disgusting!

"This place is a joke! They are seriously the WORST place to buy anything from! They sent me the wrong part and won't return my money because of "bolt marks" in a already refurbished part! I would NOT recommend this place to my worst enemy! They lost alot of business!!! "

2017-02-27

Bought parts for years and will for years to come

"Been buying parts for my cars for years based solely on Rock Autos pricing being so reasonable. Today I had a hangup because there was shipping owed to usps on an order. Two quick emails to rock auto's customer service and the problem was fixed. I received my parts, even though I know they probably lost money on the deal based on the high overage shipping cost. This just proves to me that the customer service team values my past, present and future business. It is rare these days to find companies that take the long view on customer service. Trust these folks."

2017-02-27

Perfect rebuilt cluster for my Suburban

"Ordered a rebuilt cluster for my 2004 Suburban. Added miles and hours at time of order. Box came next day since I live so close. 15 mins to remove my old one and install new one. Packed my old one up in same box and packing materials. 2 weeks later I received my $300 core credit. Super eazy replacement. Great company "

2017-02-24

Horrible

"Absolutely horrible experience. They double charged my card, sent me the wrong parys, and two weeks later I am STILL waiting for a resolution. I called customer service (ha), I was yelled at, belittled, and they refused to let me speak with a supervisor. I will never buy from them again or recommend them to anyone."

2017-02-22

Misrepresentation

"I was sold a seal which was labeled as a lock ring. The sesl came in a package labeled as a lock ring but Rockauto's customer service blamed their supplier and refused their obligation as a vendor. Beware of these people especially where shipping from. The shipping can outweigh the cost of the part. They charge shipping from the suppliers warehouse if they don't have it in stock. On one occasion while shopping their shipping charges on one item was $72 as it was coming from another country. "

2017-02-14

Parts from RockAuto

"Great parts with a variety of price ranges and name brands to choose from. Shipping is very reasonable and fast. If Warranty on any damaged or missing parts are dealt with quickly and fast.
Very Happy with their phone customer service with question.. Recommend to several friends.

2017-02-05

Don't order parts! With core charge!!

"Bought ball joints for my GMC truck, no problem, then order brake caliper there was a $22 core charge plus shipping to Canada but they failed to say the return shipping would cost more then the core return. Even though part came from Canada I would have to send back to states.
Ended up paying about same as if I bought locally.

2017-02-02

Shocks

"My shocks went out in 3 months. Just garbage. Should have spent the extra money to buy better in the first place..CHEAP CRAP......."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!