Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.60/10 2.60/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.16/10 2.16/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-06-18

OK Discount parts, some may be defective, DO NOT O2 SENSORS =MOST ARE BAD

"Been with them for 10 years now. Amazon does better overall, zero defects from Amazon with over 100 purchases. Still, for things like shocks and brake pads Rock Auto saves a lot. Be sure to investigate your needs properly by making sure that you have the right application, model year, etc. Always view the small pictures, double check the application guide and press "more info" and read what the manufacturer has to say about the product - before ordering. "

2017-06-17

Rock Auto doesn't properly check returned parts to ensure all items are included

"I ordered two struts for my truck. Upon opening the boxes it was obvious they were purchased and returned by someone else. The plastic packaging was removed. Unfortunately for me, Rock Auto did not properly inspect the struts to ensure all parts were int he boxes. One strut was missing replacement top nuts. I will not order from Rock Auto again."

RockAuto.com should be called RipOff.com

"I have been a customer of Rockauto.com for quite a few years. Mostly satisfied. Then recently they must have hired the staff from Hades and changed their policy accordingly. A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of Monroe air shocks from them. I installed them on my van and they leaked. I had to go out of town for a couple of weeks and when I came back I assumed that I could return them and exchange for something that works. They said no. I had 30 days to return them and I had exceeded that by two days so no dice. What about the manufacturers warranty? So sorry, there is none. Besides, they said, if they were installed on the car I couldn't return them anyway. How can I find out if they work or not if I don't install them? Silly, me, I had also assumed that an outfit like Monroe would have some kind of warranty. So with no warranty from Monroe and with Rockauto.com taking the low road I contacted my Visa card bank. They were helpful and refunded my purchase price plus shipping. Ok. Well all is good? Not! I figured it was a bit of a glitch and I was still willing to do business with Rockauto.com but when I put in my next order they declined it and said they would not sell to me until I gave them that money back. Ha! Ha! Ha! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Not only did they stonewall me on the shocks but now they don't want to sell to me (and make money). What an idiotic business model! So, fine. They will never get that money back and they will never get another penny from me for anything. They must think they are the only parts supplier in the world. Stupid. (Sad)"

Accomplice to extortion

"I have had many successful purchases from RockAuto in the past, but now something happened that totally changed my opinion of them. Together with DHL they are operating a shady business model where RockAuto charges X dollars for shipping, and DHL charges Y dollars to actually release the package to you. X is what you agree to at the time of the purchase, Y comes as a total surprise and is not disclosed in advance. Nevertheless, DHL is telling me if I want my package, I must pay Y or they will return the package to RockAuto. RockAuto says they will refund me for the price of the parts, but didn't mention shipping - so I am screwed no matter what!"

2017-06-16

Wow! Look at those prices.

"You can't beat the prices. I bought a fuel pump for my 2002 Trans Am. So far everything is working great. I didn't have to deal with customer service or returns so can't comment on that. Shipping took a little longer than expected but very satisfied overall. Website was extremely easy to use. I will buy from agin. "

2017-06-15

Wrong size water pump and they won't return it or give a refund.

"Do not deal with Rock Auto! I got the wrong size water pump and when I tried to exchange it for the correct size, they wouldn't take it back or give me a refund. The customer service is terrible and they do not return calls, overall a terrible place to do business with, I would not buy from them."

They Were Wrong but I Got the Shaft

"I ordered roters for my car based on pics from the Rock Auto site. The rotors sent were for rear not front like listed in their catalogue. The first customer representative identified the mistake. The follow up rep said No it was my fault. Requested a Supervisor due to how rude the 2nd rep was. Supervisor concurred with 2nd rep and I haven't ordered anything else from them. "

DO NOT USE ROCK AUTO!!

"this is a terrible website. Although there prices are really inexpensive for new part, they have terrible customer service and in many cases you may not even get your parts without a refund. Ive seen this happen to many times from them and if you do order a part and its the wrong one or they dont include parts or if it is something even if its caused by them, it's a hassle to return it and they don't pay for shipping charges which in some cases shopping is more than the item. They are terrible at doing business and now I'm out 50$ because they won't return the part i ordered because it was the wrong one. Just review their return policy to get a good idea of what they are like. Like if the mail company doesn't deliver or damages the package in some way then the customer doesn't get a refund. In most cases they will have you return the item then not pay you the refund. Trust me on this, it is not worth it to deal with these people!"

2017-06-13

When it goes good it's very good, when it goes bad it goes very bad. It is not worth dealing with them again..

"I will say this that Rockauto does a great job most of the time; however, my last order was messed up and Rockauto wanted me to pay for shipping item back (the part cost less than shipping would have been) . Customer service was a total **** so I let PayPal take care of it. I won the case but when I tried to use them again I got blocked at check out. The say I still owe them for the part they sent that was wrong.

These folks need some help if they want to grow. I will not deal with them again.

2017-06-12

I thought I was new customer

"I bought parts for my tempo but the order was canceled without refund.

Rockautos excuse wast that I filed 5 charge backs against them. This is the first and probably only time I'll order from them.

2017-06-12

Sent wrong parts not they refuse to sell me anything

"I bought a par of lift supports for the hatch on my exp and they were the wrong part. I Opened a return and have yet to hear from them. A week later I open a PayPal dispute but they have yet to replied. The case has been open for about a week.

I ordered new brake parts for the car and they caned the order without refunding me . Telling me I owe them money for the parts I bought.
This is just joke, I payed for the lift supports, I still have them and the paypal case is still open. They still have my money and they claim I never payed? If I never payed why did they ship the struts?

I opined a new PayPal and Rock auto account with a different IP and they would see, to have black listed my address. Now they will not sell me anything.

All I did was open a PayPal dispute for receiving defective goods, I have yet to escalate the case, I tried to open a retune on there site but they never did anything with it.
Now I'm out 40$ for the struts and 70$ for the original brake parts order and the second order.
I'm out 180$ in all and never got what I payed for.

RIPOFF

2017-06-10

Not as described!

"Throttle body. Part listed as ACDELCO OE part...NOT! Very misleading in description. They scraped off (dug out of rubber) the part name (where the picture shows "General Motors Corp," so who knows where it's really made. Bushing was machined into wrong hole for mounting. Customer service guy was nice, but that doesn't fix my car!"

2017-06-09

Why isn't there a negative star option.

"God awful customer service. I ordered a piece on Wednesday the 7th early morning and chose the express 2 day shipping and it said it will arrive Friday. So I said "cool".. I'm not getting the piece till Monday the 12 end of day. My mechanic only works weekends he's a family friend so it's going to be for very cheap. Now I have to wait till next week. Bumming rides yet another week with a 1 year old isn't fun. Rockauto responded to my email, in which I asked for my shipping refund since it won't be 2 days express shipping, and they said no and acted like they didn't care. Screw them don't buy from them. This would have never happened if they just delivered my order to FedEx on time.

2017-06-09

forget about warrant or customer service

"I need to buy my replacement part under warranty in an other store, there is no service but a lot of fees at the end..."

2017-06-07

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

"Ordered quarter panels and they were wrong. Want me to pay shipping back to them. Shipping cost was more then the quarter panels cost. Now I am stuck with them. I WILL NEVER ORDER FORM THIS ****HOLE AGAIN!!!!!"

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!