• RockAuto.com
    • Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.24/10 5.24/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.80/10 2.80/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.58/10 1.58/10

2015-02-23

"I see all the bad reviews and just wanted to share my experience with RockAuto! I have ordered from the 20+ times and have only had one problem. A belt I ordered was to small so I called customer service! We found out the belt was for my car just wrong engine!! If I would have read the specifications on the belt I would have known it was the wrong belt even know it was listed to fit my car! They refunded my money + shipping and corrected the website and I didn't even have to send the wrong belt back! I have never had a problem otherwise! I agree the website might be a little hard to use but you need to know the specifications of the vehicle and the parts you are ordering! I was going to order a alternator today but there is a 105amp, 110amp, and 130amp all listed for my car so I have to figure out what alternator my car has to order the correct one!! The 130amp came on DOHC engines and the other two came on OHV engines! Now I know I will order the correct part!!"

This review was modified by Jobsitejason on February 23 2015 07:46:41 AM

2015-02-21

"ordered some parts for overnight shipping. The next day I get a call from customer service that the warehouse did not have all the parts and they would need to ship it from a different warehouse for $105 extra. He stated that it is company policy to charge the customer for shipping changes due to a problem with their inventory system. Beware you will pay for their incompetence!"

2015-02-20

"I ordered from RockAuto a few times. I always got the parts although 90% of their parts are made in China.
This last time I ordered DNJ valve lifters for my Chevy Tracker. They are made in China. I put in 16 lifters and 5 were defective - had clearance between the camshaft and the lifters after following the valve lifter pump up procedure from Chevrolet. I drove the car 150 miles - no improvement and the engine was tapping. Camshaft was measured and it was fine. I called up Rockauto and told them of the 31% defect rate - they told me no refunds - I could only get the defective ones replaced. They told me to take apart the whole engine again (a 9 hour job) and send back the lifters for replacements. With the 5 replacements there should only be 1 or 2 bad ones - so take apart the engine again and send those in for replacement. So after 27 hours I should get the car fixed. I told them this is unacceptable 4 times - they answered 4 times and told me that is all they could do. They would not reimburse any of my labor also. They would not let me talk to anyone there."

This review was modified by nel_oak on February 20 2015 09:00:37 PM

2015-02-20

"Beware of Rockauto. I had a very bad experience with this company. I shipped my steering rack to them for rebuild per their advertisements in the nsx forums. I paid $300 and After a week or so I was told that they could not rebuild the rack since they need the tie rod. I insisted that I need the steering rack rebuilt since this has been tested by 2 specialize shops that it needs rebuild not the tie rods. So after all those wasted time and money I was notified yesterday that they are shipping back my steering rack and that they will give me a partial refund. I believe these guys are a joke. Don't waste your time and beware of Rockauto.

A recent check with BBB or Better Business Bureau reveals a staggering 240 complaints in a period of 3 years. Over 110 complaints last year alone. This must be a world record for most business complaints!!

www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/auto-parts-and-supplies-new/rockauto-llc-in-madison-wi-36000240/complaints#breakdown

This review was modified by Nsxguy on February 20 2015 07:07:33 PM

2015-02-18

"I would just like to share the experience I had with rockauto. I paid 18$ extra for expidited shipping. I received an email from rockauto confirming a Feb 18th delivery. I did not receive my part today Feb 18th. I called rockauto I spoke with customer service supervisor Adam. Adam advised me he would not refund the money and he assured me that he made the decision on behalf of rock auto and assured me there was no one else I could speak with. He refused to refund the shipping and hung up the phone . I wasn't even upset about not receiving my part I just asked for a refund on the expidited shipping. I would strongly reconsider buying anything from this company"

This review was modified by Jb213213 on February 18 2015 05:21:09 PM

2015-02-18

"2/2015
Ordered a fuel pump for a 2001 Chevy S10 4.6L PU. The information on their site was very vague. So I called to verify if it would work. The customer service rep told me it would fit this truck. He said if the computer says it fits then it will fit. After removing the fuel pump i could see that it's not even close. I had to use their new flex hose since i cut the old one off. So now they won't give me a refund for using their flex hose. So it's either the the truck owner can't drive her truck or I can't get a refund. Couldn't they work with me to not loose a customer. Guess not. Never buy from rock auto again. I'm setting up my own repair shop and was going to purchase $1000 in tools and supplies. Not now. "

2015-02-15

"ordered rear wheel hub assy. for a 2008 Suzuki sx4,came two days later.Unit fit and performed great. Very satisfied "

2015-02-14

"Poor customer service! Poorly listed part parameters! Unwilling to fix the situation in order to keep a customer.
Parts were poorly packaged causing damage"

2015-02-08

"I ordered 4 parts for my vehicle on 2/3/15.recieved 2 of the parts.customer service calls on 2/8/15 ,said they screwed up and never shipped the other 2 parts out. She then said warehouse would ship them out as soon as possible and i should get them in 5 days. I proceeded to ask if i would be getting faster shipping or a discount since they obviously screwed up and i needed the parts. All i got was attitude and rudeness and they said all i can do is cancel the order ,and they could care less. I said they were about to lose a customer,they said thats fine. Ive used this company before,but now that ive used there customer service ill never use them again!"

This review was modified by sirhcmi on February 08 2015 01:33:01 PM

2015-02-07

"I have to say, I am absolutely SHOCKED at some of the negative reviews on here for rockauto.com!!! Virtually all of my friends & family (and myself) have turned to rock auto for years!! I personally have ordered SEVERAL parts for multiple different vehicles from them, and I have NEVER had a single bad experience! The parts are ALWAYS a fraction of the cost of anywhere else. I will say that sometimes the shipping can be a little on the high side, but you WILL save hundreds on the bottom line! While the shipping may not always be the cheapest, it is very fast. I ordered a fuel pump this past Tuesday, and received it yesterday (Friday). Instead of paying OVER $300 at any of the local parts stores, I got the EXACT same pump (same brand, same warranty) for $67 plus $13 shipping! Over the years, I've definitely saved a couple grand, and I will continue to save for as long as they're site is open. I suspect some of the "haters" are people who simply did not know what they were doing & ordered the incorrect parts and just expected Rock Auto to eat any costs......"

This review was modified by brokenrob78 on February 07 2015 09:52:42 PM

2015-02-05

"I purchased BMW Beck and Arnley fuel injector. Good price and super fast shipping. I installed the item right away as it is my only car took about 2 hrs. After all installation was completed I noticed that the new injector was leaking. It was not from the seals but from the body itself. I contacted the service and it happened to be a defective unit so they shipped me a new one. Week later still without a vehicle I received the replacement part in. I was excited that I will be finally ready to drive out my car I installed the part and again it is leaking in the same specific location. I give up with this company I have decided to go with Bavauto whom I have dealt with and did not have as much problems as with Rock auto parts. "

2015-02-03

"Low quality Products – leaves my wife and kids stranded on the freeway.

I purchased radiator hoses from Rock Auto. The top hose ruptured within a few months. I was on the road on a business trip when I received a call saying the vehicle was overheating. My wife had to go to the closest mechanic in the area she was at and get the hose replaced. Just fortunate this was able to get done without ruining the engine.

Rock Auto “customer service” did not care about the situation, never asked about how things went with my wife and kids, never apologized for having a problem.

Wanted me to purchase a new part and then return the defective one – this after I informed them that I had to get the part replaced already at a mechanic’s.

They provide low quality parts, no customer service, do not listen to the customer at all and can only operate within the confines of company protocol to make $$.

I will never order from them again. Better to pay a little more for a part at the local auto store so there is something and someone who cares standing behind your hard earned money.

Buyer beware for sure – don’t purchase products at Rock Auto and roll the dice of leaving your wife and kids stranded on the freeway. My family’s health, safety and peace of mind is far more important than saving a few bucks with Rock Auto. "

This review was modified by Mrf72 on February 03 2015 10:40:31 PM

2015-02-03

"RIP OFFS AND JERKS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. ADAM G. IS PRACTICED AT BEING THE SMART ASS MULE. RETURN POLICY IS A POLICY THAT COSTS YOU THE CUSTOMER DOUBLE. NO HELP. WONT ANSWER LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS, PRACTICED JERKS
HEADLIGHTS HOLD MOISTURE A WEEK OLD. "

This review was modified by DSHAW9595 on February 03 2015 11:30:23 AM

2015-01-29

"Ordered rear brake rotors for my BMW. Selected Bendix "premium" rotors as Bendix is a long-time respected name in brakes. The order was received very quickly.
Upon opening the box the words "Made in China" struck me. There's no way I'm gonna put Chinese-made "stuff" on my BMW.
Rock Auto's web site made no mention these were made in China. They accepted my request to return the rotors, but will charge me the return shipping as well as original shipping: total cost of over $20.
Disappointed in their web site labeling and their charges for return shipping. They could have at least split the shipping but made no effort to please this long-time customer. (10 years a customer)"

This review was modified by jar631 on January 29 2015 09:15:12 AM

2015-01-29

"Absolutely the worst customer service ever, promised the part the next day, sent an email saying it would be here the next day, then it didnt show up. Paid $51 for it to be here. Refused to even think about giving me a refund, Matt was very belligerent, and insulted my intelligence, and was overall insulting. Will never again by a part from them."

This review was modified by glemaire on January 29 2015 08:30:22 AM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!