Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.07/10 3.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.66/10 0.66/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.89/10 0.89/10

2015-09-23

"Wish I had read these reviews first. Spent $1000+ in the month of September. One of my orders was for lug nuts. After entering the correct vehicle information several choices were presented to me. Unfortunately the lugs sent did not fit my vehicle. I had to order a set which was twice as expensive. Rock Auto refunded my account but charged me shipping both ways. I then called customer service to explain that the part did not fit. Customer service refused to credit me for the shipping. I asked for a modest discount on an order that had not yet shipped. I was told I should be getting 5% discount codes as a returning customer. Nope I wasn't. No offer to discount any of my current orders but was offered to "set me up for future orders". I'm now done with Rock Auto and am willing to pay more somewhere else that has better service. "

2015-09-22

"I placed an order and after checkout was completed these morons wrote me an email 2 days later stating that they apoligize but one of the parts was not in stock in the warehouse they thought it was. So if I want the part I would have to pay an additional $17.00 to have a $16.00 part shipped. How about taking some responsiblity, you screwed up by not keeping your website up to date. I will never use Rockauto again!!!!!! That cost should have been eaten by YOU, now you lost my entire order and any future orders, I hope the $17.00 was worth it. Not exactly a good business model."

This review was modified by NormanDEL on September 22 2015 04:00:56 PM

2015-09-21

""Lesson Learned". "Customer for years". "First return..." I can only echo the sentiment I wish I had (believed) headed. Until I ran into the same myself.

RockAuto-- Anyone with experience would understand you are a retailer, not a manufacturer. A defective part can happen. Not your fault. Not mine either. So why make it so difficult to keep a customer satisfied with a quick quality return? ... In my case I had to turn to another supplier to get the parts in time. Now RA is playing games not honoring their return policy. Really??? WT____ At least act like you're a real business..

This review was modified by ishamel on September 21 2015 07:44:45 PM

2015-09-20

"Been a RockAuto customer for years. Today was my first time to make a return. Lesson learned. I will never do business with RockAuto again. There are a lot of good suppliers out there, this place is not one of them. They're cheap but you eventually get what you pay for, never fails."

This review was modified by Silverad0056 on September 21 2015 05:11:47 AM

2015-09-16

"Warning to potential customers: Rockauto does not stand behind the parts they sell.
I recently purchased an ACDelco rebuilt steering gearbox from RockAuto, that after installation was found to have 35 degrees or better of input shaft movement before the pitman arm would move. Because there are two steering gearbox output shaft spline counts during the production of my vehicle, they claim I must have purchased the wrong part and refused to replace or refund the cost of the part. Anyone with some automotive experience will agree, that regardless of the application, if the gearbox has a 35 degree dead zone of the input shaft before the output shaft moves, it is defective. Any local parts warehouse would have replaced the part without question; with RockAuto you have to plead your case to someone who has little to no automotive repair experience and who likely only cares about their return statistics. When I escalated the issue, they supposedly talked with an engineer from the manufacturer, but would not let me talk to their contact. So the information they provide to the manufacturer is bias as it has been filtered and skewed in their favor. When I called the manufacture directly I received a different conclusion, I supplied RockAuto with that information including the case number for their referral but they would not budge from their stance.

This review was modified by srcarr52 on September 16 2015 01:20:16 PM

2015-09-08

"Do not buy from these people unless you are a mechanic! They will charge you to return parts! Ordered a wiper arm. First part did not have splines. Called customer service to arrange a return. explained problem. Rock Auto Rep said she would put note in system to verify splines before shipping. Second part, still no splines. Arranged return on-line and was told I would have to pay $6.31 for return shipping. Called customer service. Second rep says it is not supposed to have splines, it's soft metal and the splines are formed by compression. He knows this because he previously called the manufacturer. I already repaired with modified original part. Customer service rep says since part is not defective, shipping is on me not them. He is the customer service supervisor and it was my misfortune, by his admission, he answered my call and not one of his underlings. Don't bother to train your employees or put a note in your system or make your manufacturers include instructions - just charge the customer - that's easier for Rock Auto!"

This review was modified by Charlottesville on September 11 2015 06:49:55 AM

2015-09-05

"Rock auto may seem legit but when it comes to returns they gyp People off you have to pay shipping to receive witch is almost more then the part it's self then you have to pay shipping to return it so do not expect a pre-paid shipping label I paid $2-300$ in parts and the shipping came out to $335 now to return it is $335 I'm paying 670 in shipping cost for my items of $-2-300$ use CARID.com they have legit return and prepaid shipping cost. "

2015-09-03

"After I ordered my part for my truck I read reviews about rock auto. I was not impressed. However my part was as described and in good condition. The part was also the right part for my vehicle. The part was also about $75 chepar than anywhere else I could find in Green Bay, or on line. So far I would use them again."

This review was modified by Traviswallace on September 03 2015 10:05:12 PM

2015-09-02

"Worst company ever I ordered a clutch cylinder which had to come with two pieces and it only came with one. There sad excuse was that it was a defective item that they still shipped because the other part was not in stock. So not only did I not get the item I needed, I got a defective item and had to reorder it else where. At first I was going to place another order with a different brand but they would not accommodate my order in any way. Worst customer service ever. They clearly don't understand the meaning of customer service. Do not order from here they suck."

This review was modified by Rocio14 on September 02 2015 01:47:23 PM

2015-08-23

"I tried over and over again to get things resolved. Rock Auto continued to ship items to me that appeared to be returns to them. I was getting parts that had missing accessories, and damage on threaded pieces, missing grease boots and all seemed to be items that had been handled. I finally gave up after three round trip returns and tried another vendor who sent me the same item in perfect and new condition with all the pieces and a well packaged shipment."

2015-08-13

"I have been a rock auto customer for years. Most of the time they ship the right part. I have received some bad parts from RA and get a exchange (takes about a week to get new part) delays my repair but what can i do? I usually get non emergency parts from RA anytime need to get a part ASAP to get car running will go to retail store. So don't mind the wait too much. BUT what gets my goat is when i post a mixed review on their facebook site good and bad about their service they just immediately delete the post. I thought it odd there is ONLY good posts on their facebook's site now i know why. All negative comments are deleted. There is no such thing as a perfect company or service. But, how a company deals with bad experience is just as important as the good ones. Deleting them off the Facebook site doesn't make them go away or give the company an opportunity to improve itself but present a false image. Each time they make a mistake they did stand behind their products. Never an issue in getting a replacement, I didn't like their customer service not really helpful. But I have had 4 bad shipments and I am thankfull I have yet to be treated as bad as others who have posted their experiences. Each one I Got an exchange with the right part no hassles. But because of the way the treat their customers including their loyal customers only getting 1 star. "

This review was modified by luv2uallday12 on August 13 2015 12:42:05 PM

2015-08-11

"I bought a radiator from Rockauto. When I received it I saw it was too short and would not fit even though the description said it would fit my truck. I returned it but the customer service department would not refund my money saying it had been installed and their policy was to not refund if the part had been installed. I tried to explain it had not been installed (it would have been impossible to install it) but they were firm in not refunding. Thank goodness I had used Paypal. Paypal investigated, found in my favor and refunded my money. I am now on RockAuto's no order list which doesn't bother me a bit. DON'T ORDER FROM ROCKAUTO!!!! YEAH PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Bernie2 on August 11 2015 08:17:29 AM

wilcox1976's Avatar

East Coast
2015-07-15

"The true test of a parts supplier is what happens when things go wrong. How do they respond? I had a control arm I installed and then found the part was miss-manufactured. After reading the reviews here at RR.com I thought well this is hopeless. I contacted the part manufacturer and they told me I would have to deal with Rock Auto. Sadly I called them up and explained the situation. Their policy says they want the original box and won't take it back if it installed. I hung my head in shame since I had thrown away the box and installed the part. BUT in explaining all this to Rock Auto I found them to be very friendly. They took care of the return shipping by providing a prepaid label and I had a credit (including part of the original shipping-I had bought two items). I had a credit to my credit card a day after they received the part!
Blessings,
John 20:29

2015-07-14

"Will never order another part from this fucking crappy company again they suck charged me $30 for overnight shipping didn't get my package for 3 days they won't refund my money"

This review was modified by Jasonric on July 15 2015 05:50:07 AM

2015-07-12

"I ordered a radiator cap from Rockauto.com and received it promptly. There was a problem with the part so I contacted Rockauto and they promptly provided me with a replacement part at no cost for the part or shipping. I'm quite happy with the service I received from Rockauto."

This review was modified by tmatvey on July 12 2015 01:33:41 PM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!