• RockAuto.com
    • Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.20/10 5.20/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.15/10 2.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.37/10 1.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Scam artists. Ordered part they said they had but they did not. They will flat-out lie to you that they have inventory, take your money and then notify you they don't have it. Rock Auto needs to take a course called Business Ethics 101."

"BUYER BEWARE!!!! After we waited FOREVER for our sensor they sent us the wrong one. We are waiting for this to pass smog and have used all of our AAA moving papers. In order to get the ONE WE ORDERED we have to mail this piece of crap back with OUR money and wait for them to send us a refund rather than actually send us the right part that WE PAID FOR. After many attempts we were RUDELY told to wait for someone to call us back which has yet to happen lol. Please....go somewhere else. These people are a JOKE and I wish we would have read the reviews first because apparently they are mostly horrible. Never again. Ever."

This review was modified by jenniferplyler on May 13 2015 05:55:03 PM

"Rock auto has always been good until this last order, ordered a muffler for dodge Dakota that had a manufacture rebate , when i received muffler it was not in a box, i needed the upc off box for rebate, while waiting for response from customer service i installed the muffler due to vehicle being down, their response was to order another muffler and then take the one back off the truck and send it back, BS, i would not do this so i got taken for $50.00 that i would have got back if they were doing their job,"

This review was modified by tom960 on May 12 2015 05:20:32 AM

"A company is only as good as they handle problems. Good for you if you got what you wanted. If there is a problem, you are out of luck. For windshield wiper blades you can look at it as a win if you get great blades cheap and if not you have not lost much. You have to think of it like that when buying wiper blades from them.

Blades for two cars were good, but the third was not... I have a problem and that is where Rockauto FAILS!

I Chose windshield wipers from their recommended list for my car. What is sent is aftermarket re-branded items. The ones for my Dodge Viper did not make full contact with the windshield and basically did not fit. The guy on the line said they sold 200 in the last month without fit problems. However he could not tell me how many went to Viper owners... Probably none. Many people wouldn't bother complaining for $10 worth of wiper blades.

They will refund my money plus a portion of the shipping for the order. However, I wanted wipers that fit and did not want to have to reorder with another $9 shipping fee. Those are my options.

The customer service person lashed out at me for who knows what reason and I was being extra nice in hopes of getting some service. If I wanted an attitude I would have went to a local car dealer parts window. What I wanted was a part that fit properly and all they were willing to do is send the same exact part out to me again. So fine, send it and when it does not fit again, then I'll take my refund. This is what happens when you sell junk and you turn your business over to low level workers who can care less about the customer or the business.

No reason to put myself through all that for a few dollars savings on some wiper blades. I have learned my lesson and it is just easier to go to a local store and get exactly what I can see I will be getting.

"I LOVE Rock Auto. They make is super easy for you to find the part. They give you many options for the same part. Shipping is fast and their prices are unbeatable. I am definitely doing business with these people again. "

"I have been purchasing parts from Rock Auto for 5 years or so. My latest purchase was not very good. On 4/14/2015 I purchased two ignition switches from Rock Auto using there part number cross over system which usually has worked out well for me,but when I got the ignition switches they wouldn't bolt up to the column like the factory switch and the connectors on the switch were not in the same location for my factory wiring. So I went through the process of doing a return but I found out that ..they would take the parts back but I was going to have to pay for the return shipping and they were going to remove the original shipping from my credit card!... There system made the cross over so it should be there responsibility to take back the incorrect parts and I shouldn't have to pay anything because this was no fault of my own.
What have I learned; DO NOT BY FROM ROCK AUTO!
BEWARE! DO NOT BUY FROM ROCK AUTO!

This review was modified by Garyscar71charger on April 20 2015 06:56:15 PM

"Horribly inaccurate parts finder and terrible customer service. It took over a week to get the parts and in multiple shipments which increased the shipping cost. They want you to return the part at your cost to get a refund and their refund does not include the cost of shipping. Terrible company."

"beware, I ordered Unity struts, they were defective and tried to order Monroe and get my money back for the Unity, RA would not give me credit. Bought mirror for my truck and no bolts were included. Very poor service, will not use them again! "

"On 04/05/2015 I ordered 2 front and 2 rear Monroe quick struts for my 04 Ford Explorer. On one of the rear quick struts that came, the top strut nuts were missing on one of the rear struts and it looked like the item was returned at one time because the box looked to ripped open. The front struts were the correctly labeled struts but they would not fit at all. I compared them to the original struts and they were different. So, either Monroe made them wrong, or Rock Auto sent the wrong struts in a correctly labeled box.

I have also ordered complete brake parts (rotors, brake pads, and hardware) for my Explorer and they sent everything correctly except one of the rotors was for a different vehicle. I had to go to a local auto parts store and get another rotor because my car needed to be inspected and would probably not have passed with the rotors that were on the car.

I have ordered other items in the past, but recent orders have been messed up.

I have mixed feeling about buying from Rock Auto again. They might have good prices but quality control on inventory is lacking consistency.

This review was modified by scottbelkin on April 10 2015 04:45:07 PM

eni

"Beware buyers !!! Terrible customer service.
Bought 4 engine & tranny mounts for a kia spectra 2005.
2 of the mounts didn't fit although they were listed as spectra 2005 parts. I initiated the return and I specified the reason as "parts didn't fit" . Their website says they'll refund shipping if the reason for the return is their fault.
I got refunded the parts cost only not the shipping. I called CS and explained the situation to the lady over the phone. She told me there is nothing they could do because I had selected the wrong reason on the website (!?) (there is a drop down menu listing the reasons for the return) and that the right reason would've been "wrong parts" and that it was my fault. Well the parts were not wrong ! they were listed for the kia spectra 05 so "parts didn't fit" was a more accurate description.
I wasn't being unreasonable, it wasn't my fault that the parts dint fit so just asked them to honer their published return policy about the shipping cost. . If a company doesn't honor their own published policies then stay away!
If you don't have to deal with their customer service you'll be fine , otherwise good luck and don't expect get refunded for shipping even if it is not your fault.

This is the last time I buy anything from this company and I wont recommend anyone to buy anything from them.

Also the reviews in custumerlobby.com only show most the positive ones, they didn't even publish mine.
Glad to see that resellerratings publishes everything and it is trustworthy for people doing research about this company.

abuck2's Avatar

USA USA USA

"The ignition cylinder on my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder broke, so at the advice of my dad (a regular customer of RA), I ordered the piece from Rock Auto. It came quickly, was exceptional quality, and along with the main piece there were many additions that were not expected (e.g. screws, retainer clip). Would absolutely order from them again! :) "

This review was modified by abuck2 on April 01 2015 05:59:17 PM

"We purchased a power steering pump from Rock Auto. We returned the core just like that asked. Now they won't give us our core return back. They stated the wire was cut however they have not been able to give us a clear picture of the wire cut. They also charged us to ship the core back to them. Never using this company again. Horrible."

"ordered on fri 3/27 and it showed items to be del on about 3/31 which was fine, but the confirmation also showed a fedx traking # which until today 3/30 returned "not found". Still no biggie then late in afternoon finally showed up on fedx tracking and guess what it shows coming from the town I live in, so what the heck a shipping charge I could of just w/c'd items $22. to ship a few blocks. I could of been really mad if ordered ndair that was well over a $100. I will give them great on item pricing though o'rileys was asking 170 for each item I got for 112. Maybe they could look into option of wc pickup for items if buying from same town as shipped from "

This review was modified by toushay on March 30 2015 07:43:25 PM

"been restoring my 76 ford courier. bought two tie rod ends. same brand and part number. get the package with parts from two different manufacturers (japan & mexico) obviously different... would not help and told me they dont have time to look before packaging it. secondly.. bought a wheel cylender that was leaking as i was bleeding the brakes. old crusty ass rusty parts. would not allow me to return since it was past the 30 day warrenty... wtf!?!"

This review was modified by urlaub on April 19 2015 08:06:40 AM

"At first i like rockauto and i would recommend it to friends until i started receiving phone calls from ups stating that rockauto didnt pay for the shipping. Ill never order from rock auto again."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!