Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.47/10 2.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.35/10 3.35/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.80/10 1.80/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.04/10 2.04/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-21

Not taking care of your customers has a price

"I hope you are reading this over at RockAuto I was about ready to place an order when this site caught my eye all of these people cannot be wrong I tried to reach you personally because I have questions I would like to have answered before I order anything from you I would have been a new customer that is not going to be the case good luck straightening out your bad image"

Doing returns ****

"Purchase a front end steering for a 98 Nissan 200SX $100 core charge turned out to be only $80 after returning a couple of dollars more I could have purchased it at my local auto parts got a rotor for 07 F-150 after a few months teeth broke on the back trying to return it going to get nobody to help me can't even get a number to a live person finally got someone to call me trying to return it now with one of the return labels and now it's saying it can't be returned I will be deleting RockAuto from my computer no sense in having this when I can take it return things to my local auto parts if there is a warranty problem weather for exchange or for other"

2017-07-21

You must have access to Internet via computer.

"Wanted to return part that was packaged with parts list of engine compatibility. Not even close. Wrong part, I don't have access to Web with computer, and no printer port on my Samsung phone. Must have access to return parts to the. I guess I'm screwed, but never again. I will contact BBB in WI to help their rating instead."

2017-07-19

Great for parts, awful for returns or customer service

"I have been a rockauto.com customer for years without problems, but I never had to return anything either. I had one of those $50.00 per year custom email addresses and I gave it up. I forgot about my rockauto.com account and it is still registered under that old email address. I lost the password and in order to get the password, it will be sent to my old inaccessible email address. A real Catch 22.

This company is so flaky that there is no way to contact them other than through the webside, and one must be logged in to their account.

Found one phone number for them, but the automated switchboard requires an extension number and there is no general help.

I won't buy from them again... ever!

missing parts

"Poor customer service. It's been 6 week since receiving my order missing parts.
Inside box had been opened. I think it was a return they shipped me missing parts as box was greasy and had notes made on it.

Great product

"Multiple orders was placed with them, returned few times and claimed warranty replacement, never disappointed
The website lacks detailed item description , county of origin and for that reason I would say it's more like for people than know what they want, not immature shopper

2017-07-18

They are a bunch of **** clowns.

"The order contained the wrong parts but they will not ship out the correct ones. Very rude and combative."

2017-07-18

unable to contact to make a legit return of a part that was NOT correct

"purchased a windshield and gasket for it; windshield was correct gasket was for different car.
I am unable to contact them in ANY way, by phone or internet.

2017-07-16

Customer Service is a JOKE

"I ordered brake parts to do a front brake job on my car. I ordered the correct parts, the correct parts were on the packing slip. Received the parts, tore the front brakes apart and found that they had pulled and shipped the rotors for the rear. Since I need the car to go to work on Monday I was forced to buy the CORRECT parts at the local parts house. Had I wanted to use those parts I would have bought them there in the first place. Customer services response was "Oh sorry." So not only did I have to use parts that I didn't want to use I was on the hook for parts that weren't right to start with. That I was told well you can send them back. Like that wasn't an inconvenience for their screw up. Well they don't have to worry I won't be back."

2017-07-15

Rockauto is the best !

"I have used them for for more than 15 years and have purchased hundreds of parts from them. Only had two problems in those 15 years, one a part was damaged from shipping so they sent me another one and let me keep the damaged part, it was sent right away. The other was a Dorman fuel sending unit that had a defect, I sent Dorman many emails they never replied. Rockauto had no problem with me returning it and were paying return shipping. I phoned them with questions and they were very helpful. I have no idea where some of this negative feed back is coming from as all my friends use Rockauto and love them."

2017-07-14

Don't Use

"I placed an order and entered my zip code. It auto filled the City and State (Douglas Az.) The order was not received so i tracked it. Turns out it was shipped to Algeria. My information was changed and the place for state was blank, yet it was shipped.. I attempted to call Rock Auto but regardless of what you choose, it sends you to the web site. Why have a phone #? talk about a company laughing in your face. I tried to e-mail them to my "suprise" that what also a dead end since you need a special app to do this. This company is a joke and a ripoff to the consumer."

2017-07-13

Horrible

"They shiped the correct part but upon receiving the package i inspected the box and it appered to have been damaged so i opened the box to inspect my part and it was damaged. "

2017-07-13

Website doesn't give the information you need

"I ordered brakes form my 2013 Explorer. I carefully read the whole RockAuto.com web pages for the brakes. There were standard and heavy duty options. It appeared that I could install either. Since we are pulling a camper sometimes I picked heavy duty. Later when the brakes were delivered I watched a couple youtube sites on installing them to get torque settings etc. Turns out that there was 2 different models for 2013 and you actually had to call your Ford dealer and give them your VIN to figure out which ones you need.

I have seen note such as this on other rockauto parts, such as a power window motor I looked at recently, it told me exactly what to look for on the motor to know which one I need.

When I contacted RockAuto customer service they blew me off, told me it was my fault and sent an image of the page showing a different rotor diameter for heavy duty.

Now I am stuck with $70 in shipping charges (too and from) that I have to pay for because RockAuto didn't do their job by putting what I needed to know on their website. They are the professionals at car parts not me!

I also complained to them that a "professional" website would have a "click to chat" where you could ask a question like this.

I AM DONE WITH ROCKAUTO. It's not worth saving the few dollars in parts!!!

2017-07-12

Part arrived as promised

" I ordered a headlight assembly for my 2007 Lincoln Sunday. The part arrived today in perfect condition. It looks to be an exact fit. I am happy with my order experience with RockAuto. I plan to use them again. "

2017-07-11

Core return scam

"Incredible!! I receive a package with a caliper inside. I place box in recycle because it certainly will not hold the core, ship the core back in a box that I provided and Rockauto insists that I had to return core in the original damaged box it arrived in. So because of this I have to eat a $90 core charge for the sake of a damaged box that they had no chance of reusing. Their reasoning, they needed the original box for authenticity. WTF. I can return a core to Advanced Auto in a filet o fish wrapper and they are fine with that. I have been a customer for many years with Rockauto and this kind of treatment is an embarrassment. Their customer service is absolutely horrendous. They have received my last order and rest assured by use of social media, I will make this instance of glorified extortion public. "

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!