• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.65/10 5.65/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.02/10 4.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.11/10 2.11/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"Rockauto is just one more online retailer that does not care about their customers issues.
This customer in particular will go elsewhere for parts next time.
Rockauto, if you read these reviews, you may want to make some changes with your current policies, otherwise you will be in the same boat as Radioshack...
If I could give a negative rating, I would have.

modified review This review was modified by ibrauni on June 22 2014 02:38:02 AM

"I got 2 front wiper blades for a used 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country I just bought - about $15 (includes shipping) & was satified, but the other wiper blade for the rear window came repackaged & box taped - didn't fit with the plastic piece & couldn't make it fit (about $8 includes shipping) - can't see returning it for that price - will go to local stores to get right fit - the blade was correct, but plastic locking piece in separate small bag would work even after trying to file & cut - Roberk part #1012 for $1.22 - DO NOT PURCHASE for 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country"

"I used to think rockauto was great because my first order with them went off well and their prices are very competitive. Unfortunately my second order they sent me the wrong brake pads and rotors (I didnt realize it until I had the whole thing taken apart and the pads didnt fit.) Took an hour on the phone before they blamed the manufacturer and told me to return em.

I thought it was a fluke, so I ordered from them again. This time I ordered a very expensive headlight assembly and a splash guard. They didnt send the splash guard at all, and they sent me the economy version of the headlight. Supposedly theyre going to ship the splashguard now (after 3 days of complaining), but they completely ignored the headlamp issue- they just responded that I didnt order the economy one. I KNOW I didnt- thats why I asked for a refund of the price difference (I would have just returned it, but I dont have time to wait for that). I reopened my return on that and now will probably have to wait at least another 3 days while they keep their interest free loan on my money. Its ridiculous. If I could give them less than 1 star I would. The price isnt good if you dont get what you pay for.

modified review This review was modified by Flammino on June 17 2014 09:51:40 AM

"I can only reiterate what seems to be a common complaint. I ordered a reasonably priced cabin filter based on the make and model of my car, but when it arrived it did not fit. It was listed as the correct part. It had the number I selected, but it was obviously the wrong part. I had no way of knowing what was correct other than what they listed. This is their screw up. They will take it back, but will not cover the shipping costs. ROCKAUTO may have low prices, but beware, if you end up with the wrong part you are not going to get your money back. And on top of that, they shipped it in the stocking box, which was damaged during shipping. They told me if the stocking box is damaged, they might not accept the return. Do not take your chances with these guys. You are better off paying a little more at a local parts store, at least you can return the wrong part. I know I will never buy from ROCKAUTO again."

modified review This review was modified by plaintext on May 19 2014 02:15:35 PM

"I have used RockAuto as a source for parts twice now. First time went okay, part arrived in reasonable time, was as expected. Second time was not so good. I couldn't find the parts needed in their online catalog, so I called while on line. Spoke at length with a salesperson, gave VIN for the vehicle, even read service codes out of the glove box to him. While still on the phone with him, I added the parts he said would fit to the basket and checked out. Guess what, 2 out of 3 parts were wrong. When I tried to get refunded, a long argument ensued via email back and forth. I provided pics of old parts and pics of new parts. Final upshot was they agreed one part was wrong and refunded, the other part they insist is what I ordered, and I can only return it if I pay the shipping. It's an inexpensive part, costs less than the cost to return, so I will just eat it. Problem is, it is their fault, and they won't take responsibility. What if next time it's an expensive error? There are plenty of other online retailers for Auto parts. I think I'll try a different one next time. Think twice before you use these guys.

modified review This review was modified by normmaz on May 15 2014 02:58:32 PM

"Don't bother. Very unprofessional. I ordered the correct part from their website. Part number and description were correct in the cart. The part they shipped was not what I ordered. I called "customer service" and was basically called a liar. "

"Horrible is the only word that fits. i ordered an a/c line. photo & part# were correct but part shipped was different than shown. they shipped to different address than listed in my account profile and that ended up costing me almost $50 that i lost because i had to order twice to get the wrong part. pitiful. oh yeah, that all the parts your car will ever need is crap, ive got at least 30 they dont even show"

modified review This review was modified by pepe2112 on May 10 2014 08:32:23 PM

"Order a Stant 10241 radiator cap,got some chinese piece of junk that did not fit right.Customer service ranks among the worst.Automated program for returns basically tells you where to go.I will not be wasting my time or money with these clowns again."

"Stay away from them!!
RockAuto.com sold me a fan assembly for my wife's 2007 X3. Paid close to $400 + FedEx to Aruba + duties ($130). My mechanic here told me it was not new, had been installed before. He installed it though and yep, malfunctioned. Next day, he took it out again ($100 for the mechanic). RockAuto okay'd to return it ($110 Fedex back). They did not know why it was malfunctioning so then just threw it away. I spent $740 in total on a used malfunctioning fan assembly and ended up with a $400 store credit for the part only. My loss $340.
Then when I wanted to use the store credit for a part for my Jeep, it had expired (had not needed any car parts for a year) and RockAuto refuses to reactivate my store credit. So now total loss $740!!!
I will never by from RockAuto.com again.

modified review This review was modified by ArubaSun on August 13 2013 12:31:09 PM

"I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts for various old cars off RockAuto in the past six years. I have had my first warranty issue today. A Delphi air conditioning compressor which was ordered on 7/23/2012 and installed on 8/4/2012 failed on 8/7/2013. I talked to two representatives, one of whom claimed to be a supervisor. They would not budge on the warranty and refused to escalate my calls. In contrast, I returned a failed A/C compressor for a different vehicle 6 months out of warranty to Amazon after pleading, hardly any questions were asked. I recommend that you do NOT buy an air conditioning compressor from RockAuto because of the spotty quality of so many brands in recent years. For that matter, do not buy anything from RockAuto that you suspect might fail soon after the warranty period, because they will have no mercy even for regular, repeat customers who have no prior warranty issues."

modified review This review was modified by runderwo on August 08 2013 12:09:57 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM ROCKAUTO!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! WHEN I ORDERED MY PARTS I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BE HERE WITHIN 6 DAYS 8 DAYS LATER I CALL TO FIGURE OUT WHATS GOING ON AND THEY TELL ME MY PACKAGE WAS SENT FROM NJ TO WISCONSIN THEN FROM WISCONSIN TO KENTUCKY THEN FROM KENTUCKY ITS GOING BACK TO NJ THEN IT WILL BE SHIPPED TO ME, IN SOUTH CAROLINA. THEN ON TOP OF THAT I ORDER A RIGHT UPPER GRILLE AND A RIGHT FENDER I RECIEVE A LOWER LEFT GRILLE AND A LEFT FENDER, I CALL AND HE TELLS ME I ORDERED LEFT I THINK I KNOW MY LEFT FROM RIGHTS AND I DID NOT ORDER LEFT PARTS. HE TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP IT THERE AND BACK. BS THEN HE HUNG UP ON ME!! DONT ORDER THERE A RIP OFF AND ASSHOLES"

modified review This review was modified by MADCUStomer1 on August 07 2013 11:22:53 AM

"I buy from RockAuto the last 3 years and have no troubles at all. Often I use their catalog as a guide to check the availability and price of aftermarket parts. But of course you should check all part numbers by the OEM catalogs and take into account what Timken, Federal-Mogul (Moog, Wagner), Bendix and another major brands now forward the Chinese s**t. Then be ready they do not collect you order but ship it by parts from the OEM stocks (bolt from Location A and nut from Location B)"

modified review This review was modified by VitalyShkvorov on July 26 2013 08:04:25 AM

"Fantastic service, they ship quick and parts are always right. I've ordered multiple times and always get 20% off coupons in my email. Good, fair pricing."

"Bought a part for my truck. Rock Auto shipped the wrong part. However, because I discovered their error after 30 days, they would not take the part back. Part was in perfect condition in original packaging. Stupid policy that they will not accept a return when it is their error. Will never do business with them again."

"I bought a Spectra Premium gas tank with fuel pump and sending unit as a kit from RockAuto. I received the kit, installed it and I found i had a leaky tank. Too bad for me that it was over 30 days before I got the tank installed and had occasion to fill it enough that the leak became apparent. After dealing with RockAuto and Spectra Premium, sending both of them pictures of the leaking tank, in and out of the vehicle, spending 2 1/2 hours installing it, then removing it, and losing about $25 worth of gas to the leak. I am now supposed to send via common carrier at my expense back to RockAuto, but they will only take it after I spend the time to thoroughly flush the tank with water and detergent, again my expense with no compensation for time or materials. After doing that FedEx or UPS SHOULD take it. I may be asked to pay hazardous charges. Then I get to wait for another tank, which may or may not be defective.
I did contact Spectra Premium for help, just to let you know that I wasted that time. Spectra Premium really didn't care about their defective product. At first it was ,"how do we even know it's one of our tanks?", now we are back to "you really need to deal with RockAuto on this as there is nothing we will do with you directly". RockAuto does offer a 1 year warranty, but what good is this warranty? It isn't worth the paper it is written on.
Final line, I'll repair the tank myself and pass along to anybody who cares to hear, beware RockAuto. I will never deal with them again. I cannot afford their cheaper prices.

modified review This review was modified by NorthernSurveyor on July 12 2013 12:03:35 PM

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!