Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.82/10 2.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.71/10 3.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.93/10 1.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.45/10 2.45/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-06-13

When it goes good it's very good, when it goes bad it goes very bad. It is not worth dealing with them again..

"I will say this that Rockauto does a great job most of the time; however, my last order was messed up and Rockauto wanted me to pay for shipping item back (the part cost less than shipping would have been) . Customer service was a total **** so I let PayPal take care of it. I won the case but when I tried to use them again I got blocked at check out. The say I still owe them for the part they sent that was wrong.

These folks need some help if they want to grow. I will not deal with them again.

2017-06-12

I thought I was new customer

"I bought parts for my tempo but the order was canceled without refund.

Rockautos excuse wast that I filed 5 charge backs against them. This is the first and probably only time I'll order from them.

2017-06-12

Sent wrong parts not they refuse to sell me anything

"I bought a par of lift supports for the hatch on my exp and they were the wrong part. I Opened a return and have yet to hear from them. A week later I open a PayPal dispute but they have yet to replied. The case has been open for about a week.

I ordered new brake parts for the car and they caned the order without refunding me . Telling me I owe them money for the parts I bought.
This is just joke, I payed for the lift supports, I still have them and the paypal case is still open. They still have my money and they claim I never payed? If I never payed why did they ship the struts?

I opined a new PayPal and Rock auto account with a different IP and they would see, to have black listed my address. Now they will not sell me anything.

All I did was open a PayPal dispute for receiving defective goods, I have yet to escalate the case, I tried to open a retune on there site but they never did anything with it.
Now I'm out 40$ for the struts and 70$ for the original brake parts order and the second order.
I'm out 180$ in all and never got what I payed for.

RIPOFF

2017-06-10

Not as described!

"Throttle body. Part listed as ACDELCO OE part...NOT! Very misleading in description. They scraped off (dug out of rubber) the part name (where the picture shows "General Motors Corp," so who knows where it's really made. Bushing was machined into wrong hole for mounting. Customer service guy was nice, but that doesn't fix my car!"

2017-06-09

Why isn't there a negative star option.

"God awful customer service. I ordered a piece on Wednesday the 7th early morning and chose the express 2 day shipping and it said it will arrive Friday. So I said "cool".. I'm not getting the piece till Monday the 12 end of day. My mechanic only works weekends he's a family friend so it's going to be for very cheap. Now I have to wait till next week. Bumming rides yet another week with a 1 year old isn't fun. Rockauto responded to my email, in which I asked for my shipping refund since it won't be 2 days express shipping, and they said no and acted like they didn't care. Screw them don't buy from them. This would have never happened if they just delivered my order to FedEx on time.

2017-06-09

forget about warrant or customer service

"I need to buy my replacement part under warranty in an other store, there is no service but a lot of fees at the end..."

2017-06-07

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

"Ordered quarter panels and they were wrong. Want me to pay shipping back to them. Shipping cost was more then the quarter panels cost. Now I am stuck with them. I WILL NEVER ORDER FORM THIS ****HOLE AGAIN!!!!!"

2017-06-04

DO NOT USE THEM

"After ordering $60 in parts, I had to return them. After speaking with "customer service", they refused to help me with shipping. Not once did they mention that I could get a discount with shipping. Matter of fact, my last email went unanswered. So, I paid $47 to ship $60 parts back to them. After leaving them a bad review, they called wanting the review to be taken down, but not once did they try to resolve my frustration. They actually told us then that we could have gotten discounted shipping. This place is absolutely absurd."

2017-06-04

Good Stops At Price!

"I ordered a Wheel Bearing for a 2005 Equinox with 4 wheel ABS. I paid $20 extra for 3 day shipping. When I opened the box, the part number was right but the bearing was obviously not the right one! It didn't even have the electrical connection for ABS! I then checked the part number stamped on the part and it was different! I went on site to ask for a refund. I was told that they wouldn't supply a shipping label and would only refund $6.41 for shipping it back!
Now the interesting part is that everything wrong with this order was their fault! Wrong part in wrong box! They acknowledge the issue but I'm left paying the $20 shipping fee and possibly part of the Return Fee! That is just so wrong on many fronts!
I've bought parts from Rock Auto before and was quite pleased with price and delivery. Now I will have to reassess where I purchase my parts! Great prices but very poor customer relations!

2017-06-03

Poor product knowledge.

"I asked some simple questions and got a reply that was as vague as a vague thing. I have emailed them again and hope they can improve. I would have given 1 star but to be fair although the email content was poor the response time was excellent."

2017-05-27

Amazing prices, extremely fast shipping

"I have purchased more parts from rock auto than anywhere given the fact the parts are the same yet most times HALF THE PRICE!!! and I always have my parts within 3 days. If they have it, I'm buying from them!!!!"

2017-05-26

Liberal bullies

"If you back out of the shrank hannity show over liberal cry baby's I will never open app or use again. Now I have used rock auto and had no problems with there products "

2017-05-26

wrong part catalog, defective products

"the worst experience ever! ... first they sent me the wrong product... then.. the replacement didnt fit (problem on their catalog) and now.. i bought a power steering pump... defective. im from peru so it was not only a waste of money (service cost, shipping, customs, taxes) but also time. now in order to hace a refund (only product price.. loosing shipping money) i have to return it (pay more money) so... i will never buy on this store. . i really prefere ebay for international commerce. "

2017-05-21

Mismatched front upper A-arms

"Ordered two upper front A-arms on March 8, 2017 for an 88 Toyota Supra under restoration. One is completely the wrong size, obvious through the plastic bag it came in. As the car is a restoration project, the suspension was not begun until now (May 21, 2017). Contacted RockAuto immediately and their site said no refund and no replacement because I had had the parts for over 30 days. No way to contact them other than their web site. Part is obviously wrong and I have not opened the plastic bag it came in. This is the first and absolutely the LAST time I will ever order anything from this place! I am commenting here because they have no way to leave comments on their site--I wonder why?"

2017-05-21

No customer service

"Ordered replacement mirrors for my Jeep Cherokee. They were junk. Installed one and found the manual remote couldn't work because the cables were too long and bound up the mirror. No help from customer service with a return for store credit or even a response. "

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!