• RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.47/10 5.47/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.57/10 2.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.92/10 0.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

"I'm from Canada. I ordered 12 items on April 22th via consolidated shipping, only received one. They refunded the 11 other items, and charged me Fedex Express Shipping on the received item despite me requesting and paying for the cheapest consolidated option. This jacks the price of my single item to considerably more than what I would pay locally. When requesting the difference (Fedex express minus cheaper consolidated shipping), they are no longer replying to my emails. This was my last purchase at RockAuto."

This review was modified by Xcessiv on June 02 2015 12:02:14 PM

"as I have found out reading the reviews here and right on rock autos site, as long as your order goes through smoothly, we love them! but as soon as you have to deal with the customer service things go bad in a hurry, I ordered a heater core for my 1973 classic corvette, and anyone who works on a classic knows LIFE happens before your hobby and you don't get to things as you had hoped, I had surgery, when I got to installing this heater core it was more than a inch thinner and would not fit the heater case properly, instead of the 1- year warranty the part has, I got zip! part number 94554 spectra. I called and e-mailed both to explain, also the part is clean, still in the original box as clean as the day I received it! got nothing"

"I ordered 2 parts from Rock Auto on 5/21/15 paid for 2DAY EXPRESS delivery. On 5/22/15 I called at 8am to see if they could cancel the order due to the fact I had found out the part was a recall item an the dealer had to fix for free. I was told the order already went out. Delivery was to be 5/26/15 cause Mon was a holiday. Checked my order status NOT being delivered til 5/27/15. Called to get 2day shipping refunded Josh argued with me that 5/22 didn't count as 1 shipping day REALLY if I had known that I would have had it come regular mail 3-5 business days being as that what it was going to take anyway. BAD BAD business will not order parts from them EVER again. For $14 got a pissed off customer hope it was worth it. Tina "

"Would not let me cancel my order. They told me I had to wait and receive it then I could pay to send back. I received the package after putting a stop payment thru my bank. they still sent me the package, I tried to be honest and send it back since I never paid for it. They said no I had to pay to send it back and only after I lift my dispute and they charge me so I can request a refund. "

This review was modified by dirtwheels316 on May 21 2015 06:15:10 PM

"Shipping can be strange and cumbersome. Instead of one shipping rate / fee if different parts ship from different warehouses shipping costs can pile up and work to negate savings. This makes you try to cherry pick parts shipping from the same warehouse so you don't have to pay shipping a few times on a single order. That's a game I don't really want to have to play.

Returning parts is the same deal. You have to pay shipping to to different warehouses get your refund. $$$shipping$$$

Maybe I'm used to Amazon and how slick their purchasing / low shipping costs / free return shipping is, but it seems to me that RockAuto could do better. And their customer support sucks; terse, unfriendly, unhelpful.

That gets them a low grade in my book

This review was modified by unsatisfiedwithRockAuto on May 21 2015 08:20:22 AM

"These people/kids are some of the most UNHELPFUL individuals I have ever had to deal with.

I needed extra help in cancelling an order and the teenager on the other end of the phone couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. Indeed one lazy son of a bitch.

Rock Auto says they do not take your money until the product ships: this is of course pure BS as I checked and it was gone is SECONDS; after I called them on this they blamed it on my bank for lack of telling the truth.

I will never do business with these Jackasses again; they hire kids and you get what you pay for. Stay far away from these money-grubbers.

This review was modified by boogersareme on May 20 2015 06:51:28 AM

"Update on my order from Rockauto. Rockauto sold me 16 DNJ valve lifters made in China. 5 of the 16 were defective; they never worked. The clearance was 5 to 10 thousands of an inch and the car made more noise than it did when I took it apart. Rockauto refused to give me my money back. So I went the bank. The credit card company tells me that I can't get a refund since I did not send the parts back - these are the parts that Rockauto refused to take back. What about my labor? I broke my back for 12 hours disassembling this car and putting it back together - Rockauto does not care - they refuse to give me my money back. In addition, the Chinese water pump Rock auto sold me in March 2012 has already gone bad (5000 miles on it) - I replaced it with a Japanese water pump that works perfectly. I replaced the Rockauto DNJ lifters with Mallory Japanese lifters - work perfectly."

"* * * BEWARE from ROCKAUTO SCAMMERS and CROOKS * * *

Purchase front and Back tie Rods for my Mercedes Benz C320
What arrived was used and dirty parts in none original broken and grease cover boxes. Called them and sent picture, they said the parts are good. Called my Credit Card bank of America and they issue me full refund, and charge Rockauto for that sale.
Rockauto then refuse to pay for shipping back their parts and that was the really blizzard, as the value was over $100.00 and claim in several attempt to have them pick it up - they do not want the parts.

This review was modified by jfk_1959 on May 14 2015 07:38:17 AM

"Scam artists. Ordered part they said they had but they did not. They will flat-out lie to you that they have inventory, take your money and then notify you they don't have it. Rock Auto needs to take a course called Business Ethics 101."

"BUYER BEWARE!!!! After we waited FOREVER for our sensor they sent us the wrong one. We are waiting for this to pass smog and have used all of our AAA moving papers. In order to get the ONE WE ORDERED we have to mail this piece of crap back with OUR money and wait for them to send us a refund rather than actually send us the right part that WE PAID FOR. After many attempts we were RUDELY told to wait for someone to call us back which has yet to happen lol. Please....go somewhere else. These people are a JOKE and I wish we would have read the reviews first because apparently they are mostly horrible. Never again. Ever."

This review was modified by jenniferplyler on May 13 2015 05:55:03 PM

"Rock auto has always been good until this last order, ordered a muffler for dodge Dakota that had a manufacture rebate , when i received muffler it was not in a box, i needed the upc off box for rebate, while waiting for response from customer service i installed the muffler due to vehicle being down, their response was to order another muffler and then take the one back off the truck and send it back, BS, i would not do this so i got taken for $50.00 that i would have got back if they were doing their job,"

This review was modified by tom960 on May 12 2015 05:20:32 AM

"A company is only as good as they handle problems. Good for you if you got what you wanted. If there is a problem, you are out of luck. For windshield wiper blades you can look at it as a win if you get great blades cheap and if not you have not lost much. You have to think of it like that when buying wiper blades from them.

Blades for two cars were good, but the third was not... I have a problem and that is where Rockauto FAILS!

I Chose windshield wipers from their recommended list for my car. What is sent is aftermarket re-branded items. The ones for my Dodge Viper did not make full contact with the windshield and basically did not fit. The guy on the line said they sold 200 in the last month without fit problems. However he could not tell me how many went to Viper owners... Probably none. Many people wouldn't bother complaining for $10 worth of wiper blades.

They will refund my money plus a portion of the shipping for the order. However, I wanted wipers that fit and did not want to have to reorder with another $9 shipping fee. Those are my options.

The customer service person lashed out at me for who knows what reason and I was being extra nice in hopes of getting some service. If I wanted an attitude I would have went to a local car dealer parts window. What I wanted was a part that fit properly and all they were willing to do is send the same exact part out to me again. So fine, send it and when it does not fit again, then I'll take my refund. This is what happens when you sell junk and you turn your business over to low level workers who can care less about the customer or the business.

No reason to put myself through all that for a few dollars savings on some wiper blades. I have learned my lesson and it is just easier to go to a local store and get exactly what I can see I will be getting.

"I LOVE Rock Auto. They make is super easy for you to find the part. They give you many options for the same part. Shipping is fast and their prices are unbeatable. I am definitely doing business with these people again. "

"I have been purchasing parts from Rock Auto for 5 years or so. My latest purchase was not very good. On 4/14/2015 I purchased two ignition switches from Rock Auto using there part number cross over system which usually has worked out well for me,but when I got the ignition switches they wouldn't bolt up to the column like the factory switch and the connectors on the switch were not in the same location for my factory wiring. So I went through the process of doing a return but I found out that ..they would take the parts back but I was going to have to pay for the return shipping and they were going to remove the original shipping from my credit card!... There system made the cross over so it should be there responsibility to take back the incorrect parts and I shouldn't have to pay anything because this was no fault of my own.
What have I learned; DO NOT BY FROM ROCK AUTO!
BEWARE! DO NOT BUY FROM ROCK AUTO!

This review was modified by Garyscar71charger on April 20 2015 06:56:15 PM

"Horribly inaccurate parts finder and terrible customer service. It took over a week to get the parts and in multiple shipments which increased the shipping cost. They want you to return the part at your cost to get a refund and their refund does not include the cost of shipping. Terrible company."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!