• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.87/10 5.87/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.47/10 3.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.32/10 4.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.43/10 2.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10

"Ordered a cap for coolant for wife's BMW. They sent the wrong part. To make a return, I had to send 8+ emails including photos of the part I was replacing, Then they wanted my VIN number and a photo of the part they sent me. Really! All because they did not want to pay for shipping on a $7.66 part. I told them to keep the $7.66 and buy a book on customer service. I do not recommend this business to anyone. The worst customer service!"

modified review This review was modified by norockauto on November 06 2014 06:39:04 PM

"Will never buy from Them again! Worst service! Parts delivered wrong, and they wont admit they made mistake. Also they will never pay for your returns when's it's their fault! Shipping took forever when apprently my part is lost!!. This is my order number
Order 26695510
Rock auto is shitty company!

modified review This review was modified by Martingamps on November 02 2014 07:18:15 PM

"I ordered some parts for a lexus that I was fixing up. At first it was awesome to see that all of the parts that I had been trying to get through junkyards and ebay were way overpriced and Rockauto had what I needed at the price I didn't mind paying. Ordered my parts and they came quick I was very impressed.... Until there were some parts that came in the order that were not what I ordered and wanted to return them. The return fee was upsetting but I didn't care I wanted to get the car up and going so by mistake I just mailed back the parts, forgot to fill out the form on the site. THe next day I realized I made a mistake and quickly informed the customer service department. I am not the smartest individual but I know this has happened to other customers I wasn't upset all I asked for was a store credit seeing that it was my f up. Lady told me no problem it would take 3 weeks to issue. We are heading into month two still no update I sent an email the other day only to get a snarky attitude via "email." I am so mad now I say f rock auto keep the money and part go sit and rotate you c suckers. I will tell my friends to pay that extra price for parts just to get the peace of mind. "

"This company is terrible, I don't care how much money it looks like you are going to save, it's not worth it.
I ordered a part based on their catalog search for my truck and it turns out to not work on my model, but they are still making me pay for the return shipping because they said it works. I later found out (no thanks to them) that their was a mid year parts change but their website makes no mention of it.
Their returns section on the website is a pain because it only gives a very small space to write a comment about what's wrong with the part, and on top of that they don't even bother to read the comment!
It took four days of wrangling around with these people just to get an authorization to send their junk back at my expense.
Do yourself a favor and deal with a company that won't make you pay for their mistakes!

"Bought a set of ball joints that at the time were listed for my car. It's a hobby enthusiast car so I wasn't in any hurry to do the job. Rock Auto has a 30day return policy. Even if the parts application is wrong they WILL NOT refund or credit you. Apparently they think it is perfectly fine to sell a part under false application data and then hide behind a 30day "policy" to deny any refunds! I contacted the manufacturer, Deeza, and they offered to credit Rock Auto $25 for the parts I paid $65 for, but Rock Auto refused to offer any credit. They didn't object to the profit, but if you have a problem look out. Not a place I'll ever do business with again. They would rather PO a good customer than offer any customer service even when the problem was THEIR fault.

Rock Auto is a virtual store. They operate using AAIA's parts data and feed orders through AAPA members which is why orders are often split up among several different warehouses. They sell cheaply to retailers because their ONLY overhead is a couple servers operating in the cloud.

"Wow! What has happened to this company. I've ordered from them many times and only one other time had a problem with my order and they bent over backwards to fix the problem.
My last order was for an exhaust system for my son's car and one of the parts, although listed as fitting the car was wrong. I called CS and explained the issue and the Non caring CS person told me I could return at my expense. When I challenged him on this he stood his ground. Luckily the part was only about $20 so I'll keep it and buy the correct part somewhere else.
I did email them after my phone conversation and received no response.
This was the last order they will ever get from me.

modified review This review was modified by dbta on October 07 2014 06:32:08 PM

"Why so many low ratings? I ordered my part on the weekend and they had my part ready to ship on Monday the moment the post office opened back up and I had it in my hands in two days. I was blown away by the extra effort they put in to making sure the package was protected during shipping. They could have stuck the manufacture's box in the mail with a shipping label on it and sent that but they put that in another box with lots of protective packaging."

modified review This review was modified by andrewsafb71 on October 07 2014 11:37:35 AM

"needed front turn signal lens for our trusty F150 pickup. price was great and cheaper than any other place. Product arrived within 3 days and was in perfect condition. rock auto gets my vote"

"my brother and i have used the service to order numerous parts. the parts are as described and in great condition. as long as you dont mind an off brand, so far rockauto has the best prices for most everything.
would highly recommend

"I do not recommend ordering any parts from Rockauto.com. They knowingly sold me a catalytic converter that was illegal in CA. At the time of purchase the part was not clearly designated accordingly. "

modified review This review was modified by Notsomadscientist on September 21 2014 05:19:05 PM

"i bought an air pump 2 years ago for my 2005 gmc envoy purchased AC DELCO cause it was the best brand and most expensive so i didnt want to go cheap and have the same problem again. i went thru rock auto since i hear all the infomercials and commercials so i figured go with a reputable comp. well here i am now 2 years later buying another pump at 170 DOLLARS which def wont b thru rock auto since they told me that the warranty was 2 years thing is a air smog pump is not like brakes that have to be changed every couple of years it should last you for the life of the truck or at the least more then 2 years. basically my mechanic told me that it was a defective smog pump. needless to say rock auto is all about flash and dash and advertising but not about customer svc and quality products. in a nut shell "BUYER BEWARE""

modified review This review was modified by danofr8 on September 19 2014 06:42:25 PM

"I was introduced to RockAuto.com by my dad after comparing parts online with all the major retailer's Web sites. He said I should check them out. I'm THRILLED! They had the exact same part, same manufacturer and everything, as one of the retailers. RockAuto had it online for $74, the retailer had it for $120. With tax and shipping I paid $84 through rockauto.com. It showed up early and I was impressed with how well the part was packaged for shipping. It was exactly what I needed and fit my vehicle better than the original part. "

"I have used Rockauto many times for parts to my Jeep GC 98. No problems at all. Very fast shipment and competitive prices. Will continue to use."

modified review This review was modified by HelgeS on September 15 2014 04:05:43 AM

"I placed a order for my 97 Honda civic for body filler panels. what I was shipped was a completely different part. rock auto told me they could not come up with a good answer as to why it was wrong and had no solution. but because there computer said it was the right part I still has to pay for the shipping. so if you order the right part for your car and its wrong. your still responsible for shipping . I will never b uy from here again. and being in the parts world all of my customers will be told this story."

"I've used RockAuto.com for a few years now. I'd say that I order parts from them at least 10 times per year and at first everything was great, but it seems as though the quality of service has been on a downward slide over the last year and a half.

The first issue I had was for an ignition coil. When I received it, the coil's box was damaged and the coil had a crack in it. The brown outer box that the coil was shipped in showed no damage at all, so I can only assume it was sent this way. They sent a replacement part and all was well. Since that time (roughly 1-1/2 years ago) my orders have been hit or miss. Sometimes I'll get exactly what I ordered, sometimes they'd be the wrong item, sometimes damaged, and the one I hate the most....brands substituted for other brands. I shop there because I know exactly what brand I'm looking for and I don't want something else. If it's unavailable, please let me know so I can make other arrangements.

I will add a few of the times that my orders have been wrong or damaged, the cost was so low on them that I was instructed to just do what I wanted with them and they sent out replacements or a refund. The cost of shipping outweighed the cost of the part value to them.

It's been going on this way for at least the last 10-15 orders I've placed with them, so needless to say I'm beginning to reach the end of my rope with them. To be fair and honest, more than half of the time my orders are okay and I've never had any issues with the customer service reps as others have stated here. Every time I've had a problem they took care of it with no problems. I don't know how others talk to the CS reps, but I speak to them the way I want to be spoken to; with respect. Maybe that's the difference in my case? Who knows? All I can say is that I've never had anyone be rude to me. I will say that if that does happen I'll no longer shop there. It's one thing to be rude, but it's totally uncalled for when the problems originated on your end.

modified review This review was modified by Mikethemechanic on September 11 2014 04:04:54 PM

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!