• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.72/10 5.72/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.66/10 2.66/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10

"RIP OFFS AND JERKS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. ADAM G. IS PRACTICED AT BEING THE SMART ASS MULE. RETURN POLICY IS A POLICY THAT COSTS YOU THE CUSTOMER DOUBLE. NO HELP. WONT ANSWER LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS, PRACTICED JERKS
HEADLIGHTS HOLD MOISTURE A WEEK OLD.

modified review This review was modified by DSHAW9595 on February 03 2015 11:30:23 AM

"Ordered rear brake rotors for my BMW. Selected Bendix "premium" rotors as Bendix is a long-time respected name in brakes. The order was received very quickly.
Upon opening the box the words "Made in China" struck me. There's no way I'm gonna put Chinese-made "stuff" on my BMW.
Rock Auto's web site made no mention these were made in China. They accepted my request to return the rotors, but will charge me the return shipping as well as original shipping: total cost of over $20.
Disappointed in their web site labeling and their charges for return shipping. They could have at least split the shipping but made no effort to please this long-time customer. (10 years a customer)

modified review This review was modified by jar631 on January 29 2015 09:15:12 AM

"Absolutely the worst customer service ever, promised the part the next day, sent an email saying it would be here the next day, then it didnt show up. Paid $51 for it to be here. Refused to even think about giving me a refund, Matt was very belligerent, and insulted my intelligence, and was overall insulting. Will never again by a part from them."

modified review This review was modified by glemaire on January 29 2015 08:30:22 AM

"I bought the hood. They sent me it with defect and didn't return money."

"Rock Auto used to be a great company to order from. They went down hill.. I ordered 4 O2 sensors from them based upon their catalog. The 2 front would not fit, wrong fittings, 2 rear ones were defective. Went to local parts store picked up the replacements, sent the others back and of course i had to pay the $7 shipping, and still haven't received the refund"

modified review This review was modified by SouthernMale on January 25 2015 10:55:21 AM

"Every order has been correctly filled and shipped expediently."

modified review This review was modified by deere4840 on January 22 2015 02:06:42 PM

"I have been a loyal customer with RA for 6 years & thought they were the cat's meow and converted countless friends to purchasing from them as well. Recently I have had 3 separate errors out of my past 8 orders. Each time it's a small issue like an oil or air filter not fitting my car even though I order from the fit guide accordingly. RA customer service is friendly and will take it back but frankly, I am tired of paying for shipping to buy it only to hassle with returns (print shipping label and drop off at Fedex or UPS) to get $5 OR $10 refunded). They only pay the return shipping. It's not worth the time or effort. True customer service would just take care of it if the fault is theirs. Especially when a loyal customer (as could been seen in my account purchase history) emails and politely asks them what they can do for me after expressing my dissatisfaction after the 3rd error.

You will find the same parts at same or (sometimes better) prices on eBay where the seller is usually more concerned with the buyer's satisfaction as negative feedback risk carries some weight.

modified review This review was modified by Vancouverite on January 10 2015 02:35:58 PM

"The website might require some serious help, but the parts and service are awesome.

I have been ordering parts from rock auto for the past 5 years. The parts are better quality than anything I have gotten from the local retailers and the price is better too! Shipping is efficient and I love to collect the magnets they send on my toolbox.

"Bought an entire turn signal multifunction switch from Rock Auto for my Chrysler 300. The switch that I received looked very old and used. Took it to my mechanic, he opened my steering wheel. After about 2 hours of trying to make it work, we discovered that THE SWITCHED WAS NOT ONLY OLD, IT WAS ACTUALLY BROKEN. Of course, the mechanic charged me $100 (which is reasonable for a 2 hour labor). I contacted them and they said that they will issue a refund and will refund labor as well. They asked me to send all the invoices with the object being returned, which I did. A week after the item was sent, I called them to inquire about the refund process. They stated that they have received the item with invoices and it will take 4-6 weeks for the process to complete. I emailed them today (more than 8 weeks later) and the response was "we have not received your item or the invoices to date". I still have the tracking numbers. I will be suing them (my brother is a lawyer). I have all the emails to prove their lies.

THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE FRAUD. THEY SELL USED, BROKEN ITEMS AND WILL NOT ISSUE REFUNDS. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

"It's like walmart for auto parts, without the customer service, warranty, or return policy of walmart. In fact, getting these people to accept a return is like pulling teeth.

Very poor customer service. Rockauto does not stand behind anything they sell, they will refuse to refund shipping if a part does not match a vehicle, and most importantly, they insult their customers integrity and outright tell those with complaints to shop elsewhere. Unbelievable.

I would suggest people shop at amazon.com, advance auto, or a local parts store for parts unless you want rockauto to send you the wrong part, then hold your money hostage.

I will likely have send everything back at my own cost and dispute this charge with my bank. Just terrible service from these people.

"Ordered CV Axles for my 05 Honda CRV. Parts Cardon manufacturer.Bad experience ! Bad parts,payed $114 with shipping,than extra $21.10 for return,plus reset warning brake lights from this parts $90 and double labor to mechanics to replace it again.Loosing money with this seller too much.You can order parts like filter,bulb ,wipers,but not more.Bad experience,newer again."

modified review This review was modified by vassilig10 on December 08 2014 09:17:40 PM

"I Have been buying parts from this company for almost a year now, and have been putting orders in for over $700.00, and have never had an issue with returning anything or incorrect parts, I service a lot of vehicles and am taking pretty much everything from them! I work 2 1/4 hours N.E. of Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) and I am very satisfied with their shipping. Rock Auto we Thank You for all the good service and great prices!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE AT ROCK AUTO!!!!!!!!!!! And i hope on dealing with you in the future."

modified review This review was modified by pinemeadowrebuilding on December 08 2014 06:24:24 PM

"UK buyer that payed Via bank transfer left with no parts and £214.98 out of pocket. Will never use again there customer service is a joke full off generic answers.

They advised there was an issue with my payment and i should see a refund by the 28th November and its now the 7th December my only choice is to try and take legal action.

"Ordered parts online based on simple description and the item was not correct. Upon calling had terrible customer service and as with most of the reviews found that they could care less about taking care of customer just the lame policies that only allow them to screw the customers!! Wouldn't do business with these screw ups if I had to!! The Taylor family should be ashamed to have put a business together to screw people around!! These are the types of businesses that give all of us a bad name!! Will tell anyone who listens to go somewhere else because you cant get local service on the internet!! "

modified review This review was modified by steven51501 on November 24 2014 02:41:34 PM

"Excellent!! I ordered two catalytic converters for my Ford Escape 2005 for the price of one anywhere else. I ordered after five oclock in the evening and I had my parts the next day amazing!! Thank You Rock Auto!!"

modified review This review was modified by ottavichic on November 21 2014 06:38:12 AM

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!