Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.77/10 1.77/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.01/10 3.01/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.21/10 1.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.49/10 1.49/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-09-22

Do not order from these guys

"I ordered a door switch part. The part was defective. They refused to refund the part due to some vague policy stating that my description didn't match up even though their site was the one that gave me that part number. Order from someone trustworthy. There was no effort to help us sort out the confusion and get it right. Just a matter of fact "we cant take it back."

Sounds like they have a racket going.

2017-09-22

Poor customer service

"Order air filters for my car that were listed as oem style replacements. Never had the airfilter out of the car so i did not know the oem number of the filter but went by the rock auto catalog number. The filter did not fit. Rock auto customer service nasty on phone and when i tried to argue my position they hung up. Even though it was there catalog issue they made me pay return shipping. I will never oder another item from them."

2017-09-21

Poor customer service and accuracy

"Awful experience. Purchased a part to discover it was the wrong item. Then my car gets stolen before I could send the part back (while communicating with them) and even though the receipt is the proof, they didn't want to refund me the money even though i had to pay an additional 200 to get the replacement part from a defect (original purchase). So I lost 400 in total. Their policy on purchases are inhumane. I will never, EVER shop there again."

2017-09-19

Old part sold as new

"Purchased an Denso 02 sensor and paid for a new part and received and obviously used part repackaged. Told i could return it, hello the part i need now not to go thru a return process and wait again. "

2017-09-18

Don't support products they sell

"Bought a Power Stop brake kit and installed. Brakes had 90 day 3k mile warranty. 90 day mark and 4k miles the rotors and pads became so warped they now need replacing. Contacted RockAuto in hopes that they could help me out due to the product not having been used much and was told there was nothing they can do. (no suggestion to contact the manufacturer or how to contact them.) This was my first purchase through RockAuto and since this is all the more they support the products they carry - I will not be ordering anything else from them and give a cautionary "buyer be ware" to others."

2017-09-18

Great Prices, Never a Problem

"I've order many parts for 4 different cars and have always had great service. Only had one part fail and was returned under warranty for a free exchange for a new part, I had to pay the return shipping but they will give you a pre-paid shipping label at their reduced shipping cost. You need to know how to repair your car and what parts to order since they have a bigger selection. Don't blame RockAuto cause you screwed up! If you don't know the difference between an oil, gas, air, cabin or **** filter then use your local auto store!"

2017-09-16

Will order from rock auto again

"Have been getting parts from Rock auto for 7 or 8 years, filters, starters,,wiper blades, bulbs, belts. May take 7-9 days to get to my home, but worth the wait because of what I save."

2017-09-12

customer service lies to make you happy

"I paid for two lower ball joints to be brought in to me overnight and when I receive them one of them was not the part that I ordered their ordered parts were to lower control arms and they sent me one lower control arm and a pitman arm so I called them the following morning and they told me that they would make sure they shipped it out on Monday morning of the following week this being Saturday so the Monday coming up so I called just a few minutes ago and they tell me oh no it hasn't shipped yet we can't shipped you a return product until we see that yours has been picked up or dropped off at a FedEx location and this is after I was told Saturday by the customer service rep that they'd make sure to get it out on Monday since I paid overnight fees to get it there and I also informed him that it would probably be the middle of the week before I was able to ship out the product that they ship me and correct so I call the first time I speak to a guy he just completely blows me off I tell him I need to speak to a manager and all he does it sound like a warped freaking record and he just continues on and on and on and then he puts me on mute for like 10 minutes and I said they're on the phone and I tell him I can hang out here all day buddy it's you being an idiot so 17-minute comes along and then he hangs up on me so I call back and I go to a different department and I get to speak to a manager and once again they sound like a work record it's getting crazy on my part so I tell her that once again I was promised Monday shipping on the outbound crate Monday morning and then she tells me no we can't do that we must see it through being returned to us 1st and I told her again that I was told by a guy named Zack on Saturday that it would be shipped to me and also made sure that he knew that the other one wouldn't be going back until probably the middle of that week and he said yeah no problem you paid overnight will make sure you get taken care of and this is what I get rock Island's customer service **** the product that they sell is second-to-none if you pay for the better stuff but as far as their customer service and their customer Communications and their customer relations they need to go back to school I would suggest preschool because preschoolers and Pre-K and kindergarteners treat a complete stranger better than Rock Island treats a paying customer one of which I am and the company I work for we spend well over 6 figures a month through this company but this isn't handled I'll be sure to take my business elsewhere"

2017-09-12

Never buying from you again

"I bought alot of stuff off of you in the past and lately all I have been getting is the wrong parts and pretty much giving you my money because I can't use the junk u send me. That is stopping. I will be tell everyone I know and I might just put on every site I can find so the world can see so they don't buy from you guys neither"

Horrible

"First of all, I'm a female who knows nothing about cars. I purchased a part after putting in my cars information. Once I received the item and brought it down to the repair shop and they started working on my car they then told me it was the wrong part. It cost me 1/2 an hour in labor to be told this so I'm now out $50 because of Rock Autos mistake. The parts sent match up to a Ford truck- I have a Volkswagen car. I initiated the return and refund process, sent back the unopened package and had to pay return shipping even though rock auto advertises this part fits my car and it does NOT. I sent the return back. Originally they refused the package from the post office but then a few days later received it. They have had my return since September 5th, their website has said "will be inspected by September 8". They have had my return for 7 days. Buyers beware! They will send you parts that do not fit YOUR car and then who knows how long until you receive your refund"

2017-09-10

They kept my money because of a policy...

"They have $208.00 of my money and won't give it back. I lost my home to fire along with two vehicles and all I had left was my 86 Dodge Ram and I had to order a carburetor for my truck off of my iphone, a 4 inch screen and mistakenly I checked return for store credit. That's because they sent me the wrong carburetor and I wanted an exchange... I did not notice the issue until I got my feet back on the ground and got back on a computer, I called them and they told me that I could not get my money back, that I had five years to spend that money because it had been six months since. What a BS policy.... I asked to speak to a higher up person in corporate headquarters and this as*hole told me he was corporate... Smart as*.. I complained to the BBB and they won't respond to me or BBB... Stay away from RockAuto because if you make a mistake they will keep your money... It's bad enough that I lost everything but they will add insult to injury... Sorry SOB's "

2017-09-10

Shipping sux

"They have great price and availability, but there shipping is the shittist I have ever seen, both in accuracy of item shipped and time for shipping. If they fired there entire shipping staff and contracted with ups or ONLY usps, they would be the amazon of auto parts, as it stands they absolutely **** ****. One time I got a radiator instead of a shock. Y'all SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!
Recently ordered small part, easy to ship ordered 8-28-17, its 9-10-17 still no part and no communication.

2017-09-09

Spend thousands and never an issue

"I read all of these bad reviews of Rockauto.com and wonder if most of these reviewers know ANYTHING about cars. I have literally spent THOUSANDS of dollars with them and have never had an issue. If you need you part in two days, then go to your local parts store and pay the extra. Giving a merchant a bad review because of YOUR lack of planning is asinine. "

2017-09-07

srewed over

"paid extra to have part by a certain date and no part and no customer service to ask - very bad service will not buy from again at least pay more locally - I guess you pay for service"

2017-09-04

Parts junk on arrival no cross ship!

"Parts arrive damaged and they need the part back before shipping another replacement. How they could fix the problem. Verify the part is correct in the box, verify it is protected properly & if it is bad cross ship another. They have the payment information so charge the new part until it gets back. Having a car down for days is a problem with this business model **** ****. Not Auto. Not sure what I will do if the next one is bad. Been driving with 3 new struts and of course the one that was bad on the car was the one that arrived damaged. Figures."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!