Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.25/10 4.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.48/10 5.48/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2015-12-26

"Wow . . . I am verry satisfied ,it was easy to order ,the shipping was fast with good tracking numbers ,great quality products at affordable price .Nothing was damaged in the well packed shipping box.
There was one small missing info for the rear pads I have ordered for my Crossfire , but after I talked over the phone to a service representent ,I got fully refunded . . . parts and shipping that I had paid ,since it was a small catalog error .I just check on the site and the mistaque was corected so it does not happen to somebody else .
RockAuto Parts will be the first place I will check in the future for our three vehicules .
A special Thanks ,to the US employes at RockAuto Parts . . .job well done .

Daniel L.
Frelighsburg,Qc.,Canada

This review was modified by LagDan55 on December 26 2015 02:31:00 PM

2015-12-23

"Never never never again will I order parts from this place. I found the part I needed on their website,it even gave me the correct info of the fitment of the part. I even called them to make sure it was it but they informed me they were not "parts people" and I had to figure that out on my own. So I ordered it. What I needed was a speedometer gear for a 350 auto trans.When it got here I could put the part inside of the one that came off of my truck. It was too small and would not fit over the shaft of the trans. I returned it and had to pay myself to ship it back. Anyway, they stiffed me over 10 bucks. I know it is not much but just beware of a large purchase and if it is wrong you will get stiffed more. Just go to your local parts house where you can return it no questions ask and get a FULL REFUND!"

2015-12-08

"I order from ROCK AUTO all the time ..I would rather look for the parts myself than go to the local parts stores where deaf incompetent counter people "attempt" to assist me. I am sick and tired of going to the local shops for COMMON parts for cars only to be told "we can have it tomorrow" YEAH, that doesn't work when the wheels are off today !! Example: Ford Crown Vic. with 4.6 header pipe gasket .... ALL cars require two whether its single or dual exhaust but they only stock 1 ? WTF? How about brake pads for F-150 Ford truck the most sold truck in America ....none These are off the top of my head problems with the Brick and Mortar stores! I recently had an issue with a power steering line for 07 Impala, the aftermarket line was no way going to work too many bends were wrong and the area is tight, I had to go factory on that one. I sent my semi dirty line back in its original bag and was credited the full amount no problem. I just sent back a rack and pinion and a set of calipers and received core credit in a timely matter. When I send e-mail to rock they are on the ball and respond very quickly !! I wish though that you could move parts from cart to cart because at times I'm building multiple orders for multiple vehicles. over all I'm supper happy with Rock so far and you get a free refrigerator magnet too !! "

This review was modified by CHEVEN on December 08 2015 02:03:23 PM

2015-12-05

"I recently ordered a Serpentine Ribbed belt for my truck which I did not try to install until today and found it too short. In their catalog they listed 2 different lengths for my truck based on different vehicle weights which I missed because they always list so many options even though you enter a very specific make/model/engine they still always include other vehicles in their application. I had a problem with them on this issue before and their answer was because they want to give as many options as possible (even if it includes other models not like your specific one). Anyway because I missed their 30-day return deadline I'm stuck with this wrong size belt and out almost $30.00. I asked their customer service guy what am I supposed to do with this and all he could tell me was to try and sell it on my own!"

This review was modified by DonTr6 on December 05 2015 01:52:07 PM

2015-11-20

"Unbelievably awful service received by these guys today. I ordered parts Wednesday, and paid for overnight delivery. When I went to check tracking, I discovered that the items I ordered aren't even scheduled to ship until the middle of next week! Now, I've paid for garage time this weekend to install the parts I purchased, (My one free weekend a month) and I won't have my parts in time. To add insult to injury, they won't even refund my payment for at least 2 days, telling me it takes paypal that long to process. I use paypal for my business daily, refunds go through IMMEDIATELY when you click the little refund button. So, now I can't even get the parts locally because the money I had for parts is tied up with your people. They lady I spoke with offered nothing to help me out here. Completely furious! "

2015-11-18

"Worst company I ever dealt with. Customer service policies from the 50's. Lost in time. they send you incorrect parts and want you to pay to have it shipped back t them, even though it's their fault! Unbelievable in this day and age. Do yourself a favor and avoid this schlock house at all costs, and save your car from inferior/incorrect parts as well."

2015-11-03

"I bought a electric fuel pump Precise brand part 402-P2002 with the

required scree/filter required for the part warrantee through Rock

Auto two weeks ago. The pump was drop shipped direct from the

manufactur and the pump arrived faulty with a crack in the plastic

where the negative terminal is pressed in the pump. I sent it back

and had areplacement sent. The replacement pump I recieved also

came with a crack in the same place. Now I'm shipping the second

faulty pump back along with the Precise 402PFS111 screen filter.

Rock auto told me they will refund me for the faulty pump but will

only credit me part of the shipping because the screen/filter was not

faulty. I told them it is useless to me because they sent me 2 faulty

pumps and now I have no use for them because they were only

ordered because it is required to install a new screen/filter on the

new pump or the warrentee is void.
I did not learn from getting 2 faulty pumps.. I then ordered another

brand pump with a same brand matching screen/filter from Rock

Auto. That fuel pump was a SPECTRA PREMIUM part SP1158.

Apon recieving the third pump when I opened the part box up the

install parts bag was previous opened which is due to being pre sold

and returned. When I inspected the pump I foud out that resold

pump was faulty also and the problem with that one is there was a

small brass washer jammed inside the pump under the intake

screen. This washer clearly does not belong there and must be a

internal part that came out of place. Again Rock auto gave me the

same I going to refund your parts cost but the shipping cost to

recieve faulty/damaged pump we will screw you in the shipping

because the screen is not faulty and still useable. Rock Auto faild to

ship me non faulty pumps that I can use the screens on and the only

reason to send them back. I sent photo's as proof to Rock auto but

they are sticking to screww me on the shipping.

2015-10-22

"Bad place to do business.. Be ready to pay for return if parts don't fit or is not as it was supposed to be"

2015-10-15

"They jipped me and sent me the wrong parts. Their customer service is horrible!!!! They did not clearly label the car models so the sent me the wrong parts. They made me pay 45$ in shipping and 27$ to ship them back. Why is shipping to me 45$ so basically they stole 23$ in extra shipping and 27$ for me to ship it back. Return shipping should be free they sent me the wrong parts!!! I paid 330$ in parts and Only got back 250$ That's not ok! They stole my money! I called customer service and the first person I spoke to hung up on me and the second person I spoke with was very nasty. 6 months earlier I brought a clutch with in 4 moths of having it installed by mechanic the bearing in the clutch failed. So not only don they steal your money and provide crappy service but they also sell poor quality parts. They received my packages on Tuesday, I know because i tracked it with FedEx and they said i should have my refund with in 3 days of them receiving the package.... it is now Thursday and I was told I have to wait another 2-3 days to see my money. I am not happy at all and i will never shop here again!"

2015-10-15

"I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE PART A PURCHASED FROM ROCK AUTO. I WAS SENT THE WRONG PART AND WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE HALF OF THE SHIPPING COST. I NOT SENDING THE PART BACK BECAUSE I WAS INFORMED THAT THEY WOULD ONLY REIMBURSE ME APPROXIMATELY $8.00. THE TOTAL COST TO SHIP THE PART WAS $6.00 EACH WAY! THEY CLAIMED THAT THE PART SHOULD HAVE FIT MY HARLEY BUT WHEN MY MECHANIC SHOWED ME THE RIGHT PART AND THE PART SOLD BY ROCK -AUTO THEY WERE DIFFERENT. THE OIL SENSOR WASN'T EVEN FOR MY BIKE. AN ATTEMPT TO SPEAK WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE FELL ON DEAF EARS. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY RECEIVED AN A+ RATING FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN SCREWED BY ROCK-AUTO. LET ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND POTENTIAL CONSUMERS KNOW HOW TRULY SHADY THESE INDIVIDUALS TRULY ARE. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DENIED SENDING THE WRONG PART. SUBJECT WHO CLAIMED TO BE A MANAGER REFUSED TO GIVE AN ADDRESS WHERE A FORMAL COMPLAINT COULD BE LODGED. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME. WHAT YOU THINK YOU MIGHT SAVE WILL ONLY LEAD TO A BIG HEADACHE!"

2015-10-07

"My experience with RockAuto over the past year has been good. There was even one case where customer service was extremely helpful in replacing a distributor cap which would not fit on my engine. They replaced the part quickly and effectively. That's customer service.
I ordered a replacement window regulator motor for the passenger door of my GMC Jimmy. Installation requires that the OEM rivets be drilled out and replaced with bolts, which were supplied. Not an easy job, but I finished it right about the time the driver door window regulator motor failed. I went back to the RockAuto catalog and ordered the same part, from the same manufacturer, for the driver's door. The part arrived in a timely manner, minus the bolts for attachment to the regulator. I contacted customer service and they told me that this part was supplied without bolts. My question is in a series of emails and explained that the same part for the passenger door had been supplied with bolts. Several customer service representatives refused to supply the necessary hardware. Their website does not say one way or the other, whether bolts come with. My thinking is that if the first motor came with installation bolts, the other one should also. RockAuto was adamant in their refusal to do anything to make me happy about this purchase. So, for a dollar's worth of bolts, I am no longer a satisfied customer of theirs. I may use them in the future, but only after checking competitor websites and figuring the advantages. No more blind trust in RockAuto.

2015-10-02

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

They are a terrible service business!!!

I had a faulty part by them, they only offered a warranty replacement, but I did not want a replacement part since that specific part and brand failed!!! I wanted a return after 30 days!!!

They would not give it to me at all and service me the customer!!!

Any other business would of honored and made the exception to satisfy the customer!!!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by devildevil on October 02 2015 11:23:26 AM

2015-09-30

"Ordered oil filters from them, they sent incorrect parts (listed incorrectly on their website), AND they were damaged by poor packaging-their mistake, BUT-they refused to refund my shipping! I've used them many times in the past-but NEVER AGAIN!"

2015-09-28

"Wish there was a "Zero" star rating for how horrible this company is. I had to buy CV axles for my 2003 SVT Focus online since they are not a common vehicle and all parts are special ordered. I truly wish i would have read all of the reviews. Long story short, I ordered my parts Thursday early afternoon and paid 51 dollars for 2 day shipping so that i could have my parts by saturday. Tore the car apart Friday, tracked my order and it was not even processed yet and still in Los Angeles. Now i am in Washington state but figured that maybe the website was no up to date. Ok fine still waited and nothing came about that day. Parts showed up tuesday evening arounf 7 pm. so i was like that is bull crap, and i contacted "customer" service and got this emailed response:

"Hello,

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the shipping choices presented to you. We try to make the listings clear and concise. When shopping with us in the future, the "receive by" date listed is an accurate representation of when you should receive the order.

Shipping charges are only refundable if the return is due to our mistake. No, we will not refund your shipping (or any portion of it) in this case."

The funny thing was, it was only 10 bucks to ship and i would have had it wednesday, which still did me no good. I let them know that 4 1/2 days no matter how you look at it is not 2 days and said that i feel i should be discounted a portion of what i paid. Rude people many rude emails and frankly the worse online parts hub i have ever came across. do NOT be fooled by their claim for low prices

This review was modified by RickJames71 on September 28 2015 07:50:54 AM

2015-09-23

"Wish I had read these reviews first. Spent $1000+ in the month of September. One of my orders was for lug nuts. After entering the correct vehicle information several choices were presented to me. Unfortunately the lugs sent did not fit my vehicle. I had to order a set which was twice as expensive. Rock Auto refunded my account but charged me shipping both ways. I then called customer service to explain that the part did not fit. Customer service refused to credit me for the shipping. I asked for a modest discount on an order that had not yet shipped. I was told I should be getting 5% discount codes as a returning customer. Nope I wasn't. No offer to discount any of my current orders but was offered to "set me up for future orders". I'm now done with Rock Auto and am willing to pay more somewhere else that has better service. "

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!