• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10

"Order a Stant 10241 radiator cap,got some chinese piece of junk that did not fit right.Customer service ranks among the worst.Automated program for returns basically tells you where to go.I will not be wasting my time or money with these clowns again."

"Stay away from them!!
RockAuto.com sold me a fan assembly for my wife's 2007 X3. Paid close to $400 + FedEx to Aruba + duties ($130). My mechanic here told me it was not new, had been installed before. He installed it though and yep, malfunctioned. Next day, he took it out again ($100 for the mechanic). RockAuto okay'd to return it ($110 Fedex back). They did not know why it was malfunctioning so then just threw it away. I spent $740 in total on a used malfunctioning fan assembly and ended up with a $400 store credit for the part only. My loss $340.
Then when I wanted to use the store credit for a part for my Jeep, it had expired (had not needed any car parts for a year) and RockAuto refuses to reactivate my store credit. So now total loss $740!!!
I will never by from RockAuto.com again.

modified review This review was modified by ArubaSun on August 13 2013 12:31:09 PM

"I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts for various old cars off RockAuto in the past six years. I have had my first warranty issue today. A Delphi air conditioning compressor which was ordered on 7/23/2012 and installed on 8/4/2012 failed on 8/7/2013. I talked to two representatives, one of whom claimed to be a supervisor. They would not budge on the warranty and refused to escalate my calls. In contrast, I returned a failed A/C compressor for a different vehicle 6 months out of warranty to Amazon after pleading, hardly any questions were asked. I recommend that you do NOT buy an air conditioning compressor from RockAuto because of the spotty quality of so many brands in recent years. For that matter, do not buy anything from RockAuto that you suspect might fail soon after the warranty period, because they will have no mercy even for regular, repeat customers who have no prior warranty issues."

modified review This review was modified by runderwo on August 08 2013 12:09:57 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM ROCKAUTO!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! WHEN I ORDERED MY PARTS I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BE HERE WITHIN 6 DAYS 8 DAYS LATER I CALL TO FIGURE OUT WHATS GOING ON AND THEY TELL ME MY PACKAGE WAS SENT FROM NJ TO WISCONSIN THEN FROM WISCONSIN TO KENTUCKY THEN FROM KENTUCKY ITS GOING BACK TO NJ THEN IT WILL BE SHIPPED TO ME, IN SOUTH CAROLINA. THEN ON TOP OF THAT I ORDER A RIGHT UPPER GRILLE AND A RIGHT FENDER I RECIEVE A LOWER LEFT GRILLE AND A LEFT FENDER, I CALL AND HE TELLS ME I ORDERED LEFT I THINK I KNOW MY LEFT FROM RIGHTS AND I DID NOT ORDER LEFT PARTS. HE TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP IT THERE AND BACK. BS THEN HE HUNG UP ON ME!! DONT ORDER THERE A RIP OFF AND ASSHOLES"

modified review This review was modified by MADCUStomer1 on August 07 2013 11:22:53 AM

"I buy from RockAuto the last 3 years and have no troubles at all. Often I use their catalog as a guide to check the availability and price of aftermarket parts. But of course you should check all part numbers by the OEM catalogs and take into account what Timken, Federal-Mogul (Moog, Wagner), Bendix and another major brands now forward the Chinese s**t. Then be ready they do not collect you order but ship it by parts from the OEM stocks (bolt from Location A and nut from Location B)"

modified review This review was modified by VitalyShkvorov on July 26 2013 08:04:25 AM

"Fantastic service, they ship quick and parts are always right. I've ordered multiple times and always get 20% off coupons in my email. Good, fair pricing."

"Bought a part for my truck. Rock Auto shipped the wrong part. However, because I discovered their error after 30 days, they would not take the part back. Part was in perfect condition in original packaging. Stupid policy that they will not accept a return when it is their error. Will never do business with them again."

"I bought a Spectra Premium gas tank with fuel pump and sending unit as a kit from RockAuto. I received the kit, installed it and I found i had a leaky tank. Too bad for me that it was over 30 days before I got the tank installed and had occasion to fill it enough that the leak became apparent. After dealing with RockAuto and Spectra Premium, sending both of them pictures of the leaking tank, in and out of the vehicle, spending 2 1/2 hours installing it, then removing it, and losing about $25 worth of gas to the leak. I am now supposed to send via common carrier at my expense back to RockAuto, but they will only take it after I spend the time to thoroughly flush the tank with water and detergent, again my expense with no compensation for time or materials. After doing that FedEx or UPS SHOULD take it. I may be asked to pay hazardous charges. Then I get to wait for another tank, which may or may not be defective.
I did contact Spectra Premium for help, just to let you know that I wasted that time. Spectra Premium really didn't care about their defective product. At first it was ,"how do we even know it's one of our tanks?", now we are back to "you really need to deal with RockAuto on this as there is nothing we will do with you directly". RockAuto does offer a 1 year warranty, but what good is this warranty? It isn't worth the paper it is written on.
Final line, I'll repair the tank myself and pass along to anybody who cares to hear, beware RockAuto. I will never deal with them again. I cannot afford their cheaper prices.

modified review This review was modified by NorthernSurveyor on July 12 2013 12:03:35 PM

"Spoke to Ralph (ext 270) on July 2, 2013. He refused to provide a last name. He refused to refund return shipping fees on a defective product as previously promised. He refused to answer my questions about a refund of labour costs which had been promised to me. He tried to challenge (over the phone) the diagnosis of my Red Seal, Master Mechanic who found their part faulty. He tried to convince me the part was not under warranty even though I had confirmed that it was twice with other RockAuto staff, and once using their own website. He interrupted me 5 times, and began shouting at me. I will never again use RockAuto due to their wildly unprofessional, insulting, and hostile staff. RockAuto is happy to take your money, but refuse to honour their warranty or other commitments. Stay Away!!"

modified review This review was modified by BradGar on July 03 2013 03:30:00 PM

"ROCK AUTO CHEATS THEIR CUSTOMERS!
DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! THEY CHEAT YOU AND HAVE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! YOU ORDER A BRAND NAME PART AND THEY SEND YOU A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PART. I ORDERED A BECK ARNLEY PART FROM THEM FOR $39.79 AND RECEIVED A RENNBAY PART FROM THEM THAT SELLS FOR $23.78 ON RENNBAY.COM. THE PART THAT I RECEIVED IS NOT EVEN LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITE! WHEN I CALLED THEM, THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD NOT ACCEPT A RETURN OF THE PART AND WOULD NOT SEND ME THE CORRECT ONE. I TALKED TO 4 DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND THEY WERE RUDE AND GAVE ME NOTHING BUT GRIEF! AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

modified review This review was modified by ruthe245 on July 02 2013 10:45:15 AM

"I have ordered 5 times since 2009 and every transaction has been seamless. Parts have arrived faster than expected and core returns, while multi-step, were easy to figure out. Rock auto saved me $50 on a throttle body on my most recent order. "

modified review This review was modified by Gneiss1 on June 26 2013 08:54:30 AM

"Beautiful Clothes | dress | women clothing | Fairy gorgeous clothing | Beautiful Clothes
Han Chinese clothing
Cheongsam
Song Dynasty clothing
The Tang costume
The Han Dynasty costumes
[b]Beautiful Clothes[/b] | [b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]dress[/url][/b] | [b]women clothing[/b] | [b]Fairy gorgeous clothing[/b] | [b]Beautiful Clothes[/b]
[b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]Beautiful Clothes[/url][/b] | [b]dress[/b] | [b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]women clothing[/url][/b] | [b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]Fairy gorgeous clothing[/url][/b] | [b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]Beautiful Clothes[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]Han Chinese clothing[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]Cheongsam[/url][/b]
[b]Song Dynasty clothing[/b]
[b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]The Tang costume[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.silkroadchina.org]The Han Dynasty costumes[/url][/b]

"These people will not admit their computer mad a mistake I ordered parts and they sent
Them to my old address. When I made the order I gave billing and shipping address as same.
They tell me I put in wrong address ( I do know where I live ) Their computer used my old address
for shipping but it did get my billing address right ( which is also my shipping address )
To get shipping address changed ups will only accept change from shipper, Rock Auto refused
to do it !! Other half of shipment cannot be delivered by post office ti is being sent back.

Buy from someone else they do not deserve our business!

modified review This review was modified by Galeg on June 03 2013 04:27:35 PM

"Placed 4 orders in 2011, 3 orders in 2012, and so far 1 order in 2013. Orders are usually processed within a day, depending on when i enter them. Shipments via Fedex ground usually arrive within one week. Pretty good for ground shipment halfway across the country and then across an international border. All taxes and brokerage prepaid at order, no fees on arrival. Need to combine a few items to make shipping worthwhile. Takes time to place order so that items come out of one warehouse without paying multiple shipping. Excellent quality parts, recommended seller. Plan to order again. Have ordered several times for friends. Generally avoid ordering very large items since shipping too expensive."

"Never buy from Rock Auto!!!!. I ordered a bumper part from them under the subcategory of 2500HD but the part was for a 2500. There were three total items under the 2500HD category but only one of them was the correct one. Because the item was long it cost over 80.00 to ship a 12.00 part. I called them twice to try and resolve the issue. The two reps both admitted that the part was for a non HD truck and was under the 2500 HD category but their excuse was that sometimes people don’t know what kind of truck they have and so they have to put all the options there instead of the correct category of 2500, which was just one step right above the 2500HD category. I offered to re-order the correct bumper but just credit me back on the shipping. They were rude and refused. Never ever again."

modified review This review was modified by Tu1aher1 on May 14 2013 08:35:17 AM

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!