• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.57/10 5.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.07/10 2.07/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"I bought a starter motor for my old mazda that I couldn;t buy here in NZ. Turned up four working days later was re-furbished looks and works like new. This was probably the best international purchase I have made - certainly the fastest. Also The tracking of the parcel is excellent. Ive bought a lot of parts here in NZ - from slow asses - that have taken way longer to arrive than from America. I will only buy from Rock Auto now"

modified review This review was modified by JohnKaka73 on August 18 2014 12:57:19 PM

"This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I placed an order on the 12th and it went from Indiana to Illinois and there it sits for 5 days. Wonder when it will make it to Arizona??????????????????????"

"I have ordered from rockauto.com dozens of times. Orders always delivered in a timely manner, competitive prices.

It's a little strange that they don't offer phone ordering, but If you're OK with ordering online the prices can't be beat.

modified review This review was modified by 67syndicate on August 15 2014 03:47:23 PM

"RockAuto has become a company to avoid. RockAuto's customer service has seriously declined. Their customer service has not just gotten worse; it's gotten horrible. It may be the worst company I've dealt with in five years. They talk to their clients like they couldn't care less if you have a problem. They will attempt to make your life miserable instead of fixing a situation or refunding money. The idea is to make your life so miserable that you give up. It seems their quality has decreased rapidly in the last few years. The problem with the poor service could be somehow related to company culture, as RockAuto's customer service manager, Adam is getting a reputation for treating clients like dirt, snide comments to customers, a go f#ck yourself attitude, and generally making life difficult for customers. I have been a fan of RockAuto in the past. However, I can no longer recommend them after the continuous problems that I and others are having and reporting. I called the owner/ceo of the firm and failed to receive ANY response."

modified review This review was modified by RockAutoBlowsBig on August 08 2014 07:24:20 AM

"my first few orders about three years ago went well. but times have changed i guess. the last 5 orders i have made were horrible.

they sent the wrong part in a torn up box with the right part number, like they just threw any tie rod end into the box i ordered.

i ordered a caliper from them, i called to ask specifically if it came with the caliper mounting bracket and they said yes it arrives and nope. they just look at the picture on their web site and judge from there. they will never check with a manufacturer for you.

same with a brake master cylinder. i called to ask if it came with the reservoir as shown in the picture. of course they said yes. when it arrives nope no reservoir.

second master cylinder ordered this time it has the resiviour. but installed the pedal sinks slowly(bad seals)

power steering rack ordered. it arrives and is installed it is notchy. i call them and they refuse return because the model year is different then my car but they are the same car 1983-1987 corolla rwd. are all the same i ordered a 84 because the 85 wasn't in stock....???? i don't know why because they're the same part number.
after that i adjusted the pinion preload and it works fine it was just refurbished improperly, but now i voided the warranty because i had to fix their problem.

they are rude and demeaning over the phone. i was actually yelled at by an individual say we wont return your part F off.
it is impossible to return parts they seem to avoid it at all costs. and if you do get an approved return label you have to pay.
so if they send the wrong part they wont accept liability.

the savings is not worth the hassle. go to local stores (checker,oriley,pepboys,autozone,napa,carquest,partsplus)
because at those places if they say F off they will get fired

"It's all good until you actually talk to someone on the phone.
Customer service reps worst I've dealt with ever, they actually
hung up on me. Would not let me explain the issue, talked over me, did I say talked over me? Guy was a complete jerk,
very rude. I've maybe called twice in the last 6 years and those experiences were iffy as well, this one takes the cake.
I was ok with the online automated returns, but when I completed the automated line of questioning to process the return by answering to the best of my ability with the given choices, the end result was incorrect. It did give me a refund without having to ship back the part, but the reason listed for the
return was wrong. It was very clear someone stole the fuel pump out of the box and put a
similar replacement part back in to return for credit, I have worked in the industry for 40 years, this
is nothing new or surprising, and this was an older, closeout part that had obviously
not been checked. Not RA's fault, but there was no way to note this issue in the returns form.

As an honest consumer, I felt I was obligated to call Rock Auto and explain
the specific reason for the return That was a big mistake, the Rep was such an arse, it's 2
hours later and I still feel like crap. Thanks a bunch Rock Auto, you've got some honest
bad customer service reviews coming your way.

modified review This review was modified by JamalSpelling on July 26 2014 10:23:27 AM

"they sent parts for my car that didn't fit then want you to pay to return them would never order a thing from them in the future will go to amazon first"

modified review This review was modified by frank58 on July 15 2014 06:40:39 AM

"I purchased many items for my car and others from rockauto and I have received the wrong parts before, they weren't even for the right car. I also recently paid for a AC Compressor kit from them and within 4 months the compressor seized up and ended up snapping my serpentine belt. I had no choice but to pay the price of a new compressor at a local auto store because the car was not drivable anymore. Rockauto gave me a hard time about the compressor warranty but finally agreed to send me a new one but now the new one is worthless because I have already paid over $400 for one at a local store. I'd recommend partsgeek if you are going to buy auto parts."

modified review This review was modified by Jessemichael on July 12 2014 08:09:38 AM

"I had hard time finding a sensor for my Buick on there web site even called but had no luck. If you're looking for a online auto parts store that has real countermen answering questions over the phone with no waiting time check out
[ Sameday Auto Parts] . Just google it. The person on the phone even shipped it out to me for free.
www.sameday-autoparts.com

"Spend the extra money and go with a reputable company! RockAuto does not care about the customer nor do they stand behind their products. Their return policy is the worse I have ever dealt with shopping online. We will return to the local part store rather than take a chance of the big "rip off" of RockAuto - they are cheaper because they take no loss or guarantee no products - purchase at your own risk!"

modified review This review was modified by dmlip on July 02 2014 06:22:02 PM

"I read a lot of bad reviews online about RockAuto, but based on the fact that I really couldn't find anywhere else that could even begin to compete with their prices, I decided to take a gamble. I'm very pleased I did. I bought a set of 4 monroe shock absorbers for my 58 Buick, and I think even with shipping to the U.K it worked out cheaper for the whole lot, than just buying a pair of the same shocks in my own country. I saved around £100. I couldn't believe how fast they arrived either, less than a couple of weeks. Checked the parts, everything was there as I ordered it. I Will certainly be using them again in future."

modified review This review was modified by Jessbuick58 on June 28 2014 10:53:50 AM

"I live in Key West, Fl. There are two auto parts stores here and they have to order nearly everything and what they do have is way over priced. Rock auto ships faster and is cheaper. They have different quality parts which you can choose from and they all have fit and worked fine so far. I will continue to use rock auto in the future."

"Truly amazed by their service. WOW! I ordered a part for my 30 year old 911 porsche from them because the BOSCH part (made in Germany) is actually half as expensive as in Germany. I ordered the part on monday morning. Two hours later I realized that I might need two pieces, so I sent an email asking if they could extend the order. Shortly after I got a reply from customer service with another payment link and confirmation that the part was added. I used international priority shippment by fedex and prepaid the import duty. Believe it or not. Today (Wednesday) about 48h after ordering the parts from the west coast of the USA I hold the parts in my hands in Germany. Can only recommend RockAuto! They have good prices, friendly and fast customer service and are working in lightening speed. Perfect experience!"

modified review This review was modified by davidpowers84 on June 25 2014 02:54:51 AM

"Rockauto is just one more online retailer that does not care about their customers issues.
This customer in particular will go elsewhere for parts next time.
Rockauto, if you read these reviews, you may want to make some changes with your current policies, otherwise you will be in the same boat as Radioshack...
If I could give a negative rating, I would have.

modified review This review was modified by ibrauni on June 22 2014 02:38:02 AM

"I got 2 front wiper blades for a used 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country I just bought - about $15 (includes shipping) & was satified, but the other wiper blade for the rear window came repackaged & box taped - didn't fit with the plastic piece & couldn't make it fit (about $8 includes shipping) - can't see returning it for that price - will go to local stores to get right fit - the blade was correct, but plastic locking piece in separate small bag would work even after trying to file & cut - Roberk part #1012 for $1.22 - DO NOT PURCHASE for 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country"

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!