Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.73/10 5.73/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.42/10 2.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.55/10 3.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.42/10 1.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10

2015-10-22

"Bad place to do business.. Be ready to pay for return if parts don't fit or is not as it was supposed to be"

2015-10-15

"They jipped me and sent me the wrong parts. Their customer service is horrible!!!! They did not clearly label the car models so the sent me the wrong parts. They made me pay 45$ in shipping and 27$ to ship them back. Why is shipping to me 45$ so basically they stole 23$ in extra shipping and 27$ for me to ship it back. Return shipping should be free they sent me the wrong parts!!! I paid 330$ in parts and Only got back 250$ That's not ok! They stole my money! I called customer service and the first person I spoke to hung up on me and the second person I spoke with was very nasty. 6 months earlier I brought a clutch with in 4 moths of having it installed by mechanic the bearing in the clutch failed. So not only don they steal your money and provide crappy service but they also sell poor quality parts. They received my packages on Tuesday, I know because i tracked it with FedEx and they said i should have my refund with in 3 days of them receiving the package.... it is now Thursday and I was told I have to wait another 2-3 days to see my money. I am not happy at all and i will never shop here again!"

2015-10-15

"I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE PART A PURCHASED FROM ROCK AUTO. I WAS SENT THE WRONG PART AND WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE HALF OF THE SHIPPING COST. I NOT SENDING THE PART BACK BECAUSE I WAS INFORMED THAT THEY WOULD ONLY REIMBURSE ME APPROXIMATELY $8.00. THE TOTAL COST TO SHIP THE PART WAS $6.00 EACH WAY! THEY CLAIMED THAT THE PART SHOULD HAVE FIT MY HARLEY BUT WHEN MY MECHANIC SHOWED ME THE RIGHT PART AND THE PART SOLD BY ROCK -AUTO THEY WERE DIFFERENT. THE OIL SENSOR WASN'T EVEN FOR MY BIKE. AN ATTEMPT TO SPEAK WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE FELL ON DEAF EARS. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY RECEIVED AN A+ RATING FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN SCREWED BY ROCK-AUTO. LET ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND POTENTIAL CONSUMERS KNOW HOW TRULY SHADY THESE INDIVIDUALS TRULY ARE. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DENIED SENDING THE WRONG PART. SUBJECT WHO CLAIMED TO BE A MANAGER REFUSED TO GIVE AN ADDRESS WHERE A FORMAL COMPLAINT COULD BE LODGED. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME. WHAT YOU THINK YOU MIGHT SAVE WILL ONLY LEAD TO A BIG HEADACHE!"

2015-10-07

"My experience with RockAuto over the past year has been good. There was even one case where customer service was extremely helpful in replacing a distributor cap which would not fit on my engine. They replaced the part quickly and effectively. That's customer service.
I ordered a replacement window regulator motor for the passenger door of my GMC Jimmy. Installation requires that the OEM rivets be drilled out and replaced with bolts, which were supplied. Not an easy job, but I finished it right about the time the driver door window regulator motor failed. I went back to the RockAuto catalog and ordered the same part, from the same manufacturer, for the driver's door. The part arrived in a timely manner, minus the bolts for attachment to the regulator. I contacted customer service and they told me that this part was supplied without bolts. My question is in a series of emails and explained that the same part for the passenger door had been supplied with bolts. Several customer service representatives refused to supply the necessary hardware. Their website does not say one way or the other, whether bolts come with. My thinking is that if the first motor came with installation bolts, the other one should also. RockAuto was adamant in their refusal to do anything to make me happy about this purchase. So, for a dollar's worth of bolts, I am no longer a satisfied customer of theirs. I may use them in the future, but only after checking competitor websites and figuring the advantages. No more blind trust in RockAuto.

2015-10-02

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

They are a terrible service business!!!

I had a faulty part by them, they only offered a warranty replacement, but I did not want a replacement part since that specific part and brand failed!!! I wanted a return after 30 days!!!

They would not give it to me at all and service me the customer!!!

Any other business would of honored and made the exception to satisfy the customer!!!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by devildevil on October 02 2015 11:23:26 AM

2015-09-30

"Ordered oil filters from them, they sent incorrect parts (listed incorrectly on their website), AND they were damaged by poor packaging-their mistake, BUT-they refused to refund my shipping! I've used them many times in the past-but NEVER AGAIN!"

2015-09-28

"Wish there was a "Zero" star rating for how horrible this company is. I had to buy CV axles for my 2003 SVT Focus online since they are not a common vehicle and all parts are special ordered. I truly wish i would have read all of the reviews. Long story short, I ordered my parts Thursday early afternoon and paid 51 dollars for 2 day shipping so that i could have my parts by saturday. Tore the car apart Friday, tracked my order and it was not even processed yet and still in Los Angeles. Now i am in Washington state but figured that maybe the website was no up to date. Ok fine still waited and nothing came about that day. Parts showed up tuesday evening arounf 7 pm. so i was like that is bull crap, and i contacted "customer" service and got this emailed response:

"Hello,

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the shipping choices presented to you. We try to make the listings clear and concise. When shopping with us in the future, the "receive by" date listed is an accurate representation of when you should receive the order.

Shipping charges are only refundable if the return is due to our mistake. No, we will not refund your shipping (or any portion of it) in this case."

The funny thing was, it was only 10 bucks to ship and i would have had it wednesday, which still did me no good. I let them know that 4 1/2 days no matter how you look at it is not 2 days and said that i feel i should be discounted a portion of what i paid. Rude people many rude emails and frankly the worse online parts hub i have ever came across. do NOT be fooled by their claim for low prices

This review was modified by RickJames71 on September 28 2015 07:50:54 AM

2015-09-23

"Wish I had read these reviews first. Spent $1000+ in the month of September. One of my orders was for lug nuts. After entering the correct vehicle information several choices were presented to me. Unfortunately the lugs sent did not fit my vehicle. I had to order a set which was twice as expensive. Rock Auto refunded my account but charged me shipping both ways. I then called customer service to explain that the part did not fit. Customer service refused to credit me for the shipping. I asked for a modest discount on an order that had not yet shipped. I was told I should be getting 5% discount codes as a returning customer. Nope I wasn't. No offer to discount any of my current orders but was offered to "set me up for future orders". I'm now done with Rock Auto and am willing to pay more somewhere else that has better service. "

2015-09-22

"I placed an order and after checkout was completed these morons wrote me an email 2 days later stating that they apoligize but one of the parts was not in stock in the warehouse they thought it was. So if I want the part I would have to pay an additional $17.00 to have a $16.00 part shipped. How about taking some responsiblity, you screwed up by not keeping your website up to date. I will never use Rockauto again!!!!!! That cost should have been eaten by YOU, now you lost my entire order and any future orders, I hope the $17.00 was worth it. Not exactly a good business model."

This review was modified by NormanDEL on September 22 2015 04:00:56 PM

2015-09-21

""Lesson Learned". "Customer for years". "First return..." I can only echo the sentiment I wish I had (believed) headed. Until I ran into the same myself.

RockAuto-- Anyone with experience would understand you are a retailer, not a manufacturer. A defective part can happen. Not your fault. Not mine either. So why make it so difficult to keep a customer satisfied with a quick quality return? ... In my case I had to turn to another supplier to get the parts in time. Now RA is playing games not honoring their return policy. Really??? WT____ At least act like you're a real business..

This review was modified by ishamel on September 21 2015 07:44:45 PM

2015-09-20

"Been a RockAuto customer for years. Today was my first time to make a return. Lesson learned. I will never do business with RockAuto again. There are a lot of good suppliers out there, this place is not one of them. They're cheap but you eventually get what you pay for, never fails."

This review was modified by Silverad0056 on September 21 2015 05:11:47 AM

2015-09-16

"Warning to potential customers: Rockauto does not stand behind the parts they sell.
I recently purchased an ACDelco rebuilt steering gearbox from RockAuto, that after installation was found to have 35 degrees or better of input shaft movement before the pitman arm would move. Because there are two steering gearbox output shaft spline counts during the production of my vehicle, they claim I must have purchased the wrong part and refused to replace or refund the cost of the part. Anyone with some automotive experience will agree, that regardless of the application, if the gearbox has a 35 degree dead zone of the input shaft before the output shaft moves, it is defective. Any local parts warehouse would have replaced the part without question; with RockAuto you have to plead your case to someone who has little to no automotive repair experience and who likely only cares about their return statistics. When I escalated the issue, they supposedly talked with an engineer from the manufacturer, but would not let me talk to their contact. So the information they provide to the manufacturer is bias as it has been filtered and skewed in their favor. When I called the manufacture directly I received a different conclusion, I supplied RockAuto with that information including the case number for their referral but they would not budge from their stance.

This review was modified by srcarr52 on September 16 2015 01:20:16 PM

2015-09-08

"Do not buy from these people unless you are a mechanic! They will charge you to return parts! Ordered a wiper arm. First part did not have splines. Called customer service to arrange a return. explained problem. Rock Auto Rep said she would put note in system to verify splines before shipping. Second part, still no splines. Arranged return on-line and was told I would have to pay $6.31 for return shipping. Called customer service. Second rep says it is not supposed to have splines, it's soft metal and the splines are formed by compression. He knows this because he previously called the manufacturer. I already repaired with modified original part. Customer service rep says since part is not defective, shipping is on me not them. He is the customer service supervisor and it was my misfortune, by his admission, he answered my call and not one of his underlings. Don't bother to train your employees or put a note in your system or make your manufacturers include instructions - just charge the customer - that's easier for Rock Auto!"

This review was modified by Charlottesville on September 11 2015 06:49:55 AM

2015-09-05

"Rock auto may seem legit but when it comes to returns they gyp People off you have to pay shipping to receive witch is almost more then the part it's self then you have to pay shipping to return it so do not expect a pre-paid shipping label I paid $2-300$ in parts and the shipping came out to $335 now to return it is $335 I'm paying 670 in shipping cost for my items of $-2-300$ use CARID.com they have legit return and prepaid shipping cost. "

2015-09-03

"After I ordered my part for my truck I read reviews about rock auto. I was not impressed. However my part was as described and in good condition. The part was also the right part for my vehicle. The part was also about $75 chepar than anywhere else I could find in Green Bay, or on line. So far I would use them again."

This review was modified by Traviswallace on September 03 2015 10:05:12 PM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!