Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.31/10 3.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.81/10 3.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.44/10 2.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.

Return of damaged part

"Ordered a part and after receiving it, noticed shipping box has been torn at the corner.
Part was a heavy one and it have must been dropped and got out of its original box as well as the shipping one.
Tried to return the part as the condition can not be visually determined.
Online return process doesn't have option for damaged part, you need to pay for return shipping.
Called customer service and after trying MANY! different menu options finally got live person.
She tried to force me to use the part and install it on my vehicle convincing me that the part should be ok.
After my refusal that I do not want the part which was wrongly packed and may be damaged she said I can return it but need to pay for shipping it back.
Called again and spoke ( after PHONE MENU disaster ) with another person, same result, after stating that I will not pay for return shipping, he said they will not provide me shipping label as the part should be good.
I inform him that I can start resolving it with my Credit Card and he said that in this case they will not ship anything to me anymore.
One of the worst customer services I had deal with.

Advice:
Look at the Amazon for the parts.
Most of them had same prices and Amazon's customer service is excellent.

No customer service

"Ordered struts for lift gate, paid they fit my vehicle. They fit pressure was so high my wife could not close it. All they would do is replace the part with identical unit. Impossible to speak to live person.
Beware when they have your money it's over.

Fraud

"RockAuto.com company is fraud. Sent me the wrong parts and claim I have to pay restocking and reshipping and still they tell me they won't give me any refund.

Complete fraud! Checked the compatibility of my vehicle with parts even and they still sent the wrong parts claiming it was my mistake for ordering them even though the site said they were compatible.

2017-04-11

Loosing a customer over return shipping

"I ordered replacement brake hoses for my truck and when I attempted to install the hoses I found they do not fit my truck. The clearance is very close but it does not fit.

I was honest with their customer service and told them "Yes, it is the right part and acknowledged that it 'should' fit my truck, but they do not." After all of their questions I was told that I can return the part but since the manufacturer says it should fit, I have to pay the shipping. Their customer service rep. stated the estimate to return the part is $5 which I find absurd that RockAuto would be willing to loose a customer over $5!

I later realized had I lied to the customer service rep I might have received shipping label; instead my honesty is being held against me.

I asked to speak with a supervisor but was told that I could not. The customer service rep. stated she could pass along the information to a supervisor but if there was nothing overlooked the supervisor would NOT call me back. She said she didn't want to waste my time. I'm not sure she realized how much of my time RockAuto has wasted already. In the mean time my truck sits on jack stands!

2017-04-07

Robbers .

"cheated me out of my money and parts

"I order a ac compressor from rockauto. When it was sent to me it already looked used. It was the wrong part. When I sent it back they told me that the part was used and the will keep the part and not refund my money. This is a crappy way to treat customers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!"

2017-04-04

Questionable parts integrity

"A large portion of ordering parts from companies like rock auto is trust, in that you are going to receive the correct parts for your vehicle. I have ordered from rock auto in the past and have been pleased but my most recent purchase has set me back quite a bit. A simple Brake and rotor replacement turned into a nearly complete overhaul of my steering system, suspension and yes, brakes all because of incorrect rotors. The torque created from the incorrect part caused caused unnecessary pressure on the pitman arm and bent that. Tie rod ends and ball joints needed replaced as well as the rotors and brake pads. End result, a huge bill and no way to recoupe the loss. If you are going to use a company like Rock Auto, know what you are doing. Understand that the opportunity is very present to receive the incorrect part and shipping times cannot be 100% guaranteed. My suggestion, use a reputable mechanic and realize the cost savings in time and unnecessary rework. "

2017-04-03

Great Prices Disappointing Customer Service

"We love to order from Rock Auto because they have great prices, however we have had shipping issues with the company on multiple occasions. As a business reliability is key to our scheduling and work flow. When we finally called the last time after paying $38 for two day shipping on a Monday and did not receive the part until Friday the company did the absolute bare minimum "to make it right." Consistency and customer service could use some serious improvement. "

2017-04-03

Very unsatisfied!

"I ordered two leaf springs and a drive shaft.I waited several days past the projected shipment date only to receive a drive shaft and one leaf spring. I continued to call and inquire about the other leaf spring which they assured me was in transit. After several weeks they informed me that the other leaf spring was lost in shipping and that I would have to wait several more days for them to file for a lost part with fedex instead of shipping me another part. After this was all resolved I waited two more weeks with the truck still in the shop for the new leaf spring. When it arrived one of the clips that holds the leaf spring together was broke off! I had to weld a new one on just to get the truck back on the road. I called customer service and was on hold forever! They said they would send me another one as long as the other one was in its original condition (not welded). I will never go through this headache again! Extreamly unhappy, they don't even deserve one star. I will never order a part from them again!"

2017-03-30

waited for parts 4 days to arrive then received 3/4 of partsright... they **** an thats it.

"argued with zachry over phone about shipping correct part an his bs story was refund or store credit... how about shipping correct part over night an quality control while your at it... nope forget customer service.wont be using rock auto anymore."

2017-03-30

Previously opened parts

"Not the first time I've gotten a shipment that had parts that had obviously been opened before. Really frustrating that they waste your time like that."

2017-03-29

Don't pay for over night.

"I paid for next business day shipping they shipped it 2 day shipping. Thief's!"

2017-03-27

Always get what we need at the best price!

" Order all the time from Rock Auto. We always feel good about dealing with them! "

2017-03-24

A happy customer for over 7 years.

"I have been buying about 3/4 of my auto parts ( I own 5 well-used cars!), and have had 100% positive experience. Their catalog is awesome, the quality of the parts fine ( you can pick from economy to premium, to OEM depending on your budget ) , I have spoken to customer support with good results, for example, I got a warranty replacement headlight with no problem. I can shop for parts at 10 pm, place an order, and have UPS or Fedex deliver them within a few days, most of the time. In my opinion, a really good way to go if you can plan ahead, and wait a few days. "

Rockauto is great

"Even I need quality parts at a better price than the parts stores in the area, I turn to Rockauto.com.
When I am given a shipping estimate, it always arrives early. Have not had any problems with compatability of replacement parts.
I do recommend them to my friends.

Terrible

"Tried to return the product that did not fit. Wasn't even close to the same part that was needed. I sent it back was told it was non-refundable because the box was damaged not the part the Box. I guess the box is worth more than the parts."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!