Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) Reviews - page 4 - ritzcamera.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.17/10 272 reviews

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member
Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Very poor customer service. I ordered a Casio EX-H10 camera and a flash card. I did recieve the flash card but not the camera. On the order status for camera its said 1 item sent to warehouse, is it backordered or what? Everytime I call a customer service person they said it was ready to ship, not! I've been calling them to cancell the camera in the last 2 weeks and has not been done yet. Stay away from RITZ Camera!"

"Worst. Online. Store. Ever.

So here's my story. I had an item that was backordered at TigerDirect.

Ritz Camera website said they had it in stock, and I called them to check. the sales rep REPEATEDLY assured me the item was in stock. So I ordered it with him, and canceled with Tiger.

The next day, someone else called me to "verify" my order, and basically had me repeat the same info again. WTF? Anyway that person also assured me it was in stock. Repeatedly.

Now comes the epic fail. I get an email this morning from these clowns that the item has been DISCONTINUED. That's right. They don't even sell it anymore. This was ONE DAY after they promised me it was in stock and would ship out in 24 hours!

Thanks for adding to my holiday stress, Ritz!

Honestly, I don't know how these jokers stay in business when there are companies out there like newegg and B&H who know what they're doing. Maybe it's everyone's grandmas still developing their film here?

Anyway. Stay away. The low prices on google shopping are LIES!

modified review This review was modified by eric1013 on December 12 2010 02:43:52 PM

"I had a terrible experience with this vendor and their CSR. I made my last purchase at Ritz camera and will warn all others away from this online retailer. I ordered the popular Sony A55 digital camera package on black friday.
first I have a minor concern that they would not send me an email confirmation... I even called to ask for one, twice, and never received it. I needed it to use with my squaretrade warranty that I purchased. I still have never received a receipt or online confirmation
second, a more importantly, this item came with black friday special of a 7"LCD photo photo frame in the ad. I never received this camera.
I made repeated calls to CS about this, each person telling me that I would get the frame in a couple of days. Well it never arrived. Upon calling back again, the CSR just tells me that this camera never had the free LCD frame with it.
luckily I had a screenshot of their exact offer I had made in case I needed to use it to get a warranty online. I sent them that screenshot and they didn't care in the slightest. said I am just not going to get the frame. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said I can't speak to one. and that i should call back some other time. complete BS.
I returned a camera I used for a month to Adorama with no problem whatsoever.
Ritz camera really really sucks. stay far away.

"DO NOT ORDER FROM RITZ CAMERA! This company is complete fail. I pre-ordered a d7000 from them on oct 17th. 44 days later the camera was still not delivered. I then receive a phone call from my credit card company for authorization (which i approved) ritz then tells me the camera is still back ordered. I cancelled the order and bought it elsewhere (order cancelled on 11-26 at 11 am)

I was told I would receive a confirmation on the cancellation within 5 mins via email. No confirmation came. I contacted them and told them this, and was told I would receive the cancellation confirmation within 24-48 hours at this point. I contacted their company 3 times over the next 48 hours. No confirmation received. 72 hours later, on 11-29 they ship the camera.

What is truly sad is, I had already ordered the camera elsewhere and received it before they could even process the cancellation. They have charged me, and shipped a camera I cancelled three days earlier.

again

DO NOT ORDER YOUR CAMERA FROM RITZ CAMERA.

This company is a joke, and completely failed.

"I placed an order for the Sony A55 from Ritz because they were the only retailer that had this popular camera in stock and that were also an authorized Sony retailer. I didn't read the reviews of ritzcamera.com before placing the order. If I had I probably would not have ordered. That would have been a mistake. Everything with my transaction went smoothly. The camera shipped within 24 hours with a tracking number and everything arrived in order and as described. It seems a lot of the complaints on here either have to do with their practice of calling people to verify billing info, reporting out of stock items as in stock or not informing customers of shipping delays, or their outsourced telephone support. When I placed my order the camera was listed as being in stock, immediately after I ordered the website stated it was out of stock. It appears their inventory management is pretty accurate, at least in my case. I did not receive any phone calls requiring any confirmation of billing info. I received an email confirmation rather quickly. The order shipped the next morning. The times I did use their online chat I found the support reps to be professional and fluent in English. Maybe their telephone support is worse, idk. Anyway just thought I'd give a positive review to balance the negative ones. I am glad I received the right product and have no need to return anything. It does appear they are not the most responsive when it comes to RMAs. Also I'm not a fan of the 15% restocking fee. "

"BEWARE RITZCAMERA.COM!! I ordered SPEAKER WIRE from them and was shipped the WRONG PRODUCT!! Their customer service is farmed out to INDIA! I called them, and after no follow-up response, I called them back and was told there was no record of the initial call. I fumed, and was given the corporate phone in IRVINE, CA. My call was dumped into general mailbox voice mail, with no follow-up response. DO NOT GET SUCKED IN BY LOW PRICES FROM RITZCAMERA.COM. They operate a shoddy non customer service oriented internet business, and should be BANNED!"

"I thought for some reason the Ritz was a reputable camera store. I was wrong..
I placed an order for a Nikon D7000 body when their site showed that it was in stock and shipping within 24 hours. The confirmation email I received stated that the body was "in stock and reserved".
Several days later, it hadn't shipped, so I used their "live chat" to check on my order. The rep who I spoke with told me that the body was not in stock and they didn't have an estimated delivery date, just that it would ship "soon". I cancelled my order.
In short, Ritz flat-out lied about whether the item was in stock. Absolutely terrible. I will avoid them on principle for any future purchases of any nature.

"I placed an order for a Nikon D7000 which was listed in stock at the time I placed my order. I requested overnight shipping. I never received any order confirmation (although the order was visible on the site). By 7PM on the day it was supposed to ship I hadn't received any order confirmation nor any tracking number indicating the camera had shipped. I contacted Ritz and was told that the camera was out of stock (despite it being listed as in stock at the time I placed the order) and that my order had effectively turned into a pre-order.

I didn't find these reviews until after I had placed the order, but I can say that my experience mirrored the others you see here. Do not order from Ritz Camera, there are much better alternatives that don't play these sorts of games.

"I decided to purchase some Monster Cable Quick Lock connectors from Ritz Camera since they had the best price.

I submitted all my information online and received an order confirmation email almost immediately.

A few days later, I received a phone call from "Daniel" stating that I would need to call Ritz Camera to confirm my billing address.

I called back and was on hold for about 15-20 minutes.

Then I tried the Live Chat feature on their website and almost immediately got a reply from someone. I asked if they could help me out and provided them the same address that I provided when I placed the order. They said the information would be forwarded to the billing department and that my order would ship soon.

A few days later I received another call from Daniel stating to give them a call back to confirm my billing address.

I called back again and stayed on hold for about 10 minutes this time. Finally someone answered and oddly enough it sounded just like Daniel. Do they only have 1 person answering phones? I guess that would explain the amount of time you spend waiting for someone to answer.

Anyway, after I provided my name and order number the rep asked for my billing address. I explained it was the same as what he has there in front of him and I even read it off again. He said that the only thing the system was recognizing was my zip code and then asked for my bank information. I told him that this is ridiculous and to cancel my order because I would order from somewhere else. He put me on hold and returned a few seconds later and tried to get me to provide the information again. I again, told him to cancel the order and he said I would be receiving a cancellation email and then hung up on me.

I would never do business with Ritz Camera or recommend them to anyone.

I should have just placed my order through B&H Photo and paid the extra $15 for peace of mind and complete customer satisfaction.

Ritz Camera is a joke.

Rating 4/102/5

"I have been very disappointed so far. I ordered garmin nuvi 1350t. The price was very good. I have not been able to find the status of the order on online. It says something like order does not exist. The website said it would ship in 1-2 bus. days. Nothing yet and it has been 5. I have called 3 times to find out where it is. they say is ships from manufacturer but they have yet to provide me a tracking number. The man I spoke to today said I would have a tracking number today(friday the 15th) Now the website said that the item is out of stock. I do not think I will shop here again. UPDATE... I did receive an email telling my package has shipped but no tracking number and still could not track it via Ritz website. I did get the order on Tuesday the 18th and everything worked as it should."

modified review This review was modified by spreighmen on October 20 2010 07:37:24 PM

"I recently placed my first and last order with Ritz. I ordered an item listed as in stock 7 days ago (5 business days) and it still has not shipped. My credit card was immediately charged despite the item not shipping. I ordered the item from Ritz because it was lited as in stock and a few dollars cheaper than Amazon. I should have known better and will learn from my mistake in the future. This has been very frustrating as I am preparing to leave for a 5 week trip. The customer service has been poor and no help. Plauged with long wait times, multiple disconnects, Indian accents and a general lack of knowledge, their customer service is a waste of time. They merely recite the boilerplate status update that I can read for myself on their site. I can read that my order has been sent to the warehouse thank you, why has it not shipped? They have been unable to provide me with any reason for the unusal delay. Overall I am very dissatisfied and would strongly discourage shopping at Ritz with so many other viable options like Amazon, B&H or Adorama."

"I will never buy from Ritz Camera again. Ordered 5 camera batteries for a remote trip to the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. Web site said they were in stock and ship in one to two days. Ten days later they have not even shipped. I leave in one day for this trip, and now have a big problem to deal with."

"Although I did not have need to test their customer service with a problem, my order went through without a hitch. The item was shipped the day after I ordered it, and it arrived without any problems. I had a pre and post order question, and each time I connected with livechat very quickly, and my questions were answered. They may have improved their service after all of the negative reviews."

"This is the WORST online experience. I ordered an Sd-8A Nikon battery pack. I needed it rushed delivered for about $30 extra dollars. The total came to $222.95. I received a Nikon SD-8 which is a totally different product. The packing slip said SD-8A, so it was of course their fault. I called and talked with a lady in customer service who tried to tell me they were the SAME product...and that I actually got what i ordered, which I had not. After some fighting, I got a return slip and sent it back. And now I just got an email that said that I had been reimbursed $166.60!!! They didn't refund my express shipping charge and they charged me a restocking fee...totaling $56.35. I feel like I've been robbed and highly discourage anyone from using this place. Their phone customer service is pretty much useless, as you'll sit on hold for 20 min and get disconnected. "

"Bought a Lensbaby from Ritz, chose them since they gave Bing cashback. The lens came really quickly and works great.

I've got no complaints about Ritz and would probably use them again if I found something at a decent price there. I wouldn't go out of my way to shop there though.