• Address: RitzCamera.com PO Box 19705 Irvine, CA 92623-9705
    • Phone: 1-877-690-0099
    • Customer Support: 1-877-690-0099
    • Business Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    • Fax: 1-877-552-2244

"Don't count on getting your order in a timely manner nor honest customer service. I placed an order for an item that was supposed to ship in 1 to 2 business days according to the website. After 1 week, I called and was told that it was being shipped from the manufacturer and would take longer. After two weeks, I was told it had shipped and I would get an e-mail with a tracking number. Two days later no such e-mail so I called to cancle the order. I was told it would take 24-48 hours to cancel the order. Five days later it was still not canceled. I called again and was told that they would escalate the cancellation. One week later the order still was not cancele. Again I was told that the cancellation would be escalated. Two days later, the order shipped and the charge was placed on my credit card. I was told that I have to refuse the package and wait for a refund until they have the package back. I will never do business with Riz Camera online again. They lie to their customers and do not deliver in a timely manner. "

"The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. First off, I ordered a camera before the deadline to receive it by Christmas. I not only didn't get it by Christmas, but nobody could tell me any shipping or tracking numbers. This was after two separate phone calls and online instant messaging with customer-no-service. I called and cancelled my order, I was suppose to get a confirmation # via email, I never got it and before I could call and cancel it again, I get an email saying it shipped. Now I'm stuck with having to return the camera and pay for the shipping to do so. What a joke! Save your time and money and go elsewhere."

"Ritz camera ruined our christmas. Item was promised in 48 hours, did not arrive. ATTENTION, RITZ CAMERA.COM OR RITZINTERACTIVE IS BREAKING FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION LAWS BLATANTLY IN MUCH MORE WAYS THAN ONE.I am looking to file a group complaint with the FTC for them violating the FTC Mail and Telephone Merchandise Rule...which does include the internet as well. If you were promised your order to be shipped in a certain time span and it wasnt, thats a violation. If they didnt notify you that the shipping promise had changed for any reason, thats a violation. If they did not notify you of any of these and did not immediately cancel your order, thats a violation. If they had your item listed as "in stock" when it was backordered and did not let you know via email,telephone, etc, violation. The list goes on. Ritzcamera.com is in violation of EVERY SINGLE aspect of the FTCs MandTMR. I you have had this happen to you email me at Surfaceconsumption@yahoo.com and give me some backround on the situation. It doesnt matter if this happened years ago, it still applies and Ritz Camera.com can be fined up to 16,000 dollars for every consumer found to be included in the violation as well as prosecuted by local law enforcement. I am not an attorney, I am a consumer and after seeing that nearly every single review on here and others are horrible, something needs to be done. Ritzcamera.com was found guilty for bribing people to provide positive reviews on Amazon.com in 2008, this company needs to be stopped, help me help you. "

"I too, have had the worst customer service experience ever with this company. I ordered 3 items, and one was backordered (which I do not remember it saying when I ordered). Doing this more than 3 weeks before Christmas, I thought I was okay--even if the camera didn't come through, the other 2 items would be shipped right? Wrong. After 2 phone calls, live chat, and an email I'm pretty sure I have not talked to anyone who speaks English and just reads from a script. PLUS I got hung up on. Way to go CameraWorld! After all my interaction with them, nothing has been shipped still. I would never, ever order from here again."

"Probably my worst on-line shopping experience ever. Where to begin....I ordered a Nikon D7000 "kit" that included two lenses, camera bag etc. All were listed as in stock when order was placed. About four days later, nothing had shipped, so I stated inquiring. Initially I was told that because it was shipping from a different warehouse they could give me no information about when it would ship. I should have taken the hint and canceled the order there. Then a few days later, they sent me an e-mail saying that my order had been canceled because the product was not in stock (even though web site listed it as still in stock). I called to inquire what was up, I was told that my order could be reinstated, and that the camera would ship in a day or two. Ok, fine I thought. Well after a few days I received notice that my order had shipped, great I thought. Then I received an e-mail saying that the order had been canceled, I called them again and learned that the camera body and one lens were canceled, but they had shipped the second lens. I told them that (not surprisingly) I did not want a lens w/o the camera. They assured me that the shipment would be canceled, but that if I received it, I should refuse shipment. It was supposedly shipped "signature required" so I thought that thus was ok. No luck, the package containing the lens was on my doorstep when I returned yesterday. Ritzcamera has charged me for the full amount (cost of camera body, plus two lenses) even though they only sent me the lens that I never ordered.

This has been so frustrating to waste all this time on this order and people at Ritzcamera don't seem at all concerned about my problems.

I strongly recommend avoiding Ritzcamera.com!

"Very poor customer service. I ordered a Casio EX-H10 camera and a flash card. I did recieve the flash card but not the camera. On the order status for camera its said 1 item sent to warehouse, is it backordered or what? Everytime I call a customer service person they said it was ready to ship, not! I've been calling them to cancell the camera in the last 2 weeks and has not been done yet. Stay away from RITZ Camera!"

"The WORST online experience EVER. I'm too upset to even go into detail but these guys are horrible. Good luck if you try to order from them!!!"

"Worst. Online. Store. Ever.

So here's my story. I had an item that was backordered at TigerDirect.

Ritz Camera website said they had it in stock, and I called them to check. the sales rep REPEATEDLY assured me the item was in stock. So I ordered it with him, and canceled with Tiger.

The next day, someone else called me to "verify" my order, and basically had me repeat the same info again. WTF? Anyway that person also assured me it was in stock. Repeatedly.

Now comes the epic fail. I get an email this morning from these clowns that the item has been DISCONTINUED. That's right. They don't even sell it anymore. This was ONE DAY after they promised me it was in stock and would ship out in 24 hours!

Thanks for adding to my holiday stress, Ritz!

Honestly, I don't know how these jokers stay in business when there are companies out there like newegg and B&H who know what they're doing. Maybe it's everyone's grandmas still developing their film here?

Anyway. Stay away. The low prices on google shopping are LIES!

modified review This review was modified by eric1013 on December 12 2010 02:43:52 PM

"I had a terrible experience with this vendor and their CSR. I made my last purchase at Ritz camera and will warn all others away from this online retailer. I ordered the popular Sony A55 digital camera package on black friday.
first I have a minor concern that they would not send me an email confirmation... I even called to ask for one, twice, and never received it. I needed it to use with my squaretrade warranty that I purchased. I still have never received a receipt or online confirmation
second, a more importantly, this item came with black friday special of a 7"LCD photo photo frame in the ad. I never received this camera.
I made repeated calls to CS about this, each person telling me that I would get the frame in a couple of days. Well it never arrived. Upon calling back again, the CSR just tells me that this camera never had the free LCD frame with it.
luckily I had a screenshot of their exact offer I had made in case I needed to use it to get a warranty online. I sent them that screenshot and they didn't care in the slightest. said I am just not going to get the frame. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said I can't speak to one. and that i should call back some other time. complete BS.
I returned a camera I used for a month to Adorama with no problem whatsoever.
Ritz camera really really sucks. stay far away.

"DO NOT ORDER FROM RITZ CAMERA! This company is complete fail. I pre-ordered a d7000 from them on oct 17th. 44 days later the camera was still not delivered. I then receive a phone call from my credit card company for authorization (which i approved) ritz then tells me the camera is still back ordered. I cancelled the order and bought it elsewhere (order cancelled on 11-26 at 11 am)

I was told I would receive a confirmation on the cancellation within 5 mins via email. No confirmation came. I contacted them and told them this, and was told I would receive the cancellation confirmation within 24-48 hours at this point. I contacted their company 3 times over the next 48 hours. No confirmation received. 72 hours later, on 11-29 they ship the camera.

What is truly sad is, I had already ordered the camera elsewhere and received it before they could even process the cancellation. They have charged me, and shipped a camera I cancelled three days earlier.

again

DO NOT ORDER YOUR CAMERA FROM RITZ CAMERA.

This company is a joke, and completely failed.

"I placed an order for the Sony A55 from Ritz because they were the only retailer that had this popular camera in stock and that were also an authorized Sony retailer. I didn't read the reviews of ritzcamera.com before placing the order. If I had I probably would not have ordered. That would have been a mistake. Everything with my transaction went smoothly. The camera shipped within 24 hours with a tracking number and everything arrived in order and as described. It seems a lot of the complaints on here either have to do with their practice of calling people to verify billing info, reporting out of stock items as in stock or not informing customers of shipping delays, or their outsourced telephone support. When I placed my order the camera was listed as being in stock, immediately after I ordered the website stated it was out of stock. It appears their inventory management is pretty accurate, at least in my case. I did not receive any phone calls requiring any confirmation of billing info. I received an email confirmation rather quickly. The order shipped the next morning. The times I did use their online chat I found the support reps to be professional and fluent in English. Maybe their telephone support is worse, idk. Anyway just thought I'd give a positive review to balance the negative ones. I am glad I received the right product and have no need to return anything. It does appear they are not the most responsive when it comes to RMAs. Also I'm not a fan of the 15% restocking fee. "

"I will never order from Ritz again and will always talk down about them. I made a order for a camera, realized it wasn't the best decision and called to cancel it. Talked to "Tony Montana" from India and went through the process in a very normal way with no problems. After everything was said and done he told me I shou...ld receive a email within 24 hours of the order cancel. The next day I get a txt/email saying my credit card was just billed for the camera and then a little bit later another stating that it was shipped. Called again got the run around this time and when I asked for a Case Number so I had proof THIS conversation happened he would not give me one and just told me I had to send it back and they would refund the money. Not happy and now I'm stuck with a payment for something that I was told was taken care of. Yes it was my fault for the purchase. But when he flat out lied to me that it was taken care of and canceled there's a problem."

"The absolute worse experience I have EVER had ordering a big ticket item online.
The "LIVE HELP" is bogus! I soent an hour trying to get someone to confirm my order and got disconnected 3 times.
I tried for several hours to connect with a human via phone..to no avail. Was on hold on and off all day and just got put on hold to their parent company.
I tried several emails to confirm they actually finally cancelled my order and have not gotten a answer in 24 hours.
I have never been treated in such a negative manner by any other camera store.
Would highly recommend staying away from this company AND Ritz Camera. (this compay is affiliated with Ritz).

"They made a mistake, but resolved it in a fair and professional matter. Thank you."

modified review This review was modified by dgilliams on November 18 2010 02:52:00 PM

"The worst in costomer service on the web. Ordered a TV, they canceled the order shortly after. Poor excuse of a company. No wonder there are several bad reviews. They are all true. Don't bother with these guys."

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member
Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!