• Rating 3.17/10 272 reviews

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member
    Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Absolutely terrible. They have terrible customer service, did not have the item purchased, lied as to when it would get here over the phone and via email. Avoid this seller!"

"I ordered a camera that was supposedly in stock and ready to ship. After nearly a week, the camera still hadn't shipped. I tried three times (voice, email, chat) to cancel the order. Nope! It showed up anyway, though I received no shipping confirmation nor tracking info.

I was to told to refuse the shipment, which I did. Three days after they received it back, still no credit. I contested the charges with my CC company, so I know I'll get satisfaction.

But here's the bottom line: AVOID RITZCAMERA.COM AT ALL COSTS. I would give them zero stars for all but price if I could.

modified review This review was modified by lalldrin on March 08 2011 11:04:56 AM

"Run away from this place! I ordered a camera kit SLR1231 that included a Nikon D7000 w/ 18-105mm lens, 70-300mm VR lens and free camera bag. Total order was $1889.98Everything went fine until the order showed up and t. he camera wound up being defective. This is where the fun began. I was told I have to send EVERYTHING back including the 70-300mm lens due to instant rebate on that lens that was only valid with purchase of the camera. I received an rma # and shipping label and returned everything as instructed. I received credit for $1500.08, shorting me 398.00!! The difference being the 70-300mm lens. I requested my money back or the lens back with no luck. To date I have not been able to get my money back and have filed complaint with BBB. Ritz will not talk with me about the issue. They either disconnect chat session or hang up on me. STAY FAR AWAY!! BUYER BEWARE!!!! I wish I would have found this site first before placing my order. "

"HORRIBLE customer service and DECEITFUL COMPANY!! The item I bought was refurbished and I had no idea. They didn't say anything at the time of purchase and wrote it in TINY print in an e-mailed invoice after the fact just to cover themselves. I find this so deceitful and dishonest. They completely tricked me. I've returned the item in January and have been trying to get my money back since but they've hung up on me 3 times (supposedly by accident). Finally, when I got someone they told me it would take an additional 78 days to contact someone in the warehouse and process the refund. SERIOUSLY? I just set up a dispute with my cc and I'm hoping this complete nightmare experience ends soon. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!"

"Bad bad customer service. Lie to their customers and snail pace shipping. They should be closed. "

"Ordering a simple lens and lens hood on ritzcamera.com has been the most painful online ordering experiences I've had. It took 3 phone calls to customer service and 2 online chats just to confirm my address and process my payment (all the same as what i originally put on the web form), then I find out a week after the order that it will take 2 more weeks to even ship from the warehouse!!! It was supposedly in stock when I ordered it! After all is complete it looks like it will take nearly a month just to get my order!"

"DO NOT ORDER FROM RITZCAMERA.COM. Fell for the D7000 in stock. 5 days so far and no camera. I stupidly assumed that they were affiliated with the brick and mortar store. Tried to cancel my order 6 times and got the same message from what sounded like the same individual but with different name. Today call #6 they stated that it was shipped and gave me a tracking#. No such # on FedEx site after 24 hrs. Hope I am not out $1000. Called my CC company to dispute. DO NOT ORDER FROM RITZCAMERA.COM."

"for those who were trying to purchase the D7000 from them, I too was a victim of being lied. I ordered the product on 01/12/2011 seeing that it was "in stock" on their website. about less than a week later i called them to update for my status. They were saying, "oh sorry but its on back-order right now please wait a few 2-3 days for it to come in...and since you ordered it a while back, you will have priority in receiving it." I call the following week "which was yesterday" and was told that it was being processed and being ready to ship...I called today and asked my status and out of know where, my order was canceled?! so i call again in 15 minutes because i couldn't believe it...and the lady told me that my order will be shipped out very soon. I was very relieved to hear this, but then 5 minutes later, she contacts me to say that it has indeed been canceled...I had enough with this and decided to cancel my order.

Another problem i have is that they said they don't charge your card until the item ships, and what did you know my card has been charged since last week and today they tell me that they shouldn't have charged my card since it only charges when it ships and that my order was canceled too. Now they tell me to wait 2-3 days to check the status of my bank account... very frustrating...

sorry for the long review, but if you decide to buy from them, you have been warned about all the problems that i have and currently going through and what others had experienced as well.

modified review This review was modified by drew3000 on January 25 2011 02:07:48 PM

"The worst customer service ever. D7000 I was told instock, with 2 day delivery. After 48 hrs still not shiped,then tried to call...NOT very easy to call them. Disconnect 4 times. Then they hung up on me twice. After the run around I told them to cancel my order. But they cant ,they have to forward it to another incompetent person. And now after I told them to cancel my order they shipped it. And I already got it coming from another company. So after months of waiting to find one D7000 I have two on the way. I would not order a lense cap from them! Wish I could give them 1/4 stars total"

modified review This review was modified by retail on January 17 2011 06:12:21 PM

"Ritz advertised D7000 body in-stock. Confirmed by phone and placed order by phone and was told that order would ship within 48 hours. Some 4 days later and no shipped order, I phoned to find out why only to be told it was back-ordered. Now to be clear, I had chatted with Ritz representatives that after 24 hours through 72 hours trying to determine if my order would ship soon. I always got the run around. "orders ship from our ware houses" and we cannot tell you when.

I am now getting the same run around in trying to cancel my order. Reps cannot cancel order but need to forward a request. They cannot give me any confirmation ID or reference number. They are totally deceptive and it is total B.S. AVOID THEM!!!!!!

"Don't count on getting your order in a timely manner nor honest customer service. I placed an order for an item that was supposed to ship in 1 to 2 business days according to the website. After 1 week, I called and was told that it was being shipped from the manufacturer and would take longer. After two weeks, I was told it had shipped and I would get an e-mail with a tracking number. Two days later no such e-mail so I called to cancle the order. I was told it would take 24-48 hours to cancel the order. Five days later it was still not canceled. I called again and was told that they would escalate the cancellation. One week later the order still was not cancele. Again I was told that the cancellation would be escalated. Two days later, the order shipped and the charge was placed on my credit card. I was told that I have to refuse the package and wait for a refund until they have the package back. I will never do business with Riz Camera online again. They lie to their customers and do not deliver in a timely manner. "

"The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. First off, I ordered a camera before the deadline to receive it by Christmas. I not only didn't get it by Christmas, but nobody could tell me any shipping or tracking numbers. This was after two separate phone calls and online instant messaging with customer-no-service. I called and cancelled my order, I was suppose to get a confirmation # via email, I never got it and before I could call and cancel it again, I get an email saying it shipped. Now I'm stuck with having to return the camera and pay for the shipping to do so. What a joke! Save your time and money and go elsewhere."

"Ritz camera ruined our christmas. Item was promised in 48 hours, did not arrive. ATTENTION, RITZ CAMERA.COM OR RITZINTERACTIVE IS BREAKING FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION LAWS BLATANTLY IN MUCH MORE WAYS THAN ONE.I am looking to file a group complaint with the FTC for them violating the FTC Mail and Telephone Merchandise Rule...which does include the internet as well. If you were promised your order to be shipped in a certain time span and it wasnt, thats a violation. If they didnt notify you that the shipping promise had changed for any reason, thats a violation. If they did not notify you of any of these and did not immediately cancel your order, thats a violation. If they had your item listed as "in stock" when it was backordered and did not let you know via email,telephone, etc, violation. The list goes on. Ritzcamera.com is in violation of EVERY SINGLE aspect of the FTCs MandTMR. I you have had this happen to you email me at Surfaceconsumption@yahoo.com and give me some backround on the situation. It doesnt matter if this happened years ago, it still applies and Ritz Camera.com can be fined up to 16,000 dollars for every consumer found to be included in the violation as well as prosecuted by local law enforcement. I am not an attorney, I am a consumer and after seeing that nearly every single review on here and others are horrible, something needs to be done. Ritzcamera.com was found guilty for bribing people to provide positive reviews on Amazon.com in 2008, this company needs to be stopped, help me help you. "

"I too, have had the worst customer service experience ever with this company. I ordered 3 items, and one was backordered (which I do not remember it saying when I ordered). Doing this more than 3 weeks before Christmas, I thought I was okay--even if the camera didn't come through, the other 2 items would be shipped right? Wrong. After 2 phone calls, live chat, and an email I'm pretty sure I have not talked to anyone who speaks English and just reads from a script. PLUS I got hung up on. Way to go CameraWorld! After all my interaction with them, nothing has been shipped still. I would never, ever order from here again."

"Probably my worst on-line shopping experience ever. Where to begin....I ordered a Nikon D7000 "kit" that included two lenses, camera bag etc. All were listed as in stock when order was placed. About four days later, nothing had shipped, so I stated inquiring. Initially I was told that because it was shipping from a different warehouse they could give me no information about when it would ship. I should have taken the hint and canceled the order there. Then a few days later, they sent me an e-mail saying that my order had been canceled because the product was not in stock (even though web site listed it as still in stock). I called to inquire what was up, I was told that my order could be reinstated, and that the camera would ship in a day or two. Ok, fine I thought. Well after a few days I received notice that my order had shipped, great I thought. Then I received an e-mail saying that the order had been canceled, I called them again and learned that the camera body and one lens were canceled, but they had shipped the second lens. I told them that (not surprisingly) I did not want a lens w/o the camera. They assured me that the shipment would be canceled, but that if I received it, I should refuse shipment. It was supposedly shipped "signature required" so I thought that thus was ok. No luck, the package containing the lens was on my doorstep when I returned yesterday. Ritzcamera has charged me for the full amount (cost of camera body, plus two lenses) even though they only sent me the lens that I never ordered.

This has been so frustrating to waste all this time on this order and people at Ritzcamera don't seem at all concerned about my problems.

I strongly recommend avoiding Ritzcamera.com!