Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) Reviews - page 2 - ritzcamera.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.17/10 272 reviews

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member
Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"In reading several others' reviews, I find I am not alone in my disappointment with the customer service I have (not) recieved from Ritzcamera.com. As others experienced, I also placed an order for an 'in stock' item, and recieved notification 4 days later that there had been a delay in the shipment of my item. After inquiry, they clerk informed me the camera was backordered, and no expedited shipping was available from Ritz. I will repost if/after I receive the camera."

"Horrible experience here. Last month, received my order with only one of the items ordered, though the packing slip said two were included. Called customer service and was told they'd have to check with someone to see if two items were sent. I told them two items weren't sent, whatever the packing slip said. I opened the box myself, and only one was there. They said they'd get back to me. After a week, I sent an email to customer service, asking for a prompt response. I waited another week, and no response. Called customer service again today, and was given the same runaround as the first time.

My items this time weren't big (wooden letters), but there's no way I would ever trust them with a bigger order. I will stay far away from ritz when I buy my next camera lens.

"the worst service ever, ordered a flash with the batteries, but only batteries arrived and I had to fight with them for weeks for the other order and so far no f....result. the worst customer service ever!"

"Was a little taken back by the horrible review I read here, however, while I was still considering cancelling my order, they have shipped my order which arrived in 4 days with free shipping.

Item is packaged well and everything is well, CSR is somehow helpful because there was an error on my part which delayed my shipment or I would've had it sonner..

Based on my experience, I would definitely shop here again.

"Wow, this has been the worst experience EVER in dealing with a vendor. And this is a huge purchase for me! I have had to deal with Live Help every single day since I placed my order. First, the site said the D7000 was in stock & usually ships within 24 hours. I was then told that it wasn't going out for 7 business days, then tack on the 3 to 7 day delivery time on top of that. Through my complaining I was able to get my items shipped out 2 days later. I also didn't get a discount I was supposed to get at final checkout. They FINALLY refunded the discount after 6 days of placing my order and 3 attempts at trying to get an update about the discount. The confirmation emails I received didn't make any sense, had 1 tracking #, though they shipped my camera and an additional lens I purchased separately with separate tracking numbers. The lens came today, but no camera. So once again I had to talk to Live Help. He/she proceeds to tell me that there's a different tracking # for the camera. Luckily it's in transit, but I'm nervous about what kind of condition it will be in when I receive it after reading some of the reviews on here.

I will NEVER order from RitzCamera.com again. Stay FAR AWAY from these people, I'm astonished that they are even still in business. Totally pathetic.

"Terrible place to shop Sent defective product and they only have ten day return policy or exchange. told me to talk to the manufacturer"

"Absolutely HORRIBLE shipping department. Placed an order with next day shipping and it's now been two days and I haven't received my item. Got in touch with their customer service and they tell me it can take up to *TWO* days to process an order, that is just unacceptable, maybe if you order with normal shipping ok, but not if you spend extra to get next day. I placed my order on a Tuesday, and didn't get notification that my item was shipped until Thursday. They also refused to refund the extra spent on the next day shipping. Never ordering from them again."

"I ordered a Nikon D3100 with 18-55 and 70-300 zoom lenses on Sunday and received the entire order on Thursday. Everything was received in perfect condition with all of the Nikon warranty cards. After reading several negative reviews I was very nervous but everything, including the price, has left me very satisfied."

"Horrible customer service at store in Covington, WA
Took a 110 film into the store to get developed. Film was sent out to Atlanta. Paid 10.99 for developing. One month later I had to call to find out where my pictures where. Kept getting the run around. Finally put a tracer on it, film was lost. Now I am battling to get my $10.99 back. No reply from them or the District Manager. I wrote to Customer service, Mr. Zuella, in Beltsville, MD (x2) with no response. You will get no help from Steve McRae manager at Ritz in Covington. RUN RUN RUN away from this store. Barb Brunner, Creative Memories Consultant

"I ordered my D700 from Ritz on 5/11/10 without first reading any reviews about Ritz because it was out of stock most places and Ritz had the best price. Right after placing my order, I looked up some reviews. Seeing how bad they were, I immediately called and cancelled my order worried that I'd be waiting months for a camera that was actually out of stock. My order had already been sent to the warehouse for shipment and was shipped out that morning, only a few hours after I placed my order. My experiece with Ritz was very positive, and I would do business with them again."

"Defrauded by Ritz - Won't honor order - "in stock and reserved" is a lie!

Six days ago, Ritz accepted my order for a camera including this text in the email confirmation "Item Status:In stock and reserved." It was a Panasonic DMC-FH3R camera.

Today I received a second email: "We regret to inform you the item listed below may have been discontinued by the manufacturer, may be temporarily out of stock, or due to shipping restrictions, may be unable to ship to your location...This item will be cancelled from the order...Please visit our website or call our toll free number to order a comparable item."

I called the company and spoke with a customer service representative who said that the item had been discontinued and was no longer available, and had no explanation for how this came to be, given that it had been "In Stock and Reserved" at the time I placed the order. The supervisor was no help, and the customer service manager, Debbie in Irvine, California, hasn't returned my call.

Here we have a classic case of fraud. Apparently, they didn't really have the camera "in stock and reserved" at the time I placed the order, the camera is available at numerous other internet stores, albeit at a higher price, the company is not willing to make good on its offer of sale, and in a perfect bait-and-switch, suggests I go back to the site to buy again. Not a chance!

"I ordered 5 rolls of film; waited nearly 2 weeks and film arrived. box wasn't labeled "film" and was left by delivery in the Florida heat, fogging all five rolls. Called Ritz, and have since been another victim of their runaround games. Received an e-mail that the item had shipped, but it wasn't actually received by UPS until a week later. The temperature inside the box upon receipt was well in excess of 120 degrees F (75 is max for this film). Customer service is outsourced. Ritz is making every effort to make a return/refund impossible. Ritz camera was once a great place to shop, but now, there's no wonder they filed for bankruptcy protection. Service is horrible, they don't label shipping boxes for film, placing it at risk for heat, x-ray, etc., they lie about shipping dates. Next time, I'll take my chances with a back alley vendor before returning to Ritz Camera. Booooooo!"

"Horrible, disaster! They after I made a purchase cancelled my order, without even telling me. When I called to ask what is going on with it, guy who sounded like he has no idea what's going on, told me "Yea it's cancelled". Just like that. No reason. Probably they didn't like the price they sold it for, or they just didn't have it. My bad is that I didn't read this reviews everywhere, b/c they have 0 and 1 star the worst review.

Be aware, stay away even if they have better price, it's not worth it. Since they have this terrible reviews everywhere, they opened couple another websites under different name. But same store.

And much more, but I don't have addresses now. They have similar design so you can recognize it.

"I ordered Canon T2I and a SD memory card for a total of $857.88. I cancelled the order 15 minutes after I placed it. Here I am 15 days after my account was fully charged and still no timely credit to my Credit Card. Customer service is hurrendous and not in this country (fail). I have placed 5 calls to customer service with a response of it takes 7-10 days to process your refund, well this is day 15. Do Not By anything from this Company."

"I will avoid this vendor by all means! These people have no shame: I have bought a new D7000 camera body package from them for the full price of $1200.00 and I received the damged box, which was open many times and the bag with manuals was damaged and open. The most terrible thing was that there was no a registration card inside! This camera was definitely used and returned! They tried to sell a used camera to me as if it was new! Do not trust this vendor! "

modified review This review was modified by Vinetsky on April 04 2011 10:16:37 PM